14APR13

Conversation with #beyondshadowrun at Sun 14 Apr 2013 06:37:07 PM EDT on Rivet_@irc.esper.net (irc)
(07:11:07 PM) D_M: If Rivet is here, we have a quorum, and can start without Bill.
(07:12:21 PM) Rivet_: I am now
(07:12:25 PM) D_M: Yay!
(07:12:27 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(07:12:29 PM) Vargas: Woooo
(07:12:32 PM) D_M: Mah lizuhd!
(07:12:42 PM) D_M: Ok, SO!
(07:13:16 PM) Vargas: (Warning, Ancient seems to be in an odd mood now that he's got his internet back. And movies. And guns. And 'merica.)
(07:13:29 PM) D_M: 'MUHRICA!
(07:13:36 PM) D_M: When we last left our heroes, Serribon and company had secured a tentative ally!
(07:15:44 PM) D_M: In terms of timelines and simultaneous action, it is now noonish of the day following your revelation of the treasure horde to Faisal. Vargas and Ibram, having finished a very awkward breakfast with Faisal, have retreated to a private place to await word from the rest of the party. The rest of the party is some miles away through hills and forest, at a hidden camp, where they have just finished their interview with the rehabilitated
(07:15:52 PM) D_M: elf of the Steel Rose.
(07:17:09 PM) Serribon: Their retreat would have been pre-arranged?
(07:17:26 PM) Serribon: the location, that is
(07:17:35 PM) Vargas: (Acadia led us)
(07:17:43 PM) D_M: The location of their retreat is not known to Ibram and Vargas, but Acadia had already volunteered to be the messenger.
(07:17:49 PM) D_M: Oh, that's right.
(07:17:54 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram went to visit.
(07:17:57 PM) D_M: So yeah, that.
(07:18:02 PM) Serribon: Ok, then.
(07:18:14 PM) Vargas: (I have logs of V and Ibby talking to the elf too. Should post those)
(07:18:23 PM) D_M: So you're actually all together at the hidden retreat.
(07:18:29 PM) Serribon: (was there a twix I missed?)
(07:18:31 PM) D_M: (They're up. I just wasn't paying attention.)
(07:18:34 PM) D_M: No.
(07:18:57 PM) Serribon: (was there a log I actually posted that I didn't bother to read?)
(07:19:12 PM) D_M: (Possibly. :-) )
(07:19:33 PM) Vargas: (Congress passes whole laws they never read. Don't feel bad.)
(07:19:41 PM) D_M: So, you're all together. It is noonish. You have an ally and contact. You are still based out of the dig site, and right now, ol' Faisal suspects basically nothing.
(07:19:51 PM) D_M: Commence!
(07:20:28 PM) Vargas: (Are we at the dig site, or the elf site?)
(07:21:07 PM) Serribon: "Though I can't say I particularly want to - the bulk of us should probably return to the camp. If we stray too long, our absence will be noticed."
(07:21:51 PM) ***Acadia should be at the camp with V and Ibram currently.
(07:22:48 PM) ***Vargas agrees with Serribon. He needs another day to prepare spells to transit the elf (what's his name again?) so he'll take his crew back to the dig site. The elf can hang out in peace in the magical cabin.
(07:23:02 PM) D_M: Currently you're still at the hidden camp, but all your stuff mostly is at the tent city.
(07:23:05 PM) Vargas: (Bill can stay with the elf since he's not here)
(07:23:31 PM) _Magnus: "I do need my things."
(07:23:35 PM) Serribon: (when we return, the elf will have gained 50 pounds)
(07:23:45 PM) D_M: Milfel the elf of the Steel Rose has certainly no interest in going to visit Faisal, so he'll chill.
(07:23:51 PM) Vargas: (He needs to gain 50 pounds, poor guy)
(07:23:57 PM) D_M: True.
(07:24:12 PM) Serribon: (so IC reason to leave Ibram with him. I love it when things dovetail)
(07:24:22 PM) D_M: Funny how things work out.
(07:24:46 PM) Serribon: (hehe. He said the tag line)
(07:25:01 PM) D_M: Indeed, you see what I did there.
(07:25:13 PM) Vargas: (Clockwork Drinking game. You have to take a shot when somebody says the tag line)
(07:26:11 PM) D_M: Ok, so Vargas gathers the rest together for a hop-skip-jump back to the tent city?
(07:26:21 PM) ***Vargas teleports the team back to the tent.
(07:28:02 PM) D_M: SNAP. The world realigns itself like a distorted rubber sheet around you, and you are all in the tent. What's the play?
(07:29:03 PM) Serribon: Make ourselves seen around the camp, I guess. Try to pick up with the goodwill stuff we were doing before the dig, since we want the peons on our side.
(07:29:07 PM) Vargas: "Why don't we say hello to the other factions and see how they are doing? I want to know if they are now that money is in hand."
(07:29:24 PM) Vargas: (err, how they are now)
(07:30:35 PM) Serribon: "Maybe drop hints about how much gold we actually found down there. They may be more inclined to our side when they realize their "share" is likely a very minor fraction of the trove."
(07:31:20 PM) Vargas: "Maybe. I'm not sure how to play that yet. I'm pretty share that if you add all the percentages it exceeds one hundred."
(07:32:35 PM) Acadia: (questions marks pop up over A's head)
(07:33:02 PM) Vargas: (hehe)
(07:33:12 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (to notice the ?)
(07:33:13 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (to notice the ?): 37:20+17
(07:33:23 PM) Vargas: "What's on your mind, Acadia?"
(07:33:25 PM) Serribon: "Maybe try to find out how it lays out, then. We can probably use that. Apes have an instinctive sense for fairness and greed - even if they don't always practice it."
(07:33:56 PM) ***Acadia looks at Vargas and shrugs. "Nothin." She then tries to look very much disinterested.
(07:34:14 PM) Acadia: (not much head for numbers, this one)
(07:34:22 PM) D_M: Heh.
(07:34:46 PM) D_M: All right, I'm not going to microplay everything today. Can someone remind me of the faction names while we adjudicate this?
(07:34:48 PM) ***Vargas sighs at Acadia, and then nods at Serribon. "Oh, and none of you should travel alone. Groups of two at least."
(07:34:58 PM) D__M left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 202 seconds).
(07:35:27 PM) Vargas: (Did we even name them? They were just other kingdoms I think.)
(07:35:35 PM) _Magnus: "What are we seeking from the folks here this time? Information that will lead us to Miriam?"
(07:36:15 PM) Serribon: (yeah, we named some of them, I think. when Ibby and I were bro'ing it up with the soldiers)
(07:36:23 PM) Vargas: (ahh)
(07:36:53 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, Vargas, as I understand your plan, you want to feel them out again, see what they were promised, and see who might be your allies if your search for Miriam brings you back to loggerheads with Faisal and the Kervics.
(07:37:15 PM) Vargas: "No. We're basically buying time right now. If we can, we'll find out whether the alliance of kings will hold now that the treasure has been found."
(07:37:26 PM) Vargas: (Aye!)
(07:38:35 PM) ***_Magnus nods at this, "Alright."
(07:39:22 PM) ***Acadia and Petite spend the rest of the day following Serri around.
(07:39:46 PM) Vargas: "We don't have to hide that. Faisal would expect us to scout out the strength of their loyalty. If anything, he may be counting on it since we're considered his mercenaries."
(07:41:02 PM) D_M: Whoever is diploing, roll diplo.
(07:41:05 PM) Solaire [~ThunderHa@c-68-80-213-233.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] entered the room.
(07:41:15 PM) Solaire: (sorry guys, RL shit was problematic)
(07:41:18 PM) Vargas: (I will)
(07:41:19 PM) D_M: Behold! Some dude! And no worries.
(07:41:26 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18 (diplo)
(07:41:26 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (diplo): 33:15+18
(07:41:32 PM) Serribon: (
(07:06:09 PM) Gerhal: (Habenburgs, Kervics, Bargatini, Mervogonian) )
(07:41:54 PM) D_M: Ibram, you are waiting with the elf Milfil in the forest, keeping him safe and fed, while the rest of the team ties things up at Faisal's tent city.
(07:41:56 PM) Vargas: (Ohh, now I remember.)
(07:42:20 PM) Vargas: (We are counting on you Ibram. Feed him!)
(07:43:04 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *gives him bread. And beer, which is anotehr kind of bread*
(07:43:28 PM) ***_Magnus carries on with Vargas.
(07:43:29 PM) Serribon: (poor elf is gonna think burps and flatuant sounds are part of your native tongue, Vargas. He'll probably greet you with a fart.)
(07:44:17 PM) D_M: Ok, Vargas roll Diplo. Magnus roll to assist. Anyone who's running a parallel attempt, roll yours.
(07:44:32 PM) Vargas: (I already rolled. Do you need another?)
(07:44:48 PM) D_M: Sometimes things get by me. :-P Magnus, roll to assist.
(07:44:49 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20
(07:44:49 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 2
(07:45:03 PM) D_M: Serribon succeeds at Intimidate.
(07:45:24 PM) Serribon: (heh)
(07:46:18 PM) ***Serribon avoids diplomacy and goes straight for brutal honesty.
(07:46:48 PM) Vargas: (Honesty is a +5 Keen Malicious Scythe.)
(07:47:18 PM) Serribon: (no, Honesty is the name of my bladed gauntlets)
(07:47:51 PM) Vargas: (Oh goodness, that reminds me of my greatest Fallout 3 story. But that can wait until later)
(07:48:06 PM) Acadia: (Petite probably didn't help that any.)
(07:48:32 PM) Serribon: (I dunno. An off-leash crocodile can be very convincing.)
(07:49:10 PM) D_M: Well, in any case, Vargas, you get a feel for things. It looks like the split is pretty fair. The Kervics are taking the lion's portion, and the others are invested each according to his means and will. Everyone knows how many shares he owns of the dig's take. However...
(07:49:13 PM) _Magnus: ,roll d20+10 (diplo assist)
(07:49:13 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (diplo assist): 14:4+10
(07:49:15 PM) D_M: Roll Sense Motive.
(07:49:28 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (sm)
(07:49:28 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (sm): 26:9+17
(07:49:55 PM) _Magnus: ,roll d20+17 (SM)
(07:49:56 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (SM): 32:15+17
(07:51:36 PM) D_M: Magnus and Vargas, in your post-interview discussions, you conclude that while the shares are fair, no one anticipated the actual scope of the find. And it seems Faisal is playing things close to the vest right now, perhaps waiting for further guidance, because he too is staggered by the amount of wealth beneath the hills.
(07:51:57 PM) D__M [~Ancient@ip98-166-217-172.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(07:52:40 PM) ***Vargas hmms. "Very interesting."
(07:53:47 PM) _Magnus: "The Kervics might see so much wealth going out as a threat on them. Armies that group together with loads of gold can be a formidable enemy against them. They could even buy out others to fight on their behalf."
(07:54:38 PM) Vargas: "Maybe. But I think the Kervics are playing long term. Right now, they all have a common enemy, the elves. It's better that he use them in his war with the elves than to fight each other right now."
(07:54:44 PM) _Magnus: "Conscripts as it were."
(07:54:45 PM) D__M: This whole operation was put together very carefully and professionally, and dealt well with all the foreseeables and many of the surprises. There two factors however that it seems they were wholly unable to calculate: The actual, effective power of a group of adventurers, and the sheer volume of good old fashioned monetary reward which they would uncover.
(07:55:51 PM) D__M left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection).
(07:55:58 PM) Ancient [~Ancient@ip98-166-217-172.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(07:56:27 PM) Ancient: They still don't fully appreciate the former, thanks to the lack of living witnesses, and Faisal has yet to divulge the latter publically,
(07:56:38 PM) ***_Magnus chuckles to himself and shakes his head a bit, "I don't understand that fight with the elves, I spent years with them, or atleast a group of them, and did not see too many issues."
(07:56:43 PM) Ancient is now known as D__M
(07:57:27 PM) D__M: So what's the play?
(07:57:31 PM) _Magnus: "Which is surpissing when you count in my looks."
(07:57:39 PM) Vargas: "It's complicated. I wish I knew more about it myself, but that's not my area of expertise."
(07:57:44 PM) _Magnus: (surpissing...nice.)
(07:58:11 PM) _Magnus: (surprising)
(07:58:30 PM) Vargas: (Bill, are you there?)
(07:59:46 PM) Solaire: (yeah sorry)
(08:00:18 PM) D__M: Bill, feel free to interact with Milfel. You know split-screening is always welcome with me.
(08:01:08 PM) Vargas: (What do you think guys, FF to tomorrow? Take milfel for a trip? What will dig site half of the party do? Maybe survey the treasure that's coming up?)
(08:01:36 PM) D_M: You all confab and discuss your plans.
(08:01:37 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *seems very quiet* "Well, again, sorry about all this shit, old boy."
(08:02:42 PM) D_M: Milfel stares at Ibram. Eventually he opens his mouth, and then closes it again, and then he looks around, and then he goes... "It's all right. We all has our battles. I thank you for your sincerity."
(08:03:06 PM) Serribon: (I don't really know what we should do site-side. You're our diplomat corps)
(08:03:14 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *shrugs his shoulders* "I just want the Kervics to bugger off touching this stuff and to get my friend back."
(08:03:59 PM) Vargas: "What do you think, Serribon, Magnus, Acadia? Faisal's actually covered himself by being very honest with the shares. The shear size of the treasure is to our favor. It buys time. Once he's done counting, we're out of time."
(08:04:17 PM) Acadia: "What are we waiting for?"
(08:04:59 PM) _Magnus: "Is everyone content to get what was promised to them? Or are they wanting more?"
(08:05:07 PM) Vargas: "We're waiting to see if we can get Milfel to enlist the help for us."
(08:05:34 PM) Vargas: "I don't think they know just how much gold is down there, Magnus."
(08:05:58 PM) Vargas: "He could give them only what they expect, and then take all that's left for themselves."
(08:06:08 PM) D_M: You know that Milfel can do nothing unless you can take him somewhere where he can do it. He has contacts in Sil, if that is a location you also want to investigate.
(08:06:33 PM) Serribon: "How are they accounting it and planning on moving it out, anyway? That is a lot of weight beneath a lot of water a long, long way underground."
(08:06:45 PM) Vargas: "Wait, that's it! Serribon, Acadia, you need to see if he's hiding the take, and maybe get proof of it. If we have proof... you know."
(08:07:54 PM) _Magnus: "Right. Which would piss the others off if they were promised a percentage rather than an actual ammount. Ten percent of a thousand gold is better than being bought out for thirty gold."
(08:08:09 PM) D_M: (I will continue to insert data as you discuss.) The goal, so everyone remembers, is to rescue Miriam while still holding the Key from the Kervics. Which means you have to rescue Miriam before the Kervics realize you're committed to working against them.
(08:08:23 PM) D_M: Otherwise, a fatal choice will result. You want to avoid the hostage crisis.
(08:09:45 PM) Vargas: "Serribon, do you think you could set up a watch schedule? Track who goes in, who comes out, the number of loads and such?"
(08:09:55 PM) Serribon: "No doubt."
(08:10:03 PM) _Magnus: "As for the key, does Faisal, or any Kervic, even know what it looks like?"
(08:10:06 PM) D_M: The players involved are: Faisal, who is a member, if a peripheral one, of the Kervic clan, and works on their behalf, and answers to them. The other factions, who have a monetary interest and a political one. The Steel Rose order, which seeks to keep the legacy of the lost race lost, due to its supposed danger.
(08:10:25 PM) D_M: And finally the elves who attacked the camp at that one point, who might be Steel Rose, or might not.
(08:10:45 PM) Vargas: "I think they know enough to know it when they see it."
(08:11:31 PM) Serribon: "There's no guarantee that the ruins are completely free of hazards or monsters. It's only logical for us to maintain a presence at the site itself to deal with one-offs or summon the others if necessary."
(08:11:46 PM) _Magnus: "Why not get a duplicate...surely someone here knows a stone mason?... It won't work its magic if it's not the original anyway."
(08:11:48 PM) ***Vargas handsigns, [That's why I have our friends making a fake copy.]
(08:12:09 PM) D_M: The key is depicted, after a fashion, on one of the relief sculputres on the big floating door-disk in the final chamber. The key, a three-part lock, and together these fit into the door.
(08:12:23 PM) ***_Magnus smiles at him.
(08:12:26 PM) ***Serribon nods in approval.
(08:12:48 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "How bad did they hurt you, anyway?"
(08:13:29 PM) ***Vargas pulls out his whump-chrono.
(08:13:32 PM) D_M: Milfel takes a deep breath. "Badly. They kept me alive with magic. I would have died several times over. They had some... clever torturers."
(08:14:36 PM) D_M: Vargas, the message of the chrono disturbs you, for its reading is... indistinct. Little pieces float up and fall away from the face, and refuse to settle. You've never seen this behavior before. Spellcraft.
(08:14:58 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+20
(08:14:59 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 33:13+20
(08:15:16 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "Geh. Well, they're mostly dead now."
(08:15:35 PM) _Magnus: (and eaten)
(08:16:12 PM) D_M: Milfel shakes his head. "They came and went. There are... many. The Kervic scum, and their allies. And others they have recruited. Some elf-kin, it shames me to say."
(08:16:37 PM) Vargas: (Hey, did we learn anything from the remains of the wizard, or the torturers' effects?)
(08:16:52 PM) D_M: Oh yeah!
(08:17:33 PM) D_M: It was a quick looting job, but you got a feel for his level, a few levels behind you, Vargas, and you acquired some intel as well. Any specific focus of inquiry?
(08:18:22 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "Elf kin? Really? How?"
(08:18:24 PM) Vargas: (Well, did he have any theoretical knowledge or cultist theory on the Burning Maw, or the Tauli?)
(08:19:49 PM) D_M: No, Vargas, you found a distinct lack of academic stuff in the camp. All that had been previously cleared out, it looked like. The remainder was organizational correspondence. Now that you think about it, stuff that in the right context might help you narrow down people and places. This was clearly just the clean-up crew, though.
(08:21:09 PM) Vargas: (Where in the world is Kervic Sandiego?)
(08:21:28 PM) ***Acadia turns to Serri. "So, we're watching the gold?"
(08:21:31 PM) D_M: Milfel shrugs. "They have recruited many not human. Their wealth and power speaks. Makes promises."
(08:21:34 PM) Vargas: (is there any info on a recall point?)
(08:21:49 PM) Serribon: "Basically, yes."
(08:21:55 PM) D_M: Not in plaintext, Vargas, but with the right additional intel, you might be able to correlate.
(08:22:25 PM) Vargas: (Would I need to, say, hunt down some bards in the human kingdoms and they could provide the context?)
(08:23:02 PM) D_M: Anyway, regarding your Spellcraft roll: You realize that the chrono is having trouble with a whump of this magnitude. Its limited resolution was not an issue when the return was a year away, but now that you're here, now that you're getting close, it is having trouble localizing the event horizon.
(08:23:40 PM) ***Vargas sighs at the chrono in his hand. "This is not good."
(08:24:09 PM) D_M: Your mind is a fantastic arcane computer, and you quickly break down the problem given everything you know about Whump prediction, and you realize that it's inherent. There's no way to know exactly when you'll get home. You're within a window of improbability. Instead of getting a good locator...
(08:24:19 PM) Acadia: "What are we watching for?"
(08:24:21 PM) D_M: ...the chrono is just going to give you more and more nonsense as the moment approaches.
(08:24:47 PM) Vargas: "This chrono tells me when we are going home."
(08:24:59 PM) Serribon: "Traffic in and out of the dig and how much gold they're hauling out vs. what we saw inside."
(08:25:02 PM) D_M: So, available threads: Milfel's contacts, the elves of Sil (known enemies of the Kervics), and watching the money here.
(08:25:34 PM) ***Acadia nods slowly.
(08:25:36 PM) Vargas: "But this whump is unusual. It's never been this long. Now that it's close, it can't really predict the precise moment of return. The closer we get, the more chaotic is."
(08:26:21 PM) Vargas: "Who wants to go with me to talk to Milfel's contacts?"
(08:26:42 PM) Vargas: "Magnus? Acadia and Serribon are probably best for watching the money."
(08:26:48 PM) _Magnus: "I will."
(08:27:24 PM) ***Acadia tries to think back to how much money there was under the water. Was it A LOT a lot? Or just a lot?
(08:27:34 PM) Acadia: (brb restroom)
(08:27:57 PM) Vargas: (Smaug's horde large)
(08:28:27 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "How many of them knew about you? Aside from the ones we killed."
(08:29:21 PM) D_M: "Many. I don't know. I'm sure word has got back to... to the order. We have spies. They will know that I talked." His voice breaks a little at that admission, despite his stoicism.
(08:29:39 PM) Vargas: (Do we want to FF a little now?)
(08:29:46 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "You were tortured. No one can blame you."
(08:30:01 PM) D_M: "It does not change the cost. They have opened the tomb."
(08:30:04 PM) D_M: So!
(08:30:53 PM) D_M: You all consult with Milfel again, and he makes you this offer: You expressed interest in Sil. He says, if you can get him there, he will attempt to make contact with his people and relay your offer of alliance.
(08:31:41 PM) Vargas: "If none of you object, I will take him to Sil. I am willing to trust him."
(08:32:11 PM) _Magnus: "Do you require me with you?"
(08:32:48 PM) Vargas: "I think you should go with me, Magnus. Either you, or Ibram. But you may elict less suspicion because you aren't part Kervic by blood."
(08:33:23 PM) _Magnus: "Alright. I will be ready when you are."
(08:33:34 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "
(08:33:42 PM) Solaire: We'll top em. It's okay."
(08:34:11 PM) Acadia: (I am back!)
(08:34:51 PM) Vargas: "Hey, Serribon."
(08:35:01 PM) Serribon: "Hmm?"
(08:35:10 PM) Vargas: "Don't forget, you can use Brrk to help if you can trust her to count. She's very good at hiding."
(08:36:17 PM) D__M: Indeed. she has hidden herself almost entirely from this campaign arc.
(08:36:35 PM) D__M: Ready?
(08:36:40 PM) Vargas: (ready)
(08:37:05 PM) _Magnus: "Trust me..she can count gold."
(08:37:08 PM) D__M: All right. You give it a day to re-up spells, and then Vargas, Magnus, and your new friend make a quiet exit.
(08:39:33 PM) D__M: VM! You arrive in Sil. Vargas is struck by a flood of memories from his previous visit here. Magnus, for you, this is a new place. You have heard of Sil. Like Akor, where you spent so many years working in the temple, Sil is another of the Elf city-states along the river.
(08:40:17 PM) D__M: This one, though, lies far inland, up river, to the west of Akor. It is the westernmost of the Modern Elf Cities of your time.
(08:40:27 PM) D_M left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving.).
(08:41:32 PM) Ancient [~Ancient@ip98-166-217-172.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(08:41:59 PM) ***_Magnus looks around at the structures. "Quite similar to what I've seen." He watches the people and assures himself that the cowl of his cloak is pulled over his head and hides his facial features. He has his ebony wood walking staff with him again.
(08:42:15 PM) ***Vargas takes a different approach this time in Sil. He does not dress like a low class human slave. This time he dresses as a higher class human.
(08:43:56 PM) Solaire: (Vargas blackstaff)
(08:45:56 PM) Ancient: Did I miss anything?
(08:46:05 PM) Vargas: _Magnus looks around at the structures. "Quite similar to what I've seen." He watches the people and assures himself that the cowl of his cloak is pulled over his head and hides his facial features. He has his ebony wood walking staff with him again.
(08:46:06 PM) Vargas: [20:41] Vargas takes a different approach this time in Sil. He does not dress like a low class human slave. This time he dresses as a higher class human.
(08:46:08 PM) Vargas: [20:43] Solaire (Vargas blackstaff)
(08:46:09 PM) Vargas: [20:45] Ancient Did I miss anything?
(08:46:12 PM) Ancient: Roger.
(08:47:03 PM) D__M: And it is also the smallest and most wild to your sensibilities, Magnus. Almost, but not quite, a frontier city.
(08:47:33 PM) Vargas: "Have you been to other elven cities, Magnus? Just how far have you traveled?"
(08:48:00 PM) D__M: Once in Sil, you all quickly find a place to hunker down. Vargas, remind me what all you did in Sil last time, please? My memories are fuzzy.
(08:48:12 PM) Vargas: "The only other elven capital I've seen is Barthalis."
(08:48:40 PM) Vargas: (Gosh, what did I do here. I think I was selling and buying stuff.)
(08:48:57 PM) Vargas: (And maybe try to find new spells. But I chickened out.)
(08:49:03 PM) Serribon: (you tried to, anyway. There was also a police chase, maybe.)
(08:49:10 PM) Vargas: (This place banned wizardry in the city by humans)
(08:49:18 PM) Vargas: (And I was seeing stalked by 3 punks)
(08:49:45 PM) _Magnus: "I lived and studied with the priests in Akor for many years, Vargas."
(08:49:58 PM) D__M: Meanwhile, you discuss with Milfel how to proceed. He gives you guidance, on where to put yourself, and then, when the time is right, he says the following: "Master Vargas, I must now beg your trust. You must let me go into the city alone and reach my people. They will not reveal themselves if you are present."
(08:50:11 PM) D__M: "They may not at all, but the best chance is for me to be alone."
(08:51:11 PM) ***Vargas hands Milfel a bag containing the badges of his fallen brothers. "I understand. For our all our sakes, I hope they do."
(08:51:27 PM) _Magnus: "I come from the desert, Vargas..I've traveled a lot in my short time."
(08:52:31 PM) D__M: Milfel takes the badges, and your trust, and makes his way into the city. He is soon lost from sight.
(08:52:40 PM) ***_Magnus as he looks about, "This place is much more of a frontier town than Akor though."
(08:52:53 PM) Vargas: "It's one hell of a frontier town."
(08:53:16 PM) Vargas: "I'm afraid if you ever saw my home, Hagelburg or Mordheim, you'd be very disappointed."
(08:53:51 PM) Vargas: "It's little wonder the elves considered my people to be mere barbarians."
(08:54:05 PM) D__M: And you never see him again. Your only link to the Steel Rose gone, you are never able to track down the full extent of the Kervic network before time runs out. Miriam's fate is still unknown when you whump home, leaving her lost in time.
(08:54:05 PM) _Magnus: "Still smaller than where I have been." He smiles a bit, "And you would be at the narrowmindedness of my home."
(08:54:23 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "So what do we do, V?"
(08:54:26 PM) D__M: This sequence of events flashes briefly through Vargas's mind, but that's what trust is all about.
(08:55:03 PM) D__M: Once Milfel is gone, Vargas, you and Magnus are left to your own devices for an unknown period of time.
(08:55:29 PM) ***Vargas furrows his brow, and pulls out a small piece of paper. He fingers it as if to remind himself it is real, and then puts it back in his pocket.
(08:55:29 PM) D__M: Hopefully he will return, but it might be wise, you think, to be working a backup plan.
(08:55:51 PM) ***_Magnus confides briefly in the wizard on a point that seems to go over in his mind. "I apologize."
(08:55:53 PM) _Magnus: (see..wasn't that brief now.)
(08:55:55 PM) D__M: Meanwhile, Ibram, Serribon, and Acadia, you are still at the dig site.
(08:56:18 PM) Vargas: "What for?"
(08:56:41 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *looks at serryberry and Acadia, clearly worried*
(08:56:48 PM) _Magnus: "For getting us into this mess. It was my interest in knowledge that brought the messenger to my window."
(08:57:15 PM) D__M: The task you three have taken upon you is to watch the gold, and assist with its recovery, and play things cool, like normal.
(08:57:22 PM) D__M: For as long as possible.
(08:57:27 PM) Serribon: "That face you are making - did you eat some more brownberries?"
(08:57:37 PM) ***Acadia watches the gold diligently, trying to compare the sizes of piles.
(08:58:13 PM) D__M: Faisal happily puts you to work, too. Security of the recovery process against the various squishy nasties that lurk in the deep is a full-time job, and while Faisal offers numbers, you three provide the expertise.
(08:59:16 PM) ***Vargas goes walking through the city of Sil looking for an inn while keeping an eye out. "I don't see it that way, Magnus. Our encounter was destined by greater forces. I know it is hard to imagine given that you haven't seen what I have. But what happens here is very important, and it's much more important than us as individuals."
(08:59:21 PM) D__M: You all take turns showing Faisal's sword-swingers how to handle Random Encounters while the workers build the necessary infrastructure back into the temple to reach the gold.
(09:00:11 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "Worried about Miriam."
(09:00:29 PM) ***_Magnus walks with him, staff clicking heavily on the roads they traverse, "And I have seen what ails Miriam. Or I think I have."
(09:00:30 PM) Acadia: (Just turn into a tiger guys, come one.)
(09:00:48 PM) ***Vargas nods. "You know, both Miriam and I have died before."
(09:01:34 PM) _Magnus: "But there isn't a demonic force attacking you at this time, Vargas."
(09:01:53 PM) Serribon: (http://tinyurl.com/d92n66k)
(09:02:11 PM) Vargas: "Why do you say that?"
(09:02:16 PM) D__M: (Acadia doesn't understand /what/ the big deal is. :-P )
(09:02:33 PM) Acadia: ;)
(09:02:36 PM) _Magnus: "As luck would have it, my deity intervened before the accursed thing could get to me as I was seeking answers."
(09:03:12 PM) Acadia: (Ahh haha. So good.)
(09:03:25 PM) _Magnus: "And I did not know of your deaths, who, or what, brought you back?"
(09:03:59 PM) D__M: Vargas, you wanted to look into the elves of Sil and their beef with the Kervics, right?
(09:04:32 PM) Vargas: "I was killed by a dryad who thought the best way to save me from a Baleful Polymorph was to kill me, and reincarnate me. She might have been the sister ... ugh, that's a complicated story."
(09:04:40 PM) _Magnus: "I say that because my line with Her has never been swiped before by something else on her plane except when I sought answers on Miriam's situation."
(09:05:01 PM) Vargas: "Hey, do you want to go find some bards and ask about their deal with the Kervics?"
(09:05:30 PM) _Magnus: "Couldn't hurt to do it while we wait to hear back from our friend."
(09:05:40 PM) Vargas: "Okay. Let's do that."
(09:05:42 PM) ***Serribon divides the remaining party into two watch pairs: Ibram and Brrk, himself and Acadia
(09:05:43 PM) Vargas: (Gather info!)
(09:05:43 PM) ***_Magnus nods at him.
(09:05:50 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:05:50 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 24:6+18
(09:05:58 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *doesn't mind hanging out with Brrk. he likes being dragon king*
(09:06:13 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10 (diplo)
(09:06:13 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (diplo): 21:11+10
(09:06:37 PM) D__M: Team IAS, Faisal's people construct scaffolding across the gaps which you guys bridged by magic or athletics. They construct crude cart paths through the tunnels and corridors. And in the far chamber, by the light of the enormous, seemingly everburning torches, they construct a huge scaffolding and crane system, guided by Faisal's engineers, to begin hauling out the treasure.
(09:06:38 PM) Serribon: (and she likes/respects Ibby. A lot of wolf and hens thinking went into this)
(09:06:54 PM) Solaire: (Wolf and hens?)
(09:07:25 PM) Serribon: (the old puzzle about having to take wolves (or some predator) and a prey animal across a river w/o upsetting the balance of power on either side)
(09:08:55 PM) Serribon: (http://www.mathsisfun.com/chicken_crossing_solution.html)
(09:09:20 PM) D__M: Vargas, you are able to learn that there is indeed a movement afoot to oppose the human incursions coming out of the North, with their peculiar ways and peculiar greed. You perceive that it is an issue fraught with internal struggles, though.
(09:10:15 PM) Vargas: "As for Miriam, she was slain by a Hill Giant. She was saved by the whump itself when it took us to Barthalis, where the Queen of Elves ressurected her for the price of Ibram's shield."
(09:10:16 PM) Solaire: (don't try that with a frog and a scorpion)
(09:10:18 PM) Serribon: (in this instance, Serri is the man, Ibram is the corn, Brrk is the fox, and Acadia is the chicken. Petite, I suppose, is the boat)
(09:10:34 PM) D__M: The debate seems to center around the question of how the elves could justify spending their resources to rebuff the humans, when they themselves have become such people of business and wealth themselves, in this latest generation.
(09:11:24 PM) Acadia: (lolz. Petite has nothing to worry about except people sitting on him.)
(09:11:54 PM) D__M: The Kervics are not an imminent threat, the opposition argues, and a preemptive war against them would be the sort of thing a human would do.
(09:11:55 PM) ***Vargas also asks about the cult of the Burning One among the elves.
(09:12:09 PM) _Magnus: (And yet the elves know they are coming to their end.)
(09:12:32 PM) D__M: The elves are already struggling with their elvish identity in this era. Once again, you have the feeling that they are a people going through motions, but missing something primal, something deep down.
(09:12:41 PM) D__M: Missing a piece of their soul.
(09:12:49 PM) Serribon: (Heathens and backsliders, the lot of them!)
(09:13:19 PM) Vargas: (are they missing nature or something?)
(09:13:36 PM) D__M: Indeed. They are a dead race walking. You know it because you have seen their future. The process, though, is strange, and stretched over centuries. Their economy and city is flourishing.
(09:13:45 PM) ***_Magnus questions about elves that might be in town from Akor as the two move on with their mission.
(09:14:18 PM) D__M: You don't know. It's just something you've sensed, in this era and more pronounced in Cassandra's. The slow soul-death of the immortals.
(09:15:11 PM) D__M: But, more pressing matters:
(09:15:36 PM) D__M: You can make contact with any number of political figures on either side of the debate if you wish, and discuss the Kervic menace.
(09:16:56 PM) D__M: The excavation infrastructure is now fully built. Before your eyes, team IAS, cart by cart full, the great plundering begins in earnest.
(09:17:19 PM) D__M: You task Brrk with calculating its value and tracking its distribution,
(09:17:24 PM) Vargas: (I am thinking, and talking back channel with Magnus)
(09:17:45 PM) Vargas: (haha, Brrk's profession Pirate skill at work)
(09:18:32 PM) D__M: That first night when she makes her first report, for the first time since you've known her, you learn what it looks like for a goblin to be in awe. To be utterly at a loss and in shock.
(09:18:39 PM) _Magnus: (seeking out Akor elves here too.)
(09:19:15 PM) Vargas: (brb, bio break)
(09:19:16 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *winks as he finds out brrk has figured out the cost of all this*
(09:19:47 PM) D__M: She knew hooking up with you guys meant wealth and power, if she could put up with the rules, but this... This is a single human endeavour invalidating the entire goblin way of life.
(09:20:04 PM) D__M: For they measure all success by wealth, and here is more wealth than all of goblin kind has ever amassed.
(09:20:21 PM) Serribon: (seeing cooperation leading to prosperity, you mean?)
(09:21:19 PM) D__M: Seeing any way of life other than the goblin way lead to profit that puts to pitiful shame the entire efforts of all goblin history.
(09:22:32 PM) D__M: Vargas and Magnus, as you discuss in the background, tell me what you're seeking with respect to the task at hand.
(09:23:46 PM) D__M: Team IAS, while Brrk tracks the gold, and while you all make a show of security, is there any other intrigue in which you wish to engage?
(09:23:59 PM) _Magnus: (I would like to see if this Kervic thing has spread to Akor and how those elves view it...that's why Magnus is seeking out an emissary from that city. They might have Akor allies.)
(09:25:40 PM) D__M: Roger, Magnus, You are able to find a group of diplomats from Akor, among other cities downriver, in the diplomatic quarter, and seek audience with them.
(09:25:48 PM) Vargas: (I'm back)
(09:26:26 PM) Vargas: "Magnus, I am surprised that you've never asked me about the future."
(09:26:34 PM) D__M: You learn that the debate is active there as well, but not so personal or immediate, as the human incursion is still remote from them. They tend to think that the human threat is rather trivial.
(09:27:07 PM) D__M: Humans, they say, are a predictable breed. For wealth and power, they will as happily parlee as fight, if it is to their profit. They can be managed.
(09:28:22 PM) D__M: The more intellectual among the elves of Barthalis and Akor, if probed, theorize that a greater threat is represented in the rumors of this new cult which is springing up internally amongst elvenkind. A new religious fervor which is alien to their race.
(09:28:38 PM) Vargas: (cult of the Burning One?)
(09:29:40 PM) D__M: These thinkers are largely poo-poo-ed (especially here in Sil), because their argument is very high concept, and no one has proved that there is such a cult, whereas the human incursion is very real and very now.
(09:29:54 PM) D__M: Magnus, another thing happens as you discuss with them.
(09:30:31 PM) D__M: They know you. By reputation only, but the half-orc healer is somewhat famous in Akor. Roll diplo.
(09:30:52 PM) Vargas: (Dude, you're famous!)
(09:31:01 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10
(09:31:01 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus: 25:15+10
(09:31:38 PM) D__M: With notoriety bonus, you are able to gain their confidence, and you and Vargas enter into some fascinating and very private discussions with the Barthalis and Akor clique.
(09:32:45 PM) D__M: They reveal to you, in strictest confidence, that the king and Council of Sil have already begun military action against the humans, and the Kervics particularly, to attempt to destabilize their expansionist efforts.
(09:33:27 PM) _Magnus: (That was actually going to work in my persuasive argument. :) )
(09:33:39 PM) D__M: Team IAS, was there any other intrigue in which you wished to engage while the gold is coming up and Brrk is doing her thing?
(09:33:42 PM) ***Vargas asks about the Council. Who are they? Who is the King?
(09:34:58 PM) ***_Magnus notes to Akor members that if Sil should not be able to complete this task, would they be willing to rise against the Kervic? It never hurts to be prepared.
(09:35:23 PM) D__M: You get some names. They aren't important here. The local leadership. The point is, Sil is not waiting for the other citystates, but is going solo, at least with some covert raids against Kervic actions. Rumor has it there was some trouble even very far from Sil, east and north. North of Akor, they say. Some action of the Kervics there which the Sil elves attempted to waylay.
(09:35:24 PM) Solaire: (Haha, all the intriguers are on tam VM)
(09:35:34 PM) Serribon: Maybe slip inside and cause some delays?
(09:35:46 PM) D__M: Can do, Serribon.
(09:36:03 PM) Serribon: Serri and/or Brrk can sneak in, probably. Acadia can go in in animal form - maybe chew through some load-bearing ropes or something.
(09:36:04 PM) D__M: You are also very competent spies, I will remind you, and Faisal is certainly still in contact with his leades.
(09:36:07 PM) D__M: Leaders.
(09:37:20 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *Will meanwhile subtly sew terror by overplaying the danger of the stuff down the hole with the laborers*
(09:37:34 PM) ***Acadia will sneak around and look for letters and such.
(09:37:44 PM) ***_Magnus notes in agreement that most humans, present company excluded, don't stop when they get what they want. They always want more, and they will continue to press upon the elves.
(09:37:56 PM) ***Vargas says to Magnus, "This confirms what we suspected."
(09:38:27 PM) Vargas: "Do you think these fellows could arrange for us to talk to some of the local Sil who are involved in these military actions?"
(09:38:41 PM) Serribon: Hm. Yes, I like that, too. Rotating through observing the haul, sabotage, and spying so nobody spends too long doing any one thing.
(09:38:52 PM) _Magnus: "I can try to get them on that wagon."
(09:39:06 PM) Vargas: "At least see if they will make the introduction."
(09:39:22 PM) Serribon: Except maybe for Ibram always being public and visible, since none of the other stuff is really his forte.
(09:39:40 PM) D__M: Days pass, and stretch into weeks, as each side plies its craft.
(09:39:47 PM) Serribon: He's also the most approachable, being a Kervic and all, too.
(09:40:29 PM) ***_Magnus attempts to persuade the elves to allow Magnus and Vargas entry into the circle of conspiritors. Even noting that he has not forgotten his loyalties to the Akor.
(09:42:32 PM) D__M: The wealth coming forth is staggering, and team IAS determines that sure enough, its true scale is being hidden from the other factions. Eventually, Faisal's plan becomes clear. Faisal is going to extract a small portion of the treasure (a king's ransom nontheless) and declare that to be the whole of it. Divide it, and begin to close up shop. The Kervic will return at a later date, when the heat is off, to begin streaming out the
(09:43:26 PM) _Magnus: (you were cut off. It ended with "streaming out the". On my end atleast.
(09:43:28 PM) _Magnus: )
(09:43:53 PM) D__M: . The Kervic will return at a later date, when the heat is off, to begin streaming out the rest.
(09:44:49 PM) Vargas: (oh ho ho!)
(09:45:06 PM) Vargas: (You know what to do know boys)
(09:45:14 PM) Vargas: (And gal)
(09:45:17 PM) D__M: Vargas, you and Magnus cozy yourselves to the anti-Kervic/anti-human league in Sil, expressing your interest in elf culture and high-minded disdain for human expansionism and acquisitiveness.
(09:45:57 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *continues to spook out the servants and guards*
(09:46:08 PM) Vargas: "I am hoping that the Steel Rose will see us doing this, and it will help confirm our cause to them."
(09:46:27 PM) ***Serribon has Ibby sprinkle in bits about the financial reality, as well.
(09:46:47 PM) D__M: Team IAS, roll sense-motive and perception.
(09:47:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+4 (sm)
(09:47:09 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (sm): 22:18+4
(09:47:13 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (perc)
(09:47:14 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (perc): 36:18+18
(09:47:15 PM) _Magnus: "Agreed. I have no doubt that our friend has informed them of such actions and we are being carefully watched with every move we make."
(09:47:48 PM) Vargas: "And let's face it, we stick out like a red rose in a snow field."
(09:47:49 PM) D__M: VM, you gain some contacts, and begin to gather some intel on Kervic strongholds north of Sil, on the border between elfish lands and human outposts.
(09:47:53 PM) Solaire: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:47:53 PM) Clockwork: Solaire: 3:1+2
(09:47:53 PM) Solaire: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:47:54 PM) Clockwork: Solaire: 5:3+2
(09:47:57 PM) Solaire: o ibram
(09:48:06 PM) Vargas: (No love for Bill)
(09:49:07 PM) D__M: Serribon, two things: First, you begin to sense the tension growing in the camp. You are not there to witness every heated exchange, but you can tell that some of the factions are beginning to question Faisal's forthrightness and demand more access to the dig site.
(09:49:20 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14 (perc)
(09:49:21 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, (perc): 17:3+14
(09:49:28 PM) D__M: Meanwhile, you also discover something else, during your spying.
(09:50:12 PM) D__M: Faisal is still in regular comms with a distant Kervic headquarters, by some kind of magical means which he keeps safe in his most private tent.
(09:50:24 PM) D__M: He goes in there, and you could swear he is conversing with someone.
(09:50:27 PM) Vargas: "I think you've been dodging my question, Magnus."
(09:52:04 PM) D__M: He doesn't do it often. Maybe only once a week. But he definitely has a long distance telephone in there and is talking to someone.
(09:52:38 PM) Serribon: How small a critter can Acadia turn into, again? Like mouse-sized or rat-sized or what?
(09:52:58 PM) D__M: Acadia, can you go tiny or diminuitive?
(09:53:05 PM) Acadia: Tiny, I believe.
(09:53:50 PM) _Magnus: "About the future?"
(09:53:54 PM) Vargas: "Yes."
(09:54:10 PM) D__M: 8th level gives diminuitive.
(09:54:21 PM) D__M: Which is mouse sized.
(09:54:21 PM) Serribon: Maybe become a gopher or a prairiedog or chipmunk and come up under his bunk. Something that can dig, but better eyesight than a mole/shrew.
(09:54:41 PM) Acadia: I was just about to say that. Just double checked and indeed! Diminutive is a thing.
(09:54:53 PM) _Magnus: "I do not know if I am part of it. Perhaps it is best if I not? I have seen what happens to many just by being around them long enough."
(09:54:54 PM) Acadia: You got it.
(09:55:01 PM) D__M: A mouse can almost always find a way in, in this era.
(09:56:09 PM) Serribon: *nod* If we can't arrange an infiltration while he's using it, a detect magic may be able to find it.
(09:56:20 PM) D__M: Acadia, you begin keeping close tabs on Faisal, waiting for a chance to listen in on his next conversation.
(09:56:52 PM) Vargas: "So? I understand why the others never ask. They aren't academic like you and I. They don't view things in the long term, or abstractly. The only other person like us is the Sigilite, and he doesn't ask because it might lead to paradox. He already knows parts of the future because my future self has already told him pieces."
(09:56:55 PM) Serribon: 'Course, I'd also have used that from my ring whenever I heard him talking to nobody. A thick piece of canvas isn't an inch of lead or a foot of wood.
(09:57:32 PM) Vargas: "Not to mention the fact that when he dies a thousand years from now, part of him still lives on inside my head."
(09:58:15 PM) D__M: Team VM, what are you two up to? You're already getting a good idea of how Kervic has claimed the outer reaches of human territory north and northwest of Sil, and how he is establish outposts northeast of Sil in the wilderness beyond the deserts.
(09:59:11 PM) Vargas: (We were getting intros into the hawk-ish faction of Sil, and V was trying to get Magnus to expound philosophically while you GM'ed for mouse-spy.)
(09:59:30 PM) Vargas: (Oh, oh!)
(09:59:52 PM) Vargas: (V's going to see if he can make heads of tails of the notes from the camp we ambushed)
(09:59:53 PM) D__M: It is from the hawkish factions that you are getting this intel on the Kervics.
(10:00:04 PM) D__M: You can if you are willing to share them with the Hawks.
(10:00:08 PM) ***_Magnus mentions this only when not around the elves. "Well, I know that these elves fight a losing battle. They might hold off the Kervic for a while, but at the same time...they are losing themselves. These cities..this is not them as much as they would think it is. I believe my future lies through my Queen's doing...you all are most likely a part of it."
(10:00:33 PM) _Magnus: "Have you ever seen one resembling me in your whomps?"
(10:00:36 PM) ***Vargas will share them with the hawks. He is hoping something interesting comes out because they're going to wonder where that intel came from.
(10:01:32 PM) ***Vargas thinks really hard on whether he's ever seen someone like Magnus before.
(10:01:37 PM) Vargas: (int or wis check?)
(10:01:43 PM) D__M: Congratulations, V. You found the NPC that takes your item. It is the gesture that gets you in their good graces.
(10:01:58 PM) D__M: Someone like Magnus in what sense?
(10:02:27 PM) Vargas: (Magnus, can you explain it like you explained it to me in the private channel?)
(10:02:30 PM) D__M: You compare notes with the Hawkish folks in Sil and unlock a new level of intel, with specific names and locations of Kervic warlords and resources.
(10:03:27 PM) _Magnus: (done)
(10:05:45 PM) ***Vargas tries to deduce where they might have taken Miriam... What are the most likely places to begin the next level of scouting.
(10:06:14 PM) D__M: Vargas, in your time and your culture's stories, the only cloaked figure who walks among the dead is the grim reaper, who is of course supposed to be a cloaked, scythe wielding skeleton type. If there are any legends matching Magnus's description more precisely, they are not present in your heritage.
(10:06:23 PM) ***_Magnus looks into which of those strongholds might be the most heavily guarded.
(10:06:28 PM) D__M: Vargas, you come up with some places. Meanwhile...
(10:07:01 PM) Ancient: Acadia!
(10:07:04 PM) ***Vargas shakes his head at Magnus. "No. I don't think so."
(10:07:21 PM) Acadia: Yes!
(10:07:25 PM) Ancient: You slip through a gap in the tent just big enough for your mouse skull, squeezing the rest of you in behind.
(10:07:38 PM) Vargas: (Speaking to Magnus in private space here)
(10:07:55 PM) Acadia: *squish*
(10:08:07 PM) Vargas: "Let us go back to what we discussed when we first arrived. About why you though this was not the work of a demon."
(10:08:19 PM) Vargas: "If this was not a demon, what do you think that it was?"
(10:08:22 PM) Ancient: Once in, you scamper quietly into position as you listen. Just as you thought, Faisal is talking to someone even now. You can't hear the other person. You maneuver to make out how he is communicating.
(10:08:41 PM) ***_Magnus nods, "You mean what worked on Miriam?"
(10:08:46 PM) Vargas: "Yes."
(10:09:08 PM) Ancient: "--No, I know!" says Faisal. "I know this is my problem, but it will be everyone's problem soon! Things are going to get out of hand, and I don't--I'm telling you, I don't have the forces!"
(10:09:14 PM) Ancient is now known as D_M
(10:09:32 PM) Acadia: *nose twitch*
(10:10:34 PM) D_M: Faisal listens for a moment. He sounds very distressed. Acadia, you make your way to better vantage, where you can watch from the shadows. He has some kind of bowl before him. You don't have the angle to tell what's in it, but he speaks as if speaking into the bowl, and listens as if someone is speaking back.
(10:10:39 PM) _Magnus: "I think it is an evil form...might not be a demon, but it is definitely part of a different plane. I'm sure She knows of it...probably has dealt with it before. I've never encountered something of it's kind during my time spent with my Mistress."
(10:11:15 PM) _Magnus: "It was like a beast when I saw it. I drew its attention and it lunged for me..but my vision was blocked just in time."
(10:11:21 PM) ***Acadia recognizes this magic.
(10:12:04 PM) Vargas: "There are more things in the heavens and on earth than we can dream of. Demon is a very broad category of things. It could be a devil, a demon, a daemon, minor or major. In this case, quite major."
(10:12:24 PM) D_M: "You're not hearing me," says Faisal. "It's not the other families. I can handle them. It's those damned Divers. They are working against us--or playing both sides; I don't know. They're doing /something/, but I can't figure out what. I told you what became of the camp--"
(10:12:34 PM) _Magnus: "Do you wish me to inquire of it?"
(10:13:24 PM) _Magnus: "You know as well as I do that Miriam is being attacked..she isn't just sick, V."
(10:13:37 PM) D_M: "No, it was them! I'm telling you, the elves could not have done this. It was... it was just gone. I know what an elf raid looks like. I knew Herr Furfna. He was no slouch wizard. There would have been something, some sign..."
(10:13:54 PM) Vargas: "I do. Is it within your power to learn more?"
(10:14:15 PM) Solaire: (Oh god I'm loling at Kervic on the phone here)
(10:14:41 PM) Acadia: *eye gleam*
(10:14:46 PM) D_M: "I don't know why they did it, damn it! I just know they did! And I don't know why they haven't attacked me yet. I don't know what they want, but I can damn well assure you of two th--No, you listen to me, my lord! For all of our sakes, hear me now."
(10:14:53 PM) _Magnus: "I can but ask. When I looked at her I saw a gaping hole in her...she is being slowly eaten away by this thing."
(10:14:54 PM) D_M: Faisal takes a breath.
(10:15:32 PM) Vargas: "I know. I know. I saw it too."
(10:16:32 PM) D_M: "I can assure you of two things: If they do not get their woman back, they will attack this camp. And if they attack this camp, there will be nothing here for you to rescue when your reinforcements get here. You need to send more troops, and you need to give me some kind of proof of life..."
(10:16:44 PM) D_M: "...so that I can keep them in play a little bit long--"
(10:16:50 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *grins somewhere all psychotically*
(10:16:52 PM) D_M: Faisal is interrupted and pauses for a moment.
(10:17:05 PM) ***Vargas reaches subconsciously for one of his pockets, but stops short. "I have faith that if we do our best, it will work out. Somehow. But if it does not, I'm prepared to accept that. I've already accepted that."
(10:17:11 PM) D_M: His angry expression turns to a frown of stone.
(10:17:24 PM) D_M: "What do you mean she's dead?"
(10:17:36 PM) Acadia: !!!!
(10:18:05 PM) Solaire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfaxquIn060
(10:18:09 PM) D_M: Faisal looks around, as if he suspects those cursed adventurers might be in this very room, listening to him and ready to attack him this very moment.
(10:18:12 PM) Solaire: (ya'll fucked now)
(10:18:28 PM) _Magnus: "Watch this place as I seek guidance from my Mistress, Vargas."
(10:18:29 PM) D_M: "She can't be dead! You said you could save her! She is our ONLY FUCKING LEVERAGE with these people!"
(10:18:39 PM) Acadia: *Definitely considering it.*
(10:18:42 PM) D_M: Pausing, listening.
(10:18:55 PM) D_M: "Raise... raise her? From death? Is that...?"
(10:18:59 PM) Vargas: "Okay, Magnus."
(10:19:05 PM) ***_Magnus finds himself a comfortable place and begins to meditate.
(10:19:15 PM) Acadia: *……..*
(10:19:37 PM) D_M: "No--look, I don't care. You meddle with such forces if it please you, brother. If it will bring back our only advantage here, it might even be worth it, so help me."
(10:20:20 PM) ***_Magnus seeks out an audience with his lady in an attempt to gather what information he may have on this thing attacking Miriam.
(10:20:37 PM) D_M: "Yes, it's worth the expense. I... I will try to keep them occupied. I haven't seen the wizard or the giant tusker in some time. I don't know what they're up to. I just know that we're all running out of time."
(10:20:38 PM) Serribon: (now, see, this is where I went: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A)
(10:21:07 PM) D_M: (Heh.)
(10:21:26 PM) Solaire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew3--XVFioU Ibram when this gets out
(10:22:12 PM) D_M: "Very well, brother," says Faisal. "Let us hope that your priests can work the magic they have promised."
(10:22:57 PM) D_M: "Yes, yes, I have it," he says after another moment. He turns from the bowl and opens a small wooden box. From this he extracts a simple iron ring.
(10:23:04 PM) Acadia: (Poor Miriam. Dead twice now!)
(10:23:14 PM) D_M: Acadia, Perc check.
(10:23:22 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:23:22 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 22:8+14
(10:23:30 PM) Acadia: Ugh. Low rolls
(10:23:40 PM) Vargas: (AP if you need to)
(10:23:44 PM) D_M: Not needed.
(10:23:54 PM) Acadia: (oh yeah!)
(10:24:03 PM) ***Acadia strains to see the ring.
(10:24:26 PM) D_M: Within the circumference of the ring, you can see... glass? Is it glass in an iron frame? No. Just distortion. Faisal closes the box, which seems designed to also serve as a stand for the thing, and holds it upright on edge.
(10:24:51 PM) D_M: Faisal then picks up a letter and several small trinkets from the table and, one by one, puts them into the ring. They vanish.
(10:25:03 PM) Serribon: (neat. ring gate)
(10:25:06 PM) D_M: He puts the ring away and returns to the bowl.
(10:25:09 PM) Acadia: !!!!
(10:25:33 PM) Vargas: (oh, ho ho ho...)
(10:26:26 PM) D_M: "Yes--no, that's all right now." Pause. Listen. "No, brother. We still have not found the key. I remain convinced that they know what it is. They knew what it was from the beginning, if you ask me, and they have spirited it away. I am telling you: we can not win this if she is dead. They hold all the cards, we have burnt our only one."
(10:26:49 PM) D_M: "You know my loyalty! Damn it, you know my faith. But I see no way out..."
(10:27:29 PM) Solaire: http://i.imgur.com/l8d8Lou.jpg acadia needs to turn into a stoat and murder people
(10:27:36 PM) D_M: "Yes, I will wait. Lord willing, the priests will succeed at their blasphemy. Or maybe the devil willing. I don't know what side we're on, here," he says.
(10:28:04 PM) Acadia: OMG I love stoats!
(10:28:23 PM) D_M: (Go Fisher Cat or go home.)
(10:28:32 PM) D_M: "Yes, brother," says Faisal.
(10:29:07 PM) Solaire: (We've already used that with a druid. This is a new terror)
(10:29:09 PM) D_M: "For the kingdom that will be," he says, echoing some unheard declaration.
(10:29:16 PM) _Magnus left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(10:29:21 PM) D_M: (Still Mustelidae.)
(10:29:39 PM) D_M: Acadia, you hear a faint simmering sound for a moment.
(10:29:48 PM) D_M: Faisal stares down at the bowl.
(10:30:06 PM) Acadia: *stares*
(10:30:09 PM) D_M: All at once, he strikes it from his table. It goes flying, splashing its contents (which seem only to be water) all over the room and you.
(10:30:39 PM) Acadia: —____—
(10:30:42 PM) Serribon: (http://tinyurl.com/bvkdh3g)
(10:31:02 PM) D_M: He rests his hands on the table, hangs his head, and exhales, a man long since defeated and exhausted. He continues now solely because he has no other choice.
(10:31:53 PM) ***Acadia waits around a bit longer to see if he'll do anything else that's interesting.
(10:32:06 PM) D_M: He eventually tries to go to bed, Acadia.
(10:32:12 PM) D_M: Team IAS, you have a metallic bird for the sending of critical updates to Vargas, I believe.
(10:32:15 PM) Solaire: (Seriously though we need to do shit like that with Cadia)
(10:32:44 PM) Solaire: (Just hand people a box full of her in a totally small and murderous animal form)
(10:32:48 PM) Solaire: (Wolverines and shit)
(10:32:50 PM) Serribon: (yes. But animal messenger only goes to places you can direct the animal to - none of the rest of us have been to Sil)
(10:33:08 PM) ***Acadia scurries back to Serribon in mouse form and runs up his leg.
(10:33:11 PM) Serribon: (and the bird is only animate for 24 hrs at a stretch)
(10:33:20 PM) Vargas: (V would check in with the team once a day with Sending)
(10:33:26 PM) Acadia: And then turns into acadia sitting on his chest.
(10:33:41 PM) Serribon: "Ooof!"
(10:33:54 PM) Vargas: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/sending.html#_sending
(10:34:23 PM) Nacht [~Mibbit@ppp-70-247-174-122.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net] entered the room.
(10:34:25 PM) D_M: That, then. In any case, you have enough of a resource to start an in depth dream conversation if needed.
(10:34:39 PM) Nacht is now known as Magnus_
(10:34:42 PM) D_M: (Someone help Nacht catch up in the background.)
(10:34:44 PM) Serribon: (*nod* was gonna ask if he had something like that)
(10:34:53 PM) ***Acadia blabbers in a barely contained whisper: "She's dead! The old guy thinks we're trouble and is going to try to lie while they…. Raise? Her. And he said "Brother" a lot!"
(10:35:29 PM) Serribon: "..."
(10:35:34 PM) Magnus_: (casting guidance for that contact with Magnus' deity too, DM)
(10:35:39 PM) Vargas: (I will hold off on the Sending until Serribon and Avadia and Ibram give me the RP clearance.
(10:35:43 PM) D_M: Link spell, Magnus.
(10:36:02 PM) Acadia: "I don't know if they killed her. But he said she's dead. But he said they'll bring her back." /me looks really confused.
(10:36:10 PM) Serribon: "Please get down."
(10:36:44 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *looks at serribon* "I'll get the weapons together."
(10:36:58 PM) ***Acadia stares for a minute, looks around, and drops to the floor, brushing herself off and trying to look much less excited than she clearly was a moment ago.
(10:37:14 PM) Serribon: "No. We can't do anything right now."
(10:37:15 PM) ***Acadia then sits upon Petite in a most stately fashion.
(10:37:31 PM) ***Serribon gets back up off the ground.
(10:37:36 PM) Solaire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyeW12DlhE
(10:37:39 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "She's dead."
(10:37:43 PM) Acadia: "They have priests, he said."
(10:38:34 PM) Serribon: "Yes. And we made several promises in that regard. They will be kept."
(10:38:52 PM) Acadia: "How can they bring her back?"
(10:38:54 PM) D_M: Magnus, link the spell you're trying to use.
(10:39:22 PM) Solaire: (inside of Ibram's head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE )
(10:39:26 PM) Serribon: "For now, however, we can do nothing. We do not know of her condition... officially. Vargas and Magnus are still at work in foreign parts. Though I will report to him at tonights meeting."
(10:39:33 PM) Magnus_: (Give me just a minute..the computer is being a drag..it's the guidance spell actually.)
(10:39:35 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "right."
(10:39:42 PM) D_M: (roger.)
(10:40:19 PM) Solaire: (It's like listening to someone drop an entire band's instruments down a stairs while cookie monster sings)
(10:40:25 PM) Serribon: "Perhaps they do have priests of sufficient power to do this. If we allow them to try, it will save us the trouble of finding another one or gathering the funds for the effort."
(10:40:40 PM) D_M: (You mean your old stand-by, Divination, Magnus?)
(10:41:07 PM) ***Acadia stares at him blankly. "But how can they bring her back?"
(10:41:26 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "Magic."
(10:42:12 PM) ***Acadia continues to stare blankly, and then turns to communicate with Petite.
(10:42:15 PM) Magnus_: (Yes)
(10:42:21 PM) Serribon: "As I understand it, some divine beings are capable of restoring the wayward spirit to a newly whole body. It is a ritual enacted only by very powerful priests, and requires the use of many expensive ingredients."
(10:42:26 PM) D_M: Magnus, as your question, and then roll.
(10:43:09 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *is shaking*
(10:43:20 PM) ***Acadia tries to digest this slowly.
(10:43:26 PM) Serribon: "And we once met a dryad who used natural magics to bring Vargas' soul back in a completely different body. For several months, he was an elf-maid."
(10:43:34 PM) ***Magnus_ questions his Lady, "What exactly is attacking Miriam. What is it's name?"
(10:43:42 PM) Magnus_: ,roll 1d100
(10:43:42 PM) Clockwork: Magnus_: 96
(10:43:44 PM) Acadia: "Dryad?"
(10:43:53 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *chuckles*
(10:44:04 PM) Magnus_: (I believe that is a no bueno)
(10:44:17 PM) Vargas: (magnus has horrible luck on his div rolls)
(10:44:35 PM) D__M: You pray on the subject, Magnus, but for whatever reason, you are unable to get yourself deep enough into a trance for any useful insight to occur to you.
(10:44:38 PM) Serribon: "A type of feylai that dwells within a tree. Something like a nymph of the forest."
(10:44:42 PM) Magnus_: (They work sometimes! ...the answer is just confusing every now and then.)
(10:44:59 PM) Acadia: "I know them. I never saw them do that."
(10:45:08 PM) D__M: Acadia, you know dryads.
(10:45:17 PM) D__M: They are tree spirits. Fey creatures.
(10:45:31 PM) Acadia: (Gotcha)
(10:45:58 PM) Serribon: "This one was a very powerful druid on top of her natural abilities. She may have once been a mortal herself, come to think of it. We had some very... confusing... adventures before we met you."
(10:46:18 PM) Vargas: (Everything about Cassandra was confusing)
(10:46:44 PM) ***Magnus_ opens his eyes and he comes from his trance, "I will need to try again after I sleep. I do not know, Vargas."
(10:47:02 PM) D__M: Anyhoo, time is flying guys. Keep moving.
(10:47:08 PM) ***Vargas casts Sending at some point to Serribon, "Sil is taking action against Kervics. Made contacts. Got map intel. Looking for leads. Sit rep?" (25 word reply)
(10:47:21 PM) ***Acadia looks a bit confused, but okay.
(10:47:30 PM) D__M: Heh, three word reply: Need to talk.
(10:47:33 PM) Acadia: "I knew they were strong…."
(10:48:07 PM) D__M: Serribon, you have been Sent. You response?
(10:49:15 PM) D__M: Sending is a magical telegram. "Sil is taking action against Kervics stop. Made contacts stop. Got map intel stop."
(10:49:57 PM) Serribon: "Return ASAP. Miriam has succumbed to her affliction. Kervics attempt to resurrect on the sly. Maintaining cover. Holding for advice."
(10:50:19 PM) ***Acadia quietly considers her Fey mentors, realizing that she has not yet tapped anywhere near the power that they have. She purses her lips, looking somewhat frustrated. She considers V's power, what she's seen him do, and tries to compare that to the Fey.
(10:50:34 PM) Solaire: (haha, shoulda added. Ibram going insane)
(10:50:52 PM) Magnus_: (All the bread is gone!)
(10:51:16 PM) ***Vargas staggers, and slips to catch himself on his cane. He reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a piece of paper.
(10:51:18 PM) Solaire: (We're fucked now)
(10:51:40 PM) D__M: It's so different, Acadia. Your Magic and Vargas's. Magnus's powers make a little more sense, but they're so bound up in this other Person, his goddess. To learn the ways of a powerful druid, you're just going to have to find a powerful druid.
(10:51:59 PM) ***Magnus_ holds V steady with a hand, "What has happened?"
(10:52:14 PM) ***Acadia narrows her eyes toward the floor, in deep thought.
(10:52:56 PM) Serribon: "We maintain our vigilance here. Faisal will be nervous and may make more mistakes. We should be there to capitalize on them."
(10:53:09 PM) ***Vargas reads the words, and then puts it back in his pocket. "Miriam is dead. The Kervics will try to raise her without our knowing. They must have caught him talking to somebody." He pauses. "We need to head back. We've been away too long."
(10:53:21 PM) ***Serribon turns to Acadia. "You saw who he was communicating with?"
(10:53:25 PM) ***Acadia pops back to reality.
(10:53:49 PM) ***Vargas starts writing a letter.
(10:54:42 PM) Solaire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLQgpq86wQ (o shit)
(10:55:38 PM) ***Acadia shakes her head. "No. He was talking into the water. He was upset. Like… he feels bad for what he's doing. He said something about doing it for a kingdom. Oh!
(10:56:07 PM) Magnus_: "Let us go...but know that she is not fully gone, Vargas. Trust me."
(10:56:46 PM) Acadia: *her eyes alight* "There was a thing! A metal ring. He put things in it, and it was gone."
(10:57:04 PM) Acadia: (not it, they*)
(10:57:12 PM) Serribon: "Talking into water?"
(10:57:16 PM) ***Vargas stops scribing. "... I know." *scribble scribble* He finishes by drawing a rose on a badge on the envelope. "Please nail this to the door for me, Magnus."
(10:57:18 PM) Acadia: (sigh. They were gone* )
(10:57:26 PM) ***Magnus_ will send word to Akor about maintaining vigilance and watching the humans in a letter...but not sure how they'll take it..might just dismiss it.
(10:57:42 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "Grrr."
(10:57:42 PM) ***Acadia nods. Like when we look in a mirror to see someone far away, I think.
(10:58:07 PM) Acadia: "Well, I look in water. I think the wizard looks in something else."
(10:58:09 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7 (spellcraft)
(10:58:09 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (spellcraft): 15:8+7
(10:58:43 PM) ***Magnus_ nails the letter to the door as instructed.
(10:59:21 PM) Serribon: "I have no idea how that works. But I can see the basis - sound travels better in water. Yes. That makes sense.... did you see whether it was a magic container, or did he cast a spell upon it?"
(10:59:37 PM) D__M: Probably similar to scrying, Serribon, but you've never heard of an effect quite like that before,
(11:00:00 PM) Serribon: "We still don't know the extent of the man's abilities..."
(11:00:01 PM) Magnus_: adds one last thing..."I can't kill what afflicts, Miriam, Vargas. It is beyond my own abilities."
(11:00:02 PM) ***Vargas will return to the party with Magnus immediately. "Ready, magnus?"
(11:00:34 PM) ***Acadia purses her lips. "I can show you what I know."
(11:00:35 PM) Magnus_: "Let's go."
(11:01:53 PM) ***Vargas .oO(I don't think any mortal can, Magnus. But there is Gott.)
(11:01:56 PM) ***Vargas teleports.
(11:02:14 PM) Serribon: "No time, perhaps, unless you know exactly what he did... I do wonder, though, what are the limits of that ring you mentioned. I would assume there is probably a second one for things to emerge from - could we send through it if we captured it? Perhaps Vargas will know."
(11:02:33 PM) Acadia: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/04/that-toy-poodle-you-bought-is-just-a-weasel-on-steroids/
(11:03:15 PM) ***Acadia shrugs. She has literally no knowledge to contribute on that thing.
(11:03:47 PM) D__M: The team reunites.
(11:04:07 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *sits there holding his sword, quaking with rage*
(11:05:25 PM) ***Serribon is waiting.
(11:06:00 PM) D__M: Vargas, you and Magnus appear in the tent just a short time after the terse sending.
(11:06:35 PM) ***Magnus_ looks from face to face.
(11:06:37 PM) ***Vargas doesn't say anything. Not at first. He just looks at his ka'tet for a moment. He steps forward and lifts his arms, "Come here, everyone. Team circle."
(11:07:01 PM) ***Acadia approaches cautiously.
(11:08:15 PM) ***Serribon stands and closes.
(11:08:34 PM) ***Magnus_ remains where he was, next to V.
(11:09:00 PM) D__M: Team circle.
(11:09:03 PM) Vargas: "You too, Brrk."
(11:09:18 PM) D__M: Brrk sneaks out of cover and looks very skeptical, but approaches
(11:09:43 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *stands, his sword still in hand*
(11:10:04 PM) Vargas: "Tell me everything."
(11:10:22 PM) D__M: You go around the room. Everything is told.
(11:11:09 PM) D__M: Presently, the sum of the team's knowledge is before you.
(11:12:01 PM) Vargas: "Serribon, what course of action would you take?"
(11:12:26 PM) Solaire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BG48cWU0r9M (Tell me you guys wouldn't watch Evangelion all over again if they remade it in 1970s super style)
(11:12:54 PM) Serribon: "We wait. We still do not know where Miriam is being kept, so fulfilling our oaths of vengeance at this point would be premature."
(11:12:56 PM) Magnus_: (I feel sad to say I never got to see Evangelion)
(11:13:32 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, what course of action would you take?"
(11:13:32 PM) Solaire: (This is my personal favorite robot show actually http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhjds5BtY68 )
(11:13:41 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "Kill them all. Let Gott sort them out."
(11:14:09 PM) Vargas: "Acadia, what course of action would you take?"
(11:14:48 PM) Acadia: "…. Get Faisal. He's on the edge."
(11:14:58 PM) Serribon: "And it's possible that the Kervic priests will be able to restore. Which solves several problems for us - namely, finding someone else to do it and emptying the resurrection fund. It may even free her from the fiend's hold."
(11:15:02 PM) Magnus_: (Patlabor has my vote)
(11:16:22 PM) Vargas: "Magnus, what course of action would you take?"
(11:18:14 PM) Magnus_: "Use Faisal to get us to the location of Miriam. He is on edge, panicking, and is most likely easily manipulated. The elves already threaten Kervic's plans and that helps us. I can bring Miriam back. We can collect our gold afterwards."
(11:18:58 PM) Vargas: Looks into the goblin's oversized black eyes, "Brrk, what course of action would you take?"
(11:19:25 PM) Acadia: (ever the fair leader)
(11:19:54 PM) D__M: Brrk gapes. She did not see this coming. She looks in terror from one adventurer to the next as she realizes she's being tested.
(11:20:10 PM) D__M: Stand with giants now, or forever be that little turd foblin
(11:20:15 PM) D__M: Goblin.
(11:20:24 PM) D__M: The one they keep like a pet.
(11:20:25 PM) Magnus_: (foblin was cuter)
(11:20:30 PM) D__M: Heh.
(11:20:53 PM) Magnus_: (proves she can't spell goblin)
(11:21:18 PM) D__M: "Errrrr.... Errrrr...." She shakes and bears her teeth while she searches her brain for something intelligent to say.
(11:21:37 PM) Acadia: Poor brrk!
(11:22:26 PM) D__M: If anyone wants to help her out, feel free to interject.
(11:22:40 PM) D__M: Whatever leader thinks is best? No, too patronizing. They'll see through it.
(11:22:49 PM) Vargas: (diplo check!)
(11:23:00 PM) D__M: roll, then speak.
(11:23:02 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18
(11:23:02 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 24:6+18
(11:23:15 PM) D__M: Attack? Dragon king said it, but they expect goblin to say attack.
(11:23:23 PM) ***Magnus_ gets down on her level, "You are welcome to speak up when you feel you should, Brrk."
(11:23:29 PM) D__M: Wait? How much time is left?
(11:24:03 PM) D__M: What is important here, anyway? The money? The human girl? What do they value? Why?
(11:24:05 PM) ***Vargas is not an expert in goblin, but this much should work. "What matters the most to you Brrk? Answer that. Then, what would you do about that?"
(11:25:23 PM) D__M: Brrk closes her mouth. What matters most to Brrk? Well, the gold, of cou--Except... These people get more gold. So much more than goblin kind ever did.
(11:25:56 PM) D__M: And so much more power. That is what Brrk craves. To be a giant with them, if there is a way.
(11:28:00 PM) D__M: Brrk clenches her teeth again. "Brrk is maybe stupid goblin. Brrk does not know what to do," she says. "But the masters have power. Hand-Maiden even has power. Brrk would get her back, for her power. Don't trust the enemy. They will screw it up, or double-cross, like goblins."
(11:28:44 PM) Acadia: adorable.
(11:28:58 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *nods at Brrk* "Good call."
(11:29:30 PM) ***Magnus_ nods and stands up.
(11:29:33 PM) ***Vargas pulls the chrono from his pocket, and clicks the trigger as he opens the ornate nickel and brass cover.
(11:29:39 PM) D__M: Chaos.
(11:30:08 PM) D__M: The date... Is still ahead of you, it seems, but you are entering into the strong probability sphere of its occurrence.
(11:30:42 PM) D__M: The element of futurity in the chrono's reading is dwindling toward zero with each passing day, now.
(11:32:09 PM) Vargas: "We have never stood at a greater impasse, my friends. The minimum that history demands is secure. The minimum that we expect is in jeopardy."
(11:33:06 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "THEN WE TAKE IT BACK."
(11:33:12 PM) Solaire: <ibram> *roars, beard bristling*
(11:33:17 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "No matter what it costs."
(11:35:35 PM) Vargas: (sorry, typing is hard)
(11:35:42 PM) D_M: (truth)
(11:36:01 PM) Magnus_: (yarp)
(11:38:48 PM) ***Vargas grips his cane. "We leave no man behind, fortune be damned. But we do not strike now. First, we share the truth of the treasure to the other lords' factions. Then, and only then, we strike. If we can take hold of that Iron Ring, I can find them."
(11:39:01 PM) Solaire: <ibram> "ll right."
(11:39:42 PM) Serribon: "Are you familiar with such devices?"
(11:40:39 PM) Vargas: "I'll figure something out."
(11:41:20 PM) D_M: Is that the play, team?
(11:41:50 PM) Serribon: Sure
(11:42:01 PM) Magnus_: a
(11:42:09 PM) Magnus_: A;right
(11:42:10 PM) D_M: So be it. Vargas, how do you intend to tell the other factions?
(11:42:29 PM) Vargas: Dream spell.
(11:42:38 PM) D_M: Oh, wow, ok.
(11:42:46 PM) D_M: How do you plan to couch it?
(11:42:53 PM) D_M: What's your presentation?
(11:43:13 PM) Vargas: Can I think on it this week, but before next game?
(11:43:18 PM) D_M: Absolutely.
(11:43:36 PM) D_M: We will cut here, and next week, the final episode of the Hunt.

14APR13

Clockwork Rivet