12MAY13

[15:33:08] === 1 unknown connection(s)
[15:33:08] =-= User mode for Vargas is now +i
[15:33:10] -->| YOU (Vargas) have joined #beyondshadowrun
[15:33:29] <serribon> "This is the village I was returning from before I was brought here. In my day, they were on the far fringes of the empire - and, in fact, were being plagued by the local feylai. Which is why I was there. If they survived the fall, this may be the exact sort of place you're looking for."
[15:34:03] =-= YOU are now known as Gerhal
[15:34:45] * Acadia looks intently at where Serri is pointing.
[15:35:51] <serribon> "They were beyond the northern front of the empire's war against the Green Horde. But the orcs have already reached the far south at this time, so at least you shouldn't have to worry about that."
[15:36:37] * Acadia is not entirely sure what he's talking about, but she nods anyway.
[15:37:23] <acadia> "Petite and I will go here, then."
[15:41:43] <serribon> "I would suggest following any roads that lead north out of Akor and then those heading west if the way provides. If none do... hm, you probably move slower... let's say, a full turning of the moon, plus a sevenday, and then cut west."
[15:42:56] * Acadia nods. "Go north first. Then west. Is there a point of land that I can look for before I turn?"
[15:45:18] <serribon> "Not easily. This area here was slightly mountainous - not on the scale of the Maidens, where we found the pyramids, but noticeable. The Andropolitan settlements were in the lowlands beyond. But I can't say how the land has changed since then."
[15:45:34] <acadia> (Retcon in answer to Serri asking where she came from: "My tribe lived in the jungles when I was young, but they left to find the Golden City. There were stories of the place, and they did not wan to turn into the monsters that we had heard of.")
[15:45:54] <serribon> "If you do not cross mountain country on your way, you probably haven't gone far enough north."
[15:46:21] * Acadia nods. "Okay."
[15:46:25] -->| Ancient_ (~Ancient@ip98-166-217-172.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[15:46:41] <ancient_> /nick D_M
[15:46:45] <serribon> "I wish I could be more precise - but I haven't been there in this time."
[15:47:14] * Acadia shrugs. "We'll find it."
[15:47:50] <serribon> "You ma have better luck retracing our route along the great bay and looking for that other village. The centaurs seemed like the sort of people who would try to use nature magic."
[15:48:10] <serribon> "But that would also take you closer to the Kervics."
[15:48:41] -->| Solaire (~ThunderHa@c-68-80-213-233.hsd1.nj.comcast.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[15:48:48] <solaire> are you fucking kidding me?
[15:49:38] <ancient_> We started without you.
[15:50:03] * Acadia looks up, thinking. "Okay. The centaur town first, then. We can avoid the Kervs. If we don't find what we need, we'll go here."
[15:50:10] <acadia> (Town names?)
[15:50:33] <solaire> (by all means continue then, I didn't sign up for all day stuff, I was thinking to come in around 5)
[15:50:51] <serribon> "If you go that route, you should be able to cut almost straight east from the northern shores of the bay."
[15:50:57] <ancient_> (I kid, I kid. We've still got plenty of time before game.)
[15:51:04] <acadia> (Riv and I are RPing, no worries. :P )
[15:51:34] <serribon> "They didn't really have them. They were those sorts of village."
[15:51:35] <acadia> (Gotcha.)
[15:52:01] * Acadia nods.
[15:52:37] <serribon> (ah, blanked on the parentheses. pretend one or the other of us was in the correct mode)
[15:52:40] <acadia> (No worries.)
[15:53:11] <acadia> "I will copy these and give them back."
[15:53:21] * Serribon nods.
[15:54:06] <acadia> (That's all I really need, unless you had anything else to address?)
[15:55:12] <serribon> "Oh, and here." He hands you the strip he was working on, "I noticed the strap on the pouch you carry Petite in was looking pretty worn."
[15:56:05] <serribon> "Wouldn't want it snapping in the middle of battle."
[15:57:38] * Acadia takes the strap and looks at it blankly. She mumbles something, "Uh… Erm…. Okay. Thanks," and nods.
[15:58:18] * Acadia sets to replacing her Petite Case strap with the new pretty one.
[15:58:48] <serribon> (it's a bit of the wormhide like he and Ibby made your armor out of)
[15:59:30] <acadia> (Oh, nice! Thanks!)
[15:59:51] =-= Serribon is now known as Rivet_
[16:00:08] * Acadia turns to Serri. "Um, gold?"
[16:00:34] =-= Rivet_ is now known as Serribon
[16:00:35] <serribon> "What?"
[16:00:46] <serribon> "You need a loan, too?"
[16:01:01] <acadia> "No, for the…." *points to the strap*
[16:01:23] <serribon> "Oh. No. It's a gift."
[16:01:39] <gerhal> (is acadia looking for where to find more fey spirits to learn from?)
[16:01:45] <gerhal> (test)
[16:02:01] <serribon> (or druids)
[16:02:03] <acadia> "Oh." *nods* "Okay. Yeah. Good. Thanks."
[16:02:09] * Acadia sets back to work.
[16:02:30] <acadia> (Okay, done now. :P )
[16:03:02] <acadia> (Either/or)
[16:03:44] <serribon> (Serri has put forth the theory that moral magic is based on trying to copy the powers of supernatural creatures - druidic for the fey and other wild spirits, divine from outsiders. He didn't share his idea on arcane magic)
[16:03:51] <serribon> (mortal magic)
[16:04:27] =-= Acadia is now known as Siren
[16:04:47] <siren> (Seems like a good theory to me.)
[16:04:51] <serribon> (and, so, has suggested she look for places druids and shamans would be - namely pockets of civilization on the fringes of the wilderness)
[16:04:55] =-= Serribon is now known as Rivet_
[16:04:59] <gerhal> (What is this theory on arcane magic?)
[16:05:14] <siren> Thanks for the RP, Riv!
[16:05:19] <gerhal> (copying sorcerers?)
[16:05:56] <rivet_> You're welcome
[16:06:47] <siren> Okay. Lunch time for me. I'll be back in a bit!
[16:09:32] <rivet_> (more or less. Though he doesn't know 'sorcerer'. But as there are clearly some mortals who can just "do magic", somebody is bound to have tried to work out a way to do it, too.)
[16:11:57] <gerhal> (I look forward to returning to Herzland. One day V is going to have apprentices, and he's going to have to figure out how much to teach them considering that he knows, beyond a doubt, that the fundamentals taught back home are utterly incomplete.)
[16:12:12] <rivet_> (You almost always find arcane magicians in civilized areas - those divorced from natural and divine influences. And so their arts approach magic as an organized, systematic thing to be studied and subdivided, and categorized.)
[16:12:14] <gerhal> (missing schools of magic and whatnot)
[16:13:49] <rivet_> (Herzland confused him for a while, since they're so wrapped-up in Gott. But then he realized why they don't have clerics - they expect Gott to do what He wants in His own sweet time.)
[16:14:29] <gerhal> (*shrug* Maybe?)
[16:15:12] <gerhal> (Ancient will continue to enjoy keeping us guessing)
[16:16:51] <rivet_> (and, so they turned to arcane magic. Like the pythagoreans - who have so many gods to choose from that all work equally well, that they turned to studying the underlying why and how. Or his own people, who don't do gods and stuff, but believe in an ordered universe.)
[16:17:32] <ancient_> Indeed. The voice of the arrogant pagan is as amusing as the voice of the arrogant monotheist, or the arrogant aetheist.
[16:19:23] <ancient_> Speaking of divine matters: holy mackerel. This dinner is awesome.
[16:19:43] <rivet_> What are you having?
[16:20:46] <rivet_> and did you ever experiment with those thai donuts?
[16:21:59] <ancient_> Not yet! Though thank you for the reminder.
[16:22:08] <rivet_> de nada
[16:22:27] <ancient_> Tonight is a beef burger with sauteed baby bellas and a broccoli thing involving scrambled egg.
[16:22:38] <rivet_> not bad
[16:24:32] <ancient_> To that I can attest first hand.
[16:31:41] <ancient_> Hoo boy! That was delicious.
[17:19:15] |<-->
[17:20:30] -->| Sirens (~Adium@ip70-177-60-3.br.br.cox.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[17:34:50] <gerhal> I hope Bill brought his soundtrack tonight.
[17:35:10] <sirens> It should be epic!
[17:35:53] <solaire> I have
[17:35:55] <solaire> Let us begin
[17:35:58] <solaire> and let the galaxy burn
[17:38:22] <ancient> So whom don't we have?
[17:38:37] <ancient> If we have Gerhal, Rivet, and Bill, I can at least begin the set-up.
[17:38:53] =-= Ancient is now known as D_M
[17:39:18] <gerhal> (I wish to declare my buffs for the raid)
[17:39:23] =-= YOU are now known as Vargas
[17:39:31] <sirens> (As do I!)
[17:39:40] <d_m> So declare 'em already.
[17:39:45] <d_m> And bring on the bot.
[17:40:05] -->| Clockwork (~Clockwork@c-24-30-63-2.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[17:41:09] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXgjM0gGLXQ
[17:41:25] <vargas> (Mage Armor for 11 hours, Darkvision for 11 hours, Stoneskin for 110 minutes, Heroism for 50 minutes)
[17:41:58] <ancient_> Neat!
[17:42:49] <ancient_> All right, in lieu of Rivet, G and Bill listen close:
[17:44:36] <ancient_> When Acadia brought you her aerial reconnaissance report, she described the fort of Danner Kervic, and as she described it, so you now find it upon surmounting the tall palisade wall...
[17:46:28] <ancient_> Inside the wall is what looks to be a single large, compound structure, two, even three stories in places, of mixed timber and stone construction. It is a wilderness fort, probably built upon the ruins and foundations of an ancient Andropolitan outpost, and they are slowly converting it into a "modern" castle.
[17:46:42] <vargas> (Bill, you've got operational command tonight. We're counting on you to lead us to victory!)
[17:48:13] <ancient_> You can see the grand hall that was the first structure raised, two stories with vaulted roof and large double door, and all the utilitarian outbuildings--the barracks, the stables, the storehouses, have been erected around it and expanded and finally merged together with it into a large, militant manor.
[17:48:24] <solaire> (The commander wants his squad or he'll go to the exercise bike)
[17:49:39] <sirens> (Longstrider on P before entering; Spider Climb on me as we get started, and Bull's Str, Cat's Grace on me just before battle, and magic fang on me and P just before battle)
[17:50:16] <vargas> (You had greater magic fang prepped, right? That one is hours per level. So if you've got it, use that one now.)
[17:50:24] <ancient_> Side entrances abound, but there is a span of empty space between where you are at the compound gate and any of those doors into the building proper. Night is full upon you, though, and the yards are lit only with lamps and torches. Guards are here and there, on the wall walk of the palisade, on the roof of the manor, and walking the grounds, but they are not many.
[17:50:35] <vargas> (Longstrider gives Petite a 30' move speed, so the party can go faster)
[17:50:47] <sirens> (Oh you're right. Yeah, I prepped 2, so I can do my bite and P's bite)
[17:51:39] <sirens> (Sorry, magic fang my claws)
[17:51:42] <ancient_> Indeed. If a spell has a duration of hours per level, that's pretty much your queue to cast it early, before battle time starts.
[17:57:26] <vargas> (I think I understand the picture)
[17:58:04] <vargas> (Oh, DM. Add See Invis 110 minutes to that list of predeclared buffs)
[17:58:16] <vargas> (I had it written on my index card)
[17:58:33] <d_m> Hah.
[17:59:56] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHDv1bSCjKc
[18:00:26] <solaire> I cuold have done my work out fully :|
[18:03:16] -->| Nacht (Mibbit@ppp-70-247-167-242.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[18:04:07] <d_m> It's a miracle.
[18:04:09] <d_m> Suit up.
[18:04:14] <vargas> (wow!)
[18:04:15] =-= Sirens is now known as Acadia
[18:04:18] <nacht> So I looked at the wee one and said, "I ATE a BABY!"
[18:04:20] <vargas> (eer, woooo)
[18:04:33] =-= Rivet_ is now known as Serribon
[18:04:52] =-= Nacht is now known as Magnus_
[18:04:56] <serribon> (I have no long, long-term buffs. Spells for the day posted, though)
[18:05:16] <magnus_> (and don't mind me if I can't spell because I have a six pack in me.)
[18:05:56] <vargas> (I can't spell because I suffer from moonlish. Your point? =))
[18:06:19] <d_m> Vargas, whom did you d-step to the top of the wall? The two melee monsters?
[18:06:26] <vargas> (Correct)
[18:06:40] <d_m> Everyone ready?
[18:06:46] <vargas> (rawr)
[18:07:03] <acadia> Ready!
[18:08:44] <serribon> (here and there. but mostly ready)
[18:08:58] <acadia> (Oh also, Animal Growth before battle)
[18:09:01] <acadia> (On P)
[18:10:07] <d_m> The night is dark, a moon showing through a broken cloud layer, and quiet but for your momentary shouted exchange with the guard above the gate. This conversation is cut short when Vargas makes a call, grabs his two burliest flesh-cleavers, and twists the world around so that he and they are atop the wall and adjacent to the guard there.
[18:10:15] <d_m> Initiatives, team.
[18:10:30] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
[18:10:30] <clockwork> Vargas, (init): 12:11+1
[18:10:36] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+7
[18:10:36] <clockwork> Serribon: 13:6+7
[18:10:54] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[18:10:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 10:8+2
[18:11:15] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20
[18:11:16] <clockwork> Magnus_: 11
[18:11:48] <acadia> ,roll 1d20
[18:11:49] <clockwork> Acadia: 3
[18:11:53] <acadia> :(
[18:11:54] <d_m> Serribon, you are adjacent to the guard, who was just turning to look for his supervisor and has found you instead. He is flatfooted, and no small amount of surprised.
[18:14:37] <d_m> Serribon and Ibram, your actions.
[18:15:06] * Serribon cuisinarts him.
[18:15:14] <d_m> Roll it.
[18:15:26] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+18
[18:15:27] <clockwork> Serribon: 28:10+18
[18:15:36] <solaire> Ibram will also lace into him
[18:15:46] <d_m> Feel free to roll full attacks, then.
[18:15:54] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[18:15:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 38:17+21
[18:15:58] <solaire> crit?
[18:15:58] <d_m> I'll let you know if any of your rolls miss.
[18:16:00] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[18:16:01] <clockwork> Solaire: 34:13+21
[18:16:02] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13
[18:16:02] <solaire> crit
[18:16:02] <clockwork> Serribon: 18:5+13
[18:16:06] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+16
[18:16:07] <clockwork> Solaire: 30:14+16
[18:16:11] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+8
[18:16:11] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+11
[18:16:12] <clockwork> Serribon: 16:8+8
[18:16:12] <clockwork> Solaire: 14:3+11
[18:16:12] <d_m> You threaten on a 17? Good heavens. Yes, threat.
[18:16:35] <solaire> (Wait do I? I'm sorry I was thinking of old-timey keen and improved crit)
[18:16:36] <d_m> 16 and 14 bounce off armor.
[18:16:50] <solaire> (Wait do I? I'm sorry I was thinking of old-timey keen and improved crit I think)
[18:16:50] <d_m> 18 hits.
[18:16:55] <magnus_> (It slices, it dices, and makes pizza slices in three..er..nevermind, that's a ninja turtles m
[18:16:57] <vargas> (keen 19-20 becomes 17-20)
[18:17:02] <serribon> ,roll 2d10+16
[18:17:03] <clockwork> Serribon: 27:11+16
[18:17:07] <solaire> (Oh so it does then)
[18:17:09] <solaire> (stabrous)
[18:17:19] <d_m> All right! Roll 'em all.
[18:17:29] <solaire> ,roll 3d8+30
[18:17:29] <clockwork> Solaire: 43:13+30
[18:18:34] <d_m> The two of you blend him smooth. Vargas. You watch as he is hacked down. Team, proceed.
[18:18:43] <vargas> (obviously this is a warmup so Serribon and Ibram can remember their damage rolls.)
[18:19:00] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm46ZiY0KsY
[18:19:03] <d_m> (Aye, that's part of the plan.
[18:19:06] * Vargas checks below to see the bottom door from this side.
[18:19:19] <d_m> Nobody there.
[18:19:26] <serribon> [Can we dispose of the mess?]
[18:19:34] <d_m> Nearest guard is on the wall walk some distance away, going, ? Did I just see something over there?
[18:19:37] * Vargas steps off the wall, and drops with feather fall.
[18:20:06] * Vargas will open the door for his allies on the other side. He leaves Ibram and Serribon to deal with the body.
[18:20:18] <solaire> [yes]
[18:20:20] <d_m> Ibram and Serri, are you going to deal with the body?
[18:20:24] <solaire> (I mean no)
[18:20:27] <solaire> [leave it]
[18:21:32] <d_m> You gents can probably soak a fall from here with maybe 1d6 of damage, or make your way to a nearby staircase, which will bring you closer to another guard.
[18:22:01] <d_m> Magnus and Acadia, the gate bar grinds on the other side of the gate, and then it opens for you.
[18:22:43] * Acadia and P slip inside.
[18:22:55] <serribon> [Then clear out.]
[18:23:14] * Vargas whispers to his allies above, [We're in.]
[18:23:15] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16 (acro, over the edge)
[18:23:16] <clockwork> Serribon, (acro, over the edge): 28:12+16
[18:23:19] * Vargas closes the door.
[18:23:22] <solaire> <ibram> *heads staircase way, he intends to leave very few people alive to sound the alarm, and gesturs for the sphere*
[18:23:29] * Magnus_ slips through and pulls two rings from a pouch, holding them in his hand as he begins a prayer over them.
[18:23:53] * Vargas draws a scroll from his pack, ready waits to speak the words of power for invis sphere on Ibram's command.
[18:24:13] <d_m> Very well, Ibram. You make for the staircase as Serribon drops off the wall walk, catches himself momentarily with his hands on its edge, and then releases himself to fall the rest of the way.
[18:24:14] <solaire> <ibram> *Gestures for it. Best for initial shock and infiltration*
[18:24:41] <serribon> (does that only work within the sphere's radius, or is it basically invisibility, mass?)
[18:24:42] <d_m> Ibram, you meet a guard who is coming to ask you what's going on. It is not until he is adjacent that he is able to determine that you are not one of his allies. The seeming spell is still in effect. Ibram, go.
[18:24:58] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&list=RD02cm46ZiY0KsY&v=ZYjg6QhWjLc&NR=1 (this entire mix works to get adrenaline going)
[18:25:02] <solaire> ibram beats him unconscious
[18:25:19] <d_m> Ibram, easiest thing to do is roll grapple and throw him over the pallisade, for that.
[18:25:31] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+15
[18:25:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 19:4+15
[18:25:34] <d_m> Success.
[18:25:37] <vargas> (You have to stay within 10' of me, Serriberry. But on the plus side, we can all see each other)
[18:25:38] <solaire> thud
[18:25:45] <d_m> Whoops, hold on.
[18:25:51] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+8
[18:25:52] <clockwork> D_M: 20:12+8
[18:25:54] <d_m> Yeah, no.
[18:25:58] <d_m> ok, roll one more time at +5
[18:25:59] <solaire> (damn)
[18:26:03] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+20
[18:26:04] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:12+20
[18:26:10] <d_m> And success to move him.
[18:26:14] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+10
[18:26:15] <clockwork> D_M: 21:11+10
[18:26:19] <d_m> Still fails to resist. Over he goes.
[18:26:29] <d_m> You may proceed down the stairs and rejoin your fellows at the gate.
[18:26:51] <d_m> Sphere of Invis works like this: Everyone who is within the radius when it is cast turns invis, but only remains invis as long as they remain within that radius of the caster.
[18:27:01] <d_m> Vargas, you hold until Ibram trundles into range?
[18:27:13] <vargas> (affirmative)
[18:27:26] * Vargas ashes the scroll, and the party disappears into the night hidden by a magical veil. Vargas whispers, [Stay close.]
[18:27:49] <d_m> Sssssnap! Vargas casts the spell. Nothing seems to happen--but that's because you all can still see each other. To the outside world, you have all just vanished. Where to?
[18:28:08] <d_m> By the way, I forgot to mention!
[18:28:09] <solaire> Ibram has instructed Serri to look for anything tha looks like a surgeon
[18:28:13] <solaire> or medical tent
[18:28:15] <solaire> or a barber
[18:28:40] <vargas> (It's going to be part of that central superstructure Ancient described since all the buildings fused together)
[18:29:25] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (lookie-loo)
[18:29:25] <clockwork> Serribon, (lookie-loo): 31:12+19
[18:29:26] <d_m> Vargas, when you opened the door, Magnus slipped through, followed by a very large alligator, followed by--the door is pushed further open for this--the snout and then the rest of the mass of a huge Dire Bear.
[18:29:55] * Vargas shivers. .oO(Bears)
[18:30:08] <serribon> (somehow, I think that may be a bit bigger than the sphere - unless we ride them)
[18:30:37] <d_m> Serribon, you've got the main entrance to the main hall, one or two utility side doors, one area that is clearly a barracks with an external door, and a stables entrance.
[18:31:14] <vargas> (If they don't fit, Serribon and Ibram will just have to take the front visible. Carry on, leaders)
[18:31:16] <d_m> You can keep your eye out for medical or hygiene-related areas as you go, though. I'll track it.
[18:31:26] * Serribon points and signals [Barracks. Stables. Fire either/or.]
[18:32:31] <solaire> <ibram> [barracks, fire stables]
[18:33:17] <d_m> You are moving toward the barracks door, then?
[18:33:18] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (stealth)
[18:33:18] <clockwork> Serribon, (stealth): 27:8+19
[18:33:21] * Acadia summons ally: small fire elementals
[18:33:31] * Magnus_ holds an open palm before Vargas with two blue floating rings, one large and one small.
[18:33:34] <d_m> Roll the numbers, Acadia.
[18:33:37] <serribon> (I have alchemists fire)
[18:33:41] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shield-other
[18:33:48] <d_m> Done, Magnus.
[18:33:53] * Vargas grabs the smaller rink, and winks at Magnus.
[18:34:18] <d_m> Acadia, roll.
[18:34:25] <serribon> (actually, scratch the stealth. forgot we're disguised)
[18:34:31] * Magnus_ wears the larger one and the blue glow fades out, V will notice the same when he dons his.
[18:34:36] <acadia> ,roll 1d3
[18:34:36] <clockwork> Acadia: 2
[18:34:46] <d_m> You summon them at the Stables entrance?
[18:34:56] <acadia> Yes, sir.
[18:36:15] <d_m> After a moment of invisible decision making, a decision is made. Acadia takes a hint and some initiative, and quickly casts a spell. A reddish glow appears under the stable eaves, a summoning circle in the dirt. Out of it arise two flame spirits taking physical form. Acadia calls to them a quick command.
[18:36:54] <d_m> Brrk appears. "I go there too? Kill the horses?"
[18:37:17] <d_m> She is already going even as she asks the question, heading off along the bottom of the wall in the shadows.
[18:37:18] <solaire> <ibram> "Find dogs, kill dogs. Let horses run around and scare dogs."
[18:37:26] <d_m> "Yes, king!"
[18:38:00] <serribon> "Hobble the horses if they get in your way. We don't want riders escaping.]
[18:38:34] <d_m> The rest of you race across the open space toward the barracks door. Some interrogative calls are beginning to go up here and there, from the wall walk and from the roof of the manner. Not an alarm yet. Just confusion. You reach the barracks door. Crack it open?
[18:39:35] <d_m> It is not locked. Anyone who peaks in with Dark Vision can see a couple score bunks. Most of them are occupied. There is one other door in there.
[18:39:49] <d_m> What's your play?
[18:40:14] * Magnus_ whispers
[18:40:20] <serribon> [Gas them?]
[18:40:22] <magnus_> "lot of sleeping guys"
[18:40:38] <vargas> [Ibram, command?]
[18:41:07] <d_m> (Vargas, please link Sphere of Invis, I'm having trouble finding it.)
[18:41:25] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/invisibility-sphere
[18:41:28] <serribon> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/invisibility-sphere)
[18:41:47] <d_m> Thanks.
[18:42:20] <solaire> [gas]
[18:43:21] <d_m> You know that the gas will wake the ones it doesn't kill. Do you wish to enter after the gas, attempt to bar this door, or just hit and run?
[18:43:38] <solaire> enter afer the gas
[18:43:46] <solaire> actually hold on
[18:43:53] <solaire> [serri grab one]
[18:43:54] <d_m> Ask away.
[18:43:56] <vargas> (You know the gas moves)
[18:44:02] <d_m> (true.)
[18:44:04] <solaire> [we'll have a quick talk]
[18:45:32] <d_m> Ibram, if you wish to interrogate one, you'll want to take cover somewhere. You can go left, to the stables which are about to be on fire, or right, to the Main Hall entrance, or another utility door beyond that. Or you can go in.
[18:45:51] <serribon> [Where?]
[18:45:54] <solaire> Main hall entrance
[18:46:01] <solaire> <ibram> *Gestures to the main hall*
[18:46:06] <vargas> (ok, gassing the barracks, and go to main hall?)
[18:46:19] <solaire> (No, belay gassing, just having serri grab one)
[18:46:56] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc,)
[18:46:57] <clockwork> Serribon, (perc,): 28:9+19
[18:47:11] <serribon> (looking for the best victim. a sleeper not in easy eyeline with a waker)
[18:47:14] <d_m> Serribon, if you wish to grab one, there's one near the door here. Grapple check to get him in a lock and drag him out.
[18:47:53] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16 (grap)
[18:47:53] <clockwork> Serribon, (grap): 27:11+16
[18:48:28] <d_m> You've got him. He awakes with a start. Serribon, roll again to drag him back through the door.
[18:48:40] <solaire> [now gas, v]
[18:48:42] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[18:48:42] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:1+21
[18:48:49] <serribon> (...)
[18:48:51] <d_m> Oh no!
[18:48:56] <d_m> He slips loose!
[18:48:58] <d_m> Vargas?
[18:49:15] <vargas> (Does the dude break free from Serribon?)
[18:49:21] <serribon> (yes)
[18:49:47] * Vargas can't let it get out this fast. He pokes his head in the door, and channels the power of his magic ring. He conjures foul lethal vapors of a killing cloud such that it will drift down the hall, killing as it goes. The killing cloud will slowly crawl forward like a heavy pocket of nerve gas.
[18:49:59] <d_m> Ibram is calling for gas, V. Serribon, your captive just broke free. Do you go after him, or call it a loss?
[18:50:29] <serribon> (how far could he have gotten? I grabbed him out of a dead sleep?)
[18:50:30] <d_m> The gas is released.
[18:50:36] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16 (grap)
[18:50:36] <clockwork> Serribon, (grap): 22:6+16
[18:50:47] <d_m> He's only just stumbled free. Roger, good grab. The gas is now around you.
[18:50:57] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[18:50:58] <clockwork> Serribon: 29:8+21
[18:51:05] <serribon> (to drag him)
[18:51:06] <d_m> Ugly and sickening even in the dark. He starts to choke, as you drag him backwards.
[18:51:23] <d_m> Serribon and his captive are out.
[18:51:26] <d_m> Magnus can pull the door closed.
[18:51:33] <vargas> (Serribon and Vargas are now visible)
[18:51:37] <magnus_> (and does)
[18:51:57] <serribon> (isn't Hold Portal a very basic spell? And Serri was always visible. the sphere went towards the animal squad)
[18:52:10] <serribon> (I thought)
[18:52:16] <d_m> You hear the commotion rising inside. It's ugly. You've done this once before, on a tent. This is an order of magnitude worse.
[18:52:27] <serribon> (also on the deck of a ship)
[18:52:32] * Vargas produces one of his two Hold Portal scrolls. He seals the door and the scroll turns to ash.
[18:52:45] * Vargas points at Ibram. [Command?]
[18:52:59] <solaire> [talk to our new friend]
[18:53:08] <d_m> To the main hall, then?
[18:53:13] <vargas> [Inside?]
[18:53:13] <solaire> yes
[18:53:27] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21 (drag)
[18:53:27] <clockwork> Serribon, (drag): 27:6+21
[18:53:57] <vargas> (The DC for this spell is worse than the one I did on the tent. DC 20 this time)
[18:54:02] <d_m> Link
[18:54:15] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cloudkill
[18:54:29] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-portal (on the barrack door)
[18:55:08] <d_m> You all move toward the main hall entrance. The man in Serribon's choke hold is struggling and hacking, but he's hanging on to life. At the tall double-doors... they are locked! From the inside!
[18:56:29] * Acadia warps wood
[18:56:39] <solaire> <ibram> *would have ibram smashed if not for that*
[18:57:29] <d_m> One of the great wings creaks tremendously and cracks, and then kind of swings outward a little. You are able to freely pull it open and slip in.
[18:57:39] <vargas> (*high fives Acadia for the Warp Wood*)
[18:57:45] <d_m> GUPCs.
[18:57:55] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
[18:57:55] <clockwork> Vargas, (perc): 34:17+17
[18:57:56] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[18:57:57] <clockwork> Serribon: 29:10+19
[18:57:57] <solaire> Ibram punches thefuck out of her
[18:57:58] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+14
[18:57:58] <clockwork> Acadia: 18:4+14
[18:58:01] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+5
[18:58:01] <clockwork> Magnus_: 25:20+5
[18:58:06] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[18:58:07] <clockwork> Solaire: 14:12+2
[18:58:16] * Acadia looks at Ibram in bear surprise
[18:58:22] <solaire> (There is a maid)
[18:58:30] <d_m> No GUPC is needed to see the maid staring agape at you all. Ibram got advanced notice because he is on point.
[18:58:44] <d_m> Ibram, roll punch.
[18:58:47] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[18:58:47] <clockwork> Solaire: 33:16+17
[18:58:50] <solaire> ibram paunch
[18:58:56] <d_m> Roll damage.
[18:59:02] <solaire> ,roll 1d3+4
[18:59:03] <clockwork> Solaire: 5:1+4
[18:59:12] <vargas> (Punch is a player skill for Bill. Not a class skill, or a character skill. It's a player skill.)
[18:59:28] <acadia> (maxed out)
[18:59:29] <solaire> (lol I blame kung fu or kenpo)
[18:59:38] <d_m> She falls to her bum in shock, but she's still conscious.
[18:59:45] <magnus_> (I blame Jet Li movies)
[18:59:47] <solaire> <ibram> *follows with a knee to the face*
[18:59:57] <solaire> <ibram> *seems to be inclined NOT to kill her*
[19:00:24] <d_m> Vargas, Serribon, Magnus, the hall is basically empty and dark. The maid was finishing the post-dinner cleanup by the light of a candle which has now fallen to the floor and extinguished.
[19:00:38] <d_m> Roll another attack and damage.
[19:00:44] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[19:00:45] <clockwork> Solaire: 28:11+17
[19:00:46] <d_m> Hit.
[19:00:47] <solaire> ,roll 1d3+4
[19:00:48] <clockwork> Solaire: 5:1+4
[19:02:06] <d_m> I guess Ibram really is pulling his punches. But he knocks her senseless as the rest of the team moves into the main hall. There are two doors in here, at the far end of the hall. One to the left, in the direction of the barracks. One to the right, toward whatever is on the east end of the manor.
[19:02:50] <acadia> (Can I recall seeing anything distinctive looking on the East side from bird view?)
[19:03:06] <d_m> You all can also hear cries, now, going up outside. Cries about fire and intruders in the stables.
[19:04:13] <d_m> The east end of the manor is the three-story area. It seems to be just rooms. Like the actual house part of the house.
[19:04:49] <vargas> (ok, talk to our prisoner?)
[19:04:56] <solaire> [Magnus, stabilize, serri, watch, we need to talknow, get into a closet or something tight if we can]
[19:06:04] * Magnus_ helps the guy with a quick bit of healing knowledge.
[19:06:06] <d_m> There are no closets in here, so you'll have to make for one of the two inner doors. Toward the barracks, or away from?
[19:06:33] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+11
[19:06:33] <clockwork> Magnus_: 25:14+11
[19:06:37] <magnus_> (heal)
[19:07:04] <vargas> (I'd say, away from fire.)
[19:07:05] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (stealth, with an eye towards the best view of the room)
[19:07:05] <clockwork> Serribon, (stealth, with an eye towards the best view of the room): 32:13+19
[19:07:13] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
[19:07:13] <clockwork> Serribon, (perc): 31:12+19
[19:07:47] <d_m> The fire is on the far west end of the compound. The barracks are between you and the fire, just west of where you are now. So Vargas recommends going east.
[19:08:51] <solaire> <ibram> *Gestures away from the fire*
[19:08:53] <d_m> Serribon, you scoot forward through the hall, checking under the tables for anyone sleeping there, and then checking the door to the west. It is unlocked. beyond it is a corridor, and on the other side of that corridor is the barracks sleeping area. People are already spilling into the corridor there, choking and suffering, struggling to live.
[19:09:25] <d_m> The team starts moving toward the other door, eastward.
[19:09:38] <d_m> Serribon, you hear a click and turn around, and there's a dog looking at you, growling.
[19:09:48] <solaire> (dammit brrk)
[19:10:00] <d_m> Roll init, Serri.
[19:10:05] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+7
[19:10:05] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:15+7
[19:10:07] <d_m> ,roll 1d20
[19:10:08] <clockwork> D_M: 5
[19:10:09] <d_m> You win.
[19:10:23] <d_m> You may act.
[19:10:24] <serribon> range?
[19:10:27] <d_m> 10'.
[19:10:45] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+18
[19:10:46] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:12+18
[19:10:48] <d_m> Hit.
[19:10:51] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+11
[19:10:51] <clockwork> Serribon: 19:8+11
[19:10:56] <d_m> Also hit.
[19:11:17] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+8 (that last shoud have been +13. wrong block)
[19:11:17] <clockwork> Serribon, (that last shoud have been +13. wrong block): 25:17+8
[19:11:25] <d_m> Hits.
[19:11:26] <serribon> ,roll 3d10+24
[19:11:28] <clockwork> Serribon: 41:17+24
[19:11:34] <d_m> Skewered.
[19:11:50] <d_m> The rest of the team reaches the eastern door. Ibram, you crack it open, and the corridor beyond is dark and quiet.
[19:11:56] * Serribon drags the dog's carcass under the nearest table.
[19:12:03] <d_m> Magnus, your captive is alive and starting to breath normally again.
[19:12:21] <d_m> Serribon, you hear people approaching the western door from the other side, survivors of the barracks trying to get clear of the fog.
[19:12:29] <solaire> <ibram> *Knife under the bridge of his nose* "Where's miriam? Where's her body?"
[19:12:57] <serribon> How big is/are the table(s)?
[19:13:01] <d_m> Big.
[19:13:03] <d_m> Heavy.
[19:13:26] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+20
[19:13:26] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:12+20
[19:13:29] * Vargas signs Serribon, [Bar the outer doors?]
[19:13:48] <serribon> (I think you're in a different room now)
[19:13:54] <vargas> (ok, nvm. Sorry)
[19:13:55] <d_m> Nah, still in the main hall.
[19:14:05] <d_m> Unless you're proceeding into the corridor beyond the eastern door.
[19:14:10] <d_m> Ibram throws the captive up against the wall beside the eastern door while the rest of the team deals with security.
[19:14:35] <serribon> [With what? Bear broke it.]
[19:14:40] * Magnus_ grabs the nearest chair and locks it up against the western door.
[19:14:48] <d_m> He struggles to focus, but clarity comes quickly at the edge of a knife. He stammers, "Wh-who? Who is that?"
[19:14:52] <vargas> [Serribon, Acadia, can we jam this door with the table?]
[19:15:17] <serribon> [If she can push, I can assist.]
[19:15:21] * Acadia moves to a table, getting ready to shove it with her big bear shoulders
[19:15:22] <d_m> You have the western door, which is a small interior door that opens into the main hall. You can block it with a chair or table.
[19:15:28] <d_m> Give it a shove.
[19:15:34] <magnus_> (done)
[19:15:40] <serribon> (ah, I thought they were coming through the main door)
[19:15:45] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+7
[19:15:45] <clockwork> Acadia: 25:18+7
[19:15:49] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+4 (str)
[19:15:49] <clockwork> Serribon, (str): 20:16+4
[19:16:01] <d_m> Ibram, you might need a few rounds with this guy to get the info you need. As soon as you can, you'd best move on and find that private space you were looking for.
[19:16:20] <solaire> <ibram> *will grab and drag, knife poised, snake eater style*
[19:16:56] <d_m> Roger. Team burly-folk, you all cooperate to heave a great dining table against the western door while Magnus holds it shut against the people struggling against the other side.
[19:17:19] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27hoZtYEDA
[19:17:23] <d_m> To the south, the great double doors stand broken. Closed, but not locked. However, there is no activity there. All attention in the yards is going toward the far west for now.
[19:17:54] <d_m> Ibram, you check into the eastern corridor again, and it's still dark and empty. Knife to captive, you proceed that way. Do you have dark vision or a light source?
[19:18:17] <solaire> yeah, he's got the perma-light that ol V put on his stuff
[19:18:36] <d_m> A bell is ringing now, somewhere outside. They're trying to raise the alarm. Why is no one coming out of the barracks? they are no doubt wondering.
[19:19:29] |<-->
[19:19:30] <d_m> Roger. In the pale magic light, you can see a couple of doors along this place. These are probably servants quarters, kitchens, stuff like that on this level. More important people would live on the upper floors, if this is a Herzish style of manor.
[19:19:50] <d_m> The rest of the team, you make your way toward the eastern door to follow Ibram. GUPCS.
[19:19:58] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[19:19:58] <clockwork> Serribon: 38:19+19
[19:19:59] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
[19:20:01] <clockwork> Vargas, (perc): 28:11+17
[19:20:36] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+5
[19:20:37] <clockwork> Magnus_: 13:8+5
[19:21:07] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[19:21:08] <clockwork> Solaire: 3:1+2
[19:21:14] <d_m> Serribon, the woman Ibram knocked senseless near the south (main) door is starting to come to consciousness, because concussions don't just make people sleep forever. She moves a little, and groans.
[19:21:33] * Vargas reaches into his pack. His cane is fastened to his belt, and weapon hand now holds a scroll of haste instead.
[19:21:37] <d_m> Ibram, you're in the corridor. You've got a door across from you, smells like kitchen. Another door further down, to your right, you don't know what.
[19:22:20] <solaire> Further down door, kitchen may have people in it
[19:22:31] <d_m> Roger.
[19:22:32] * Vargas proceeds to start following Ibram. [Come Magnus, Acadia]
[19:23:03] <d_m> Vargas, Magnus, Acadia, and Petite, you all reach the eastern door and enter the dark corridor, following Ibram toward a door a little to the south.
[19:23:42] * Serribon puts Power Violence away and draws Obelisong. With a softly murmered "chirbit" he swings the blade at the maid.
[19:23:43] <d_m> Serribon, you follow? She probably still hasn't seen much beyond what she saw before Ibram's fist met her face on ingress, but...
[19:23:54] <d_m> Merciful?
[19:23:57] <d_m> Or not?
[19:24:05] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+17
[19:24:05] <clockwork> Serribon: 34:17+17
[19:24:08] <serribon> (mercy)
[19:24:15] <d_m> No roll necessary. This is coup de grace.
[19:24:25] <d_m> Roll crit damage.
[19:24:39] <serribon> ,roll 6d6+14
[19:24:40] <clockwork> Serribon: 40:26+14
[19:24:54] <vargas> (I didn't realize you named the merciful greatsword. Cool)
[19:25:06] -->| Sirens (~Adium@ip70-177-60-3.br.br.cox.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[19:25:19] <sirens> (Sorry, internet flaked)
[19:25:36] <serribon> His eyes begin to glow like banked coals in the darkness.
[19:25:42] <serribon> (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/clockwork/items/obelisong)
[19:26:12] <d_m> Serribon, you behead her. For a moment, you see the blade go snicker-snack through her neck, and her head comes loose, but it's only an illusion. Somehow she flops to the floor again intact, eyes open but breathing steadily. Comatose for now.
[19:26:30] <d_m> You may turn and dash over the tables to the eastern door to follow.
[19:26:41] * Serribon does so.
[19:26:59] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16 (acro)
[19:26:59] <clockwork> Serribon, (acro): 23:7+16
[19:27:05] <serribon> With style.
[19:27:22] <sirens> (Um, fill in on outside channel?)
[19:27:22] <d_m> Ibram, you reach your target door. It is not locked. Inside, your light shines upon a store room. There is a door to the left which probably goes into the kitchen. This room contains barrels and crates of provisions and the like.
[19:27:40] <solaire> <ibram> *interrogating time*
[19:28:04] <d_m> You throw him down over a crate, then, and start again. "I don't know who that is!" he cries, throwing up his hands.
[19:29:42] <solaire> <ibram> "Where's DANNER?"
[19:29:47] <solaire> <ibram> *punch*
[19:30:09] <d_m> The man gasps. "Who--who are you?" he groans.
[19:30:24] <solaire> <ibram> *removes his helmet* "His worst nightmare."
[19:31:06] <d_m> The young soldier swallows. "I'm not telling you anything!" he hisses. "Go to hell!"
[19:31:23] <solaire> <ibram> *punch* "one more chance, or I make your mum cry over your grave."
[19:31:28] * Sirens growls
[19:31:32] * Serribon enters the room - a greenish-brown blur with two glowing red pinpoints in the head-region.
[19:31:32] <solaire> <ibram> *brandishes the knife*
[19:31:50] <serribon> "What makes you think you aren't already there?"
[19:32:06] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13 (intimidate)
[19:32:06] <clockwork> Serribon, (intimidate): 20:7+13
[19:32:24] <d_m> The soldier looks at the knife, looks at Serribon, looks at Acadia, looks at Ibram...
[19:32:25] <d_m> ,roll 1d20
[19:32:25] <d_m> Er, bot?
[19:32:25] <clockwork> D_M: 14
[19:32:30] <d_m> Heh, there it is.
[19:32:31] <solaire> .roll 1d20+20
[19:32:35] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+20
[19:32:35] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:2+20
[19:32:45] <solaire> oh my bad
[19:32:46] <solaire> 24
[19:32:50] <vargas> (I must be a little laggy or something)
[19:32:51] <solaire> thanks for the plus serribon
[19:32:54] <d_m> And he steels himself. He shakes his head. What's your roll for, Ibram?
[19:33:00] <d_m> Oh, Intimidate.
[19:33:01] <d_m> roger.
[19:33:21] <sirens> ,me walks up and puts a paw on one shoulder, grabbing the mans wrist with her mouth.
[19:33:35] <sirens> (oops, /me)
[19:33:43] <solaire> <ibram> "Bite 'im."
[19:34:01] <d_m> But yeah, he shakes his head. Not gonna talk. And then Acadia comes down on his upper body and takes his lower arm in tooth.
[19:34:05] <d_m> Acadia, do you bite down?
[19:34:13] * Sirens bites down into the wrist, and pulls at his arm away from the socket slowly.
[19:34:29] <d_m> The man screams. It's loud.
[19:34:38] * Vargas is standing watch listening to seconds crawl by at the speed of an advancing glacier.
[19:34:49] <d_m> Roger, Vargas. Nothing yet.
[19:35:20] * Sirens stops pulling, waiting on Ibram's word.
[19:35:30] <solaire> <ibram> "Where is he?"
[19:35:45] <d_m> Tears stream from his eyes, and he gasps for breath. He works his mouth, trying to remember how to speak.
[19:35:59] <solaire> <ibram> *Gestures for her to let up, since he's apparently talking*
[19:36:36] <d_m> He huffs and chokes. "I c... I can't..."
[19:36:50] <solaire> <ibram> "You don't know?"
[19:37:00] <solaire> <ibram> "Or you won't tell?"
[19:37:03] <d_m> "I don't know!"
[19:37:07] * Sirens squeezes her mouth closed again, just the slightest bit.
[19:37:40] <solaire> <ibram> "Serri."
[19:37:40] <serribon> "Yes?"
[19:37:40] <solaire> <ibram> *makes the hit him gesture*
[19:38:32] <serribon> (is that the punch gesture or weapony gesture?)
[19:38:33] <solaire> (Merciful greatsword)
[19:38:55] * Serribon swings the sword 'round and towards the prisoner.
[19:39:03] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+17
[19:39:03] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:13+17
[19:39:13] <d_m> ,roll 1d20
[19:39:13] <clockwork> D_M: 5
[19:39:17] <d_m> "WAIT!" he screams.
[19:39:26] <solaire> <ibram> *will get in the way with his shield*
[19:39:34] <d_m> Clang.
[19:39:36] <solaire> <ibram> "Oh?"
[19:39:41] <solaire> <ibram> *knife under his nose*
[19:39:42] * Serribon twists away at the last second to catch it on the flat.
[19:39:43] <d_m> "Upstairs..." the man sobs.
[19:39:50] <solaire> <ibram> "Good lad."
[19:40:05] <serribon> "You've asked him about the girl?"
[19:40:07] <solaire> <ibram> *conks him on the head with the hilt*
[19:40:15] <solaire> <ibram> "He didn't know. We're going for danner."
[19:41:02] <d_m> You give him a concussion that stops his immediate struggles. Bear in mind, though, he knows how many you are, and where you're going.
[19:41:42] <d_m> Vargas, GUPC.
[19:41:56] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (forget my heroism bonus last time)
[19:41:56] <clockwork> Vargas, (forget my heroism bonus last time): 33:14+19
[19:42:07] <solaire> <ibram> *oh well. His amount of fucks is expended, and so they continue upstairs, drawing BOTH his longswords now. It's party time*
[19:42:31] <serribon> (And, lo, not a single fuck was given that day.)
[19:42:56] <sirens> (You said we're looking at mostly wood construction here, correct? How about floors?)
[19:43:10] <d_m> Nice! There's still no sign of immediate trouble in the corridor, Vagas. The sounds of alarm are distant. You do hear someone moving down the corridor a ways, though, past the kitchen. You see someoe coming with a candle, probably a servant.
[19:43:45] <serribon> (If he's down, I can coup him with the sword, yes?)
[19:43:55] <d_m> Acadia, on the ground floor there is some flagstone and some wooden board. Above you, though, the ceilings are wooden, and presumably most of the upper level construction is as well.
[19:43:59] <d_m> Yes, Serri.
[19:44:02] <d_m> For a more permanent coma.
[19:44:03] <solaire> <ibram> [take them down.] *he gestures to candle guy*
[19:44:12] * Vargas ducks into the room. [Company is coming, servent]
[19:44:25] <serribon> ,roll 6d6+14
[19:44:25] <clockwork> Serribon: 34:20+14
[19:44:35] <d_m> Posts swapped. Ibram responds by gesturing to take them down, Vargas.
[19:44:49] <d_m> Magnus has apparently dropped, so he's on autopilot.
[19:45:13] <serribon> [On it.]
[19:45:24] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (stealth)
[19:45:24] <clockwork> Serribon, (stealth): 31:12+19
[19:45:43] <d_m> Serribon runs the captive through. Serribon, you can move into the hallway, or you can go through the side door into the kitchen and try to flank them.
[19:45:58] <d_m> But you don't know who or what is in the kitchen, though if someone was in there, they probably would have heard the interrogation ruckus by now.
[19:46:23] <serribon> Moving into the hallway.
[19:46:25] * Vargas is a little shocked, he does the first thing that comes to mind. He casts Magic Missile on the guy with the candle.
[19:46:37] <d_m> Acadia, Int check.
[19:46:48] <vargas> (V is so hurt doing this, but no room for hesitation)
[19:46:59] <serribon> (I already indicated I was taking him out)
[19:47:01] <sirens> ,roll 1d20
[19:47:02] <clockwork> Sirens: 5
[19:47:05] <sirens> heh
[19:47:07] <vargas> (Did you, SErribon?)
[19:47:38] <d_m> He did say [On it.] before you posted your Magic Missile, so technically you can have a retcon.
[19:47:52] <vargas> (ok)
[19:47:53] <serribon> (that's ok. He can shoot faster than I can slink. and he need some more deaths on his conscience)
[19:47:55] <d_m> If you would like to abort your shot just before pulling the tigger, you may.
[19:47:57] <d_m> trigger, rather.
[19:47:58] <solaire> (Yeah, he wanted serri to do it)
[19:48:24] <vargas> (If the body language of Ibram suggested Serribon, then ok. If his body language was Vargas, Vargas would shoot first)
[19:48:25] <serribon> (and me no conjugate verb)
[19:48:50] <d_m> Hehehe, this one goes to Serribon. Serri, you slip past Vargas into the hallway, allowing Vargas to abort the shot with a moment of relief.
[19:49:08] <solaire> (Ibram generally seems inclined not to kill servants or guards he's got a chance to not kill. He does kill initial guard contacts dead though)
[19:49:25] <d_m> The person holding the candle hefts it up to see who is coming. Serribon, roll a charge attack.
[19:49:30] * Vargas uses a scroll of Human Bane on Ibram's primary sword. (3 minute duration) [Ready to move.]
[19:49:59] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[19:49:59] <clockwork> Serribon: 38:19+19
[19:50:06] <serribon> (threat)
[19:50:09] <d_m> The rest of you, in the corridor, you can go south toward the front of the compound or north toward the back, looking for a stairwell.
[19:50:15] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[19:50:16] <clockwork> Serribon: 37:18+19
[19:50:20] <d_m> Acadia can't remember seeing where the stairwell might have been from the outside.
[19:50:26] <serribon> (confirmed, I imagine?)
[19:50:32] <sirens> (Sigh)
[19:51:00] <serribon> ,roll 6d6+14
[19:51:00] <clockwork> Serribon: 27:13+14
[19:51:01] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+13 (k. engineering for best place to find a stairwell)
[19:51:01] <clockwork> Vargas, (k. engineering for best place to find a stairwell): 27:14+13
[19:51:14] <d_m> Crit, Serribon. The candle is held by a human boy of ten or eleven years. There is a woman behind him. You slice him in half--but the illusion is fleeting and he drops like a sack of potatoes, comatose. The servant woman screams as the candle light goes out.
[19:51:29] <d_m> Vargas, you would guess north, toward the back.
[19:51:45] <vargas> [Ibram, we need to go north, that way. Most likely place to get up.]
[19:51:58] <serribon> (if it was candle light, I would have seen her clearly, yes?)
[19:52:05] <serribon> (low-light vision and all)
[19:52:07] <d_m> Yeah, you got a good look.
[19:52:13] <solaire> <ibram> *nods and gestures north, letting Serri make the call on the girl*
[19:52:18] <d_m> You can still fight. Blindfight and all that.
[19:52:32] <serribon> (chance to redirect and target her first, as the bigger target?)
[19:52:52] <d_m> Nah, nor necessary.
[19:53:01] <serribon> ('kay)
[19:53:17] <d_m> You had to hit one of them first. She is flatfooted, so you can attack again or not.
[19:53:25] <d_m> The rest of you must get past Serribon and his battle to go north.
[19:54:21] <serribon> "He lives. Take him and leave this place if you wish to do the same."
[19:54:31] * Serribon says in his best Caiman voice.
[19:54:52] <d_m> She stares at Serribon for a moment, and then she scrambles for the door to the main hall, leaving the kid to rot.
[19:55:06] <vargas> [Go! Go!]
[19:55:16] * Serribon sighs.
[19:55:19] <d_m> The rest of you pile into the corridor in order of march and make your way toward the north end.
[19:55:24] <d_m> Serribon and Ibram on point again?
[19:55:30] <serribon> (yes)
[19:55:42] <d_m> The bear fills the entire corridor to its ceiling, bringing up the rear.
[19:56:24] <solaire> (yes)
[19:56:39] <d_m> You pass another door which is cracked ajar, terrified eyes peeping through. The door slams shut as you go by.
[19:56:44] <d_m> Ignore it?
[19:56:50] <sirens> (OH! By the by, bear has scent, so I'll be keeping a nose out for any trace of Miriam)
[19:56:56] <d_m> (Roger!)
[19:57:01] <sirens> (Sorry, meant to mention that earlier)
[19:57:32] <d_m> Continue past the door or deal with it?
[19:57:57] <serribon> For now. If it were guards, they'd probably say something. If it's servants, they'll probably stay put.
[19:58:20] <serribon> Speed is the watchword
[19:58:20] <d_m> Serribon rushes right by the door as it closes and presently arrives at a spiral staircase at the north end of the dark corridor.
[19:58:59] <d_m> There is another doorway here, to the left, which is closed. You don't know what is beyond. The stairwell, meanwhile, is open, dark, and tight, going up to the second floor.
[19:59:08] <serribon> [Someone have Acadia snarl and paw at the door a bit. Should keep their heads down.]
[19:59:24] * Sirens does so.
[19:59:33] =-= Sirens is now known as Acadia
[19:59:39] * Vargas moves to keep up with the forwards, Magnus in tow.
[19:59:43] <acadia> (Didn't realize I wasn't in costume)
[20:00:16] <serribon> [Stairs are a chokepoint. Suggestions on keeping it open?]
[20:00:53] <vargas> [Don't bother, go! I am the escape vector.]
[20:01:44] <d_m> An aside: "I'm going to look!" "No, wait--" "I'm going too!" The woman and the boy slipped out of the servants' quarters and crept down the hallway. "There's someone there. Hey, who--" The boy was cut down. The woman screamed. The other servants, watching through the door, held their breath as the candle went out. They heard a voice offer the woman a chance to escape, much to their surprise.
[20:02:32] <solaire> <ibram> *storms up the stairs,* "We've got to get to danner."
[20:02:34] <d_m> They continued to listen into the dark--and suddenly a presence swept past them. They pulled the door closed in a panic and fell back. Something terrible and heavy struck it from the other side. There was a moment of commotion outside.
[20:02:53] <d_m> And then something horrid snuffling at the crack under the door. And then silence.
[20:03:04] <d_m> Ibram, you rush past Serribon and power up the stairs.
[20:03:25] <serribon> (and when they open it 10 minutes later, huge gouges raked out of the other side)
[20:03:30] <d_m> Your magic candlelight preceeds you, ever pushing back the shadows of the tight spiral stair as you take the steps three at a time.
[20:03:35] <d_m> (You know it.)
[20:03:48] <d_m> Ibram, Init check.
[20:04:27] <d_m> You come face to face with a burly, bearded man in pants and a tunic, carrying a sword and lantern.
[20:04:50] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:04:50] <clockwork> D_M: 22:20+2
[20:05:00] <d_m> Oh boy. Roll your init, Ibram.
[20:05:10] <vargas> (Well somebody was drinking coffee tonight)
[20:05:22] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:05:22] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:20+2
[20:05:25] <d_m> !!!!
[20:05:26] <vargas> (!!!!!!)
[20:05:28] <d_m> Roll tie-breaker!
[20:05:31] * Serribon pauses at the foot of the stairs, waiting for Ibram to secure a landing.
[20:05:33] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:05:34] <clockwork> D_M: 14:12+2
[20:05:37] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:05:37] <clockwork> Solaire: 18:16+2
[20:06:00] <vargas> (Gentlemen, this is how Link's Uncle died that one night. Ganon had nothing to do with it)
[20:06:02] <serribon> (Ok. So not only has Ibram rolled an init over 3 every instance tonight, he critted it)
[20:06:16] <d_m> HA! It is a moment in slow motion, as you both realize the situation and respond on instinct. He is going to throw his oil lamp in your face, but you are a split second faster.
[20:06:32] <d_m> Make your move, Ibram.
[20:06:36] <d_m> Standard action.
[20:06:41] <solaire> <ibram> *buries the human baned sword in his face*
[20:06:47] <d_m> (Surprise round for both of you.)
[20:06:49] <d_m> Roll one attack.
[20:06:50] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+23
[20:06:50] <clockwork> Solaire: 33:10+23
[20:06:53] <d_m> Hit!
[20:06:59] <d_m> Roll damage.
[20:07:04] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+10
[20:07:04] <clockwork> Solaire: 11:1+10
[20:07:07] <solaire> ,roll 2d6
[20:07:08] <clockwork> Solaire: 2
[20:07:13] <vargas> (wth?)
[20:07:14] <d_m> Hah! The dice giveth...
[20:07:27] <d_m> He twists at the last moment, and your blade slices open his cheek.
[20:07:32] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+10
[20:07:33] <clockwork> D_M: 12:2+10
[20:08:07] <d_m> However, his own attempt to bludgeon you with his lamp goes wide, and burning oil flares out through the air behind you, arcing down the stairs and splashing into view of Serribon and the others.
[20:08:34] <d_m> Ibram, full attack, but you are in the tight confines of the stairs. -2 to both of you for standard melee attacks from here forward.
[20:08:46] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[20:08:46] <clockwork> Solaire: 27:6+21
[20:08:52] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+16
[20:08:52] <clockwork> Solaire: 35:19+16
[20:08:54] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+16
[20:08:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 34:18+16
[20:09:01] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+11
[20:09:02] <clockwork> Solaire: 24:13+11
[20:09:08] <d_m> Is this one sword or two?
[20:09:16] <acadia> (Is there room enough for me to spider climb and walk on the ceiling?
[20:09:18] <solaire> <ibram> *one sword because of the confined quarters*
[20:09:19] <acadia> )
[20:09:22] <serribon> (and that, children, is why you do not move in enfilade up a spiral staircase)
[20:09:32] <vargas> (one was a threat too)
[20:09:35] <d_m> Not in your current form, Acadia. You would basically stuff that staircase.
[20:09:40] <d_m> All hit.
[20:09:56] <solaire> ,roll 4d8+40
[20:09:57] <clockwork> Solaire: 60:20+40
[20:10:05] <solaire> ,roll 6d6
[20:10:05] <clockwork> Solaire: 24
[20:10:14] <solaire> (good night)
[20:10:33] <d_m> You push him back with one hand, Ibram, cut across his face with the other, and then stab him repeatedly as he goes down. You let his body roll down the stairs as it goes limp. Continuing up?
[20:10:42] <solaire> <ibram> *hell yes*
[20:11:33] <d_m> You continue up. Serribon, you hear a momentary tussel and then a short, sucking gasp which is all to familiar to you. It's that sound a man makes when he feels his body violated in a way that he knows instantly is fatal.
[20:12:00] <d_m> And then the body rolls partly into view, landing face down and failing to slide all the way to the bottom of the stairwell.
[20:12:15] <d_m> You can easily move past it and the residual burning oil.
[20:12:18] <d_m> And follow Ibram!
[20:12:35] <d_m> Second floor. Interesting. The stairwell ends, rather than proceeding on to the third floor.
[20:13:13] <serribon> (is this a spiral stair with a central support or wall-mounted?)
[20:13:16] <solaire> <ibram> *looks around for a way up*
[20:13:32] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+13 (k. eng for a guessimate on which direction to head)
[20:13:32] <clockwork> Vargas, (k. eng for a guessimate on which direction to head): 30:17+13
[20:13:41] <d_m> Ibram, you are admitted onto another corridor, and this one is lit with lamp-light, for there is a man about twenty feet away. He's looking away from you, beckoning to another person further down the hall.
[20:13:41] <serribon> (and is this a landing or just a blank wall?)
[20:13:42] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc to bakc that up)
[20:13:43] <clockwork> Vargas, (perc to bakc that up): 24:5+19
[20:14:08] * Serribon joins Ibby upstairs.
[20:14:15] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
[20:14:16] <clockwork> Serribon, (perc): 23:4+19
[20:14:20] <solaire> Is he armed?
[20:14:33] <vargas> (delay my skill checks until I reach the top of the stairs. Sorry to roll out of sequence)
[20:16:12] <d_m> The second floor corridor has several doors along its left side, and a door at the far end. Most of these doors are open. The man in the middle of the hall spies you, and he understands the situation. He separates his sword from its scabbard and tosses the scabbard into one of the open bedrooms. Behind him, another man steps up as well, also armed, and this one armored.
[20:16:34] <d_m> Ibram, you recognize their Herzish. "Hold the door. Push them out."
[20:16:54] <solaire> <ibram> "You're all going to die."
[20:17:03] <d_m> Behind the two men, two armored and armed guards posted by the door at the far end of the corridor begin to advance as well. Thus, four fighters are coming towad you down the hall, two ranks of two.
[20:17:04] <solaire> <ibram> *he says, before wading in, sword in each fist*
[20:17:26] <d_m> Vargas, you reach the top of the stairs with Magnus behind you as the meleers start forward. Acadia.
[20:17:32] <d_m> Acadia, roll Escape Artist or Dex.
[20:18:00] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+1
[20:18:00] <clockwork> Acadia: 18:17+1
[20:18:07] <serribon> (or turn into a lion or something smaller. Also, where's Petite?)
[20:18:29] <d_m> Good enough. You are a round behind, but you do not get stuck in the spiral staircase. Petite can be ahead of Acadia.
[20:18:36] <vargas> (petite is following with her)
[20:18:44] <d_m> All hand, Init.
[20:18:48] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuP80fKn0p8 (I think this is appropriate for two sword fighting)
[20:18:54] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
[20:18:54] <clockwork> Vargas, (init): 17:16+1
[20:18:59] <solaire> (Also, Mikasa is better than you. Just fyi)
[20:19:24] <d_m> Inits all around, folks.
[20:19:43] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+1
[20:19:43] <clockwork> Acadia: 6:5+1
[20:19:45] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:19:45] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:20+2
[20:20:00] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:20:00] <clockwork> D_M: 19:17+2
[20:20:01] <vargas> (Give the command if you want Haste, Bill. I can't target very well in here unless you want walls melting)
[20:20:26] <solaire> (not yet)
[20:20:26] <solaire> (Hit 'em with an MM)
[20:20:57] <d_m> Still waiting on some inits.
[20:20:58] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+7
[20:20:58] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:15+7
[20:21:00] <d_m> There we go.
[20:22:04] <d_m> Serribon gets to post first, but he and Ibram may act essentially simultaneously. You both go ahead of the enemies. 20 feet between you and them. The corridor is not 10 feet wide, but it is wide enough for you to stand abreast.
[20:22:17] <d_m> Proceed.
[20:23:33] <solaire> http://25.media.tumblr.com/849bd8d0fda84eb3b04e387f519935ab/tumblr_mmjy25NhCB1qdlh1io1_250.gif gentlemen. Chun li is real
[20:23:53] * Serribon drops Obelisong and draws Power Violence as he rushes in to blitz the guy ahead of him. "Someone get that."
[20:24:06] <d_m> Magnus will pick it up.
[20:24:17] <vargas> (You laugh, but I won a national taekwondo sparring tournament using a technique like that.)
[20:24:26] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20 (charging)
[20:24:27] <clockwork> Serribon, (charging): 34:14+20
[20:24:32] <solaire> (I am not laughing, I think I'm in love)
[20:24:48] <d_m> Serribon, you're on the left, Ibram on the right. You hit the guy on the left, who is unarmored. Roll damage.
[20:24:58] <serribon> (that's pretty awesome. I didn't know the bird kick actually worked)
[20:25:08] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+8
[20:25:09] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:6+8
[20:25:52] <vargas> (The execution is a lot more complicated. First, it has to be a tournament rules fight. Second, you have to be fast enough that you can kick with precision faster that the opponent's reaction time.)
[20:25:53] <d_m> He's good. He sidesteps enough that your blade only delivers him a laceration across his rib cage. Ibram.
[20:26:25] <d_m> You are on the right, Ibram, and your opponent is the armored one, unless you choose to strike across and focus fire.
[20:27:38] <solaire> <ibram> *is ruthless and not fucking around with duels. He takes advantage of the cut guy with a neat thrust to his gullet*
[20:27:43] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+23
[20:27:44] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:9+23
[20:27:49] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+10
[20:27:50] <clockwork> Solaire: 14:4+10
[20:27:54] <solaire> ,roll 2d6
[20:27:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 6
[20:27:57] <solaire> 20 more
[20:28:36] <d_m> The man curses in gutteral Herzish as he is double-teamed and again barely succeeds at avoiding a lethal blow. The two men return the favor, or attempt...
[20:29:05] <solaire> Ibram's non-shieled AC is 25
[20:29:06] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+14 (man on left)
[20:29:06] <clockwork> D_M, (man on left): 31:17+14
[20:29:12] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+9
[20:29:13] <serribon> (Unless you have lion's charge, you should only get one attack, though. fun as that was)
[20:29:13] <clockwork> D_M: 24:15+9
[20:29:17] <d_m> Either hit, Serri?
[20:29:49] <vargas> (roll 20% miss chance for hits)
[20:29:57] <d_m> Roger.
[20:30:03] <serribon> 31 hit, 24 did not
[20:30:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[20:30:07] <clockwork> Serribon: 5
[20:30:16] <d_m> Hits.
[20:30:24] <serribon> (AC is 25 while dual-wielding)
[20:30:32] <d_m> ,roll 1d8+5+1d6
[20:30:32] <clockwork> D_M: 14:5+5+4
[20:30:48] <d_m> His blade flares and smokes. Oh ho! That last 4 is fire damage.
[20:30:59] <d_m> The other one attacks Ibram.
[20:31:06] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+12
[20:31:07] <clockwork> D_M: 23:11+12
[20:31:12] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+7
[20:31:12] <clockwork> D_M: 9:2+7
[20:31:24] <solaire> <ibram> *parries the first swing and the second in an X-block. He snarls*
[20:31:28] <d_m> But bounces off his impossible dragonhide shell.
[20:31:33] <d_m> Vargas!
[20:31:35] * Vargas doesn't have time for this. He reads the words of power from the scroll of haste which was held ready in his weapon hand. He then reaches into his bag to produce another scroll of weapon bane.
[20:31:55] <d_m> Haste is up. All parties.
[20:31:57] <vargas> (5 rounds of haste, +1 to hit, AC, ref save. extra full attack. You know the drill)
[20:32:18] <d_m> Acadia, you feel haste hit you just as you work your head up around the corner and move your bulk onto the second floor.
[20:32:35] <d_m> Magnus and Petite peel off into an open door on the left to clear that room.
[20:32:38] <acadia> (Dimensions?)
[20:32:42] <d_m> Serribon, go.
[20:32:44] <solaire> (Prepare for maximum engrish. http://vimeo.com/64405354 )
[20:33:15] <d_m> Acadia, this hallway is the same size as the one downstairs, just big enough that you basically fill it. It would take an escape artist check for you to even turn around, in here.
[20:33:32] * Acadia casts call lightning storm (from tattoo)
[20:33:56] <d_m> Nice! You get one bolt on the first cast, yes? Pick a target and say your DCs.
[20:34:08] * Serribon growls deep in his throat and unleashes on the wounded man.
[20:34:13] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20
[20:34:13] <clockwork> Serribon: 29:9+20
[20:34:14] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+15
[20:34:15] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:7+15
[20:34:19] <d_m> Hold it, Serri.
[20:34:19] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+10
[20:34:20] <clockwork> Serribon: 21:11+10
[20:34:26] <serribon> (oh. ok)
[20:34:28] <solaire> (Also you critted serribro)
[20:34:57] <d_m> Acadia, I need your spell data. Link, DC, target, damage.
[20:35:24] <serribon> (I don't think so)
[20:35:36] <acadia> Target wounded man (unless done in by Serri, in which case target armor guy) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/call-lightning
[20:35:56] <d_m> You go before Serri, so wounded man it is. What's your Reflex DC?
[20:36:06] <acadia> DC = 16 ref half
[20:36:08] <acadia> I believe
[20:36:17] <d_m> (G, 10+spell level+her WIS, right?)
[20:36:20] <vargas> (10 + 3 + wis mod)
[20:36:39] <acadia> = 16
[20:37:01] <acadia> (I thought so, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something)
[20:37:09] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+6 (REF)
[20:37:10] <clockwork> D_M, (REF): 16:10+6
[20:37:14] <d_m> Half damage.
[20:37:16] <d_m> Roll damage.
[20:37:19] <d_m> (3d6)
[20:37:21] <acadia> ,roll 5d6
[20:37:22] <clockwork> Acadia: 14
[20:37:28] <d_m> Oh right.
[20:37:30] <d_m> Storm.
[20:37:36] <acadia> (Yup)
[20:37:37] <vargas> (wait, wiat)
[20:37:41] <vargas> (big deal)
[20:37:43] <d_m> ?
[20:37:49] <vargas> (Are we talking the lvl 5 version?)
[20:37:56] <vargas> (That's dc 18)
[20:37:58] <d_m> Ah ha ha! Good call!
[20:38:03] <d_m> full damage!
[20:38:06] <vargas> (5d6 is correct)
[20:38:09] <acadia> (Indeed! Sorry bout that)
[20:39:08] <d_m> He takes 14 and you are all momentarily deafened as the concussion of a thunder clap explodes in this confined space. Your ears ring, and a jagged white afterimage is burned momentarily onto your retinas. Ibram and Serribon, you feel the hot blast of it.
[20:39:22] <solaire> <ibram> *grunts* "Press the attack."
[20:39:44] <d_m> He's STILL on his feet, though! He staggers and hollers in Herzish, "MAGIC! UFLAD!"
[20:39:58] <d_m> "HOLD!" he screams as Serribon presses the attack.
[20:40:08] <d_m> Your rolls stand, Serribon. One sec.
[20:40:19] <d_m> Three hits.
[20:40:44] <serribon> (can I resolve individually?)
[20:40:50] <solaire> (roll your crit threat too bro)
[20:40:52] <d_m> Ok. One at a time.
[20:40:58] <serribon> (I didn't get a crit, though)
[20:41:13] <d_m> There was no threat, dude. 9, 7, 11 naturals
[20:41:17] <d_m> :-)
[20:41:25] <d_m> Ok, one at a time. First one is a hit. Roll damage.
[20:41:27] <serribon> (and I forgot my haste bonus, not that it matters. Also...)
[20:41:29] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20
[20:41:30] <clockwork> Serribon: 35:15+20
[20:41:37] <serribon> (er. +21. but anyway)
[20:41:47] <d_m> What's that one?
[20:41:59] <serribon> The bonus strike from Haste
[20:42:07] <serribon> I did my three iterative+bonus
[20:42:10] <solaire> (Oh I thought you trolled a nat 20)
[20:42:29] <d_m> Ok. We'll get to that one. From the 29, roll damage.
[20:42:48] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[20:42:49] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:3+11
[20:42:58] <d_m> From the 22, roll damage.
[20:43:02] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzIr8DJWj08 (Beware the ridiculous level of hyper aggression in this song. Also DMX being himself)
[20:43:02] * Vargas understands this Herzish. He yells to his team, [Call out the mage!] (i.e. kindly designate the mage when you see him guys so that we may assassinate him.)
[20:43:06] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[20:43:06] <clockwork> Serribon: 21:10+11
[20:43:33] <d_m> He drops. The 21 applies to his armored comrade?
[20:43:44] <d_m> Er, the next attack roll was 21. That one going toward his armored comrade?
[20:43:49] <serribon> Yeah, but it would be 22. Not that it will probably matter.
[20:44:10] <d_m> 22 hits. Roll damage.
[20:44:17] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[20:44:17] <clockwork> Serribon: 17:6+11
[20:44:33] <serribon> (oh. are they just in leather or something?)
[20:44:43] <d_m> "Kurt!" shouts the younger, armored man as Kurt goes down, clutching at a gushing wound in his chest.
[20:44:56] <d_m> None of them is in plate.
[20:45:02] <serribon> Roger
[20:45:07] <d_m> And then he is hit. 35 also hits him. Roll it.
[20:45:14] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[20:45:14] <clockwork> Serribon: 18:7+11
[20:45:40] <d_m> He comes under your withering assault and begins frantically trying to fend it off. Ibram, full attack, one target, the armored guy.
[20:45:55] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[20:45:56] <clockwork> Solaire: 33:9+24
[20:45:59] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[20:45:59] <clockwork> Solaire: 34:15+19
[20:46:07] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+14
[20:46:07] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:18+14
[20:46:10] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+14
[20:46:10] <clockwork> Solaire: 25:11+14
[20:46:12] <d_m> Hit and hit and hit and hit.
[20:46:22] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[20:46:22] <clockwork> Solaire: 31:7+24
[20:46:30] <solaire> ,roll 5d8+50
[20:46:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 77:27+50
[20:46:35] <solaire> ,roll 8d6
[20:46:35] <clockwork> Solaire: 20
[20:46:39] <d_m> BAHAHAHAH!
[20:46:46] <solaire> have 97 damage
[20:46:48] <d_m> Like I said. Withering assault.
[20:47:00] <d_m> He is hacked to pieces, right through his chain shirt.
[20:47:39] <d_m> The two fully armored guards are up right behind these two, though, and they take a queue from you, choosing the unarmored man first.
[20:47:44] <solaire> <ibram> *whirls through him like a dervish, cutting into his neck then smashing him down to the floor, splattering blood EVERYWHERE*
[20:47:57] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+10
[20:47:57] <clockwork> D_M: 27:17+10
[20:47:59] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5
[20:48:00] <clockwork> D_M: 13:8+5
[20:48:04] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+10
[20:48:05] <clockwork> D_M: 19:9+10
[20:48:07] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5
[20:48:07] <clockwork> D_M: 14:9+5
[20:48:14] <d_m> one hit?
[20:48:17] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[20:48:18] <clockwork> Serribon: 4
[20:48:19] <serribon> Yes
[20:48:20] <d_m> Hit.
[20:48:38] <d_m> ,roll 1d8+4
[20:48:39] <clockwork> D_M: 8:4+4
[20:49:01] <serribon> 'kay
[20:49:27] <d_m> Just then another man peaks out of a side door behind them and issues an incantation.
[20:49:48] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l45CHS-5cA here we go
[20:49:49] <d_m> Vargas, go! (The incantation has no obvious effect.)
[20:50:01] <magnus_> )uh...oops all
[20:50:13] <vargas> (I know what I want to do, I just need you to confirm it is possible)
[20:50:18] <d_m> Magnus! Welcome back.
[20:50:28] <d_m> Vargas, hit me in whisper.
[20:50:54] <d_m> Magnus, what happened? And have someone catch you up in the background.
[20:51:02] <serribon> (on it)
[20:51:21] <vargas> (spellcraft?)
[20:51:35] <d_m> Roll it.
[20:51:58] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+22 (spellcraft)
[20:51:58] <clockwork> Vargas, (spellcraft): 40:18+22
[20:52:30] <d_m> He just casteded Shield on one of the two guards.
[20:53:10] * Vargas grabs a tuft of bear fur, and steps through the astral plane with Acadia in tow. Acadia emerges with a tiny bloop next to the mage, behind the fighters. Vargas is somewhere behind the massive hulk of bear fur.
[20:54:25] <serribon> (and then *this* happened)
[20:54:37] * Magnus_ slips the sword into his haversack, knowing it will come to him when he needs it.
[20:54:52] <d_m> Acadia, this is weird. You feel Vargas grab your neck fur with a tiny human hand, and then the hallway seems to stretch--no, collapse--no, definitely stretch, but collapse--POP! Nevermind, it's over. The door at the far end of the hallway is suddenly only about ten feet away. GUPC, Acadia.
[20:55:15] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+14
[20:55:16] <clockwork> Acadia: 23:9+14
[20:55:28] <d_m> Ibram and Serribon, as you prepare to lay into the next rank of badguys, an enormous bear butt just appears in the backgroun behind them.
[20:56:04] <d_m> Acadia, immediately to your left is an open door, and in that door is a surprised and terrified little nerdy man holding a bag of material components. It is, incidentally, your turn.
[20:56:20] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+14 bite
[20:56:21] <clockwork> Acadia, bite: 32:18+14
[20:56:22] <serribon> "HAH!"
[20:56:37] <d_m> You shove your head through the door and bite down on him. Roll damage.
[20:56:58] <acadia> ,roll1d8+7
[20:57:08] <d_m> Actually, Acadia, recommendation:
[20:57:09] <acadia> ,roll 1d8+7
[20:57:09] <clockwork> Acadia: 8:1+7
[20:57:18] <acadia> Oops, yes?
[20:57:19] <d_m> Make that a claw attack so you can do grab.
[20:57:37] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16 (claw)
[20:57:37] <vargas> (She can bite, then claw, try grab, claw, try grab, right?)
[20:57:38] <clockwork> Acadia, (claw): 30:14+16
[20:57:48] <acadia> (That's what I was thinking, but either way)
[20:57:55] <d_m> That's true. Full attack. My bad.
[20:58:07] <d_m> So the bite damage stand. And then you claw. That also hits. Roll damage and grapple.
[20:58:45] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20
[20:58:45] <clockwork> Magnus_: 3
[20:58:50] <acadia> ,roll 1d6+7
[20:58:50] <clockwork> Acadia: 12:5+7
[20:59:15] <d_m> You add 12 as your ten inch claws come down on him as well. Roll grapple.
[20:59:29] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+15
[20:59:29] <clockwork> Acadia: 33:18+15
[20:59:57] <d_m> You succeed and take the Grappled condition, as does he.
[21:00:06] <d_m> Magnus!
[21:00:30] <acadia> (2nd claw?)
[21:00:39] <vargas> (No. You stop when he's grappled)
[21:00:40] <d_m> No, you are now grappled, so your full attack action ends.
[21:01:14] <magnus_> Sir?
[21:01:19] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOliVhbBo8 need moar berserk
[21:01:34] <serribon> (Psst. It's your turn)
[21:01:40] <acadia> (ohh right, gotcha)
[21:02:01] <d_m> You stepped into the first side bedroom to clear it with Petite, and it was clear. You return to the corridor and grab Serribon's spare sword just as Vargas d-steps Acadia to the other end of the hall. You and Petite are now the rearguard behind Ibram and Serribon, who are facing off against a pair of armored guards. What do you do?
[21:02:03] <vargas> (If Bill starts playing Forces, he's going to limit break)
[21:03:05] <solaire> (I am saving that for the boss)
[21:03:11] <d_m> (Bill, this just popped up on my itunes rotation. Figured I'd throw it into your music mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM0PXMT-TIE)
[21:03:31] <solaire> (Nightwish is p good)
[21:03:40] <d_m> (This particular album was very good.)
[21:03:46] <d_m> Anyway! Magnus, your action?
[21:04:24] * Magnus_ casts prayer upon the group as he sings. His newly repaired shield glows from it's center focus.
[21:04:38] <d_m> They've already dropped two enemy fighters and are now fighting a second pair over the bodies of the first, looking fairly unchallenged so far. Prayer spelll, roger. Link for the team.
[21:04:48] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/prayer
[21:05:04] <d_m> Serribon, two fresh opponents, these in proper guard's armor.
[21:05:04] <vargas> (ongoing buffs, prayer, haste, and human bane for Bill.)
[21:05:20] <serribon> (Bill already has human bane going, I think)
[21:05:29] <vargas> (I know. I am just recapping)
[21:05:33] <serribon> (nvm. yeah.)
[21:05:59] <d_m> So that's another +1 on basically everything, folks, unless you've already got a Luck bonus from somewhere. They do pile up, don't they?
[21:06:07] <d_m> Serribon, you up.
[21:06:14] * Serribon presses the attack,then.
[21:06:18] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+22
[21:06:19] <clockwork> Serribon: 35:13+22
[21:06:21] <d_m> Hit.
[21:06:24] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+17
[21:06:24] <clockwork> Serribon: 28:11+17
[21:06:25] <d_m> Hit.
[21:06:31] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+12
[21:06:31] <clockwork> Serribon: 25:13+12
[21:06:33] <d_m> Hit.
[21:06:34] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+22
[21:06:35] <clockwork> Serribon: 26:4+22
[21:06:37] <d_m> hit.
[21:06:46] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[21:06:46] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:10+12
[21:06:51] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[21:06:52] <clockwork> Serribon: 17:5+12
[21:07:05] <d_m> Somewhere in the background, someone is screaming as if he was being mauled by a bear or something.
[21:07:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[21:07:08] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:2+12
[21:07:18] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[21:07:18] <clockwork> Serribon: 19:7+12
[21:07:31] <vargas> (Bears are the natural enemy of, well, almost anything.)
[21:07:44] <solaire> (Mostly just YOU)
[21:07:48] <serribon> (it takes a DC20 Nature Knowledge to know that)
[21:07:53] <d_m> Oi gods. You take him apart, Serribon, in one volley. Ibram, that leaves one for you.
[21:07:56] <vargas> (Nobody plays Rock, Paper, Bear because Bear beats everything.)
[21:07:57] <magnus_> (except gypsies)
[21:08:14] <solaire> Ibram goes to TOWN
[21:08:20] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[21:08:21] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:11+21
[21:08:24] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[21:08:25] <clockwork> Solaire: 33:16+17
[21:08:31] <serribon> Oh, wait... would losing 1 from every one of those negate any results?
[21:08:36] <d_m> No.
[21:08:43] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+12
[21:08:44] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:20+12
[21:08:45] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+12
[21:08:46] <clockwork> Solaire: 16:4+12
[21:08:52] <d_m> 16 misses.
[21:08:57] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+22
[21:08:57] <clockwork> Solaire: 38:16+22
[21:09:00] <serribon> Ok, then. Forgot I was magic resistant, even to beneficial stuffs
[21:09:00] <solaire> welp
[21:09:12] <solaire> and his off-hand
[21:09:14] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+22
[21:09:15] <clockwork> Solaire: 31:9+22
[21:09:22] <solaire> ... well fuck that's a lot of damage
[21:09:27] <solaire> ,roll 4d8+40
[21:09:28] <clockwork> Solaire: 57:17+40
[21:09:34] <solaire> ,roll 8d6
[21:09:34] <clockwork> Solaire: 25
[21:09:43] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+4
[21:09:44] <clockwork> Solaire: 6:2+4
[21:09:52] <solaire> so
[21:10:09] <solaire> 88 damage
[21:10:19] <d_m> That should get the job done... and it does.
[21:10:52] <vargas> (Ibram really, really wants that Battousai achievement.)
[21:10:55] <solaire> <ibram> *smashes the guy down, and beheads him with a scissoring strike of the sword blows. For style points he totally picks up the flaming sword of the first guy they killed after that murderfest*
[21:11:10] <solaire> (that's far better than a mundane sword haha)
[21:11:55] <d_m> Absolutely.
[21:12:10] <d_m> All right, the enemies turn. Let's see...
[21:12:31] <serribon> What enemies?
[21:12:53] <serribon> The four dead guys, or the one being eaten by a bear?
[21:12:59] <d_m> Oh yes! One screaming wizard.
[21:13:06] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+3
[21:13:07] <clockwork> D_M: 8:5+3
[21:13:24] <d_m> He fails to grapple out. Bear, you may regrapple for damage. Add +5 to your grapple check.
[21:13:27] <solaire> (Is it sad I just laughed at him?)
[21:13:55] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+20
[21:13:56] <clockwork> Acadia: 35:15+20
[21:14:09] <magnus_> (Hope she saves some for me...kinda hungry.)
[21:14:31] <d_m> Roll damage from claw.
[21:14:38] <acadia> ,roll 1d6+7
[21:14:39] <clockwork> Acadia: 10:3+7
[21:15:30] <solaire> https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969563_498335316886301_1156812495_n.jpg one of my favorite pics ever
[21:15:30] <d_m> Ok, so that's going on. He screams and flails ineffectually as Acadia tears him apart. Serribon, Ibram, and Magnus, you have a giant bear hulk between you and your objective at the far end of the corridor. Vargas, you are there, between the bear and the door. Vargas, it is your turn.
[21:15:31] <acadia> (I'm sorry, that's an additional +2, so 12)
[21:16:31] <d_m> Noted.
[21:16:34] <vargas> (I don't suppose I can squeeze past Acadia?)
[21:17:18] <d_m> You can, though you're on the side you actually want to be on. The locked door at the end of the corridor has to be the way to the next staircase, because none of the side rooms had stairs in them. It's the only remaining possibility.
[21:17:28] <vargas> (oh)
[21:18:08] * Vargas listens at the door, and waits for the battle line to be restored.
[21:18:15] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (listen)
[21:18:16] <clockwork> Vargas, (listen): 29:10+19
[21:19:07] <d_m> Nothing on the other side of it at the moment, that you can hear.
[21:19:11] <vargas> (Who has Miriam's adamantium battleaxe?)
[21:19:11] * Magnus_ coughs a bit as he looks at Serri and Ibram and then then the ravenous bear.
[21:19:29] <magnus_> (I have a great axe)
[21:19:32] * Vargas calls out, [Clear?]
[21:19:42] <d_m> Acadia, do you continue to the death with that guy?
[21:20:07] <acadia> Yes.
[21:20:32] <magnus_> (Is anyone else hearing The Girl from Impenema while waiting as AcadiaBear eats a guy?)
[21:20:50] <vargas> (I can't say so, no.)
[21:20:56] <d_m> (HA! I didn't go that way, but I like it. Elevator muzak, yo.)
[21:20:59] <serribon> (I had it, but I don't know if it went to someone else)
[21:21:08] <d_m> You probably still have it, Serri.
[21:21:24] <serribon> (is your's +2 adamant, Mags?)
[21:21:41] <vargas> (Miriam's lightning sword is currently... well, that's a spoiler.)
[21:22:06] <d_m> As you sort out the axe issue, I take it you are all scooching past the bear butt to join up with Vargas/
[21:22:08] <d_m> ?
[21:22:27] * Vargas grabs another haste scroll from his pack. He casts Human Bane on Power Violence.
[21:23:00] <serribon> how long does this last? and it's FE (humans) basically?
[21:23:14] <vargas> (It's 3 minutes long. +2 to hit, 2d6 dmg)
[21:23:35] <solaire> yes
[21:23:50] <vargas> (Long story. Made is as an experiment to prove it could be done, and then turned into Orc Bane for the orc war in the future)
[21:24:26] <d_m> Acadia, you finish the job eventually by pulling the left side of his body off.
[21:25:05] <d_m> You are able to back out of the room and wiggle your butt so that you can turn to face the crew and join the discussion. Petite slithers through your legs to see what's up.
[21:25:15] * Acadia leaves the body in the doorway saunters after the others.
[21:25:24] * Vargas will pull another humane bane scroll, and holds it in reserve for the moment when Ibram starts up the stairs.
[21:25:27] <d_m> They are right there, Acadia, pretty much.
[21:25:36] <acadia> (Oh okay, cool)
[21:25:37] <d_m> Ok, going at the door with the axe?
[21:25:57] <serribon> Yeah
[21:25:59] <vargas> (What kind of structure is this floor? Wood, or stone?)
[21:26:04] <d_m> Wood all about.
[21:26:17] <d_m> Heavy timber and board construction.
[21:26:39] <d_m> Some metal reinforcement, too, though, at least on this door. Bands of iron. It's a stout piece.
[21:27:09] <vargas> (okay)
[21:27:43] <d_m> You start at it, though, and it has little to say against that ax. The ax is adamant.
[21:27:47] <d_m> GUPCs.
[21:27:57] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+14
[21:27:57] <clockwork> Acadia: 25:11+14
[21:28:46] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19
[21:28:46] <clockwork> Vargas: 20:1+19
[21:28:49] <vargas> (haha)
[21:28:59] <acadia> (rude)
[21:29:05] <vargas> [Ibram, should I Web the stairs?]
[21:29:24] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[21:29:25] <clockwork> Serribon: 37:18+19
[21:29:47] <solaire> [behind us? Good call.]
[21:29:52] <d_m> Acadia and Serribon, sure enough. Here they come...
[21:30:02] <d_m> Link the spell, V.
[21:30:04] <serribon> (from below?)
[21:30:23] * Vargas casts Web on the stairs, filling it with sticky filaments. DC 19 (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web)
[21:30:32] <magnus_> (still need an axe?)
[21:30:34] <vargas> (That's the stairs behind us)
[21:30:44] <d_m> You hear the sound of many booted footsteps running. It must be from below, because you're hearing it from the down-going stairwell at the far end of the hallway.
[21:30:46] <serribon> (yes, mags. You're hacking away at it.
[21:30:52] <magnus_> (Groovy)
[21:31:38] * Magnus_ hands his shield and mace to the nearest person and brings out a huge axe from his haversack, he puts it to work on the door.
[21:32:11] <d_m> Hehehe, I have so many browser tabs open, I had to check my memory usage. I'm sitting at 21 GBs of RAM in use.
[21:32:32] <d_m> Which is cool. Still got 10 gigs to spare. Moving on!
[21:33:14] <acadia> ( o.O
[21:34:58] <solaire> <ibram> *helps with a two-handed grip on his adamantine longsword*
[21:35:04] <solaire> <ibram> *fuck that door sir*
[21:35:13] <vargas> (But does it blend?)
[21:35:14] <d_m> That door is going down fast. And with that web blocking the stair--WHOOSH! You hear the distinct sounds of roaring flame, and an orange glow and licks of flame burst up into the corridor from below.
[21:36:18] <vargas> [We'd got baddies up the rear!]
[21:37:09] <d_m> (And I don't know, G, but it would probably run http://www.blender.org/ software without any trouble at all, so... yes?)
[21:37:10] <solaire> [Torch 'em.]
[21:37:46] <d_m> Another burst of flame takes care of the last filaments of your web spell just as the door really starts to give way. Only another round or two to take it down.
[21:37:58] <serribon> [Can either of you turn the stairwell to mud?]
[21:38:04] <d_m> The first couple of guys appear at the top of the staircase at the far end.
[21:38:16] * Vargas snaps his fingers, FIRE~BALL.
[21:38:28] <acadia> (If the stairwell is stone, I can do that)
[21:38:40] <vargas> ,roll 10d6 (dc 19 ref)
[21:38:40] <clockwork> Vargas, (dc 19 ref): 37
[21:38:59] <solaire> (You see those guys? Fuck them.)
[21:39:00] <acadia> (Both stairwells are wood, right?)
[21:39:03] <d_m> Heavy wooden construction, as discussed.
[21:39:08] <acadia> (Right)
[21:39:17] <vargas> (um, lemme double check something on wood real quick)
[21:39:20] <serribon> (that's fun. though I'm kinda imagining it like Luke dropping the proton torp down the Death Star's tailpipe in New Hope)
[21:39:52] <d_m> Vargas ducks down and tells Acadia to lift her feet. He performs an intricate motion with his fingers that launches a tiny orange bead through the air.
[21:40:47] <d_m> It streaks down the now dim corridor, creating for the briefest moment a travelling candle glow at impossible speed--and then Vargas snaps his fingers at the bead passes over the shoulders of the men at the far end. It detonates.
[21:41:13] <vargas> (Wood has hardness 5, and what HP per inch?)
[21:41:13] <d_m> They are engulfed in fire which fills the corridor and billows toward Acadia's exposed posterior.
[21:41:36] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9wPX8rbxA&feature=player_detailpage#t=275s This is about what happned to the guards.
[21:41:37] * Acadia feels a warming sensation in the hiney region.
[21:41:54] <d_m> Good question. The construction here is heavy enough that a fireball or two won't bring down the house, but some significant damage is done to the walls and floorboards.
[21:42:16] <vargas> (okay, that's what I was trying to determine)
[21:42:47] <d_m> The flames fade out before they can more than scorch Acadia's tail, thankfully. Acadia, if you wish to turn around, you'll need another Escape Artist check.
[21:42:53] <d_m> Or change of form.
[21:42:53] <magnus_> (Toasted Bear Flanks)
[21:43:19] <d_m> Acadia, go.
[21:43:23] <d_m> Followed by Magnus.
[21:44:02] <serribon> (I'm reminded of the scene in The Great Outdoors)
[21:44:40] <acadia> can I look behind?
[21:44:47] <d_m> Not efficiently.
[21:44:52] <d_m> Your body is in your way.
[21:44:53] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+1
[21:44:53] <clockwork> Acadia: 9:8+1
[21:44:56] <acadia> oops
[21:45:03] <vargas> (Acadia, do you want me to grease you? +10 to escape artist)
[21:45:04] <d_m> Heh, you need a 15.
[21:45:15] <acadia> (That could be useful!)
[21:45:23] <d_m> Magnus, you have Acadia between you and the enemy, but you can get line of sight for spellcasting if you need it.
[21:45:28] <d_m> Or you can continue hacking the door.
[21:46:01] * Magnus_ looks at Ibram, "You got this?"
[21:46:13] <magnus_> (meaning the door)
[21:46:37] <d_m> he got dis.
[21:47:27] <magnus_> (How many enemies?)
[21:47:46] <d_m> Unknown. As the fire fades, you see more of them appearing at the top of the stairs at the far end of the corridor.
[21:48:13] * Serribon is, alongside the giant bear ass, blocking the corridor.
[21:48:18] <d_m> While Magnus is deciding on a spell, Serribon and Ibram: One more round of hacking opens the door, if you both continue.
[21:48:19] <solaire> <ibram> "Yeah."
[21:48:34] <serribon> Ibram and Magnus were hacking.
[21:48:52] <d_m> Roger. In that case, have Magnus swap with Serri, because no further corridor blocking is necessary.
[21:48:59] <d_m> Acadia has that entirely covered.
[21:49:32] <d_m> She has to sort of stand on two feet and awkwardly brace the other two against the opposite wall just to give Magnus and Vargas a casting lane.
[21:49:57] <vargas> (Have you ever been to a shooting range with a bear in the booth?)
[21:50:02] <d_m> I was under the impression that we had all three muscle men on the door. It is going to take exactly two more man-rounds to take the door down.
[21:51:24] <d_m> Come on, guys, give me actions. Magnus, are you trading out with Serribon? If so, cast your spell.
[21:51:29] <serribon> Swapping
[21:51:39] <serribon> *chopchop*
[21:52:34] <d_m> Magnus, if you're just looking at spell data, let us know, so we know you're not lagged out again.
[21:53:00] <d_m> Ibram and Serribon chop chop chop, but I need Magnus's action.
[21:53:28] <d_m> There he is. Lay it on us, Magnus.
[21:55:07] <d_m> In light of his connection, this was the action Magnus was trying to declare: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/holy-smite
[21:56:04] <magnus_> right..now that my deal is working again
[21:56:55] <d_m> As the flames of the fireball receed and Acadia struggles to get herself turned around to face the new threat, Magnus backs off the door, tosses his axe to Serribon, and drops to the ground beside Vargas, issuing a prayer to his Goddess through Acadia's legs.
[21:57:13] <d_m> DC and damage, Magnus.
[21:57:38] <acadia> (Brb - potty break)
[21:57:50] <serribon> (14+his Wis mod, I think)
[21:58:40] <magnus_> ,roll 5d8 (holy smite)
[21:58:40] <clockwork> Magnus_, (holy smite): 13
[22:00:19] <d_m> He is still apparently somewhat in the dog house with his Goddess, judging by that damage roll. But so be it. He delivers a burst of Her Most Holy Wrath upon the newcomers who are just now appearing at the top of the stairs to replace those who are screaming and rolling on the floor, covered in charred clothing and third degree burns.
[22:00:20] <magnus_> (dude...seriously...5 dice of d8 and all I get is 13?)
[22:00:24] <d_m> Not to mention the ones that died outright.
[22:00:47] <vargas> (Clockwork is fickle)
[22:01:02] <magnus_> (Clockwork is always mean to me. heh)
[22:01:09] <d_m> Serribon and Ibram lay into the door with all their might, and the last of its reinforcing beams finally gives way. The door is open, the way is clear.
[22:01:17] <d_m> Just then...
[22:01:25] <vargas> (Let's get rolling people, keep speed!)
[22:01:27] <serribon> (somebody hits start)
[22:01:32] <acadia> (back
[22:01:42] <d_m> Good timing, Acadia. because just then...
[22:01:59] <solaire> <ibram> *Swaps to his shield and sword, adding the fire blade to his sheaths*
[22:02:05] <solaire> <ibram> "Press on!"
[22:02:15] <d_m> KABOOM! The unmistakable sound of a lightning bolt rocks the corridor. Enfilade.
[22:02:25] <d_m> Reflex saves.
[22:02:52] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13
[22:02:53] <clockwork> Serribon: 15:2+13
[22:02:59] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+4
[22:02:59] <clockwork> Acadia: 10:6+4
[22:03:04] <serribon> (gott dammit)
[22:03:05] <acadia> sigh
[22:03:14] <vargas> (Magnus, how long was your prayer spell, 10 rounds?)
[22:03:27] <d_m> Reflex saves all around, folks. DC is 18.
[22:03:30] <vargas> (Would it still be in effect?)
[22:03:37] <d_m> It would be in effect for another couple of rounds.
[22:03:51] <vargas> (add +1 to saves from prayer I think?)
[22:03:52] <serribon> APing it
[22:04:01] <d_m> Sure.
[22:04:09] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+10
[22:04:10] <clockwork> Vargas: 19:9+10
[22:04:12] <serribon> Is it within range?
[22:04:21] <d_m> DC is 18. well in range.
[22:04:24] <serribon> ,roll 1d6+1d6
[22:04:24] <clockwork> Serribon: 7:5+2
[22:04:29] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+5
[22:04:29] <clockwork> Solaire: 25:20+5
[22:04:36] <serribon> so, ref 20
[22:04:41] <vargas> (haha, Ibram laughs at that lightning bolt.)
[22:04:42] <d_m> Roll for Petite, Acadia.
[22:04:50] <vargas> (Sucks for that wizard)
[22:04:54] <d_m> ,roll 10d6
[22:04:54] <clockwork> D_M: 26
[22:05:00] <d_m> If you succeeded, take 13 damage.
[22:05:13] <d_m> If you failed, all 26.
[22:05:20] <serribon> (evasion. boom)
[22:05:21] <d_m> (That's just Acadia, so far. And maybe Petite.)
[22:05:23] <vargas> (Magnus, you take 6 damage from the Shield Other split)
[22:06:07] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+8
[22:06:08] <clockwork> Acadia: 23:15+8
[22:06:18] <d_m> Serribon feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand up in that instant as the hallway's atmosphere polarizes, and he runs up the wall, backflipping across the ceiling as the bolt of lightning explodes under him.
[22:06:42] <vargas> (Serribon speedhacks)
[22:07:14] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+7
[22:07:14] <clockwork> Magnus_: 24:17+7
[22:07:19] <d_m> Acadia, 26 damage. The rest of you, 13. Vargas, your turn. The way is open, and Acadia is facing the correct direction to proceed. Her back is to the enemy, though, and the enemy includes by your estimation a pretty powerful wizard and an unknown number of mooks.
[22:07:37] <magnus_> (incidentally if you didn't add the +1 to your save for the prayer..you may want to.)
[22:07:56] <vargas> (Did the lightning bolt come from the stairwell that Acadia is blocking?)
[22:08:15] <d_m> Yes, from the far end, where all the badguys are coming from right now.
[22:08:50] <magnus_> (Magnus takes 19 total then?)
[22:09:00] <vargas> (yes, mag)
[22:09:02] <serribon> (So the wizard is on the landing? L.Bolt travels in straight lines.
[22:09:18] <vargas> (IMing for action confirmation)
[22:09:29] <d_m> Yes, affirmative. He's on the landing.
[22:09:43] <serribon> Still on the same init order, or re-rolling?
[22:09:48] <d_m> Same init order.
[22:09:51] <d_m> It is Vargas's go.
[22:10:27] <d_m> (Getting IM from Vargas, working up some kind of plan...)
[22:10:43] <magnus_> (Printing off my character sheet. brb)
[22:12:07] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
[22:12:08] <clockwork> Vargas, (perc): 23:4+19
[22:12:20] <vargas> (I will AP this if needed)
[22:12:33] <d_m> Go ahead and do that.
[22:12:38] <vargas> ,roll 1d6
[22:12:39] <clockwork> Vargas: 4
[22:12:40] <vargas> ,roll 1d6
[22:12:40] <clockwork> Vargas: 5
[22:13:25] <vargas> (sorry guys, complex action)
[22:13:49] <d_m> All right, Vargas, peering through Acadia's legs, your view is mostly blocked by piled bodies, but you know the wizard has to be line-of-sight at the other end. Your quick glance shows guards starting a charge down the corridor toward Acadia's rear, but the way they're moving, they're moving past someone you can't see. Almost certainly the wizard is prone at the top of the stairs for cover.
[22:14:03] <vargas> (See Invis, baby)
[22:14:18] <vargas> (But, I gotcha)
[22:14:19] <d_m> He's not invis, he's just got to be lying down on the stairs.
[22:14:48] <vargas> (Is it possible to drop the Acadia and Magnus bomb on him? Or too little space?)
[22:15:24] <d_m> If you D-step Acadia, you can turn her around, but your relative position to her will have to remain the same. So you're in front of her right now, grabbing her by the face, and Magnus by the arm. You turn it around in transit so that Acadias is facing the enemy, you have to put Magnus and yourself between her and the enemy.
[22:15:40] <d_m> Which is great for Magnus, but maybe not great for you.
[22:15:42] <d_m> Dunno.
[22:15:53] <d_m> Make your call. Here they come.
[22:16:02] <vargas> (Bad positioning, need better ground.)
[22:16:07] <vargas> (I got this.)
[22:16:12] <serribon> (drop the Serribomb. Pincer them between me and Ibby)
[22:16:31] * Vargas orders up tentacle rape and commands, [Get up the stairs!]
[22:16:47] <serribon> (or that, if you wanna be conventional)
[22:16:48] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/black-tentacles
[22:17:26] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+11+5 (wizard is prone, so +4 melee to grapple him?)
[22:17:27] <clockwork> Vargas, (wizard is prone, so +4 melee to grapple him?): 33:17+11+5
[22:17:28] <d_m> Let it be so!
[22:17:41] <vargas> ,roll 1d6+4 (dmg to all failures)
[22:17:41] <clockwork> Vargas, (dmg to all failures): 9:5+4
[22:18:08] <d_m> You hear sudden uproarious screaming and panic, and glimpse the lead chargers being ripped off their feet as tentacles grab them from behind.
[22:18:36] <d_m> But there's no time to wait and measure the success of your spell over time. You have to go!
[22:18:36] |<-->
[22:18:43] <vargas> (-2 to ref saves, and they are pinned. Magnus, Acadia, feel free to bomb them, and then move!)
[22:18:50] <vargas> (err, sorry. GRappled)
[22:19:43] <d_m> Acadia, you basically have to wait until the others run and then move after them.
[22:19:43] <d_m> Serribon and Ibram, ahead!
[22:19:43] * Acadia will do that.
[22:19:57] <solaire> <ibram> *is moving ahead yes, shield up*
[22:20:09] * Serribon goes.
[22:20:25] * Vargas will use his move action to get to the stairwell, and provide covering magic once Serribon and Ibram are moving up.
[22:20:28] <d_m> And Serribon and Ibram, the two of you race up this next tiny spiral staircase and encounter... a door! At the top. Fortunately, this one is not reinforced. It's more of a privacy door, but it is locked.
[22:20:51] <solaire> <ibram> "Fuck this door."
[22:20:55] <solaire> <ibram> *SHIELD HULK SMASH*
[22:21:00] <d_m> Roll it!
[22:21:27] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+4
[22:21:30] <clockwork> Solaire: 21:17+4
[22:21:54] <d_m> You'll need two assists.
[22:22:06] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+4
[22:22:06] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:10+4
[22:22:15] <d_m> AP it, Serri.
[22:22:16] <d_m> Oh, Bill! AP it!
[22:22:24] <serribon> ,roll 1d6+1d6
[22:22:24] <clockwork> Serribon: 8:3+5
[22:22:25] <solaire> AP
[22:22:30] <solaire> ,roll 1d6
[22:22:30] <clockwork> Solaire: 2
[22:22:31] <solaire> ,roll 1d6
[22:22:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 2
[22:22:35] <d_m> Really?!
[22:22:36] <serribon> 19
[22:22:37] <d_m> BUT!
[22:22:47] <d_m> 23 plus assist makes 25 for the win.
[22:23:03] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbjzmcVZLw Here we go. getting the jam project for the big fat kill
[22:23:07] <vargas> (You both have human bane weapons at this point)
[22:23:54] <d_m> Ibram slams shield-long into the door, and Serribon crashes into him from behind, and the door jamb splinters, the latch popping loose. The door swings inward. Ibram, Reflex save to avoid falling prone.
[22:24:41] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+5
[22:24:41] <clockwork> Solaire: 25:20+5
[22:24:45] <d_m> No shit.
[22:24:59] <solaire> Ibram is on a roll, fuck the dice he's gonna be awesome
[22:25:00] <d_m> Well, two steps more and you have your balance.
[22:25:31] <d_m> Vargas, you arrive next, at the top of the steps behind Serribon and Ibram (the meat-wall), and this is what you see as you look past them. Serribon and Ibram, you see this as well:
[22:25:39] -->| Nacht (Mibbit@ppp-70-247-167-242.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[22:25:49] =-= Nacht is now known as Magnus_
[22:27:44] <solaire> WHAT DO WE SEE
[22:27:48] <d_m> The door opens into a spacious receiving room, elegantly if rustically furnished, with a table and upholstered chairs, a fireplace, game heads on the walls, and so forth. The table lies on edge, its top facing you. Behind it stands a man whom you know instantly to be a Kervic. He is young. Only a couple years older than Ibby, probably. As you burst in, his servants are just buckling the last of the buckles on his armor. He raises
[22:27:53] <d_m> Vargas, you still have a standard action.
[22:28:10] <vargas> (cut off at He raises)
[22:28:36] <d_m> At the rear of the room, behind Kervic to the left of the fireplace, is a door leading deeper into this level of the manor.
[22:28:39] <d_m> Probably his bedchamber.
[22:28:57] <solaire> <ibram> "DANNER!
[22:29:40] <d_m> Danner Kervic snears at the helmeted invader who is so bold as to speak his given name.
[22:29:45] <serribon> (what did he raise?)
[22:29:54] <d_m> He raises his sword at the ready.
[22:29:57] <vargas> (my turn, and this is what I saw, correct?)
[22:30:07] <serribon> (everybody upstairs sees it)
[22:30:27] <d_m> Yes.
[22:30:27] <d_m> Magnus is a step behind you, so he hasn't seen it yet.
[22:30:33] <solaire> <ibram> "I"ll give you one chance to live. Give me Miriam's body. Now."
[22:31:10] <d_m> Before we get into the dialogue, Vargas, did you perform a standard action at the top of the stairs?
[22:31:14] <vargas> (Are the servants armed?)
[22:31:24] <d_m> No, they are scurrying back against the wall in terror.
[22:31:38] <d_m> Oh, I take that back.
[22:31:52] <d_m> One old man-servant moves to impose himself between you and Danner, holding a knife.
[22:32:22] <d_m> He knows its a gesture only, but he'll be damned if he'll just stand by while his liege is attacked.
[22:32:40] * Vargas is going to have to count on those tentacles keeping that wizard pinned. He knows his best weapons. He burns the haste scroll in his hand.
[22:32:51] <vargas> (5 rounds)
[22:33:28] <serribon> "Commendable, but please don't do that. I will be forced to kill you, and then I will feel like an utter shit."
[22:33:30] <d_m> Roger. Now, dialogue. "I'll give you one chance to live!" growls Ibram. "Give me Miriam's body. /Now./"
[22:33:55] <d_m> Serribon extends Power Violence, pushing the manservant aside.
[22:34:21] <d_m> "Step away, George," says Danner. His eyes are fixed on Ibram.
[22:34:38] <vargas> (let me know when to reroll BT each round)
[22:34:42] <d_m> The old manservant frowns and then sheaths his knife and steps to the side.
[22:34:43] <solaire> <ibram> *removes the dragon helm*
[22:35:08] <d_m> (I have the numbers, V. I've already rolled the critical stuff in the background.)
[22:35:11] <vargas> (Hell, if they are gonna talk, I will retract the Haste scroll. But only if GM permits)
[22:35:23] <d_m> You can still hear the screams of it attacking people downstairs.
[22:36:09] <d_m> Call it a ready action. You are suspended until the action breaks again, ready with a preemptive Haste so they'll get full benefit in the opening round.
[22:36:12] <solaire> (The music is great but this is also hilarious sendupof anon post)
[22:36:18] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VUySqz10MQQ
[22:36:22] <vargas> (Thanks GM)
[22:37:41] <d_m> Danner says, "So you are the Divers. You came a long way in a short time. For nought, though. The girl is safe, and she will stay safe until you give me the Key."
[22:39:45] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (sense motive)
[22:39:45] <clockwork> Vargas, (sense motive): 31:12+19
[22:39:48] <solaire> <ibram> "BUllshit. She's dead. I want the body, and the only thing I'm giving you is 3 feet of steel in your guts."
[22:39:59] <d_m> ,roll 1d20
[22:40:00] <clockwork> D_M: 6
[22:40:28] <magnus_> (I still can't see a thing?)
[22:40:42] <d_m> Magnus, you arrive behind Vargas as the conversation begins. Acadia is on your heels, struggling up the narrow stairs.
[22:40:59] <vargas> (Acadia, keep your nose on for Miriam's scent jsut in case)
[22:41:06] <serribon> [Have you dispatched the wizard?]
[22:41:09] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+18 (sense motive)
[22:41:10] <clockwork> Magnus_, (sense motive): 36:18+18
[22:41:28] <acadia> (My nose will remain on at all times)
[22:41:51] <vargas> [No. Tentacle grab. Still a threat until confirmed.]
[22:42:25] <d_m> Vargas and Magnus, you both catch his twitch. He did not realize you knew that Miriam was dead, and but he's going to continue the bluff. "Who told you that? She is recovering nicely--not here, I might add--and she will remain mine until you give me what I want, or until you are dispatched."
[22:42:58] <serribon> [Is this the voice you heard, Acadia?]
[22:43:07] <magnus_> [He's lying. She is dead.]
[22:43:09] <d_m> She never heard the voice on the other end of the conversation.
[22:43:21] <serribon> (ah, nvm, then)
[22:43:22] <vargas> [Ibram, he doesn't know. I don't think he even knows she was dead.]
[22:43:33] <vargas> (retcon)
[22:43:37] <vargas> (I misunderstood)
[22:43:45] <d_m> There you go.
[22:43:50] <vargas> [He didn't realize we knew she was dead]
[22:43:55] <d_m> correct.
[22:44:33] <solaire> <ibram> "You're outnumbered, your men are dead, and there isn't a person on this continent who can stop me."
[22:45:08] <solaire> <ibram> "I don't want to kill you. Call it sentimentality. But I want her body back, and we both get to walk away."
[22:45:32] <serribon> (pretty bold talk for a guy who didn't have a skull a three days ago)
[22:45:35] <d_m> Danner Kervice adjusts his gauntlets. "I don't know who you think you are, but I promise you, you do not know me. Now, cease this useless discourse. Lay down your arms, and I will allow you to return to your mission and retrieve what's mine."
[22:45:46] <solaire> <ibram> "Butif you don't tell me, I'll kill you, and my friend will bring your corpse back JUST enough to tell us where she is."
[22:46:10] <d_m> Danner stares at the insolent helmeted knight before him.
[22:46:24] <solaire> <ibram> *stares back, the fires of his anger banked*
[22:47:06] <acadia> (Didn't Ibram take the helmet off earlier?)
[22:47:16] <d_m> He did, but he would have put it back on for combat.
[22:47:25] <d_m> Those of you with training in sense motive can feel the heat in the air between the two warriors. They stare at one another. Danner grins.
[22:47:36] <acadia> (Oh I'm with you)
[22:47:53] <d_m> But something else interrupts the moment. There is a sudden weirdness in the air.
[22:48:06] <vargas> (spellcraft?)
[22:48:07] <serribon> (what's the check to gauge the combat prowess of your opponent?)
[22:48:12] <serribon> (oh, damn)
[22:48:40] <d_m> Dimension Door spell, Vargas.
[22:48:46] * Vargas drops Haste.
[22:48:58] <vargas> [Tele ambush!]
[22:49:02] <d_m> And with a crackle and electric flash, the wizard appears, bowed on one knee, looking a little tentacle-raped.
[22:49:11] <solaire> <ibram> *stab*
[22:49:12] <d_m> He is accompanied by his three least-tentacle-raped mooks.
[22:49:14] <serribon> Distance?
[22:49:34] <d_m> Fifteen feet to Danner. Wizard appears ten feet to the left of Danner.
[22:49:47] <acadia> (Am I here now?)
[22:49:48] <d_m> Vargas drops Haste.
[22:49:51] <vargas> (init?)
[22:49:58] <d_m> You are, Acadia, though still stuck in the doorway.
[22:50:02] <d_m> And yes. INIT!
[22:50:06] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+1
[22:50:06] <clockwork> Acadia: 20:19+1
[22:50:12] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
[22:50:13] <clockwork> Vargas, (init): 10:9+1
[22:50:30] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+7
[22:50:30] <clockwork> Serribon: 10:3+7
[22:50:35] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20
[22:50:35] <clockwork> Magnus_: 19
[22:50:40] <serribon> (what the what)
[22:50:42] <acadia> (Call lightning storm should still be up, yes? 10 min?)
[22:50:50] <d_m> Yes, Acadia.
[22:51:00] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+7
[22:51:01] <clockwork> D_M: 25:18+7
[22:51:24] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+6
[22:51:25] <clockwork> D_M: 24:18+6
[22:51:47] <d_m> Ibram, INIT?
[22:51:50] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[22:51:50] <clockwork> Solaire: 10:8+2
[22:51:52] <solaire> haha
[22:51:53] <solaire> ibram'
[22:52:16] <vargas> (This is going to be interesting!)
[22:52:22] <d_m> ,roll 1d20
[22:52:22] <clockwork> D_M: 14
[22:52:51] <serribon> (Ok. Who ordered up the DragonQuest boss battle?)
[22:53:14] <vargas> (Bill did. And he's been waiting for like 6 months)
[22:53:36] <d_m> Ibram, as you lunge forward, Danner kicks the **** out of that table, sending it crashing forward into your knees, interrupting your rush. The Wizard has just expended his action, but his three mooks spread out between you and Danner, going for the flank just out of reach. Serribon, you can get an AoO on one on the left as he moves in.
[22:53:50] <d_m> Acadia, you may drop a lightning bolt.
[22:54:00] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20
[22:54:01] <clockwork> Serribon: 23:3+20
[22:54:14] <d_m> Dink. It glances off.
[22:54:28] <acadia> Target bad wizard
[22:54:31] <acadia> ,roll 5d6
[22:54:32] <clockwork> Acadia: 16
[22:54:35] <d_m> Roger. DC is 18?
[22:54:36] <acadia> (DC 18)
[22:54:45] <acadia> (yep)
[22:55:00] <vargas> (hey, Acadia)
[22:55:02] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5
[22:55:03] <clockwork> D_M: 16:11+5
[22:55:05] <vargas> (May I suggest something?)
[22:55:11] <vargas> (crap, Ancient already rolled)
[22:55:26] <vargas> (I was going to suggest baleful polymorph, better save, instant kill)
[22:55:34] <d_m> And failed. 16 damage to the wizard.
[22:55:41] <acadia> (Ohhh true. Will do on next turn)
[22:55:43] <d_m> That's true. You can try that one next time.
[22:55:49] <d_m> Link it now.
[22:56:16] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/baleful-polymorph
[22:56:17] <d_m> Magnus, you are behind Serribon, Ibram, and Vargas, so you're a little trapped in the doorway.
[22:56:21] <d_m> Your move, though.
[22:56:42] <magnus_> (Can I see Danner or the bad wizard?)
[22:56:56] <d_m> You can see Danner well enough to target a spell.
[22:57:00] <d_m> And the wizard, too.
[22:57:32] <d_m> Quickly.
[22:58:08] <d_m> Serribon, you're next. Ibram is on your right, five feet ahead of you. You've got one guy between you and Kervic, one guy coming at you from front left, and behind that one is the enemy wizard.
[22:58:16] <d_m> The other mook is off on the right flank, past Ibram.
[22:58:56] <d_m> Magnus, post when you're able. Serribon, go ahead and go.
[22:59:00] <vargas> (Ibram, Serribon, and I all go on the same init yes?)
[22:59:16] <vargas> (Are you thinking what I'm thinking?)
[22:59:29] <serribon> (you got a dim step handy?)
[22:59:34] <vargas> (Oh yes, I do)
[22:59:54] <serribon> (I dig it)
[22:59:55] <vargas> (240 feet per day. I have more to burn)
[23:00:32] * Magnus_ growls slightly as he looks at Danner. His shield's center glows a tad as he casts Hold Person on the man.
[23:00:33] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person
[23:00:33] <d_m> DC?
[23:00:37] <magnus_> 17
[23:01:24] * Vargas grabs Ibram and Serribon, and dimension steps them into flanking positions around the wizard with Vargas himself on the opposite side of the room. Ibram between him and Danner, and both S & I between him at the other wizard's meat shields.
[23:01:59] * Serribon commits Power Violence.
[23:02:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20
[23:02:08] <clockwork> Serribon: 25:5+20
[23:02:12] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+15
[23:02:13] <clockwork> Serribon: 27:12+15
[23:02:16] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+10
[23:02:16] <clockwork> Serribon: 24:14+10
[23:02:19] <vargas> (flank, haste, and human bane serri)
[23:02:20] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20
[23:02:20] <clockwork> Serribon: 27:7+20
[23:02:53] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+8
[23:02:53] <clockwork> D_M: 23:15+8
[23:02:56] <solaire> (Oh we're hitting the wizard? Poor guy. :3)
[23:03:00] <d_m> Danner is unaffected by Hold Person.
[23:03:06] <serribon> Ok. Add three to each of those, then
[23:03:07] <d_m> All right, to the three of you.
[23:03:15] <d_m> Hold one sec.
[23:03:16] <serribon> (I am. You should probably hit danner)
[23:04:15] <d_m> Vargas grabs Ibram and Serribon each by the elbow and Steps. In an instant he has moved you all across the room, and as he steps out the far side of the spell, Serribon is next to the enemy Wizard, and Ibram is standing at Danner's right hand.
[23:04:41] <d_m> Serribon and Ibram each have a full round of action. Serribon uses his to unload on the wizard.
[23:05:20] <solaire> <ibram> *unloads on Danner*
[23:05:33] <d_m> And every one of Serribon's blows lands, I think. One more sec...
[23:05:56] <serribon> (28, 30, 27,30)
[23:06:20] <d_m> Roger. All hit. Roll damage.
[23:06:43] <serribon> (if this is a human wizard, anyway? just want to be honest)
[23:06:49] <d_m> Human.
[23:06:57] <vargas> (you never know, roll the bones!)
[23:07:05] <d_m> Ibram, you may unload on Kervic.
[23:07:43] <serribon> ,roll 4d10+48
[23:07:44] <serribon> + another 8. forgot bane again
[23:07:44] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:07:44] <clockwork> Serribon: 64:16+48
[23:07:45] <clockwork> Solaire: 43:19+24
[23:07:48] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[23:07:48] <clockwork> Solaire: 39:20+19
[23:07:50] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[23:07:50] <clockwork> Solaire: 26:7+19
[23:07:53] <serribon> 72 total
[23:07:54] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:07:55] <clockwork> Solaire: 39:15+24
[23:08:01] <d_m> Serribon, GUPC.
[23:08:04] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+14
[23:08:04] <vargas> (oh my god, Ibram. Did your crit twice?)
[23:08:04] <clockwork> Solaire: 27:13+14
[23:08:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[23:08:07] <clockwork> Serribon: 20:1+19
[23:08:10] <solaire> (almost)
[23:08:15] <serribon> (man, what?)
[23:08:19] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:08:19] <clockwork> Solaire: 41:17+24
[23:08:26] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:08:26] <clockwork> Solaire: 29:5+24
[23:08:30] <solaire> (quite possibly)
[23:08:51] <d_m> Ibram, a 27 hits.
[23:09:18] <solaire> Aping the nearcrit then
[23:09:22] <d_m> ok.
[23:09:54] <solaire> So 4 hits, 3 crits
[23:10:09] <d_m> Serribon, you land a withering series of attacks, and he should have gone down, but he did not. For some reason, your blows did not leave the marks they should have upon the wizard.
[23:10:16] <d_m> Roll the damages, Ibram.
[23:10:33] <solaire> ,roll 7d8+70
[23:10:33] <clockwork> Solaire: 102:32+70
[23:10:37] <vargas> (is it like stoneskin, GM? Could V notice?)
[23:10:43] <solaire> ,roll 8d6
[23:10:43] <clockwork> Solaire: 30
[23:10:45] <d_m> Vargas could notice with a sufficient GUPC.
[23:10:49] <solaire> 132 points of damage
[23:10:52] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
[23:10:53] <clockwork> Vargas, (perc): 32:13+19
[23:11:47] <d_m> Amazing, Ibram, but you too are up against Stoneskin. So -10 for each distinct hit.
[23:12:00] <solaire> so he takes
[23:12:00] <vargas> (Ibram's sword is adamatine, it bypasses stoneskin.)
[23:12:09] <d_m> Oh, bloody hell.
[23:12:14] <serribon> (hahaha)
[23:12:18] <d_m> Danner is not down, but, wowzers. He is close.
[23:12:40] <solaire> (Ibram is willing to acceptsurrender because Bill likes having enemies come back to haunt him)
[23:12:50] <d_m> He is absolutely staggered by the hellfire you unleash upon him.
[23:12:54] <d_m> But this ain't over yet.
[23:13:32] <d_m> Danner goes next.
[23:13:40] <solaire> <ibram> *unleashes a thunderous series of blows in the initial melee, hammering against the armor with his longsword as if he were at the forge, and e's trying to break danner on the anvil*
[23:13:59] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHeuZ-m1tek
[23:14:03] * Serribon is highly annoyed by this turn of events.
[23:14:03] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+22
[23:14:03] <clockwork> D_M: 23:1+22
[23:14:06] <d_m> Really, Danner?
[23:14:09] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+22
[23:14:09] <clockwork> D_M: 30:8+22
[23:14:13] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+17
[23:14:13] <clockwork> D_M: 32:15+17
[23:14:22] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+12
[23:14:22] <clockwork> D_M: 18:6+12
[23:14:47] <d_m> One hit? The dice are speaking loudly tonight.
[23:15:06] <serribon> (more like making a wet raspberry at us)
[23:15:14] <d_m> ,roll 1d8+9
[23:15:14] <clockwork> D_M: 15:6+9
[23:15:24] <d_m> You take a grand total of 15, Ibram. I hope you can handle it.
[23:15:39] <solaire> <ibram> *is hurt, no doubt, but it doesn't knock him over by any stretch*
[23:15:53] <vargas> (Ibram is like the Heavy with a Medic giving him Ubercharge)
[23:18:08] <d_m> The wizard, meanwhile, five-foots away from Serribon and attempts to cast a spell.
[23:18:31] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+14
[23:18:31] <clockwork> D_M: 27:13+14
[23:18:32] <serribon> AoO?
[23:18:34] <vargas> (He can attempt to cast defensively based on the spell)
[23:18:37] <d_m> He is able to cast defensively.
[23:18:51] <serribon> So what did he do?
[23:19:28] <d_m> It's last ditch. He fires a fireball over your heads. It'll catch the three of you if he puts it right in the corner.
[23:19:52] <vargas> (clever. Desperate, and clever)
[23:19:57] <d_m> Ref DC 17
[23:19:59] <vargas> (+1 ref saves from haste boys)
[23:20:01] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+12
[23:20:01] <clockwork> Serribon: 19:7+12
[23:20:13] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+10 (save!)
[23:20:13] <clockwork> Vargas, (save!): 22:12+10
[23:20:41] <serribon> (wait, is that all you have to do to get it to give you a good roll? command it to save? Ibby try it)
[23:20:57] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+5
[23:20:58] <clockwork> Solaire: 17:12+5
[23:21:11] <solaire> oh 18
[23:21:13] <d_m> heh.
[23:21:16] <vargas> (Ibram's on ubercharge tonight, guys)
[23:21:51] <d_m> ,roll 10d6+5
[23:21:52] <clockwork> D_M: 36:31+5
[23:22:00] <d_m> 18 damage each.
[23:22:05] <vargas> (ooh, evoker specialty!)
[23:22:05] <d_m> Except you know who.
[23:22:11] <vargas> (9 dmg for you, Magnus.)
[23:22:28] <serribon> (is fireball ref half?)
[23:22:30] <solaire> <ibram> *grunts in pain* "Not bad..."
[23:22:31] <vargas> (yes)
[23:22:31] <solaire> (Yes)
[23:22:32] <d_m> YEs, Serri.
[23:22:53] <d_m> You are the you know who.
[23:23:01] <d_m> Meanwhile, the mooks make their moves...
[23:23:04] * Magnus_ smokes a little.
[23:23:16] <d_m> One of them attempts to tackle Ibram, with an assist from another.
[23:23:51] <solaire> (Tonight I even have ending credit music)
[23:24:10] * Serribon leaps almost straight up into the air, right above the blast radius and lands lightly on his feet.
[23:24:13] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+16 Grapple, provokes
[23:24:14] <clockwork> D_M, Grapple, provokes: 35:19+16
[23:24:35] <vargas> (Ibby, smack him and jack up that DC)
[23:24:51] <solaire> <ibram> *stab*
[23:24:53] <d_m> The other one charges to interpose himself between Serribon and the wizard. AoO as he closes, Serribon.
[23:24:57] <d_m> Ibram, AoO.
[23:25:01] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:25:02] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:8+24
[23:25:04] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+22
[23:25:05] <clockwork> Serribon: 38:16+22
[23:25:07] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+10
[23:25:08] <clockwork> Solaire: 11:1+10
[23:25:13] <solaire> ,roll 2d6
[23:25:13] <clockwork> Solaire: 11
[23:25:14] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+13
[23:25:14] <clockwork> Serribon: 20:7+13
[23:25:24] <solaire> he takes 21 damage during his grapple
[23:25:25] <d_m> Ibram, does a 24 hit your Combat Maneuver Defense?
[23:25:38] <d_m> Oh, take it back.
[23:25:42] <d_m> forgot the bane spell.
[23:25:56] <d_m> His grapple fails.
[23:26:05] <d_m> serribon, hit.
[23:26:16] <solaire> <ibram> *smashes him back with a few less teeth courtesy of a slice along the mouth*
[23:26:33] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+17 vs Serribon
[23:26:33] <clockwork> D_M, vs Serribon: 37:20+17
[23:26:36] <d_m> Threat.
[23:26:39] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+17
[23:26:40] <clockwork> D_M: 28:11+17
[23:26:43] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:26:44] <clockwork> Serribon: 1
[23:26:46] <serribon> Nope
[23:26:47] <vargas> (lol)
[23:26:48] <d_m> Crit on the charge--Really?
[23:26:49] <solaire> (Ninjar)
[23:26:51] <d_m> Really.
[23:26:56] <d_m> The dice speak.
[23:26:59] <d_m> So let it be written.
[23:27:00] <vargas> (Serribon is evasion tanking)
[23:27:16] <d_m> Acadia, you have wiggled most of yourself into the room.
[23:27:34] <acadia> The wizard is still a pain, yes?
[23:27:44] <d_m> The wizard is still a factor, yes.
[23:27:47] <serribon> (yes, and resistant to melee damage)
[23:27:52] <acadia> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/baleful-polymorph
[23:28:00] <d_m> DC?
[23:28:02] <acadia> DC 18
[23:28:05] <acadia> Fortitude
[23:28:14] <acadia> Fort negates, will partial
[23:29:01] <d_m> (This just started on my itunes shuffle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbPX4xrKNlM)
[23:29:21] <vargas> (hehehee)
[23:29:24] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5 (Fort)
[23:29:25] <clockwork> D_M, (Fort): 11:6+5
[23:29:29] <d_m> What form, Acadia?
[23:29:38] <serribon> (gerbil!)
[23:29:45] <d_m> Wait, Acadia.
[23:29:52] <d_m> Everyone, post your votes for what form she should use.
[23:29:57] <solaire> (Snail)
[23:29:59] <vargas> (Snail!)
[23:30:07] <d_m> One for gerbil. Two for snail.
[23:30:09] <vargas> (Eastern Mountain Snail)
[23:30:11] <serribon> (vote withdrawn)
[23:30:17] <d_m> Magnus, if you're here...
[23:30:22] <magnus_> (Snail)
[23:30:39] <d_m> Acadia, the group votes snail, but the choice is yours.
[23:30:45] <acadia> Snail it is.
[23:31:09] <d_m> When this happened to Vargas, he failed the first roll, but succeeded in the crucial second roll. Will this wizard be so fortunate? Let the dice speak.
[23:31:30] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+9
[23:31:30] <clockwork> D_M: 13:4+9
[23:31:43] <vargas> (aww man, snail brained)
[23:31:50] <acadia> (poor guy)
[23:32:29] <d_m> He is not. He becomes a snail entirely, in body and in mind. The wizard as he was is gone, suspended in time. A mere potential, placed on hold, replaced with this small, mindless creature.
[23:33:08] <d_m> Magnus, your turn. You are with acadia at the door. Two guys are trying to flank Ibram in his duel with Danner. One is trying to protect the wizard from Serribon--but Acadia just roared, and the Wizard disappeared.
[23:34:04] <serribon> (for your next act, turn Danner into this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucochloridium_paradoxum)
[23:34:57] <acadia> (Gross!)
[23:35:34] <vargas> (I wish Vargas was the kind of guy to make taunts in battle, but it's not really modus operendi for wizards.)
[23:35:47] <vargas> (His idea of a taunt is FIRE~BALL)
[23:35:57] <d_m> Magnus, your go. Meanwhile...
[23:36:05] <serribon> (Power Word: Nana-nana boo-boo)
[23:36:11] * Magnus_ moves to flank one of the guys getting snarky with Ibram and will attack if possible.
[23:36:21] <d_m> Magnus, you can come up behind him and attack. Roll it.
[23:36:26] <d_m> You can use a charge+flank, too.
[23:36:40] <d_m> For a total +4 on the attack.
[23:36:50] <serribon> (+haste)
[23:36:59] <d_m> Yeah, plus all the other stuff.
[23:37:03] <magnus_> (haste adds +1 right?)
[23:37:07] <serribon> (yup)
[23:37:08] <d_m> Yes.
[23:37:22] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+16
[23:37:22] <clockwork> Magnus_: 24:8+16
[23:37:27] <d_m> Hit.
[23:37:30] <d_m> Serribon, there is one mook between you and the snail.
[23:37:34] <serribon> (swing batter)
[23:37:35] <d_m> roll damage, Magnus.
[23:38:00] <d_m> Ibram, the mooks are attacking you from the side, but Magnus has charged into the fray to distract them, and you know Serribon's got your back.
[23:38:38] <d_m> So your foe stands before you.
[23:38:38] <magnus_> (How many attacks to I get with the haste and movement?)
[23:38:38] <d_m> Just the one.
[23:38:38] <serribon> (just the one. charging takes your turn)
[23:38:38] <d_m> Haste only adds an additional attack on a Full Attack action (stand-and-fight)
[23:39:00] <magnus_> ,roll 1d8+4+1d6
[23:39:01] <clockwork> Magnus_: 12:5+4+3
[23:39:33] <d_m> You clout him on the back of the head, and give him frostbite to boot.
[23:39:34] * Serribon drops Os Thornis and moves to join Ibram in flanking Danner - pulling out a honking big axe as he goes.
[23:39:49] <d_m> Serribon, one sec.
[23:40:53] <serribon> (Mags was using the greataxe, I think. believe he gets prof from being a horc)
[23:41:44] <magnus_> (He does with the great axe)
[23:41:45] <d_m> The current tactical situation is, you stand between Vargas and two mooks. One to the south, between you and the snail, and one to the east, between you and Ibram. That one is flanking Ibram with Danner. The third mook is south of Ibram, flanked by Magnus. There is no clear route to the far side of Danner, but with a five foot step, you can be adjacent to basically all three mooks.
[23:42:02] <magnus_> (but the axe is put away in the haversack for now)
[23:42:40] <serribon> (Oh)
[23:42:41] <serribon> Ah. Well, in that case, yeah, taking on clean-up so ibram can focus fire.
[23:42:46] <d_m> All right. Let it fly.
[23:42:53] <d_m> Ibram, your foe is before you.
[23:42:59] * Serribon leaps in and unleashes on the mooks. (guess I'll resolve individually)
[23:43:00] <vargas> (question)
[23:43:06] <d_m> Sure, Serri.
[23:43:08] <serribon> (yus?)
[23:43:08] <d_m> Vargas, shoot.
[23:43:25] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI now
[23:43:29] <vargas> (we go on the same pass, yeah? My action affects all of theirs, and previously we waited for V to d-step them)
[23:43:30] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:43:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 34:10+24
[23:43:34] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[23:43:34] <clockwork> Solaire: 35:16+19
[23:43:37] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+14
[23:43:38] <clockwork> Solaire: 33:19+14
[23:43:38] <vargas> (I would like to resolve before they attack)
[23:43:43] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:43:43] <clockwork> Solaire: 37:13+24
[23:43:49] <solaire> ,roll 4d8+40
[23:43:50] <clockwork> Solaire: 57:17+40
[23:43:54] <solaire> ,roll 8d6
[23:43:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 35
[23:43:54] <d_m> Vargas, you do go first.
[23:44:00] <serribon> (let's do that, Ibby. Hol' up)
[23:44:05] * Vargas begins speaking long, slow words which are uncannily precise. It's like he's speaking in a normal voice but you hear it through some kind of doppler effect. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/slow (will save, DC 19)
[23:44:07] <solaire> (okay)
[23:44:27] <vargas> (I want to turn off some of those badguy full attacks that are coming up)
[23:44:38] <vargas> (-1 to their AC doesn't hurt either)
[23:44:47] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4
[23:44:48] <clockwork> D_M: 18:14+4
[23:44:49] <serribon> (I'ma let you finish, but Vargas is the greatest wizard of all time. Of All Time!"
[23:44:50] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4
[23:44:50] <clockwork> D_M: 12:8+4
[23:44:52] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4
[23:44:52] <clockwork> D_M: 14:10+4
[23:45:00] <acadia> (lolz)
[23:45:01] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+8
[23:45:01] <clockwork> D_M: 28:20+8
[23:45:07] <d_m> Danner is unaffected. The mooks are all hit.
[23:45:12] <vargas> (Danner doesn't disappoint)
[23:45:45] <d_m> Serribon, let's have your salvo before I turn to Ibram.
[23:46:00] <serribon> From my new position, do I have flanky on any of the individual mooks?
[23:46:03] <solaire> (Aight)
[23:46:40] <d_m> Serribon, if you don't 5-foot-step, you get flank on the one behind Ibram, but the one Magnus is fighting stays out of reach.
[23:47:00] <d_m> So you stand still, take flank on one, and have another adjacent if you finish that one off.
[23:47:42] <serribon> I'm five-footing it first. Same retconned action as before the magic interrupt
[23:47:43] <serribon> Puts all three in range - who's pincered between who?
[23:48:39] <d_m> Ok. To your N, one target on Ibram's back. To your E, one target between Ibram and Magnus. To your W, one target.
[23:48:51] <serribon> Ok
[23:49:10] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21 (N)
[23:49:24] <clockwork> Serribon, (N): 40:19+21
[23:49:25] <d_m> Vargas, you can 5-foot North to put a little extra space between you and the one free mook.
[23:49:25] <d_m> Hit.
[23:49:25] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[23:49:26] <clockwork> Serribon: 19:7+12
[23:49:37] <d_m> Hit, but alive.
[23:49:48] <vargas> (I'd like to such that he has to take a move action to get to me, and thus can't attack)
[23:49:51] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16 (N)
[23:49:52] <clockwork> Serribon, (N): 28:12+16
[23:50:06] <d_m> (Exactly, V, and has to provoke AoOs if he does move.)
[23:50:08] <d_m> Hit, Serri.
[23:50:10] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[23:50:10] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:10+12
[23:50:33] <d_m> Dropped.
[23:50:48] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+18 (forgetting bane again. W)
[23:50:49] <clockwork> Serribon, (forgetting bane again. W): 20:2+18
[23:50:55] <d_m> AP it.
[23:50:58] <d_m> 24 to hit.
[23:51:08] <serribon> I've got another at full BAB
[23:51:15] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+22
[23:51:15] <clockwork> Serribon: 28:6+22
[23:51:19] <d_m> Ok. Hit.
[23:51:28] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+12
[23:51:28] <clockwork> Serribon: 20:8+12
[23:51:33] <d_m> Solid hit, but he's not down.
[23:51:40] <serribon> er, +14
[23:51:46] <d_m> 22 total?
[23:51:49] <serribon> yeah
[23:51:50] <d_m> solid hit, but he's not down.
[23:51:53] <serribon> roger
[23:51:57] <d_m> done?
[23:52:00] <serribon> Yep
[23:52:01] <d_m> Ibram, going back to you.
[23:52:24] <d_m> You laid into Danner Kervic, ignoring the poor peasants who tried to dog-pile you so ineffectually.
[23:52:59] <solaire> Yes he did
[23:53:10] <solaire> <ibram> *has always had a hateboner for dickhead nobility, this is a pattern*
[23:53:33] <vargas> (Danner had best cry for mercy, or we're going to need a wetvac)
[23:54:31] <serribon> (probably won't need much more than a sham-wow)
[23:54:33] <d_m> He gave you one good cut, did Kervic, but you parried the rest and regained the momentum. Slash, to the off arm, causing it to go limp. Chop to the chest, denting his armor and breaking one of his ribs. A crashing overhand blow onto his shoulder on his sword-arm, and he crumples to the floor, his sword clattering. Your fourth blow is about to land, a sure killer, but you realize you have him dead to rights.
[23:54:36] <d_m> Do you kill?
[23:57:06] <d_m> Acadia, you squeeze into the room where you have a little more space to maneuver. You watch the moment play out as Ibram Corbec looms over a fallen Danner Kervic, his weapon poised to finish the man.
[23:57:38] <d_m> Magnus, roll your full attack against your enemy right quick, while we wait for Ibram to make his decision.
[23:57:43] <d_m> You're not acting yet, I just want your rolls.
[23:58:15] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+16
[23:58:15] <clockwork> Magnus_: 24:8+16
[23:58:16] <d_m> And Serribon, roll me one attack at best BAB as well.
[23:58:24] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+11
[23:58:25] <clockwork> Magnus_: 18:7+11
[23:58:32] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+16
[23:58:32] <clockwork> Magnus_: 22:6+16
[23:58:32] <solaire> <ibram> *doesn't kill. He does put the blade to his neck*
[23:58:33] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:58:33] <clockwork> Serribon: 37:16+21
[23:58:44] <solaire> <ibram> "It's over, Danner. Miriam and you live."
[23:58:46] <d_m> Magnus, flank but no charge bonus.
[23:59:01] <magnus_> so..minus 4 on those.
[23:59:08] <d_m> Only -2.
[23:59:16] <d_m> You are flanking (+2) but not charging.
[23:59:19] <solaire> put a comma in there
[23:59:34] <d_m> 22 and 20 are both in AP range, Magnus. Would you like to spend APs for the hits?
[23:59:48] <magnus_> Sure.
[23:59:54] <d_m> Roll 1d6+1d6 twice.
[00:00:09] <magnus_> ,roll 1d6+1d6
[00:00:09] <clockwork> Magnus_: 7:2+5
[00:00:20] <d_m> And mark 2 APs spent this level.
[00:00:21] <magnus_> ,roll 1d6+1d6
[00:00:21] <clockwork> Magnus_: 4:1+3
[00:00:30] <d_m> First hits. Second does not.
[00:00:44] <d_m> Serribon, damage roll please.
[00:00:47] <d_m> Magnus, damage roll pleas.
[00:00:57] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+13
[00:00:57] <clockwork> Serribon: 22:9+13
[00:01:06] <magnus_> ,roll 1d8+4+1d6
[00:01:06] <clockwork> Magnus_: 10:3+4+3
[00:01:23] <d_m> So it happens like this:
[00:02:37] <d_m> Ibram hammers on Kervic, beating the last of the resistance out of him, and he falls. He experiences it in slow motion, his sword arm going limp as his collar bone breaks. His feet going out from under him. The room rotating around him as he topples backwards. He can see everything in his heightened psychitachia.
[00:03:31] <d_m> The half-orc pulls the guard off of Ibram with one great, green-black hand, setting him up for a devastating forehand mace blow to the skull. The guard crumples.
[00:05:03] <d_m> Even as he falls, the other, the last remaining guard, launches for the only target he might possible take as a hostage to turn the tables here. Vargas. But he has to get past Serribon, and Danner Kervic watches the dark half-elf whirl and lash out, catching him across the leg with a devastating strike of his bone-headed halberd. The last guard staggers as he rushes at Vargas.
[00:05:19] <d_m> Vargas, the man is coming at you, but slowly, off balance, and on his last legs.
[00:05:38] <d_m> Feel free to take an action.
[00:05:59] * Vargas casts Magic Missile.
[00:06:10] <vargas> ,roll 5d4+5
[00:06:10] <clockwork> Vargas: 20:15+5
[00:06:39] <d_m> It's weird, by the way, watching the effects of a Slow spell. He's not exactly in slow motion. It's more like... what normal people look like when you're hasted. With the two combined, he really does seem to be staggering toward you in bullet time. Or maybe your mind is just racing like Danners.
[00:06:40] * Vargas doesn't even think. It's not a moral action. It's just straight up battle calculus even as the battle comes to its conclusion.
[00:06:46] <d_m> Phutphutphutphutphut.
[00:07:52] <d_m> You stitch him with a burst from your finger gun. Danner crashes onto his back and sees, through Ibram's legs, what had been the last surviving guard crash face first to the floor and slide to a stop at Vargas's feet.
[00:08:13] <d_m> A giant bear is emerging from the stairwell, struggling to get its mass into the room, but at last it succeeds.
[00:08:41] <d_m> He looks up. Ibram is over him, holding death above him, waiting to drop it.
[00:08:53] <d_m> And Ibram pauses.
[00:08:56] <vargas> [I will secure the stairwell.]
[00:09:05] <solaire> <ibram> *looks down, chest heaving, blood smeared all over him from every other person that he's killed to get to the point*
[00:09:06] * Vargas takes watch.
[00:09:41] * Acadia goes sniffing about, trying to get a whiff of Miriam
[00:09:42] <d_m> "Very well. I'll tell you where she is."
[00:09:56] <d_m> The giant bear sniffs about, and finds a snail, and snuffles at it.
[00:09:59] <solaire> <ibram> *nods, but keeps the sword up*
[00:10:39] <solaire> (All I can imagine us doing is going "where is the wizard?" And then Acadia burps and a hat falls out of her mouth)
[00:11:04] <vargas> (She'd have to puke him up because I want that spellbook. But that's for later!)
[00:11:08] <d_m> Vargas, you can hear mooks coming. They must have overwhelmed your tentacles with their dead bodies by now.
[00:11:10] <serribon> (heh. yeah. Or Petite doing it. Though I don't know if gators can burp)
[00:11:35] <d_m> Oh yeah! Petite. He trundles in looking pleased with himself, a little bit of guard hanging off his jaw.
[00:11:50] <solaire> (on the bright side if we do win like this)
[00:11:59] <solaire> (We're gonna have stories told about us for YEARS)
[00:12:23] <vargas> (confirming action with GM)
[00:13:07] <d_m> Ibram, as you stand over him, he pushes himself up and staggers over to a small desk. He rummages through it and finds a map. Ibram, he shows you a place on the map.
[00:13:20] <d_m> It's a couple days west of where you are now.
[00:13:50] <d_m> Magnus, you are free to act, as are you Serribon.
[00:14:14] <solaire> <ibram> *nods, and says* "All right. Good thing you're armored, old boy. Its time for us all to go on a journey."
[00:14:59] <solaire> <ibram> "Bind him up, its time for us to get out of here."
[00:15:26] * Serribon gets out the rope.
[00:15:39] <magnus_> "And the snail?"
[00:15:56] <vargas> "Grab it. I want his spellbook."
[00:16:03] * Acadia pushes it around the floor.
[00:16:04] <serribon> "We should put him some place nice. Mind-death is a horrible fate."
[00:16:07] <vargas> "We need to pick up Brrk."
[00:16:42] * Vargas pulls another scroll from his pack, and turns it to dust. A semi-circular wall of flame fills the staircase.
[00:16:50] <serribon> "I'll do it."
[00:16:51] <solaire> <ibram> "Brrk? GET UP HERE!" *he roars out the window*
[00:17:00] <serribon> "Or we can do that."
[00:17:25] <d_m> You have a couple more hostages up here, inthe form of the two servants and the butler.
[00:17:35] * Magnus_ sheathes his mace and reaches down to pick up the snail. "You know these things are quite good."
[00:17:37] <vargas> [We need to pick Brrk up, then we evac. Got it? Put the snail in a bag, and you've got Danner bound?]
[00:17:42] <serribon> We have a *lot* of rope.
[00:18:06] <serribon> and, I presume, curtains and stuff to make temporary bindings
[00:18:07] <solaire> (Who is acutally good atrope use?)
[00:18:25] <d_m> Use rope is no longer a skill. Anyone with Grapple can use rope for binding.
[00:18:39] <d_m> So warrior types are good at tying people up.
[00:18:50] * Magnus_ looks around and stuffs the snail in a small pouch, "Just saying."
[00:18:52] <solaire> <ibram> *bindy bind then*
[00:18:58] <serribon> I also have survival which would come with knot-tying
[00:19:02] <solaire> <ibram> *mouth too*
[00:19:07] <solaire> (So does ibram, max level actually)
[00:19:10] <d_m> As you finish that, you hear a tell-tale pitter patter outside the window, and a moment latter a tiny figure with a giant football head and glittering teeth jumps in, all huffing and puffing.
[00:19:19] <vargas> "Brrk!"
[00:19:25] <solaire> <ibram> "Did you get the dogs?"
[00:19:28] <d_m> "Brrk is done! All the horses gone, all the dogs dead!"
[00:19:36] <solaire> <ibram> "Good job! Come on then, its time for us to go!"
[00:19:45] <vargas> "Huddle up. All of you. Everyone who is going on this trip."
[00:19:47] <d_m> "Better go now, yes! Building in big fire!"
[00:20:06] <vargas> [Who are we taking, Ibram?]
[00:20:18] <d_m> A note, before you go.
[00:20:31] <solaire> (The truth about bioshock infinite)
[00:20:46] <solaire> [all of us, danner, and the snail)
[00:20:49] <solaire> http://i.imgur.com/3I50mlsl.jpg
[00:20:52] <d_m> If you take Danner Kervic and keep him, the Kervics will hunt you forever. If you leave Danner Kervic behind, he will get to your next target ahead of you, almost certainly.
[00:20:58] <serribon> (Bioshock was the name of his sled!)
[00:21:08] <d_m> (Hah.)
[00:21:18] <solaire> (I love his face there)
[00:21:24] <vargas> (That's okay. We don't need him forever. Just a while.)
[00:21:25] <d_m> You all huddle up.
[00:21:39] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (quick scan for anything valuable to grab)
[00:21:40] <clockwork> Vargas, (quick scan for anything valuable to grab): 23:4+19
[00:21:44] <solaire> (Yeah we're not keeping him as perma-hostage. Just long enuogh to get miriam then he comes back)
[00:21:48] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+1
[00:21:49] <clockwork> Solaire: 3:2+1
[00:21:55] <solaire> <ibram> *Of course can't see shit*
[00:22:00] <d_m> You guys Greyhawk the place like pros, though.
[00:22:09] <serribon> (I have a different idea. We leave him in the shadowlands)
[00:22:11] <d_m> Because, well, you are. Professional looters.
[00:22:16] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+5
[00:22:16] <clockwork> Magnus_: 11:6+5
[00:22:31] <d_m> Acadia, you can revert for travel, I think, if you would prefer.
[00:22:34] <magnus_> (looking for the second gate ring too..if it's here)
[00:22:41] <vargas> (GM, can the butler and servents escape, or are they going to die in a fire?)
[00:22:42] * Acadia will revert.
[00:22:47] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
[00:22:47] <clockwork> Serribon, (perc): 20:1+19
[00:22:53] <serribon> gorram
[00:22:54] <d_m> They'll escape if they want to. Window's open.
[00:23:02] <d_m> Vargas, do it.
[00:23:10] <solaire> <ibram> "Get the fuck out of here you dolts!"
[00:23:18] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[00:23:18] <clockwork> Solaire: 29:8+21
[00:23:23] <solaire> (Scaring hem out the wnidow)
[00:23:29] <vargas> "Remember, no matter what, don't stray from the path. Follow my light, or you die."
[00:23:29] <d_m> Got it.
[00:23:38] * Vargas casts, Shadow Walk.
[00:24:44] <solaire> (Is this a good moment to cut to credits?)
[00:25:07] <d_m> And just like that, the firelight outside the window fades, and the firelight in the stairwell fades, and the room darkens and greys. And the way is before you. Carefully, you move out, toward the door beside the fireplace, into the next room, and the room beyond that.
[00:26:22] <d_m> At some point, your dim surroundings are no longer man-made, but natural, or natural-ish. You are moving through the forest again, and the quiet. And it is absolutely dark. Your torches barely light the path as it winds through looming trees and shadows that seem to reach for you in the night.
[00:26:41] <d_m> You dare not stay long on this way, Vargas. It's just too dark, doing this at night in a foreign land.
[00:26:56] <d_m> But you are well clear of the fort in short order, that much at least you can take for certain.
[00:27:17] <vargas> "I think this is far enough. I can't see the path much further."
[00:27:36] <d_m> So you leave its great pyre behind you and walk the path back into the land of natural night.
[00:27:51] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wTSFhEOW3Xk#t=23s This is the music dat plays as we walk away then
[00:27:52] <d_m> And we can either fade to black here, or you can give me another 30 minutes.
[00:28:09] <vargas> (I can survive another 30)
[00:28:15] <vargas> (Just no combat stuff)
[00:28:21] <d_m> No combat.
[00:28:30] <solaire> (okay, sure, another 30. BUt the music plays now, this is all post-episode stinger)
[00:28:34] <serribon> (Ok. Whatever we do can be a coda)
[00:28:44] <d_m> Quickly, what is your plan to stash Danner? You can't take him with you on an assault. The credits on this episode roll in the background.
[00:28:49] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wTSFhEOW3Xk#t=22s wrong tag there
[00:29:17] <solaire> <ibram> "How secure a prison/holding space can we magic up for our buddy here/
[00:29:40] <vargas> [Serribon, if we let him go in the wood with a dagger and some tools, will he survive long enough to get to town someplace?]
[00:30:07] <serribon> [If we spend magic to heal him, perhaps.]
[00:30:09] <vargas> [Acadia or I can make a stone prison. The problem is we have to come back and let him out.]
[00:30:39] <d_m> It's going to take you all a couple of days of travel to reach your final destination, so you are able to work on the order of days if you want to dispose of him by teleport somewhere.
[00:31:08] <d_m> After leaving the shadow path, you all make your way back to your horses and set out to put time and distance between you and Danner's fort, to find a safe place in the wilderness where you can lick your wounds and prepare for one last assault.
[00:31:37] <vargas> [Ibram, Serribon, Magnus, you need to learn everything you can about this place we're hitting from Danner.]
[00:31:50] <d_m> Kervic assures you that the location he gave you on the map is genuine. Since you took him with you, a lie will do him no good, since if you don't find what you're looking for, you'll just ask him again, and again, until you get what you want.
[00:32:25] <d_m> He tells you all about it. We'll cover the details later this week as needed.
[00:33:02] <d_m> So how do you stash him? A homemade prison, or leave him with friends somewhere by teleport?
[00:33:22] <vargas> [I will not leave him in the custody of friends lest they take revenge on him.]
[00:33:40] <serribon> [Or vice-versa. Why let him know who our allies are?]
[00:33:43] <vargas> [I would leave him someplace neutral with enough money to get home.]
[00:34:02] <vargas> [Sorry, that's what I meant. I am just a little tired.]
[00:35:01] <d_m> The long and short of what he gives you is that there is an old temple hidden in a valley several days west of his fort. He found it and appropriated it, and then he gave it to a small conclave of eastern mystics whom he enticed into his service. They live there in peace, and do his bidding in exchange for that sanctuary. It is they whom he tasked with raising Miriam. Dead or alive, with them she lies.
[00:35:20] <d_m> So basically, you're going to leave him at the town square in Sil and best of luck.
[00:35:23] <serribon> [Why do we have to leave him resources at all? If he reaches civilization, he can just tell them who he is - someone will ransom him sooner or later.]
[00:36:53] <d_m> Big picture. I gather that the plan is to drop him far from his home, and let him fend for himself.
[00:36:59] <serribon> Yes
[00:37:02] <acadia> (It's about my bed time. Are we finishing anything else up tonight?)
[00:37:39] <d_m> (Stay with me until the top of the hour.)
[00:37:39] <solaire> <ibram> "Here's the plan then. We go in, tell them the truth, get the body, and go. If need be bluff that I'm an even more terrifying Kervic."
[00:37:40] <solaire> <ibram> "Truth being that we're friends of Miriam and its time for us to deal with it."
[00:37:52] <vargas> (We can drop him a weeks horse ride west of Akor or something)
[00:37:59] <d_m> Done.
[00:38:30] <d_m> Vargas returns from this, and you all regroup. Fully healed, thanks to Magnus and Acadia's ministrations. Fully restocked.
[00:38:31] <d_m> You make your way west through the forest.
[00:39:40] * Serribon suggests we scry him at least once a day to keep track.
[00:39:40] <d_m> But those few days of healing can not entirely recover you from what you have lately endured. The strain of the hunt tells on each of you. The exhaustion of the Kervic fort raid lingers.
[00:39:54] <d_m> It is the culmination of months of stress, the accumulation of it. And every day, Vargas has to look at his watch and know that any moment could be your last here in this land, in this century.
[00:40:42] <solaire> <ibram> *seems quietly resolved. He's taken out his anger on Danner mostly. Everything now is simply the denoument after a battle of fire and blood*
[00:40:50] <d_m> As you close on that little dot on the map, you know that this is make or break. If you are going to find Miriam before you leave this place, you must find her here. You have as a team neither the time nor likely the energy to search on.
[00:41:57] <d_m> It is in that spirit, exhausted but resolute, that you leave your horses behind and go the last few miles on foot to where you believe this place to be. Let nothing betray your approach. You come here not to attack, but you will attack if it is necessary, so you will come to the place without warning, ahead of any rumor of you.
[00:42:09] <d_m> It is quiet in the forest as you crest that last hill, and you are a quiet team.
[00:43:39] <d_m> There is nothing left to say, really, as the quicker of you wait for Ibram and Magnus mount the last few meters of the rise. Nothing to do, so gathered, but look down the far side of the ridge, into the valley beyond, and observe there, nestled in the trees of a secluded dell far below, the stone spires of a very old temple of unknown religion.
[00:43:46] <acadia> (Hey, I remember this!)
[00:44:18] <d_m> No words of joy are shared. No congratulations. Nothing is done yet but the inevitable.
[00:44:43] <serribon> (Oh, god, not another one!)
[00:44:58] <vargas> (The I wasn't capitalized. =P)
[00:45:13] <d_m> Heh, not that Inevitable.
[00:45:51] <d_m> You have come here. That was inevitable. Now all that remains is to go in, and learn what fate has in store for you, and for the girl to whom you all have given so much.
[00:46:29] <solaire> <ibram> *comes in with shield and sword slung, helm removed. He's washed his face, but there are lines of exhaustion there.*
[00:46:34] <d_m> The approach to the temple is as quiet as your hearts. There are no guards. There are no monks. There is almost no sign of life. Even the birds are somber.
[00:47:27] <d_m> The day is bright and beautiful, but the sun seems just out of reach here in this dell, under the trees. Its light is diffuse. Only the tall peaked roof of the temple sparkles, and the glass windows high in its stone walls.
[00:48:37] <d_m> The doors, ornate, tall, arched, and grim. On each a knocker, a massive steel thing hanging from the mouth of some mythical creature.
[00:48:44] <d_m> You knock.
[00:49:00] <d_m> And a moment later the doors open inward, quietly.
[00:49:45] <d_m> Each is pulled, you find, by a hooded acolyte who looks upon you with a shrouded expression. You are the condemned, and they welcome you to the house of your destiny without a word.
[00:50:18] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+19 (details or clues on the acolytes)
[00:50:18] <clockwork> Vargas, (details or clues on the acolytes): 39:20+19
[00:50:25] <vargas> (oops, -2)
[00:50:27] <vargas> (perception)
[00:51:21] <vargas> (I know, I'm totally breaking the mood. =P)
[00:51:22] <d_m> The great sanctuary is before you. Down the center aisle, a red rug. Candles abound, on tall fixtures around you and chandeliers above. Everything about this place reminds you of... what? Something glimpsed. Something foreign to what you have generally known. A place in the far east.
[00:51:59] <d_m> This place speaks to you of the hidden, mysterious realm where you all enjoyed a hot springs bath, once.
[00:52:42] <serribon> (that's unfamilar to me - was that somethingin paloon?)
[00:52:42] <d_m> But its atmsophere, while serene, is nothing like that serenity. Here is the serenity of doom, and resignation. The quiet of nothingness.
[00:53:01] <solaire> <ibram> "I'm here for Miriam. Please give her to me."
[00:53:03] <d_m> It was a Ben quest. Miriam got her monk's robe made there.
[00:53:17] <vargas> [This place feels like it has been touched. By ... you know.]
[00:53:19] <d_m> The monks gesture you forward, Ibram, down the carpetted aisle toward the far altar.
[00:53:27] <serribon> (ah. that's one I missed, I think)
[00:53:48] <solaire> <ibram> *Heads that way, towards Miriam, opefully*
[00:54:21] * Vargas remembers Miriam's naked butt in the spa, but there really isn't any joy in that memory in this place, or at this time. He's just that exhausted by this journey and this place.
[00:54:57] * Vargas tries to stay alert.
[00:55:03] <d_m> You all proceed forward. There is no sign of an armed guard about. None are present but these morose, hooded acolytes, and of course, at the far end of the room, upon the raised dais there, upon the cushions piled at its crest, a woman.
[00:55:48] <d_m> She rises with infinite grace as you come into her audience. Like a snake she stands.
[00:56:09] <d_m> "Hello, my friends," says Miriam. "You've come at last."
[00:56:35] * Acadia hesitates.
[00:56:35] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+17 (sense motive)
[00:56:36] <clockwork> Vargas, (sense motive): 34:17+17
[00:56:41] <d_m> And that's where we end for the night.
[00:56:45] <d_m> So put your dice away for now.
[00:56:56] <vargas> (I'm holding on to that die result though!)
[00:57:14] <d_m> Hahaha. It will have more context when we resume next week.
[00:57:41] <vargas> (also let me know the XP for tonight, so I can determine if I level or not.)
[00:57:42] <d_m> Tonight was a good warm-up, kiddos. Next week, bring your A-game.
[00:57:51] <d_m> Vargas, you level. Ding it up, son.
[00:57:55] <solaire> jesus really?
[00:57:58] <d_m> Magnus, roll your HP if you have not already.
[00:58:01] <solaire> this was a warmup
[00:58:03] <serribon> (I hope to be free. But I won't know until next Friday)
[00:58:04] * Solaire drinks
[00:58:14] <d_m> We'll wait for you, Serribon.
[00:58:28] <vargas> ,roll 1d6 (HP)
[00:58:28] <clockwork> Vargas, (HP): 6
[00:58:31] <d_m> Nice!
[00:58:35] <serribon> He rolled it the other day before we sold that fork. Was just a 1, alas.
[00:58:43] <d_m> Ah, roger.
[00:59:33] <serribon> anyway, I need to go to bed, too. See you cats sometime during the week.
[00:59:47] <d_m> Good night! Thanks for all your hard work tonight, team!
[00:59:49] <d_m> And WELL DONE!
[00:59:54] <d_m> Go now and sleep!
[01:00:06] |<-->
[01:00:21] <acadia> Good session, guys! I'm looking forward to the epic finale. Now, bed time. Night night!
[01:01:18] <magnus_> Night all! Good game!
[01:01:21] |<-->
[01:01:27] |<-->
[01:01:36] |<-->
[01:09:26] [INFO] Disconnecting from IRC. Click close again to exit now.
[01:09:26] [QUIT] Disconnected from irc://irc.esper.net/ (irc://irc.esper.net/). [[Reconnect][Reconnect to irc.esper.net][reconnect]]

12MAY13

Clockwork Rivet