10JUN12b

Conversation with #beyondshadowrun at Sun 10 Jun 2012 06:51:00 PM EDT on Rivet_@irc.esper.net (irc)
(07:01:58 PM) D_M: Who all is NOT here yet for game time?
(07:02:38 PM) Serribon: (looks like absolutely everybody, unless Bill's wandered away)
(07:02:48 PM) Vargas: (I am here)
(07:03:29 PM) D_M: So, Magnus, the city you seek lies to the west, several weeks journey. You can go alone, or you can travel with a caravan.
(07:04:27 PM) Harmonia: ,roll 8d8
(07:04:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Harmonia: 30
(07:04:32 PM) _Magnus: Caravan till I need to part ways
(07:04:54 PM) D_M: Very well.
(07:05:00 PM) D_M: Fade forward.
(07:06:42 PM) D_M: Magnus, you have been travelling with the caravan, due west, for several weeks.
(07:07:30 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *is sitting around eating cheese and bread*
(07:07:39 PM) D_M: After leaving Akor, the grasslands quickly gave way to desert as you left the sea behind you. The desert is a vast sea of its own kind, a dune sea, but you have your magics, and your hosts have their own techniques for crossing. Your mule enjoys the pleasant company of camels.
(07:08:24 PM) D_M: After a couple of weeks, though, the dune sea finally finds a new feature to show you: a spire of natural stone, sticking up like some kind of fossilized tooth of the earth itself.
(07:09:05 PM) D_M: Soon you crest a dune and see more. The land ahead is broken with mesas and stone pinnacles.
(07:09:51 PM) D_M: You pass among these over the next few days, and they grow more and more numerous, until you feel that you are wandering not a desert but the floor of an endless, labyrinthine canyon.
(07:10:51 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Too damn hot here." *he complains, spitting*
(07:11:38 PM) D_M: Now, Ibram, Vargas, Serribon, and Company..l
(07:11:51 PM) D_M: You are journeying from the west.
(07:12:07 PM) D_M: You left the cyclops corpse behind and entered into the desert.
(07:12:40 PM) D_M: Days became weeks. Soon, there were only sands to be seen.
(07:12:43 PM) Vargas: "Acadia, will Petite be alright out here in the desert?"
(07:12:51 PM) D_M: Acadia is not with you.
(07:13:08 PM) Vargas: (Where did she go?)
(07:13:18 PM) D_M: You recall that you left her behind in the jungles of her homeland. She said she had some "things" to "sort out," and she might catch up with you later.
(07:13:30 PM) D_M: She was not with uou for the Cyclops battle.
(07:13:35 PM) Harmonia: (But yes, thanks to endure elements and create water)
(07:13:44 PM) Vargas: (ok)
(07:14:10 PM) D_M: Anyway, so you continue east across the desert, and then, suddenly, it ends. Or rather, it is interrupted, by a shallow canyon.
(07:14:29 PM) D_M: You can see the bedrock, the cliff faces that form the sides of the canyon.
(07:14:38 PM) Serribon: "Looks like we've finally reached the outskirts."
(07:14:39 PM) Vargas: "What was it we saw the last time we came to the capital? Was it giant scorpions or something?"
(07:14:45 PM) D_M: Eventually, you make your way across, and continue along the plateau.
(07:14:51 PM) D_M: There is no sign of the city, yet.
(07:14:53 PM) Vargas: "I recall seeing rocks like these."
(07:15:14 PM) D_M: But as you journey, within another day you encounter another canyon, this one even deeper, barring your way.
(07:15:15 PM) Serribon: "I don't know if we can call them giants. We've seen bigger."
(07:15:30 PM) Vargas: "They were pretty intimidating at the time."
(07:15:46 PM) Serribon: "Everything did."
(07:15:55 PM) Vargas: (How big is this canyon?)
(07:15:57 PM) Serribon: *was
(07:16:40 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "I'll kill some scorpions if need be."
(07:17:06 PM) D_M: Days continue to pass, and soon, you are truly in the broken lands. The question is, how do you wish to proceed? Use magics to stay on the high ground, or go down and navigate the canyon floors?
(07:17:36 PM) Serribon: I'd vote for the floors. There's no cover from the sun atop the pinnacles.
(07:17:58 PM) Vargas: "I can always fly up, and pick the right canyon routes to keep us headed east."
(07:18:13 PM) Serribon: And we'd have to constantly find ways to move between them.
(07:18:56 PM) D_M: Very well. Low ground it is.
(07:19:29 PM) Serribon: "I can keep us going in the right direction. Even if we end up going north or south, once we hit the east coast, it's just a matter of moving along."
(07:20:11 PM) D_M: Night time.
(07:20:27 PM) D_M: Yet another quickly chilling desert night.
(07:21:01 PM) D_M: You make your respective camps amongst the towering walls of bedrock.
(07:21:47 PM) D_M: Acadia, your costume.
(07:21:58 PM) ***Vargas reads under the light of his glowstone. He shields the stone to prevent the light from giving away their position in the darkness.
(07:22:10 PM) Harmonia: Oh my!
(07:22:13 PM) Harmonia is now known as Acadia
(07:24:11 PM) D_M: Acadia, you search the fires, and find no sign of those you seek. Here is a camp of desert nomads. There, a single lonesome individual and his camel and tent. Another group of nomads, so deep in the canyons that you are sure they have no idea they are within a day's travel of one another. A caravan of traders with wagons fitted for the sands, but they're headed in the wrong direction.
(07:24:36 PM) D_M: It is a sea full of lonely ships, each isolated by the maze like nature of the geography.
(07:25:09 PM) D_M: Eventually, it gets too cold to continue, and you must settle down for the night, having checked out only a couple of the lights you could see from on high. You will have to begin again after the sun has risen.
(07:25:50 PM) D_M: Magnus, the traders keep somewhat separate from you. They are happy to have you with them, but not really among them. How do you pass the evening until sleepy time?
(07:26:20 PM) ***Acadia settles down for the evening, feeling a bit irritated at all these dumb people who are impeding my search.
(07:26:57 PM) Vargas: "Serribon, are you okay?"
(07:26:59 PM) D_M: Ibram, Vargas, Serribon, and Miriam, you have found a cozy little crevasse in which to make your own rest. Vargas reads by the light of his everburning stone. The rest of you?
(07:27:13 PM) Serribon: "Yes. Should I not be?"
(07:27:15 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *eats*
(07:27:56 PM) Vargas: "Maybe? I would feel depressed, or something, to have visited my future homeland and found nothing but mostly empty ruins."
(07:28:07 PM) ***_Magnus sets up his bedroll and camp, then spends some time quietly singing as it calms his animal. After a while he seems to go silent, almost asleep, except he is sitting up looking at his fire.
(07:28:52 PM) Serribon: "This is not my homeland. I lived here but briefly."
(07:29:19 PM) Vargas: "No, not this place."
(07:29:25 PM) Vargas: "The jungles."
(07:29:49 PM) Vargas: "We came and went, but you never seemed to have much to say."
(07:30:25 PM) Serribon: "Oh." He shrugs, "All things pass away. And it was never truly my home, either. I'm not even completely sure which sarai that was."
(07:31:08 PM) Vargas: "Is there anyplace you would consider home then?"
(07:32:17 PM) Serribon: "Home is wherever I place my feet. The vagaries of geography are immaterial."
(07:32:18 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *sticks a loaf of bread into the fire as they talk, trying to toast it*
(07:32:35 PM) D_M: The loaf bursts into flame.
(07:32:52 PM) D_M: The evening passes into deep night, and you all sleep.
(07:33:41 PM) D_M: Acadia wakes with the sun, for her high perch catches the first rays of dawn.
(07:34:20 PM) Serribon: (something with a keen sense of smell could probably track down the scent of charcoaled bread)
(07:34:23 PM) D_M: The rest of you come to life later, for the canyons are dim with shadow until the sun is high.
(07:34:54 PM) D_M: Acadia flaps up into the sky to resume her search. An hour or two later, our heroes awaken.
(07:35:12 PM) D_M: About the same time, Magnus, you awaken with your caravan and resume your journey.
(07:35:19 PM) Acadia: (I've been using bird form for speed and visibility)
(07:35:31 PM) Vargas: "What about you, Miriam?"
(07:35:44 PM) ***Vargas asks the same question about home.
(07:35:45 PM) D_M: "What about me?" asks Miriam as she packs up her bedrool.
(07:35:48 PM) D_M: roll.
(07:36:02 PM) D_M: "Oh. Hmmm..." she says.
(07:36:51 PM) Serribon: (what's today's shade?)
(07:36:51 PM) Acadia: (bedrool = the drool that collects on one's pillow after an especially restful sleep)
(07:36:59 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d41
(07:36:59 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 34
(07:37:31 PM) D_M: A very pale lavender.
(07:37:52 PM) D_M: (heh. Bed drool.)
(07:38:15 PM) D_M: Anyway, Magnus, your caravan rolls out. Meanwhile, Vargas, it's time to get your bearings.
(07:38:27 PM) ***Vargas casts Overland Flight, and takes to the sky.
(07:38:47 PM) D_M: Magnus, roll GUPC.
(07:38:49 PM) ***Vargas goes aloft with one hand on his fantastic hat.
(07:39:26 PM) Lathi [~androirc@r75-110-123-103.rmntcmtc02.rcmtnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net] entered the room.
(07:39:46 PM) ***_Magnus secures his belongings and kicks sand over his old fire before walking along with the caravan, his mule in tow.
(07:40:23 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *is just annoyed he torched his bread*
(07:40:36 PM) D_M: Nacht, have you prepared spells for the day? If not, we need to sort that out right quick.
(07:40:52 PM) _Magnus: See IM
(07:43:15 PM) D_M: Ok, Magnus, GUPC.
(07:43:52 PM) _Magnus: What is GUPC? sorry for my lack of knowledge
(07:43:56 PM) Vargas: (perception)
(07:44:10 PM) Vargas: (generic universal perception check)
(07:44:30 PM) Lathi: (Grand unified... ok, that)
(07:44:39 PM) _Magnus: (plus intelligence mod?)
(07:44:39 PM) D_M: (Grand unified is correct.)
(07:44:42 PM) D_M: WIS.
(07:44:58 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(07:44:58 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 14:9+5
(07:45:01 PM) D_M: 1d20+WIS+Perc+misc
(07:46:38 PM) D_M: Magnus, you notice that the animals are getting skittish. Come to think of it, the other travellers are getting skittish as well.
(07:47:36 PM) ***_Magnus draws near a traveler and questions what is wrong.
(07:48:38 PM) D_M: "Not sure," says one of them. "The stories are true!" says another. "It's them! Surely." "Quiet, Mika," rebuts the first. "These are just wild legends of the nomads, meant to keep foreigners at bay."
(07:50:02 PM) ***_Magnus looks ahead, "What are the legends?"
(07:51:16 PM) D_M: The one man growls. The younger one says, "Sand worms."
(07:51:25 PM) D_M: Just about then, a sand worm attacks.
(07:51:31 PM) Serribon: (bugger. graboids)
(07:52:06 PM) _Magnus: (Walk without rhythm)
(07:52:25 PM) Vargas: (White boys ain't got no rhythm. Ibby and V got this)
(07:52:35 PM) Vargas: (*high five with ibbster*)
(07:53:07 PM) D_M: Magnus, off to your right, something enormous, something that could swallow a child or small dog whole, erupts from the earth in a fountain of sand and wraps its mandibles around the hindparts of a camel. The girl riding the camel screams. The camel screams. The girl goes flying as the camel stumbles under the weight of the thing that has taken hold of it.
(07:53:09 PM) Serribon: (Serri is almost Indian - so he doesn't have rhythm in groups of less than 40)
(07:53:10 PM) ***_Magnus proposes drawing nearer to the stones of the canyon walls. Safety in their stability and all.
(07:53:58 PM) Lathi left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 190 seconds).
(07:54:22 PM) Marauder_shields: (But then he dances)
(07:55:04 PM) Serribon: (http://spud.wetfish.net/b/the-joke.jpg)
(07:55:05 PM) D_M: Hah!
(07:55:13 PM) D_M: Anyway, INITS! From all parties!
(07:55:30 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
(07:55:30 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (init): 9:8+1
(07:55:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20_7 (init)
(07:55:44 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(07:55:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 18:11+7
(07:55:45 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20 (init)
(07:55:46 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia, (init): 20
(07:56:02 PM) Acadia: haha
(07:56:09 PM) Vargas: (hehe)
(07:56:22 PM) Vargas: (Bollywood dance with PCs and a sandworm attack)
(07:57:14 PM) D_M: INIT = DEX unless you have some other init modifier, btw.
(07:57:21 PM) ***_Magnus draws back with his left arm and brings his heavy shield around from under his cloak, relieving him of his old man's hunch. He jabs his quarterstaff into the sand and draws forth the large heavy mace. "Caravan!" he orders, "Move towards the rocks."
(07:57:41 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20
(07:57:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 15
(07:59:01 PM) D_M: Acadia, GUPC.
(07:59:12 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:59:12 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 26:12+14
(07:59:13 PM) D_M: Serrinon and Ibram continue to pack their belongings.
(07:59:41 PM) D_M: Vargas, you are flying up, and up, trying to get up out of the canyon so you can get your bearings and divine a path for your group.
(07:59:54 PM) ***Vargas does his Iron Man thing.
(08:00:17 PM) ***Vargas .oO(Flying is so much fun.)
(08:00:36 PM) D_M: Acadia, one you're up in the air, you review the area in your immediate vicinity. You know there were a couple of camp fires in this area last night that you didn't get to examine.
(08:02:03 PM) D_M: As you swoop over the area, you see a couple of interesting things at once.
(08:02:31 PM) D_M: First, that caravan you saw last night has already moved out, but they seem to have run into a problem. One of their camels is being attacked by a hideous monster.
(08:02:43 PM) Acadia: Huh.
(08:03:05 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, a couple of miles away, you see a small speck of a... person... rising out of a canyon. A closer look reveals that the person is wearing a tall, pointy wizard hat.
(08:03:34 PM) Acadia: Ahah!
(08:04:11 PM) D_M: Magnus, your turn. You draw your weapon and fix your shield, while shouting a command to the caravaners. You also can move up to your speed this round, if you wish to make a movement.
(08:04:27 PM) D_M: Acadia, what do you do, having seen this?
(08:04:50 PM) Acadia: Keeping the hideous monster in mind, I fly first to the flying person. If/when I verify his identity, I will get his attention.
(08:05:20 PM) D_M: You flap that way with great speed. GUPC, Vargas.
(08:05:24 PM) ***_Magnus moves towards the worm to deal with this situation as he urges the others to secure themselves near the solid rock.
(08:05:29 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(08:05:29 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (perc): 37:20+17
(08:05:35 PM) Vargas: (wooo!)
(08:07:15 PM) D_M: Vargas, you ace the spot check. You come up to the height of the original bedrock of this land, and the plateaus and mesas spread out before you. You continue your climb into the bright sunlight, surveying the enormous cracks in the landscape and plotting your path. A left, a right, skip the next turn, a left...
(08:07:37 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "So, uh,hungry?"
(08:08:09 PM) Serribon: "Not really, no. Help yourself" He digs out his ioun stone and sets it spinning around his head.
(08:08:14 PM) D_M: The desert atop the mesas is largely devoid of life. Even bird are rare here in this waterless land. You can make out only a couple in the immediate vicinity. There's a vulture or eagle circling off to the north, and another flapping in your direction from a little south.
(08:09:00 PM) D_M: That's odd. The one south of you is maybe a mile or two away, so it's little more than a speck, but you could swear it has a bag or something similar dangling from its talons. You wonder if it maybe got tangled in something and was never able to get free.
(08:09:32 PM) D_M: The crew on the ground continues to pack.
(08:09:51 PM) ***Vargas .oO(Huh, that's weird.) He shrugs, and continues to survey. He pulls out his spyglass.
(08:09:58 PM) D_M: Magnus, your turn. You have space for a charge attack, if you want to gain a couple of points on your attavk in exchange for a couple of points off your AV.
(08:10:01 PM) D_M: AC, rather.
(08:10:25 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Pff, boring."
(08:10:36 PM) _Magnus: Sure. I'll do that.
(08:10:46 PM) Serribon: "Maybe. But one of us won't be dying of thirst."
(08:11:26 PM) ***_Magnus charges into the fray of the worm, Shield in front for defense and the mace raises for a blow.
(08:11:44 PM) D_M: Roll your attack.
(08:11:49 PM) Serribon: (http://tinyurl.com/77tcbgs)
(08:12:57 PM) Vargas: (Those are super impressive)
(08:13:40 PM) D_M: (But... what's the point of a painting that's indistinguishable from a photograph?)
(08:14:58 PM) Serribon: (an expression of supreme skill)
(08:15:14 PM) Vargas: (A phantasmagraph)
(08:15:32 PM) D_M: (Supreme skill at doing the exact thing a machine can do, only much more slowly and less efficiently.)
(08:15:39 PM) Vargas: (hurry Nacho!)
(08:15:44 PM) Vargas: (Roll that attack!)
(08:16:06 PM) Vargas: (1d20+BAB+Str+weapon bonus+2 from charge)
(08:16:55 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+2+2
(08:16:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 22:9+6+3+2+2
(08:17:05 PM) Acadia: (what is the size of a sandworm?)
(08:17:12 PM) D_M: Hit! Roll damage!
(08:17:19 PM) D_M: It is Large.
(08:17:59 PM) Serribon: (if you're going to take it that way, why bother to do anything, when a machine designed to do the same thing can do it better/faster/more efficiently?)
(08:18:28 PM) Serribon: (a servo-mount and targetting computer is more of a marksman than you'll ever be)
(08:19:04 PM) Marauder_shields: (It is kind of awesome to be able to be THAT good)
(08:19:13 PM) Marauder_shields: (Damn gun servitors!)
(08:19:14 PM) D_M: Actually, you still hit, bit I got your attack roll wrong. it's +1, because you went with the chill effect.
(08:20:43 PM) D_M: (Bear with the delay, kids. Training new player.)
(08:20:55 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(08:20:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 8:3+3+1+1
(08:20:59 PM) D_M: ('s why I'm running tonight. :-) )
(08:21:17 PM) _Magnus: (hold a sec)
(08:21:34 PM) Serribon: (we're fine)
(08:21:36 PM) Acadia: (Oh good! I have company!)
(08:22:05 PM) _Magnus: (well yeah..that's right. last number is cold damage)
(08:22:34 PM) D_M: The damage dice grant Magnus a moderate blow against the worm. Its leathery hide gives way under the mace and takes a dent that seeps ichor.
(08:22:53 PM) D_M: Vargas, go!
(08:23:13 PM) Vargas: (All I've seen is a bird with a bag, right?)
(08:23:20 PM) D_M: Yup, and it's over a mile away.
(08:23:48 PM) ***Vargas goes over the route again with his spyglass. He's got time.
(08:24:38 PM) D_M: You scope out the route. Yup. L, R, straight, L, it bends to the right so L again, and by then it should be time to camp. Acadia, you keep bearing down on Vargas at top speed? You're pretty sure it's him.
(08:25:14 PM) Acadia: Yup. Top speed. Make sure, of course, not to drop my Petite.
(08:25:25 PM) Serribon: (heh. scene: dramatic music as the half-orc priest fights a giant worm. quick cut: pointy-hatted wizard hovers lazily, looking about with a telescope. No music, just the sound of the wind. Cut back to the battle: another hit. Cut to Ibram and Serri packing up. Bouncy elevator music plays)
(08:25:55 PM) D_M: Exactly, Serribon.
(08:26:07 PM) D_M: Vargas, that bird is... it"s coming right at you.
(08:26:15 PM) Marauder_shields: (Lol to the limit http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1339368955579.png)
(08:26:44 PM) ***Vargas hmms, and looks at the bird through his spyglass. Just in case it is a Roc carrying a wagon. Just in case.
(08:27:05 PM) D_M: Magnus, you are adjacent to the monster. It has latched onto the camel and is trying to drag the poor animal to the ground for killing, so it mostly ignores you for the moment, digging harder into the flesh of its prey.
(08:27:13 PM) D_M: Magnus, you may now make a full attack.
(08:27:42 PM) Vargas: (hahah)
(08:28:12 PM) D_M: Now, I got your attack bonus wrong before. It's actually +6+3+1
(08:28:37 PM) D_M: So d20 plus that.
(08:28:57 PM) D_M: Roll that, right quick.
(08:28:59 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20++6+3+1
(08:28:59 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 11:1+6+3+1
(08:29:08 PM) _Magnus: (boooo)
(08:29:14 PM) D_M: Automiss, because you rolled a nat 1
(08:29:28 PM) D_M: However, because you're spending the whole round attacking, you make a second attack at the same bonus, -5
(08:29:55 PM) _Magnus: 11:1+6+3+1-5
(08:30:02 PM) _Magnus: oops
(08:30:18 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1-5
(08:30:18 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 11:6+6+3+1-5
(08:30:35 PM) D_M: Both glancing blows. You are unable to do any significant damage.
(08:31:37 PM) D_M: Anyway, no joy, Magnus. Meanwhile, Vargas?
(08:32:02 PM) ***Vargas watches the bird now, out of curiosity. He hovers.
(08:32:18 PM) D_M: Acadia?
(08:33:41 PM) D_M: Your action.
(08:33:44 PM) Acadia: Makes her way toward Vargas, throwing a squak or two out there when she realizes he's looking toward her.
(08:35:08 PM) Lathi [~androirc@r75-110-123-103.rmntcmtc02.rcmtnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net] entered the room.
(08:35:15 PM) Vargas: "Huh, wait a minute. Could that be Acadia? I didn't think she would come back. What a pleasant surprise. Things are looking up."
(08:36:02 PM) D_M: Magnus, try again.
(08:36:12 PM) D_M: Either make a full attack against the beast, or cast a spell.
(08:36:29 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1
(08:36:29 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 13:3+6+3+1
(08:36:44 PM) D_M: Magnus, what you need to practice is rolling dice.
(08:36:50 PM) D_M: second attack, at -5
(08:37:06 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1-5
(08:37:06 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 10:5+6+3+1-5
(08:37:15 PM) D_M: Nope. My goodness!
(08:38:13 PM) D_M: Vargas?
(08:38:50 PM) ***Vargas will wait for the bird that might be Acadia. He knows the guys below won't hear him from here.
(08:40:09 PM) D_M: Acadia, your turn.
(08:42:30 PM) Acadia: (one moment please, checking something)
(08:43:03 PM) D_M: Magnus, feel free to go while she checks something.
(08:44:02 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+2 (k. Nature to determine if worm is vermin)
(08:44:02 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus, (k. Nature to determine if worm is vermin): 11:9+2
(08:45:00 PM) D_M: It is not any kind of vermin you've ever heard of.
(08:45:25 PM) _Magnus: Does it still have the camel or have I distracted it enough?
(08:46:02 PM) D_M: It's still crushing the camel.
(08:46:24 PM) _Magnus: Full attack again..maybe better luck this time.
(08:46:47 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1
(08:46:47 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 14:4+6+3+1
(08:46:51 PM) D_M: ...
(08:46:53 PM) Marauder_shields: (Magnus has the worst rolls)
(08:47:00 PM) D_M: Try again at -5
(08:47:05 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1-5
(08:47:05 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 22:17+6+3+1-5
(08:47:18 PM) D_M: A hitz,
(08:47:19 PM) D_M: a,
(08:47:21 PM) D_M: !
(08:47:33 PM) D_M: Roll damage.
(08:47:49 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(08:47:49 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 14:6+3+1+4
(08:47:52 PM) D_M: Acadia, what did you come up with?
(08:47:58 PM) ***Acadia flaps up to Vargas with Petite in tow. Upon reaching him, she turns and spits out a swarm of bats and sends them off in the direction of the worm, and then looks meaningfully at the wizard.
(08:49:00 PM) ***Vargas blinks. The swarm of bats really throw him for a loop. "Huh? What's up with the bats?"
(08:49:23 PM) D_M: Magnus delivers a sound blow to the worm. This one creates another deep crater in its leathery carapace, and the mace comes up trailing beads of ichor. GUPC, Magnus
(08:49:56 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20
(08:49:56 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 6
(08:50:17 PM) D_M: We may have a retcon. Stand by.
(08:50:31 PM) D_M: Both of our newbies are primary spellcasters, so stand by for a sec.
(08:50:35 PM) _Magnus: +5 wisdom so 11
(08:50:37 PM) Lathi left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 380 seconds).
(08:50:58 PM) Acadia: (RETCON) Rather than the swarm, Acadia will steal Vargas' hat and tease him to follow.
(08:51:06 PM) D_M: A good hit, is all, Magnus. Keep doing that to it. It starts to loosen its grasp on the camel.
(08:51:37 PM) D_M: Hold that thought, Acadia.
(08:51:44 PM) Acadia: (holding)
(08:52:23 PM) D_M: Magnus, the thing is about to turn on you. The rest of the caravan is racing toward the rocks at the base of one of the cliffs.
(08:53:22 PM) D_M: Magnus, your go.
(08:56:05 PM) D_M: Magnus?
(08:56:14 PM) ***_Magnus steps back as the beast turns oh him and motions his mace to the creature letting lose a column of fire upon it.
(08:56:29 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flame-strike
(08:56:46 PM) Vargas: (spell linking, that's ma boy!)
(08:56:53 PM) D_M: Good link! I second Vargas.
(08:57:04 PM) D_M: Roll damage. For you, that owuld be 9d6
(08:57:08 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> I cast fist
(08:57:16 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 9d6
(08:57:17 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 35
(08:57:25 PM) Serribon: (a touch-only spell. Typical)
(08:57:32 PM) Marauder_shields: (http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/src/130654916571.jpg The only spell ibram knows)
(08:58:03 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7 (monster REF save
(08:58:04 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, (monster REF save: 17:10+7
(08:58:05 PM) Vargas: (hehehe)
(08:58:36 PM) D_M: What's your DC, Magnus? 10+5+WIS
(08:59:11 PM) _Magnus: 10+5+WIS would be 20
(08:59:44 PM) D_M: It fails and takes full damage! Vargas, GUPC.
(08:59:54 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(08:59:54 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 21:4+17
(09:00:06 PM) D_M: Spellcraft.
(09:00:18 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+20
(09:00:18 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 23:3+20
(09:01:10 PM) D_M: Would you all stop that, please? Roll better!
(09:01:21 PM) Vargas: (The dice are enjoying this appearantly)
(09:03:12 PM) D_M: Ok, so the bird is still more than half a mile from Vargas at this point, though it's got a good head of steam on. He can hear it squawking in the distance. As he watches it approach and muses that it might be Acadia, he sees something else, beyond and below it to the south: A brief, almost subliminal flash of light in a narrow column, like a perfectly smooth, vertical lightning bolt but not nearly as bright. He almost misses it, b
(09:03:37 PM) Vargas: (cut off at almost misses it)
(09:04:12 PM) D_M: . He almost misses it, but it leaves behind a thin whispy column of white smoke that immediately blows away on the wind.
(09:04:28 PM) D_M: He can't see where it lands. Somewhere down in the bottom of a canyon that way.
(09:04:46 PM) Vargas: "Uh oh. That's not lightning. Smells like trouble."
(09:04:47 PM) D_M: That was definitely magic, Vargas. the bird continues to bear down on you. Vargas, your go.
(09:04:55 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Mhhh. That was a nice color of hair Miriam had today."
(09:05:25 PM) Serribon: "Eh. It looks more fake than usual."
(09:05:31 PM) ***Vargas waves at the bird, and then dives down at the speed of gravity. He will use the power of his ring to slow his fall at the end.
(09:05:43 PM) D_M: Down where, Vargas?
(09:05:53 PM) Vargas: (The canyon where my buddies are)
(09:05:57 PM) D_M: Ok.
(09:06:15 PM) ***Acadia is irritated, but continues on.
(09:06:22 PM) Acadia: *after Vargas
(09:06:33 PM) D_M: Vargas dives for the deck. Acadia, before you can reach Vargas, he gives you a wave and dives for the deck. You can see the rest of the crew down there at the bottom of the canyon. It's definitely them.
(09:06:42 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Why do you figure? I think magic makes it look nice, and no issues of root difference."
(09:07:26 PM) Serribon: "But nobody has pale lavender hair."
(09:07:31 PM) D_M: Magnus, you give that worm something to think about--and cook the remainder of that camel to medium rare in the process. The monster makes no sound except the squicky scraping noises as it backs itself into its own burrow and out of sight.
(09:07:35 PM) ***Vargas appears with a floaty descent. "News everybody. I think Acadia is coming, and I think there might be magical fight in another canyon near here."
(09:07:49 PM) Serribon: "Oh, finally."
(09:08:08 PM) D_M: Magnus, your action? The other caravaners have almost reached the boulders.
(09:08:18 PM) Vargas: "I think I can get us their quickly, but we'll have to leave the horses."
(09:08:19 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Can you magic us up some horses?"
(09:08:28 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Or whatever, that works."
(09:08:47 PM) D_M: "Wait a minute, if there is trouble, someone needs to stay with our stuff!" says Miriam.
(09:09:02 PM) Vargas: "Any volunteers?"
(09:09:13 PM) D_M: "I'll stay," says Miriam quickly.
(09:09:23 PM) ***Serribon shrugs, "If you say so."
(09:09:38 PM) Vargas: (waiting til next turn for followup action)
(09:09:48 PM) ***_Magnus motions for the girl that fell from the camel to move towards the boulders with the rest of the caravan, "Go. Now." The robed man begins to back up as well.
(09:10:43 PM) D_M: No sign of further worm activity. The girl is already up and running, Magnus. You begin to back away from the camel carcass and the sand depression where the monster disappeared.
(09:10:52 PM) D_M: No activity. Do you make a break for the rocks?
(09:11:39 PM) _Magnus: Yes. Taking his mule with him.
(09:12:02 PM) D_M: Hah! Magnus goes back for his mule. Roll Handle Animal, or just CHA if you don,t have that skill, Magnus.
(09:12:28 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20
(09:12:28 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 17
(09:12:45 PM) D_M: Holding round time for a moment. Acadia, you fold your wings and use terminal velocity to get you down to Vargas and the others in a hurry.
(09:13:02 PM) D_M: Team, Acadia arrives and flares just a few yards overhead.
(09:13:14 PM) D_M: She is carrying a satchel which turns out to contain a fluffy bunny.
(09:13:24 PM) D_M: Magnus, add your CHA mod.
(09:13:38 PM) Vargas: (awwww)
(09:13:42 PM) _Magnus: no mod
(09:13:47 PM) D_M: Roger.
(09:14:46 PM) D_M: Magnus, you and he have an understanding: he obeys, or you hit him repeatedly with your quarterstaff until he obeys. You heft the stick, and he obeys.
(09:15:11 PM) D_M: Rolling his eyes and wheezing and making ugly noises, he shuffles and starts toward the rocks.
(09:15:44 PM) D_M: Our Heroes, what are you all up to?
(09:16:13 PM) Serribon: "Hello Acadia. What brings you back?"
(09:16:28 PM) D_M: She is a bird.
(09:16:40 PM) Vargas: "Hello, Acadia. Come on guys, let me get you to the top of the canyon. Then I'll teleport you by sight to the canyon edge where I saw the magic."
(09:16:46 PM) Serribon: Oh. I thought she turned back when she arrived.
(09:16:47 PM) ***Acadia takes regular form. Ignoring the question, she says, "There's a big worm thing eating a camel" and points in the general direction.
(09:16:57 PM) ***Vargas gives the hold on to me signal.
(09:17:18 PM) D_M: Acadia, you've never seen this signal, but for some reason, the men are all suddenly holding hands.
(09:17:19 PM) ***Serribon grabs some sleeve.
(09:17:26 PM) Vargas: (dim door us out of the canyon. Then teleport using direct sight to proximity of the trouble)
(09:17:32 PM) D_M: Roger.
(09:17:42 PM) Vargas: "Grab on Acadia."
(09:17:46 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *grab* "Do it."
(09:18:02 PM) D_M: Magnus, you are just about to the edge of the rocks, climbing among the first of them, when you suddenly make a GUPC.
(09:18:11 PM) ***Acadia looks confusedly, but grabs ahold. With her fluffy Petite satchel.
(09:18:41 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(09:18:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 10:5+5
(09:19:11 PM) ***Vargas says, "Azakadahm." (dim door)
(09:19:24 PM) D_M: This terrain is rough, Magnus. Moving here will cut your speed in half as you start to climb into the rocks. If only you could just teleport up there--
(09:20:44 PM) D_M: Acadia, this is the strangest experience you've ever had in under half a second: Suddenly, the distance between you and the top of the cliffs seems to stretch into a tiny knot around you, and then SNAP! It compresses back to its original length, and you are blinded by the bright sun as you find yourself standing on the edge of the cliff... at the top!
(09:20:49 PM) ***_Magnus glances back at the sand while he and the caravan head into the rocks. He keeps his mace ready.
(09:21:16 PM) ***Acadia blinks.
(09:21:30 PM) D_M: Magnus, just as you turn back, the sand surges behind you, and a massive worm, as big as the other one, comes lurching toward you like a killer whale beaching itself after seals.
(09:21:30 PM) Vargas: "Don't let go yet. Bigger jump coming up."
(09:21:52 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+13 (bite at Magnus)
(09:21:53 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, (bite at Magnus): 15:2+13
(09:22:09 PM) _Magnus: 25 AC
(09:22:09 PM) D_M: Its jaws clamp shut just inches shy of you as its bulk comes to rest on the rocks.
(09:22:25 PM) D_M: Magnus, your go!
(09:22:33 PM) D_M: Vargas, do it.
(09:23:02 PM) ***_Magnus brings his mace down onto the worm.
(09:23:14 PM) D_M: Magnus, you have a full action. You can either retreat, or you can attack and then retreat half as far, or you can spend the whole round smashing for two smashes.
(09:23:20 PM) D_M: But roll that attack.
(09:23:24 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1
(09:23:24 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 23:13+6+3+1
(09:23:26 PM) ***Vargas speaks the words of power, calling on the cosmos to bend space and time. He gazes in the direction he saw the flash. Teleport.
(09:23:28 PM) D_M: Hit!
(09:23:32 PM) D_M: Roll damage!
(09:23:44 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(09:23:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 11:1+3+1+6
(09:23:46 PM) D_M: Acadia, this time the entire
(09:24:05 PM) _Magnus: second attack
(09:24:17 PM) _Magnus: same roll as the first?
(09:25:18 PM) D_M: Second attacak is at -5
(09:25:33 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1-5
(09:25:33 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 8:3+6+3+1-5
(09:25:35 PM) D_M: You deliver a strong smack to its forehead-mandible, and bring the hammer down again.
(09:25:42 PM) D_M: But this one is a miss as it flinches away.
(09:25:47 PM) D_M: UNIVERSE seems to contract around you, and your mind is blown as you are suddenly nowhere, except that you are definitely right next to somebody else, and that person is seemingly everywhere. SNAP! The world explodes back to its original size, and you are standing on a cliff's edge again, but it's a different cliff!
(09:26:04 PM) D_M: This time the whole UNIVERSE seems to contract around you, and your mind is blown as you are suddenly nowhere, except that you are definitely right next to somebody else, and that person is seemingly everywhere. SNAP! The world explodes back to its original size, and you are standing on a cliff's edge again, but it's a different cliff!
(09:26:37 PM) ***Acadia feels a little nauseous
(09:26:40 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, Serribon, be ready for a featherfall combat drop."
(09:26:51 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Good times."
(09:27:02 PM) D_M: Magnus, the monster surges again, snapping at you.
(09:27:14 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:27:14 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 14:3+11
(09:27:26 PM) D_M: Again it misses as you scramble back over the rocks! Go, Magnis!
(09:27:30 PM) D_M: Magnus, rather.
(09:27:38 PM) Serribon: "Right." He gets out his halberd to make the best of it.
(09:27:51 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *draws his sword*
(09:28:09 PM) ***_Magnus delivers another blow towards it. Determined to work this beast over.
(09:28:22 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1
(09:28:22 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 20:10+6+3+1
(09:28:23 PM) D_M: Let him have it. Consider rolling both attacks.
(09:28:26 PM) D_M: Hit.
(09:28:38 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6+3+1-5
(09:28:38 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 10:5+6+3+1-5
(09:28:46 PM) D_M: Just the one hit.
(09:28:52 PM) D_M: Roll damage.
(09:29:17 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(09:29:17 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 14:6+3+1+4
(09:29:59 PM) D_M: Another good hit. GUPC, Magnus.
(09:30:08 PM) D_M: Vargas, your team's move.
(09:30:15 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(09:30:15 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 13:8+5
(09:30:23 PM) ***Vargas looks for trouble.
(09:30:29 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(09:30:29 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (perc): 20:3+17
(09:30:45 PM) D_M: Vargas, you can see the caravan below, and camels, but no people...
(09:30:49 PM) D_M: GUPCs, rest of tem.
(09:30:50 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
(09:30:50 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon, (perc): 33:14+19
(09:30:51 PM) D_M: team.
(09:30:53 PM) D_M: There we go.
(09:30:59 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Tell me when to drop, I'm getting excited."
(09:31:03 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+1
(09:31:03 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 15:14+1
(09:31:05 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:31:05 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 22:8+14
(09:31:12 PM) D_M: Serribon spots them, on the other side of the canyon, amidst the boulders and rubble at the base of the cliffs there.
(09:31:24 PM) Vargas: (how far away would that be?)
(09:31:50 PM) Serribon: "There are people huddled in the rocks at the base of the cliff."
(09:31:57 PM) Serribon: (is the worm visible?)
(09:32:35 PM) D_M: He indicates. It looks like about a thousand feet, slant range. You can see several humanoids climbing up into the rocks, and one at the bottom, at the edge of the sand, fighting some sort of sandy-colored blobish shape.
(09:33:18 PM) Vargas: (how far woudl it be after we drop to the bottom?)
(09:34:15 PM) D_M: About six hundred feet.
(09:34:58 PM) Vargas: (how far can you guys get with a hasted run?)
(09:35:10 PM) D_M: 60*4
(09:35:15 PM) Vargas: (60 x 4 = 240, so 2-3 rounds running time?)
(09:35:20 PM) D_M: Two runs puts them within charge range.
(09:35:36 PM) D_M: Er, mo.
(09:35:39 PM) D_M: Three runs.
(09:36:15 PM) D_M: Make a decision.
(09:36:26 PM) Vargas: (featherfall, haste, run)
(09:36:40 PM) D_M: Roger.
(09:36:55 PM) D_M: Make it so.
(09:37:17 PM) D_M: Magnus, the monster makes another snap at you.
(09:37:21 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:37:21 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 19:8+11
(09:37:34 PM) D_M: And then a second worm explodes from the sand at you, as well!
(09:37:40 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+13
(09:37:40 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 18:5+13
(09:37:41 PM) ***Vargas walks his team over the edge of the cliff and they fall! Woooooosh. "Faenad." They are seemingly caught by pillows, and drift the last 20 feet.
(09:37:57 PM) D_M: Both of them miss, because apparently all the two digit numbers got scraped off tonight.
(09:38:09 PM) Serribon: (heh)
(09:38:59 PM) D_M: Acadia, this team is comprised entirely of madmen. They all take a running leap off the edge and free fall down the cliff.
(09:39:21 PM) D_M: As they pick up speed, they use that to skydive away from the wall, toward the sands.
(09:39:39 PM) D_M: The wind roars, and you can wait to see what happens at the bottom, or you can take bird form during the fqll.
(09:39:41 PM) D_M: fll.
(09:39:43 PM) D_M: fall.
(09:39:56 PM) Vargas: (All we need is a drop pod)
(09:40:34 PM) Acadia: Incidentally, Acadia has a ring of featherfall from some or other of her previous adventures.
(09:40:35 PM) D_M: Whoever's still with Vargas at the bottom is subject to a sudden featherfall, and touches down with a tuck and roll as if dropping from no more than six feet or so.
(09:40:47 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Let's GET '
(09:40:50 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Let's GET 'em!"
(09:40:59 PM) D_M: Vargas fires the spell, Haste, and then the team begins to run.
(09:41:09 PM) D_M: Magnus, you now have two worms snapping at you. Go.
(09:41:16 PM) _Magnus: Do either of these worms look toasty?
(09:41:44 PM) ***Serribon hustles
(09:41:44 PM) D_M: No.
(09:42:13 PM) ***_Magnus brings the flanged mace down on the original attacker and then swings it up on the other.
(09:42:32 PM) D_M: Do it.
(09:42:33 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10
(09:42:33 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 30:20+10
(09:42:37 PM) D_M: Threat!
(09:42:43 PM) D_M: roll the same attack roll again.
(09:42:56 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10
(09:42:57 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 16:6+10
(09:43:13 PM) D_M: No, regular hit.
(09:43:19 PM) D_M: Roll damage.
(09:43:53 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(09:43:53 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 15:7+3+1+4
(09:44:08 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(09:44:08 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 21:16+5
(09:44:17 PM) _Magnus: (second worm)
(09:44:33 PM) D_M: The first monster is still attacking. Do you want to distribute your second hit to the second worm, or focus your output on the first?
(09:44:48 PM) _Magnus: heck, focus on the first
(09:44:55 PM) D_M: Roger.
(09:45:05 PM) D_M: Roll second damage, and then roll GUPc.
(09:45:16 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(09:45:17 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 14:6+3+1+4
(09:45:24 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(09:45:24 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 24:19+5
(09:45:43 PM) D_M: (We won't finish this battle tonight, guys, so don't sweat the clock. We'll just go until people are done tonight, and then we'll pause.)
(09:46:55 PM) D_M: Magnus, you notice a couple more swelling swirls in the sand at the base of the rocks. You also notice, across the sandy-floored canyon, a glint of polished metal. There are figures there, running toward you.
(09:47:11 PM) D_M: The team runs. Acadia, what are you doing
(09:47:12 PM) D_M: ?
(09:48:30 PM) D_M: Are you running in human form with the others, or what?
(09:48:49 PM) D_M: Magnus, the two monsters snap at you again.
(09:48:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:48:56 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 23:12+11
(09:49:01 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:49:01 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 13:2+11
(09:49:03 PM) Acadia: Feeling a little perturbed at all of this, especially the nausea, Acadia and Bunny Petite step off of the ledge and float on down. Once in range (760 ft) of the worms, she casts call lightning storm. In human form, not running especially.
(09:49:15 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/call-lightning
(09:49:25 PM) D_M: Wow. Seriously, dice.
(09:49:43 PM) D_M: Regular lightning, or lightning storm?
(09:50:20 PM) Acadia: Lightning storm. It's at the bottom. Her little tattoo is glowing, if anyone were around to notice it.
(09:50:38 PM) D_M: GUPC, Vargas and Serribon.
(09:50:44 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:50:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 29:12+17
(09:50:45 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:50:46 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 37:19+18
(09:51:11 PM) ***_Magnus glances out past the worms at the glint of metal as he readies to put the mace down again.
(09:51:33 PM) D_M: Vargas and Serribon, you notice. A peculiar light crackles through one of the gnome's numerous tattoos, and suddenly the air feels fuzzy with electric potential.
(09:51:45 PM) D_M: Acadia lags behind as she calls down the first bolt.
(09:52:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7 (spellcraft)
(09:52:00 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon, (spellcraft): 27:20+7
(09:52:23 PM) D_M: You recognize the spell as a persitent source of lightning bolts, Srrinon.
(09:52:25 PM) D_M: Serribon.
(09:52:29 PM) ***Vargas .oO(Oooh, cool.)
(09:52:34 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+20 (spellcraft)
(09:52:34 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (spellcraft): 24:4+20
(09:52:43 PM) D_M: Acadia, what's the DC on this spell?
(09:52:51 PM) D_M: 10+3+WIS
(09:53:08 PM) Vargas: (man, I rolling horrible on spellcraft today)
(09:53:08 PM) D_M: Correction, 10+5+WIS
(09:53:33 PM) D_M: Vargas, definitely a magic tattoo. Some kind of spell-completion device, right in her skin.
(09:53:35 PM) Acadia: 18
(09:53:47 PM) D_M: Roll damage on the first bolt, Acadia.
(09:53:52 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(09:53:52 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 8:1+7
(09:53:58 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(09:53:58 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 18
(09:55:00 PM) D_M: Magnus, as you fend off the chomping mandibles of these creatures with your shield and heft your mace, preparing to deliver another blow, you are suddenly blinded by a shocking white flash and immediately pounded by its thunderous report.
(09:55:14 PM) D_M: A lightning bolt has dropped out of the sky right onto...
(09:55:16 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d2
(09:55:17 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 1
(09:55:22 PM) D_M: The more wounded monster!
(09:55:27 PM) D_M: It recoils away from you!
(09:55:44 PM) D_M: The other monster writhes and snaps at you, Magnus.
(09:55:48 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:55:48 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 22:11+11
(09:56:07 PM) ***_Magnus shakes his head to clear his hearing and eyesight.
(09:56:16 PM) D_M: It bites at your shield. As it does, two more worms burst out of the sand, flopping onto the rocks near you, Magnus!
(09:56:36 PM) D_M: Warriors, wizard: you sprint, flying across the sands!
(09:56:43 PM) D_M: Magnus, your attacks.
(09:56:55 PM) D_M: Or spells.
(09:57:14 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10 (worm on my shield)
(09:57:14 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus, (worm on my shield): 28:18+10
(09:57:27 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(09:57:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 11:6+5
(09:57:40 PM) D_M: One hit.
(09:58:09 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(09:58:09 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 9:3+3+1+2
(09:59:12 PM) D_M: You pound on its head. The others close on you from the right and left.
(09:59:27 PM) D_M: Acadia, do you continue to drop lightning?
(09:59:49 PM) Acadia: Yes.
(10:00:44 PM) D_M: The worm you hit is writhing in the sand, just away from the rocks. You might be able to finish it off. But other worms are coming out of the sand at the man in the distance, and your bolt might be able to scare one of those away for a moment. Make a choice.
(10:01:05 PM) Acadia: Scare.
(10:01:17 PM) D_M: Roll damage.
(10:01:22 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:01:23 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 15:8+7
(10:01:25 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(10:01:25 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 19
(10:02:06 PM) D_M: Nice roll. Magnus, another lightning bolt goes off right next to you. You're having trouble hearing anything but the ringing in your ears, but that's ok, because these worms have no vocal sound. They just scrape and snap.
(10:02:16 PM) D_M: The warriors and wizard sprint. The gap narrows.
(10:02:25 PM) D_M: Magnus, you are flanked!
(10:02:31 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11 (first worm)
(10:02:32 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, (first worm): 16:5+11
(10:02:36 PM) ***Serribon is starting to lap the others.
(10:02:41 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:02:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 22:9+13
(10:02:47 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:02:47 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 15:2+13
(10:03:03 PM) D_M: But none of them can hit! They just... worm at you and snap their jaws.
(10:03:45 PM) D_M: Serribon starts to develop lift. Acadia lags behind, dropping lightning bolts.
(10:04:20 PM) D_M: magnus, three on you, but one is backing off after being hit by the lightning bolt, leaving two. One of them is wounded.
(10:04:53 PM) D_M: Magnus's turn.
(10:05:21 PM) _Magnus: the wounded one is backing off?
(10:05:31 PM) Vargas: (on my next turn, let me know what the targets look like fireball wise. They will be well in fireball range)
(10:06:08 PM) D_M: The one to your left is recoiling after being struck by lightning. The one to your right is untouched. The one in front of you has been pounded by you a couple of times. The first one to get struck by lightning is about to return to the fight.
(10:06:19 PM) D_M: Acadia, the first worm you hit is coming back into the fight against the besieged figure.
(10:06:25 PM) D_M: There are four worms total.
(10:06:59 PM) D_M: Magnus and Acadia, go.
(10:06:59 PM) ***_Magnus lays into the one in front of him.
(10:07:06 PM) D_M: Do it!
(10:07:18 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:07:18 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 13:3+10
(10:07:24 PM) D_M: Miss.
(10:07:28 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:07:29 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 13:8+5
(10:07:29 PM) Acadia: I'll bolt the one that's returning.
(10:07:32 PM) D_M: Acadia, roll yours.
(10:07:35 PM) D_M: Miss, Magnus.
(10:07:44 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(10:07:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 20
(10:07:54 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:07:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 19:12+7
(10:08:27 PM) D_M: Another bolt cracks, and the heavily wounded worm curls into a spiral for a moment before thrashing wildly. Serribon, GUPC.
(10:08:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(10:08:37 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 25:7+18
(10:08:43 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(10:08:43 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 9
(10:09:24 PM) D_M: You have a shiver in your hackles and leap into a forward somersault as a scorched worm explodes out of the sand and bites at the place whe you just were.
(10:09:48 PM) Serribon: AoO?
(10:10:14 PM) D_M: No, it comes up right under your feet, so all you get is your AC against its nite.
(10:10:16 PM) D_M: bite.
(10:10:20 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(10:10:20 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 21:10+11
(10:10:26 PM) D_M: It misses as you roll away.
(10:10:38 PM) Serribon: roger
(10:10:55 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, thirty feet in front of you, a worm appears as it attacks Serribon.
(10:11:06 PM) D_M: It looks already quite scorched and wounded.
(10:11:16 PM) D_M: Magnus, roll attacks.
(10:11:31 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *will barrel into that worm bodily*
(10:11:42 PM) ***Vargas takes off into the air at a 45 degree angle with his hasted fly speed. He says, "Going for the caravan!"
(10:11:58 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "We'll take care of these bastards!"
(10:12:12 PM) ***Vargas will do just a move action that turn, and either fireball or black tentacles the worms going for Magnus depending on how they are spread out.
(10:12:23 PM) ***Serribon continues from his roll and heads for the beleagured warrior. Ibram can take up the cow's tail when he catches up.
(10:12:31 PM) D_M: They are essentially adjacent, Vargas. Stand by...
(10:12:35 PM) D_M: Magnus, roll your attacks.
(10:13:38 PM) D_M: Magnus, roll your attacks.
(10:14:16 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:14:16 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 22:12+10
(10:14:27 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:14:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 11:6+5
(10:14:41 PM) D_M: One hit.
(10:15:02 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+3+1+1d6
(10:15:02 PM) D_M: Roll damage.
(10:15:02 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 10:4+3+1+2
(10:16:11 PM) D_M: Magnus drops the hammer on the most wounded worm in front of him and smashes its head, laying it down into flopping death throws that cast sand every which way. Roll GUPC, Magnus.
(10:16:23 PM) D_M: Serribon and Ibram, go!
(10:16:31 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:16:31 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 17:12+5
(10:16:39 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are in charge range of the ones attacking Magnus, but don't have the flank.
(10:16:41 PM) Marauder_shields: All right
(10:16:52 PM) D_M: Ibram, you have charge on the one chasing Serribon,
(10:16:55 PM) D_M: But no flank.
(10:16:56 PM) Marauder_shields: Is ibram able to charge the one on ... excellent
(10:17:25 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+21
(10:17:25 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 31:10+21
(10:17:31 PM) ***Serribon goes to join the general melee.
(10:17:36 PM) Marauder_shields: (Lol and I've been under-calculating damage)
(10:17:45 PM) Marauder_shields: (I forgot about the base +1 to damage from blade groups)
(10:17:45 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:17:46 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 39:20+19
(10:17:49 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:17:50 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 20:1+19
(10:17:50 PM) D_M: Magnus, as you pull your mace free, it trails arcs of ichor beeds, and you notice that they coat the tines and flanges of your weapon. Something is odd there. You can use a move action to look more closely on your next turn, if you like.
(10:17:58 PM) Serribon: (no confirm)
(10:18:08 PM) D_M: A hit from each of you, I and S.
(10:18:30 PM) Serribon: (it's +1 damage from hasting, right?)
(10:18:36 PM) Vargas: (only to hit)
(10:18:38 PM) Marauder_shields: (+1 to hit)
(10:18:41 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(10:18:48 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(10:18:48 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 18:10+8
(10:18:51 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+10
(10:18:51 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 11:1+10
(10:19:25 PM) ***Serribon closes on the worms with unnatural speed and brings his halberd blade down with all his weight and momentum behind it.
(10:20:17 PM) D_M: Serribon and Ibram are like diametric opposites when it comes to damage rolls.
(10:20:42 PM) D_M: But Ibram's was almost dead anyway, so it dies. His sword goes in deep.
(10:21:05 PM) D_M: ,roll 3d6
(10:21:05 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 12
(10:21:30 PM) Vargas: (death worms. Ibby's sword is adamantium +2, so it has 22 hardness)
(10:21:32 PM) D_M: Ibram, as you pull your weapon out, you see its ichor bubbling on the surface of your sword. GUPC.
(10:21:54 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:21:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 16:15+1
(10:22:02 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "What the fuck is THAT?"
(10:22:16 PM) D_M: The worm's blood is trying to EAT your weapon, but the adamantium is resisting well.
(10:22:50 PM) D_M: Serribon, you cross the rest of the sand and come down like a bird of prey on one of the worms attacking the man there.
(10:22:50 PM) Vargas: (Thankfully Power Violence is also cut from Green Dragon bone. =) )
(10:23:03 PM) Marauder_shields: (lol power violence)
(10:23:06 PM) D_M: You chop at it, and it writhes.
(10:23:08 PM) Marauder_shields: (That joke never gets old.)
(10:23:28 PM) D_M: Vargas, Serribon is attacking one, but you can get two others with a fireball.
(10:23:43 PM) Marauder_shields: (Did you know it was a thing? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerviolence )
(10:24:09 PM) D_M: Magnus, the strangers close the distance and the first one to arrive goes directly at one of the worms attacking you.
(10:24:14 PM) D_M: Just then...
(10:24:17 PM) D_M: Vargas?
(10:24:28 PM) Vargas: ,roll 10d6 (dc 10+3+6, so 19 reflex)
(10:24:28 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (dc 10+3+6, so 19 reflex): 43
(10:24:36 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:24:36 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 14:7+7
(10:24:41 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:24:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 10:3+7
(10:24:45 PM) _Magnus: (Which is why the Brit punkers of that time thought we were fucking crazy)
(10:26:27 PM) Marauder_shields: (Were you around for the stolen code branchoff of Awake known as Power Violence?)
(10:26:43 PM) _Magnus: (Not I)
(10:27:13 PM) D_M: Magnus, just then, the lightning bolts are dwarfed--even your own flamestrike is dwarfed, but an enormous explosion that takes place barely twenty feet awa.
(10:27:15 PM) D_M: away.
(10:28:02 PM) Vargas: It leaves a little mushroom cloud of oily black smoke. Like as gasoline tank exploded.
(10:28:06 PM) D_M: The air is suddenly filled with roiling fire and black, oily smoke, and then the fireball pulls away from you and rolls up into the air, turning, forming a mushroom that climbs away.
(10:28:16 PM) Vargas: (hah!)
(10:28:22 PM) Marauder_shields: (HE CAST FIST)
(10:28:30 PM) D_M: The orange fades, leaving just the black smoke lifting toward the sky and pushing away on the breeze.
(10:29:32 PM) D_M: Miraculously, Magnus, you are but barely singed. The two worms withing the blast's primary radius, though, have coiled tight and are blackening and burning on the sands
(10:29:46 PM) D_M: GUPCs from all.
(10:29:52 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:29:52 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 31:12+19
(10:29:54 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:29:54 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 19:2+17
(10:29:54 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:29:54 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 26:12+14
(10:30:09 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:30:09 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 21:16+5
(10:30:54 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:30:54 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 5:4+1
(10:32:02 PM) D_M: Magnus, as you struggle to keep your footing under this sudden onslaught of helpful violence, you see beyond the smoke and the stranger to the sand, where the other armored warrior has just slain a worm there and is now headed for you. Presumably the look on your face draws Serribon's attention that way as well, because you are the two who witness the sand behind Ibram start to swell upward.
(10:32:22 PM) Marauder_shields: (yay and now the boss music plays)
(10:32:34 PM) Vargas: (Mua'dib! Mua'dib!)
(10:32:46 PM) Marauder_shields: (sudden onslaught of helpful violence, that is basically what we DO)
(10:32:51 PM) D_M: The area of the swell is massive, and at the center it starts to collapses into a vortext of sorts.
(10:33:24 PM) Acadia: (dun dun dun)
(10:33:30 PM) D_M: This is happening behind Ibram and below Vargas, so they have not noticed. Acadia, this is happening in front of you, so you can see the sand wave rise up, blocking your view of Ibram and the fight.
(10:33:31 PM) Serribon: (We's 'eroes!)
(10:33:33 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *left his maker hooks with Miriam, dammit.*
(10:33:47 PM) D_M: Now: Fight to the finish tonight, or hold until next week?
(10:33:51 PM) Vargas: Finish!
(10:33:52 PM) Serribon: (damn ant-lion)
(10:34:07 PM) D_M: Anyone need to go to bed?
(10:34:07 PM) _Magnus: I agree. Finish.
(10:34:13 PM) Serribon: (I'm good)
(10:34:23 PM) D_M: The finishers have it.
(10:34:25 PM) Acadia: I am also good.
(10:35:28 PM) D_M: The collapsing center of the swell is not an antlion. It's the thing's mouth opening, sand falling in, as it comes up behind Ibram and attempts to envelope him. This monster is Huge sized, and could swallow a human being whole.
(10:35:46 PM) Marauder_shields: (I'm good)
(10:36:02 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *Doesn't even see it coming, herp derp*
(10:36:20 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+23
(10:36:20 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 25:2+23
(10:36:23 PM) Vargas: (Well, on the plus side most of Ibby's gear is either immune or resistent to acid)
(10:36:27 PM) D_M: OMG. Really?
(10:36:30 PM) Vargas: (ROFL)
(10:36:35 PM) Serribon: "IBRAM! BEHIND YOU!"
(10:37:10 PM) _Magnus: Roll to examine my mace and this crap on it?
(10:37:11 PM) D_M: Ibram, someone belatedly shouts about something behind you as a wave of sand breaks over your head. You dive aside at the last moment, and a mountain of flesh crashes down beside you.
(10:37:35 PM) D_M: Magnus, no roll needed, but on your next turn you make only one attack.
(10:37:56 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Huh?"
(10:38:11 PM) D_M: The ichor is eating into your mace. It doesn't have as much on it as, say, a piercing weapon, but it's bubbling, nonetheless.
(10:39:23 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, the one remaining smaller worm attacks Serribon, who stabbed it.
(10:39:26 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(10:39:26 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 22:11+11
(10:39:32 PM) Serribon: miss
(10:39:49 PM) D_M: Magnus, go.
(10:40:54 PM) ***_Magnus rolls his mace into the sand to coat the ichor on the flanges and staunch the damage, or atleast slow it down.
(10:41:04 PM) D_M: Roger.
(10:41:15 PM) D_M: Vargas, you're up.
(10:41:53 PM) Vargas: (The worm is huge yes?)
(10:42:02 PM) D_M: From what you can see, at least.
(10:42:34 PM) _Magnus: (Even Boba Fett is worried.)
(10:42:59 PM) ***Vargas will cast Wall of Force to form a 30 x 30 wall in front of Ibram. "Ibram! Regroup with Serribon! Regroup!"
(10:43:43 PM) ***Vargas flies 50 ft thatway.
(10:43:44 PM) D_M: Between the worm and Ibram, you mean?
(10:43:48 PM) Vargas: (yes)
(10:44:25 PM) D_M: Acadia, your go. An enormous sand worm has just exploded from the sand about a hundred feet in front of you. At least, the head portions of it have emerged.
(10:45:32 PM) Acadia: Lightning bolt. If I can get arond to see a big open mouth at some point, I'd like to throw a flaming sphere into it.
(10:45:49 PM) D_M: Hah! Roger. Roll damage.
(10:45:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+8
(10:45:56 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 14:6+8
(10:46:17 PM) Vargas: (This is going to be frisky. Get ready to tango guys!)
(10:46:30 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(10:46:30 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 20
(10:47:00 PM) D_M: The lightning bolt drops on the monster. It hardly even notices.
(10:47:15 PM) D_M: Vargas, GUPC.
(10:47:22 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:47:22 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 20:3+17
(10:47:36 PM) D_M: Vargas, the lightning bolt has NO effect.
(10:47:36 PM) Vargas: (V's glasses must be dusty or something)
(10:48:02 PM) D_M: Ibram and Serribon, go. Serribon, you are thirty feet from the monster. Ibram, you are adjacent, and Serribon is thirt feet away, at the rocks.
(10:48:03 PM) Vargas: (what kind of knowledge might apply here?)
(10:48:13 PM) D_M: K. Nature or K. Arcana.
(10:48:17 PM) Serribon: Isn't there a wall of force between me and the worm?
(10:48:24 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *Falls back to serribon, and keeps running a bit farther, he's pretty goddamn scared*
(10:48:24 PM) Vargas: (I thought Ibby and Serribon were like 200 ft apart?)
(10:48:30 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Shit let's get out of here man."
(10:48:35 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15 (nature)
(10:48:36 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon, (nature): 16:1+15
(10:48:37 PM) D_M: No, Ibram continued toward them.
(10:48:45 PM) Vargas: (otherwise I would have done something different than a wall)
(10:49:02 PM) D_M: The wall of force is effectively behind Ibram, between the worm and Ibram, and yes, therefore between the worm and Serribon et al.
(10:49:12 PM) D_M: I don't follow, Vargas.
(10:49:31 PM) Vargas: (I put the wall up because I wanted Ibby to be able to flee and regroup without AoO)
(10:49:34 PM) Serribon: And I assume the worms I was fighting along side Magnus are still here?
(10:49:41 PM) Vargas: (I didn't think Serriberry was so close)
(10:49:48 PM) D_M: Ok, tactical review:
(10:50:06 PM) Serribon: (I gained 40' on you guys each round we were running)
(10:50:24 PM) D_M: Ibram did not lag behind Serribon that much, with all of them being hasted. as Serri says. The real lagger is Acadia, who did not run.
(10:50:41 PM) Serribon: (and am near enough to Magnus to fight the same mini-moldorm)
(10:50:48 PM) D_M: So she is deep in enemy territory behind the great monster.
(10:51:19 PM) D_M: The monster's front end is about thirty feet from the rocks, and Ibram is adjacent to its front-right corner, with your wall, Vargas, at an angle between him and it, caddy corner.
(10:51:49 PM) D_M: I think your choice was a good one, because if you want to fight from the rocks, Ibram does have to get there, and the wall does provide a round of delay to the monster.
(10:51:58 PM) Vargas: (Are any of the worms on Magnus still alive?)
(10:52:15 PM) Vargas: (Okay, I will stay with my previous action. Wall up so we can retreat and fight on rocks)
(10:52:15 PM) D_M: Only one live worm is currently visible.
(10:52:31 PM) D_M: Vargas is rocketing over top of it all to reach the guys at the rocks.
(10:52:35 PM) D_M: Ibram, are you running to the rocks?
(10:52:45 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *hell yes*
(10:52:55 PM) D_M: Very well. Serribon, how are you preparing?
(10:53:09 PM) ***Serribon addresses the guy with the mace, "Head for the rocks, I'll keep this one busy."
(10:53:22 PM) Serribon: (full hasted attack on the remaining mini-worm)
(10:53:27 PM) D_M: Serribon means head UP the rocks, since you are at the foot of the rocks.
(10:53:34 PM) D_M: Serribon, go ahead.
(10:53:41 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(10:53:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 21:3+18
(10:53:44 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(10:53:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 22:4+18
(10:53:48 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:53:48 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 14:1+13
(10:53:51 PM) D_M: Two hits.
(10:53:54 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8
(10:53:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 25:17+8
(10:54:02 PM) D_M: Three.
(10:54:06 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d10+24
(10:54:07 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 43:19+24
(10:54:18 PM) D_M: You slice it to pieces.
(10:55:37 PM) ***Serribon retreats 5' and prepares to leg it next round.
(10:56:06 PM) ***_Magnus returns with, "Gather your comrades here and I will bless them before we take on this fowl creature."
(10:56:33 PM) D_M: The enormous megaworm surges forward and crashes into the wall before it can even build up any speed. It sliiiides off to the side of the wall and squirms around it. As it goes, you all feel something familiar: a fuzziness in the air. Anyone who's watching close sees its great open maw crackling with electricity.
(10:56:45 PM) D_M: Magnus, roll a reflex save.
(10:56:59 PM) ***Serribon is puzzled.
(10:57:07 PM) Vargas: (Thunderworm!)
(10:57:16 PM) Serribon: (giant mongolian death worm)
(10:57:34 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6
(10:57:34 PM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 8:2+6
(10:57:40 PM) Vargas: (oh yeah, I forgot to roll knowledge)
(10:57:43 PM) Vargas: (my bad)
(10:57:44 PM) D_M: The worm's body writhes behinds its head as it closes toward the rocks, and a massive bolt of lightning, even worse than Acadia's, arcs across the remaining distance and up the rocks, right through Magnus's space.
(10:57:48 PM) D_M: ,roll 12d6
(10:57:49 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 33
(10:57:54 PM) D_M: 33 damage, Magnus.
(10:57:58 PM) Serribon: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm)
(10:58:07 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+21 (nature)
(10:58:07 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (nature): 33:12+21
(10:58:19 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+27 (arcana)
(10:58:19 PM) D_M: The creature ends its move within five feet of the rocks.
(10:58:19 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (arcana): 41:14+27
(10:59:09 PM) D_M: It's a magical best, Vargas, clearly immune to electricity in its fully mature form, and if the legends are true, acid for blood and poisonous of bite AND on skin contact.
(10:59:30 PM) D_M: Dear lord, and it's big enough to swallow you whole.
(10:59:32 PM) ***Vargas .oO(A fascinating creature if it wasn't trying to kill us.)
(10:59:37 PM) D_M: Or crush you.
(10:59:53 PM) D_M: Acadia, you are on the sand behind it, about a hundred feet back?
(11:00:15 PM) Acadia: Seems that way
(11:00:27 PM) D_M: So go!
(11:00:27 PM) ***Vargas considers his options while his brain crunches through arcane lore.
(11:00:33 PM) Acadia: Well!
(11:00:56 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-natures-ally
(11:01:12 PM) D_M: What animal, and where are you summoning it?
(11:01:14 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d4+1
(11:01:14 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 5:4+1
(11:01:39 PM) D_M: Acadia begins a maximized summon monster spell.
(11:01:46 PM) Vargas: (Protip! You have the ring of featherfall yes? You can spend 1 full round to summon, and since you can't spare an action to fly you will fall 60' that round)
(11:01:48 PM) Acadia: I'm summoning 5 giant centipedes, right on top of it.
(11:02:11 PM) Acadia: (What? Am I not on the ground?)
(11:02:24 PM) D_M: No, you are, Acadia. I don't know what he's talking about.
(11:02:31 PM) Vargas: (I though you were a birdy? Nvm)
(11:02:39 PM) ***_Magnus grunts as the bolt strikes him. His armor becomes visible within the cloak. With a shake of his head he is ready for more and the armor becomes commoner's clothing once more.
(11:02:40 PM) D_M: (Ooooh.)
(11:02:52 PM) Acadia: (Oh I gotcha. But duly noted for future reference!)
(11:03:05 PM) Acadia: So my babies get to attack, right?
(11:03:08 PM) D_M: A summoning circle appears amidsts the sands near the giant worm.
(11:03:16 PM) Vargas: (They don't appear until next turn)
(11:03:18 PM) D_M: Not until next round. You spend this round casting.
(11:03:22 PM) Serribon: (they pop at the top of your next... right0
(11:03:25 PM) Acadia: (Right, right, just remembered)
(11:03:33 PM) D_M: the summoning circle twists and widens. Meanwhile...
(11:03:33 PM) Serribon: (we're helping!)
(11:03:56 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are ten feet from the worm's mandibles, and it is coming for you.
(11:04:08 PM) _Magnus: Who is within a 40' radius of me, DM?
(11:04:26 PM) D_M: Oh, Magnus, I almost for got. Hold on, Serri.
(11:04:35 PM) Serribon: *holds*
(11:04:36 PM) D_M: Magnus should have gone just before Acadia.
(11:05:24 PM) D_M: Magnus, The strangely armored stranger tells you to run for it, to climb up the boulder slope, and then promptly eviscerates the last of the smaller worms. Then the great worm shocks the hell out of you. What do you do?
(11:05:37 PM) D_M: You have Serribon, Ibram, and Vargas all within 40 feet.
(11:05:57 PM) _Magnus: Is the giant worm within that 40 feet too?
(11:06:02 PM) D_M: It is.
(11:06:29 PM) D_M: A spell takes a Standard Action unless otherwise noted. You can perform a standard action, and then also perform a move action, all in your turn.
(11:07:09 PM) D_M: Let's see it, Magnus.
(11:07:09 PM) ***_Magnus before retreating he raises his mace and a blue glow forms from it, encompassing the others, and the worm, briefly. He then begins to retreat as told.
(11:07:20 PM) D_M: Very well. Link dat spell.
(11:07:23 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/prayer
(11:07:26 PM) Vargas: (Most divine spells differentiate between friend and foe, unlike arcane)
(11:07:39 PM) Vargas: (oooh, nice)
(11:07:48 PM) D_M: Yup. You all get a +1.
(11:08:06 PM) Vargas: (And the worm gets -1 to saves, which is handy)
(11:08:07 PM) D_M: The boulder slope is rough terrain, so you move half your speed up the slope.
(11:08:12 PM) D_M: Yup.
(11:08:19 PM) D_M: Serribon and Ibram, go.
(11:08:54 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *uses lunge to shank that damn thing while it isn't adjacent*
(11:09:14 PM) Vargas: (You guys guy +2 to hit from haste, and prayer total)
(11:09:23 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+22
(11:09:24 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 27:5+22
(11:09:27 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+22
(11:09:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 33:11+22
(11:09:31 PM) D_M: Roll it, Ibram, full attack.
(11:09:33 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+17
(11:09:33 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 35:18+17
(11:09:38 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+17
(11:09:38 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 36:19+17
(11:09:40 PM) Marauder_shields: Crit
(11:09:43 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:09:43 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 24:12+12
(11:09:58 PM) Marauder_shields: AC?
(11:10:10 PM) D_M: A mere 22
(11:10:15 PM) ***Serribon shifts to an extended grip and stabbinates the thing.
(11:10:21 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:10:22 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 22:3+19
(11:10:25 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:10:26 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 34:15+19
(11:10:26 PM) Vargas: You get +1 dmg from prayer too
(11:10:35 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:10:35 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 34:20+14
(11:10:40 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:10:40 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 19:5+14
(11:10:45 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(11:10:46 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 5:1+4
(11:10:50 PM) Serribon: Crit
(11:10:54 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(11:10:54 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 10:1+9
(11:10:56 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 5d8+55
(11:10:56 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 72:17+55
(11:11:05 PM) Vargas: (Cccccombo crit. X-slash.)
(11:11:08 PM) Marauder_shields: 72 damage from ibram's bladestorm
(11:11:09 PM) Serribon: (so two hits and a crit, yes?)
(11:11:37 PM) D_M: Magnus, you witness something astonishing as you retreat. The two strangers turn about and lay into the monster, and their weapons strike true on almost every blow. They just hack into it like a pair of whirling blade-dirvishes.
(11:11:41 PM) Serribon: ,roll 5d10+40
(11:11:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 50:10+40
(11:12:00 PM) Serribon: (oh, seriously? 5 dice and I make 10?)
(11:12:05 PM) D_M: Serribon, AC 22, do I don't think the crit confirmed.
(11:12:15 PM) Vargas: (he AP'ed it)
(11:12:24 PM) Serribon: Yep
(11:12:28 PM) D_M: Oooh, got it.
(11:13:02 PM) Vargas: (my turn?)
(11:13:03 PM) D_M: The worm recoils under the unbelievable onslaught. That two such tiny creatures could so assail its lips is incredible.
(11:13:06 PM) D_M: Not yet, V.
(11:13:19 PM) ***Serribon steps to the side to get out of line with it.
(11:13:32 PM) D_M: The worm lashes out, dropping its jaws on Ibram if it can.
(11:13:38 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+22
(11:13:38 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 33:11+22
(11:13:53 PM) D_M: Hit?
(11:14:34 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, its great bulk snakes behind it, rolling at Serribon like a steamroller.
(11:14:42 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+17
(11:14:42 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 24:7+17
(11:14:49 PM) D_M: Hit?
(11:14:57 PM) Serribon: Nope
(11:14:58 PM) Vargas: (If it swallows Ibram, it's turn ends there)
(11:15:12 PM) D_M: Speak up, Ibby? 33 hits or misses?
(11:15:29 PM) Serribon: (base AC is 25 while I'm two-handing it)
(11:15:46 PM) Marauder_shields: Hold on sorry
(11:15:50 PM) Marauder_shields: Yes a 33 hits
(11:16:15 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+24 (grapple)
(11:16:15 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, (grapple): 26:2+24
(11:16:29 PM) D_M: Does it keep hold on the grapple check? Vs CMD
(11:16:54 PM) Vargas: (10+BAB+Str+dex+deflection)
(11:17:45 PM) D_M: plus Luck.
(11:17:50 PM) D_M: And hast.
(11:17:52 PM) D_M: haste.
(11:17:58 PM) D_M: So that's a miss.
(11:18:07 PM) D_M: The monster does damage only to Ibram.
(11:18:14 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Oof!"
(11:18:15 PM) D_M: ,roll 3d8+16
(11:18:15 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 34:18+16
(11:18:36 PM) D_M: And rolls at Serribon, but Serribon tumbles back like a pro, avoiding the sweeping arcs of its bulk.
(11:18:39 PM) D_M: Vargas, go.
(11:18:52 PM) Serribon: "Move around and get it between us!"
(11:18:52 PM) D_M: Ibby, 34 damage.
(11:19:11 PM) Serribon: "We'll take it's bloody head off!"
(11:19:34 PM) ***Vargas has to make sure the team can hold these beast down for the kill before it retreats into the earth, ally in mouth or no. He casts Slow, and attempts to thicken the flow of Time.
(11:19:44 PM) Vargas: will save, dc 19 with -1 to save
(11:19:59 PM) D_M: Link?
(11:20:16 PM) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/slow
(11:20:26 PM) D_M: Oh, Ibram, I forgot the poison. Roll Fort.
(11:20:44 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+9
(11:20:44 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 29:20+9
(11:20:50 PM) Marauder_shields: 30!
(11:20:51 PM) Vargas: (haha, like a boss)
(11:20:55 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *lol fuck you poison*
(11:21:30 PM) D_M: So be it.
(11:21:35 PM) D_M: The monster saves vs Slow:
(11:21:39 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+6
(11:21:40 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 7:1+6
(11:21:42 PM) D_M: Or not!
(11:21:46 PM) D_M: It is slowed!
(11:21:58 PM) D_M: Acadia:
(11:22:09 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+11
(11:22:10 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 23:12+11
(11:22:12 PM) ***Vargas commands his allies, "He is immune to lightning! Finish him!"
(11:22:18 PM) Serribon: (do you still have that belt I awarded you that boosts your poison saves?)
(11:22:19 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Thought you'd never ask."
(11:22:23 PM) Acadia: How much of the worm is up on the rocks, currently?
(11:22:26 PM) D_M: A lesser worm bursts from the sands, attacking you in mid cast!
(11:22:35 PM) Acadia: Oh!
(11:22:37 PM) Marauder_shields: (Oh yeahhe never got rid of it, I thought it was ingested poison only)
(11:22:46 PM) D_M: Does 23 hit your gnome AC, Acadia?
(11:22:46 PM) Acadia: How obnoxious.
(11:22:48 PM) Serribon: (ah, maybe so)
(11:22:57 PM) Acadia: Sure does!
(11:23:31 PM) D_M: ,roll 2d8+6
(11:23:31 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 15:9+6
(11:23:57 PM) D_M: You take 15 damage as the thing bites you. You also roll a Concentration check and a Fort save. Gerhal, can you help her with the concentration check?
(11:24:14 PM) Vargas: 1d20+caster lvl +stat mod
(11:24:30 PM) Acadia: what about combat casting, does that help or no?
(11:24:42 PM) Vargas: The dc is based on the spell effect. However, is this not an ongoing spell?
(11:24:52 PM) Vargas: Relink it, please
(11:24:59 PM) Serribon: (it's a summons)
(11:25:05 PM) Vargas: Oh, the summons
(11:25:14 PM) Vargas: (What spell level is it?)
(11:25:26 PM) Acadia: 3
(11:26:03 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11 (fort)
(11:26:03 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia, (fort): 29:18+11
(11:26:19 PM) Vargas: Injured while casting: 10 + dmg + spell level. So 10 + 15 + 3 = 28. Roll 1d20+CL+Wis to meet or beat 28.
(11:26:30 PM) D_M: so roll 1d20+9+WIS+4, acadia
(11:26:46 PM) Vargas: Combat casting doesn't apply to that particular check, alas.
(11:26:48 PM) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Concentration
(11:26:51 PM) D_M: Your Fort save passes, Acadia.
(11:26:57 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+9+3+4
(11:26:57 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 21:5+9+3+4
(11:27:27 PM) D_M: Oh, true.
(11:27:29 PM) D_M: So -4
(11:27:34 PM) D_M: So the spell fails.
(11:27:52 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, Magnus, you are thirty feet from the Monster.
(11:28:18 PM) Acadia: Arg.
(11:28:30 PM) D_M: You are not poisoned, though, Acadia.
(11:28:44 PM) D_M: The thing has latched onto your leg and is thrashing wildly.
(11:28:57 PM) D_M: Oh, wait, no, you're small, so it tries to swallow you.
(11:29:05 PM) Vargas: (!)
(11:29:18 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+13
(11:29:18 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 23:10+13
(11:29:22 PM) Serribon: (large worm, small gnome)
(11:29:26 PM) Acadia: Ick!
(11:29:34 PM) D_M: Vargas, GUPC.
(11:29:40 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(11:29:40 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 34:17+17
(11:30:13 PM) D_M: You are high enough to see past the monster during one of your swoops. You see it happen. A splash of sand, and a worm snaps up the gnome and slithers on the surface.
(11:30:32 PM) D_M: Magnus, your play?
(11:30:38 PM) _Magnus: right
(11:30:48 PM) D_M: 30' to the megaworm.
(11:31:14 PM) ***_Magnus raises his mace once more and calls down a red glow upon the massive worm.
(11:31:16 PM) ***Vargas exclaims, "Acadia! Finish the big one guys, quick!"
(11:31:23 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bane
(11:31:52 PM) D_M: DC, Magnus?
(11:31:58 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+6
(11:31:58 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 18:12+6
(11:32:01 PM) _Magnus: and I guess that would hit the smaller one attacking Acadia if it is in range too.
(11:32:07 PM) _Magnus: DC of 20
(11:32:24 PM) D_M: Really? That seems high for a level 1spell.
(11:32:35 PM) _Magnus: oh...uh
(11:32:39 PM) Serribon: (huh. that seems to be an untyped penalty - so it should stack with Slow and the negative effect of Prayer, I think?)
(11:32:41 PM) D_M: 10+1+WIS
(11:32:49 PM) Serribon: 16
(11:33:02 PM) _Magnus: right 16
(11:33:02 PM) D_M: So it saves.
(11:33:14 PM) Vargas: (if it is untyped, it stacks unless it is the exact same source)
(11:33:20 PM) D_M: Acadia, your turn.
(11:33:25 PM) Serribon: (two different divine spells)
(11:33:40 PM) D_M: You are suddenly enveloped, and horrible muscles and toothy internal things are pushing you down, crushing your body...
(11:34:11 PM) Vargas: (where is Petite?)
(11:34:12 PM) Serribon: (though it looks like it's just an omission, and it should be a morale-type bonus. But prayer is Luck, so it'd still stack)
(11:34:15 PM) D_M: You can fight with any small weapon to try to cut your way out, or try to cast a spell, which will be hard to concentrate against.
(11:34:26 PM) Acadia: Gross! Did call lightning fail too?
(11:34:35 PM) Vargas: (Call lightning is still in effect)
(11:34:43 PM) Vargas: (You don't even have to check with it)
(11:34:56 PM) D_M: yeah, CL is still in effect, as is your polymorph on Petite, so he's still a fluffy bunny.
(11:34:56 PM) Serribon: (neat. No concentration or anything?)
(11:35:16 PM) Vargas: (Call Lightning is very much fire and forget. It's like a dynamic DoT.)
(11:35:18 PM) Acadia: Great. At risk of injuring myself, I'll call a bolt down on it and try to fight my way out. Can I un-polymorph Petite?
(11:35:39 PM) D_M: You can call down a bolt and dismiss the spell on petite. i will grant this.
(11:35:47 PM) Acadia: Sweet.
(11:35:47 PM) D_M: Roll damage on the bolt.
(11:35:55 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(11:35:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 15
(11:36:02 PM) Vargas: (What's my range to Acadia and her worm?)
(11:36:12 PM) D_M: Two hundred feet or so, Vargas.
(11:36:37 PM) D_M: Acadia, you feel yourself tossed about violently in the crushing confines of its gullet as it thrashes under your lightning bolt.
(11:36:52 PM) D_M: You can feel its throat teeth cutting into you, forcing you deeper into its belly.
(11:36:59 PM) D_M: Ibram and Serribon, have at it.
(11:37:02 PM) Serribon: heh. lightning bolt and sudden gator in its belly.
(11:37:03 PM) Acadia: No good.
(11:37:20 PM) D_M: No, the gator is outside.
(11:37:25 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+22
(11:37:25 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 27:5+22
(11:37:27 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+22
(11:37:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 24:2+22
(11:37:29 PM) ***Serribon continues to attack the giant maker.
(11:37:33 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+17
(11:37:33 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 32:15+17
(11:37:37 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:37:37 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 25:13+12
(11:37:39 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:37:39 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 39:19+20
(11:37:46 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:37:46 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 25:5+20
(11:37:47 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 4d8+44
(11:37:47 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 64:20+44
(11:37:50 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:37:51 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 25:10+15
(11:37:54 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(11:37:54 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 14:4+10
(11:37:55 PM) Marauder_shields: 64 more from ibram's hammering blade
(11:38:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d10+24
(11:38:00 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 45:21+24
(11:38:07 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "ooooooooarggh!"
(11:38:20 PM) D_M: Jeeze. You guys are basically climbing on it, at this point, shoving your weapons into its head.
(11:38:25 PM) D_M: It is going down fat.
(11:38:27 PM) D_M: fast.
(11:38:37 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+21 (vs Ibram)
(11:38:37 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, (vs Ibram): 33:12+21
(11:38:45 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *nommed once more*
(11:38:49 PM) D_M: It makes one slowed chomp at Ibram.
(11:39:25 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+24 grapple
(11:39:26 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, grapple: 35:11+24
(11:39:38 PM) D_M: It begins to swallow Ibram.
(11:40:02 PM) D_M: ,roll 3d8+16 damage, Ibby, and save vs poison
(11:40:03 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, damage, Ibby, and save vs poison: 27:11+16
(11:40:22 PM) ***Serribon shifts again, in case it gets the idea of unleashing another bolt of lighting at some point.
(11:40:34 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, Vargas, go.
(11:40:47 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+10
(11:40:47 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 23:13+10
(11:40:56 PM) D_M: Good save vs the poison, again.
(11:41:01 PM) D_M: Vargas?
(11:41:27 PM) ***Vargas is more confident that Ibram and Serribon have got this handled. Acadia is who he's worried about. He takes aim, and launches a fireball avoiding Petite.
(11:41:42 PM) D_M: Roll damage and state dc
(11:41:45 PM) Vargas: ,roll 10d6 (dc 19 ref)
(11:41:46 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas, (dc 19 ref): 34
(11:41:59 PM) _Magnus: How far is Acadia's worm from Magnus?
(11:42:02 PM) Marauder_shields: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=i8wghCdMncU
(11:42:03 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(11:42:03 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 20:13+7
(11:42:07 PM) D_M: The creatures saves for half damage!
(11:42:30 PM) D_M: Magnus, go! 30' from megaworm, and it looks like it's coming apart at the FACE.
(11:43:10 PM) Marauder_shields: (Ibram and serribon go all like GOD OF WAR on things)
(11:43:16 PM) D_M: It's true.
(11:43:17 PM) _Magnus: how far is Acadia's worm from me?
(11:43:25 PM) Serribon: (when the dice cooperate)
(11:43:26 PM) Marauder_shields: (Fuck this ima climb that titan and MURDER IT. More or less)
(11:43:29 PM) D_M: About 23'
(11:43:31 PM) D_M: 230'
(11:43:49 PM) Vargas: (Worry about the big one, Magnus)
(11:43:55 PM) Vargas: (short afk, Oreo needs out)
(11:44:06 PM) Serribon: (Serri has *literally* climbed on the biggest things we've fought and, yes, murderlized them)
(11:44:30 PM) Serribon: ('cept that damn smooth-carapaced centipede)
(11:45:13 PM) D_M: Magnus, let's hear it.
(11:45:20 PM) ***_Magnus begins moving closer to the worm and sheathes his mace as he does. Using his shield for optimal protection as he gets closer.
(11:45:27 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, the worm crushes Acadia.
(11:45:31 PM) Serribon: (also. like this track, Bill)
(11:45:41 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d8+4
(11:45:41 PM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 12:8+4
(11:45:53 PM) D_M: 12 damage, Acadia, and roll fort vs poison.
(11:46:19 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(11:46:19 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 19:8+11
(11:46:20 PM) D_M: Magnus, you can only cover 15 feet this round.
(11:46:38 PM) D_M: Acadia, you save again. Your turn, Acadia, and Petites.
(11:46:54 PM) Acadia: Can I try a flaming sphere in this belly?
(11:46:55 PM) D_M: Serribon, your go.
(11:47:11 PM) ***Serribon keeps pouring it on.
(11:47:15 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:47:15 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 31:11+20
(11:47:20 PM) D_M: Not really, Acadia, because you can't pick a place for it to appear.
(11:47:21 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:47:21 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 20:5+15
(11:47:24 PM) ***_Magnus approaches and lays his hand on the outer edge of the large worm for just a second. An eerie dark fire blasts against the worm's flesh.
(11:47:25 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/slay-living
(11:47:26 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:47:27 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 24:4+20
(11:47:31 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(11:47:32 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 21:11+10
(11:47:33 PM) Marauder_shields: (Bill is the party bard, unlike ibram who is the fighter)
(11:47:39 PM) D_M: You need something that shoots out from you.
(11:47:47 PM) Serribon: (what's it's modified AC with slow and prayer penalty?)
(11:47:51 PM) Vargas: (maggy, you'll have to risk an AoO for slay living)
(11:47:58 PM) D_M: AC 21, Serri.
(11:48:02 PM) Vargas: (Slow gives -1 AC.)
(11:48:07 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d10+24
(11:48:07 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Serribon: 38:14+24
(11:48:13 PM) Vargas: (Haste and prayer just give +2 to hit)
(11:48:13 PM) D_M: Slow takes away AoOs.
(11:48:20 PM) Vargas: (Does it? Awesome!)
(11:48:29 PM) D_M: Staggered creatures do not threaten.
(11:48:33 PM) Vargas: (Fridge brilliance)
(11:48:37 PM) Serribon: (yeah, and full attack, too, I think)
(11:48:39 PM) Acadia: Nothing like that. I guess it'll be more lightning.
(11:48:52 PM) D_M: Go for it, Acadia.
(11:48:58 PM) Vargas: (You could stab it with a belt knife, Acadia. You've always got a knife.)
(11:49:05 PM) D_M: And Petite can attack.
(11:50:09 PM) Acadia: Well, why not. Add just melee attack bonus, right? BAB plus str?
(11:50:28 PM) Vargas: (aye) Bolt, and knife, and Petite.
(11:50:36 PM) Acadia: Okay.
(11:50:43 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6 (lightning bolt)
(11:50:43 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia, (lightning bolt): 16
(11:50:52 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+9 (knife)
(11:50:52 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia, (knife): 10:1+9
(11:51:12 PM) Serribon: (so did Mags' slay living apply?)
(11:51:18 PM) Acadia: Oh, how do I figure Petite's attack bonus?
(11:51:39 PM) D_M: i'm afraid you must choose between the knife and the lightning bolt. I say go for the bolt
(11:51:46 PM) D_M: Magnus has not casted yet.
(11:51:51 PM) Acadia: Ohh okay. Yeah, bolt.
(11:52:05 PM) Marauder_shields: (I thought magnus was casting)
(11:52:05 PM) D_M: He was still out of reach at the end of his previous turn.
(11:52:10 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(11:52:20 PM) _Magnus: So that cast will be on the next turn?
(11:52:29 PM) Acadia: Does Petite have separate BAB from me?
(11:52:32 PM) Serribon: (if Ibram and Serri dont kill it first)
(11:52:34 PM) Acadia: (I don't have it down, sorry)
(11:52:37 PM) D_M: Ok, meanwhile, the monster is on its last legs, but it tries to crush Ibram while rolling on Serribon.
(11:52:57 PM) Vargas: (It's complicated. Petite does have a different stat block than yours)
(11:53:06 PM) D_M: Ibram, first, you can draw a knife and make one attack if you like.
(11:53:24 PM) Serribon: (I think it can only make one attack while Slowed. Chewing and rolling would be two actions, wouldn't they?)
(11:53:37 PM) D_M: Or you can roll an escape artist check to try to climb back up its throat.
(11:53:46 PM) Vargas: (Swallow whole is a dot of sorts. No action)
(11:53:46 PM) Acadia: (Found it)
(11:53:49 PM) D_M: The swallow is autodamage, not an attack.
(11:53:53 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(11:54:05 PM) D_M: Acadia, if you found Petite, roll his attack.
(11:54:18 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:54:18 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 17:5+12
(11:54:37 PM) D_M: Petite bites at the thing, but can't get purchae.
(11:54:40 PM) D_M: purchase.
(11:54:50 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, swallow damage to Ibrm.
(11:54:52 PM) Marauder_shields: Now hold on
(11:55:00 PM) D_M: What up?
(11:55:06 PM) Marauder_shields: Does this count as an autopin?
(11:55:20 PM) Marauder_shields: if not, I think the longsword is still useable
(11:55:35 PM) ***Vargas .oO(Please, Gott. Don't make me choose. Don't make me choose between Ibram and Acadia.)
(11:55:38 PM) D_M: No, but you don't have the space for a light or two handed weapon.
(11:56:01 PM) D_M: You're in super tight confines, which means you have to draw your knife, or fire your fire sword--oh wait, you gave that away.
(11:56:48 PM) Vargas: Actually, I think Bill has a point. Once you win the grab it must attempt a new maneuver to swallow.
(11:57:07 PM) Vargas: I think we went straight to swallow.
(11:57:11 PM) Marauder_shields: Well damn that is rare
(11:57:13 PM) Marauder_shields: But okay sure
(11:57:34 PM) Marauder_shields: Does that mean I get a turn whilst grappled before I am swallered?
(11:59:14 PM) D_M: I review.
(11:59:19 PM) D_M: And yes, you do!
(11:59:43 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> :D
(11:59:45 PM) D_M: So take your action while grappled.
(11:59:55 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:59:55 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 31:11+20
(11:59:58 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:59:58 PM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 22:2+20
(12:00:02 AM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+15
(12:00:03 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 35:20+15
(12:00:05 AM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+15
(12:00:05 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 33:18+15
(12:00:09 AM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+10
(12:00:09 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 16:6+10
(12:00:10 AM) D_M: Of course.
(12:00:12 AM) Serribon: (this is Ibram's concurrent go while I laid my last smackdown on the thing?)
(12:00:13 AM) Marauder_shields: shankstorm!
(12:00:18 AM) D_M: Yes.
(12:00:25 AM) D_M: Roll your damage, you monster.
(12:00:31 AM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 4d8+44
(12:00:31 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Marauder_shields: 61:17+44
(12:00:36 AM) D_M: Good grief.
(12:00:43 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *is basically a waring blender*
(12:00:50 AM) Serribon: (don't blame Ibby - the worm thought it was a good idea to put the dragon king up against its soft bits)
(12:01:36 AM) D_M: *facepalm* Ibram kills it. From its own mouth he stabs at it.
(12:02:23 AM) Vargas: (Now that's an image for you.)
(12:02:45 AM) D_M: Well... Vargas, your turn.
(12:03:03 AM) Serribon: (crysknives for everybody!)
(12:03:14 AM) ***Vargas flies towards Acadia's worm, and throws a magic missile at it.
(12:03:17 AM) Acadia: (crysknives?)
(12:03:21 AM) Vargas: ,roll 5d4+5
(12:03:22 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Vargas: 15:10+5
(12:03:27 AM) Marauder_shields: (Hawl yam!)
(12:03:28 AM) Vargas: (Dune reference.)
(12:03:38 AM) Serribon: (from Dune - special knives made from the teeth of giant sandworms)
(12:03:41 AM) D_M: Let her rip, Vargas.
(12:03:46 AM) Acadia: (ahhh... nice)
(12:04:02 AM) Marauder_shields: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysknife
(12:04:41 AM) D_M: Oh, you did let her rip.
(12:05:01 AM) D_M: You pummel another fifteen into the lesser worm. It writhes away from you and begins to burrow.
(12:05:03 AM) D_M: The worm turns.
(12:05:04 AM) Acadia: (Sweet. I read half of that book.... I keep meaning to go back and read the rest)
(12:05:06 AM) D_M: No, the worm's turn.
(12:05:13 AM) Acadia: Don't let it burrow!
(12:05:15 AM) D_M: ,roll 1d8+4 damage
(12:05:15 AM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, damage: 5:1+4
(12:05:15 AM) Acadia: I'll be done for!
(12:05:26 AM) D_M: Another 5 damage and save vs poison, Acadia.
(12:05:33 AM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(12:05:33 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 16:5+11
(12:05:49 AM) D_M: You fail and are poisoned!
(12:05:55 AM) ***Vargas will dive after that worm into the earth if he has to. That worm has no idea who it has pissed off.
(12:06:03 AM) Acadia: Piffle.
(12:06:12 AM) D_M: ,roll 1d2 CON damage
(12:06:12 AM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M, CON damage: 2
(12:06:26 AM) D_M: You lose two points of CON, and your HP bar shrinks by 9.
(12:06:35 AM) Acadia: ewwww
(12:06:40 AM) D_M: your turn, Acadia.
(12:06:43 AM) Acadia: that's horrible....
(12:07:15 AM) Acadia: Well, lightning I guess. Is there anything in here that I can grab a hold of and rip?
(12:07:16 AM) D_M: Another lightning bolt before it gets away?
(12:07:25 AM) Acadia: For sure.
(12:07:33 AM) D_M: Roll it.
(12:07:38 AM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(12:07:38 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 20
(12:08:11 AM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(12:08:11 AM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 18:11+7
(12:08:20 AM) D_M: Even so, it is enough.
(12:08:32 AM) Acadia: Eh?
(12:08:40 AM) Serribon: (think you roasted it)
(12:08:43 AM) Marauder_shields: LOL deadworms
(12:09:04 AM) Acadia: Phew. I'm going to try and crawl out. And, yes, I plan on collecting the teeth.
(12:09:05 AM) D_M: The creature is struck, and it arches on the surface, pulling its own head out of the sand. And then it flops over and thrashes wildly for a few seconds.
(12:09:21 AM) D_M: Acadia, it's like being inside a firehose that got loose.
(12:09:32 AM) Vargas: (hahah)
(12:09:32 AM) Serribon: (heh)
(12:09:43 AM) D_M: And then suddenly, all is still, and you're still being poisoned, but you're not being ground like flour anymore.
(12:10:04 AM) Acadia: Yuck. Acadia tries unsuccessfully to keep from hurling, and tries to collect herself once it stops.
(12:10:10 AM) D_M: Vargas, the thing goes still on the surface. No sign of Acadia. The alligator attacks it, biting, but can't get purchase.
(12:10:18 AM) ***Vargas will desintigrate the worm to get Acadia out. He has no idea if she's still alive in there. She could be digesting!
(12:10:27 AM) D_M: Roger.
(12:10:55 AM) ***_Magnus begins making his way around the large worm to the smaller one. He begins to reclaim his thoughts for the task.
(12:11:09 AM) ***Serribon resumes hacking at the giant worm in cinema mode, since you can't really tell agressive action from death throes.
(12:11:15 AM) D_M: Vargas casts Disintegrate, and a huge chunk of the worm body rots into a fine dust. Still no sign of Acadia, Vargas, but if you want to go digging, you have a good hole to start in.
(12:11:15 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *will just cut his way free of bigworm, and then sit down on the rocks, obviously exhausted*
(12:11:44 AM) D_M: The giant worm eventually settles out, Serribon, and Ibram rolls from its jaws and crawls over to a boulder.
(12:12:00 AM) Serribon: "Oh, good - you found the right way out."
(12:12:00 AM) D_M: Save vs poison, Acadia.
(12:12:07 AM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(12:12:07 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 19:8+11
(12:12:09 AM) ***Vargas calls out, "Acadia! Are you alive?"
(12:12:27 AM) D_M: you hear Vargas calling to you, Acadia. It's very muffled and distant.
(12:12:38 AM) ***Serribon looks over at Vargas, "Where'd she go?"
(12:12:45 AM) ***_Magnus rushes to the dead worm and the wizard.
(12:12:53 AM) D_M: Vargas is 200' away, landing by a worm's corpse.
(12:12:56 AM) ***Acadia calls out with as much voice as she can manage, and tries again to crawl out of the worm, if possible.
(12:13:06 AM) D_M: Vargas, you just need to cut through a few more guts to get her out.
(12:13:16 AM) ***Serribon has ears like an owl and can yell very loud.
(12:13:56 AM) ***Vargas will cast Resist Energy (Acid) go for it with his knife.
(12:13:59 AM) D_M: Magnus, you cease to cast your Slay spell before you lose it, and jog across the sands toward Vargas, wary for additional sand worms.
(12:14:20 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Gross."
(12:14:33 AM) ***Vargas will crawl right up in that thing.
(12:14:48 AM) D_M: Acadia, blessedly, there is a sudden feeling of movement from outside, and then a knife blade appears, scrapes past your armor, and opens a hole for you to come tumbling out.
(12:14:59 AM) D_M: Roll Fort, Acadia.
(12:15:00 AM) Acadia: freedom!
(12:15:04 AM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(12:15:04 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 14:3+11
(12:15:06 AM) Serribon: (if it had been Serri who was swallowed, the damn thing would have started burrowing and he'd have had to work his way out the other end)
(12:15:10 AM) D_M: ,roll 1d2
(12:15:11 AM) Servitor-Secundus: D_M: 2
(12:15:12 AM) Acadia: sigh
(12:15:12 AM) Vargas: "Acadia? Gimme your hand!"
(12:15:23 AM) D_M: The poison makes you feel sick right down to your core.
(12:15:23 AM) ***Acadia gives him her hand.
(12:15:35 AM) ***Vargas grabs on, and dimension steps her out.
(12:15:38 AM) D_M: You lose another two CON, and your life bar shrinks by another 9 points.
(12:15:51 AM) D_M: Vargas, you can just pull her out, at this point.
(12:15:59 AM) ***Vargas will do that then.
(12:16:04 AM) D_M: Its inner bits are stretchy. It's like a horrible alien C-section.
(12:16:12 AM) D_M: Magnus comes running up.
(12:16:32 AM) Vargas: "Are you ill, Acadia? Are you poisoned?"
(12:16:40 AM) D_M: Acadia looks horribly pale, slimed, blistered, gouged, and worse, there's blood seeping from her eyes, nose, lips...
(12:16:51 AM) Acadia: Acadia is not feeling very lively at the moment.
(12:16:57 AM) D_M: So you're thinking yeah, probably poisoned at a minimum.
(12:17:07 AM) ***Serribon joins Ibram when he sees they've taken care of it. "I hate being inside those things, don't you?"
(12:17:33 AM) ***Vargas will lie her down. "Damn, hold on." He doesn't know what kind of magic he has, so he removes his own cloak and puts it around her shoulders.
(12:17:45 AM) ***Vargas then breaks out his medical kit.
(12:17:49 AM) ***_Magnus kneels down and attempts to neutralize the poison in the gnome.
(12:17:50 AM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/n/neutralize-poison
(12:18:07 AM) D_M: Roll 1d20+9, Magnis.
(12:18:09 AM) D_M: Magnis.
(12:18:12 AM) D_M: MagnUS.
(12:18:26 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Yeah, it is the pits."
(12:18:34 AM) ***Serribon passes him a canteen.
(12:18:34 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *He looks at the hole the sandworm made, and laughs*
(12:18:35 AM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+9
(12:18:35 AM) Servitor-Secundus: _Magnus: 11:2+9
(12:18:42 AM) D_M: Vargas, the figure that joins you is enormous. Not Large sized by the rules, but probably 250 pounds of cloaked figure.
(12:18:52 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Haha! The pits." *he sips from the canteen gratefully, and hands it off to Serri again* "Thanks."
(12:19:05 AM) D_M: As he reaches out, you realize that his hands are almost black, but have a greenish tint in the sun.
(12:19:06 AM) Serribon: "No problem."
(12:19:14 AM) ***Vargas glances at him. "Well met, stranger. Do you have an anti... dote?"
(12:19:15 AM) D_M: No good, Magnus.
(12:19:49 AM) D_M: You can feel your prayer struggle against the poison in her, but your own distraction prevents you from concentrating. It's been too strange and wild an encount.
(12:19:51 AM) D_M: encounter.
(12:19:59 AM) D_M: Acadia, roll another save.
(12:20:02 AM) ***_Magnus murmurs, "She will need one. I could not deal with this."
(12:20:04 AM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(12:20:04 AM) Servitor-Secundus: Acadia: 29:18+11
(12:20:08 AM) Serribon: "Nice work in there. Good thing its mouth was big enough to live in, yeah?"
(12:20:10 AM) Vargas: +3 bonus from my cloak if applicable
(12:20:15 AM) D_M: Bam!
(12:20:19 AM) D_M: There we go, second save.
(12:20:44 AM) D_M: The deep voice of the cloaked figure bespeaks sadness and compassion as he admits defeat to the poison.
(12:21:04 AM) D_M: Nonetheless, while Acadia remains in miserable shape, and shivers in the cloak, she seems to be holding on.
(12:21:13 AM) D_M: She's stable, for now, if in poor shape.
(12:21:30 AM) D_M: Acadia, your body is shaking with pain. It's like your blood is on fire.
(12:21:33 AM) Serribon: "I always get eaten by things just big enough to do it. Barely get room to poke with a dagger."
(12:21:55 AM) Acadia: Can I cure myself?
(12:22:19 AM) Vargas: (You are cured, you just have stat damage I think)
(12:22:21 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Yuk."
(12:22:37 AM) Acadia: (ohhh cool)
(12:22:40 AM) D_M: You still have HP damage, too.
(12:22:55 AM) D_M: You're just not still taking more poison damage. You stay whre you are, until you are healed or heal.
(12:22:58 AM) ***Vargas looks her over. He says to the stranger, "I think she has stabilized. Acadia, can you hear me?"
(12:23:06 AM) ***_Magnus attempts something else to cure her ails.
(12:23:21 AM) Serribon: "You're telling me."
(12:23:46 AM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cure-critical-wounds
(12:24:06 AM) ***Serribon claps Ibram onthe shoulder, "Come on, I think there's something wrong with the girl."
(12:24:07 AM) ***Acadia tries to mumble "I want the teeth," which comes out more along the lines of "mmbum...teeth..."
(12:24:19 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Sure thing."
(12:24:25 AM) D_M: Vargas, the giant man with the gentle touch and voice begins to do something else that surprises you: He begins to sing. It sounds like a prayer song, like you might hear in an ancient Andro or Elfish temple, only his deep baritone gives it a wholly different quality.
(12:24:26 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *walks after Caddia and V and the rest*
(12:24:39 AM) D_M: Acadia's wounds begin to stich themselves up.
(12:24:53 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Hey guys, everyone make it?"
(12:24:56 AM) Serribon: (opera is always better in the original Klingon)
(12:25:22 AM) ***Vargas nearly gasps. A healer!
(12:25:38 AM) Serribon: What language is he singing in?
(12:26:17 AM) ***_Magnus pulls the water skin from his belt and eases the gnome's head forward to give her drink. The tune continues in low audible tones.
(12:26:52 AM) Vargas: "Everyone made it, Ibram. Are you okay?"
(12:27:01 AM) D_M: Most likely what you call Common, Serribon, the language of Andropolis, which would have been the language of the temple when he was a boy.
(12:27:03 AM) ***Vargas looks up from Acadia to his friend.
(12:27:27 AM) Serribon: "He's fine. The worm thought it would be a good idea to eat him."
(12:27:29 AM) _Magnus: but his local dialect, Serribon.
(12:27:49 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Yeah fine, a little schewed up but you can magic it away later."
(12:27:49 AM) ***Serribon looks down at Acadia, "It went better in his case."
(12:27:50 AM) D_M: There's no doubt about it, Vargas. That enormous jawline. The tusks. The green undertone to the skin... He's an orc-blood.
(12:29:19 AM) ***_Magnus glances around for other worms and then looks at the others. Once he is done dealing with the gnome he attends to the half-elf's wounds.
(12:29:41 AM) Serribon: (heh. the half-elf doesn't have a scratch on him. For once.)
(12:29:41 AM) ***Vargas asks the stranger once he is finished with the gnome, "What's your name, stranger?"
(12:30:23 AM) D_M: It's the human who looks to be dressed in dragon parts who is also wounded. As are you, Magnus.
(12:30:28 AM) D_M: You've been electrically toasted.
(12:31:00 AM) _Magnus: Ibram gets the heal then.
(12:31:44 AM) Vargas: (Does the stranger respond to V's query? Trying to determine if he can understand him or not.)
(12:32:25 AM) ***_Magnus stands and lays a hand on the large man's shoulder. "The call me Magnus." He begins to sing in a strangely melodic tone again.
(12:32:47 AM) _Magnus: Cure Crit Wounds again.
(12:32:58 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Thanks magnus."
(12:33:18 AM) ***Serribon looks up at the rocks and calls to the caravaneers, "That should be all of them. You can come down now."
(12:33:29 AM) Vargas: "Serribon, would you check on the caravan people? Ibram, would you stay with Acadia and Magnus. I am going to return to Miriam, and let her know we are okay, but regrouping is going to take a while."
(12:34:08 AM) D_M: When Vargas touches down, Miriam's all like, "So! What'd I miss?"
(12:34:20 AM) ***Vargas will relate the sit-rep.
(12:34:39 AM) ***Serribon sets about checking the wagons and beasts while/if they come down.
(12:34:54 AM) ***Acadia and Petite cuddle up while Acadia decidedly passes out.
(12:34:56 AM) D_M: Miriam will be all like 0.0 and :-O
(12:35:15 AM) Serribon: (the most shocking tale of all is that Serribon is completely unhurt)
(12:35:16 AM) Vargas: (afk while I prep for bed)
(12:35:45 AM) Marauder_shields: time for me to be a snorelord as well
(12:35:50 AM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Sure, I like not moving."
(12:35:51 AM) ***_Magnus says, "I will be back." The cloaked man takes up his shield once more and returns to get his mule, bringing it back to the group.
(12:36:57 AM) _Magnus: Gathered his quarterstaff as well.
(12:39:17 AM) D_M: All right, people are basically about out of steam, so don't feel like you all have to stay up tonight and RP. The important work of introductions is done.
(12:39:36 AM) D_M: Feel free to play with one another between Sundays, though.
(12:40:04 AM) D_M: If you wish to elaborate on that getting-to-know-the-new-guys dynamic.
(12:40:29 AM) ***_Magnus watches the others present as he straps his shield to the pack on the mule and rests his arms over it. He places a hand to himself and casts a healing spell.
(12:40:58 AM) Acadia: Well, I am sickly (for reals), so I am going to log of for the evening and hit the hey.
(12:41:27 AM) _Magnus: Night, Arcadia. Feel better soon.
(12:42:39 AM) Lathi [~androirc@r75-110-123-103.rmntcmtc02.rcmtnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net] entered the room.
(12:43:43 AM) Acadia: Thank you! Night, all. See you soon for more fun times. :)
(12:43:58 AM) Lathi: See ya
(12:44:40 AM) Vargas: I need sleep too.
(12:44:44 AM) Vargas: Good show, all.
(12:44:57 AM) D_M: Night!
(12:45:12 AM) Vargas left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.88.2 [Firefox 12.0/20120420145725]).
(12:45:16 AM) Lathi: Indeed. This was a good one
(12:47:25 AM) D_M is now known as Ancient
(12:47:34 AM) Ancient: I feel it still wasn't quite right.
(12:47:54 AM) Ancient: Closer, but not quite right.
(12:48:10 AM) Ancient: Though I loved my Great Worm. What a beast.
(12:48:42 AM) Lathi: Closer to what?
(12:48:56 AM) Ancient: To the balance I'm looking for in a single monster encounter.
(12:49:07 AM) Lathi: Ah
(12:49:40 AM) Ancient: I'm pushing up to it slowly so that I don't accidentally overshoot and TPK. Something that can put Ibram in jeopardy without obliterating everyone else.
(12:50:03 AM) Lathi: I dunno. I think it was a good balance. We benefitted from good rolls. It could easily gone the other way.
(12:50:09 AM) Ancient: Without having to go real complex, as I have in the past, with multiple mounted monsters and such.
(12:50:18 AM) Acadia left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving.).
(12:50:30 AM) Marauder_shields: I think what helped us
(12:50:31 AM) Ancient: That's true. The dice were a little ridiculous tonight, in y'all's favor once the fighting wtarted.
(12:50:39 AM) Marauder_shields: Was that we used some tactical spells too
(12:50:54 AM) Marauder_shields: Actually anything with touch attacks
(12:50:58 AM) Marauder_shields: or lots of ranged spells
(12:51:01 AM) Marauder_shields: kills ibram dead
(12:51:08 AM) Marauder_shields: his touch AC is a mighty 12
(12:52:03 AM) Ancient: Well, yes, but notwithstanding Vargas's extreme spell repertoire, balancing against the casters is all part of the equation. You could say I count on Vargas to dampen the monster somewhat to achieve the threat level I'm looking for.

10JUN12b

Clockwork Rivet