26MAY13

[17:43:19] <vargas> Hoi!
[17:48:59] -->| Nacht (Mibbit@ppp-70-247-171-3.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[17:49:54] <d_m> Bill said he's thinking 1830ish for him. And I haven't heard from my sis yet.
[17:50:12] <vargas> Ok.
[17:50:21] <nacht> Wasn't your sister just on messenger
[17:55:17] -->| Sirens (~Adium@ip70-177-60-3.br.br.cox.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[17:55:46] <rivet_> got to reboot. I'll be back
[17:55:56] |<-->
[17:57:03] <nacht> So the new Star Trek was pretty good.
[17:57:39] <vargas> Very good
[17:58:17] <nacht> They followed the past a little too much for me, but overall it was a good one.
[17:59:29] <nacht> And really it wasn't even THAT close
[17:59:34] -->| Rivet_ (~azathoth@r75-110-115-242.rmntcmtc02.rcmtnc.ab.dh.suddenlink.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[17:59:55] <sirens> It made me want to watch the original
[18:00:04] <rivet_> Wazzat?
[18:00:25] <vargas> Rivet, you have one of the fire bows right?
[18:00:33] <nacht> Made me wonder where Setti Alpha 5 was
[18:00:41] <vargas> MW Cold Iron Longsword
[18:00:41] <vargas> MW Cold Iron Warhammer
[18:00:41] <vargas> MW Cold Iron Heavy Mace
[18:00:41] <vargas> MW Cold Iron Dagger
[18:00:41] <vargas> Cold Iron Bolts
[18:00:41] <vargas> MW Crossbow
[18:00:41] <vargas> Cold Iron Arrows
[18:00:48] <vargas> That is what I bought. 20 bolts, 20 arrows.
[18:01:06] <rivet_> I do, yes
[18:01:18] <nacht> oooo...crossbow
[18:01:27] <d_m> Hehehe, Nacht is complaining that they followed the past a little too closely, but didn't.
[18:01:56] <vargas> If you want a crossbow, speak now or hold your peace. I actually got that for V.
[18:01:57] <nacht> Hey, I figure any Trek is good Trek.
[18:02:02] <d_m> I agree.
[18:02:11] <d_m> But outstanding Trek, which this one was, is outstanding.
[18:02:27] <sirens> So, Dad liked it?
[18:02:30] <d_m> Oh yes.
[18:02:33] <d_m> Muchly.
[18:02:35] <nacht> Actually, I could use a crossbow, but if it's for him it's for him. I'd rather have the mace.
[18:02:59] <vargas> We got 3300 gp from Danner. We've got the liquid funds.
[18:03:26] <nacht> I'll take one then.
[18:03:44] <nacht> Takes care of the long range item.
[18:04:09] <sirens> Awesome. The duel was also awesome.
[18:04:37] <d_m> Hahaha.
[18:04:38] <rivet_> if we've got cash to burn, a cold iron kukri would be a treat
[18:05:40] <nacht> I find it interesting that a crossbow is a simple weapon and a bow isn't..I mean...the mechanics versus a simple pulling back of a string should be self explanatory.
[18:05:53] <vargas> Actually it does make sense.
[18:06:00] <vargas> Crossbows replaced bows for that reason.
[18:06:12] <vargas> Bows require an incredible amount of practice.
[18:06:19] <vargas> But crossbows can be used by peasants.
[18:06:20] <sirens> Do I need to have a cold iron weapon with me?
[18:06:30] <rivet_> xbows don't require you to be able to aim and hold steady while also pulling holding the arms in check
[18:06:54] <vargas> You don't have to, Siren. This is just a precaution. We don't know if they will be needed for certain.
[18:06:55] <d_m> They can also be aimed after a fashion, in a way that a traditional bow can not. A self-bow even less.
[18:07:24] <rivet_> Siren might object for personal reasons, since it's anathema to her benefactors
[18:07:37] <d_m> Anathema to fey, he means.
[18:07:49] <vargas> Crossbows also have their own strength score due to being a mechanical weapon. But DnD doesn't really treat it that way.
[18:07:53] <sirens> Right, right. Okay. I figured I'd stick with my magics.
[18:11:37] <nacht> So are they heavy or light crossbows?
[18:11:40] <nacht> V
[18:12:19] <vargas> Yeah. One is crank driven, and the other is by hand.
[18:12:53] <nacht> So one of each?
[18:12:54] <d_m> Vargas, you just answered a multiple choice question with Yes.
[18:13:26] <vargas> Light
[18:13:32] <nacht> Cool
[18:13:48] <d_m> :-P
[18:13:54] <vargas> Both light
[18:15:08] <d_m> Dum de dum. Everyone who's here is here, right, except bill?
[18:15:48] <rivet_> yeah
[18:16:40] <sirens> http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/the-9-funniest-cat-gifs-of-the-week
[18:17:36] <vargas> Here
[18:18:07] <nacht> yup
[18:18:21] <sirens> Also, yes
[18:19:00] <d_m> Everyone got spell lists prepped and stuff?
[18:19:18] <rivet_> think so
[18:19:30] <sirens> yep
[18:20:07] <nacht> yarp
[18:22:34] <d_m> Everyone stretch your fingers and have your sheets at the ready. Likely spells, go ahead and pull them up now, so you can link them quickly.
[18:22:39] <d_m> Special moves, same thing.
[18:23:06] <vargas> (on phone)
[18:25:38] <vargas> (back)
[18:25:49] <d_m> Tick... tick...
[18:25:51] <d_m> Tick...
[18:25:57] <sirens> Ready
[18:26:01] =-= Sirens is now known as Acadia
[18:26:23] =-= Nacht is now known as Magnus_
[18:28:06] =-= Rivet_ is now known as Serribon
[18:30:27] <d_m> Here's hoping. Hoping for Bill...
[18:30:49] <serribon> (Yeah. otherwise, what will we do for a soundtrack?)
[18:30:57] <d_m> Indeed!
[18:31:19] * Vargas says to Serribon and Magnus, "Try not to roll me around too much in there." He smirks.
[18:31:49] * Magnus_ glances at the coffin. "Want some last rights?"
[18:32:08] <serribon> (I swear, I've seen this plan attempted somewhere before. and not just in some Free Enterprise session I don't remember)
[18:32:16] <vargas> "Nah. Save those for the bad guys."
[18:32:21] <magnus_> (Django)
[18:32:27] <magnus_> (The original)
[18:32:39] <vargas> (Gatling Gun in a coffin?)
[18:32:46] <magnus_> (Yes)
[18:32:58] <magnus_> (I showed you that, right?)
[18:33:01] <vargas> (yeah)
[18:33:09] <magnus_> (Badass movie)
[18:33:23] <magnus_> (not as good as The Great Silence though)
[18:33:56] <magnus_> (The only western I have ever seen where they put a "Broomhandle" Mauser to work)
[18:34:39] * Vargas has practiced with the coffin lid for about 30 minutes to make sure he can kick his way out instead of getting stuck.
[18:35:03] * Serribon reminds you to grease the hinges.
[18:36:28] * Magnus_ mutters to Serri, "Got the nails, right?"
[18:37:15] <magnus_> "Just kidding of course, Vargas."
[18:37:41] <vargas> "You better. After I gave you all those babies to eat, I though we had a deal."
[18:38:47] * Magnus_ gives a slight burp, "I never imagined I could cook them in so many different ways. The use of Cumin was something I'm proud of."
[18:38:52] * Acadia clenches and unclenches her hands.
[18:39:28] * Vargas says to Serribon, "I hope Ibram didn't eat brownberries or something."
[18:40:23] * Vargas never speaks of the time he ate the brownberries. Nor the Shit Golem the ogre mage made out of his poop thereafter.
[18:40:26] <vargas> (true story)
[18:40:30] <serribon> "If there is anything equivalent up here, I'm sure he's found them."
[18:41:02] <magnus_> (disturbing...and you didn't even have jay and silent bob there to stop it)
[18:41:15] <serribon> (or a drunken squirrel)
[18:41:52] <magnus_> "More than I need to know."
[18:42:46] * Magnus_ gets out one of the light crossbows and examines it then slips it into his haversack. "Don't mind if I get that one out of your way, do you, Vargas?"
[18:43:14] <vargas> "No, please feel free. And take 20 of those witch iron tipped bolts."
[18:43:51] <acadia> (Brb, dog problems)
[18:44:00] <magnus_> "You won't need the extra ammunition?"
[18:44:42] <vargas> "I have 20 of my own."
[18:44:43] <serribon> "How many arrows and bolts did you acquire? If Caleb really is in possession of Miriam, keeping our distance will probably be a good idea. You've seen how she handles close-up work."
[18:45:27] <vargas> "I bought 20 arrows for you."
[18:45:37] * Magnus_ takes a quiver of the bolts and haversacks it too..
[18:46:02] <vargas> "20 bolt for Magnus, and 20 for myself."
[18:46:13] <solaire> (I'm here)
[18:46:30] <d_m> DUN DUN DUN!
[18:46:33] <magnus_> "Do you think dispel evil would take care of Caleb if he is in Miriam? Or do you think sending him away would send her with him?"
[18:47:07] <d_m> All right, you people!
[18:47:09] <vargas> "I have no idea, Magnus."
[18:47:12] * Magnus_ looks at Serri, "And I have to touch to cast that."
[18:47:14] <d_m> The time has come!
[18:47:40] <d_m> Ibram, hop in costume (after your fashion) and pull up your sheet. Have your combat stats ready.
[18:47:47] * Magnus_ makes sure his platinum rings are in his cloak at hand.
[18:47:55] <vargas> "Just remember to keep it simple. I will cast spells on myself, don my chain shirt, and wrap up in the coffin. Two knocks to come out fighting."
[18:48:25] <acadia> (Back)
[18:48:48] <magnus_> (Welcome back!)
[18:48:53] -->| Ancient (~Ancient@ip98-166-217-172.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[18:48:54] <d_m> We begin.
[18:49:07] =-= Ancient is now known as D__M
[18:49:14] <d_m> (a little backup)
[18:49:34] -->| Clockwork (~Clockwork@c-24-30-63-2.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[18:50:09] <d_m> Your jocularity about the campfire fades, as each of you feels weariness pull you down. You know that you must sleep, for you have one more day of walking ahead of you, and that will bring you to your destination. Thereupon, you must be ready for anything.
[18:50:29] <d_m> Once Ibram returns from his ablutions, you turn in, and you sleep.
[18:52:30] <d_m> So afternoon of the following day finds you in trees. Deciduous trees, green overhead, with a little brown leaf litter underneath. Trunks of patchy gray stand tall about you, and still.
[18:53:29] <d_m> As you descend into the valley, Serribon is still on point, and Ibram right behind him, heavy-gaited, leaving a trail of overturned earth as he makes his way down the slope. Each of you follows in his fashion.
[18:54:15] <d_m> The ground, the footing, holds your attention, but the temple spire you glimpse intermittently through the canopy steals your gaze every now and again.
[18:54:36] <d_m> It's been a long hunt, and this place, one way or another, will likely be the end of it.
[18:55:02] <d_m> You have your plan, and before you come too close to the temple, you put it in motion. The time has come to box up Vargas.
[18:55:46] <magnus_> ,roll d20+14 (religion on the spires and temple architecture)
[18:55:46] <clockwork> Magnus_, (religion on the spires and temple architecture): 18:4+14
[18:56:21] <d_m> Already been done. It is foreign to you, Magnus, since you have not been where these others have been.
[18:57:00] <d_m> (My itunes shuffle algorithm is already kicking off with some somber stuff.)
[18:57:29] * Vargas performs a series of incantations. Magic Circle against Evil. See Invis. Darkvision. Heroism. Stoneskin. And finally, Antimagic Field. He dons a shirt of shining mithril, and then clambers into the coffin. "See you on the other side."
[18:58:30] <magnus_> "Lets hope it's on this plane, my friend."
[18:58:55] <d_m> Ibram and Magnus, you bear the weight of pulling him as you come onto what remains of an ancient path leading to the temple.
[18:59:26] <solaire> <ibram> *grunts heavily*
[19:00:15] <magnus_> "Lets try to not act like it's too heavy, Ibram..otherwise they won't buy that we have an empty coffin for Miriam's body."
[19:00:16] <d_m> Vargas, your world becomes one of absolute blackness until Darkvision adjusts your eyes, and then you see your confinement in black and white and shades of gray. There is little to see but the pine boards inchest above your nose.
[19:00:44] <vargas> (I don't even have darkvision. All my own spells are inactive while in my own field)
[19:00:59] * Acadia will perform Magic Fang, Bull's Str, Cat's Grace, and Animal Growth right before we enter the temple.
[19:01:13] <d_m> Oh, indeed. So your world IS darkness. Roll Wis, Vargas.
[19:01:23] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+1 (wisdom)
[19:01:24] <clockwork> Vargas, (wisdom): 15:14+1
[19:02:35] <d_m> It's an awful feeling, you soon realize, being stuck in this box. In a matter of minutes you begin to wonder if this was not a terrible idea. A mistake. If you have air, if you will be able to get out when you need to, despite the practice. But your mental litanies stand you in good stead, and you are able to control yourself.
[19:03:30] <d_m> Close your eyes. Don't try to see. The box is your choice. It is a place of refuge, you may choose to believe. A place where you can close out the myriad weights of the world and live for a while in a new world of muffled sounds. Focus on the sounds.
[19:04:41] <d_m> They tell their own story. Plodding footsteps. Magnus's heavy boots, and Ibram's faintly metallic armored footwear. The scraping sound of Petite's tail.
[19:05:01] <d_m> You make out a few muffled words amongst your comrades, but soon they cease to speak. Minutes pass.
[19:05:48] <d_m> The pace changes. There is hesitation for a moment, and then your bearers resume. At last they stop.
[19:06:02] <d_m> You hear a heavy knocking, of steel on wood.
[19:06:27] <d_m> The creak of great doors, and then you are moving again.
[19:07:41] <d_m> Something about the non-light inside the coffin changes. Your eyes have adjusted, dilated, reaching for every particle of light they can find, and you realize that some tiny amount of sunlight had filtered through the seams, between the boards of the casket, because that faintest suggestion of light goes away when you are carried indoors.
[19:08:19] <d_m> The sounds of the footsteps bearing you change as well, immediately soft, hard to make out through the box. They must be walking on a rug or carpet.
[19:08:50] <d_m> They continue walking for what seems like forever. What are they seeing? What is the situation? Your tactician's mind aches like your eyes, for input.
[19:09:26] * Vargas sweats while his heart hammers like thunder.
[19:09:52] <d_m> Instinctively you consider looking for magic. The third eye that sees through wooden walls with ease. But no, you shut out the lights on even that sense. You are truly entombed. Man and wizard, you are blind.
[19:10:02] <d_m> They set you down.
[19:10:12] <d_m> GUPC, Vargas.
[19:10:55] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+1 (you see, V's perception ability is almost entirely magical. He's blind in so many ways.)
[19:10:56] <clockwork> Vargas, (you see, V's perception ability is almost entirely magical. He's blind in so many ways.): 4:3+1
[19:11:54] <serribon> (don't encourage the dicebot)
[19:12:58] <d_m> Vargas lies in ignorance inside his box, blind, and effectively deaf as well, as Miriam looks down upon the group and says, "Hello, my friends. You've come at last."
[19:13:05] <d_m> Team, GUPCs of your own.
[19:13:26] <solaire> ,roll d20+
[19:13:28] <solaire> ,roll d20+1
[19:13:29] <clockwork> Solaire: 13:12+1
[19:13:33] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[19:13:33] <clockwork> Serribon: 32:13+19
[19:13:46] <d_m> Magnus and Acadia.
[19:13:55] <solaire> (anime knowledge test http://images.plurk.com/whYo-2D3hC0xTIEeahZe2wlDcAZ.jpg What have I gots on my sword?)
[19:14:00] <serribon> (+4 to detect demonds and sech)
[19:14:05] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16 (GUPC)
[19:14:06] <clockwork> Acadia, (GUPC): 31:15+16
[19:14:10] <d_m> Also, the rest of you, tell me what spells you have up.
[19:14:21] <d_m> (rune mark approved, Bill!)
[19:14:24] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+5
[19:14:25] <clockwork> Magnus_: 15:10+5
[19:14:33] <serribon> None. All of mine have only a few minutes duration
[19:14:41] <magnus_> None for Magnus right now.
[19:14:43] <solaire> (It is a specific reference, I am wondering if anyone catches it)
[19:14:51] <d_m> (Oh, I catch it.)
[19:15:00] <acadia> (Fangs, Bull's, Cat's, Growth)
[19:15:13] <serribon> (I don't. I do not watch many of the animes)
[19:15:26] <acadia> (Oh my, that looks sooo familiar)
[19:15:33] <d_m> This moment has a different impact on each of you.
[19:15:50] <solaire> (I know for a fact you have seen this anime, because Ancient showed it to you)
[19:16:00] <solaire> (It has a pivotal battle in a church no less)
[19:16:08] <serribon> (he may have mentioned it, but I doubt I watched it)
[19:16:27] <magnus_> (That's not X is it?)
[19:16:42] <d_m> Bill and Serribon...
[19:16:49] <vargas> (Shhhh. Don't talk too loud during the cutscene)
[19:17:07] <serribon> (dammit. did I miss and ATE again?)
[19:17:23] <serribon> (*smashes X*)
[19:18:18] <solaire> <ibram> *seems calm enough, mostly tired*
[19:18:38] <d_m> You remember Miriam, from before she was attacked. You remember that she was beautiful, but it strikes you now that you did not remember how beautiful. There are faces and bodies over which empires have gone to war, and then there are those before whom even emperors kneel. As she descends the stairs, you know that she might be the latter.
[19:19:26] <d_m> This is Miriam as she was before, a vision that makes the throat tighten. A beauty that moves men to sadness. An impossible beauty, carried with the grace of an angel as she descends the steps of the dais.
[19:20:28] <d_m> Magnus and Acadia, you also recognize it. You too met Miriam, but she was just a girl when you knew here. Potential beauty, you particularly recall, Acadia. If she would just do something with her hair, she could be pretty, you remember thinking. Well, she has don't something with her hair.
[19:21:26] <d_m> How Acadia reacts is up to her player, whether in jealousy or in wonder, but Acadia and Miriam no concept of the true Miriam, in all her glory.
[19:21:40] <d_m> Serribon and Acadia, you two pick up on the details.
[19:22:45] <d_m> She wears her favorite soft leather boots, and a wrapped robe of a style Acadia has never seen, but which seems appropriate to this temple. It is of some impossibly thin, sleek material, dyed deepest black and splashed with florals of red and yellow and other, subtler colors.
[19:23:00] * Acadia regards Miriam with perplexed wonder. No one's mere appearance has mattered to her before. Appearances are pointless, unless used for survival. But now, she wonders....
[19:23:21] <d_m> Serribon, you recognize her garment, her precious monk's robe which she acquired in the far east, though it seems different. Roll for fashion sense.
[19:23:35] <serribon> (roll what?)
[19:24:09] <d_m> Whatever strikes you. INT for memory, or WIS, or whatever you think might apply to clothing.
[19:24:48] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+2 (same bonus for both)
[19:24:49] <clockwork> Serribon, (same bonus for both): 18:16+2
[19:24:53] * Magnus_ seems slightly perplexed at the change in about a weeks time.
[19:26:07] <d_m> Magnus, that is your primary reaction, and Ibram's. From the gaunt face of death, to this. Ibram's impression is more touched with memory, though. This is a reminder of what she once was.
[19:26:18] <serribon> (let's call it Wisdom, derived from his own clothing manufacturing training)
[19:26:33] <serribon> (er, int)
[19:26:57] <d_m> Serribon, her robe was always floral, always richly colored, but you're not sure it was always floral on black, as this one is. http://www.bigdaddygypsy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/cotton_floral_black_with_flowers_fp600.jpg
[19:27:26] <d_m> Ibram, roll wis.
[19:28:05] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+1
[19:28:05] <clockwork> Solaire: 12:11+1
[19:29:13] <d_m> Something's different. You and Serribon both sense it, as she approaches. You knew Miriam before, and she was... at least almost this beautiful. But she never carried herself this way. This is Miriam imperial. Miriam floating on her own glory. This is a Miriam who knows herself.
[19:29:17] <d_m> And knows her power.
[19:29:46] <d_m> Vargas, long seconds of silence draw out, and you are furious to know what's going on. You hear, faintly, a muffled female voice, but you can't make out its words.
[19:30:22] <d_m> "But we are less one of our number," Miriam says, reaching the bottom step. "And why have you brought this coffin with you?"
[19:30:29] * Vargas is desperately fighting the tendency of the mind to suffer auditory illusions when suffering in the dark.
[19:31:10] <d_m> Miriam looks at each of those before her, but her eyes go to Serribon and Ibram for answers.
[19:31:13] <solaire> <ibram> "We had brought it for you."
[19:31:55] <serribon> "The last word we had was that you had died in their custody."
[19:34:21] <d_m> "For me!" she says. "Ah, you had feared the worst. But fear no longer. The priests here have served beyond all hope." She smiles. The hooded acolytes look on in silence. Miriam approaches the group with a gait that suggests a whisp of smoke, drifting through the air. Her hips sway, and her feet land silently, glimpsed at each stride through the overlap in her robe, but her eyes glide.
[19:34:37] <d_m> "And so the only one missing is dear Vargas. Where is he?"
[19:34:54] <solaire> <ibram> "Fear? No. We had spied on your captors and they told us you were dead. Explain this."
[19:35:01] <serribon> "He is here." Serri gestures towards the coffin.
[19:35:44] <serribon> "It took much blood and effort to find where they were holding you... though, in truth, you do not look much like a prisoner at the moment."
[19:35:49] <d__m> (Is that the way you want to play it? You've already put forward that the coffin is for Miriam.)
[19:36:17] <serribon> (yes. the plan was that V died and we put him in the box. I thought)
[19:36:25] <vargas> (It was intended for her. But things didn't work out to plan.)
[19:36:27] <serribon> (since we already had one handy)
[19:36:40] <d__m> (Ah, I'm with you.)
[19:37:35] <d__m> Miriam looks down at the box. "Our precious wizard... He has taken my place?"
[19:37:45] <serribon> "So it would seem."
[19:38:07] <d__m> Roll bluff checks.
[19:38:30] <magnus_> (What's the bluff check?)
[19:38:42] <vargas> (1d20+cha+bluff skill)
[19:38:53] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20
[19:38:53] <clockwork> Magnus_: 6
[19:39:02] <vargas> (Pick whoever has the highest mod, and everybody else assist)
[19:39:21] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[19:39:22] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:20+2
[19:39:29] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+18 (SM on Miriam as well)
[19:39:29] <clockwork> Magnus_, (SM on Miriam as well): 24:6+18
[19:39:33] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+2
[19:39:34] <clockwork> Acadia: 14:12+2
[19:39:37] <vargas> (haha, Bill!)
[19:39:52] <d_m> Bill, sellin' it for the Oscar...
[19:39:56] <magnus_> (Nice one, Bill.)
[19:39:57] <serribon> (what bluff? I'm playing it totally straight and haven't told one lie yet)
[19:40:02] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+1
[19:40:02] <clockwork> Serribon: 3:2+1
[19:40:26] <serribon> (because I'm very, very bad at it)
[19:40:30] <solaire> <ibram> *looks convincingly tired and sad about carrying Vargas' wizard ass around*
[19:40:32] <d_m> Hehehehe.
[19:40:45] <d_m> But you are making an implication, as best you can.
[19:40:50] <vargas> (Don't worry. Serribon just came off as an uncaring ass._
[19:41:00] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+9 (SM)
[19:41:01] <clockwork> D_M, (SM): 15:6+9
[19:41:05] <serribon> (I like to think it's more his blank affect)
[19:41:10] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+6
[19:41:11] <clockwork> D_M: 18:12+6
[19:41:23] <serribon> (he's a bit of an aspie)
[19:43:36] <d_m> Miriam hesitates, coming to a stop. She looks at each of you in turn with dark eyes that absolutely drill.
[19:43:49] <solaire> <ibram> *looks back with tired eyes that have known too much war*
[19:44:22] <d_m> Magnus, when you meet her eyes, you get a very uncomfortable feeling. It chills you.
[19:44:43] * Acadia tries to look blank and hide her discomfort in the situation....
[19:44:59] * Vargas waits for the signal. Will it come? Will it ever? Or has all his fear been for naught?
[19:45:37] <d_m> Vargas, you hear a muffled conversation taking place. You can't make out the words. The woman's voice has drawn closer, but is still unintelligible.
[19:45:38] * Magnus_ quietly looks in the direction of the alcolytes after Her eyes pass his.
[19:46:18] <d_m> "It's a pity," says Miriam, looking down at the coffin. "I would have liked to see him again."
[19:48:59] <d_m> "One more time."
[19:49:03] <solaire> <ibram> "No doubt. He probably would have liked to see you again, if only to thank you for your help with his and Bre's wedding."
[19:49:32] <solaire> (Ibram is a terrible person)
[19:50:16] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+5
[19:50:16] <clockwork> Magnus_: 22:17+5
[19:51:07] <solaire> http://hivezero.blogspot.com/2013/05/phenomenal-banebladewarhound.html (OH SHIT)
[19:51:54] <d_m> Her eyes snap to Ibram from the coffin. She tilts her head. "What is this? A test?" She looks to Serribon.
[19:51:56] * Acadia is tense. She watches for any sign of threat from Miriam or the acolytes. She tries to discern any unnatural presence. She has seen Caleb's work only once, but it is burned in her mind.
[19:53:48] <serribon> "Naturally, we are suspicious. The news of your death was not meant to reach our ears. So to find you here, hale and hearty is, of course... disconcerting. Especially given the nature of youraffliction."
[19:55:34] <d_m> Miriam starts forward again toward the group, softening her expression with a smile of the ages. "Ah, I do understand," she says. "It is more the pity that Vargas is not with us," she says, glancing again down at the coffin which lies in the midst of you all. "I am sure he would have some way of reassuring you all that I am myself--"
[19:55:38] <d_m> She stops short.
[19:55:39] <d_m> GUPCs.
[19:55:44] * Magnus_ eyes the temple for symbols that might give some inclination of this place. Something resembling something else he may have seen in his time.
[19:55:44] <d_m> And sense motive.
[19:55:51] <d_m> And Intelligence.
[19:55:53] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+1
[19:55:53] <clockwork> Solaire: 12:11+1
[19:55:58] <solaire> ,roll d20+2
[19:55:59] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:20+2
[19:55:59] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16
[19:56:00] <clockwork> Acadia: 26:10+16
[19:56:09] <acadia> (GUPC on that one)
[19:56:14] <d_m> (Label them as you roll.)
[19:56:16] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+2 (SM)
[19:56:16] <clockwork> Acadia, (SM): 6:4+2
[19:56:20] <solaire> ,roll d20+2
[19:56:21] <clockwork> Solaire: 11:9+2
[19:56:23] <acadia> (SM is cha, yes?)
[19:56:26] <solaire> ,roll d20+1
[19:56:26] <clockwork> Solaire: 18:17+1
[19:56:29] <d_m> (Wis for sense motive)
[19:56:36] <solaire> Sense motive 12
[19:56:41] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+5 (GUPC)
[19:56:42] <clockwork> Magnus_, (GUPC): 19:14+5
[19:56:43] <solaire> GUPC 18
[19:56:44] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19 (perc. +4 for debbils)
[19:56:45] <clockwork> Serribon, (perc. +4 for debbils): 39:20+19
[19:56:47] <solaire> intelligence 22
[19:56:49] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+2 (int)
[19:56:49] <clockwork> Serribon, (int): 19:17+2
[19:56:50] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+0 (int)
[19:56:50] <clockwork> Acadia, (int): 3:3+0
[19:56:54] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+18 (SM)
[19:56:54] <clockwork> Magnus_, (SM): 30:12+18
[19:57:02] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+3 (SM for real)
[19:57:03] <clockwork> Acadia, (SM for real): 14:11+3
[19:57:08] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+4 (sm)
[19:57:08] <clockwork> Serribon, (sm): 22:18+4
[19:57:10] <acadia> Well….
[19:57:17] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+2 (INT)
[19:57:18] <clockwork> Magnus_, (INT): 9:7+2
[19:57:45] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+8
[19:57:45] <clockwork> D_M: 10:2+8
[19:57:48] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+6
[19:57:48] <clockwork> D_M: 26:20+6
[19:58:04] <acadia> (GUPC 26, SM 14, INT 3)
[19:59:00] <magnus_> (GUPC 19, SM 30, INT 9)
[19:59:14] <serribon> (GUPC 39 (variable), SM 22, Int 19)
[19:59:28] <serribon> (also: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/05/largest-lego-x-wing/)
[19:59:40] <d_m> Ibram and Serribon, you two realize that she has stopped right about at the edge of the antimagic field. All of you recognize an instant of genuine confusion, but if she is also alarmed, she hides it completely. She looks up again from the coffin to Ibram and Serribon.
[20:00:10] <vargas> (The field should be constrained by the coffin)
[20:00:28] <vargas> (Since it is an emenation. Like silence in a lantern)
[20:00:51] <d_m> Ah, really.
[20:01:01] <d_m> Hmm, let me check.
[20:01:37] <d_m> Ok, sold.
[20:01:38] <d_m> Retcon.
[20:02:06] <d_m> Miriam starts forward again toward the group, softening her expression with a smile of the ages. "Ah, I do understand," she says. "It is more the pity that Vargas is not with us," she says, glancing again down at the coffin which lies in the midst of you all. "I am sure he would have some way of reassuring you all that I am myself."
[20:02:47] <d_m> She steps between Ibram and Serribon, to the head of the casket.
[20:02:58] <d_m> "And how was he killed?"
[20:04:24] <serribon> (what did we reherse?)
[20:04:33] <vargas> (tap the coffin twice)
[20:04:48] <solaire> <ibram> "Fighting the Kervics. To free you."
[20:05:13] <d_m> Roll bluff, Ibram.
[20:05:29] <acadia> (Go Ibram, go Ibram, go!)
[20:06:02] <solaire> ,roll d20+2
[20:06:03] <clockwork> Solaire: 10:8+2
[20:06:04] <acadia> (To be sung Vanilla Ice style)
[20:06:09] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+9
[20:06:10] <clockwork> D_M: 20:11+9
[20:06:10] * Serribon kicks the coffin twice.
[20:06:19] * Vargas surges out of the coffin with a cold iron chain clasped to one wrist which once bound the Lady of Plinkerton, and an open cuff in the other. "No escape!"
[20:06:20] <d_m> Ah. Hold.
[20:06:29] <d_m> Hehehehe.
[20:06:59] <solaire> (Our party is the shadowrunest party)
[20:07:13] <magnus_> (high fives Acadia for her remake of Ninja Rap)
[20:07:32] <d_m> "Fighting the Kervics," says Ibram. Miriam looks up at him. "To free you."
[20:07:32] <d_m> They match gazes, but this time she has him. She smiles.
[20:07:35] <d_m> Initiatives
[20:07:53] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
[20:07:53] <clockwork> Vargas, (init): 14:13+1
[20:07:58] <acadia> ,roll 1d20
[20:07:58] <clockwork> Acadia: 19
[20:08:07] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20
[20:08:07] <clockwork> Magnus_: 15
[20:08:24] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X1clgyPLkUg
[20:08:31] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[20:08:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 6:4+2
[20:08:57] <acadia> (Oh man, memories....)
[20:09:22] <vargas> (Well, the plan wasn't perfect but oh well)
[20:09:37] <solaire> (I know how to hit the right musical theme.)
[20:09:40] <d_m> Serribon, INIT.
[20:10:16] <vargas> (should I AP the init?)
[20:10:19] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+7
[20:10:20] <clockwork> Serribon: 23:16+7
[20:10:21] <acadia> (I have witnessed this previously)
[20:10:25] <d_m> Vargas, you can't go until after Serribon anyway.
[20:10:31] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+6
[20:10:32] <clockwork> D_M: 19:13+6
[20:10:33] <solaire> (Witnessed what?)
[20:10:47] <acadia> (Your awesome music thematics)
[20:10:55] <vargas> (Okay, I do need to AP the init)
[20:11:05] <d_m> AP it.
[20:11:08] <vargas> ,roll 1d6 (ap)
[20:11:08] <clockwork> Vargas, (ap): 1
[20:11:09] <vargas> ,roll 1d6 (ap)
[20:11:10] <clockwork> Vargas, (ap): 2
[20:11:15] <vargas> (sigh)
[20:11:17] <d_m> Hehehe.
[20:11:19] <solaire> (Music has a place in my life which is really hard to explain.)
[20:11:32] <d_m> Ibram, she smiles at you, and you have that sinking feeling.
[20:12:08] <d_m> Serribon clenches his teeth. Might as well get this over with. He kicks the chest. Serribon, that's a move action. You can also execute a standard if you like.
[20:12:10] <solaire> <ibram> *smiles back. He's gonna have to cut someone.*
[20:13:21] <d_m> Or another move action.
[20:14:53] * Serribon kicks the coffin twice and steps away from Miriam, drawing a cold iron dagger as he retreats and reaching for his new hammer.
[20:15:14] <serribon> (5' step with free draw and move action to draw from golfbag of doom)
[20:15:58] <d_m> Miriam coils and steps back from the coffin as well, five feet, and lets fly with a flurry of shuriken. One for each of ya.
[20:15:59] <serribon> (as for the dagger, I have two of them from my fey-hunting gear)
[20:16:10] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24 (Serribon)
[20:16:11] <clockwork> D_M, (Serribon): 37:13+24
[20:16:16] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[20:16:16] <clockwork> Serribon: 5
[20:16:20] <serribon> (shit)
[20:16:23] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24 (Ibram)
[20:16:24] <clockwork> D_M, (Ibram): 29:5+24
[20:16:44] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18 (Magnus)
[20:16:44] <clockwork> D_M, (Magnus): 27:9+18
[20:16:55] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+13 (Acadia
[20:16:56] <clockwork> D_M, (Acadia: 22:9+13
[20:17:06] <d_m> Vs flatfooted AC, except Serribon,.
[20:17:07] <solaire> <ibram> *nope*
[20:17:15] <d_m> Ibram blocks his with a shield.
[20:17:30] <d_m> The rest of you are hit?
[20:17:33] <serribon> yes
[20:17:35] * Acadia takes it straight up.
[20:18:56] <d_m> ,roll 1d2+8 (Serribon, and roll FORT)
[20:18:57] <clockwork> D_M, (Serribon, and roll FORT): 9:1+8
[20:19:21] <d_m> ,roll 1d2+5 (Magnus, and roll FORT)
[20:19:21] <clockwork> D_M, (Magnus, and roll FORT): 7:2+5
[20:19:29] <d_m> ,roll 1d2+5 (Acadia, and roll FORT)
[20:19:30] <clockwork> D_M, (Acadia, and roll FORT): 7:2+5
[20:20:01] <d_m> FORT saves from those hit, please.
[20:20:08] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+11 FORT
[20:20:09] <clockwork> Acadia, FORT: 25:14+11
[20:20:15] <d_m> Save.
[20:20:31] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+13 (Fort)
[20:20:32] <clockwork> Magnus_, (Fort): 19:6+13
[20:20:33] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+15
[20:20:33] <clockwork> Serribon: 32:17+15
[20:20:36] <d_m> AP, Magnus?
[20:20:52] <magnus_> uh...I guess so.
[20:20:58] <d_m> It's worth it.
[20:21:00] <magnus_> 1d6 right?
[20:21:04] <d_m> roll it twice.
[20:21:10] <magnus_> ,roll 1d6
[20:21:10] <clockwork> Magnus_: 3
[20:21:14] <magnus_> ,roll 1d6
[20:21:15] <clockwork> Magnus_: 2
[20:21:16] <d_m> Good enough.
[20:21:25] <d_m> All three save vs poison.
[20:21:50] <acadia> (Immune, unless this is special?)
[20:22:08] <d_m> Nope, just poison. Congrats.
[20:22:20] <d_m> As the shuriken fly, Vargas emerges from his confinement.
[20:22:23] * Vargas surges out of the coffin with a cold iron chain clasped to one wrist which once bound the Lady of Plinkerton, and an open cuff in the other. He can see that the situation of perfect surprise as already been lost so he drops the chain and lets it swing from his rest. He takes goes on full defense moving the dagger from his shield hand to main hand.
[20:22:31] <magnus_> (pesky gnomes)
[20:22:40] <d_m> (Pesky Druids.)
[20:22:43] * Vargas exposes everyone to his anti-magic field.
[20:22:49] <serribon> (but they drink like champions)
[20:23:02] <serribon> (dude! put some pants on!)
[20:23:05] <vargas> (I'll move if I needed to, instead, to put her in it)
[20:23:12] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEaHRtPOMo Here we go, this will get us going
[20:23:42] <magnus_> (This is why they made Dwarves)
[20:23:54] <solaire> (Elves are panzies is why)
[20:24:15] <d_m> Miriam feels the antimagic field hit her like a denuding gale. Acadia, go.
[20:24:37] <vargas> (Don't let her escape the field if you can guys, get your hits in)
[20:25:14] <magnus_> (Dwarves on the other hand, rock. As the dwarf warrior said to the faerie princess, "Don't worry little lady, I like my women with beards.")
[20:25:56] * Acadia takes Tiger shape, and if possible, jumps
[20:26:23] <d_m> Changing form is a standard?
[20:26:42] <acadia> Yes
[20:26:48] <d_m> If so, you can leap past Vargas into the place just in front of him, the square between him and Miriam.
[20:27:07] <acadia> Will do
[20:27:26] <d_m> Vargas, does AMF have an affect on her wild shape?
[20:27:48] <vargas> (I hate doing this to my open people, but you can't shape inside the field. She could shape outside, and flank Miriam from the rear which would be outside the 10' radius.
[20:27:51] <serribon> (is it a supernatural ability or a spellike?)
[20:28:03] <vargas> (AMF affect everything except EX powers)
[20:28:17] <d_m> Acadia, as you jump into the field, your form is stripped away, and you land as a gnome.
[20:28:25] <serribon> (ah, right, it countered changeling change shape)
[20:28:37] <d_m> Magnus, go.
[20:28:55] <vargas> (Now, Acadia would know this fact. She could keep moving. And when she gets to the other side she is a tiger again)
[20:29:32] <d_m> That's true, Acadia. You can move another ten feet (two more squares) and get out of the field.
[20:29:40] * Acadia does so.
[20:29:44] <d_m> And be behind Miriam. You risk taking an AoO in the process.
[20:29:54] <d_m> Magnus, you are in the backfield. What's your action?
[20:30:25] <d_m> Acadia, Miriam makes a move to trip you.
[20:31:16] * Magnus_ grabs the heavy mace from the coffin and draws his shield stepping back.
[20:31:49] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+15
[20:31:49] <clockwork> D_M: 25:10+15
[20:32:26] <acadia> (calculating)
[20:33:08] <d_m> Acadia, you are tripped, I promise, and go down next to Miriam, in the antimagic field. You are now Prone. It's move action to stand up. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions
[20:33:45] <d_m> All right, Magnus, you move behind Vargas. Serribon, did you stay in the field, or move to the outside of it? You are on Vargas's right flank.
[20:33:58] <acadia> (Can Petite move?)
[20:34:09] <d_m> Petite can move, Acadia.
[20:34:12] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoEefgSSOo
[20:34:13] <d_m> His turn with yours, each time.
[20:34:21] <solaire> Let's DANCE miriamsuccubus
[20:34:38] <d_m> Ibram, you are foward and left of Vargas, and Acadia has just face planted directly in front of you. Your move?
[20:34:40] <acadia> Petite moves into the anti-magic circle, becoming regular size.
[20:34:43] <serribon> It was a 5' step so I could pull both weapons, so probably still in it if it's a 10' radius
[20:34:57] <d_m> Ibram, Miriam is adjacent on the diagonal, forward and right, from you.
[20:35:23] <solaire> ibram draws and closes, lashing out at her with the masterwork cold iron longsword
[20:35:26] <d_m> Very good, Serribon. You five foot away from Miriam. You are to Vargas's right, with a five foot gap, still in the field.
[20:35:53] <d_m> Ibram, roll your attacks.
[20:35:54] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+20
[20:35:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 40:20+20
[20:35:57] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+20
[20:35:57] <clockwork> Solaire: 34:14+20
[20:36:07] <solaire> <ibram> I found the squiggledesplortch
[20:36:13] <serribon> (fortunately, except for my armor, all of my abilities are EX)
[20:36:24] <d_m> Heh, he opens with a crit, of course.
[20:36:33] <d_m> Aye aye, Serri.
[20:37:03] <d_m> Ibram, you are +20 with a mundane sword?
[20:37:09] <d_m> Just want to make sure.
[20:37:21] <d_m> And you have a full attack, here.
[20:37:33] <solaire> yeah +11+4+1+2+2
[20:37:35] <solaire> do i?
[20:37:40] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+15
[20:37:41] <clockwork> Solaire: 26:11+15
[20:37:44] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+10
[20:37:44] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:12+10
[20:37:49] <serribon> (+1 to-hit with masterwork, isn't it?)
[20:37:56] <solaire> that's where the +1 comes from
[20:37:58] <vargas> (correct, Ser)
[20:38:32] <d_m> The last two don't connect, but the opening crit does.
[20:40:31] <d_m> Damage from the crit, Ibram? Serribon, your go.
[20:40:44] <serribon> Can I step to Miriam?
[20:41:03] <d_m> You can step to be within reach. No off-hand weapon, but otherwise, full attack.
[20:41:25] <serribon> (why don't I have an off-hand weapon?)
[20:41:35] <solaire> ,roll 2d8+12
[20:41:35] <clockwork> Solaire: 26:14+12
[20:41:46] <d_m> You can't haft strike at reach, is all i mean.
[20:42:13] <serribon> (I don't have my halberd. Dualing a c.iron warhammer and dagger)
[20:42:16] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atc51MxhoAE
[20:42:31] <d_m> Ah. You will have to move ten feet to put her adjacent.
[20:42:40] <d_m> You stepped back, and she stepped back, both at the same time.
[20:42:50] <serribon> ah. bugger. Ok. Charging, then.
[20:42:53] <d_m> You have justenough space --yeah.
[20:43:23] <d_m> Roll it.
[20:43:49] <solaire> (Lots of faux-latin chanting tonight because we fightin in a church son)
[20:44:28] * Serribon snarls and charges the Miriam-thing with a wide-arc swing of his new hammer.
[20:44:29] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+24
[20:44:30] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:6+24
[20:44:34] <d_m> hit.
[20:44:53] <serribon> ,roll 1d8+10
[20:44:54] <clockwork> Serribon: 18:8+10
[20:45:12] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnFDT6aZk
[20:45:19] <solaire> (And himes. God that show was good)
[20:46:32] <d_m> Miriam takes another gash before she can step further back, out of the antimagic field. Her snarling grimace turns into a smile as she feels her powers return. Just then, the doors in the back burst open, and the Backup comes charging in. At least six armored warriors come running from either side of the dais, to join the fray.
[20:46:38] <acadia> (That's another one my brother showed me. Pretty awesome)
[20:47:08] <d_m> At the same time, a nearby acolyte races to Miriam's side, laying his hands upon her. Magnus, you recognize a healing prayer when you see one.
[20:48:10] <d_m> ,roll 3d6+5
[20:48:10] <clockwork> D_M: 15:10+5
[20:48:13] <d_m> ,roll 2d6
[20:48:14] <clockwork> D_M: 7
[20:48:24] <d_m> Her wounds begin to stitch themselves back together.
[20:49:13] <d_m> She unleashes another flurry of shuriken on her turn.
[20:49:33] <d_m> This time, they are ALL at Vargas.
[20:49:48] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18
[20:49:49] <clockwork> D_M: 30:12+18
[20:49:51] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18
[20:49:52] <clockwork> D_M: 37:19+18
[20:50:04] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18
[20:50:05] <clockwork> D_M: 32:14+18
[20:50:10] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+13
[20:50:10] <clockwork> D_M: 17:4+13
[20:50:14] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+8
[20:50:14] <clockwork> D_M: 19:11+8
[20:50:23] <d_m> Vargas, hits?
[20:50:25] <vargas> (AC is 22)
[20:50:50] <d_m> Roger. Only the first one is poisoned, as that was her last poisoned shuriken. The other two are mundane.
[20:51:04] <serribon> (jeepers)
[20:51:13] <d_m> ,roll 3d2+18
[20:51:14] <clockwork> D_M: 22:4+18
[20:51:15] <vargas> (ok. Just take off the enchant for dmg when rollin)
[20:51:26] <d_m> It's off.
[20:51:35] <d_m> Oh, correction, minus 3.
[20:51:43] <d_m> So 15 damage, and roll Fort.
[20:52:01] * Vargas deflects two stars with his shield, but suffers the first three.
[20:52:12] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+5 (raw fort)
[20:52:12] <clockwork> Vargas, (raw fort): 17:12+5
[20:52:18] <d_m> AP?
[20:52:21] <vargas> (sure)
[20:52:25] <d_m> Go for it.
[20:52:25] <vargas> ,roll 1d6
[20:52:26] <clockwork> Vargas: 1
[20:52:27] <vargas> ,roll 1d6
[20:52:28] <clockwork> Vargas: 4
[20:53:00] <serribon> (man, how is it almost 9 and we're only in round 2?)
[20:53:24] <d_m> The rest of you, roll Fort.
[20:53:32] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+15
[20:53:32] <acadia> (You just live in the wrong part of the country. It's only 8 here.)
[20:53:32] <clockwork> Serribon: 21:6+15
[20:53:41] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+11
[20:53:41] <clockwork> Acadia: 26:15+11
[20:53:44] <d_m> (Ibram, no needed. Acadia, not needed.)
[20:53:48] <vargas> (What's the save for?)
[20:53:56] <d_m> Second hit of the poison they took.
[20:54:01] <vargas> (If you pass the first save, you don't have to save twice.)
[20:54:17] <acadia> (Ohhh)
[20:54:20] <d_m> This is a two save poison.
[20:54:25] <d_m> Accumulate two to win.
[20:54:37] <d_m> serribon, you save again and are free and clear.
[20:54:38] <vargas> (You don't need two unless you fail the first. As I understand it)
[20:54:48] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+13
[20:54:49] <clockwork> Magnus_: 21:8+13
[20:54:54] <d_m> that is not my understanding, so we will continue.
[20:55:00] <d_m> Magnus, you save as well. Free and clear.
[20:55:49] <d_m> Acadia, you're up. You are prone, five feet from Miriam.
[20:56:05] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYELZdzpMw it is ON sir
[20:56:30] <serribon> (more than that, since Miriam retreated, isn't it?)
[20:56:33] <acadia> (Can Petite go first?)
[20:56:43] <d_m> Acadia is still 5' on the angle.
[20:56:46] <d_m> Petite can go first.
[20:56:48] <serribon> (oh)
[20:57:08] <acadia> Petite charges Miriam (that should land him out of the anti-magic, yes?)
[20:58:04] <d_m> Miriam is right on the edge of it, so if Petite charges, he will still be inside. if he just moves, he can maneuver out of the field onto her flank.
[20:58:19] <solaire> (Good choices?)
[20:58:30] <acadia> He'll stay inside.
[20:58:36] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16
[20:58:36] <clockwork> Acadia: 26:10+16
[20:58:51] <acadia> (bite. Miss?)
[20:58:54] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/poison
[20:58:55] <d_m> (Keep 'em coming, Bill. Keeps people focused during long rounds. :-) )
[20:59:09] <vargas> When you are initially exposed to a poison (whether during your action or someone else's), you must make a save to avoid being poisoned.
[20:59:09] <vargas> Success You resist being poisoned. You do not suffer any ill effects and you need not make any further saves.
[20:59:09] <vargas> Failure You are poisoned and immediately suffer the listed effect. You will need to make further saves to avoid more damage and cure the poison.
[20:59:09] <vargas> Exception If the poison has an onset period, failing the initial check does NOT cause you to suffer any effects.
[20:59:36] <d_m> (Vargas, I saw that too, and I disagree. Tonight, a two-save poison requires two saves to cure.)
[21:00:05] <d_m> Acadia, miss.
[21:00:07] <d_m> Acadia, go.
[21:00:25] <d_m> Remember, you are Prone at the moment, Acadia. Standing is a move action that provokes an attack of opportunity.
[21:00:49] <acadia> Can I maneuver while remaining prone?
[21:01:04] <vargas> (I am going to assume that is a property unique to poison for this fight. Otherwise my hellboar form forces 3 saves in a row, and that would be awfully cheesy. Nondramatic. Whereas this is.)
[21:01:09] <d_m> You can, at limited speed.
[21:01:21] <acadia> Outside the field?
[21:01:47] <d_m> Acadia, yes, but you will provoke an AoO as you depart the square still on the ground.
[21:02:06] <d_m> Vargas, you're next. As Acadia rolls away from Miriam, what are you doing?
[21:02:18] <magnus_> (What is the radius of the anti-magic?
[21:02:21] <d_m> For SA, the mooks will arrive next round.
[21:02:26] <vargas> (10')
[21:02:27] <d_m> The AMF is 10' centered on Vargas.
[21:02:28] <magnus_> )
[21:02:53] <vargas> (can you describe the room we are in, boss, and the position of the mooks?)
[21:04:06] <d_m> Very large chamber, with a raised dais about fifteen feet ahead of you (a shallow pyramid of steps, some eight feet high and twenty-five feet wide at its base). Open space for twenty feet in all other directions. bad guys are coming from either side of the dais, from doors on the back side of it.
[21:04:27] <d_m> There are at least five acolytes that you can see. Magnus suspects they are clerics like himself, of a sort.
[21:04:48] * Acadia will stand, and if possible, take another move action to leave the anti-magic circle
[21:04:50] <d_m> Vargas is center formation. Ibram is forward-left of vargas. Serribon is forward-right. Miriam is 15 feet from Vargas, directly forward.
[21:04:56] <d_m> Magnus is behind Serribon.
[21:05:24] <d_m> Very well, Acadia. You provoke one AoO for our purposes.
[21:05:36] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+17
[21:05:37] <clockwork> D_M: 34:17+17
[21:05:53] <d_m> ,roll 1d10+6 damage
[21:05:53] <clockwork> D_M, damage: 14:8+6
[21:06:03] <acadia> (I didn't think that out. I'm just going to be tripped again, any way I can retcon and roll as before?)
[21:06:09] <d_m> Miriam gives you a kick to the face as you roll clear.
[21:06:20] <d_m> Either way, trying to get out would have sparked an AoO.
[21:06:36] <vargas> (Per RAW, you can't retrip somebody. So you will get up. You just get punched.)
[21:06:41] <acadia> (That's fine)
[21:06:54] <acadia> (Oh okay, cool beans then)
[21:06:57] <d_m> Acadia is ten feet to left of Miriam, ten feet forward and left of Ibram.
[21:07:09] <vargas> (say when my turn)
[21:07:09] <d_m> Vargas, your move. Then Magnus.
[21:07:21] <d_m> Your turn.
[21:07:22] * Vargas decides that the AMF has bought what little time it can. He will dismiss the AMF, and risk casting Wall of Force to block off the rear side of the room.
[21:07:35] <vargas> ,roll 1d10 (fail on 1)
[21:07:36] <clockwork> Vargas, (fail on 1): 3
[21:07:46] <d_m> Nice.
[21:07:53] <vargas> (now!)
[21:08:01] <d_m> Magnus, your go.
[21:08:03] <d_m> AMF is down.
[21:08:07] <vargas> (Everyone gains +2 AC and saves from Evil)
[21:08:07] <d_m> Ibram, you're after Magnus.
[21:08:17] <d_m> Miriam is most certainly Evil.
[21:09:07] <d_m> Magnus, go.
[21:09:39] <d_m> Acadia, your wild shape returned immediately upon leaving the field, so you are back in Tiger form.
[21:09:50] <serribon> (is that protection transitive? like with the poison - would the +2 bonus apply to the fort saves there 'cause an evil person threw the weapon with the poison on it?)
[21:10:03] <d_m> Nah.
[21:10:13] <vargas> (Well, it is a +2 resist bonus on saves. It wouldn't be better than your cloak)
[21:10:15] <serribon> (it would have to be an evil poison, then)
[21:10:20] <vargas> (Had to double check to see if it would stack)
[21:10:34] <d_m> Ibram, while Magnus is deciding...
[21:10:40] <d_m> The AMF is down, and Miriam is ten feet away.
[21:10:43] * Serribon once again turns into a greenish-brown blur.
[21:10:46] <d_m> (one five foot gap between you)
[21:10:47] <solaire> Ibram follows up and tries to cleave into miriam
[21:10:51] <solaire> (as in it is gone?)
[21:10:52] <d_m> Step up, or lunge?
[21:10:55] <d_m> AMF is gone.
[21:11:10] <solaire> Lunge, 5foot I swap to +2 sword
[21:11:10] <vargas> (AMF is down, more important to block the adds with Wall of Force)
[21:11:24] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[21:11:24] <clockwork> Solaire: 20:1+19
[21:11:27] <solaire> fuck you dice
[21:11:30] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+14
[21:11:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:8+14
[21:11:33] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+9
[21:11:34] <clockwork> Solaire: 10:1+9
[21:11:44] <acadia> (brb bathroom)
[21:11:47] <solaire> <ibram> *frowns, the AMF going has thrown his game off*
[21:11:49] <d_m> Miriam dances like a mongoose about your blade, but you feel you flubbed the footwork a bit anyway.
[21:11:58] * Magnus_ casts Holy Smite down upon Miriam, working it to not blast his own party if he can avoid it.
[21:12:10] <d_m> You can do that, Magnus. Link spell and say resists.
[21:12:57] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/holy-smite
[21:12:58] <d_m> The mooks pile up on the other side of the wall of force, momentarily flummoxed.
[21:13:36] <d_m> Will partial! Good choice. Say save DC.
[21:13:46] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18 (will)
[21:13:47] <clockwork> D_M, (will): 27:9+18
[21:13:55] <d_m> And roll damage.
[21:14:12] <d_m> It's the d8 for Miriam. She is not an outsider.
[21:14:57] <serribon> (pizza. afk)
[21:15:12] <d_m> Serribon, Magnus belts a prayer in his tremendous baritone, and there is a flash of light from nowhere in particular. Miriam seems suddenly afflicted, but manages to shake most of it off.
[21:15:34] <magnus_> ,roll 5d8
[21:15:34] <clockwork> Magnus_: 32
[21:15:44] <vargas> (nice)
[21:15:54] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYELZdzpMw
[21:16:07] <solaire> <ibram> I grow tired of you...
[21:16:58] <d_m> On the far side of Miriam, remember, is also that one Acolye, trying to heal her. The others seem to be circling, trying to figure out what to do.
[21:16:59] <serribon> Distance?
[21:17:15] <d_m> Serribon, still adjacent.
[21:17:21] <vargas> (Burn down the healers, lest Miriam never go down)
[21:17:31] <d_m> Feel free to shout it ICly, Vargas.
[21:17:38] <d_m> Can't hurt, really.
[21:17:39] <vargas> "Kill the healer!"
[21:17:41] * Serribon steps to the side and unleashes on the poor acolyte.
[21:17:58] <serribon> (is he evil?)
[21:18:14] <d_m> Serribon steps adjacent to Miriam and reaches behind her with his weapon. Serribon, you don't know.
[21:18:19] <d_m> But he is adjacent.
[21:18:35] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[21:18:36] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:11+19
[21:18:39] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13
[21:18:40] <clockwork> Serribon: 32:19+13
[21:18:48] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+9
[21:18:49] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:5+9
[21:18:52] <d_m> Hit hit.
[21:19:13] <serribon> ,roll 2d8+12
[21:19:13] <clockwork> Serribon: 23:11+12
[21:19:20] <vargas> "Acadia, be ready to help me with adds! Ibram on Miriam! Magnus, Serribon, slay any healers before Miriam!"
[21:20:05] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sytBzjaoX0 Boss fightan
[21:20:14] <acadia> (adds?)
[21:20:21] <d_m> Serribon, you severely wound the healer, but he is alive.
[21:20:24] <serribon> (buffs and additional damage)
[21:20:37] <acadia> (Ohh)
[21:20:38] <d_m> He five-foots away from you and tries to cast a spell, forgetting about Acadia. Acadia, AoO.
[21:21:08] <d_m> Vargas, GUPC.
[21:21:19] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16 (claw)
[21:21:19] <clockwork> Acadia, (claw): 26:10+16
[21:21:20] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+20 (back to full power!)
[21:21:20] <clockwork> Vargas, (back to full power!): 27:7+20
[21:21:24] <d_m> Hit, Acadia.
[21:21:26] <d_m> Roll damage.
[21:21:29] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+7
[21:21:30] <clockwork> D_M: 14:7+7
[21:21:51] <d_m> Vargas, you make out someone on the far side of your wall of force, clearly trying to cast a spell. Roll Spellcraft.
[21:22:00] <d_m> ,roll 2d6
[21:22:01] <clockwork> D_M: 8
[21:22:13] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+23 (spellcraft)
[21:22:13] <clockwork> Vargas, (spellcraft): 40:17+23
[21:22:20] <acadia> ,roll 1d8+7
[21:22:21] <clockwork> Acadia: 9:2+7
[21:22:29] <d_m> Damned if he isn't trying to cast dispel!
[21:22:42] <vargas> (aww, poor sucker)
[21:23:00] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+7
[21:23:00] <clockwork> D_M: 18:11+7
[21:23:01] <serribon> (would my move to intercept the healer allow me to set up flank for ibby w/ miriam?
[21:23:10] * Vargas makes a mental note to bullseye that guy later.
[21:23:26] <d_m> One sec, Serribon. Acadia, you successfully distract the acolyte, interrupting his prayer in progress.
[21:23:56] <d_m> Meanwhile, Miriam zeroes in on Vargas.
[21:24:09] <d_m> Acrobatics to escape Serribon as she advances between him and Ibram.
[21:24:12] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[21:24:12] <clockwork> D_M: 44:20+24
[21:24:18] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[21:24:18] <clockwork> D_M: 44:20+24
[21:24:22] <d_m> Wow.
[21:24:24] <vargas> (lol)
[21:24:27] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24 (vs Ibram
[21:24:28] <clockwork> D_M, (vs Ibram: 37:13+24
[21:24:32] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[21:24:32] <clockwork> D_M: 34:10+24
[21:24:35] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[21:24:36] <clockwork> D_M: 44:20+24
[21:24:43] <solaire> wat
[21:24:44] <d_m> Ibram, does 34 beat your CMD?
[21:24:48] <solaire> yes
[21:25:02] <d_m> Ok, she slips through and is suddenly in your face, Vargas.
[21:25:22] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+17
[21:25:22] <clockwork> D_M: 26:9+17
[21:25:46] <vargas> (I think that is a hit even with buffs back up)
[21:25:50] <d_m> ,roll 1d10+6 (and roll FORT vs stun)
[21:25:50] <clockwork> D_M, (and roll FORT vs stun): 7:1+6
[21:25:51] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ADLhUD7yk
[21:25:58] <d_m> 7 damage
[21:26:03] <vargas> (question)
[21:26:05] <d_m> Yes?
[21:26:15] <vargas> (If I take no dmg due to stone skin, do I have to roll fort?)
[21:26:25] <d_m> Hmm... Let me check right quick.
[21:26:57] <d_m> By the RAW, no.
[21:27:02] <d_m> soaked?
[21:27:16] <vargas> (Yes. DR 10/adamantium)
[21:27:48] |<-->
[21:27:49] * Vargas takes the fist right in his eblow, but his skin transforms into a stoney hide like that of a gorgon.
[21:27:59] <d_m> Roger. She punches you, but your body absorbs the blow magically. She raises her eyebrows. "Hello, Vargas. Still got your tricks."
[21:28:13] <vargas> "Always."
[21:28:21] <d_m> Acadia, she got away, but the acolyte is still adjacent to you.
[21:28:36] <d_m> Magnus, Miriam is within a five foot step of you.
[21:28:53] <d_m> Go, both of you.
[21:28:55] * Acadia fires up call lightning storm.
[21:29:15] <d_m> Ibram, you're after Magnus. Acadia is a five foot step behind you, and you can step to flank with Vargas.
[21:29:17] <acadia> http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/callLightning.html
[21:29:28] <d_m> But hold your rolls for a moment, Ibby.
[21:29:41] <d_m> Acadia, roger. first bolt on the acolyte?
[21:29:55] <vargas> (burn down the healer first. Miriam is probably going to evade reflexive stuff.)
[21:30:14] <acadia> DC 19
[21:30:15] <acadia> Yes
[21:30:30] <acadia> ,roll 5d6
[21:30:30] <clockwork> Acadia: 15
[21:30:37] <d_m> He is no combatant, and fails to try to stop you with an AoO, so you don't even have to worry about defensive casting.
[21:30:48] <acadia> Sweet
[21:31:04] <d_m> The sanctuary booms with thunder, as a white bolt strikes down from the ceiling and roasts the wounded acolyte.
[21:31:17] <d_m> Magnus, speak now if you are not link-dead.
[21:31:24] <vargas> (He pinged me on AIM)
[21:31:28] <vargas> (He's having trouble)
[21:31:40] <d_m> Does he have an action? He can five foot to Miriam, or cast a spell.
[21:31:45] <d_m> Or do whatever.
[21:31:50] <acadia> Hold up!
[21:31:57] <acadia> Petite goes after Miriam again.
[21:31:58] <vargas> (I informed him of his situation, but he didn't respond yet)
[21:32:02] <d_m> Acadia, good!
[21:32:04] <acadia> In charge range?
[21:32:10] <d_m> Petite can charge.
[21:32:20] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+20 (due to large)
[21:32:21] <clockwork> Acadia, (due to large): 39:19+20
[21:32:21] <vargas> (Petite can flank charge with the wizard? hehe)
[21:32:30] <d_m> Wowzers! HIT!
[21:32:52] <d_m> Roll damage, oh large one.
[21:32:54] <serribon> (hah. gator crit. and doesn't he have Grab?)
[21:33:11] <acadia> (yes, one moment)
[21:33:24] <d_m> Ibram, the gator took your flank spot, but you can still 5' step.
[21:33:25] <acadia> ,roll 2d6+10
[21:33:26] <clockwork> Acadia: 16:6+10
[21:33:33] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+20 (grab)
[21:33:34] <clockwork> Acadia, (grab): 22:2+20
[21:33:35] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgpYfCnLhAo Let's take this fool down
[21:33:38] <solaire> And so he does!
[21:33:43] <acadia> (really?)
[21:33:48] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[21:33:48] <clockwork> Solaire: 35:14+21
[21:33:52] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+16
[21:33:52] <clockwork> Solaire: 25:9+16
[21:33:55] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+11
[21:33:55] <clockwork> Solaire: 12:1+11
[21:34:38] <d_m> Ibram steps up behind Miriam and strikes, but she has eyes in the back of her head. He can't seem to land a blow.
[21:34:58] <d_m> Serribon, you can five foot to put yourself in Reach of Miriam, 10' to be adjacent, or you can go hunt acolytes.
[21:35:10] <d_m> The grab on Miriam fails.
[21:35:17] -->| Nacht (Mibbit@ppp-70-247-171-3.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[21:35:28] <d_m> Magnus, you are 5' from Miriam, and can step to flank with Ibram if you like.
[21:35:29] =-= Nacht is now known as Magnus_
[21:35:33] <d_m> Or you can stay back and do whatever.
[21:35:44] <serribon> Where's the next one within the force wall?
[21:36:01] <d_m> Off to your right, Acolyte number 2 (as numbered clockwise)
[21:36:30] <serribon> hm. well, first.
[21:36:32] <d_m> Magnus, your action when you are able.
[21:36:50] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+10 (adamantine)
[21:36:51] <clockwork> Solaire, (adamantine) : 18:8+10
[21:37:06] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[21:37:07] <clockwork> Serribon: 34:15+19
[21:37:12] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzWFWCH_lTE
[21:37:40] <d_m> Ibram, all your attacks missed.
[21:37:41] <serribon> (perc, to try and determine if my anti-demon tactics have had any particular effect on Miriam)
[21:37:52] <solaire> (For reals? shit)
[21:38:07] <d_m> Negative, Serribon. No apparent special affect from cold iron or other outsider-oriented stuff.
[21:38:54] <serribon> Ok. Onto the acolytes, then.
[21:39:13] <vargas> (The acolytes are all behind the wall right?)
[21:39:24] <serribon> (there are some still inside, apparently)
[21:39:25] <d_m> No, the acolytes are scattered about. The Mooks are behind the wall right now.
[21:39:31] <vargas> (oooh!)
[21:39:38] <vargas> (Yeah, go knock out some acolytes)
[21:39:58] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+7
[21:39:58] <clockwork> D_M: 22:15+7
[21:40:13] * Serribon drops his iron and goes after the first acolyte, drawing Power Violence on the run.
[21:40:18] <d_m> Vargas, the wizard in the enemy backfield gives it another shot, but doesn't quite dispel. Missed by 1.
[21:40:36] <serribon> (is the caster on this side of the wall?)
[21:40:37] <vargas> (WoF is actually immune to dispel specifically, but he doesn't need to know that.)
[21:40:38] <d_m> (Unless your dispel DC is higher than 23 for some reason.)
[21:40:45] <d_m> (Ah.)
[21:40:49] <d_m> (FML.)
[21:42:00] <d_m> Serribon, roll your attack.
[21:42:41] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+20
[21:42:41] <clockwork> Serribon: 39:19+20
[21:42:46] <d_m> Hit. Roll damage.
[21:42:50] <d_m> Miriam rolls away again to catch her breath. That gator actually got teeth into her, which she did not expect.
[21:43:00] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+10
[21:43:00] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:4+10
[21:43:02] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24 vs Ibram
[21:43:03] <clockwork> D_M, vs Ibram: 27:3+24
[21:43:07] <d_m> HA! AoO, Ibby.
[21:43:14] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24 (vs Vargas)
[21:43:14] <clockwork> D_M, (vs Vargas): 29:5+24
[21:43:25] <vargas> (she is spared my dagger)
[21:43:30] <d_m> Well, I think that's an AoO. What's your CMD, Ibby?
[21:43:41] <serribon> (30-something, I suspect)
[21:43:47] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[21:43:48] <clockwork> Solaire: 39:18+21
[21:43:49] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[21:43:50] <clockwork> Solaire: 33:12+21
[21:43:52] <d_m> 10+bab+str+dex
[21:44:31] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764 okay guys
[21:44:42] <d_m> Missed by a hair, Ibram. Something weird is going on. That should have hit her, but she twisted away at the last moment. It still should have hit her, but some darkness seemed to intercede, against the edge of your blade, holding it from her skin.
[21:45:28] <d_m> She snarls back at Ibram as she slips away from Vargas and reaches one of her healers.
[21:45:30] <d_m> ,roll 2d6
[21:45:31] <clockwork> D_M: 7
[21:45:34] <d_m> ,roll 3d6+5
[21:45:35] <clockwork> D_M: 11:6+5
[21:45:54] <d_m> Acadia, your turn.
[21:46:10] * Magnus_ casts hold person on Miriam before he decides to go kick some healer ass.
[21:46:20] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person
[21:46:21] <magnus_> DC 17
[21:46:21] <acadia> blast the healer that Miriam is seeking out.
[21:46:39] <acadia> ,roll 5d6
[21:46:39] <clockwork> Acadia: 22
[21:47:17] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5
[21:47:17] <clockwork> D_M: 23:18+5
[21:47:37] <d_m> Oh, he dodges for half damage, but is still left a bit smokey, as another report defeans all present.
[21:47:44] <vargas> (Which allies are adjacent to me? Ibram and Magnus?)
[21:47:45] <d_m> Petite?
[21:47:53] <d_m> Vargas, that is correct.
[21:48:05] <acadia> Another charge?
[21:48:09] <d_m> One sec.
[21:48:14] <d_m> Magnus has an action.
[21:48:39] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18 (will)
[21:48:39] <clockwork> D_M, (will): 26:8+18
[21:48:57] <d_m> Miriam smiles at Magnus when he attemps to hold her.
[21:49:27] <d_m> Acadia, Petite can't charge, bceause people are in the way, but he can move to her vicinity.
[21:49:50] <d_m> ,roll 1d8+1
[21:49:50] <clockwork> D_M: 3:2+1
[21:50:02] <acadia> That will do.
[21:50:07] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+18
[21:50:08] <clockwork> Acadia: 32:14+18
[21:50:32] <d_m> vargas, the gator goes tear-assing after Miriam, forcing its way between you a Ibram for a moment. It's like a sudden avalanche of scales, and then it's gone.
[21:50:55] <d_m> Petite brings his jaws together, but on thin air, as Miriam jumps clear.
[21:51:15] * Vargas reaches into his bag, and produces a scroll with ease thanks to its magical pockets. He turns the scroll to dust and hits the party while they are still concentrated. (no ASF for scrolls, or things that lack somatic)
[21:51:18] <acadia> *Petite huffs in irritated gator fashion*
[21:51:25] <magnus_> (Time for a pain pill!)
[21:51:56] <d_m> Vargas, what spell, and what is ASF?
[21:52:02] <vargas> (Haste)
[21:52:14] <vargas> (ASF is the 10% fail rate I have with spells wearing this chain shirt)
[21:52:20] <d_m> Oh, roger. Gotcha.
[21:52:30] <d_m> Range on Haste?
[21:52:32] <d_m> 30'?
[21:52:46] <vargas> Yeah
[21:52:49] <d_m> Everyone but the gator is hasted.
[21:53:00] <d_m> Magnus, go.
[21:53:43] <d_m> Ibram, Miriam is about 25' away, southwest, dodging a gator. on the far side of her is another of those acolytes. You do have a charge line if you want it. You go after Magnus.
[21:54:57] <solaire> Ibram doesn't need to charge, he just moves in and strikes.
[21:55:06] <d_m> If anyone has contact with Magnus, try to find out what spell he wanted. Can someone just give him a phone call, maybe?
[21:55:28] <d_m> Seriously, if you can get him on speakerphone, just get his info that way.
[21:55:45] * Magnus_ casts flame strike upon Miriam and her healer.
[21:55:53] <d_m> There it is!
[21:55:58] <d_m> Link and DCs, Magnus!
[21:56:29] <d_m> And roll damage.
[21:56:52] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+20 (reflex)
[21:56:53] <clockwork> D_M, (reflex): 30:10+20
[21:57:12] <d_m> Nevermind. That beats the DC. Evasion.
[21:57:15] <d_m> However,
[21:57:20] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4
[21:57:20] <clockwork> D_M: 23:19+4
[21:57:23] <d_m> oh man.
[21:57:39] <magnus_> (avoiding own party if possible) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flame-strike
[21:57:43] <d_m> Half damage for the acolyte. He's doing well for himself, but looking very toasty.
[21:58:08] <d_m> Ibram, as you come after Miriam with death in your heart, she turns to face you, and she still has that grin.
[21:58:25] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+22
[21:58:25] <clockwork> Solaire: 25:3+22
[21:58:48] <d_m> Serribon, your acolyte took a withdraw action which I forgot to post. It used his whole turn last round. He ran to one of his friends, so you are at charge distance again, with two targets. You are on the northeast side of the arena, and they are south of you.
[21:58:59] <magnus_> ,roll 10d6 (damage for flame strike)
[21:59:00] <clockwork> Magnus_, (damage for flame strike): 45
[21:59:22] <serribon> Ok. Distance to Miriam?
[21:59:29] <d_m> You chop at her, Ibram, but she just brushes your sword aside with her hand against the flat of its blade
[21:59:51] <d_m> Miriam is on the exact opposite (southwest) side of the arena, about sixty feet from you, through Magnus and Vargas.
[22:00:07] <d_m> She is clustered there with Ibram, a large gator, and one acolyte.
[22:00:37] * Serribon charges the wounded acolyte to try and finish him off.
[22:00:44] <d_m> Roger. Roll it.
[22:00:54] <vargas> (Speed caiman)
[22:01:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[22:01:08] <clockwork> Serribon: 34:13+21
[22:01:16] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:01:16] <clockwork> Serribon: 21:10+11
[22:01:30] <d_m> Vargas, GUPC.
[22:01:38] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+20 (perc)
[22:01:39] <clockwork> Vargas, (perc): 37:17+20
[22:01:42] <d_m> Solid hit, Serribon. He is severely wounded.
[22:02:25] <d_m> Vargas, you realize that many of the mooks have filtered away from your wall of force. They're probably outside, running to find an alternate entrance. Another round or two at the soonest before they can get here, though.
[22:02:52] <vargas> (any ideas on what that extra entrance might be? Our door? Others?)
[22:02:59] <d_m> The acolyte by Miriam steps behind her for cover and attempts a heal.
[22:03:05] <d_m> ,roll 3d6+5
[22:03:06] <clockwork> D_M: 15:10+5
[22:03:18] <d_m> ,roll 2d6
[22:03:18] <clockwork> D_M: 7
[22:04:16] <d_m> Vargas, there are windows along the walls to the right and left. The only other entrance you saw was the main one, south of you, which means they have to run the length of the building. At a dead run, it would take them two rounds just to re-enter the field.
[22:04:40] <vargas> (okay. Mental countdown noted)
[22:04:54] <acadia> (What is the door made of?)
[22:05:07] <d_m> Large wooden door.
[22:05:22] <d_m> Ibram, Miriam slips past your sword and says, "Hello, my boy." She five-foots away from the gator and into your arms.
[22:05:34] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+28 Grapple
[22:05:34] <clockwork> D_M, Grapple: 34:6+28
[22:05:52] <d_m> hah! hit
[22:06:01] <d_m> Ibram, you are grappled.
[22:06:05] <vargas> (Ibby, what's your normal CMD?)
[22:06:23] <solaire> normally it is 10+11+4+2
[22:06:46] <vargas> (okay)
[22:07:10] <d_m> Acadia and Petite.
[22:07:28] <d_m> Petite has an acolyte in easy reach. To get Miriam, he can move around to the other side of Ibram.
[22:07:49] <d_m> He will go after the Acolyte, but you can command him with handle animal to attack Miriam instead if you like.
[22:08:26] <acadia> Miriam is grappled, yes?
[22:08:38] <d_m> Vargas and Miriam, since you're watching, you see Ibram attack Miriam, and next thing you know, she has somehow slipped through his arms and tied herself into a knot about Ibram's shoulders, even though he's still on his feet.
[22:08:44] <d_m> Affirm, Acadia.
[22:08:59] <acadia> Within a move?
[22:09:32] <d_m> Of you? You could charge.
[22:09:53] <vargas> "Magnus! Deathward Ibram now!"
[22:10:14] <d_m> Vargas, you go after Acadia.
[22:10:17] <d_m> Magnus, you go after Vargas.
[22:10:20] <d_m> Acadia, your actino?
[22:10:23] <d_m> action?
[22:10:50] <acadia> I want to move up and use stone shape, but I want to make sure I'm in range. With haste cast, it would still take a charge?
[22:11:01] <d_m> What's your speed as a tiger?
[22:11:23] <acadia> 40ft
[22:11:52] <d_m> You can move adjacent with a single move. I stand corrected. So you can move up to adjacent, if needed, and cast a spell.
[22:12:23] <acadia> Okay. I move and cast stone shape. The aim is to trap Miriam's feet so she can't move.
[22:12:26] <acadia> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/stone-shape
[22:12:49] <d_m> Interesting. We'll call it Reflex negates.
[22:12:53] <d_m> With grapple penalty.
[22:12:59] <acadia> The DC would be 17
[22:13:06] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18 (reflex)
[22:13:07] <clockwork> D_M, (reflex): 38:20+18
[22:13:28] <acadia> Damn
[22:13:31] <serribon> (naturally)
[22:13:54] <acadia> (I was hoping that the grappled state would have more of a penalty)
[22:14:01] <d_m> The tiger charges into the vicinty of the brawl and puts her foot down. From that spot, the flagstone itself surges up like a plant growing in fast motion and seeks to snag Miriam from Ibram's back, but she snakes to the other side of him.
[22:14:10] <d_m> (Grappled is not as debilitating as it used to be.)
[22:14:19] <d_m> Vargas, go.
[22:14:22] <acadia> Petite moves to attack Miriam
[22:14:26] <d_m> Ah ah.
[22:14:28] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+18
[22:14:28] <clockwork> Acadia: 35:17+18
[22:14:33] <d_m> he attacks the acolyte.
[22:14:39] <d_m> Natural target, and you elected not to Handle Animal.
[22:14:46] <acadia> Oh right. Okay
[22:14:47] <d_m> Hit on the acolyte, though.
[22:14:54] <serribon> (just as well, really)
[22:14:58] <d_m> Roll damage.
[22:15:03] <acadia> ,roll 2d6+10
[22:15:04] <clockwork> Acadia: 19:9+10
[22:15:18] <d_m> Yes, Serri is right. That's actually a kill. The gator comes down on his leg and death-rolls it off.
[22:15:24] <d_m> vargas, your action.
[22:15:43] <vargas> "Forgive us, Miriam. We will set you free, Gott help us. Even if it means killing you."
[22:16:06] * Vargas moves closer to his ally pack, say 15' away, and attempts Mass Grease.
[22:16:13] <vargas> ,roll 1d10 (fail on 1)
[22:16:13] <clockwork> Vargas, (fail on 1): 8
[22:16:27] <vargas> All allies have +10 CMD for grapple, and +10 for escape artist.
[22:17:14] <vargas> "Now, Magnus!"
[22:17:15] <d_m> And +10 CMB when attempting to escape a grapple.
[22:17:20] <d_m> Magnus, your go.
[22:17:25] <d_m> Vargas has requested that you death-ward him.
[22:17:50] * Magnus_ moves in and casts Deathward upon Ibram.
[22:18:22] <d_m> Ibram, your CMD is now 37, correct?
[22:18:31] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/death-ward
[22:18:36] <vargas> (+1 for haste too)
[22:18:40] <magnus_> Already done
[22:18:44] <d_m> 38
[22:19:34] <d_m> Magnus, you charge into the fray as well and touch Ibram with your hand, laying upon him a death ward.
[22:20:04] <d_m> Ibram, your turn!
[22:20:14] <magnus_> Groovy
[22:20:18] <d_m> You are grappled. You are on your feet, suddenly surrounded by folks, but Miriam is on your shoulders, doing something.
[22:20:36] <solaire> <ibram> *is trying to get the fuck out*
[22:20:38] <solaire> what's that?
[22:20:41] <vargas> (guys, Oreo needs a pee. brb)
[22:20:46] <d_m> Roll grapple or escape artist.
[22:21:03] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+16
[22:21:03] <clockwork> Solaire: 18:2+16
[22:21:05] <d_m> Your grapple is d20+BAB+STR+10+haste
[22:21:12] <solaire> 28
[22:21:24] <d_m> She is impossible to get any kind of grip on.
[22:22:00] <d_m> Serribon, i keep forgetting to say on their turn that your targets run away, but you are successfully herding them clockwise around the field toward the rest of the team.
[22:22:08] <d_m> Charge range again, and your wounded one will die on this hit, probably.
[22:22:31] <d_m> There are now three of them clustered together in your sights. One of them is readied against your charge.
[22:22:34] <d_m> As best he can be.
[22:22:53] * Serribon follows through.
[22:22:59] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[22:23:00] <clockwork> Serribon: 32:11+21
[22:23:18] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:23:19] <clockwork> Serribon: 20:9+11
[22:23:31] <d_m> The readied attacker attempts to touch you as you come in range.
[22:23:45] <serribon> Which I don't, since I'm attackign with a polearm
[22:23:58] <d_m> Good answer. You lay it on his friend and kill him.
[22:24:55] <d_m> Three down. Two remain, both adjacent. While one flees, the other five-foots toward you, Serribon, and attempts a touch attack. The spell is already cast, so you can AoO him for being unarmed, but you can't disrupt the spell.
[22:25:02] <d_m> AoO.
[22:25:13] <d_m> Meanwhile, Ibram, Miriam attempts grapples.
[22:25:16] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+28
[22:25:16] <clockwork> D_M: 37:9+28
[22:25:17] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[22:25:18] <clockwork> Serribon: 37:18+19
[22:25:22] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:25:23] <clockwork> Serribon: 16:5+11
[22:25:44] <d_m> Wow. She misses on the first try.
[22:25:47] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+28
[22:25:48] <clockwork> D_M: 47:19+28
[22:25:53] <d_m> Wait, no.
[22:25:59] <d_m> +5 for contorlling grappler.
[22:26:03] <d_m> So both hit.
[22:26:43] <serribon> (and Ibram gets an unhappy ending)
[22:26:47] <d_m> Ibram, as you stagger about, you feel her roll strangely over you, taking your head with her legs, and your body must follow. You feel yourself go over like you've been lifted by a giant.
[22:28:38] <d_m> BOOM. You land on your back, and somehow, Miriam is on top of you, straddling you. Beautiful. Brilliant. Her hair flows around her head as she rights herself upon you, and then you see the bone needle. That's why her hair is free. Her hair pin is in her hand.
[22:28:59] <d_m> And it comes down before you can find your hand. Pick an eye, Ibram.
[22:29:56] <solaire> Left eye
[22:30:02] <d_m> So be it.
[22:30:09] <d_m> Your left eye goes dark in a streak of pain.
[22:30:17] <d_m> She rolls away five feet.
[22:30:39] <d_m> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:30:40] <clockwork> D_M: 18:7+11
[22:30:43] <d_m> 18 damage, Ibram.
[22:30:48] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hULJu2mcU6s
[22:30:56] <solaire> <ibram> "Gnrgh."
[22:31:28] <d_m> The first guy appears in the main entrance to the south.
[22:31:44] <d_m> Acadia, Miriam is at 10'.
[22:31:50] <acadia> Pounce!
[22:31:58] <d_m> Roger. Roll it.
[22:32:06] <vargas> "I got the door."
[22:32:19] <serribon> (did I resolve that touch attack with violence?)
[22:32:26] <d_m> No, just coming back to you, sir.
[22:32:30] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+18
[22:32:30] <clockwork> Acadia: 24:6+18
[22:32:37] <d_m> Your attack lands. Touch attack:
[22:32:38] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+18
[22:32:38] <clockwork> Acadia: 34:16+18
[22:32:45] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4
[22:32:45] <clockwork> D_M: 15:11+4
[22:32:49] <d_m> Vs Touch AC.
[22:32:59] <acadia> (lack dex?)
[22:33:01] <serribon> nope
[22:33:20] <d_m> Miss! Nice touch AC!
[22:33:21] <acadia> (Ohh nvm)
[22:33:31] <d_m> Acadia, meanwhile...
[22:33:36] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16
[22:33:36] <clockwork> Acadia: 23:7+16
[22:33:41] <acadia> (claw, claw, bite)
[22:33:43] <d_m> All misses.
[22:33:53] <acadia> Gr.
[22:33:54] <d_m> ,roll 2d6
[22:33:55] <clockwork> D_M: 7
[22:34:08] <acadia> Petite attacks. Charge?
[22:34:19] <d_m> And somehow, Miriam appears to be back to full health. Petite has just enough space to charge.
[22:34:46] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+20
[22:34:46] <clockwork> Acadia: 33:13+20
[22:35:06] <acadia> Sigh.
[22:35:08] <d_m> No dice. She seems to be standing on his snout all of a suddenn.
[22:35:14] <d_m> Vargas, go.
[22:35:18] <vargas> ,roll 1d10
[22:35:18] <d_m> Magnus, you're after Vargas.
[22:35:18] <clockwork> Vargas: 8
[22:35:21] * Vargas casts Wall of Stone, and creates a double reinforced barrier around it to keep the warriors at bay a little bit longer.
[22:35:35] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/wall-of-stone
[22:37:15] |<-->
[22:37:16] <d_m> Vargas raises his arms, and raises his voice, in wizardly fashion, and through the stone floor bursts a wall of stone, shooting up into the air, blotting out the doorway.
[22:37:27] <d_m> (Just my backup. no worries.)
[22:37:28] -->| Ancient (~Ancient@ip98-166-217-172.hr.hr.cox.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[22:37:30] * Magnus_ reaches to Miriam and casts Dispel Evil upon her. (Give me something to dispel. :) )
[22:37:31] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-evil
[22:37:39] =-= Ancient is now known as D__M
[22:38:29] <d_m> Magnus, you cast the spell and attempt the touch. Roll a touch attack. You can use your mace if you like, so as to avoid "unarmed" Aoo.
[22:38:34] <d_m> Basically, you can put the touch spell into your mace.
[22:38:46] <d_m> If you beat the touch DC, even if you don't do damage, your spell still discharges.
[22:38:56] <magnus_> (sorry for interupting, V)
[22:39:07] <vargas> (no prob dude)
[22:39:26] <d_m> You're good, Magnus. Right on time.
[22:39:40] <magnus_> ng the mace then.
[22:39:40] <magnus_> er...using the mace then.
[22:39:41] <d_m> Roll your attack, Magnus, as you cross the gap and try to attack her.
[22:40:13] <d_m> You are between the gator and the Tiger. It's weird company. Ibram is behind you, struggling to rise while clutching one hand to his eye.
[22:41:24] <magnus_> (lets see..BAB+str+what?)
[22:41:39] <d_m> To attack? d20+BAB+STR+magic boni
[22:41:46] <d_m> which should amount to +2 for you, right now.
[22:41:55] <magnus_> (It's a MW heavy mace)
[22:42:03] <d_m> (Yeah, +1 for MW, +1 haste)
[22:42:26] <d_m> You can use your real mace if you prefer, which is still +1, but also has cold, I believe.
[22:42:35] <d_m> Either way, go ahead and lay some dice down for us.
[22:42:45] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+12
[22:42:46] <clockwork> Magnus_: 25:13+12
[22:43:17] <d_m> Touch!
[22:43:43] <serribon> (but does it have the power?)
[22:44:27] <d_m> It has the power to dispel one spell she cast upon herself. Well done, Magnus.
[22:44:35] <d_m> It's not everything, but it's somethingt.
[22:44:37] <d_m> Meanwhile...
[22:44:48] <d_m> Ibram!
[22:44:58] <solaire> Where is she in relation to ibram
[22:45:05] <serribon> On your chest
[22:45:08] <d_m> You are able to rise to your feet with one move action.
[22:45:11] <d_m> (Nega.)
[22:45:28] <serribon> (oh, she backflipped away using Petite as a springboard)
[22:45:31] <d_m> Looking around, you find that Magnus is between you and Miriam. You can attempt to lunge through the gap, or do something else.
[22:45:52] <solaire> <ibram> *will try to pass through magnus, because friendly squares and all, and try to take her down*
[22:45:57] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[22:45:57] <clockwork> Solaire: 19:2+17
[22:46:01] <d_m> Roger. 5 foot step to full attack.
[22:46:03] <d_m> You are hasted.
[22:46:07] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[22:46:07] <clockwork> Solaire: 27:10+17
[22:46:09] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+12
[22:46:10] <clockwork> Solaire: 17:5+12
[22:46:14] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+7
[22:46:14] <clockwork> Solaire: 22:15+7
[22:46:48] <d_m> Your wounded eye makes it nigh impossible to get a bead on her. You may not be able to get the eye back easily, but if you could at least get the bleeding to stop, and the pain...
[22:47:12] <d_m> Serribon, one retreated, but the other one stayed, bravely, and kept a charged spell on his hand.
[22:47:20] <d_m> That said, it means that he remains adjacent to you on your turn.
[22:47:44] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+19
[22:47:45] <clockwork> Serribon: 26:7+19
[22:48:10] <serribon> Hit?
[22:48:19] <d_m> Hit. Remember, this guy is unwounded.
[22:48:30] <d_m> You dropped the wounded one, leaving two.
[22:48:35] <serribon> I AoO'd him unless he has ridiculous armor
[22:48:38] <d_m> One of which stayed, while the other ran.
[22:48:40] <d_m> Oh, true.
[22:48:44] <d_m> Roll damage.
[22:49:15] <serribon> (10:25:33 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 16:5+11
[22:49:31] <d_m> Copy. damage from this hit, i mean.
[22:49:38] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:49:39] <clockwork> Serribon: 20:9+11
[22:50:09] <serribon> Dropped?
[22:50:26] <d_m> Not quite.
[22:50:32] <serribon> Damn.
[22:50:36] <d_m> It has generally taken three with these guys.
[22:50:47] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+14
[22:50:48] <clockwork> Serribon: 21:7+14
[22:50:55] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+9
[22:50:56] <clockwork> Serribon: 21:12+9
[22:51:01] <vargas> (what's the grouping on Serribon's marks?)
[22:51:17] <serribon> (One adjacent, one fled towards the general scrum, I think)
[22:51:27] <d_m> Correct.
[22:51:29] <serribon> (to cover Miriam)
[22:51:44] <d_m> Vargas, roll your damage, but this should take him apart.
[22:51:49] <d_m> Vargas, GUPCs.
[22:51:58] <d_m> Ahem, Serri, roll damage.
[22:51:59] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+20 (PERC)
[22:51:59] <clockwork> Vargas, (PERC): 40:20+20
[22:52:00] <d_m> Vargas, roll GUPC.
[22:52:13] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:52:13] <clockwork> Serribon: 15:4+11
[22:52:15] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[22:52:16] <clockwork> Serribon: 18:7+11
[22:52:18] <d_m> Vargas's eyeballs pop out of his head, take a trip about the room in bullet time, and then reset themselves.
[22:52:28] <d_m> Disemboweled, Serribon.
[22:52:36] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+2
[22:52:36] <clockwork> Solaire: 9:7+2
[22:53:49] <d_m> Vargas, you catch a crackle in the air, and spot the enemy wizard teleporting into the arena with two buddies. This is due west of you, about fifteen feet. The General Scrum is southwest of you, about twenty five feet. Serribon is south of you, about twenty-five feet. Miriam is on the move...
[22:54:38] <vargas> (Ibram, Acadia, Magnus, and Petite are all clustered?)
[22:55:05] <d_m> Yes. Miriam is departing the cluster now:
[22:55:07] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[22:55:08] <clockwork> D_M: 41:17+24
[22:55:11] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[22:55:11] <clockwork> D_M: 38:14+24
[22:55:15] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[22:55:15] <clockwork> D_M: 38:14+24
[22:55:23] <d_m> And she's out, moving toward Serribon.
[22:55:37] <vargas> "Teams, prepare for drop! Serribon, take evasive action!"
[22:55:47] <solaire> <ibram> ".... what?"
[22:55:50] <d_m> Serribon, charge attack--she goes for your weapon!
[22:55:55] <d_m> AoO, Serriberri.
[22:56:04] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[22:56:04] <clockwork> Serribon: 23:2+21
[22:56:10] <serribon> (er, -2. damn)
[22:56:15] <d_m> Vargas, roll INT.
[22:56:42] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+6 (Need to check if heroism applies to ability checks)
[22:56:42] <d_m> No joy. She slips in and hammers into your grip on Power Violence.
[22:56:43] <clockwork> Vargas, (Need to check if heroism applies to ability checks): 20:14+6
[22:56:59] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24 (disarm)
[22:57:00] <clockwork> D_M, (disarm): 26:2+24
[22:57:06] <d_m> !! Yes? No?
[22:57:09] <d_m> Vs CMD.
[22:57:45] <solaire> (No way with the grease bonus)
[22:57:48] <d_m> Vargas, so far, most of what you have seen is abilities you recognize of Miriam. She is fighting exactly as you would expect Miriam to fight. No major surprises.
[22:57:49] <vargas> (Does PV's enchancement bonus apply to disarm defense? (if it even matters))
[22:57:52] <serribon> Negatory. CMD is 30
[22:57:53] <d_m> Grease vs Grapple only.
[22:58:40] <d_m> Today it doesn't matter. You retain hold of your weapon. Miriam is adjacent.
[22:58:59] <serribon> (roger)
[22:59:04] <d_m> Acadia, it's your turn, but Vargas just said "Prepare for drop," whatever that means.
[22:59:17] <vargas> (I.E. wait for me)
[22:59:27] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+16 perc
[22:59:40] <d_m> You heard it, and you see Vargas running toward you.
[23:00:04] * Acadia reserves action for orders.
[23:00:09] <d_m> Acadia delays.
[23:00:11] <d_m> Vargas, go.
[23:00:14] <solaire> <ibram> "I need everything you have, people."
[23:00:19] <acadia> Does Petite delay with?
[23:00:30] <d_m> Petite has lost his target. He's looking to you.
[23:00:56] * Vargas charges Ibram, Magnus, Acadia, and Petite. His arms are spread. "Kill the wizard!" He skids to a stop between all of you where Miriam once stood.
[23:01:06] <d_m> Action, Vargas?
[23:01:28] * Vargas will speak one word, "Azakadahm" and transport them all next to the enemy wizard.
[23:01:34] <d_m> THUMP.
[23:01:50] <d_m> You all appear in close contact with the enemy wizard and his two cohorts.
[23:02:02] <serribon> (well, most of us)
[23:02:03] <d_m> Acadia, you may go at any time. Magnus, go. Ibram, go.
[23:02:08] * Magnus_ sings and evokes Prayer upon the area as his shield glows a brilliant blue.
[23:02:10] <magnus_> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/prayer
[23:02:11] <d_m> Yes, the three relevant.
[23:02:26] <d_m> Vargas, confirm that Petite is NOt transported. Large animal does not fit?
[23:02:42] * Acadia casts baleful polymorph on the wizard.
[23:02:46] <acadia> DC 19 fort
[23:02:50] <vargas> (I can carry 4 mediums. I think Petite can't come)
[23:02:58] <d_m> Yeah, not quite.
[23:03:01] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4 FORT
[23:03:01] <clockwork> D_M, FORT: 19:15+4
[23:03:03] <vargas> (2 mediums, 1 large)
[23:03:05] <d_m> the wizard saves!
[23:03:23] <d_m> You transported exactly that.
[23:03:30] <d_m> Magnus, you are adjacent to the wizard. Ibram, you are as well.
[23:03:34] <acadia> Petite attacks
[23:03:36] <serribon> (Mags isn't Large. Just a big Medium)
[23:03:39] <d_m> Acadia, Petite did not come.
[23:03:46] <vargas> (Acadia is large)
[23:03:47] <acadia> Oh I thought he was the large, my bad.
[23:03:47] <serribon> He can help me
[23:03:53] <d_m> YOU were the large.
[23:04:02] <serribon> (right. tiger)
[23:04:05] <acadia> lol. Oh yeah. I forget myself sometimes.
[23:04:06] <d_m> Petite is looking around, trying to figure out where to go.
[23:04:11] <d_m> He starts toward Serribon.
[23:04:22] <d_m> Magnus, Ibram, your attacks, if you want them.
[23:05:26] <d_m> Serribon, you, meanwhile, are adjacent to Miriam. Queue it up.
[23:06:04] <serribon> (my FE bonuses still don't apply, right?)
[23:06:09] <d_m> Correct.
[23:06:17] <magnus_> (There is no saving throw against Prayer)
[23:06:36] <d_m> Magnus, launching prayer now? You're adjacent to the enemy wizard at this instant.
[23:06:47] <solaire> Ibram will continue to try for the 20
[23:06:50] * Magnus_ lays in a volley of attacks to the mage with his mace.
[23:06:51] <magnus_> (+2 for flank?)
[23:06:55] <d_m> No flank.
[23:06:57] <d_m> Regular.
[23:07:00] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[23:07:01] <clockwork> Solaire: 31:14+17
[23:07:05] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+12
[23:07:06] <clockwork> Solaire: 16:4+12
[23:07:08] <magnus_> ,roll 1d20+12
[23:07:08] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+7
[23:07:08] <clockwork> Magnus_: 28:16+12
[23:07:08] <clockwork> Solaire: 23:16+7
[23:07:13] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+17
[23:07:13] <clockwork> Solaire: 32:15+17
[23:07:45] <d_m> Ibram, all hits. Magnus, hit.
[23:08:03] <solaire> ?
[23:08:07] <acadia> (brb, puppy potty)
[23:08:18] <solaire> ,roll 4d8+40
[23:08:18] <d_m> Magnus, roll your second attack at -5 for full attack action.
[23:08:19] <clockwork> Solaire: 55:15+40
[23:08:31] <serribon> (and remember extra full-bonus attack for haste)
[23:08:36] <d_m> That too!
[23:08:51] <d_m> Magnus, roll one more "first" attack and one second attack.
[23:08:59] <d_m> Serribon, go to work.
[23:09:56] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:09:56] <clockwork> Serribon: 39:18+21
[23:10:08] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16
[23:10:09] <clockwork> Serribon: 32:16+16
[23:10:14] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+11
[23:10:14] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:19+11
[23:10:17] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:10:18] <clockwork> Serribon: 24:3+21
[23:10:25] <serribon> ,roll 1d6+1d6
[23:10:25] <clockwork> Serribon: 6:4+2
[23:10:34] <serribon> 39, 32, 30, 38
[23:10:51] <d_m> put the AP on the first one. that one hits with the +4
[23:10:52] <serribon> er, 28
[23:11:07] <acadia> (returned)
[23:11:25] <serribon> (How does she have 40+ ac?)
[23:11:39] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+12 (Magnus haste)
[23:11:40] <clockwork> D_M, (Magnus haste): 15:3+12
[23:11:47] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+7 (magnus 2nd)
[23:11:47] <clockwork> D_M, (magnus 2nd): 10:3+7
[23:11:50] <d_m> one more hit.
[23:11:56] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11 (damage)
[23:11:56] <clockwork> Serribon, (damage): 18:7+11
[23:12:15] <d_m> ,roll 2d8+10+2d6
[23:12:15] <clockwork> D_M: 33:12+10+11
[23:12:30] <d_m> If anyone has comms with Magnus, please apologize, but I had to get that done.
[23:12:39] <d_m> He and Ibram finish off the wizard poste-haste.
[23:12:46] <magnus_> (it's what I wanted)
[23:12:50] <d_m> Roger.
[23:13:04] <d_m> Serribon: Epic maths.
[23:13:16] <d_m> Miriam returns fire.
[23:14:18] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+23
[23:14:18] <clockwork> D_M: 37:14+23
[23:14:21] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:14:22] <clockwork> Serribon: 3
[23:14:24] <d_m> Hit?
[23:14:42] <serribon> AC 24
[23:14:44] <d_m> ,roll 1d10+11 (roll Fort vs Stun)
[23:14:45] <clockwork> D_M, (roll Fort vs Stun): 16:5+11
[23:14:57] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+15
[23:14:57] <clockwork> Serribon: 35:20+15
[23:15:06] <vargas> (hahaha)
[23:15:07] <d_m> YEah, no stun for you.
[23:15:13] <vargas> (The Caiman says screw your stunning fist)
[23:15:32] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+23
[23:15:33] <clockwork> D_M: 39:16+23
[23:15:35] <serribon> (woulda been more impressive if *Vargas* hadn't shrugged one off already)
[23:15:35] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+23
[23:15:36] <clockwork> D_M: 36:13+23
[23:15:38] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:15:38] <clockwork> Serribon: 5
[23:15:40] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+18
[23:15:41] <clockwork> D_M: 38:20+18
[23:15:41] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:15:41] <clockwork> Serribon: 5
[23:15:44] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:15:45] <clockwork> Serribon: 1
[23:15:50] <d_m> !!!!
[23:15:51] <serribon> At least that crit missed
[23:16:01] * D_M dies laughing.
[23:16:07] <d_m> ,roll 2d10+22
[23:16:07] <clockwork> D_M: 32:10+22
[23:16:26] <serribon> Roger
[23:16:30] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+13
[23:16:30] <clockwork> D_M: 16:3+13
[23:16:32] <d_m> And a miss.
[23:17:01] <d_m> Miriam delivers a furious assault against Serribon's defenses. She is, apparently, trying to kill him outright.
[23:17:29] <solaire> <ibram> "We're leaving. Leave her. Fuck this."
[23:17:31] <d_m> The last remaining acolyte hangs out on the fringes south of Miriam, trying to figure out what to do.
[23:17:47] <d_m> Meanwhile, the two soldiers who teleported in spread out, using withdraw actions, and start moving toward Miriam.
[23:18:01] <serribon> "Nice to see you again, too." *spits blood*
[23:18:17] <vargas> "Don't let them divide us!"
[23:18:19] <d_m> "Mmm, you are making this harder than it has to be," says Miriam.
[23:18:42] <vargas> "One more try, Ibram."
[23:18:53] <solaire> <ibram> "We're losing."
[23:18:59] <vargas> "I know that."
[23:20:17] <vargas> (turn?)
[23:20:38] <d_m> Acadia, there are two soldiers running south to reinforce Miriam. You can intercept them, though, or launch spells.
[23:21:01] <vargas> (you want to prevent Miriam from getting flank at all costs)
[23:21:04] <serribon> (didn't somebody summon a lightning storm earlier?)
[23:21:19] <d_m> (Lightning storm allows acadia to drop bolts as a standard action.)
[23:21:20] <acadia> (It's still up.)
[23:21:28] <d_m> Vargas, you're after Acadia.
[23:21:31] <vargas> (oh wait, she can never flank Serribon anyways. Blur. Good to remember)
[23:21:53] <serribon> (well, more like imp. uncanny dodge)
[23:21:59] <d_m> Teehee.
[23:21:59] <serribon> (but that works, too)
[23:22:08] <d_m> Serribon is extra-unflankable.
[23:22:15] <acadia> Ibram needs a heel?
[23:22:17] <d_m> Acadia, action?
[23:22:19] <d_m> he does.
[23:22:20] <serribon> "You know me better than that. This is exactly as hard as it has to be."
[23:22:41] * Acadia casts cure serious on Ibram
[23:23:04] <acadia> http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/cureSeriousWounds.html
[23:23:10] <acadia> ,roll 3d8
[23:23:10] <clockwork> Acadia: 7
[23:23:13] <d_m> Roll it, Acadia.
[23:23:16] <d_m> Don't forget your +x
[23:23:34] <acadia> (sorry, +7)
[23:23:51] <d_m> No, you are level 10. So 7+10
[23:24:04] <acadia> I have the tattoo, set at lv 7
[23:24:09] <d_m> Oooh, k.
[23:24:36] <d_m> ibram, you are healed 14 damage. The bleeding and pain in your eye are curtailed. You are still -2, though, for loss of stereoscopy.
[23:24:59] <vargas> ,roll 1d10
[23:25:00] <clockwork> Vargas: 2
[23:25:04] * Vargas takes a deep breath, and channels the power of his ring. He speaks commands with the draconic words of undoing. He reaches out with his fingers and severs magical fibers with a word and a pluck.
[23:25:08] <vargas> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-magic#TOC-Dispel-Magic-Greater
[23:25:16] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+12
[23:25:16] <clockwork> Vargas: 26:14+12
[23:25:29] <vargas> AP.
[23:25:30] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAga2AjfZlg Let's lighten this shit up
[23:25:41] <vargas> ,roll 1d6
[23:25:41] <clockwork> Vargas: 1
[23:25:42] <vargas> ,roll 1d6
[23:25:43] <clockwork> Vargas: 5
[23:25:59] <vargas> That will dispel up to 4 spells. With a CL of the spell up to 20.
[23:26:17] <vargas> (dispel nuke, baby)
[23:27:06] <d_m> WHAM.
[23:27:06] <vargas> (sorry, up to 3)
[23:27:17] <d_m> You feel some stuff dispel.
[23:27:33] <d_m> Miriam feels it, too, and glares at Vargas.
[23:27:36] <vargas> "I have broken her magics, now is our chance!"
[23:27:57] <solaire> (I think the god hand music worked)
[23:28:38] <d_m> "Fix this, you little twat!" Miriam shouts at the acolyte.
[23:28:47] <d_m> The acolyte takes his delayed turn to cast a spell.
[23:28:48] <solaire> <ibram> "I'll fix -you-"
[23:28:54] <vargas> "Ibram, we'll ever get a another chance! Team, kill that acolyte now!"
[23:29:01] <vargas> "NO MERCY!"
[23:29:46] <serribon> (man, how did we miss that - you take down the prot generators *before* you drop the boss's shields)
[23:30:03] <d_m> Magnus, your go.
[23:30:04] <vargas> (We've been killing them the whole time.)
[23:30:07] <vargas> (Too many)
[23:30:23] <d_m> Miriam is about 80 feet south, with two soldiers about to reach her position and reinforce her.
[23:30:54] <d_m> Magnus, you begin a summons.
[23:31:04] <d_m> Ibram, your go.
[23:31:41] <serribon> "Language, young lady."
[23:31:46] <solaire> How far is she?
[23:32:02] <d_m> 80 feet. With haste, you can get there on a charge, but you won't have flank from this direction.
[23:32:27] <solaire> Fuck flank I get my bonuus with charge
[23:32:33] <d_m> Truth.
[23:32:34] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:32:34] <clockwork> Solaire: 36:15+21
[23:32:39] <solaire> ap?
[23:32:43] <d_m> Hit, actually.
[23:32:51] <d_m> Vargas seriously nuked her.
[23:32:53] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+10
[23:32:54] <clockwork> Solaire: 18:8+10
[23:33:03] <solaire> <ibram> *sticks her right in the hurty spot*
[23:33:14] <vargas> (That greater dispel rocked the house)
[23:33:34] <d_m> Miriam struggles, realizing she just lost some advantage.
[23:33:40] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgXvmtI_ug gurl you done now
[23:33:59] <solaire> (That anime is ridic everyone should watch it)
[23:34:02] <d_m> Serribon, the gator arrives, providing you a flank bonus.
[23:34:24] <vargas> (great show. So racist. =P Well, in a cheesy stereotype way)
[23:34:40] <serribon> (my go?)
[23:34:45] <d_m> Yup.
[23:34:54] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[23:34:54] <clockwork> Serribon: 40:17+23
[23:34:57] <d_m> Hit.
[23:34:59] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+18
[23:35:00] <clockwork> Serribon: 24:6+18
[23:35:02] <d_m> Miss.
[23:35:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13
[23:35:07] <clockwork> Serribon: 26:13+13
[23:35:09] <d_m> Miss.
[23:35:11] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[23:35:12] <clockwork> Serribon: 33:10+23
[23:35:15] <d_m> Hit.
[23:35:25] <serribon> ,roll 2d10+25
[23:35:26] <clockwork> Serribon: 35:10+25
[23:36:05] <d_m> Miriam curses as blows start to land. She makes a move action out, or tries too...
[23:36:14] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:36:14] <clockwork> D_M: 44:20+24
[23:36:18] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:36:19] <clockwork> D_M: 40:16+24
[23:36:50] <d_m> Escapes, drawing a wand on the run. She gives herself a zap. Meanwhile, her last remaining acolyte comes after her with a healing spell.
[23:36:57] <d_m> ,roll 3d6+5
[23:36:58] <clockwork> D_M: 15:10+5
[23:37:01] <d_m> ,roll 2d6
[23:37:02] <clockwork> D_M: 5
[23:37:30] <d_m> The soldiers arrive and attack Serribon and Ibram from behind.
[23:37:45] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+15 Serribon
[23:37:46] <clockwork> D_M, Serribon: 30:15+15
[23:37:49] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+15 Ibram
[23:37:49] <clockwork> D_M, Ibram: 19:4+15
[23:37:51] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:37:51] <clockwork> Serribon: 1
[23:37:55] <serribon> Nuupe
[23:37:55] <vargas> (Who is with me, Acadia and Magnus?)
[23:37:56] <d_m> Both miss.
[23:38:06] <d_m> Vargas, affirmative.
[23:38:06] <serribon> (yeah)
[23:38:25] <d_m> Acadia, your go, and Petite's.
[23:38:27] <vargas> "Magnus, call your spirit next to the acolyte!"
[23:38:36] <vargas> "Acadia, Petite, kill the acolyte!"
[23:38:42] <acadia> Where is Petite?
[23:38:43] <d_m> Petite will chase and attack Miriam unless you tell him otherwise.
[23:38:54] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlztMvvNkk
[23:38:58] <serribon> (Over here with me and Ibram)
[23:39:03] <d_m> Petite is down south with Ibram and Serribon. It takes a Handle Animal action to redirect him.l
[23:39:28] <serribon> (heh. nice choice)
[23:39:40] <d_m> Acadia, do you use your round to redirect Petite?
[23:39:42] <acadia> Free action to handle companion, so I'll tell him to go after the acolyte, if he's in range
[23:39:46] <d_m> Oh ho!
[23:39:47] <d_m> Nice.
[23:39:55] <acadia> I call lightning on the acolyte
[23:39:55] <d_m> (She knows her sheet! I'm so proud.)
[23:40:03] <acadia> ,roll 5d6
[23:40:04] <clockwork> Acadia: 14
[23:40:05] <d_m> He can target the acolyte instead, Acadia. Charge attack.
[23:40:14] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+18
[23:40:15] <clockwork> Acadia: 21:3+18
[23:40:20] <d_m> Roger, Acadia. DC on lightning?
[23:40:25] <d_m> Hit on the acolyte.
[23:40:36] <acadia> 19
[23:40:47] <acadia> ,roll 2d6+10 P damage
[23:40:47] <clockwork> Acadia, P damage: 15:5+10
[23:41:09] <d_m> A solid bite.
[23:41:13] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+4 Ref
[23:41:14] <clockwork> D_M, Ref: 17:13+4
[23:41:25] <d_m> fail. Two solid hits. The acolyte is heavily smote.
[23:41:27] <d_m> Vargas.
[23:41:29] <vargas> ,roll 1d10
[23:41:30] <clockwork> Vargas: 8
[23:41:32] * Vargas moves closer to the team, he casts a new Haste to refresh the old one.
[23:41:45] <vargas> (actually, hold until Magnus's spirit apperas)
[23:41:46] <d_m> Magnus, go.
[23:41:50] <d_m> ok.
[23:42:06] <d_m> Magnus, your spirit appears in the vicinity of the two soldiers who are engaging Serri and Ibram.
[23:42:36] <solaire> http://25.media.tumblr.com/bb77c29fe56f8876493eb50fcbfde24f/tumblr_mnft9pMQbd1s4qvrdo1_500.jpg Attack on titan adorable
[23:42:37] <serribon> What did you call up?
[23:42:37] * Vargas grants his champions a new Haste!
[23:42:44] <vargas> (Hound archon!)
[23:43:00] <d_m> Hound Archon appears. Vargas, you will run it in Magnus's absence.
[23:43:14] <vargas> (ok)
[23:43:18] * Vargas moves closer to the team, he casts a new Haste to refresh the old one.
[23:43:21] <vargas> oops
[23:43:25] <d_m> Magnus moves with you, Vargas, and you get the team in range of a haste, minus Petite, who is once again off doing his own thing.
[23:43:30] <vargas> www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/archon/hound-archon
[23:43:59] <vargas> Will saves for all in 20 ft radius of the hound
[23:44:04] <magnus_> (Vargas got it)
[23:44:09] <vargas> dc 16
[23:44:30] <vargas> It will attack the acolyte (ok?)
[23:44:42] <serribon> (think acolyte is smote)
[23:44:50] <vargas> (is it dead?)
[23:44:53] <d_m> Hound has to move substantially to reach the acolyte. The acolyte is still alive at the moment.
[23:45:04] <vargas> (it charges then)
[23:45:07] <serribon> (did Petite grab it?)
[23:45:12] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5 (soldier will)
[23:45:12] <clockwork> D_M, (soldier will): 17:12+5
[23:45:18] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+5 (soldier will)
[23:45:19] <clockwork> D_M, (soldier will): 11:6+5
[23:45:21] <d_m> One fails.
[23:45:22] <acadia> (I thought he was down, can I roll grab?)
[23:45:28] <d_m> You can roll grab.
[23:45:35] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+20 grab
[23:45:36] <clockwork> Acadia, grab: 25:5+20
[23:45:38] <d_m> hit.
[23:45:53] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+12 (charge acolyte)
[23:45:54] <clockwork> Vargas, (charge acolyte): 23:11+12
[23:45:57] <d_m> Magnus, if you have an action of your own, post at any time.
[23:46:07] <d_m> Hit, Vargas.
[23:46:12] <vargas> ,roll 2d6+3 (g-sword)
[23:46:12] <clockwork> Vargas, (g-sword): 9:6+3
[23:46:28] <d_m> Still alive, but last legs.
[23:46:43] <d_m> Serribon, roll a heal moderate wounds.
[23:47:01] <serribon> What's that one?
[23:47:16] <vargas> (2d8+X?)
[23:47:25] <d_m> 2d8+10 from Mags.
[23:47:41] <serribon> ,roll 2d8+10
[23:47:41] <clockwork> Serribon: 19:9+10
[23:48:34] <d_m> Ibram and Serribon, Miriam is 20 feet away from you to the south, adjacent to a large gator. You two, meanwhile, have five feet between you, and each of you has a soldier attacking you from the north (adjacent).
[23:48:48] <d_m> The hound archon is also down south by Miriam.
[23:49:03] <d_m> Ibram, go. Then Serri.
[23:49:15] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-8gwx71B0U
[23:49:36] <solaire> 5 foot from soldier then bum rush miriam again
[23:49:39] <serribon> "After her. I can hold these chumps."
[23:49:45] <d_m> Can't combine move actions, Ibram.
[23:49:46] <serribon> (can't 5' and move)
[23:49:48] <d_m> But you can soak an AoO.
[23:49:52] <solaire> oh? Then fuck it aoo
[23:49:58] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+15
[23:49:58] <clockwork> D_M: 26:11+15
[23:50:00] <d_m> Bounce.
[23:50:03] <solaire> ,roll d20+23
[23:50:04] <clockwork> Solaire: 42:19+23
[23:50:05] <solaire> ,roll d20+23
[23:50:06] <clockwork> Solaire: 38:15+23
[23:50:15] <d_m> Hit hit
[23:50:18] <solaire> <ibram> *spikes his sword into Miriam's back&*
[23:50:18] <vargas> (crit!)
[23:50:24] <d_m> Truth.
[23:50:27] <solaire> ,roll 2d8+20
[23:50:28] <clockwork> Solaire: 24:4+20
[23:50:44] <solaire> (this music is cool)
[23:50:46] <serribon> dang
[23:51:08] <d_m> Serribon?
[23:51:50] * Serribon splits fire on the chumps
[23:51:55] <d_m> Roger.
[23:51:57] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:51:57] <clockwork> Serribon: 41:20+21
[23:52:00] <d_m> Threat.
[23:52:00] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:52:01] <clockwork> Serribon: 28:7+21
[23:52:04] <d_m> Crit.
[23:52:13] <serribon> ,roll 3d10+33
[23:52:13] <clockwork> Serribon: 59:26+33
[23:52:16] <d_m> Still up.
[23:52:20] <d_m> But rocked!
[23:52:30] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+16
[23:52:30] <clockwork> Serribon: 17:1+16
[23:52:33] <d_m> Heh.
[23:52:35] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+11
[23:52:36] <clockwork> Serribon: 17:6+11
[23:52:39] <d_m> Misses.
[23:52:43] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+21
[23:52:43] <clockwork> Serribon: 29:8+21
[23:52:45] <d_m> Hit.
[23:52:53] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[23:52:53] <clockwork> Serribon: 14:3+11
[23:53:16] <d_m> Still up. These fighters are burly. Killable, but tough. It's a good thing they weren't able to swarm the show.
[23:53:47] <d_m> Miriam once again feels cornered. She sees serribon's back and goes for that.
[23:53:49] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:53:50] <clockwork> D_M: 28:4+24
[23:53:51] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:53:52] <clockwork> D_M: 34:10+24
[23:53:54] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:53:55] <clockwork> D_M: 41:17+24
[23:54:05] <vargas> (wait)
[23:54:11] <d_m> Yo?
[23:54:11] <vargas> (She's not even adjacent to him?)
[23:54:13] <serribon> (she ran away from us, didn't she?)
[23:54:21] <d_m> Yeah, she's just trying to escape the other three, first.
[23:54:26] <vargas> (oooh)
[23:54:28] <vargas> (sorry)
[23:54:33] <d_m> I was about to ask, does 28 beat Petite's CMD?
[23:54:53] <acadia> Aww, just
[23:55:02] <d_m> All right, she slips out.
[23:55:03] <acadia> Wait, is he greased still?
[23:55:08] <d_m> Grease doesn't matter.
[23:55:12] <acadia> Oh right.
[23:55:13] <d_m> Only applies to grapples.
[23:55:16] <d_m> She flanks Serribon.
[23:55:23] <acadia> Right, right.
[23:55:27] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+25
[23:55:28] <clockwork> D_M: 40:15+25
[23:55:31] <vargas> (remember, no SA bonus)
[23:55:45] <d_m> ,roll 1d10+11 and roll fort vs stun
[23:55:46] <clockwork> D_M, and roll fort vs stun: 12:1+11
[23:55:46] <serribon> (AoO for entering threatened square?)
[23:55:54] <d_m> oh yeah, let's see...
[23:55:56] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[23:55:56] <clockwork> D_M: 42:18+24
[23:55:58] <d_m> Nope.
[23:56:02] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:56:02] <clockwork> Serribon: 5
[23:56:13] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+15
[23:56:14] <clockwork> Serribon: 34:19+15
[23:56:18] <serribon> (fort)
[23:56:27] <d_m> No stun today. He is very tough! Annoyingly tough.
[23:57:12] <d_m> The soldiers, meanwhile, gang up on Serribon.
[23:57:15] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+15
[23:57:15] <clockwork> D_M: 21:6+15
[23:57:17] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+10
[23:57:18] <clockwork> D_M: 20:10+10
[23:57:20] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+15
[23:57:20] <clockwork> D_M: 31:16+15
[23:57:22] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+10
[23:57:23] <clockwork> D_M: 27:17+10
[23:57:24] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:57:25] <clockwork> Serribon: 2
[23:57:27] <serribon> ,roll 1d5
[23:57:28] <clockwork> Serribon: 1
[23:57:30] <d_m> Aw!
[23:57:32] <serribon> next-to-last
[23:57:37] <d_m> ,roll 1d8+6
[23:57:38] <clockwork> D_M: 11:5+6
[23:58:01] <vargas> (Everyone, how is your HP?)
[23:58:03] <d_m> Acadia, go.
[23:58:08] <acadia> (Good to go)
[23:58:09] <solaire> Fine)
[23:58:11] <acadia> Petite death rolls
[23:58:14] <vargas> (Call out if you need a heal)
[23:58:20] <acadia> Wait, do I need to confirm grapple first?
[23:58:25] <d_m> roll grapple+5, Petite.
[23:58:33] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+25
[23:58:33] <clockwork> Acadia: 37:12+25
[23:58:34] <serribon> (about half, little bette)
[23:58:39] <d_m> Hit. Roll bite damage.
[23:59:01] <acadia> ,roll 2d6+10
[23:59:01] <clockwork> Acadia: 16:6+10
[23:59:23] <d_m> Kill.
[23:59:33] * Acadia Dispels at Miriam
[23:59:36] <d_m> acadia, Serribon is surrounded by two soldiers and Miriam, hammering away at him.
[23:59:40] <d_m> Ok.
[23:59:41] <acadia> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-magic
[23:59:45] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+10
[23:59:46] <clockwork> Acadia: 26:16+10
[23:59:53] <d_m> Targeted Dispel, I presume?
[00:00:07] <vargas> (That dispels 1 spell, CL lvl 15 or less)
[00:00:08] <acadia> Yes.
[00:00:28] <d_m> Again with the dispelling! Roger.
[00:00:30] <d_m> Vargas, go.
[00:00:43] <vargas> (Miriam, 2 fighters, correct?)
[00:00:49] <d_m> Yup, and Serribon.
[00:00:59] <d_m> Magnus is moving around the east side for position, but is not in there yet.
[00:01:35] <vargas> I will roll hound archon first.
[00:01:41] <magnus_> I thought Mags was right by Serri, yes?)
[00:01:43] <vargas> He goes after one of the fighters.
[00:01:43] <d_m> Archon goes after you.
[00:01:51] <d_m> Oh, yes, he is, for the heal.
[00:01:51] <vargas> (okay, right0
[00:01:56] <serribon> (she is, yes. I'm surrounded by folks
[00:02:13] <d_m> Vargas, then archon+Magnus.
[00:02:34] <vargas> ,roll 1d10
[00:02:35] <clockwork> Vargas: 4
[00:02:43] * Vargas says, "Dodge this." Magic Missile.
[00:02:53] <vargas> ,roll 5d4+5 (on Mir)
[00:02:54] <clockwork> Vargas, (on Mir): 18:13+5
[00:03:00] <serribon> (<3)>
[00:04:05] <vargas> The Hound Archon moves to strike the fighter that Serribon critted.
[00:04:18] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+10
[00:04:18] <clockwork> Vargas: 11:1+10
[00:04:21] <vargas> (or not)
[00:04:36] <serribon> (*sad trombone*)
[00:04:37] <d_m> For a moment, forcefield shimmers and pulses in the path of Vargas's magic missiles. Miriam's lowest level AC buff, thank you.
[00:04:54] <vargas> (Well that confirms more dispels, thank you)
[00:04:58] <d_m> :-P
[00:05:00] <vargas> "More dispels!"
[00:06:03] <vargas> (maggy's turn)
[00:06:04] <d_m> Magnus, for Slay living, you need to cast it first.
[00:06:13] <d_m> You can cast and touch on this round, risking an AoO.
[00:06:27] <d_m> Or you can cast defensively this round, and touch next round.
[00:07:12] <d_m> Or not cast defensivel, but step back this round and cast, then step in again next round.
[00:07:13] <d_m> Either one.
[00:07:16] <vargas> (I don't even know the defensive casting mod he has to do it in 1 round without AoO)
[00:07:19] <d_m> But you're currently double-threatened.
[00:07:33] <vargas> (I don't know his numbers enough)
[00:07:44] <d_m> Oh, he can't hold it?
[00:07:50] <vargas> (He can hold it.)
[00:07:59] <serribon> (it's clobberin' time)
[00:08:02] <d_m> Ok. Magnus, highly recommend 5 foot back, cast. Come in next round.
[00:08:19] <vargas> (The test is like mine. If he does def casting, he can do it with no aoo and attack. But it's a semi-hard check)
[00:08:29] <vargas> (Magnus tells me he wants to step back)
[00:08:32] <d_m> Ok.
[00:08:35] <d_m> Ibram.
[00:08:44] <d_m> You are 20 feet from Miriam, and can flank her with Serribon.
[00:08:46] <d_m> No charge, but flank.
[00:08:50] <d_m> (Too many bodies in the way.
[00:09:37] <serribon> (lumber in and smack her around a bit)
[00:09:58] <solaire> All right then, in he goes
[00:10:04] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[00:10:04] <clockwork> Solaire: 24:3+21
[00:10:08] <solaire> damn
[00:10:13] <d_m> Miss. She dodges.
[00:10:19] <serribon> (And then *that* happened)
[00:10:24] <d_m> Serribon, your go.
[00:10:41] * Serribon channels his aggression.
[00:10:44] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:10:45] <clockwork> Serribon: 35:12+23
[00:10:55] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+18
[00:10:56] <clockwork> Serribon: 24:6+18
[00:11:01] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13
[00:11:01] <clockwork> Serribon: 19:6+13
[00:11:06] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:11:06] <clockwork> Serribon: 35:12+23
[00:11:10] <d_m> The hits start to land. Hit, miss, miss, hit.
[00:11:23] <serribon> ,roll 2d10+24
[00:11:23] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:6+24
[00:12:38] <d_m> Grrr! her face is saying. This is too much. Even her fighters seem to be useless. Serribon is unflankable, and Ibram is on the wrong side, and Magnus is casting some kind of spell...
[00:12:54] <d_m> Escape again.
[00:12:57] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+24
[00:12:57] <clockwork> D_M: 30:6+24
[00:13:11] <d_m> Serri? I think you might get in a swipe.
[00:13:20] <d_m> Does that beat your CMD?
[00:13:28] <serribon> Just fails. 31
[00:13:34] <d_m> Roger. Take your shot.
[00:13:38] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:13:38] <clockwork> Serribon: 33:10+23
[00:13:44] <d_m> Hit. Just.
[00:13:48] <serribon> "Not so fast, little bird."
[00:13:53] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+13
[00:13:54] <clockwork> Serribon: 23:10+13
[00:14:26] <d_m> Max damage. She staggers, but she slips loose, into the backfield, north side. She goes for Vargas again.
[00:14:33] * Vargas braces.
[00:14:37] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:14:38] <clockwork> D_M: 42:19+23
[00:14:57] <d_m> ,roll 1d10+6
[00:14:57] <clockwork> D_M: 7:1+6
[00:15:08] <d_m> Is your stone skin still up?
[00:15:16] * Vargas takes the blow on his forearm, against. His skin transforms to stone.
[00:15:25] <vargas> (aye. 200 minutes)
[00:15:30] <vargas> (120 dmg worth)
[00:15:34] <d_m> Nice.
[00:15:42] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6c5RZL9Skw&NR=1&feature=endscreen :3
[00:15:54] <d_m> Her two minions break off and follow, using withdraw actions.
[00:16:16] <d_m> Acadia, all three badguys have run toward Vargas.
[00:16:46] <acadia> Flame Strike Miriam, then move to get in the way.
[00:16:48] <acadia> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flame-strike
[00:17:01] <acadia> ,roll 10d6
[00:17:01] <clockwork> Acadia: 40
[00:17:11] <d_m> DC?
[00:17:15] <acadia> 19
[00:17:26] <acadia> Sorry
[00:17:27] <acadia> 18
[00:17:34] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+20 (Evasion)
[00:17:35] <clockwork> D_M, (Evasion): 37:17+20
[00:17:49] <d_m> At least she still has that going for her. She seems to teleport herself out from under the flamestrike.
[00:17:56] <d_m> Petite is giving chase?
[00:17:59] <acadia> Yes
[00:18:01] <d_m> He won't make it on this round, but he can start moving.
[00:18:01] <acadia> Charge?
[00:18:04] <acadia> Okay
[00:18:19] <d_m> Vargas, you are surrounded.
[00:18:27] <d_m> Or partially so.
[00:18:45] <d_m> (One of these days, I won't roll minimum damage against you, V. :-) )
[00:19:17] * Vargas takes a 5' step to get at least Miriam out of melee. He's never certain what trick she might have up her sleeve. Then he uses Dimension Step to return to his allies. (Does not provoke AoO)
[00:19:27] * Vargas bamfs.
[00:20:33] <vargas> (I go to Ib and Ser)
[00:20:53] <d_m> Suddenly, the two sides are separated, and facing off. The two soldiers brace, with Miriam behind them, as all of team Caiman builds up steam toward them.
[00:21:04] <d_m> Miriam looks toward the windows.
[00:21:11] <d_m> Just then...
[00:21:13] <vargas> "Come on, I know you can do it guys!"
[00:21:15] <d_m> Piiiinnnngggg....
[00:21:35] <d_m> Vargas, you feel it more than anyone. A flicker. Familiar, in a long distant way.
[00:21:59] * Vargas goes bug eyed. "It's coming! It's coming!"
[00:22:01] <d_m> You can feel it coming toward you, through time, and space. That first, faint lick of the whump.
[00:22:07] <d_m> Magnus, your turn.
[00:22:16] <d_m> Vargas, GUPC.
[00:22:23] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+20
[00:22:23] <clockwork> Vargas: 25:5+20
[00:22:51] <d_m> She felt it too. Miriam did. Whoever she is, now, it looks like she will be taken "home" with the whump, if you don't stop her.
[00:23:25] <d_m> Magnus has Slay Living on his mace. He can maneuver for a shot.
[00:23:33] <d_m> Ibram, you have two soldiers between you and Miriam.
[00:23:40] <d_m> They are readied against a charge.
[00:23:48] <vargas> (that can't happen boss)
[00:23:54] <vargas> (They used double move to get to me.)
[00:23:57] <vargas> (And surround)
[00:24:05] <vargas> (They'd need another standard to prep a ready)
[00:24:11] <vargas> (And they're on the wrong side)
[00:24:38] <d_m> Ah, you are correct that they don't have enough actions. They do have the position, but are not readied.
[00:24:40] <d_m> Just positioned.
[00:25:33] <solaire> They are?
[00:25:50] <d_m> They are 30 feet north. Miriam is behind them, thinking about escape.
[00:25:55] <serribon> Yeah. set up in a triangle around where V was standing
[00:26:09] <vargas> (Magnus wants to know if he can still take the shot)
[00:26:27] <d_m> Magnus can use his full 70 feet to move in on Miriam and try it.
[00:26:40] <d_m> Or 60'. Hasted motion will get him there.
[00:27:07] <vargas> (He says go for it)
[00:27:13] <solaire> <ibram> *wlll charge the one who is severaly wounded
[00:27:15] <d_m> Roger. Get his roll from him.
[00:27:18] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+21
[00:27:18] <clockwork> Solaire: 37:16+21
[00:27:19] <d_m> Ibram, roll your charge attack.
[00:27:21] <d_m> And damage.
[00:27:30] <solaire> ,roll 1d8+10
[00:27:31] <clockwork> Solaire: 11:1+10
[00:27:43] <d_m> he's on his last legs.
[00:28:00] <d_m> Vargas, can you roll for Magnus's touch attack?
[00:28:02] <acadia> (how high is the ceiling?)
[00:28:32] <vargas> (asking him for his mod)
[00:28:38] <d_m> Twenty-five feet at the outside walls, vaulting to nearly 40 feet in the middle, Acadia.
[00:28:50] <d_m> Serribon, are you charging with Ibram?
[00:28:57] <serribon> Sure
[00:29:05] <d_m> Last Legs is all yours.
[00:29:06] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:29:07] <clockwork> Serribon: 36:13+23
[00:29:15] <serribon> ,roll 1d10+11
[00:29:15] <clockwork> Serribon: 18:7+11
[00:29:15] <d_m> Hit.
[00:29:18] <d_m> Kill.
[00:30:06] <d_m> I've got it, V.
[00:30:12] <d_m> Magnus's touch attack:
[00:30:24] <vargas> (still getting mod out of him)
[00:30:33] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+11
[00:30:34] <clockwork> D_M: 24:13+11
[00:30:53] <d_m> Hits by one.
[00:30:53] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+12 (maggy's slay living)
[00:30:54] <clockwork> Vargas, (maggy's slay living): 28:16+12
[00:31:03] <vargas> (hit?)
[00:31:05] <d_m> Hits by 2, then.
[00:31:17] <vargas> (roll fort)
[00:31:17] <d_m> No mace damage, but the spell goes off.
[00:31:37] -->| Nacho (Mibbit@ppp-70-247-171-3.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #beyondshadowrun
[00:31:43] <d_m> ,roll 1d20+19 (Fort)
[00:31:44] <clockwork> D_M, (Fort): 26:7+19
[00:31:48] <vargas> ,roll 3d6+10
[00:31:48] <clockwork> Vargas: 17:7+10
[00:31:52] |<-->
[00:31:57] <vargas> (Do not half)
[00:31:58] =-= Nacho is now known as Magnus_
[00:32:02] <vargas> (That's the success dmg)
[00:32:07] <d_m> Miriam looks severely hurt, now.
[00:32:10] <vargas> (err, failed dmg)
[00:32:13] <d_m> (i'm tracking.)
[00:32:23] <vargas> (archon?)
[00:32:26] <d_m> Archon!
[00:32:29] <vargas> (We missed an archon turn)
[00:33:00] <d_m> Don't sweat it. Archon's action.
[00:33:05] <vargas> ,roll 1d20+12 (move to attack Miriam)
[00:33:06] <clockwork> Vargas, (move to attack Miriam): 30:18+12
[00:33:17] <vargas> (any good?)
[00:33:19] <d_m> Ah, not quite.
[00:33:26] <vargas> (le sigh)
[00:33:26] <d_m> wait...
[00:33:33] <d_m> Yes. Hit.
[00:33:38] <vargas> ,roll 2d6+3
[00:33:39] <clockwork> Vargas: 14:11+3
[00:35:18] <d_m> This is very frustrating for Miriam. She snarls. "Vargas, you will never be rid of me. I will consume you." And then she makes a withdraw action toward the windows. She clearly has hasted speed on the go.
[00:35:31] <vargas> (Hasn't her boots run out by now?)
[00:35:38] <vargas> (It's been more than 10 turns, yeah?)
[00:35:43] <d_m> It has, yes.
[00:35:52] <acadia> (She pulled a wand at some point)
[00:35:57] <vargas> (that was a cure wand)
[00:35:58] <d_m> And no, she's still hasted.
[00:36:01] <serribon> (that was a heal wand, I think)
[00:36:08] <acadia> (Ohh right)
[00:36:40] <d_m> You can catch her at the window. You have one roun to do it in.
[00:36:56] <vargas> "Team, you know the drill."
[00:37:23] <d_m> Acadia, holding action for Vargas?
[00:37:33] <acadia> Yep
[00:37:35] <vargas> (clump up, tele-drop incoming)
[00:37:42] <d_m> Vargas, you can get three people. Ibram and Serri are two. Pick the last.
[00:38:01] <vargas> (Petite, is that possible?)
[00:38:13] <d_m> Petite can be one, leaving Mags and Acadia behind.
[00:38:35] <vargas> (Make it so, #1)
[00:38:46] <d_m> Very well.
[00:38:51] <vargas> "Gott speed."
[00:39:06] * Vargas blitzes for his allies for one last hail mary play on the field.
[00:40:05] <d_m> Acadia reaches the window and dives through it, heedless, in a great shower of stained glass shards, tumbling into the open air and sunlight without. She twists in the air. Every catlike in her grace, never failing to have her feet below her as she falls. A three point landing, soft as a feather.
[00:40:08] <d_m> Sssssnap.
[00:40:29] <serribon> (we'll fix it in post)
[00:40:39] <d_m> There is a small puff in the air, and she is surrounded. Ibram. Serribon. A giant gator.
[00:40:54] <solaire> <ibram> "Goodbye, Caleb."
[00:41:16] <d_m> The great gator maw opens.
[00:41:20] <d_m> All three, roll attacks.
[00:41:30] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:41:31] <clockwork> Serribon: 25:2+23
[00:41:32] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[00:41:32] <clockwork> Solaire: 23:4+19
[00:41:32] <acadia> ,roll 1d20+18
[00:41:33] <clockwork> Acadia: 24:6+18
[00:41:35] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+14
[00:41:35] <clockwork> Solaire: 16:2+14
[00:41:37] <serribon> (oh, what)
[00:41:39] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+19
[00:41:39] <clockwork> Solaire: 28:9+19
[00:41:41] <vargas> (use AP people if you can)
[00:41:48] <acadia> ,roll 1d6
[00:41:49] <clockwork> Acadia: 2
[00:41:51] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+18
[00:41:51] <clockwork> Serribon: 27:9+18
[00:41:51] <acadia> ,roll 1d6
[00:41:52] <clockwork> Acadia: 1
[00:41:53] <vargas> (burn this woman down)
[00:41:53] * Magnus_ glares at the remaining mooks, "I've still got enough juice to kick ya'lls scrawny asses if you want to stay."
[00:41:57] <solaire> ,roll 1d20+9
[00:41:57] <clockwork> Solaire: 14:5+9
[00:42:01] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+13
[00:42:01] <clockwork> Serribon: 30:17+13
[00:42:01] <solaire> ap
[00:42:07] <serribon> ,roll 1d20+23
[00:42:08] <clockwork> Serribon: 24:1+23
[00:42:09] <solaire> ,roll 1d6
[00:42:10] <clockwork> Solaire: 5
[00:42:14] <solaire> 33 hir?
[00:42:25] <serribon> ,roll 1d6+1d6
[00:42:25] <clockwork> Serribon: 8:2+6
[00:42:37] <d_m> Everyone bear in mind, you all have flank.
[00:42:42] <d_m> All three of you, because the gator is huge.
[00:42:47] <d_m> Well, large, but relatively huge.
[00:42:59] <d_m> Now, calculate, and tell me how many of you hit a 27.
[00:43:06] <acadia> P hit 27
[00:43:17] <solaire> 2 hits
[00:43:19] <serribon> I hit three, with that AP.
[00:43:21] <d_m> If you hit 27, roll damages.
[00:43:22] <solaire> if I spend an ap
[00:43:27] <solaire> ,roll 2d8+20
[00:43:28] <clockwork> Solaire: 25:5+20
[00:43:34] <acadia> ,roll 2d6+10
[00:43:34] <clockwork> Acadia: 19:9+10
[00:43:41] <serribon> ,roll 3d10+36
[00:43:42] <clockwork> Serribon: 56:20+36
[00:44:14] <d_m> The great gator maw closes down on her head, a simple, mechanical, animal action. And then the weapons come down, one after another, and cut her apart.
[00:44:24] <d_m> Vargas, you are standing behind her, watching it happen.
[00:44:38] * Vargas weeps even as he is staggered by this dimensional transportation, and his beloved companion is cut to pieces.
[00:44:57] <d_m> inside, a large tiger and a large half-orc encircle the two remaining soldiers, who drop their weapons.
[00:45:32] <d_m> Somewhere, the DM falls off his bouncy ball chair, exhausted.
[00:45:34] * Acadia snarls.
[00:45:42] <vargas> (You have a bouncy ball chair?)
[00:45:58] * Vargas asks, "Is it over?"
[00:46:01] * Magnus_ draws back the cowl of his hood so his ugly face can be seen. With a rumbling growl he says, "Leave."
[00:46:14] <d_m> http://www.power-systems.com/popup.aspx?src=images/PRODUCT/large/71050_1_.jpg
[00:46:15] * Vargas is shaking.
[00:46:27] <d_m> That sort of thing.
[00:46:40] <acadia> (I love the "Life Fitness" logo)
[00:46:51] <d_m> (Mine isn't actually that brand. It's unmarked.)
[00:46:56] * Serribon is exhausted and leans on the haft of his halberd for support.
[00:47:00] <d_m> All right. Round time is ended. If you need to go to bed, you may. I'm on holiday, so i will stay up and wrap up as needed.
[00:47:04] <acadia> (Ah. Oh well.)
[00:47:24] <d_m> As you explore this place, team, you will get the story of it:
[00:47:24] <magnus_> I don't work tomorrow, so I'm good for a bit more.
[00:47:29] <serribon> "For. Now."
[00:47:55] <solaire> <ibram> *clutches and his eye, and just leans against a wall which he moves to*
[00:47:57] * Vargas kneels down over Miriam. He reaches into his pocket, and produces a golden scarab which he places in her body. "This will preserve her."
[00:47:58] <solaire> <ibram> "Fuck."
[00:48:20] <vargas> "Ibram, Serribon, are you okay? The Whump is coming."
[00:48:28] <serribon> "I know. I felt it."
[00:48:29] <d_m> You find the senior priests in the back, hanging up on hooks, skinned. Probably skinned alive, but now quite dead and cold. Apparently, they succeeded in raising... something. And that something killed them and took over to create this trap for you.
[00:48:46] <solaire> <ibram> *doesn't respond*
[00:48:47] * Acadia snaps angrily at one of the soldiers, having difficulty restraining herself. She is enraged.
[00:48:47] * Vargas cries out, "Acadia! Magnus! Get out here! We need healing!"
[00:49:08] <d_m> No clerics or other spellcasters remain here at the temple. The only survivors are the two soldiers who surrendered at the end.
[00:49:31] * Serribon grabs the nearest one. "What happened here? Really?"
[00:49:34] <magnus_> (Magnus will do a quick take for research of items there. symbols, books, etc.)
[00:49:41] * Serribon is very clearly not happy.
[00:50:04] <d_m> You get most of that story out of him, Serribon. What they raised was an abomination. They served it out of terror.
[00:50:12] * Acadia joins the others, taking gnome form. "I have no more, today, Wizard."
[00:50:15] * Magnus_ once outside he tends to restoring Ibram's eye first.
[00:50:18] <acadia> "I will prepare more."
[00:50:55] * Vargas says to Acadia, "Okay."
[00:51:04] * Acadia crouches with Petite, eyeing Miriam's body.
[00:51:09] * Vargas uses the Sigilite's gloves to help Ibram.
[00:51:19] <vargas> ,roll 3d8+5 (HP for Ibby)
[00:51:19] <clockwork> Vargas, (HP for Ibby): 21:16+5
[00:51:35] <serribon> "No. Unless you need it, yourself. We will probably be gone by the morning. You and Magnus need to prepare yourselves to get as far from here as you can."
[00:51:48] <vargas> "Where is Brrk?"
[00:51:52] * Acadia nods.
[00:51:58] <solaire> <ibram> "That's enough."
[00:52:06] <d_m> Brrk is about. You told her to hang back, not knowing what you would face inside.
[00:52:20] <vargas> "And who is taking Miriam? As long as she is dead, I don't think the Whump will take her body."
[00:52:33] <serribon> "I will."
[00:52:42] <vargas> "The scarab will preserve her, but how will we bring her back and not face... /that/?"
[00:53:01] <acadia> "Is it dead?"
[00:53:32] <vargas> "Miriam is dead. That /thing/ most certainly is not."
[00:53:59] <serribon> "I will take her to the Sibyl. The Cuthbertians owe me a great deal of money. They will consult their god and I will learn what I can."
[00:54:12] * Magnus_ finishes up Serribon and Ibram with his prayers, then some Channeling to touch off the whole party.
[00:54:27] <acadia> "Is that the thing that we saw before?"
[00:55:07] <d_m> Acadia, her body is quite mangled. Run through multiple times, severely lacerated, and her head partially crushed by the tremendous power of Petite's jaws.
[00:55:25] <magnus_> "It knew Vargas...I would say it probably was."
[00:55:41] <vargas> "Absolutely."
[00:55:53] <acadia> "So how will we kill it?"
[00:56:27] <magnus_> "I can bring Miriam back, but I don't know if I can keep that thing out...I'm not sure if consecrating the area would do it."
[00:56:56] <d_m> Sssshhhhhhhiiiiiiinnngggg....
[00:56:58] * Acadia cannot tear her eyes from Miriam's body. She is trying to understand a concept that she has never encountered before recently. Miriam's body, but not actually Miriam.
[00:57:10] <d_m> It's like a quivering in the air... except not in the air. In the very space around you.
[00:57:18] <vargas> "Serribon, grab her. Make sure you are holding her."
[00:57:41] * Serribon grabs the coffin.
[00:57:43] <vargas> "Magnus, take care of Brrk. I don't have time to bind her. I can't keep my promise today. It will have to wait."
[00:57:56] <serribon> (I'm going to assume we made sure to get one that locks from the outside.)
[00:58:20] * Magnus_ looks down at the little one. "I'll watch over her. I promise."
[00:58:28] <vargas> "I am so sorry, Miriam. So sorry."
[00:59:01] <vargas> "Serribon, be careful with the Cuthbertians. Don't let them do the same as these elves. I will research what to do in my time."
[00:59:06] <vargas> "Too."
[00:59:59] <serribon> "Yes."
[01:00:40] <vargas> "Everyone." Vargas wipes a tear off his face. "Thank you."
[01:00:49] <vargas> "I hope I see you again, soon."
[01:01:21] * Magnus_ raises his hand to wave at V. "Thank you my friend."
[01:01:27] <d_m> Flick. Acadia and Magnus, this is a new experience for you. It's like the world flickers for a moment. Just... blinks.
[01:01:32] * Acadia looks at Vargas and the others who are about to disappear.
[01:02:43] <vargas> "Ibram, will I see you soon? I will send you a message tomorrow, okay?"
[01:03:34] <d_m> A breeze blows through the treetops at the edge of the temple grounds. The afternoon is quiet.
[01:03:42] <solaire> <ibram> "All right."
[01:03:53] * Acadia waits....
[01:03:55] <d_m> Miriam is boxed.
[01:04:18] <serribon> (worst. takeout. ever)
[01:04:20] <d_m> Flick. The world blinks again, a little bit longer, this time. Those of you who are travelling catch a glimpse of other places, other times.
[01:04:30] <vargas> "Good bye."
[01:04:32] <acadia> (definitely messy)
[01:05:03] * Acadia looks at Vargas, her chest starting to get tight. She doesn't know what to expect.
[01:05:06] <d_m> Sunlight glints on the broken shards of glass under the exploded window, and on the blood smeared there in the grass.
[01:05:26] <d_m> There is a faint sucking sound.
[01:05:32] <d_m> Whump.
[01:05:52] <d_m> Acadia and Magnus, and Petite and Brrk, the others are suddenly gone.
[01:06:10] * Acadia blinks a couple of times, looking around
[01:06:49] <d_m> The breeze wafts through the trees. The sun glints on blood and glass. The temple stands silent under the afternoon sun. And only the four of you are there.
[01:06:59] <d_m> Roll credits.
[01:07:43] =-= D_M is now known as Ancient
[01:07:50] =-= Acadia is now known as Siren
[01:07:56] <ancient> I can't thank you all enough for the heroic efforts you've made to be here tonight and see this out.
[01:08:20] =-= Magnus_ is now known as Nacht
[01:08:53] =-= Serribon is now known as Rivet_
[01:09:05] * Vargas reappears in a cave. A very cozy little cave buried deep in the mountain. Thibble Copperfoot is standing there with a piece of salt in his hand, and a monocle on his eye amongst a pile of paper and things. And Vargas is still crying. (as the credits roll)
[01:09:06] <solaire> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27CUinMmYQo
[01:09:08] <ancient> Magnus and Acadia, magnificent jobs tonight. You came into your own with spell selection, creativity, and good maneuvering. And you kept up brilliantly.
[01:09:12] =-= YOU are now known as Gerhal
[01:09:30] <ancient> Closing credits music. thank you, Bill.
[01:09:39] =-= Rivet_ is now known as Serribon
[01:10:04] <solaire> That's my job, eh?
[01:10:16] <solaire> <ibram> *just sits, one-eyed, and utterly exhausted*
[01:10:20] <ancient> Fighters. Ibram and Serribon. The two of you pressed your attacks, and you came through.
[01:10:27] <siren> Epic semi-conclusion
[01:11:01] <ancient> Ibram, you were most thoroughly disadvantaged in that fight, but you stuck with it. You never let the pressure off of Miriam, which was critical to winning.
[01:12:10] <siren> *Acadia, Petite, Magnus, and Brrk slowly start their trek away from the temple and back toward familiar territory.*
[01:12:19] <ancient> And Vargas... Gerhal... you played the wizard, and the wizard's role, and the wizard-player's role, masterfully. You orchestrated a victory, riding the edge, taking out the support staff without giving the main threat too much leeway to screw with you.
[01:12:49] <nacht> And special thanks to You all and G for putting up with my crappy connection. Thanks for the help.
[01:13:15] * Serribon appears next to a looming marker stone on a rise above the Andropolitan plain. The flickering lights of the city below are just visible in the twilight gloom. Two horses and a juvenile wyvern are tethered nearby. (Credits continue to roll.)
[01:13:26] <ancient> Your plan worked exactly as best it could have. For those of you who were paying attention, Miriam fully healed from those first few blows you all landed under AMF, but it took concentrated effort in those first few rounds for her to do so. It took her out of the fight, effectively, until she could regain lost ground. Well done.
[01:13:46] =-= Serribon is now known as Rivet_
[01:14:15] <ancient> So, to all of you... To Rivet for shifting schedules, to Bill for enduring Shadowrun play day in and day out, to Magnus for heroically fighting through his connection troubles and playing by proxy just to finish the fight... to every one of you, thank you.
[01:14:30] <rivet_> You're welcome, chief.
[01:14:45] <nacht> Thank you, Ancient.
[01:15:14] <siren> :]
[01:15:43] <ancient> This one-year adventure was supposed to go a very different way. You were supposed to see many and far more ranging sights of the world in the aftermath of the cataclysm, but that was all knocked off course by a fateful night in old Queensport. A small choice... you guys still haven't realized which one... changed the entire course of the past year of the game, ICly and OOCly, and it has led us to this.
[01:15:54] <ancient> I think it was worth it. Glorious.
[01:16:24] <rivet_> (aww, man, we coulda had an airship)
[01:16:35] <ancient> Heh, yes. It was just waiting for you.
[01:16:45] <ancient> Hereafter, we commence part Two, the upper half of the game. Not immediately; I want to do a little twix work first so as to get everyone off and rolling in their home times again.
[01:16:46] <siren> (Queensport? Was this before or after my joining?)
[01:16:56] <rivet_> (before)
[01:16:57] <ancient> Just before the new joins.
[01:17:11] <nacht> I'd say lets all get drunk, but I'm on anti-virus and pain meds.
[01:17:18] <siren> (Oh okay. I was going to be seriously preoccupied trying to remember that.)
[01:17:36] <ancient> But within the next couple of weeks, we will resume with episodic whumps, and our newcomers will see how the normal flow of the game works. And they'll see some other DMs.
[01:17:40] <siren> (But I am now profoundly curious)
[01:17:43] <ancient> And eventually, they might do a little DMing.
[01:18:17] <siren> Oh my. I may have to do some years of preparation first.
[01:18:24] <ancient> It's all down the road. There are probably still a couple of years of game ahead of us, if people are down with it. I'll run it until i run out of players.
[01:18:58] <siren> I'm cool.
[01:19:01] <ancient> For now, take a break. Relax. Sleep well. Enjoy the holiday tomorrow (later today).
[01:19:21] <ancient> New two, welcome aboard.
[01:19:34] <rivet_> http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/clockwork/posts?page=6 Bottom post is the beginning of Queensport
[01:19:35] <siren> Thanks!
[01:19:39] <ancient> Old hands, it's good to still be doing this. God bless you all.
[01:20:05] <ancient> I'll be up for a bit longer, but I'm done for the night as GM. Commence chit-chat.
[01:21:37] <gerhal> I guess we'll see your gnome barbarian?
[01:23:02] <ancient> Gnome barbarian?
[01:23:13] <gerhal> Well you can't play a corpse.
[01:23:14] <ancient> Hah! No, I'm not making a new character. You guys gotta res Miriam.
[01:23:30] <ancient> It's going to be up to Rivet to figure out how, though.
[01:23:58] <gerhal> He's going to find a Highlander, and then cut his head off while wielding Miriam like a puppet.
[01:24:09] <ancient> That seems highly unlikely.
[01:24:23] <ancient> Ok, heads, Gnome Barbarian. Tails, the Befriender.
[01:24:44] <gerhal> I like the Befriender better.
[01:24:56] <ancient> You would.
[01:25:34] <gerhal> Not my fault I don't find barbarian's interesting.
[01:25:52] <nacht> Have Miriam on a stick and go "Rawr! Rawr! I'm scary Grandma!!"
[01:26:05] <gerhal> Serribon, you should seek out the Sigilite. He's alive in your time.
[01:26:09] <gerhal> He may have a clue.
[01:28:03] <siren> Well, gents. It's time for me to try and catch up on some sleep before work tomorrow.
[01:28:19] <gerhal> Night, Siren.
[01:28:37] <siren> Night night.
[01:28:56] <siren> Thanks for the awesome storytelling, Ancient.
[01:29:47] <--|>
[01:29:53] <ancient> All welcome.
[01:34:17] <gerhal> Not many thoughts right now.
[01:34:46] <ancient> I don't have a lot left in my brain, right now.
[01:34:55] <rivet_> I'm sleepy
[01:35:09] <nacht> a gnome barbarian with gnome armor..hmm... did anyone see the spiked gnome armor (batger armor I think they call it) from dragonlance
[01:35:29] <rivet_> I don't recall it
[01:35:35] <ancient> Something like this, knowing just how many tools you guys have, and how much force you can bring to bear, is very hard to plan and make as climactic as it needs to be. The old challenge of trying to find something between easy and TPK.
[01:35:45] <ancient> So I'm a bit wiped.
[01:35:52] <ancient> Wired, but wiped.
[01:36:00] <nacht> black armor with a bunch of barbs coming out of it.
[01:36:23] <rivet_> *nodnod*
[01:36:34] <rivet_> badger armor, maybe?
[01:36:43] <rivet_> what with them competing for living space and all
[01:41:05] <gerhal> Night
[01:41:09] [INFO] Disconnecting from IRC. Click close again to exit now.
[01:41:09] [QUIT] Disconnected from irc://irc.esper.net/ (irc://irc.esper.net/). [[Reconnect][Reconnect to irc.esper.net][reconnect]]

26MAY13

Clockwork Rivet