08JUL12

Conversation with #beyondshadowrun at Sun 08 Jul 2012 06:57:19 PM EDT on Rivet_@irc.esper.net (irc)
(06:57:35 PM) You are now known as Fake_GM
(06:57:35 PM) _Magnus: Hey Rivet
(06:57:39 PM) Fake_GM: Hi
(06:57:51 PM) Fake_GM: ,daat
(06:57:51 PM) Servitor-Secundus: 131. Potion brewers across the land have their memories of ingredients wiped and replaced with soda
(06:57:51 PM) Servitor-Secundus: recipes.
(06:59:13 PM) Vargas: Hoi!
(06:59:37 PM) Fake_GM: Everybody but Bill here, then?
(07:00:17 PM) Miriam: Loooooks like.
(07:05:18 PM) Fake_GM: Well, he'll just have to catch up, I guess.
(07:06:05 PM) Fake_GM: Ok, so you've all emerged from the basement relatively unscathed. The greater barghest has up and vanished. It's what they do. But you have a demon hunter sitting in the wings, so it probably won't get far.
(07:06:14 PM) Fake_GM: (costumes, everyone)
(07:06:57 PM) ***Miriam is in costume.
(07:07:05 PM) ***Vargas looks to the others. "I think we've bought some time. Should we take this opportunity to inspect the lair?"
(07:07:22 PM) Siren is now known as Acadia
(07:07:22 PM) _Magnus: (Shit...forgot something. Be back shortly and I'll catch up)
(07:07:51 PM) Vargas: (I told you not to leave the keys in the Batmobile, Nacht)
(07:08:19 PM) Miriam: "We should. If only to make sure there aren't any more abominations down there about to slink away."
(07:08:30 PM) Vargas: (Who has the silver raven, Serribon or us?)
(07:09:08 PM) Vargas: (If we have it, we can send it off to tell Serribon to be ready to help us hunt in several hours.)
(07:09:43 PM) Fake_GM: (you guys, probably. If Serri really wanted to get into the city to find you, he would.)
(07:11:09 PM) ***Miriam rests against the rubble for a moment, taking a deep breath and trying to reenergize herself for another delving.
(07:11:26 PM) Miriam: "All right," she says. "If we're going back in, let's go."
(07:11:33 PM) Vargas: "Alright. I'll send the raven to let Serribon know we will need his help, but probably not for several hours, or possibly not until tomorrow morning."
(07:11:40 PM) ***Vargas sends the message off.
(07:11:44 PM) Vargas: "I am ready."
(07:12:10 PM) ***Acadia sniffs.
(07:12:37 PM) Vargas: "You have point, Miriam."
(07:12:49 PM) Miriam: "Understood."
(07:14:22 PM) ***Miriam re-ups her wand spells and glances at Acadia. The gnome's magic probably lasts a bit longer than Miriam's low level wands, but still, no time to waste.
(07:14:25 PM) ***Vargas uses his pearl of power to restore his magic missile spell.
(07:14:49 PM) ***Miriam will lead the party back to where they were before with all haste.
(07:15:23 PM) Miriam: GUPC of +13, plus two more vs undead and traps. Stealth of +13 as well.
(07:15:58 PM) Fake_GM: So trudging back downstairs. The cellar is just as foul as it was when you left it. Bit of the barghests' victims and other garbage is mixed in among the rubble.
(07:16:01 PM) Miriam: Upon arrival, I will begin sussing out further passages, alcoves, storage locations, etc.
(07:16:17 PM) Fake_GM: 'kay.
(07:16:23 PM) ***Vargas uses Detect Magic to scan around.
(07:17:37 PM) _Magnus: (okay)
(07:18:41 PM) Miriam: Back, Nacht?
(07:18:55 PM) Fake_GM: Again, the basement is basically rectangular with recessed alcoves set into the north and east walls. The stairs are in the south.
(07:19:02 PM) Fake_GM: The glitterings Vargas noticed earlier are coins and other trinkets the demons collected along with dinner, scattered among the rotten debris and often caked in unspeakable gunk. In the eastern alcove, Miriam finds writing carved into the brickwork.
(07:19:08 PM) _Magnus: (back)
(07:19:55 PM) Miriam: "Writing." What it say?
(07:20:46 PM) ***Vargas takes a look.
(07:21:01 PM) Fake_GM: It's a sentence in Classical Andro. "He who seeks Findarra’s heart must first drink of Gozreh’s blood."
(07:21:25 PM) Vargas: (knowledge check?)
(07:21:33 PM) Miriam: "Huh. I dunno who either of those people are."
(07:21:47 PM) Fake_GM: (History, Local, or Religion)
(07:22:05 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (hist)
(07:22:05 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (hist): 29:18+11
(07:22:10 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (local)
(07:22:10 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (local): 14:3+11
(07:22:18 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+12 (religion)
(07:22:18 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (religion): 22:10+12
(07:23:01 PM) ***_Magnus moves over and looks at the phrase, "Hmmm....Not your typical basement."
(07:23:06 PM) Fake_GM: Anybody else?
(07:23:45 PM) Miriam: Got nothin, 'cept k. Nobility.
(07:23:48 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+13 (religion)
(07:23:48 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus, (religion): 17:4+13
(07:24:13 PM) Acadia: Just nature, for me.
(07:26:24 PM) LordofWeirdos [~ThunderHa@c-68-63-91-80.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] entered the room.
(07:27:13 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnA51R7NzHQ
(07:27:18 PM) Fake_GM: Ok. Our scholars recognize the names as belonging to two goddesses worshipped in the region. Findarra was an earth goddess worshipped from antiquity, Gozreh of nature and the sea.
(07:27:47 PM) Fake_GM: Additionally, Vargas twigs to the common metaphorical applications, wherein the names of the two are used in reference to the realms of their dominion: namely, the depths of the earth and the seas themselves.
(07:28:21 PM) ***Vargas will explain this to the others in nerd historian fashion. This will only sound weird for Acadia and Magnus because his tense is slightly wrong. He speaks of the present as if it was the past.
(07:29:02 PM) Vargas: "Magnus, are there any bodies of water in this region?"
(07:29:35 PM) Miriam: "So to find the heart of the earth, we have to drink the blood of the sea? This is a trade port, after all."
(07:29:44 PM) Vargas: (oh, duh)
(07:29:49 PM) Vargas: (retract question)
(07:30:23 PM) Fake_GM: Anyone else poking and searching about?
(07:30:37 PM) Vargas: "I wonder if they might have a hideout under the water, or on an island? The heart of the earth could be a volcano. Volcanic island?"
(07:30:44 PM) ***_Magnus moves to the northern alcove and begins to search it.
(07:30:45 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(07:30:45 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (perc): 20:3+17
(07:31:17 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+1
(07:31:17 PM) Servitor-Secundus: LordofWeirdos: 4:3+1
(07:31:33 PM) ***Miriam will continue to scout as well.
(07:31:43 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13
(07:31:43 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Miriam: 18:5+13
(07:31:47 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *has been busy crafting the greatest item of all, as dwarven loremasters taught him* http://i.imgur.com/02BVo.jpg
(07:31:57 PM) Acadia: Sure! Acadia will sniff about. She would be bored anyway.
(07:32:02 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:32:02 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 29:15+14
(07:32:16 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5 (perception in Northern Alcove)
(07:32:16 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus, (perception in Northern Alcove): 24:19+5
(07:32:24 PM) _Magnus: (sweet)
(07:32:26 PM) Vargas: (Hey Bill)
(07:33:05 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Sup. Did you like Ibram's dwarven item?)
(07:33:06 PM) Acadia: (wow)
(07:33:35 PM) Vargas: (Wait a minute. You aren't serious are you?)
(07:34:14 PM) Fake_GM: Alrighty. As you rummage through the muck, as you probably suspected, you guys find bits of clothes and recognizable human bones among the other bits. Magnus, your probings uncover a thick mineral deposit in a line near the bottom of the northern wall.
(07:34:51 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Ibram rolled low on a perc check. I always try to throw in a gag)
(07:35:05 PM) Miriam: (Heh. Would that make the beer taste funny?)
(07:35:27 PM) ***Miriam will attend to Magnus and say, "Well? What is it?"
(07:35:39 PM) Fake_GM: (I've never been sure - is that mustard/soup in the bacon stein, or stout?)
(07:35:42 PM) Acadia: (I'm trying to figure out how they attacked the handle. And whether it would actually hold the mug.)
(07:36:24 PM) Vargas: (Pure cholesterol. Hardened into cement.)
(07:36:43 PM) Fake_GM: Whatever it is, it covers the brickwork and down to the flags making up the floor.
(07:37:08 PM) ***_Magnus sets his mace aside long enough to draw his dagger and scrape a bit of the deposit onto it's edge. He examines it.
(07:37:18 PM) Fake_GM: (dc nature)
(07:37:24 PM) Fake_GM: (er, k: nature)
(07:37:45 PM) Fake_GM: But whatever it is, it's relatively brittle and crumbly.
(07:37:47 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+21 (nature)
(07:37:47 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (nature): 30:9+21
(07:38:10 PM) Fake_GM: It's salt, son.
(07:38:18 PM) Vargas: "Oh, it's salt."
(07:38:51 PM) Vargas: (History thing, salt deposits are not unlike finding gold deposits)
(07:39:01 PM) ***_Magnus mutters, "So, there is a passage here. Salt water on the other side would be my guess."
(07:39:27 PM) ***Acadia sniffs around.
(07:39:28 PM) ***Miriam looks for a way to get it open.
(07:39:31 PM) ***_Magnus wipes the dagger and sheaths it, then picks up his mace. "That is my guess."
(07:39:41 PM) LordofWeirdos: guys
(07:39:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: guys. Important ooc thing
(07:39:49 PM) LordofWeirdos: #runners
(07:39:51 PM) LordofWeirdos: just go here
(07:39:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: SOMEONE IS STARTING AN ACTUAL SHADOWRUN GAME ON ESPERNET
(07:40:24 PM) Fake_GM: (I used to play SR on here. Of maybe it was Effnet. I forget)
(07:40:31 PM) ***Miriam looks for a way to open the door.
(07:40:35 PM) Miriam: If it is a door.
(07:40:37 PM) Vargas: (focus! Game here right now. Spectate is fine, but don't get distracted okay?)
(07:40:57 PM) Vargas: (Pascale used to game in other channels during my game, and it really annoyed me)
(07:41:20 PM) Fake_GM: There is no door. The brickwork and floor seem pretty solid. You'll have to get through the hard way.
(07:41:29 PM) LordofWeirdos: (That's fine, this is just an organizational thing)
(07:42:14 PM) Vargas: "I wonder if they would just blink through this wall? Assuming there is anything behind it."
(07:42:19 PM) ***Miriam hmms. "Okeydokey. Someone take the pick axe to it. Wait, do we even have the pick axe?"
(07:42:27 PM) Vargas: "Serribon carries it."
(07:42:33 PM) _Magnus: "Could check the other edges of the basement just to be sure. This room might be a flood area if salt is deposited elsewhere."
(07:42:39 PM) Fake_GM: Acadia, other than the foulness coating the floor, you smell something... odd. Earthy. And a bit acrid.
(07:42:45 PM) Miriam: "You could always step through and scout it for us, Vargas."
(07:43:08 PM) Acadia: Hmm. Knowledge check?
(07:43:44 PM) Acadia: (Also, I have stone shape today, we maybe could use that.)
(07:43:51 PM) Vargas: "I could, but I don't like to do blind teleportation."
(07:44:14 PM) Fake_GM: Planes or Nature
(07:44:32 PM) _Magnus: /me looks at the other large man. "Think if we put our might together we might be able to crunch a dent into it?"
(07:44:40 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "I've got a ebonsteel sword, functions as a pickaxe if need be."
(07:44:44 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(07:44:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 15:4+11
(07:44:51 PM) Acadia: ahem.
(07:45:03 PM) Miriam: "Well, set to it, then, Ibram."
(07:45:09 PM) Fake_GM: No idea, alas.
(07:45:10 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *gets to da choppin*
(07:45:14 PM) ***Miriam steps back and takes a nonchalant lean against a wall to watch.
(07:45:26 PM) Fake_GM: Was anybody pocketing the money?
(07:45:31 PM) Vargas: "I don't have stone shape ready, otherwise I'd bend it."
(07:45:32 PM) Miriam: Of course.
(07:45:34 PM) Acadia: Is the smell emanating from a specific spot?
(07:45:39 PM) Vargas: "I could desintigrate it."
(07:45:56 PM) ***_Magnus searches the other edges of the room for more salt deposits.
(07:46:09 PM) Fake_GM: It's mixed in among the other smells. Whatever made it was wandering all over the place.
(07:46:55 PM) ***Miriam just stands by, keeping her sensory orifaces open.
(07:47:00 PM) Acadia: Okie dokie.
(07:47:24 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5 (perception on other edges)
(07:47:25 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus, (perception on other edges): 23:18+5
(07:47:26 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *looks at her orifices. Hoho*
(07:47:32 PM) ***Acadia takes gnome form again. "There's a weird smell." Then she looks at where Ibram is pick-axing, and stone shapes the wall into a hole.
(07:47:55 PM) Vargas: "A weird smell?"
(07:48:34 PM) Fake_GM: Mags, the deposits are localized in the northern alcove.
(07:48:44 PM) ***Miriam bursts out laughing as the gnome literally hand-waves the problem of the stone wall.
(07:48:44 PM) ***Acadia nods. "Like..." She things on the appropriate word for a moment.
(07:48:58 PM) Fake_GM: It's a brick wall - does stone shape work on that?
(07:49:04 PM) Acadia: thinks*
(07:49:10 PM) Miriam: Yup.
(07:49:28 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/stone-shape
(07:49:43 PM) Miriam: It's touch range, 9 cubic feet of stone can be shaped as she sees fit.
(07:49:48 PM) Acadia: "Not man made smell, but... sour..."
(07:49:56 PM) ***_Magnus moves back after scooping up some loose coins. "Looks like this area is the only one with salt deposits."
(07:50:21 PM) Fake_GM: Ok. So the gnome waves her hands and the bricks open up like the door to Diagon Alley. Behind it you see - layers of packed dirt, clay, and sand.
(07:50:38 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *scowls*
(07:51:02 PM) Miriam: "Huh. That's disappointing. Is that natural? Is there any point in continuing to dig?"
(07:51:20 PM) Fake_GM: Engineering or Geography
(07:51:29 PM) ***Miriam still has K. Nobility.
(07:51:35 PM) _Magnus: "What would cause the salt to deposit only here? It has to be seeping through from somewhere."
(07:51:36 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (eng)
(07:51:36 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (eng): 23:12+11
(07:51:40 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (geo)
(07:51:40 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (geo): 16:5+11
(07:51:49 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+10 Knowledge Nobility
(07:51:49 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Miriam, Knowledge Nobility: 19:9+10
(07:51:57 PM) ***Miriam knows stuff about nobility.
(07:52:04 PM) Vargas: (I am the bard since we don't have one. hehe)
(07:52:09 PM) Miriam: Heh.
(07:52:38 PM) Fake_GM: V. It's a room built below the sea level. If the walls are solid, there's only one other direction seawater might have seeped in from.
(07:52:50 PM) Fake_GM: Miriam, as you lean against the other wall, "supervising", you feel it start to shift and something shoves up against your lower back. Gimme a reflex save.
(07:52:58 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *is just sweating*
(07:53:05 PM) ***Miriam squeaks!
(07:53:17 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:53:17 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Miriam: 17:3+14
(07:55:29 PM) Fake_GM: You start and jump out of the way. When you turn around, you, and anyone drawn to your brave squealing see a large, vaguely pyramidal creature emerging from the wall where you were standing. Not bursting through, but simply waddling out like it was walking through a door.
(07:55:56 PM) ***Vargas goes !!!
(07:56:42 PM) Fake_GM: It plants its three legs and glares at you all - a feat it accomplishes by having eyes on all three faces of its body. "Gimme back my lunch!" it croaks.
(07:56:59 PM) ***Acadia is cursing the fact that this thing shows up after all of her magic has faded. And prepares to cast flame strike.
(07:57:00 PM) Miriam: "Whaaaaat the f--It talked."
(07:57:20 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+27 (arcane)
(07:57:20 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (arcane): 40:13+27
(07:57:27 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+21 (planar)
(07:57:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (planar): 27:6+21
(07:57:55 PM) Vargas: "Lunch?"
(07:57:59 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11 nature
(07:58:00 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia, nature: 12:1+11
(07:58:06 PM) Acadia: eh...
(07:58:37 PM) ***_Magnus watches the creature curiously, but his grip increases on his mace.
(07:58:42 PM) Fake_GM: Vargas, like everyone else, you gape at the thing. Though in your case, its because you never really expected you'd ever see one. It's a xorn - a creature native to the Plane of Earth (and, if your sources were correct, sometimes the deep places of the world)
(07:58:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "WHat the shit?"
(07:59:13 PM) ***Vargas tries to recover, "Whoa! Wait! It's a xorn!"
(07:59:21 PM) Miriam: "A who?"
(07:59:31 PM) ***Vargas says "Hello" in Terran.
(08:00:28 PM) Fake_GM: "Yes, yes, hello." it rumbles in reply, "The girl and the orc have my dinner. I want it back."
(08:01:19 PM) Vargas: "Okay." "I think he means the salt. It eats salt, among other things like metal or gemstones I think."
(08:01:33 PM) Miriam: "Is it still talking? I'm guessing yes, because you're making the same sort of grumbly noises you are," says Miriam to Vargas.
(08:01:53 PM) Miriam: "Metal and gems? What about the coins we picked up?"
(08:01:58 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Sure give it food."
(08:02:01 PM) Acadia: "The salt. And the gold?"
(08:02:48 PM) ***Vargas asks in Terran, [Which things are your dinner? Salt? Coins?]
(08:02:59 PM) Fake_GM: It makes a ptagh sound and speaks in common again. "No salt. Plenty salt below. Gold, silver, yes."
(08:03:25 PM) Vargas: "It meant the coins."
(08:03:39 PM) ***Acadia looks at Miriam and Magnus expectantly.
(08:03:48 PM) Miriam: "Ooooof course it did," says Miriam.
(08:04:04 PM) Fake_GM: "Yes. Coin. I eat when wolf-demons gone."
(08:04:21 PM) Miriam: "So are we going to give the coins back? I didn't see his name on them."
(08:04:22 PM) Fake_GM: "Gone for good, gold all mine now."
(08:04:26 PM) ***Vargas asks, [What do you know about these wolf demons?]
(08:04:36 PM) ***_Magnus drops each coin he picked up, then five more for good measure from his own stash.
(08:06:43 PM) ***Miriam watches Magnus.
(08:06:52 PM) Fake_GM: [They haven't been here very long, maybe a quarter /untranslatable/. They have been bringing humans and animals down here to eat every few /untranslatable/. Very messy business.]
(08:07:44 PM) _Magnus: 5 extra silver coins btw..not gold ones.
(08:08:04 PM) Vargas: [Do they have any other hideouts that you know of?]
(08:08:14 PM) ***_Magnus says while dropping the five extra silver, "Variety in your diet."
(08:08:28 PM) Fake_GM: V, the difficult words refer to ridiculously and oddly measured time intervals. Doing the math in your head, it works out to about 15 years and every day or so.
(08:09:21 PM) Fake_GM: [I have no idea. Their business isn't mine, but they would probably try to eat me if they could. So I left them be.]
(08:09:23 PM) ***Vargas can be seen counting off mentally off. His fingers twitch unconciously as he goes.
(08:10:01 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (sense motive)
(08:10:02 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (sense motive): 35:18+17
(08:10:09 PM) Fake_GM: It makes a hrumphing noise and scoops up the proffered coins, tossing them into it's massive gullet.
(08:10:23 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "I think I like it."
(08:10:36 PM) ***Miriam grimaces. "I guess the bit of rotting flesh don't bother it."
(08:11:15 PM) Fake_GM: It's *very* difficult to get a read on, V, not having recognizable human anatomy. But you think its on the level - if not particularly pleased with having to deal with you lot.
(08:11:34 PM) ***_Magnus adds after some hesitation, "Could you please explain the salt in just the northern alcove...uh...my friend?"
(08:11:49 PM) ***Vargas looks up. (Is there a drain?)
(08:12:02 PM) Fake_GM: In the ceiling?
(08:12:24 PM) Vargas: (Yeah. If the walls are solid, it has to come from above)
(08:12:33 PM) Fake_GM: "Salt. Salt. Lots salt. Too much salt below. Pretty. No good to eat."
(08:12:34 PM) Miriam: (/me Befriends it to improve its attitude.)
(08:13:17 PM) Fake_GM: (heh)
(08:13:42 PM) Fake_GM: It makes the ptagh noise again.
(08:13:48 PM) _Magnus: "Is there a room below this one that we simply do not know of?"
(08:14:06 PM) LordofWeirdos: (What color is your hair miriam)
(08:14:19 PM) Miriam: Steel gray still.
(08:14:44 PM) Miriam: Though if this conversation continues to drag out, Miriam may get bored and brush.
(08:14:56 PM) Vargas: [I realize this is strange and all, but we mean you no harm. We are going to kill those demon wolves however. If you know a way to help us, you will not need to fear them ever again.]
(08:15:05 PM) Fake_GM: "No. Room is this?" It waves its three arms around, encompassing the basement. "Call... cave? Salt cave."
(08:15:13 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Then you can't befriend)
(08:16:14 PM) Fake_GM: [I really don't know where the things go when they aren't here. I don't care what happens up top. And they don't come below.]
(08:16:32 PM) Miriam: (True!)
(08:16:50 PM) Vargas: [Okay.]
(08:17:45 PM) Vargas: "It doesn't know anything about where to find the last demon dog. But they showed up about 15 years ago, and eat down here every few days... That's a lot of innocent people."
(08:18:18 PM) Miriam: "Truly. What about this underground? Is there anything else down here we need to concern ourselves with?"
(08:18:53 PM) Vargas: "I don't think so. There is so little left here, I'm not sure we can even identify who they are."
(08:19:11 PM) Fake_GM: The xorn waddles around the room, picking over the loose coins and tossing some back.
(08:19:54 PM) Vargas: (I imagine Acadia is thinking, WTF is this?)
(08:20:08 PM) Miriam: "All right, well, if there's nothing more to this place, then let's get back to the surface and figure out what we're going to do next."
(08:20:10 PM) Fake_GM: Its perambulations take it through the support pillars, which it walks through like they aren't even there.
(08:20:21 PM) Acadia: (Something along those lines, yes.)
(08:20:36 PM) Acadia: (Also, why tf is Vargas talking to it?)
(08:20:43 PM) Vargas: "Agreed."
(08:20:58 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *Wishes he was a xorn, it seems like a pretty chill life*
(08:21:05 PM) _Magnus: "Yes."
(08:21:09 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *go around, phase through rock, eat stuff. Sounds good to him*
(08:22:14 PM) Miriam: All right, then, I guess we're done here after all.
(08:22:58 PM) ***Vargas starts looking around the floor.
(08:23:41 PM) ***Miriam raises an eyebrow at Vargas. "Lose something?"
(08:23:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Probably his hat."
(08:24:01 PM) Vargas: "I'm trying to figure out how water is getting into, or out of this room."
(08:24:06 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *makes grabby hands at it*
(08:24:13 PM) Vargas: "Hey!"
(08:24:41 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *chortles*
(08:24:47 PM) Vargas: "The xorn said salt cave, right? Below us."
(08:24:49 PM) ***Miriam chuckles. "What do you mean? The room seems pretty dry to me. If there's water coming in, I thought we figured it was coming through that other wall."
(08:24:55 PM) Fake_GM: (If Ancient wants to do the hunt for the remaining barghest, we can call this here. Your guys don't really seem that explore-y, which is perfectly fine.)
(08:25:10 PM) _Magnus: "Seems odd to me still, that the salt is only in the northern alcove though, Vargas."
(08:25:11 PM) Vargas: (Yeah, I think we're barghest hunting)
(08:25:24 PM) Vargas: (This whole hidden salt cave thing is confusing)
(08:25:28 PM) Miriam: I think we're explory, there just aren't any further passages.
(08:26:28 PM) Vargas: (Onwards to Barghest hunting. We can always come back to the Salt Caves of Akor later)
(08:26:50 PM) _Magnus: (Agreed)
(08:27:15 PM) Miriam: Heh, I didn't prep the hunt for tonight. I figured Rivet was running again.
(08:27:29 PM) Miriam: I have an idea I want to run, but I don't have it ready.
(08:27:55 PM) Vargas: (Wait, what? I'm really confused here. What's going on OOCly?)
(08:28:04 PM) Vargas: (I thought barghest hunting was the plan?)
(08:28:42 PM) Miriam: (Hehehe, hm. Miscommunication, much?)
(08:29:19 PM) Fake_GM: (Like a good L10 party, you've managed to break out of the scenario. =) The barghest thing was a minor part of the module. Just something to do once you got here.)
(08:29:44 PM) Vargas: (If we had salt caves prepared tonight, let's do that. Fudge the IC to make it happen. I don't want to waste content, nor the time we spent to get here tonight and play)
(08:29:55 PM) Miriam: (So DM, does your undergorund module continue, or not?)
(08:30:23 PM) Fake_GM: (Oh, yeah. There's a bunch more stuff.)
(08:30:45 PM) Miriam: (Then Let us recap right quick:
(08:30:46 PM) Vargas: (Then let's get our gaming hats on and go for it.)
(08:30:51 PM) Fake_GM: (I hate to railroad you. I just don't have anything else prepped.)
(08:30:55 PM) Miriam: We have a chamber at the bottom of a staircase.
(08:31:19 PM) Miriam: It contains a cryptic message in one alcove. In the other is a wall coated with salt.
(08:31:30 PM) Miriam: The rest of the contents are incidental, dragged down here by the barghests.
(08:31:39 PM) Fake_GM: (The barghest plot was just a way to get you to the basement)
(08:32:05 PM) Miriam: The wall coated with salt, however, turns out to be just a wall. Behind it is the natural substrate of the earth.
(08:33:16 PM) Fake_GM: And the salt formations are on the flagstones covering the floor in the northern alcove and end in a line a few inches up on the wall. Or what used to be the wall.
(08:33:54 PM) Miriam: Ok, so the salt clearly seaped in right along the bottom of the wall only.
(08:34:20 PM) Fake_GM: Or up through the floor itself.
(08:34:38 PM) Miriam: Oooooh.
(08:34:51 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *begins eating bread*
(08:35:02 PM) Miriam: Well, in that case, are investigatory actions change a bit.
(08:35:09 PM) Fake_GM: It's not solid concrete, it's wide, flat stones pressed down into the earth.
(08:35:16 PM) ***_Magnus moves back to the alcove and scrapes some salt with his finger. He glances at it. "Drink from the sea?" He pulls his cup from his haversack and flicks the salt into it, then adds a bit of water from his leather skin. He drinks the cup, and waits....
(08:35:47 PM) Miriam: DM, does the salt deposit indicate flooding, or just seepage in the vicinity of this alcove?
(08:35:54 PM) Fake_GM: Flooding
(08:36:17 PM) Miriam: So it filled the whole chamber, or does this alcove have a slightly sunken floor?
(08:36:24 PM) Vargas: "Xorn friend, I might have misunderstood you earlier. Did you say there was a cave underneath us?"
(08:36:30 PM) ***_Magnus shrugs and puts the cup back where he got it from.
(08:37:06 PM) Fake_GM: For expedience sake, the latter, Mir. If any of you were dwarves, you probably would have figured that out already.
(08:37:18 PM) Miriam: Dwarves we are not.
(08:37:27 PM) Fake_GM: It pauses briefly in its foraging, "Yes."
(08:37:45 PM) Vargas: "How far is it below us?"
(08:38:19 PM) Fake_GM: "For me? Not far. For you? Long drop."
(08:39:04 PM) Vargas: "Is there anything interesting down there?"
(08:39:18 PM) Miriam: DM, is the Xorn speaking Terran with Vargas?
(08:39:37 PM) Fake_GM: No. Assumed quotes are common.
(08:40:02 PM) Miriam: Ok.
(08:40:18 PM) ***Miriam pulls out her quarterstaff and starts tapping on the floor in various places.
(08:40:45 PM) ***Acadia cocks an eyebrow at what the earth monster could possibly find interesting other than a gold and silver lunch.
(08:41:00 PM) Fake_GM: "Cave pretty enough. Not much food."
(08:41:27 PM) Vargas: (just for time purposes, do Acadia and I need to spend a night preparing digging magic?)
(08:41:33 PM) ***Miriam agrees with Acadia. Xorn not the best person to ask. It's probably got the fountain of youth in it.
(08:41:42 PM) _Magnus: "Any other living things down there?"
(08:42:11 PM) Fake_GM: (a good observation, guys)
(08:42:31 PM) Fake_GM: (and you don't have to. But you can. Could be useful. The stuff isn't going anywhere.)
(08:42:45 PM) Vargas: (Okay, here is my suggestion.)
(08:43:10 PM) Vargas: (We do the barghest hunt another night. But tonight, we fast forward in tonight to a point after we did the hunt)
(08:43:19 PM) Vargas: (ICly we'd do it in that order)
(08:43:27 PM) Fake_GM: "Some. Flitter things. Grabbers. Usual things"
(08:43:32 PM) Vargas: (But I don't want to waste tonight we when waited all week to play)
(08:43:55 PM) Fake_GM: Miriam's proddings reveal a hollow-sounding spot.
(08:44:04 PM) ***Acadia doesn't like the sound of "grabbers."
(08:44:41 PM) Vargas: "That sounds like a good spot to dig."
(08:45:41 PM) Acadia: (So, prepping spells?)
(08:45:48 PM) Miriam: Hold on.
(08:45:51 PM) Miriam is now known as Ancient
(08:46:10 PM) Ancient: All right, first off, is everyone on the same page at this point?
(08:46:17 PM) Vargas: I think so.
(08:46:29 PM) Ancient: We successfully routed out the Barghests. I
(08:46:40 PM) Ancient: In the process, we've discovered that there is a cave below.
(08:46:48 PM) Ancient: There is also one Barghest still on the loose.
(08:47:17 PM) Ancient: Magnus and Ibram, what would your characters say? Track down the Barghest first?
(08:48:07 PM) Ancient: I imagine Vargas would vote to start fresh before opening a sealed cave system.
(08:48:48 PM) Vargas: Yeah. When we talked about going into the lair, I assumed it was the barghest's lair. A seperate cave system is a whole different thing.
(08:48:50 PM) Fake_GM: You guys also burned several spells and Acadia has been in beastshape for much of the day already.
(08:49:03 PM) _Magnus: Magnus realizes that the barghest could be anywhere in this large city, or outside it. If we have to continue to hunt it, he would rest to attain a new spell that would act as a trap for the barghest's return to this basement...then they could explore the cave.
(08:49:23 PM) Ancient: Magnus, which spell?
(08:49:35 PM) _Magnus: give me a second to get it.
(08:49:35 PM) Fake_GM: Someone give me a planes check.
(08:50:24 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+21 (planes)
(08:50:24 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (planes): 22:1+21
(08:50:29 PM) Vargas: (rofl)
(08:50:42 PM) Fake_GM: right-o, then
(08:51:00 PM) Vargas: (at least it's not an auto fail)
(08:52:20 PM) _Magnus: Glyph of Warding http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/glyph-of-warding
(08:53:08 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *yes spell awesome*
(08:53:48 PM) Ancient: Ok, here's how it's going to go. Tonight, we're going to go back to administrative stuff.
(08:53:59 PM) Ancient: Next session, I will run the hunt.
(08:54:16 PM) Ancient: After that, if the team is so inclined, it can return and explore the cave.
(08:54:35 PM) Ancient: Since that module is still sealed up like canned soup, it shouldn't go bad between now and then.
(08:55:00 PM) Ancient: There is not sufficient time left tonight to do any good session justice.
(08:55:04 PM) Ancient: So...
(08:55:13 PM) Vargas: Ok. I won't lie. I'm disappointed. But we've lost half the time already and there's nothing to do about it.
(08:55:18 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(08:55:31 PM) Fake_GM: (*nod* It doesn't have much to do with anything, other than the module storyline I've appropriated. )
(08:55:33 PM) Vargas: (What admin stuff have we got?)
(08:55:35 PM) Miriam: Two hours, by my clock, out of our admittedly nominal three.
(08:56:06 PM) Miriam: Let us revisit the stuff we were talking about last week.
(08:57:05 PM) Miriam: DM, we were able to find a house, yes, within the city limits?
(08:57:14 PM) Vargas: We had armor for Acadia. A vest for Petite.
(08:57:22 PM) Fake_GM: Yup
(08:57:27 PM) Vargas: Permanent Magic Fang for Petite.
(08:57:33 PM) Miriam: Ok. What costs are associated with the house?
(08:57:52 PM) Miriam: Vargas has his list of things to make, magic-item-wise.
(08:58:37 PM) Miriam: Ibram, what are you working on while we're in the city?
(08:58:39 PM) Fake_GM: You'd have to find a place and pay to get it rehabbed to your specifications.
(08:59:38 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *building the stuff requested*
(08:59:56 PM) Miriam: New players and others, note that downtime in a major city is a precious resource. Use it wisely to figure out your shopping lists and other resources of civilization which you need.
(09:00:25 PM) Miriam: What things, Ibram? I know I ordered the throwing stars. What else?
(09:00:58 PM) Vargas: Fullplate for Lumiel.
(09:01:04 PM) Miriam: DM, with respect to the house, that's exactly what we do. We should we sort out a price?
(09:01:06 PM) Vargas: And Acadia's leather.
(09:01:38 PM) Fake_GM: Ok, adminstration: I'm gonna go ahead and call that at CR9 encounter. So everybody gets 1600XP for beating/running off the barghests.
(09:02:33 PM) Miriam: Roger, DM.
(09:04:26 PM) Fake_GM: And I do apologize for not making my intentions for the adventure clearer. The barghests, really, were just there to get you *here*.
(09:04:53 PM) Vargas: nodnod. It was a miscommunication. It happens.
(09:06:30 PM) _Magnus: Not a problem to me..we found a secret entrance, man.
(09:08:23 PM) Miriam: Magnus, you are back in the city with the best library you've had access to to date. Anything on your to-do list?
(09:10:23 PM) _Magnus: Look for more information on the Empire, history of the Orc conflict. Find maps if possible for if his village is on them. And he is curious about the goblin deity and the rock stacking bit...so he'll study up on that if possible.
(09:10:33 PM) ***Acadia hangs close to Vargas, watching his process of enchantment. The ideal occurs to her, if people buy these enchanted items, would they buy enchanted tattoos?
(09:10:50 PM) _Magnus: Home life would consist of prayer, and getting to know the group.
(09:11:02 PM) _Magnus: + tending Deloris naturally.
(09:11:23 PM) ***Vargas asks Acadia, "Those tattoos of yours. They are magical right?"
(09:11:36 PM) ***Acadia nods.
(09:11:57 PM) Vargas: "If you gave a magic tattoo to Petite, could he use it?"
(09:13:19 PM) ***Acadia considers for a moment. "Hm.... He is intelligent..." (Can animals use magic stuff?)
(09:13:42 PM) Fake_GM: Serribon waits outside the city walls. Godot shows up. He says, "Hey" and moves on.
(09:14:47 PM) _Magnus: When Magnus tends Deloris he takes her outside the city walls to get some air away from the hustle and bustle.
(09:18:31 PM) Miriam: Vargas, did you want to try to build a lab in the house? Or did you want to set up a simple study, and monopolize an existing magic shop's resources for your heavy lab work?
(09:20:08 PM) Vargas: Seperate shop I think.
(09:20:20 PM) Vargas: Less conversion work.
(09:20:34 PM) Miriam: Acadia, Animal Companions are not unusually intelligent for their kind. They are not sapient.
(09:21:05 PM) Acadia: But we gave P intelligence buffs to make him intelligent, right?
(09:21:14 PM) Vargas: So V will set up a study in the house, and work in the workshop for enchanting and spell testing.
(09:21:39 PM) Miriam: Vargas, you can monopolize a shop and its people for 60 GP per month. That gets you all their resources and the people who work there. Your projects all have top priority.
(09:22:03 PM) Miriam: Did we, Acadia?
(09:22:13 PM) Acadia: I believe so.
(09:24:18 PM) Miriam: Vargas, what say you? You'd basically be renting the place out for your own purposes.
(09:24:42 PM) Vargas: 60 gp? Sold!
(09:25:01 PM) Miriam: Roger.
(09:27:12 PM) Miriam: All right, as to the team: for 200 GP collective, you can spruce up a house and live a fairly luxurus lifestyle, including a couple of full time servants.
(09:27:31 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *has been renting out a forge too*
(09:28:47 PM) Miriam: Ibram, any pet projects in addition to the team requests?
(09:29:08 PM) Miriam: Also, Ibram, what,s your smithing mod at this point?
(09:29:14 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *only his bacon tankard*
(09:29:27 PM) LordofWeirdos: 18
(09:29:31 PM) LordofWeirdos: including masterwork tools
(09:29:54 PM) Miriam: And how much of that is skill ranks? Maxed out?
(09:29:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: yeah
(09:30:04 PM) LordofWeirdos: 11 skills +3 in class
(09:30:10 PM) LordofWeirdos: 2 int, 2 masterwork
(09:30:54 PM) Miriam: Roger. In that case, you are far and away the most talented smith they've ever had in the shop. That and your more modern techniques for making spring steel boggle the locals' minds.
(09:31:03 PM) Miriam: Magnus!
(09:31:14 PM) _Magnus: Yep?
(09:31:50 PM) Miriam: You meet up with your buds the Library Guards, do a night on the town because why not, and then resume your studies based on the new information and perspective you gathered in Andropolis.
(09:32:28 PM) _Magnus: Groovie Ghoulie
(09:33:40 PM) Miriam: You are able to find some rudimentary maps of the south. You also get the sense that this library might have some older, more precious documents in the restricted sections where they don't let plebes like you. Especially plebes who are only even in the general access area because they bribed the guards.
(09:35:21 PM) ***Acadia watches Vargas work. "Do you sell your magic things?"
(09:35:29 PM) Miriam: As to Goblins and Hobgoblins, the rest of the team could tell you a thing or two about them. You come to find out that they hail generally from the far north, and seem to have a strange pantheistic tradition which seems primitive, rather crude and violent, and difficult to translate...
(09:35:38 PM) Miriam: ...into minds that don't live solely for violence and rape.
(09:36:14 PM) Miriam: The Goblins are takers. They raid, pillage, plunder, and revel in death.
(09:36:56 PM) Miriam: They don't form a horde like the Orcs, and they are not nearly as numerous, but they remind you of the orcs in that they seem to be for the most part irredeemably evil as a kind.
(09:37:02 PM) ***Vargas looks at Acadia. "Umm..." He thinks for a long time. "No. I haven't. Usually my work is so expensive, I can't find a buyer. Usually we use everything I might, and then only sell it when we have no use for it anymore. I've never had someone outside our group ask me to make something for them."
(09:37:09 PM) Miriam: Serribon!
(09:37:34 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(09:37:36 PM) Serribon: Yeah?
(09:37:58 PM) Miriam: Also, for now, we're just talking about getting things started, people. So make your month long plans and whatnot, but for now assume that you're only just kicking them off.
(09:38:23 PM) _Magnus: Magnus will have copied the maps as best he can, and short handed into a parchment journal the important notes from his library studies.
(09:38:48 PM) Miriam: Serribon, you are quickly able to scrounge out a private hut on the outskirts with a door that actually closes. With a bit of work, you can make it secure against other squatters and random theft.
(09:39:15 PM) Serribon: I figure if I permanently maim enough of them, they'll quit.
(09:39:34 PM) Miriam: In addition, you have figured out where to hang out to get the best view of the gate and the main road into the city, so you can scope the sorts of people that go in and out.
(09:40:48 PM) Miriam: That said, as soon as you have a secure hut, you can teleport directly between that and the house. By keeping your time table random, no one is even the wiser. As such, you are able to live quite comfortably in the house with servants inside the city, while to all appearances living in a hut outside the city.
(09:41:07 PM) Miriam: The only ones who know are the servants, and they also know another thing: STFU.
(09:41:08 PM) Acadia: "The people in the roads sell stuff from their little homes. You never do that?"
(09:42:46 PM) ***Miriam for her part takes baths and sleeps a lot as soon as the house is established. She takes a few tours around the city in those first couple of days when we're hunting for the house and then having it fixed up, but as soon as she has her own clean bed, she takes full advantage of it.
(09:43:16 PM) ***Vargas shakes his head. He looks around, and picks up his backpack. "No. You see this backpack? Wonderful thing isn't it? I can carry so much like it was nothing. Who wouldn't want a bag like this?"
(09:44:26 PM) Vargas: "Thing is, it takes about a thousand gold coins to make one. But an average guild worker only earns about a silver or two per day. They would have to work for decades to afford this bag. It would be worth more than their home."
(09:44:30 PM) ***Acadia looks at the bag and blinks.
(09:45:26 PM) Vargas: "The amount of wealth in our equipment could probably buy a huge part of this city."
(09:45:42 PM) ***Acadia looks at Vargas and blinks.
(09:46:19 PM) ***Vargas points at her coin purse. "You are a wealthy person, Acadia. People would kill for the money in your purse. Some would sell their own family for it."
(09:47:12 PM) ***Acadia looks at her coin purse and blinks. That makes very little sense to her.
(09:48:34 PM) ***Vargas says, "You should never let anyone outside of our group know how much money you have. They will envy you for it. Some will hate you. But it is none of their business, okay?"
(09:48:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "stupid people would, anyway."
(09:49:13 PM) Vargas: "If you don't know how much something is worth, ask one of us whether it is reasonable. Okay?"
(09:51:24 PM) ***Acadia considers this, and nods. "Okay, But.... No one here will buy magic? Not ever the high people?"
(09:51:31 PM) Acadia: even*
(09:52:07 PM) Vargas: "The high people will. You just have to be patient when looking for a buyer."
(09:52:48 PM) Miriam: (Ok, team, one other bit of news OOC)
(09:53:19 PM) Acadia: "...looking for a buyer?" Somehow, Acadia had the idea that rich people would just appear to buy expensive things. Isn't that like, all they do?
(09:53:47 PM) ***Vargas nods.
(09:54:17 PM) Miriam: (When I laid out the plan, I specifically said "next session" rather than "next week," because I honestly don't know if I will be available next Sunday. I will keep you apprised, but expect to know for sure Saturday night. Our work schedule at Ft. Bragg does not technically include a weekend.)
(09:55:03 PM) Vargas: "Would you like for me to take you to the magic bazaar, and show you how I would sell something?"
(09:55:28 PM) ***Acadia thinks about it, and then nods.
(09:55:39 PM) Miriam: Magnus, do you have any plans to pursue the more restricted areas of the librar?
(09:55:47 PM) Miriam: Rar!
(09:55:52 PM) Miriam: Y. Library.
(09:56:28 PM) Serribon: (that's what you call it when the put all the books away in a box.)
(09:56:37 PM) Acadia: She also thinks, "Bazaar?" (What a weird word.)
(09:57:06 PM) _Magnus: Yes, but I need to figure out how to go about it.
(09:57:48 PM) ***Vargas will introduce Acadia to a whole new world of money, and spending. Snooty doesn't even begin to describe it. It's almost as much about pedigree and reputation as product.
(09:57:49 PM) Miriam: Of course, Magnus. That's the game. :-) You tell me, "Hey, I want to quest for that," and I or another DM comes up with the quest.
(09:58:05 PM) _Magnus: Then I do want a quest for that.
(09:58:31 PM) Miriam: Heh, roger!
(09:59:02 PM) ***Miriam wants to quest for friendship, true love, and shoes.
(09:59:54 PM) Miriam: Ok, does anyone have any questions about the plan for the next two sessions?
(10:01:08 PM) Miriam: Vargas and Acadia, feel free to twix that trip to the bazaar at any point this week. You can have Rivet DM it, since he's an expert on the city.
(10:01:25 PM) Miriam: Pre-date it to just before we go on the Barghest Hunt. Just as they're finishing up our new house.
(10:01:38 PM) Serribon: Anybody can share my expertise - I'm making it up whole-cloth as I go along. =)
(10:01:39 PM) ***Acadia is astounded, and rather disturbed. Her main endeavor is this: to find people who will buy her magical tattoos (specifically easy stuff), and to get them to pay as much as possible. Between cocking an eyebrow at all of these ridiculous people and their enounters, she questions Vargas upon how to achieve these goals.
(10:02:24 PM) Acadia: Oh yeah, a twix would be nice. Would you two be up for that?
(10:02:29 PM) Miriam: Similarly, Rivet, if you want to DM Magnus's attempts to gain/game access to the restricted areas of the library, feel free.
(10:02:31 PM) Vargas: Of course.
(10:04:26 PM) Serribon: Um. Ok. We'll see.
(10:04:39 PM) _Magnus: Ever the cleric, Magnus will probably help those in need of it, diseases and such, if he has the spells and comes along them in his travels through the city....but he will do so while trying not to step on the toes of anyone that has actually set up a full residency
(10:04:44 PM) Miriam: If you don't want to, then don't and I will when I get back.
(10:04:48 PM) Serribon: Give me a projected time and we'll work something out.
(10:04:51 PM) _Magnus: just to add to his months here.
(10:05:57 PM) Miriam: Let us say that we have two weeks of downtime prior to the Barghest hunt, where we're planting ourselves and getting established. We plan to have a full five or six weeks here, total, at a minimum.
(10:06:09 PM) Acadia: I'm pretty much free most evenings after 8 or 9
(10:06:35 PM) Vargas: I'm usually online by 6 or 7.
(10:06:39 PM) Vargas: EST
(10:07:05 PM) Miriam: Ok, kids, y'all have fun, now. I'm off to bed. Feel free to stay up late and make plans.
(10:07:16 PM) Serribon: Ok. I normally get on around 9, so we can probably come to an arrangement
(10:08:00 PM) Serribon: Wednesday is about the only night I can't do. And then only between 10 and 10:30
(10:08:33 PM) Acadia: That's okay with me.
(10:08:53 PM) Acadia: Night, Miriam!
(10:09:00 PM) _Magnus: Works for me too, Serri
(10:09:10 PM) _Magnus: Night Miriam!
(10:09:16 PM) Vargas: Later dude.
(10:09:54 PM) Miriam is now known as Ancient
(10:09:56 PM) Ancient: TTFN.
(10:10:23 PM) Ancient: Oh, durn, and I completely forgot to look at feats for the Befriender.
(10:10:29 PM) Ancient left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving).
(10:10:46 PM) Vargas: "Well, let's think. How would we sell your tattoos. I think we should try to sell it as something exotic, wild, and mysterious. Enhance the experience. So your style of dress should stay the same, but Miriam should still do your hair. Wild is good. Unkempt is not."
(10:11:05 PM) Vargas: "And we should get you a both, and let Petite stay in alligator form with you."
(10:11:10 PM) Vargas: (err, booth)
(10:11:55 PM) Vargas: "Are the designs tied to the spells? Do you want we to draw some examples on parchment so you can hang pictures of them on the booth?"
(10:12:00 PM) ***Acadia blinks. She's not entirely sure why doing hair should be necessary, but she is inclined to listen to Vargas.
(10:12:06 PM) Vargas: "You would need to tell me what they would look like."
(10:12:25 PM) Serribon: (http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=4720)
(10:12:56 PM) ***Acadia shrugs. "Doesn't matter what they look like. I can draw some, though. Um... poison ivy?"
(10:13:09 PM) Acadia: "Centipede?"
(10:13:38 PM) Vargas: "Hmm, that could work. If they can look like anything, you need to chat with the client and find something that's exciting to them."
(10:14:02 PM) Vargas: "Maybe they hate cenipedes, so that wouldn't work. But a wolf? They might think a wolf is cool."
(10:14:23 PM) ***Acadia frowns. Chatting with the client does not sound like something she wants to do. "Hm...."
(10:14:28 PM) Vargas: "I think you could even sell them as an anti-kidnapping thing."
(10:14:28 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Wolfs hurt when they bite."
(10:14:50 PM) Vargas: "Sure, they might steal your dagger but they'll never think that you've got a secret weapon on your skin. Oh ho!"
(10:14:51 PM) Acadia: "Anti-kidnapping?"
(10:14:57 PM) ***Vargas nods.
(10:15:02 PM) Acadia: "Ohh..."
(10:15:05 PM) Vargas: "They can't disarm you of a tattoo."
(10:15:31 PM) Vargas: "I bet some fathers might buy something like that for their heirs."
(10:15:56 PM) ***Acadia thinks on these things.
(10:16:33 PM) Vargas: "If you aren't comfortable talking, let me do that part. I've had a lot of experience with it."
(10:16:45 PM) Vargas: (thank you, +18 diplomacy check!)
(10:17:21 PM) Acadia: (That spiderman comic is awesome, btw)
(10:17:32 PM) Acadia: "You can talk to them?"
(10:18:22 PM) Vargas: "Sure. But not all the time. I've got a lot of work to do to."
(10:19:06 PM) ***Acadia nods, looking much happier with that arrangement.
(10:22:11 PM) ***_Magnus takes some time to re-read his notes from the library while drinking a bit of his honey spirits in his personal room.

08JUL12

Clockwork Rivet