21APR13

(19:01:03) Sirens [~Adium@ip68-105-1-229.br.br.cox.net] entered the room.
(19:01:12) Soggylord: I am literally butthurt tonight
(19:01:28) Gerhal: Turn on your AIM, Bill.
(19:01:36) Soggylord: I was using a bike yesterday and the bucket seat tore up my lower back/rear end flesh
(19:01:50) Sirens: that sounds awful.
(19:03:27) Gerhal: Rivet can't make it tonight. I shall summon the DiceBot.
(19:03:46) Clockwork [~Clockwork@c-24-30-63-2.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] entered the room.
(19:05:24) You are now known as D_M
(19:05:27) D_M: So, who's here?
(19:05:35) Gerhal is now known as Vargas
(19:05:57) Soggylord: yo
(19:05:59) Vargas: (Zee Viizard iz prezent)
(19:06:37) Sirens is now known as Acadia
(19:06:49) ***Acadia raises hand.
(19:07:06) Nacht is now known as Magnus_
(19:09:29) Magnus_: (Just finished watching The Stuff...that was a good 80's horror flick)
(19:09:46) D_M: All right, so it's the night following your little round-table conclave regarding what to do with the latest news.
(19:10:22) Vargas: (Question. Magnus, you had your thing in elf-land. Do you mention it at all before we return?)
(19:10:33) D_M: Negative.
(19:10:47) D_M: Wait, what thing?
(19:10:53) Vargas: (His twix)
(19:10:59) D_M: No, that was not in elf-land.
(19:11:03) Magnus_: (It was after the return from Sil)
(19:11:06) Vargas: (oh, nvm)
(19:12:38) D_M: Everyone is asleep except Vargas, because Vargas never sleeps. You're all keeping to the same tent tonight for security; tomorrow you intend to put your plan in motion, to undermine the alliance, to begin forcing Faisal's hand... except...
(19:13:59) D_M: Vargas never sleeps. As the others slumber around him, he sits against a tent post, brooding under the brim of his hat. Still and silent amidst the snoring bulks of Serribon and Ibram, his eyes are open but unseeing as he reconsiders his options.
(19:14:35) D_M: Perhaps the time for gambits and games is over. Perhaps there is no more time. Yes, the more he thinks about it, the more he thinks the time has come for speed.
(19:15:08) D_M: He voiced the first inklings of this sentiment to Serribon before they went to sleep, and Serribon was inclined to agree, to some extent. Or was at least willing.
(19:15:30) ***Vargas runs his fingers over his brass and silver pocket chrono.
(19:17:04) Magnus_: (Time to watch..The Evil Dead)
(19:17:59) Acadia: (nice)
(19:18:01) D_M: So here sits Vargas, pondering, and a new, very different plan is taking shape in his head. A plan to execute this very night, while he has everyone together. Everyone's here except Magnus, who took some alone time to attempt meditation. With any luck, the insights which result from his prayers tonight will help Vargas's decision.
(19:21:48) ***Magnus_ slips into the group tent, a towering, cowled figure. As always, the robes mostly hide his weapons and armor and his potentially frightening features. As always, he moves quietly for a creature of such bulk. He looks around and then nods to Vargas. "Vargas. All quiet?"
(19:22:45) ***Vargas instantly returns to the world of tangibles and glances over. His hand retreats from his cane. "Yes, all quiet."
(19:24:02) D_M: GUPCs from all.
(19:24:11) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(19:24:11) Clockwork: Acadia: 15:3+12
(19:24:17) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(19:24:18) Clockwork: Vargas, (perc): 20:3+17
(19:24:21) ***Magnus_ nods. "My meditation went well," his voice rumbles, sotto voce. "I think I've had some important revelations, actually. Might impact what we do next," he says. He moves carefully into the tent, so as not to disturb the sleepers.
(19:24:53) Vargas: "Tell me. What did you ask, and what did you see?"
(19:26:51) Soggylord: ,roll 1d20+2
(19:26:51) Clockwork: Soggylord: 13:11+2
(19:30:32) Vargas: (ping)
(19:30:48) D_M: Sorry, background chat with Nacht.
(19:30:49) Soggylord: (pingaling)
(19:32:27) ***Magnus_ stands over Ibram and Serribon, looking down at them as if trying to figure out where to sit in the tight confines of the tent. "I think I've discovered why your team is so tormented by this demon, Caleb."
(19:32:27) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(19:32:27) Clockwork: D_M: 10
(19:32:47) D_M: Vargas, Sense Motive.
(19:32:56) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(19:32:57) Clockwork: Vargas: 19:2+17
(19:33:40) Vargas: "I'm not sure I follow."
(19:34:52) D_M: It occurs to you, Vargas, that for all your pressing problems of late, the question of Caleb has been something of a distraction and fascination for Magnus. You wonder if he realizes how dangerous that is.
(19:35:43) Vargas: "What do you mean?"
(19:37:14) ***Magnus_ looks up at Vargas. His eyes reflect a spark of candlelight from the shadows under his hood. You can see his tusks as he speaks. "I just mean that I finally know why Caleb keeps coming after you all." He smiles.
(19:39:22) ***Vargas tilts his head in that way all of you are so familiar with. "That's impossible. You can't just dedu..." He grows quiet. "Have you been divining about Caleb?"
(19:40:04) Vargas: "Do you know how dangerous that is?"
(19:42:42) ***Magnus_ looks down again. He looks like he has made up his mind. "I have some idea." He raises his mace, and strikes with all his might at Ibram's head.
(19:43:04) D_M: Oh dear. Vargas, Reflex, please.
(19:43:04) ***Vargas cries out, "NOOOOOOOO!"
(19:43:48) Vargas: (Player failed will save, one sec)
(19:43:49) Acadia: (DRAMA!)
(19:44:06) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+7 (ref)
(19:44:06) Clockwork: Vargas, (ref): 13:6+7
(19:44:13) Vargas: (I will AP this one)
(19:44:23) Vargas: ,roll 1d6
(19:44:23) Clockwork: Vargas: 3
(19:44:24) Vargas: ,roll 1d6
(19:44:24) Clockwork: Vargas: 3
(19:44:33) Vargas: (damn, dice bot. Bastard.)
(19:45:45) D_M: Very well. Your cry comes a moment too late. Magnus, roll your coup de grace. Basically, roll damage as you would for a critical hit.
(19:46:09) D_M: No buffs are in effect, but your weapon has its normal permanent powers.
(19:46:31) Magnus_: (minute please)
(19:46:50) Soggylord: ,roll 1d20+9
(19:46:50) Clockwork: Soggylord: 22:13+9
(19:49:20) D_M: Waiting for the damage roll...
(19:52:47) Magnus_: ,roll 1d8+4+1d6
(19:52:47) Clockwork: Magnus_: 14:8+4+2
(19:52:58) D_M: Plus 1d8+4 again.
(19:53:02) Magnus_: , roll 1d8+4+1d6
(19:53:12) D_M: (Just the 1d8+4)
(19:53:29) Magnus_: ,roll 1d8+4
(19:53:29) Clockwork: Magnus_: 10:6+4
(19:53:33) D_M: Ooof.
(19:53:57) D_M: 24 Damage, Ibram, and the Fort DC is 34.
(19:54:05) D_M: Out of reach of an AP.
(19:54:13) D_M: You are killed.
(19:54:55) D_M: Vargas, act..
(19:55:33) D_M: Serribon and Acadia, you awaken and become aware of what is going on. Serribon will take a Standard this round, after Vargas.
(19:56:09) ***Vargas is shaking, shaking in rage. He has no words for this except the Words of Power. He invokes the power of his ring, and casts Resiliant Sphere on Magnus.
(19:56:20) D_M: DC, Vargas?
(19:56:26) Vargas: (dc 20 ref save)
(19:56:38) D_M: Magnus, roll reflex.
(19:56:45) ***Acadia turns into a tiger at first opportunity. Fur up, claws out.
(19:57:02) Magnus_: ,roll 1d20+6
(19:57:02) Clockwork: Magnus_: 15:9+6
(19:57:23) D_M: He is instantly encased in an invisible sphere, a perfect cage of force.
(19:57:57) Vargas: "IBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!! GOTT NO" He reverts back to Herzlish which nobody can understand, diving to cradle his friend.
(19:57:59) D_M: Serribon is on his feet almost in the same instant, Power Violence at the ready as if out of nowhere, but his target is... Magnus? And Magnus is already captured.
(19:58:32) D_M: Ibram's eyes are open and blank, his head badly mangled by the flanges of Magnus's weapon of war.
(19:58:33) Soggylord: <ibram> *oozes brains onto V's shirt*
(19:59:04) Vargas: "Acadia! Save him! Please save him!"
(20:00:41) ***Magnus_ looks down at Vargas. "You will never be rid of me," he says in a voice not his own, mild and with a bit of an elvish accent. "I will continue to take the ones you care for, because they will /come to me./ They just keep asking for it." He chuckles.
(20:00:53) ***Acadia turns into gnome and rushes to Ibram's side.
(20:01:10) ***Acadia tries everything she can.
(20:01:26) Vargas: (Do you have Breath of Life by chance?)
(20:01:37) Acadia: Healing spells, Stabilize spells, anything and everything.
(20:02:14) Vargas: (Sadly Ibby is dead dead. Breath of Life, Raise Dead, Reincarnate, stuff like that is required I think)
(20:02:50) Acadia: (I don't think I have any of those.)
(20:03:08) ***Magnus_ rolls his head and looks at his blood-splattered weapon. "This one, with all his 'woe is me, I am so tormented,' his pathetic need for a life. He pratically begged me to give him his turn. He begged to take your burden, Vargas. You know that? He wanted it. They always do, deep down."
(20:03:13) Acadia: Oh I do!
(20:03:18) Acadia: I have reincarnate
(20:04:08) D_M: Serribon is looking from Ibram to Magnus and is all but snarling. His veins stand out starkly on his head and in his arms. He would love nothing more than to shove dragon bone clean through the force sphere and out the other side, but he knows Magnus is just a puppet on a string right now.
(20:04:37) ***Vargas doesn't have brain cycles for Caleb right now. It's just noise.
(20:05:31) ***Magnus_ sticks his tongue out at Serribon and licks the air, and then looks down at Vargasagain. "Shall he suffer for you, Vargas? Shall I let him have what he asked for?"
(20:07:05) ***Vargas stands, and turns so that his body is a shield hiding his hand from Magnus-who-is-Caleb, and in Serribon's view. He signs, [If he tries to commit suicide, I will drop the shield, and you disarm him. Got it?]
(20:07:29) D_M: Serribon nods and takes position.
(20:07:53) ***Acadia is concentrating, summoning all of the power she can muster, all of the guidance of her beloved fey, whispering prayers in her mind.
(20:08:41) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(20:08:41) Clockwork: Vargas: 28:17+11
(20:08:50) ***Magnus_ drops his mace and leans against the interior of the sphere, pressing his big, orcish nose against it as he stares down at Vargas. He grins, and then...
(20:08:50) D_M: ?
(20:09:40) ***Vargas musters his willpower, and turns to face Magnus-who-is-Caleb. Reciting the litany against fear he retains control.
(20:09:59) ***Vargas will say nothing to Caleb. He offers no challenge, no answer.
(20:10:14) ***Vargas only watches for sign, or opportunity.
(20:11:35) ***Magnus_ watches Vargas and his expression of cruel joy slowly turns to one of a troubled mind.
(20:12:47) Acadia: *Petite is behind Acadia, his reptilian eyes are fixed on Magnus. He is hissing and writhing, clearly feeling threatened, but unwilling to leave Acadia.
(20:12:48) ***Magnus_ watches in sorrow at what was Ibram. His eyes glance at the others, there appearing to be less vile red in their tones.
(20:13:40) Magnus_: "I.....I wanted to keep you all from his wrath. I..."
(20:13:53) D_M: All at once, an unseen force snatches Magnus from his feet and slams him into the top of the invisible bubble.
(20:14:10) D_M: It holds him there, pinned, and begins to crush and twist his body, slowly, so that he can feel it...
(20:14:23) D_M: "Vargas!" shouts Serribon.
(20:14:45) Vargas: "Serribon, now!"
(20:14:49) ***Magnus_ snarls as his body starts to break.
(20:14:53) ***Vargas drops the sphere.
(20:15:04) D_M: Serribon leaps, grab attempt.
(20:15:11) D_M: ,roll 1d20+18
(20:15:12) Clockwork: D_M: 29:11+18
(20:16:00) D_M: The bubble vanishes, anad Magnus shoots upward into the air. Serribon grabs him as he departs and holds on for a moment before falling free and crashing nearly onto Acade.
(20:16:03) D_M: Acadia.
(20:16:12) ***Acadia looks toward Magnus as he is tortured by an unseen power. What is this? What can be this powerful?
(20:16:13) D_M: Magnus pops through the tent ceiling and vanishes.
(20:16:34) Vargas: (phone)
(20:20:32) ***Acadia takes a defensive stance on all fours, though not quite in an animal form, yet. Her entire consciousness is crying out for her teachers, crying out to the earth itself. She is begging for help, for the power to stop this unseen threat.
(20:21:49) Vargas: (does he like rip through the tent, or magically pop?)
(20:22:03) Soggylord: <ibram> *dribles blud*
(20:22:10) D_M: Magnus rips through the tent ceiling fabric and vanishes into the night, straight up...
(20:22:12) Vargas: (done with phone)
(20:22:24) ***Vargas flies after him.
(20:22:30) ***Acadia flies after V.
(20:22:39) D_M: Vargas, you meet him coming back down at terminal velocity.
(20:22:48) ***Vargas casts feather fall, swift action.
(20:23:18) Magnus_: (ring, baby..ring)
(20:23:36) Magnus_: (but do your thing, bro.
(20:23:37) Magnus_: )
(20:23:41) D_M: Vargas, Acadia-bird, and Magnus crash through the top of the tent, collapsing several support beams, and impact the floor with a heavy thud.
(20:24:08) D_M: Magnus, thanks to feather fall, you are at 0 HP, stable and able to take partial action.
(20:24:13) D_M: Staggered is the word.
(20:24:41) ***Vargas says something very ugly in Herzish.
(20:25:37) ***Vargas scrambles away from Magnus. "Chain him, Serribon! Chain his hands!"
(20:25:50) ***Magnus_ reaches a hand out towards the slain Ibram and whispers through pain and unconciousness, "Forgive me Pharasma, my Queen. Save him and take me."
(20:26:36) D_M: Magnus, your touch is just a touch. You feel empty. Distant. You feel... ordinary.
(20:26:59) Magnus_: (wasn't a touch..just a hope)
(20:27:17) D_M: Very well. Still, you can feel the loss inside yourself.
(20:27:53) D_M: As Serribon jumps on your back and binds your hands, you can feel a profound loneliness and grief steal upon you. She's gone. Your beloved mistress is gone.
(20:28:03) D_M: Or rather, you are gone. You have taken yourself from her presence.
(20:28:30) D_M: Serribon finishes binding Magnus, whom I presume does not resist.
(20:28:41) Magnus_: (correct)
(20:29:05) D_M: Serri looks at Vargas. "Vargas... we have to move tonight, with the people we have left."
(20:29:42) ***Magnus_ mutters, "Take who you have lost as well..take Ibram."
(20:30:50) ***Magnus_ looks at Vargas with sincere eyes. "Akor priests can save him...you need diamonds."
(20:31:37) ***Vargas can be seen shaking with emotion. "I have six teleports. That's the most I can do without my ring. Help me count..."
(20:32:01) ***Magnus_ watches the floor, "I have no power to do it now."
(20:32:11) Vargas: "I can take three to a hideout, and return. That's two."
(20:32:56) D_M: "Three including yourself?" asks Serribon. "You'll need to take Ibram and Magnus to Akor, and I should come too for security." He looks down at Magnus meaningfully.
(20:33:09) D_M: "And then there's Faisal..."
(20:33:35) Vargas: "Three excluding myself."
(20:33:48) Vargas: "Acadia, can you make Petite small?"
(20:33:50) ***Acadia sits crouched, away from the others. Her fingernails dig into the floor, and her eyes fill with angry tears.
(20:34:23) ***Acadia looks at Vargas, and tries to regain some composure. Her mind is flustered, but she manages to understand the question and nods.
(20:35:56) D_M: Serribon frowns. "Look, just move us all to Akor. Somewhere underground. We can secure Faisal and Magnus long enough to sort things out and help Ibram."
(20:36:34) ***Magnus_ mutters, "Take him quickly...please." ... "Ressurrection windows are so small."
(20:36:41) ***Acadia puts a hand on Petite, and the two exchange some kind of communication. Petite is clearly frightened, but some understanding passes between them and he turns into a small, harmless mouse, which Acadia clutches protectively to her chest.
(20:36:46) Vargas: "I know, I know. I just, I need you here to garauntee we can knock Faisal the hell out fast enough."
(20:37:13) Vargas: "We've also got Brrk to move. And Petite. That's why I'm counting bodies but I'm having trouble thinking straight. I'm sorry."
(20:37:36) D_M: Serribon looks at Acadia and then at Vargas. "Acadia and I can take Faisal. We have him off guard. Go! Start moving people now. We'll have guards on us soon."
(20:38:22) Vargas: "Brrk, get over here. I'm taking you, Magnus, and Ibram to Akor. You will keep Magnus bound. Do NOT let him go under any circumstances, that's an order."
(20:38:24) D_M: GUPCs are not necessary to hear the commotion building outside.
(20:38:56) D_M: Brrk sneaks forward. If goblins could go pale with horror, she would have managed it.
(20:39:05) ***Vargas will teleport those three to Akor, and return.
(20:39:34) D_M: Vargas, Ibram, Magnus, and Brrk gather for a teleportation.
(20:40:12) D_M: That leaves Serribon, Acadia, and mini-Petite behind.
(20:40:38) ***Acadia pockets mini-P and looks to Serribon.
(20:40:42) D_M: "They're coming," says Serribon. "Are you good to move? I think we should hit Faisal now."
(20:40:53) D_M: Vargas, where do you select as your drop-in location in Akor?
(20:40:56) ***Acadia nods.
(20:41:16) Vargas: (I will pick our house, which he kept under rent with servents)
(20:41:24) D_M: Roger.
(20:41:39) D_M: Which room do you want to port into?
(20:42:15) Vargas: V's room. He knows it best, so it is the most reliable teleport.
(20:43:42) ***Acadia looks at Serribon. "If Big Cat or any of the others are going to come out, I need to put Petite somewhere safe. Do you have a pocket?"
(20:44:28) D_M: "Just put him in here," says Serribon, offering a small critter-case that is part of his gear and is used normally to hold live bait for fishing or snares.
(20:44:48) D_M: The guards are almost on you. It's time to go get Faisal, Acadia.
(20:44:59) D_M: Vargas!
(20:45:05) Vargas: (Yes, boss?)
(20:45:51) ***Acadia ushers Petite into the box, and then snarls as her skin turns into the golden fur of a large bengal tiger.
(20:46:21) D_M: With all the finesse of a novice evoker, you tear the universe and stretch it into a tiny ball in your mind, find your room in it, and smash it back to normal size around you.
(20:47:09) D_M: The teleportation is so rough that it actually produces some magical cast-off, which would be normal for an actual evoker (like the lightning effects of that other wizard at the camp) but is highly unusual for a born-and-bred conjuration specialist.
(20:47:24) ***Magnus_ looks at Vargas, "The temple of Wee Jas."
(20:47:49) D_M: A maid passing by your door in the hallway hears a faint hiss and then a sharp, concussive CLAP from inside.
(20:48:17) D_M: She opens the door and peeks in. "Master Va--" She cuts off in a squeak as she sees the state of your party.
(20:50:06) ***Vargas struggles to shake off the dimensional vertigo that he suffers after teleportation. He shakes his head. If the maid does not flee, he will command her "Suza, stay calm and lock the house. Brrk is in charge until I return, got it?"
(20:50:21) D_M: Acadia, you and Serribon slip out of the tent with the remainder of your gear by a back way, and make your way toward Faisal.
(20:50:56) D_M: Serribon seems totally task-focused. A man with tunnel vision. What's going through your mind, Acadia? What are your priorities?
(20:51:44) Acadia: Follow Serribon's orders, protect Petite.
(20:52:02) D_M: "I understand, but--but what of these--Is Master Ibram all right? Is he /dead/?? Oh, Master Ibram!" She seems on the verge of breaking down. Brrk is looking from her to vargas like this is all a bit overwhelming.
(20:52:16) D_M: (Sorry, that was for Vargas and Magnus.)
(20:52:28) Acadia: I am 100% focused on staying alive currently, and she trusts Serri's judgment.
(20:52:30) ***Vargas kneels before Brrk, "You are in charge here, I'm counting on you. Can I count on you?"
(20:54:35) D_M: Acadia, very well. Serribon leads you toward Faisal's tent at a pace that is a jog even for you in large tiger form. You all make it presently to a place near the tent where you watched Faisal make his magical phone-call. "We need to know if he's in there before we hit it," says Serri, looking to you.
(20:55:11) D_M: Brrk is shaking and confused. She bears her teeth in a snarl. "They will not listen to Brrk!" she hisses. "No one listen to Brrk!"
(20:56:05) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18 (diplo)
(20:56:06) Clockwork: Vargas, (diplo): 23:5+18
(20:56:14) ***Magnus_ looks at her, "You are stronger than I am, Brrk. It will be all right."
(20:56:22) Vargas: (Damn Dicebot is so mean tonight)
(20:56:43) ***Acadia turns from Tiger to mouse, and infiltrates to see if Faisal is in the room. If he is, she will return to Serri and give him the cue.
(20:57:05) D_M: Play it as best you can, V. :-P
(20:57:06) Magnus_: (one squeek for yes, two for no)
(20:58:16) D_M: You dash across the street, Acadia, and slip through your crack. Immediately, you can tell that this tent is unoccupied. You can see his bowl, and a pitcher sitting nearby, along with the box containing the ring gate. But no people.
(20:58:22) Vargas: "Listen to me, Brrk. I don't have time for weakness tonight. Nobody listens to someone who doesn't have the confidence to speak. Be strong." He walks over to Suza, "Listen to me. Who is working tonight? Lee? Hana? Get them up. Lock the house. Prepare hot water, and bandages. Go! Go!"
(20:59:05) D_M: Suza starts to come out of her daze, backing up and nodding. "But, Master Ibram..."
(20:59:31) Soggylord: <ibram> *ded*
(20:59:37) Vargas: "He's gone. Magnus is ill. Go!"
(21:00:09) ***Magnus_ booms at Suza, "Now!"
(21:00:24) D_M: Suza pops and runs.
(21:00:44) D_M: Acadia?
(21:00:55) ***Vargas turns back to Ibram, and pulls a golden beetle out of his magical backpack. It doesn't have any finger holes, or loops. Where did they find it again? Oh, yes. He shoves it down Ibram's dead throat to magically preserve his body.
(21:01:10) Vargas: (Gentle Repose item from the Beetle King)
(21:01:19) D_M: Good memory!!
(21:01:33) Magnus_: "Wee Jas, Vargas...trust me at least this once."
(21:01:36) ***Acadia returns and tells Serribon the news in gnome form. "Faisal is not there, I can sniff him.The magical ring is there."
(21:01:39) D_M: I don't even remember where that came from, but I remember it existing.
(21:02:30) ***Vargas looks Magnus, "I know, friend. I know. Just... hold it together, okay? No more talking to Caleb."
(21:02:30) D_M: Serribon curses. "All right... damn. Faisal first. We'll come back for the toys. He's got to be in his sleeping tent." His sleeping tent is just down the way. Serribon lights out again.
(21:03:01) ***Acadia follows in gnome form.
(21:04:03) D_M: You all scamper down the path--you duck into a shadow to take cover from a passing night rover patrol, and then continue on. It's only a hundred feet or so to Faisal's sleeping tent. He has a guard posted outside the entry flap.
(21:04:16) Acadia: When they get to the tent, she tells Serribon, "One more beast can come out today. Big Bear, or Little Mouse? After that I can come back to Acadia."
(21:04:27) ***Acadia speaks barely above a whisper.
(21:05:31) D_M: Serribon curses again. "Damn it. We need a look inside, but we might need your tiger form. If Vargas was here, he could just step us past the door." He looks around, trying to figure out the best way to make an entry.
(21:05:41) ***Vargas takes a deep breath, and thinks tactically before he teleports back. He casts extended Mage Armor, and Darkvision. Overland Flight is still up. He casts See Invisibility, Invisibility, and then teleports back to the camp.
(21:06:01) Acadia: "Big bear has a keen nose, but it's not as good as seeing."
(21:06:21) D_M: Vargas, you know that by now, your tent will be overrun with people going "WTF?" Serribon and Acadia will already be in motion to capture Faisal. To where do you wish to teleport?
(21:06:46) Vargas: I would like to teleport above the camp. In the sky.
(21:06:46) ***Magnus_ takes this moment in V's room to reflect on what he has done...what he has lost.
(21:06:54) D_M: Serribon looks at Acadia. "Can big bear be quiet? I don't want to bring the whole camp down on us."
(21:07:05) D_M: Vargas thinks above the box. I love it.
(21:08:21) D_M: Magnus, that is an excellent idea. Roll Wisdom to assist yourself. Brrk, meanwhile, ventures timidly toward the body of Ibram, as if it might jump up and punch her at any moment. Is it possible? The reality of the moment is finally sinking into her goblin brain. Can the Dragon King be... dead?
(21:08:22) Acadia: "Not as quiet as little mouse, but he'll be careful."
(21:09:27) Magnus_: ,roll 1d20+5
(21:09:27) Clockwork: Magnus_: 15:10+5
(21:09:48) D_M: Amidst the starts above the camp there is a momentary flash, like a blue-white scrap of aurora borealis stardust when goes to tatters and then dissipates on the night breeze. Vargas feels the fresh air snap into existence around him and that familiar sensation of his stomach leaping into his throat as he begins to fall.
(21:10:07) D_M: And then his falling becomes flying as he inverts himself and nose-dives toward the tent city.
(21:10:28) D_M: Actually, Magnus, it occurs to me that you have the time to take 20 on this, don't you?
(21:10:34) D_M: Which would give you a 25.
(21:10:39) Magnus_: Aye
(21:11:07) D_M: Serribon nods to Acadia. "Do it. Bear. Now. Stay in the shadows until I take down the guard, though."
(21:12:17) Vargas: (hmm, let's say the magic phone tent is tent #1, and sleep tent is #2)
(21:12:21) Vargas: ,roll 1d2
(21:12:21) Clockwork: Vargas: 2
(21:12:28) Vargas: (heads to sleep tent first)
(21:12:33) D_M: Vargas, GUPC.
(21:12:40) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(21:12:41) Clockwork: Vargas, (perc): 37:20+17
(21:12:41) ***Acadia bows up into the form of a large grizzly bear.
(21:12:48) Magnus_: (no one likes a phone call at 3 am, not even Faisal)
(21:13:11) D_M: Serribon is already moving, across the street, staying quiet in the shadows. He quickly vanishes from your sight, Acadia.
(21:13:17) Vargas: (He's gonna get a 3 am case of Caiman Kings, and that's infinitely worse)
(21:13:42) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12 perc to scent Faisal.
(21:13:43) Clockwork: Acadia, perc to scent Faisal.: 15:3+12
(21:14:04) Acadia: (Why, dice bot?)
(21:14:48) D_M: Vargas, you swoop toward the tent where Faisal sleeps. Your adrenaline is really kicking, your mind in full psychetachia. Every detail stands out starkly. Or maybe you're just high on something. You can see the tent, the other tents around it, the roving patrol a little ways east, moving away. Another on a parallel path to the south.
(21:15:33) D_M: You can see the guard outside Faisal's tent flap, keeping watch. You can see the huge bear lurking between the two tents just across the path from him, of which he is apparently still unaware. You are inbound at the best pace Overland Flight has to offer.
(21:16:45) D_M: Just as you arrive overtop the bear, you see Serribon come out of the shadows from the left side of Faisal's tent. Acadia, you see it too. He must have gotten all the way around the back and come down the other side to take the guard from the other direction. He moves like a wolf, in an overpowering, tackling burst of speed, going for the grapple.
(21:17:00) D_M: Acadia, you see Serribon merge with the guard at the tent flap. Go.
(21:17:32) D_M: Magnus, as you reflect on what has happened, you begin to piece it together.
(21:18:08) ***Acadia proceeds to the tent, as quickly as possible while staying somewhat quiet.
(21:18:27) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+7 stealthy approach
(21:18:28) Clockwork: Acadia, stealthy approach: 21:14+7
(21:18:46) D_M: Acadia, you are able to cross the street in a couple of bounds. Do you try to go into the tent, or help Serribon with the guard?
(21:19:11) Vargas: (Serribon can take the guard)
(21:19:29) Acadia: Into the tent to find Faisal.
(21:19:40) Vargas: (I miss our battle bard. Bill, no tunes?)
(21:19:54) D_M: The demon, Caleb, Calvan--whatever its name: you realize now that it told you what you wanted to hear. Frustrated with your perpetual search for your place, he offered you a place. Desperate for meaning, he offered you meaning. Exhausted with your search for identity, he offered you an easy way to have an identity, and be rid of identity, all at once.
(21:20:36) D_M: Acadia, you trundle right over Serribon and burst through the tent flap, tearing it to shreds as you enter. GUPC.
(21:20:53) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(21:20:54) Clockwork: Acadia: 31:19+12
(21:21:57) D_M: It offered you martyrdom, Magnus, and so help you, in your arrogance, you wanted to be a martyr. So accustomed to pain, a part of you believes that in absorbing pain lies your worth, and Caleb used that to seduce you.
(21:22:41) D_M: Faisal is coming out of his sleep and out of his bunk, doing a kind of flailing backstroke like a man who has just been dropped into a pool. A look of shock is on his face, but you can have him. Grapple?
(21:22:52) Soggylord: (A moment, I have to figure out what kind of brawl this is)
(21:23:04) Acadia: Grapple!
(21:23:11) Acadia: (Give me one moment to roll, please)
(21:23:11) D_M: Roll it.
(21:23:24) Vargas: (It just occured to me how appropriate it is for you to be Soggylord tonight. Ibram is now quite soggy.)
(21:23:44) Soggylord: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YcMIxADAao&list=PLD374038D7120B266&index=2
(21:24:57) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+17
(21:24:58) Clockwork: Acadia: 24:7+17
(21:25:17) D_M: Vargas, just as you come over the bear and watch Serribon take down the guard, the bear explodes out from under you in a quiet burst of power. It outpaces you and is across the street in two bounds, over Serribon, and into the tent like a rolling boulder.
(21:25:52) D_M: Acadia, you have him, though he's squirmy and it's not a clean grab. You get him with a couple of claws and try to pin him down.
(21:26:01) D_M: Vargas, it's a move action to get into the tent.
(21:27:11) ***Vargas dives in, and commands "Serribon, into the tent!"
(21:27:26) D_M: Magnus, you realize that Caleb played you like a fiddle. Was anything it said true? You are so accustomed to rituals, to pacts and promises, to bargains. You know the arrogance of such things, but even so you fell for them. That is how mortals have always related to those beyond, yes? Always trying to buy another day of survival?
(21:27:28) Vargas: (Once inside, hold action to cast sleet storm outside the tent)
(21:27:43) Vargas: (I want Serribon inside before I block others out)
(21:28:07) D_M: Serribon slits the guard's throat at long last and begins dragging him inside. Faisal begins to scream.
(21:28:16) D_M: ,roll 1d20+6
(21:28:17) Clockwork: D_M: 16:10+6
(21:28:29) D_M: He struggles futilely against the bear on top of him.
(21:28:43) Vargas: (or, wait. I dunno. I won't sleet storm until I see a reaction from outside.)
(21:28:57) ***Vargas commands, [Get him unconscious.]
(21:29:29) D_M: Acadia, you are controlling grappler. Roll for or to do damage. You can do non-lethal damage if you just want to knock him out. Faisal hollers bloody murder. Vargas, you can hear cries of response arising in the distance.
(21:29:40) D_M: People about the camp are beginning to realize that something is really amiss.
(21:29:46) Magnus_ left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(21:29:59) Acadia: Non-lethal damage.
(21:30:14) D_M: Roll grapple.
(21:30:21) D_M: If grapple succeeds, roll one claw or bite.
(21:30:24) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+17
(21:30:24) Clockwork: Acadia: 20:3+17
(21:30:39) Acadia: I can AP if necessary
(21:30:58) D_M: Again, barely succeeds.
(21:31:00) D_M: Roll damage.
(21:31:46) D_M: Serribon finishes dragging the guard's body inside. Vargas, you're sure that roving patrol to the east has probably about-faced and is coming your way.
(21:32:06) D_M: Serribon looks up at Vargas. "The bowl and the ring-gate are in the other tent," he says as forcefully as he can whisper.
(21:32:18) D_M: Acadia, damage roll for one claw or bite.
(21:32:25) Acadia: ,roll 1d6+7
(21:32:26) Clockwork: Acadia: 9:2+7
(21:32:44) D_M: Vargas, you can see the path outside through the tattered remnants of the front flap. You can hear people coming.
(21:32:45) ***Vargas looks at the guard closely. He pulls out a scroll of silent image, and will create an image of the guard at his post.
(21:33:13) D_M: Faisal's cries go strangled as Acadia bites down on his throat. He continues to struggle as he chokes.
(21:33:14) ***Vargas creates a very concerned looking guard. It's night, and he's hoping that will help the illusion.
(21:33:58) ***Vargas nods at Serribon.
(21:34:09) Vargas: (How far is the other tent from here?)
(21:34:35) D_M: Vargas, clarification: You've got a front tent flap that has been partially torn, and the not-inaudible struggle between a man and a bear going on in here. The guard illusion might do something, but I want to make sure you fully understand your scenario.
(21:34:49) Vargas: (oh, okay. I understand now.)
(21:34:52) D_M: ,roll 1d20+6
(21:34:53) Clockwork: D_M: 11:5+6
(21:35:02) D_M: Again, Faisal fails in his struggles.
(21:35:06) D_M: Roll grapple, Acadia.
(21:35:23) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+17
(21:35:24) Clockwork: Acadia: 36:19+17
(21:35:48) Vargas: (question, are there any landmarks to which I could draw attention to get the patrol to divert to before they return?)
(21:37:20) D_M: Magnus, was anything it said true? If all bargains are arrogance--if Caleb could play on every fiber of you so well, then what is left for man against such a monster as this? You are powerless. To merely expose yourself to it is folly--just as it said. Perhaps that was the one true thing it told you, that that is the demon's curse, to be by nature corruptive.
(21:38:41) D_M: Vargas, you're in a small tent city. Very little but the immediate adjacent tents are visible from your current vantage. I would need to know more precisely what you're asking for.
(21:38:47) D_M: Acadia, you have him and can roll damage again.
(21:39:08) Vargas: (Okay, I know what I'll try.)
(21:39:14) D_M: Oh, V.
(21:39:19) Acadia: ,roll 1d6+7
(21:39:20) Clockwork: Acadia: 11:4+7
(21:39:31) D_M: The other tent, with the toys in it, is only a hundred feet or so from here. You know its exact location.
(21:40:33) ***Vargas draws his rod of extended magic, and cast Sleet Storm. (so it doesn't fill out tent, but blocks a ton of space outside. 22 round duration)
(21:40:35) D_M: Or, Magnus, is that just what it wants you to think? Thinking back, there was no sense of tragedy in the mind that held you captive. Only malice. Perhaps to think of it as tragic is just another way of falling under its spell. Caleb's spell of twisted logic and sympathy.
(21:40:55) Vargas: (When Faisal is unconscious, we're going to Dimension Door into that tent. Loot. Then teleport to Akor.)
(21:41:07) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sleet-storm
(21:42:14) D_M: A great wind kicks up outside, pulling at the ragged tent flap, and then visibility is torn away by sudden walls of ice and rain. Faisal continues to struggle and choke and squirm. The fight drags on. Seconds pass, seeming like minutes.
(21:42:19) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(21:42:20) Clockwork: D_M: 7
(21:42:31) D_M: Acadia, you are a bear. Continue to grapple.
(21:42:38) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+17
(21:42:38) Clockwork: Acadia: 35:18+17
(21:43:00) Vargas: "Serribon, help knock him out! Quickly!"
(21:43:11) ***Acadia will continue as I am until given direct orders by V or Serri.
(21:44:18) D_M: That is when you realize, Magnus, that you accomplished absolutely nothing. This is a creature of pure rapacious hunger. It took every part of you, every good instinct, and ate it. Turned every good motivation inside you into something it could use to get you to do what you would never do in your right mind. You turned your back on your faith. You committed the very acts of arrogance Pharasma has warned you against moments earlier.
(21:44:41) D_M: You faced the demon, Magnus, and you were... nothing. An easy meal.
(21:44:56) D_M: Roll damage, Acadia.
(21:45:06) Acadia: ,roll 1d6+7
(21:45:06) Clockwork: Acadia: 10:3+7
(21:45:16) D_M: "Acadia," says Serribon, "pin him!"
(21:45:26) D_M: ,roll 1d20+6
(21:45:26) Clockwork: D_M: 17:11+6
(21:45:32) D_M: Faisal's struggles remain futile.
(21:45:37) D_M: Acadia, roll grapple to pin.
(21:45:50) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+17
(21:45:50) Clockwork: Acadia: 21:4+17
(21:45:55) D_M: Success.
(21:45:59) Acadia: Phew.
(21:46:14) D_M: Vargas, your sleet storm has raised a new chorus of cries and alarm outside. Bells are ringing somewhere.
(21:46:45) D_M: Acadia, you pin Faisal, and Serribon steps up and, with the back end of Power Violence, takes a cricket-master's stroke at Faisal's brain-case.
(21:46:54) D_M: He goes instantly limp and woozy.
(21:47:01) Nacho [Mibbit@ppp-70-247-174-122.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net] entered the room.
(21:47:05) D_M: "Vargas, now," says Serri.
(21:47:20) Nacho is now known as Magnus_
(21:47:23) ***Vargas tries to keep calm. The seconds are an eternity. He moves over to Serribon, Faisal, and Acadia. "Azakadahm." Dimension Door.
(21:50:13) Vargas: (To the phone tent)
(21:51:12) D_M: The two tents slam into one another like diverging freight trains, and then separate like a star imploding.
(21:51:24) D_M: You are in the phone tent. The box and bowl are on the counter. Vargas, Acadia, GUPC.
(21:51:34) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(21:51:35) Clockwork: Vargas: 23:6+17
(21:51:37) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(21:51:37) Clockwork: Acadia: 28:16+12
(21:52:28) D_M: Acadia, next to the bowl is a pitcher which contains what smells like water... with something. Scented water of some kind. You recognize the scent as that of the liquid which was splashed over you when Faisal spilled the bowl last night.
(21:53:12) Soggylord: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=K7o7-5Qh5Vs&NR=1
(21:53:34) ***Acadia sniffs the bowl and tries to get V's attention. I don't want to shift back to Acadia yet.
(21:53:46) ***Magnus_ gets a glare in his eye as he realizes this. "You are nothing but pathetic, Caleb." He says, "I pity you."
(21:53:54) D_M: Vargas, Acadia snuffles and snaps at the pitcher.
(21:54:21) ***Vargas is having flashbacks. They are flashbacks to what they used to call the circle of distraction. It was one of the key tests for achieving wizard status in the White Ravens. The goal was to maintain a cantrip while people came into the room and spoke to you. Some cursed at you. Some teased you. Some told secrets. But to pass, you could not drop the spell.
(21:54:37) ***Vargas looks at the pitcher.
(21:55:43) ***Magnus_ feels at his bindings that are behind his back.
(21:56:10) D_M: Magnus, your words ring hollow, even to you. You want so badly to make Caleb the villain here, and he surely is, but in the end, when you faced him, your best was... not even futile. Your best was just a dance to Caleb's tune. You did exactly according to his whim. He used you, tormented your friends, killed Ibram, and then tossed you aside like a dead rat.
(21:57:11) D_M: All of your rage, you realize, is impotent. It's nothing to Caleb. You are utterly powerless, and now you are literally powerless. He didn't even have to strip Pharasma from you. You tossed it away yourself, with but a few sweet words from the demon.
(21:58:01) Magnus_: *but they aren't completely hollow, evil knows of no compassion, love, honor, friends...that is all the reason to pity it.*
(21:58:18) Acadia: (potty break, brb)
(21:58:36) D_M: Vargas, the pitcher contains a fluid that is water-based but clearly a solution of some sort.
(21:59:12) ***Vargas casts Detect Magic.
(21:59:25) ***Magnus_ glances to see if Brrk is in the room.
(21:59:57) D_M: And what good is your pity, Magnus, you ask yourself? Caleb goes on, and you... you are clearly nothing more to him than a toy.
(22:00:24) D_M: Brrk is staring at Ibram's lifeless corpse.
(22:01:36) Acadia: (back)
(22:02:24) D_M: Vargas, the pitcher's contents are magical, containing elements of messaging magic.
(22:02:53) Vargas: "Serribon, grab whatever you determine is valuable."
(22:03:04) ***Vargas grabs the bowl, and the pitcher. "This will be handy."
(22:04:25) Magnus_: :leaves his bonds be. "Brrk."
(22:04:37) Vargas: (Anything else that looks useful before we teleport out?)
(22:05:05) D_M: Brrk snaps out of it and looks at Magnus. She surveys his bonds and her look turns to one of hate. "You... did this! You kill him!"
(22:05:18) D_M: We will assume that you grab everything that looks good, Vargas.
(22:05:46) ***Vargas will try to calm himself once more, and teleport the party back to his room in Akor.
(22:06:25) Magnus_: "I did, but not of my own will...Do you know of the temple Wee Jas?"
(22:06:41) D_M: "Wee Jas...?" she looks utterly confused.
(22:10:11) Magnus_: "They can help bring the Dragon King back. When Pointy Hat comes back with the others, you need to make sure that he takes Dragon King to the temple. There they will find a priest named Damaras. He can bring the king back." Magnus tells her the street and address, "The servents will help them if needed."
(22:12:05) D_M: "Where you going?" says Brrk, getting suspicious. "You stay! Hat-Father tied you up! You stay!" says Brrk, drawing her dagger.
(22:12:24) Magnus_: "I am not going anywhere."
(22:14:28) D_M: "Oh," says Brrk, lowering her knife. Just then, with a much more gentle thump, Vargas et alia appear in the room.
(22:14:50) ***Vargas drops to his knees, and barfs.
(22:15:12) ***Acadia becomes gnome again, and take Petite from Serribon.
(22:15:38) Acadia: "What, now?" She eyes Magnus.
(22:16:04) D_M: "Vargas, do you have one more teleport in you?"
(22:16:07) D_M: Asks Serribon.
(22:16:16) D_M: "Or, two, I guess?"
(22:16:20) Vargas: "Ungh. Too many teleports." He wipes off his chin. "Two."
(22:16:30) Magnus_: "Wee Jas, damnit, and hurry before it is too late. I almost took off without you."
(22:16:37) D_M: Serribon purses his lips. "We could really use a share of that treasure."
(22:17:06) Vargas: (Raise Dead time limit is days per character level, I think?)
(22:17:26) D_M: Correct. Though Magnus is understandably anxious to see his deed reversed.
(22:17:27) Magnus_: (Would you rather wait that long?)
(22:18:13) Vargas: (Ibram's body won't rot. The chaos in the camp will not last that long.)
(22:18:51) Vargas: "Okay. Okay. I had an invisibility sphere prepped for today. Guess we'll use it for something different."
(22:19:23) Vargas: "Magnus, it's going to be okay. We will raise Ibram in the morning. I know the rules. The Queen of Elves taught me them once."
(22:19:28) D_M: "The camp is going to be in an uproar," says Serribon, "but after this, they're going to either be fighting over that treasure or locking it down. We'd better get our sack-full while we can."
(22:20:03) Vargas: "Okay, unload all of our magical bags. All of them."
(22:20:35) Magnus_: "Empty my bag then, but do it in my room if you please."
(22:20:44) Vargas: "Acadia, will you stay guard this time? Brrk, we're going to need your special looting talents."
(22:21:32) ***Acadia nods, glad not to return to the camp.
(22:21:39) ***Vargas unloads so much stuff out of the party Bag of Holding and his backpack. Goodness, he's like a hyper organized packrat.
(22:22:21) Vargas: (Does Ibram have a haversack?)
(22:22:28) Vargas: (Or anybody else?)
(22:22:28) D_M: It all comes piling out, and Brrk is happy not to be in charge of everything again.
(22:22:37) D_M: Yes, you can muster a couple of haversacks as well.
(22:23:29) Vargas: "Okay, stay within 10' of me."
(22:23:40) ***Vargas uses a pearl of power to restore his feather fall spell.
(22:24:17) Vargas: "Brrk, we're going to teleport and drop out of the sky. Hold on to Serribon, and don't scream."
(22:25:27) D_M: Brrk goes wide-eyed as Serribon grabs her up.
(22:25:32) D_M: She grits her teeth.
(22:25:34) ***Vargas casts invisibility sphere, and teleports them into the sky.
(22:25:46) D_M: Your basic plan, V?
(22:25:51) D_M: Acadia!
(22:25:56) D_M: And Magnus.
(22:26:19) Vargas: (drop while invis, move toward the gold staging area. Keep our wand of invis handy.)
(22:27:04) Magnus_: Magnus is tied up...he's not going anywhere at the moment.
(22:27:04) ***Acadia sits cross-legged on V's bed, and looks around the room. Her eyes pass over Ibram's body, lingering for a moment, and then come to settle on Magnus. "What did you do?"
(22:27:46) Magnus_: "Something I shouldn't have."
(22:28:06) Vargas: (Acadia, you might want to strip Faisal, and tie him up)
(22:28:20) D_M: Just then, Acadia, the door opens, and three servant ladies come in with hot water buckets, clean towels, soap, and whatever first-aid supplies they had on hand.
(22:28:23) Acadia: (Oh indeed! I almost forgot he was there.)
(22:29:16) Vargas: (There also happens to be 30 lbs of cold iron chain in the pile, complete with some manacles)
(22:29:20) Vargas: (Long story)
(22:29:21) D_M: "Oh dear, oh dear! What has happened to Master Magnus! What has he done to put him in bindings like this, and all battered and bruised. What are we to do? Should we untie him--oh, Master Ibram! Oh dear!"
(22:29:25) ***Acadia looks at them with some concern, and then goes about handling Faisal. "I need to tie him up."
(22:30:04) D_M: Roger, Vargas. You are able to drop in on the gold area without too much trouble. It has guards about its perimeter.
(22:30:24) Acadia: "No, don't untie him. I need to tie up that guy." *points at Faisal*
(22:30:50) ***Vargas whispers to Brrk, "Lead us to the best carts, okay? The ones we can loot without disturbing the perimeter."
(22:32:04) Magnus_: "Aid Ibram and Acadia, ladies. Do as Acadia says."
(22:32:14) D_M: "Gems, master!" says Brrk quietly. "Always find the gems first!"
(22:32:37) ***Vargas nods to Brrk.
(22:33:17) Vargas: (okay, we've got 10 minutes on this sphere. And 16 charges of 3 minutes invis in this wand.)
(22:33:18) D_M: The servant women are wholly unused to the process of binding a prisoner, but you are able to walk them through the basics. Faisal is already coming to his senses, but you get him tied up in short order.
(22:33:42) ***Magnus_ eyes the window as the ladies work.
(22:33:53) Acadia: Once they have Faisal detained, Acadia turns toward the maids. "What were you going to do?"
(22:34:11) Vargas: (One of the ladies might know how to bind, but she'd never admit it. =P)
(22:34:28) Acadia: (lol)
(22:34:29) D_M: Vargas, to get any serious looting done, you're going to be better off with two minutes of concentrated, noisy shoveling, it looks like. You can go for the best gem-density in the carts, but then you have to just open your bag and start piling it in. You'll need a distraction.
(22:34:53) D_M: Something near and severe enough to make the guards look away from you.
(22:35:54) D_M: Pyrotechnics, fantasms, whatever ya go.
(22:35:56) D_M: got.
(22:36:05) Vargas: (I got some. Verifying)
(22:36:08) Acadia: While they are tending to Ibram, Acadia looks at Faisal, "Don't move and don't speak. We'll get to you."
(22:37:03) Vargas: (oh man, okay, this should be a little fun)
(22:37:39) ***Magnus_ while the others are a bit detained, the large man flexes his muscles quietly and begins to pull his wrists apart.
(22:37:46) Vargas: (I will summon 1d4+1 small fire elementals with (11+4 round duration, and cast haste on them)
(22:37:51) D_M: All at once, now, Magnus. STR check.
(22:38:00) Vargas: (And then have them light up some tents)
(22:38:41) Magnus_: ,roll 1d20+3
(22:38:41) Clockwork: Magnus_: 14:11+3
(22:38:41) Vargas: (oh, I also have a scroll of pyrotechnics. Sweet)
(22:38:43) D_M: You are in the industrial portion of the dig site, near the dig itself, so the tents around here are equipment tents and such. The nearest and best thing to do is to have them mount an assault on the gold-guards themselves. Make it look like someone's going for the gold from the outside.
(22:38:55) D_M: roll 1d4.
(22:39:03) D_M: Magnus, you'll need an AP.
(22:39:10) Magnus_: ,roll 1d4
(22:39:10) Clockwork: Magnus_: 1
(22:39:18) D_M: No, 1d6 for you, Magnus.
(22:39:24) D_M: 1d4+1 for Vargsa.
(22:39:38) Magnus_: ,roll 1d6
(22:39:39) Clockwork: Magnus_: 2
(22:39:49) Vargas: ,roll 1d4+1
(22:39:49) Clockwork: Vargas: 4:3+1
(22:40:23) ***Vargas will instruct the small hasted fire elementals to attack the guards, but not to harm them (too bad) and withdraw and burninate as they retreat.
(22:40:52) Magnus_: (I'll spend an AP)
(22:41:30) ***Vargas will use a scroll of http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/pyrotechnics to do a blinding light explosion on a fire made by the elementals as they withdraw.
(22:43:43) D_M: Vargas, you call down a squad of fire elementals with some pyrotechnics in the mix, and quickly have the gold guards distracted long enough for some rapid three-man shoveling action.
(22:44:11) D_M: Magnus, you feel the bonds give, but they do not break. Acadia, roll GUPC.
(22:44:32) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(22:44:32) Clockwork: Acadia: 26:14+12
(22:44:45) D_M: Magnus, roll bluff (CHA)
(22:45:14) Magnus_: ,roll 1d20
(22:45:14) Clockwork: Magnus_: 9
(22:45:24) Magnus_: (no good anyway..I can't beat a 26)
(22:45:32) D_M: Acadia, Magnus is up to something suspicious. Possibly trying to get himself untied.
(22:45:42) D_M: (different rolls vs different things.)
(22:46:02) D_M: Vargas, you and Serribon and Brrk shovel treasure like mad adventurers.
(22:46:07) D_M: In a hurry.
(22:46:11) Vargas: (Just like the old days!)
(22:46:33) Vargas: (oh, hey, check this out)
(22:46:47) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+15 (appraisal to find the best loots as I shovel)
(22:46:47) Clockwork: Vargas, (appraisal to find the best loots as I shovel): 27:12+15
(22:46:58) ***Acadia turns toward Magnus, as Petite approaches the giant. "If you move, I will have Petite eat your head. You will wait for the wizard."
(22:47:05) ***Magnus_ watches her and puts preasure on his bonds again.
(22:47:10) D_M: You and Brrk are able to improve your wealth density.
(22:47:38) Magnus_: "He best hurry then." He eyes petite.
(22:48:11) Acadia: Petite hisses.
(22:48:35) Acadia: "What did you do, orc?"
(22:49:35) D_M: What size is Petite right now? Medium?
(22:50:12) Acadia: Yep.
(22:52:40) ***Magnus_ glowers at her, "Would you understand?"
(22:52:49) D_M: How many d6s in an action point these days? Two?
(22:53:03) Vargas: (Just 1. You just get to roll 2, and take the highter)
(22:53:09) D_M: (That's what i meant.)
(22:53:20) Vargas: (We aren't in 3 territory yet)
(22:55:10) Magnus_: ,roll 1d20+3
(22:55:10) Clockwork: Magnus_: 11:8+3
(22:55:16) Magnus_: ,roll 1d6
(22:55:17) Clockwork: Magnus_: 5
(22:55:32) Magnus_: I won't waste the next one.
(22:55:35) ***Acadia is taken aback slightly. "I don't know. You all mess with things, things that are beyond nature, and you pretend to understand them. Maybe I can't understand it, but at least I don't fool myself."
(22:55:39) D_M: Again, Magnus struggles at his bonds, but again, he just doesn't have enough strength.
(22:56:04) D_M: His great muscles flex and bulge for a moment, but the ropes hold, and Serribon's knot-work is solid.
(22:56:29) D_M: It appears you are well and truly stuck, Magnus.
(22:57:49) ***Acadia casts animal growth on Petite, and the now giant alligator positions himself atop the orc.
(22:57:59) Magnus_: "We are all a part of it, Acadia. Traveling and doing what we do in this group...You're name isn't hidden from the demon that stalks Vargas and the others. Do not fall prey to him as I did...Promise me that."
(22:59:34) D_M: Finally, at long long last, Vargas and Brrk and Serribon return with the haul.
(22:59:47) Magnus_: "And incidentally....don't. ever. call. me. ORC. again." He glances up at the huge animal on top of him.
(23:00:01) D_M: Pop. Vargas and team appear.
(23:00:27) Acadia: "Demon?" The word comes out strangely in Acadia's lazy accent. It is obviously a word that she is not familiar with. "What is it? How can you protect yourself from something that can't be seen, or smelled, or touched?!"
(23:01:08) D_M: these questions will have to be addressed later, Acadia, because everyone's home, and it's time to get to work!
(23:01:23) ***Acadia looks at V angrily, still thinking about the demon threat.
(23:01:28) ***Vargas would retch, but he already threw up. In fact he's standing in it. "Loot pile in the great room, too much stuff here already."
(23:01:47) Vargas: "Suza, please make some tea and wine."
(23:02:19) D_M: "All right," says Serribon, "come on, Brrk. Acadia. Help me with this. Vargas, don't take too long. We need to get Ibram back to us and get on the move. The alarm's going to go out to the Kervics that we're moving against them."
(23:03:17) Vargas: "I know. I know. Wait, I wonder..."
(23:03:41) Acadia: "Me follows Serribon, turning to V as she goes. "Watch him," she points to Magnus, "he's been trying to get loose."
(23:03:45) ***Vargas studies the bowl and the messaging pitcher again. .oO(Could I message milfel with this?)
(23:03:49) ***Magnus_ glances from Acadia to her pet and then at the other three. "Couldn't agree more," he says with a bit of an angry undertone.
(23:04:38) D_M: Vargas, you'll have to study it to see how it works. That'll take time, and more time to redirect it. There's a risk that right now, if you just poured a bowl, you'd end up placing a call to Brother Kervic.
(23:05:03) Magnus_: "Stick to the plan, Vargas..after you bring Ibram back. Don't let the Sil contacts slip away."
(23:05:14) ***Vargas nods to Magnus. "Right."
(23:05:39) Vargas: "Where is Lee? I need a message delivered."
(23:06:02) Magnus_: "And please get Petite off me."
(23:06:05) D_M: Serribon pauses at the door with a portion of the treasure. "What ARE we going to do with Magnus? Either he's still Caleb's puppet, and we need to secure him properly, or he's not, in which case he might still be of some use to us."
(23:06:25) D_M: If Lee is a servant, then Lee can be summoned.
(23:06:29) D_M: And sent.
(23:06:31) D_M: Say message.
(23:07:16) ***Acadia cocks an eyebrow at Magnus.
(23:07:52) Vargas: "Lee, go to the temple of Wee Jas. Tell them that we humbly request a meeting with a high priest for a resurrection. If no one is there, find a way to leave a message. This meeting must be done with haste, as soon as they can."
(23:08:21) Magnus_: "Seek Duramas."
(23:08:45) ***Vargas grabs a gemstone that would be used for a restoration. "Here is a down payment to prove we are serious."
(23:08:55) Magnus_: "And make note that Magnus wishes to speak with him at some point, please."
(23:09:07) Vargas: "Yes, agreed."
(23:09:18) D_M: Lee looks from Magnus to Vargas, nods, and runs.
(23:10:12) ***Vargas answers Serribon, "I'm not sure there is much of a difference. Caleb is always a threat. I will watch Magnus, but... we'll figure it out as we go."
(23:10:14) Acadia: Petite will remain resting upon Magnus until V or Serri tell him otherwise.
(23:10:25) Vargas: "One moment, Magnus."
(23:11:01) ***Vargas casts Detect Magic, and searches Magnus for some sign, any sign of enchantment, or illusion, or necromancy. Anything like what he saw with Serribon.
(23:12:10) D_M: Nothing, Vargas. As far as you can tell, Magnus was legitimately released by the demon--though you know that the aftermath of contact with Caleb can have subtle effects.
(23:12:41) ***Vargas taps Petite. "Please move, my friend."
(23:12:58) ***Magnus_ glowers at the crocodile.
(23:13:34) Acadia: Petite moves lazily away.
(23:15:16) ***Vargas is so deeply tired. After combat, soldiers often experience a period of deep drowsiness after the adrenaline withdraws. "Oh, Magnus. I am so, so sorry. I tried to warn you, and I failed."
(23:17:06) Magnus_: "Arrogance starts it all, Vargas. I only hope I can contact my queen once more." He looks at the man, "And that I can renew this groups faith in me."
(23:17:44) ***Magnus_ watches the tired man, "Rest. I will try not to escape....though I could use a new pair of boots."
(23:18:01) Magnus_: *will not try
(23:18:23) ***Vargas looks at Magnus' boots.
(23:19:08) ***Magnus_ looks at Petite casually. "Sorry ol'girl...I'm cranky."
(23:19:42) Vargas: "Oh. Really? Jokes now? Gott, you're as bad as Ibram."
(23:19:55) D_M: Vargas, sense motive.
(23:20:02) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(23:20:02) Clockwork: Vargas: 34:17+17
(23:20:26) Acadia: Petite huffs. Potentially offended either by the threat of making him into boots, or by calling him a girl.
(23:20:27) D_M: Vargas, you realize that you almost never hear Magnus make jokes of that sort. Jokes about violence.
(23:20:54) ***Vargas remembers Serribon's sense of humor while his was possessed.
(23:21:04) D_M: You consider it, but no...
(23:21:13) D_M: ...this is not possession... this is Magnus angry.
(23:21:26) D_M: You've never seen him really angry, before. He's working to contain it. Jokes are a mechanism.
(23:22:02) Magnus_: (like he goes around checking under crocodiles to see if they are boys or girls. :) )
(23:22:46) ***Vargas sits down on his bed watching Magnus. He removes his hat, and tosses it on his pillow.
(23:23:58) D_M: All right, for the record, I'm not going to try to push the story any further tonight. Y'all are free to play out the night, and I will do the meetings with the priests either tonight or in twixes this week when you are ready.
(23:24:01) Acadia: ( :P )
(23:24:13) D_M: I keep saying tonight is the night, we're going to get there, and then people keep doing things like getting themselves possessed by Caleb.
(23:24:36) ***Magnus_ watches him back, starting to look a bit drained as well. "You were right."
(23:25:16) ***Magnus_ eyes the croc once more, "Just so you know."
(23:27:25) Soggylord: you kilt me
(23:27:27) Soggylord: DICKS
(23:27:40) Acadia: lol. Poor Ibram! Didn't even have a chance.
(23:28:22) Vargas: "I take no pride in being right. Not this time. Not at this cost. Will you tell me what happened in the morning? Not right now. We all need rest. But, if you can, I'd like you to tell me what happened in the morning. Once Ibram is restored, and maybe once we've interrogated Faisal. Then, I guess we'll see what our options are."
(23:28:36) D_M: Well, technically he had a compound chance, but Vargas had to not utterly fail his reflex check.
(23:29:07) Acadia: Ah well. Poor Ibram, he had a chance and it failed utterly.
(23:29:27) Vargas: Dicebot screwed me over on like 5 rolls in a row.
(23:29:32) Vargas: It wanted blood.
(23:29:33) Magnus_: "I need to speak to Duramas first. No offense. Then I will speak with you, my friend."
(23:30:04) Acadia: I feel you, G.
(23:30:27) Rivet_ [~azathoth@74.197.128.127] entered the room.
(23:30:38) Vargas: Hey Rivet. You missed some fun.
(23:30:48) ***D_M giggles uncontrollablly.
(23:30:52) Vargas: Magnus got himself possessed by Caleb, and killed Ibram.
(23:31:01) Rivet_: uh-huh
(23:31:05) Magnus_: And got sat on by a croc
(23:31:33) Magnus_: Which is better than being shat on
(23:31:39) Vargas: Or killed.
(23:31:40) D_M: The man is wise.
(23:32:10) Vargas: V failed like 5 rolls in a row, and then Ibby dies in the first five minutes of the game.
(23:32:17) Soggylord: I went off and watched aniem
(23:32:18) Vargas: Failtastic.
(23:32:28) Vargas: I am so sorry Bill
(23:32:36) Soggylord: Ibram didn't even WAKE UP
(23:32:40) Soggylord: he got coup de graced
(23:32:42) Soggylord: literally the worst
(23:32:45) Acadia: lol. Oh my goodness it was so sad.
(23:33:30) Magnus_: Sorry, Bill. You can kill Magnus next time.
(23:33:44) Magnus_: It'll be like tag.
(23:35:50) Rivet_: The dice gods were punishing you for going ahead without me
(23:36:24) Soggylord: nah
(23:36:31) Soggylord: He'll just get kicked in the nuts
(23:38:06) D_M: Gerhal, can you get Rivet a complete log of both tonight and Magnus's preceeding twix, if you have not already?
(23:38:14) D_M: Otherwise, I can do it.
(23:38:16) Vargas: (I will)
(23:38:19) D_M: Thank you.
(23:41:45) D_M: I take it people are done for tonight?
(23:41:56) D_M: If so, Vargas, I want your plan.
(23:42:00) D_M: For the immediate future.
(23:42:14) ***Vargas will eventually give Magnus to someone else to watch, and close his door for precious sleep. Vargas never sleeps. But this is no ordinary night. He checks on Ibram who rests the eternal sleep, wraps him in a blanket so he'll be warm in his heavenly dreams. Then he falls into bed asleep before he hits the sheets.
(23:42:18) D_M: You want to get Magnus and Ibram to the temple first thing in the morning?
(23:43:42) Vargas: Yes. He's also going to use a Sending to contact Milfel and tell him they've captured Faisal alive. Time to put up or shut up.
(23:43:49) Vargas: And then we interrogate Faisal.
(23:43:58) D_M: Roger.
(23:45:12) D_M: Ibram, Magnus, Gerhal are a quorum for the next twix. If Serri and Acadia can attend, that's a bonus, but if I can get those three this week for twix work, we'll get done everything you're talking about there, V.
(23:45:49) Rivet_: Do you have the whole log of the convo earlier in the week? I only popped in as it was winding down.
(23:46:04) D_M: Which conversation?
(23:46:34) ***Acadia spends the evening withdrawn with Petite. Not sleeping, her mind replays the day's events. She thinks about the violence, the death of Ibram. There is something wrong with the way these people think, and what they do.

21APR13

Clockwork Rivet