04JUL10

(12:27:11 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * has actually been somewhat annoyed by recent whumps since there’s a nlot of indecisiveness *
(1:09:18 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * eating a big meal in the college servant’s hall, munch crunch, belch, nom *
(1:09:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * hanging out with the blacksmith dwarf, chatting quietly about various aspects of ironwork *
(1:09:52 PM) You are now known as DM
(1:10:05 PM) DM: What’s his reaction to these Whumps lately? In greater detail?
(1:10:35 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * frustration, after the one where they did nothing. And annoyance after the one with the wendigo, since it was an awful creature that ate people he couldn’t help *
(1:11:02 PM) DM: Heh.
(1:11:23 PM) DM: Has it caused any behavioural changes in him? Does he show signs of his frustration between whumps?
(1:12:16 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * has a forced edge to his cheerfulness lately yes *
(1:18:48 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * is, in general, suppressing his anger though *
(1:25:44 PM) DM: So, there you were, of a morning, and Vargas has already left for the day. He’s off to some nearby monastery to find some books. Typical.
(1:27:36 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Yeah, sometimes our bosses are just IRRESPONSIBLE.” * he harrumps and drinks moar beer *
(1:27:54 PM) DM: Beer? At 8 AM?
(1:28:13 PM) Exterminatus: oh it’s breakfast?
(1:28:16 PM) DM: Ibram’s going to survive 20 levels of adventuring and then die of liver failure at 30.
(1:28:16 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * milk then *
(1:29:25 PM) DM: Heh, k.
(1:29:29 PM) DM: You get a letter.
(1:30:01 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * reads said letter. Slowly and with his lips moving *
(1:30:02 PM) DM: “Here, you’re Corbec? This came for ya.”
(1:30:07 PM) DM: You read the letter.
(1:30:11 PM) Exterminatus: Irl that drives me nuts when people do that
(1:30:20 PM) DM: Hehehe.
(1:30:23 PM) Exterminatus: stop sounding out the words you illiterate dogs
(1:30:24 PM) Exterminatus: !
(1:30:45 PM) DM: So you read the letter. Oh, wait… stand by. I have to look something up.
(1:32:47 PM) DM: Ok, sorry ‘bout that.
(1:33:03 PM) Exterminatus: no qorries
(1:33:41 PM) DM: The letter is short and sweet: “Corbec, need some help. Right up your alley. Pay’s good too. You know where to find me. —Hauser”
(1:35:05 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Oh. Wonderful.” * he smiles sadly at the Blacksmith * “Looks like I’ve got a bit of things to do around town. We’ll have to sit around and bitch about our bosses later.” * he gives his dwarvish friend a punch on the shoulder and is gone to get his gear together *
(1:35:58 PM) DM: So, full suit-up, or just bringing the gear along for now?
(1:36:20 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * wearing the armor and sword, but the shield is slung over his back. He’s going for scary bastard look today *
(1:37:53 PM) DM: All righty.
(1:37:56 PM) DM: So where to?
(1:39:08 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * hauser’s place, that crappy bar her remembers *
(1:40:18 PM) DM: Very well. You arrive in the late morning. The bar is mostly empty, but Hauser and his little partner are there, along with one heavy. Hauser still looks like an evil Gary Gygax, rotund, bald on top and ponytail in the back.
(1:40:56 PM) Exterminatus: hahaha, you mean he wasn’t evil
(1:41:19 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Hauser.” * he says, in his gruffest voice *
(1:41:36 PM) DM: (Who wasn’t evil? Gary Gygax?)
(1:41:54 PM) Exterminatus: ? was the missing punctuation
(1:41:57 PM) Exterminatus: you ever read tomb of horrors?
(1:42:02 PM) Exterminatus: That was ebil
(1:42:08 PM) DM: (Ah, hahaha. I’m with ya.)
(1:42:33 PM) DM: “Corbec. Going to war, are you?”
(1:42:49 PM) Vargas [chatzilla@c-98-251-62-38.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] entered the room.
(1:42:52 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Best to be prepared when I’m dealing with you, Hauser.”
(1:42:56 PM) Vargas: You guys twixing?
(1:43:27 PM) DM: THERE YOU ARE. You’re late.
(1:46:32 PM) DM: Anyway, “I’m flattered,” says Hauser. “But in this case your efforts are best directed elsewhere. Whatever you might think of me, Corbec, I actually do a legitimate business, when I’m not getting bilked by con artists. I can’t say the same of my competitors. One of ‘em’s got a grudge, and I need some muscle to keep my imports safe. You interested?”
(1:46:57 PM) Vargas: (Am I still needed?)
(1:47:15 PM) DM: (Actually, I could still use you in a few minutes.)
(1:49:08 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Well, muscle work is fine. I’m not an assasin, mind. But if you need to to keep somenoe away from your stuff and as long as they’re not the templars, I can do that. Going up against the crown or the church isn’t something I’ll do. But thieves? Not a problem.”
(1:50:09 PM) DM: “Figured as much. I don’t hear you talking price, yet.”
(1:50:22 PM) Exterminatus: how would ibram figure that?
(1:50:51 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “400 gold. As I recall that’d be a good way to make things worthwhile, and there a lot of things worth that price in town.”
(1:51:04 PM) Exterminatus: (Ibby riffing on him getting fooled for 400 gold earlier)
(1:52:07 PM) DM: (Oh, that’s beautiful.)
(1:53:34 PM) DM: Hauser stares at Ibram for a moment and then bursts into laughter. “Oh, that’s beautiful. But so be it. You’d better be worth it. Krieger here will get you the details.”
(1:53:58 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Alright.”
(1:54:40 PM) DM: The details: Beer shipments being brought into the city from around the country are being intercepted and torched by a vengeful but anonymous competitor. Next time a shipment is inbound, you’ll be informed, and you and a troupe will go meet it and escort it in.
(1:55:01 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> IBram corbec, BEER BAROn
(1:55:20 PM) DM: Heh.
(1:56:20 PM) DM: So, that evening Vargas returns from his trip, and as usual he is lost in his own thoughts—perhaps even more so than usual. He’s all mumbling to himself about formulae and other arcane concepts.
(1:56:24 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * nods his head * “Sounds good to be. What sort of mob you intending to bring with me?”
(1:56:50 PM) DM: Whoops, ok, let me answer your querstions
(1:57:23 PM) DM: “Not much of one. We don’t want to be too obvious that we’re cracking down. It’ll be you and me and maybe Kutz—he says he knows you.”
(1:57:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * suspects this is the guy who’s face he wrecked *
(1:58:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Alright.”
(1:58:42 PM) DM: Ok, so then…
(1:59:06 PM) DM: So, that evening Vargas returns from his trip, and as usual he is lost in his own thoughts—perhaps even more so than usual. He’s all mumbling to himself about formulae and other arcane concepts.
(1:59:21 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Vargas?”
(1:59:43 PM) DM: He’s too busy for you that night.
(2:00:20 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * looks grumpy and heads off to hang out with the blacksmith then *
(2:00:57 PM) DM: But three days later something odd happens. You come up to Vargas’s quarters, and you find the place alive with people. Official-looking people, moving about, examining things, talking to one another. A very official-looking guy is talking to Vargas. When their conversation is over, the guy goes off to talk to his colleagues.
(2:01:20 PM) Vargas: (here)
(2:01:22 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “UH oh….” * he’ll find vargas * “What happened boss?”
(2:02:08 PM) Vargas: “Hello, Ibram.”
(2:03:07 PM) * * * Vargas introduces Ibram and the investigator. He explains, “I have been robbed. The instrument I took from the ocean floor, Barney, has been stolen from my safe.”
(2:03:29 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Looks like we’re in another fix then, sir.”
(2:03:42 PM) DM: HAH!
(2:03:47 PM) Vargas: (?)
(2:03:52 PM) DM: Nothin’.
(2:05:00 PM) * * * Vargas is displaying hallmarks of a variety of emotions. The strongest of them at this juncture would be exhaustion.
(2:05:18 PM) Vargas: “Yeah. So it seems.”
(2:05:28 PM) Vargas: “At least I still have all my illustrations.”
(2:05:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “True. You want I should talk to some people on the other side and see if they know?”
(2:06:47 PM) * * * Vargas looks at the investigator, and then to Ibram. “Maybe. We’ll talk about it later.”
(2:07:26 PM) DM: Fastfoward to later, or let it go for now?
(2:07:37 PM) Vargas: (up to Ibram)
(2:07:47 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “SUre thing then boss, later.”
(2:07:58 PM) DM: FF to later, Ibram?
(2:08:15 PM) Exterminatus: sure
(2:08:40 PM) Vargas: (Define later. Later for our convo, or later for beer shipment?)
(2:08:40 PM) DM: Later, in private…
(2:08:44 PM) Vargas: (ah)
(2:09:31 PM) * * * Vargas is seated on a chair with his elbows propped on his knees, and his hands in his hair.
(2:09:40 PM) DM: I’m directing improv. I go with the flow. Ibram finds Vargas later that evening in private.
(2:09:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “I know a couple of nasty sorts who do… er, legitimate business. They’ve decided I’m muscle.”
(2:10:14 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “I’m not really happy about it, but I figure it might work to our advantage here. Maybe Hauser or Krieger know something.”
(2:10:53 PM) * * * Vargas sighs before releasing his hair and leaning back in the chair to sit like a normal person. His hair is frumpled.
(2:11:37 PM) Vargas: “Well, you are muscle. Undoubtably. It’s a question of for whom you are muscle.”
(2:11:42 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * looks very worried *
(2:11:49 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “You and the king, sah.”
(2:12:58 PM) Vargas: “I don’t know who Hauser or Krieger are. I really don’t know who you hang out with outside of work. But I don’t know if those connections will help if the thief is whom I suspect it could be.”
(2:13:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * frowns * “Who might that be, sah?”
(2:13:28 PM) Vargas: “They came into my room, disarmed my safe, and took exactly one item. Nothing else was touched.”
(2:13:56 PM) Vargas: “Do you remember how Barney was covered in barnacles and how I couldn’t get them off?”
(2:15:05 PM) Vargas: “After all that time, I decided I needed a certain kind of powerful magic to clean it. Earth to mud. But that’s a very powerful war magic, and very few people know it. I did some investigation, and found two wizards outside of this College, in Mordheim that could help me.”
(2:15:21 PM) Vargas: “They are the only people outside of the college that know it exists.”
(2:15:37 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Oh. I see.” * his eyes narrow *
(2:16:15 PM) Vargas: “I thanked them for the favor, and when I invited to one at dinner I was… intimidated into explaining my curse. The whump. I explained that I randomly teleport, but made no mention of time travel.”
(2:16:43 PM) Vargas: “The mere mention of random teleportation so offended him that he took it as an insult, and left.”
(2:17:36 PM) Vargas: “But, I have no proof.”
(2:17:39 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Where are these men.”
(2:18:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * in his head, it’s a dark, gritty night. He’s got piano wire, and a really mean face on *
(2:18:15 PM) * * * DM is laughing aloud in real life.
(2:18:21 PM) Vargas: “Ibram, this man is an extremely powerful wizard. One of the strongest in the country. You cannot touch him. Besides, we have no proof. It would be an illegal assault.”
(2:19:01 PM) Vargas: “Even I have my doubts, because I don’t see why a man of such power and stature would steal it from me.”
(2:19:50 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Jealousy, or perhaps Barney is more powerful in some way than we thought.”
(2:20:39 PM) Vargas: “Unknown. Regardless, we cannot act without evidence. That’s why I brought security into this. Theft at this school is a matter of state security.”
(2:21:39 PM) Vargas: “I mean to ask Cassandra to find a spell for me. It is a spell I did not have money to buy before. It should allow me to find Barney if I can come with ~400 ft of it. Unless it is sealed in a container lined with lead.”
(2:23:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “I see. Well. If he does have it….” * his fists clench. Someone stealing from his boss. his FRIEND. All his anger is in danger of boiling over *
(2:23:50 PM) DM: You know it’s a dramatic conversation when there’s a dramatic musical sting after every line.
(2:24:05 PM) Exterminatus: hahahahaha
(2:24:07 PM) Vargas: “If we can find it, whomever has it will pay if they are the thief. If you do find anything, I think you should talk to the head of College security. He’s a professional in this.”
(2:24:20 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Alright.”
(2:25:37 PM) Vargas: “Just promise me you won’t do anything rash, like single handedly charging a castle tower?”
(2:25:52 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “I’ll try not to, sah.”
(2:26:07 PM) * * * Vargas waves a finger at him. “I’m holding you to that.”
(2:26:20 PM) Vargas: “So. What have you been up to anyways?”
(2:26:36 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * smiles briefly and says * “Mostly just spending time with our master blacksmith”
(2:27:37 PM) * * * Vargas nods. “I’ve started the study of enchantment.”
(2:27:50 PM) Vargas: “I hope that I should be able to enchant armor and weapons soon.”
(2:28:20 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Met any nice girls, sah?”
(2:29:23 PM) * * * Vargas busts into a gut laugh. “Ibram, next time I go to the Kriegstrom Monestary you should go with me.”
(2:30:00 PM) Vargas: “I’ll introduce you to Sister Gertrude. I wager she’d have a 50/50 chance to get you to swear off beer.”
(2:30:30 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * feigns a look of horror *
(2:30:47 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Very well, sah.”
(2:30:54 PM) Vargas: “Oh, I should show you something.”
(2:31:25 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * nods his head * “What’s that?”
(2:31:43 PM) * * * Vargas goes into a stack of picture frames. They are phantasmagraphs of Cobbleblock, Bre, and members of Mrs Salabee’s art class. All of whom are dressed in their best finery.
(2:32:25 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Very impressive. Is that with your spells then?”
(2:32:47 PM) Vargas: “Yes, though I’m learned how to enhance the images and give them an artistic flair.”
(2:32:57 PM) Vargas: “It’s a work in progress.”
(2:33:10 PM) DM: Show him the sketches you did WITHOUT the spell.
(2:33:34 PM) Vargas: “My … conventional work isn’t so fantastic.”
(2:33:51 PM) * * * Vargas shows him his training paintings and illustrations. +8 drawing check mod.
(2:34:18 PM) Vargas: (maybe 10, need to buy a some masterwork art tools)
(2:34:21 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “THose aren’t bad either, sah. You should keep on it. Maybe you can draw pretty naked ladies and get put in the gallery like the nice old fellow had.”
(2:35:21 PM) Vargas: “That dude was creepy Ibram. It’s not the art. It was him.”
(2:35:26 PM) Vargas: “Still gives me the shivers.”
(2:35:40 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * blinks because he dind’t et the creepy vibe from him *
(2:36:39 PM) Vargas: “It was his eyes, man.”
(2:36:43 PM) Vargas: “You didn’t see it.”
(2:37:14 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “No sah, I suppose I did not.” * he pauses * “You probably don’tw ant to come along with what I’m going to do next… but perhaps you could shadow me from a distance, sah.”
(2:37:38 PM) Vargas: ”...”
(2:37:48 PM) Vargas: “You’re not mugging a brewery are you?”
(2:38:04 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Rather the opposite. I’m keeping someone’s beer from being stolen.”
(2:38:30 PM) Vargas: “Hmm.”
(2:38:55 PM) Vargas: (I can help, but if I do I won’t have time to play or whatever tonight)
(2:39:12 PM) Vargas: (Could NPC me?)
(2:39:13 PM) Exterminatus: (Don’t worry about it then)
(2:39:17 PM) DM: Vargas is too busy with his own works to accompany, sadly.
(2:39:46 PM) Vargas: (What if I stay invisible, and summon monsters? I can summon while invisible without it breaking.)
(2:39:59 PM) Vargas: (I’d really love to help. But I got work stuff to deliver before Monday)
(2:40:13 PM) DM: Vargas is too busy with his own works to accompany, sadly.
(2:40:27 PM) Vargas: (Gerhal cries for missed XP)
(2:41:19 PM) DM: Gerhal got XP for sitting around in a library. Gerhal doesn’t get to complain about XP. Unless of course he’s jealous of Cassandra’s absurd solo rampage.
(2:42:07 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “That’s alright, sir. I promise I won’t come back all covered in blood. I’ll take a dip in the river first.”
(2:42:53 PM) Vargas: “Okay. I’m sorry I can’t go with you.”
(2:43:06 PM) Vargas: “But…”
(2:43:11 PM) * * * Vargas reaches into his bag.
(2:43:23 PM) * * * Vargas offers a potion. “Take a healing potion with you.”
(2:43:26 PM) Vargas: (CLW)
(2:43:38 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Thank you sah.” * he puts it in a pocket *
(2:43:49 PM) DM: And so they conversed for a while longer, and then Ibram left Vargas to resume his work. Several days later…
(2:44:07 PM) DM: Ibram is breaking his fast, when all at once he gets a letter!
(2:44:20 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * ANOTHER LETTER. He reads it *
(2:45:06 PM) DM: “Today. South gate, noon. —Kutz”
(2:46:02 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * finishes up his cream-covered roll, goes off to the privy so he’s propertyly prepared, then gets his armor, sword, and shield slung over his back, and off he goes, actually trying to show early at the south gate to scope it out. It might be a trap *
(2:47:55 PM) DM: You show up early and stake out the place like a good Shadowrunner. Around noon, two men on horseback come riding up from within the city and pause by the gate, looking around.
(2:48:34 PM) Exterminatus: (Shadowrun D&D oh no)
(2:49:21 PM) DM: Hey, you’re the one hiding in the shadows from your own companions.
(2:50:19 PM) DM: One of them sighs and looks up at the sun.
(2:50:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will step out into the open, looking them over *
(2:52:13 PM) DM: The other one pulls out his Blackberry—Ah, there we are. It’s Kutz and Krieger. Krieger was the heavy you met the other day. Kutz you now recognize as the smooth, dangerous, high level henchman who was holding the boyfriend hostage when you first met this gang.
(2:52:50 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * nods his head *
(2:53:05 PM) DM: “Ah, there you are, Corbec. You ready? Where’s your horse?”
(2:53:21 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Nobody told me we needed bloody horses.”
(2:54:18 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “BUt it makes sense… I prefer to walk or march though. Horses spook, I don;t.”
(2:54:19 PM) DM: Kutz facepalms. Krieger starts, “I told you we were travelling out to intercept—” Kutz cuts him off with a hand wave. “Well, how long will it take you to go get a horse? Mm?”
(2:54:48 PM) DM: (You don’t actually have to buy one, of course. You can check one out from the school.)
(2:55:08 PM) Vargas: (Vargas can summon you a horse for 8 hours too)
(2:55:46 PM) Vargas: (8 hours, 40 seconds to be exact)
(2:56:08 PM) DM: (Especially good if you want to end up stranded forty miles out of town.)
(2:56:35 PM) Vargas: (Fine, rain on my parade. I don’t know how far he’s going. =P)
(2:56:38 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “I can grab one from the school.”
(2:56:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Won’t be but a moment.”
(2:57:26 PM) DM: “Fine. Do that.”
(2:57:43 PM) DM: You do that. An hour later the three of you are heading out of town.
(2:58:48 PM) DM: Forty miles out of town, you all make camp for the night in some old stone ruins near the road.
(2:58:54 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * rides uncomfortably and unskilled *
(2:59:04 PM) Exterminatus: the real reason he didn’t think of horses.
(2:59:22 PM) DM: Heh. Well, suck it up.
(2:59:34 PM) Exterminatus: I know.
(2:59:38 PM) DM: :-P
(2:59:44 PM) Exterminatus: I just thought it was a natural mistake for a guy who always walks to make
(3:01:23 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * sits down and begins to cook some bacon he borrowed from the kitchen with him *
(3:01:36 PM) DM: The two thugs don’t have much to say to you. Krieger, he’s a standard muscle type, uncouth and unpleasant but essentially simple. Kutz, though, he is as much as you remember and more. He’s quiet and keeps his own counsel, but every now and then you catch him studying you. When you do, he grins and returns his attention to the road or to the fire or to thoughts of his own.
(3:03:06 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * keeps a gruff face throughout *
(3:05:31 PM) DM: The next morning, while the mists are still swirling in the trees, the cart and its escorts arrive from the south and you meet up with them and proceed back toward the city.
(3:06:05 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * takes position closest to the cart, clearly not trusting anyone at the moment *
(3:08:40 PM) DM: Very well. You all proceed toward town, then. You, Krieger, Kutz, two nameless guards, and the driver, and wagon loaded with liquid refreshment.
(3:09:24 PM) Vargas: (Is the beer from Hagelburg?)
(3:09:25 PM) DM: The sun rises on your right, lighting the rolling countryside around you, hills covered alternately by forest and field, new growth and ancient ruins.
(3:09:38 PM) DM: (Could be, could be…)
(3:11:08 PM) DM: No dice bot. You can use your script or have me use mine. Either way, GUPC.
(3:11:27 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 5.
(3:11:30 PM) Exterminatus: (6)
(3:12:27 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * humming this, cause it’s catchy * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSLHasN9UXQ
(3:12:44 PM) DM: The sun is up, now, but you find yourself walking in a thick mist which apparently refuses to dissippate.
(3:13:14 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “That strike anyone else as odd…”
(3:14:11 PM) DM: PZZZZZ! Happy 4th of July! A bright golden burst explodes over the cart, scattering sparklies in all directions. Will save!
(3:15:14 PM) Vargas: (glitterdust?)
(3:15:33 PM) DM: Ahem… Will save!
(3:18:29 PM) Vargas: (Lost Bill?)
(3:18:39 PM) DM: Apparently.
(3:18:54 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+2: (7)+ 2 = 9
(3:21:30 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(3:21:38 PM) Exterminatus: (I believe he made a 13 just now)
(3:22:27 PM) DM: Oooh, you get hot, gold glitter right in the eyes and are blinded! (Oh noes.)
(3:22:49 PM) Vargas: (Roll better next turn Billsan)
(3:23:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> ”
(3:23:41 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “aargh.”
(3:24:36 PM) DM: You hear mean shouting, and by the sound of it, a couple others are blinded as well. Then you hear the distinct sound of arrows, as they are only heard from the receiving end. zzZPTHUNK. zzZPTHUNK.
(3:24:51 PM) DM: A voice cries out, hit.
(3:25:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * grabs his shield and holds on, trying to clear his vision, blinking *
(3:25:30 PM) DM: Will save.
(3:26:02 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 8.
(3:26:07 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> No :<
(3:26:11 PM) Vargas: (action point if needed man)
(3:26:35 PM) Vargas: (AP on that 13 save would probably been enough)
(3:26:51 PM) Exterminatus: (Probably but too late now. :<)
(3:26:53 PM) DM: “Corbec! Corbec, can you see?”
(3:27:18 PM) DM: It’s Kutz shouting.
(3:28:23 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “NO, dammit.”
(3:29:28 PM) DM: “All right, keep your shield up! I’m coming to you!—You men, stand fast! Shields up, and stay in motion. Driver, stay in motion!” You feel a hand on your shoulder, Ibram.
(3:29:35 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+4: (17)+ 4 = 21
(3:29:39 PM) DM: What’s your AC?
(3:29:49 PM) DM: (Minus dex)
(3:30:58 PM) Exterminatus: Hold on
(3:31:10 PM) Exterminatus: 22 I believe, opening up sheet on other computer to be sure
(3:31:11 PM) DM: 22, I see. Ibram, you feel and hear an arrow strike your shield.
(3:31:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Well, that’s not good.” * he blinks, trying to clear out this crappy dust *
(3:32:06 PM) DM: “Here they come!” shouts Kutz beside you.
(3:32:08 PM) DM: Will save.
(3:32:15 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 16.
(3:32:55 PM) DM: Sufficient. You are able to regain some blurry, teary-eyed vision, just in time to see dudes coming out of the fog at you. You and the cart and the other goodguys are easily distinguishable by your golden glow.
(3:33:32 PM) DM: You have a standard action.
(3:33:49 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * immediate impulse is to charge, but he checks it, holding back and preparing a brutal downward slash at anyone who will close towards the cart itself, since he’s right along side it *
(3:34:28 PM) Vargas: (is enemy mounted?)
(3:35:24 PM) DM: Readied action. Beside you, Kutz notices your change in stance. “Your eyes good ye—” No, not mounted like you. A swordsman on foot rushes out of the fog under your sword. Strike!
(3:35:39 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(3:35:47 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * brings his sword down on him like a thunderbolt *
(3:35:47 PM) DM: Total?
(3:36:07 PM) Exterminatus: +10 I believe
(3:36:15 PM) DM: That’ll do. Damage.
(3:36:24 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 6.
(3:36:27 PM) Exterminatus: 12 damage
(3:37:11 PM) DM: You deliver a stout blow from which he only barely turns aside at the last moment, suffering a goodly cut as he does.
(3:37:11 PM) Exterminatus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s00vWBuziNM music more proper for swordin time
(3:37:18 PM) Vargas: (+1 to hit for higher ground since you are mounted too)
(3:37:24 PM) DM: (That’s true.)
(3:37:41 PM) Vargas: (Vargas is here for Ibram, in the back of his mind.)
(3:37:44 PM) Vargas: (hehe)
(3:37:51 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> he helps me with maths!
(3:38:04 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (1)+ 6 = 7
(3:38:28 PM) DM: The man whiffs. Ibram, your horse goes nuts under you as it finds itself under attack. Ride or DEX check.
(3:38:45 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 8.
(3:38:48 PM) Exterminatus: 10 :<
(3:39:28 PM) DM: You will spend this round controlling your mount unless you choose to dismount.
(3:39:36 PM) DM: If you dismount, you risk being left behind.
(3:40:02 PM) DM: Your horse shies sideways into the cart, whickering in panic.
(3:40:05 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will busily control his mount, which is the sensible choice, sadly not the manly one *
(3:40:52 PM) DM: More men are coming out of the mist now, ahead of the cart and behind it, homing in on their glowing targets. Your foe slashes at you again.
(3:40:56 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (6)+ 6 = 12
(3:41:18 PM) DM: And misses again. Off to your left, someone else cries out in pain.
(3:41:22 PM) DM: Your move.
(3:42:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * whirls on the fellow who he wounded, moving to ride him down and make sure he’s dead, going for a thrust through the neck *
(3:42:34 PM) DM: Make a ride check to control your mount so you can do this.
(3:42:40 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 12.
(3:42:43 PM) Exterminatus: 14
(3:43:13 PM) DM: In sufficient. You get the impression it’s about a DC 20 to do anything but hang on for dear life and keep your horse from running away with you into the distance.
(3:43:22 PM) DM: Insufficient, pardon me.
(3:43:48 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “BUgger this.” * he drops from his horse *
(3:44:07 PM) DM: You can do that as a move action and then make your attack.
(3:44:22 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Never liked the damn things anyway…” * he will do so, step in with a straight thrust for his stomach then *
(3:44:24 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(3:44:28 PM) Exterminatus: hits a 21
(3:44:34 PM) DM: Hit.
(3:45:28 PM) DM: Damage?
(3:45:53 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 4.
(3:45:56 PM) Exterminatus: 10
(3:46:24 PM) DM: The guy is still on his feet, albeit barely.
(3:46:35 PM) DM: He takes another slash at you—
(3:46:40 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (11)+ 6 = 17
(3:47:19 PM) Vargas: (Steel is no match for dragon skin, kekekekeke!)
(3:47:25 PM) DM:—but misses again. Your horse has run away into the fog, and the rest of the battle is moving away from you as well. You hear them shouting off to your left. Your current foe staggers before you.
(3:47:34 PM) DM: Your move.
(3:47:58 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * cuts at his legs, looking to drop him out of the fight entirely, and will stride back into the battle. Damn horses, never liked them *
(3:47:59 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 10.
(3:48:02 PM) Exterminatus: 20
(3:48:08 PM) DM: Hit.
(3:48:17 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 7.
(3:48:19 PM) Exterminatus: 13
(3:48:34 PM) DM: Jeeze. You take his left leg nearly off.
(3:48:38 PM) DM: You still have a move.
(3:48:57 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * just walks towards the sounds of the fight then. He doesn’t even pause to gloat. He’s got a job to do *
(3:50:15 PM) DM: And by walk, we mean he hustles at his move speed. They are getting away, though. The cart is in proper motion now, out of sight. You can hear the horses accelerating.
(3:50:41 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * sighs * “Looks like I’ll be fighting my way out, then.”
(3:50:55 PM) DM: Your move. You can run after it. There are no enemies directly in sight.
(3:51:16 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will full run, which sadly is only 3x speed in dragon plate *
(3:51:24 PM) DM: And your speed is, what, 20?
(3:51:49 PM) Exterminatus: yeah
(3:53:02 PM) DM: You burst out of the fog at the end of your move and discover that it was, as the evil emperor would say, /unnatural./ There’s the cart ahead of you, stalled again, and men all around it, fighting. Your “friends” are still glowing golden, though now it’s down to the driver, Krieger, and Kutz. Poor anonymous red-shirts are already dead.
(3:53:30 PM) DM: Krieger is holding his own against one foe. Kutz is holding his own against two. More are trying to get around onto the cart from behind. They are about 40 feet away, dead ahead, with their backs to you.
(3:54:23 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will barrel into the mass going for the cart with a bellow, his sword swinging in a glittering sweep towards their exposed backs *
(3:54:27 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 16.
(3:54:37 PM) Exterminatus: hits a 28 with the charge.
(3:54:43 PM) DM: GRAA! +2 for charging. -2 on your AC for this round.
(3:54:53 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 2.
(3:54:56 PM) Exterminatus: only 8 damage though
(3:55:18 PM) DM: Roger. You hit a guy who is just turning to face you and stumbles back against the cart. He returns fire.
(3:55:22 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (2)+ 6 = 8
(3:55:35 PM) DM: His friend five-foot steps to flanking position and tries as well.
(3:55:41 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+8: (15)+ 8 = 23
(3:56:02 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d8+4: (1)+ 4 = 5
(3:56:07 PM) DM: 5 damage.
(3:56:49 PM) DM: Your move. On the cart, one unengaged figure is climbing over the barrels toward the driver.
(3:57:00 PM) DM: You are flanked by two swordsman two-handing their longswords.
(3:57:39 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Driver! Behind you!” * he yells, as he tries to spike one of the swordsmen against the cart itself, slamming his sword forward so hard that poor dude’s gonna get turned into a display case in a moment *
(3:57:41 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 13.
(3:57:50 PM) Exterminatus: hits a 23
(3:57:54 PM) DM: Hit.
(3:58:22 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 5.
(3:58:27 PM) Exterminatus: 11 damage ethis time
(3:59:02 PM) DM: He’s still up, twisting again so that you pin his mail to the cart instead of his flesh.
(3:59:07 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+8: (17)+ 8 = 25
(3:59:13 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d8+4: (2)+ 4 = 6
(3:59:19 PM) DM: Six damage from his retaliation.
(3:59:24 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+8: (6)+ 8 = 14
(3:59:39 PM) DM: The one behind you only glances off your dragon plate.
(4:00:26 PM) DM: Up on the cart, you hear a cry, and a struggle begins. Around you, other men are fighting. Someone else shouts, and you hear Kutz shout back, “Krieger! Hang on!”
(4:00:31 PM) DM: Your move.
(4:01:17 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * backhands a finishing blow across the guy’s face, and will whirl on the other one without even really stopping to see if the first is dead *
(4:01:19 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 4.
(4:01:23 PM) Exterminatus: hahaha, oops.
(4:01:41 PM) DM: Or not! He parries one, finally!
(4:01:42 PM) Exterminatus: Why you gotta betray me like dat, dicesies?
(4:01:49 PM) Exterminatus: Or does he! AP!
(4:01:51 PM) Exterminatus: Random d6 dice result is a 6.
(4:02:05 PM) * * * DM bursts out laughing!
(4:02:09 PM) DM: 20 total, for a hit!
(4:02:15 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 3.
(4:02:17 PM) DM: Well played, sir!
(4:02:18 PM) Exterminatus: 9 damage
(4:02:36 PM) DM: You drop a blow half way through his head.
(4:02:40 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (15)+ 6 = 21
(4:03:16 PM) DM: Behind you, the guy hits your armor solidly but does not penetrate.
(4:03:33 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “You want to keep going, or am I going to have to kill you all?” * He’ll query *
(4:03:59 PM) DM: You hear the cart driver scream—and be cut off mid cry.
(4:04:08 PM) DM: Your attacker shows no sign of slowing down.
(4:04:57 PM) DM: Your move.
(4:06:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will cut that fucker down, then. Bag of jerks, not running away *
(4:06:36 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 9.
(4:06:39 PM) Exterminatus: hits a 19
(4:07:05 PM) DM: You lay into him, a hit.
(4:08:12 PM) DM: Damage?
(4:08:20 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 3.
(4:08:23 PM) Exterminatus: 9
(4:09:33 PM) DM: A solid blow which he only barely absorbs his his shield, having his head knocked around in the process. He lashes out at you in retaliation. Make a GUPC, btw.
(4:09:37 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (3)+ 6 = 9
(4:09:39 PM) DM: Fail.
(4:11:02 PM) DM: GUPC?
(4:11:23 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 2.
(4:11:29 PM) Exterminatus: ultrafail
(4:12:05 PM) DM: Verily. He shows no signs of slowing down. He might be waiting for something.
(4:12:28 PM) DM: Your move, btw.
(4:12:57 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will five foot towards the cart, he’s gonna leap on it stylishly soon cause that’s awesome *
(4:13:12 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * however, is gonna try to cut his hand and tendons up wth a slash before he goes *
(4:13:13 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 16.
(4:13:26 PM) DM: Very well. Attack, followed by a step.
(4:13:27 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 7.
(4:13:33 PM) Exterminatus: 13 damage.
(4:14:18 PM) DM: The man howls as your sword goes into his arm for a moment, splitting his mail. He comes at you wildly.
(4:14:20 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+6: (2)+ 6 = 8
(4:14:24 PM) DM: And mises wildly.
(4:14:48 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+4: (6)+ 4 = 10
(4:16:08 PM) DM: A fizzling beam exists for a split second in the air, tracing a line between the barrels behind you and the forest off to the right. It misses your head by literally /that/ much.
(4:16:15 PM) DM: (Which is not very much at all.)
(4:16:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Nice try old chap! BUt I’ve got a cart to save!” * he will drive his blade towards the wildly charging man who he’s pinked in the arm, aiming for his neck *
(4:16:47 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 17.
(4:16:52 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 1.
(4:16:57 PM) Exterminatus: only 7 points though
(4:16:59 PM) Exterminatus: traitordice
(4:18:02 PM) DM: The man was already nearly staggered. You behead him messily. I should be more clear, though. The beam came from off to the side of the road, from the wizard who standing over there.
(4:19:24 PM) Exterminatus: I know. That’s how ibby was addressing.
(4:19:36 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * hops on the cart and goes to off the man what killed the driver *
(4:19:52 PM) DM: Ok. Just so’s we’re clear that you’re letting the wizard continue unchecked.
(4:20:57 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * is giving him a knowing wink and letting him go. He’s partial to wizzers *
(4:21:28 PM) Exterminatus: the, “I could kill you if I wasn’t doing more important things like doing my job.”
(4:21:36 PM) Exterminatus: which in this case is keeping the cart from being hijacked.
(4:21:55 PM) DM: You leap up onto the cart and find a big man standing over the headless body of the carriage driver. Off to the left, on the ground, Kutz is still on his feet dealing with two remaining mooks. The big man at the head of the cart turns on you and hefts his axe.
(4:22:12 PM) DM: Roll init.
(4:22:21 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 5.
(4:22:23 PM) Exterminatus: 7
(4:22:30 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+2: (8)+ 2 = 10
(4:22:51 PM) DM: Neither of you are very good at init, but he goes first, leaping across the stacked barrels and swinging hard at you.
(4:22:59 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (8)+ 9 = 17
(4:23:12 PM) DM: It’s a miss. You up.
(4:25:40 PM) DM: You’re up, Ibby.
(4:26:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Thirsty for a bit of our ale? Sadly, it’s your own blood you’ll be tasting today, friend.” * he sweeps his sword low across the man’s knees *
(4:26:02 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(4:26:13 PM) DM: Jeeze. Damage?
(4:26:19 PM) Exterminatus: ibby, always wittier when he’s fighting for his life
(4:26:21 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 7.
(4:26:23 PM) Exterminatus: 13
(4:26:56 PM) DM: The man drops his axe, blocking your sword just after it crashes into the side of his leg, preventing it from taking his leg off.
(4:27:02 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+4: (15)+ 4 = 19
(4:27:24 PM) DM: Just then, another bolt crackles through the air from off to your right. This time it connects.
(4:28:02 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d6+2: (1)+ 2 = 3
(4:28:13 PM) DM: Jeeze, that’s lame. For save, plz.
(4:28:43 PM) DM: Fort save, that is.
(4:29:12 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 7.
(4:29:21 PM) Exterminatus: 11
(4:29:22 PM) Exterminatus: uuh oh
(4:29:34 PM) DM: -3 STR
(4:29:47 PM) DM: (And curse you, d6!)
(4:30:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * winces as he’s weakened * “Dirty. But I’m still a better warrior.”
(4:30:09 PM) DM: “Says you!”
(4:30:22 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * feints a high-line strike for the man’s eyes, then slashes across his guts *
(4:30:23 PM) Vargas: (-3 str?)
(4:30:24 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 8.
(4:30:28 PM) DM: It’s not your turn, dude.
(4:30:33 PM) Exterminatus: oh my mistake
(4:30:41 PM) Vargas: (That dude has necromancy?)
(4:30:43 PM) Exterminatus: (At least it’s not -4 strength, then it’d be a meme)
(4:30:56 PM) DM: (Dun dun dun!)
(4:31:22 PM) DM: Anyway, he attacks you with his Improved Disarm feat.
(4:31:32 PM) Exterminatus: okay.
(4:31:38 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+11: (15)+ 11 = 26
(4:32:04 PM) DM: And succeeds. Your sword goes clattering off to the right, tumbling down the side of the hill of beer casks.
(4:32:06 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Oops! Looks like you got my sword. Now I’m REALLY going to kick your ass.” * he shieldslams him *
(4:32:15 PM) DM: K.
(4:32:19 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 16.
(4:32:28 PM) DM: Total?
(4:32:37 PM) Exterminatus: I believe 24
(4:32:49 PM) Exterminatus: That shield is +1 to hit I think… gotta go check shieldslam real quick for something
(4:32:50 PM) Vargas: (haha, disarming adventurers just sends them back to their golf bag)
(4:33:15 PM) Exterminatus: (Disarming ibram just makes him mad)
(4:34:18 PM) DM: That’s a hit. And yes, I’ll accept that the spikes are +1 in melee as well.
(4:34:27 PM) Exterminatus: 1d6+2 then
(4:34:29 PM) Exterminatus: Random d6 dice result is a 4.
(4:34:36 PM) DM: Total?
(4:34:37 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * crack *
(4:34:40 PM) Exterminatus: 6
(4:34:55 PM) Vargas: (only half str dmg? lame)
(4:35:05 PM) Exterminatus: (no, he’s lost half his bonus)
(4:35:10 PM) Vargas: (oooh)
(4:35:13 PM) Vargas: (stupid me)
(4:36:19 PM) Vargas: (add another damage for the +1 on the spike?)
(4:36:46 PM) DM: The big man stumbles back, impressed, but not yet out of options.
(4:37:10 PM) Vargas: (in retrospect, so glad I gave Ib that potion)
(4:37:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Face it. Once my boys kill your shitty little wizard, you’re gonna die. Just walk away. Same option I give anyone I fight.”
(4:38:23 PM) DM: “What boys? Look around you. Your boys are dead.”
(4:38:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “SO are yours.”
(4:38:52 PM) DM: Off to your left, Kutz has one foe left, but other than them, it’s just you and the big man, here. And the spellcaster.
(4:39:08 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “And Kutz is a bad man.”
(4:39:16 PM) DM: “Unlike you, I don’t need /boys./”
(4:39:26 PM) DM: You get an AoO, Ibby, as he strikes at your shield.
(4:39:36 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Really, could sworn that’s what you prefer
(4:39:43 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * drives the shield right for his COJONES *
(4:39:46 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 4.
(4:39:50 PM) Exterminatus: damn you traitor dice.
(4:39:54 PM) DM: Heh.
(4:40:00 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (17)+ 9 = 26
(4:40:07 PM) DM: (Traitor dice indeed.)
(4:41:14 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d10+6: (8)+ 6 = 14
(4:41:25 PM) Exterminatus: oh it was an actual ATTACK
(4:41:47 PM) Vargas: (is it a sunder?)
(4:41:47 PM) DM: He puts a stout gash in your shield, but in the process his axe rings, sending vibrations up his arm that surprise him. That is a very hard shield.
(4:41:52 PM) Exterminatus: (Is his weapons actually magical? I think it may bounce sunders otherwise.)
(4:42:03 PM) DM: (A sunder.)
(4:42:05 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * steps back, then will bombard him with spikes. 5 foot. PEW PEW *
(4:42:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Open wide.”
(4:42:22 PM) Vargas: (Yeah, unless his weapon is > +1 your shield can’t be sundered.)
(4:42:24 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 19.
(4:42:25 PM) DM: Make the ranged attack, with +1 spines.
(4:43:05 PM) DM: (You guys need to remember: you’re getting into the level where that sort of thing is going to start appearing.)
(4:43:16 PM) Vargas: (Totally aware)
(4:43:17 PM) Exterminatus: hahaha, looting his damn axe then
(4:43:27 PM) Vargas: (Just mentioning it for your benefit)
(4:43:35 PM) Exterminatus: oh hey!
(4:43:42 PM) Exterminatus: crit threat, hits a 25 btw.
(4:43:45 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 8.
(4:43:52 PM) Exterminatus: (Traitordice strike)
(4:43:56 PM) Exterminatus: Random d10 dice result is a 4.
(4:44:05 PM) Exterminatus: Still, spike’d
(4:44:19 PM) Vargas: +1
(4:44:30 PM) Exterminatus: It does indeed!
(4:44:32 PM) Exterminatus: 5 points
(4:44:41 PM) DM: Yup! 5 damage. The guy pulls a spike out of his forearm and then scowls at you and steps in again.
(4:44:48 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (19)+ 9 = 28
(4:44:49 PM) Vargas: (I am living vicariously through Bill)
(4:45:03 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d10+6: (5)+ 6 = 11
(4:45:04 PM) Vargas: (or dying as the case may be)
(4:45:09 PM) DM: 11 damage.
(4:45:39 PM) DM: Your move.
(4:46:21 PM) Exterminatus: bear with me, checking soemthing
(4:46:46 PM) Exterminatus: is the cart moving?
(4:46:57 PM) DM: Not at this time.
(4:47:11 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * shield bashes him again, then *
(4:47:17 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 8.
(4:47:24 PM) Exterminatus: only hits a 16
(4:47:30 PM) DM: Nope.
(4:47:38 PM) Exterminatus: within ap range?
(4:47:48 PM) DM: With a perfect roll.
(4:47:55 PM) Exterminatus: forget it then
(4:48:06 PM) DM: Your strength returns.
(4:48:08 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (3)+ 9 = 12
(4:48:12 PM) DM: Fail!
(4:48:15 PM) DM: Your move.
(4:48:21 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * smiles, briefly, adn counters with another hard blow *
(4:48:23 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20] dice result is a 10.
(4:48:31 PM) Exterminatus: hits an 18. :<
(4:48:35 PM) Exterminatus: wait no a 20
(4:48:36 PM) Exterminatus: ap it
(4:48:37 PM) DM: AP?
(4:48:39 PM) Exterminatus: Random d6 dice result is a 1.
(4:48:41 PM) Exterminatus: fff
(4:48:41 PM) DM: No.
(4:48:48 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (17)+ 9 = 26
(4:48:56 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d10+6: (3)+ 6 = 9
(4:48:59 PM) DM: Another 9.
(4:49:11 PM) DM: Watch your HP. I remember you took some from a mook earlier, too.
(4:50:32 PM) DM: (I believe you can quaff a potion by five-foot-stepping in combination with drawing the potion as your move, and then drinking it as the standard action.)
(4:50:39 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * nosells it. Like pro wrestling. Taking an action to intimidate him, actually *
(4:50:51 PM) Exterminatus: That all you got?
(4:50:58 PM) Exterminatus: whoops, should have been ibby saying that
(4:51:02 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 20.
(4:51:10 PM) DM: HAH! Total?
(4:51:20 PM) Vargas: Drama dice.
(4:51:20 PM) DM: (Don’t forget your feat.)
(4:51:21 PM) Exterminatus: Yeah, intimidate check of 30
(4:51:29 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * da hulk *
(4:51:35 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * playin to the crowd *
(4:52:15 PM) DM: The man autofails his resist and pauses. He lifts his chin. “Who are you?” You have an action.
(4:52:35 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Me? Ibram corbec. Get off my cart.”
(4:52:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * points him towards the woods *
(4:53:58 PM) DM: Your opponent is shaken but not panicked. “No. I am not done yet.”
(4:54:02 PM) DM: Your init, Ibram.
(4:54:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * lashes another brutal blow out at him with the shield *
(4:54:37 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 4.
(4:54:41 PM) Exterminatus: Aw c’mon.
(4:55:17 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Guess not. Ever considered goin legit and workin for the College of Toads as a wizard’s guard? Pay’s alright and you can get drunk every day.”
(4:55:34 PM) DM: He blocks your blow, and Kutz chooses that moment to join the fray.
(4:55:51 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+10: (17)+ 10 = 27
(4:56:04 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d8+5: (1)+ 5 = 6
(4:56:10 PM) Vargas: (Kutz reminds me of Biggs and Wedge)
(4:56:25 PM) DM: The big man spins past that blow with only a relative scratch and lays into his true foe.
(4:56:31 PM) Exterminatus: (shit they’re gonna die when the real boss gets here)
(4:56:54 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+7: (1)+ 7 = 8
(4:57:02 PM) DM: Automiss!
(4:57:05 PM) DM: Your move.
(4:57:28 PM) DM: Oh wait, first…
(4:57:34 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+3: (6)+ 3 = 9
(4:57:56 PM) DM: An acid arrow burns the are between you, a miss.
(4:57:59 PM) DM: Now, your go.
(4:58:04 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * flanks with Kutz if he can, and continues to try to beat this guy into the ground *
(4:58:07 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 6.
(4:58:11 PM) Exterminatus: oh christ
(4:58:12 PM) DM: Srsly.
(4:58:16 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+10: (20)+ 10 = 30
(4:58:26 PM) Exterminatus: oh god an axe crit
(4:58:30 PM) DM: Kutz comes up behind the guy for the crit.
(4:58:32 PM) Vargas: (That’s kutz I think)
(4:58:34 PM) Exterminatus: well wait roll to confirm.
(4:58:36 PM) Exterminatus: oh good
(4:58:42 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+10: (1)+ 10 = 11
(4:58:46 PM) DM: Unconfirmed.
(4:58:47 PM) Vargas: (hahah)
(4:58:53 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d8+4: (7)+ 4 = 11
(4:59:11 PM) DM: The guy’s in bad shape, but he’s still on his feet.
(4:59:14 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+7: (20)+ 7 = 27
(4:59:22 PM) DM: THAT was the axe threat.
(4:59:28 PM) Exterminatus: aw shit
(4:59:29 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+7: (17)+ 7 = 24
(4:59:33 PM) DM: !!!
(4:59:38 PM) DM: How much HP you got left, home?
(4:59:43 PM) Exterminatus: 17
(4:59:44 PM) Vargas: (damn, this dude hasn’t rolled under 16 the whole fight)
(4:59:47 PM) DM: ‘Cause this is going to be rough.
(5:00:15 PM) Exterminatus: which means mathematically ibram drops
(5:00:27 PM) Exterminatus: And realistically he’s got a good chance of actually being permadeathed.
(5:00:35 PM) DM: Ibram is down. I’m afraid to roll it lest you die. What’s your CON?
(5:00:48 PM) Exterminatus: 16
(5:00:58 PM) Vargas: 32 to kill him
(5:01:04 PM) Vargas: err, 33
(5:01:04 PM) DM: So, 18 from STR
(5:01:11 PM) DM: And three d 10.
(5:01:16 PM) Exterminatus: (Math means… yeah.)
(5:02:02 PM) DM: 31 damage.
(5:02:04 PM) Vargas: (hey, question)
(5:02:19 PM) DM: I took the liberty of rolling behind the DM’s screen, so I could fudge if necessary.
(5:02:20 PM) DM: Yes, V?
(5:02:23 PM) Vargas: (What’s ib’s AC? And how long does shaken last?)
(5:02:31 PM) Exterminatus: Good point.
(5:02:34 PM) Exterminatus: 24
(5:02:55 PM) DM: That was his shaken attack bonus, I’m afraid. He exactly nailed Ibram’s AC on the confirm.
(5:03:00 PM) Vargas: (ahhh)
(5:03:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * drops off the cart and into the dirt. This is getting too familiar for him *
(5:03:30 PM) DM: Anyway, the dice were 2, 7, and 3, for 12, plus 18, equals ah, pardon me, 30 exactly.
(5:03:51 PM) DM: It’s all up to Kutz now.
(5:03:58 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+10: (18)+ 10 = 28
(5:04:10 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d8+4: (2)+ 4 = 6
(5:04:27 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (9)+ 9 = 18
(5:04:35 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+10: (8)+ 10 = 18
(5:04:39 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+9: (8)+ 9 = 17
(5:04:47 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d20+10: (17)+ 10 = 27
(5:05:01 PM) * * * DM rolls 1d8+4: (6)+ 4 = 10
(5:05:06 PM) Exterminatus: hrm. How’s bleeding out work?
(5:05:19 PM) DM: Ok, Ibram, just getting to that.
(5:05:45 PM) DM: I need you to make a CON check.
(5:06:21 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 12.
(5:06:26 PM) DM: Total?
(5:06:27 PM) Exterminatus: 15?
(5:06:42 PM) Exterminatus: yeah, 15 total
(5:07:15 PM) DM: -1. Again.
(5:07:37 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 15.
(5:07:40 PM) Exterminatus: 18
(5:07:51 PM) DM: And again, plz.
(5:07:56 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 7.
(5:08:13 PM) DM: What’s your CON score, again?
(5:08:20 PM) Exterminatus: 16
(5:08:45 PM) DM: One more.
(5:08:55 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 20.
(5:08:59 PM) DM: YES!
(5:09:02 PM) DM: YES! YES YES!
(5:09:10 PM) Exterminatus: wat?
(5:09:17 PM) Vargas: You live
(5:09:24 PM) DM: You went to -15, but a nat 20 auto-succeeds.
(5:09:25 PM) Exterminatus: oh
(5:09:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * too dumb to know when to die? *
(5:09:45 PM) DM: You are stable, on the last roll before dying.
(5:10:14 PM) DM: That was either win or die, dude. I wasn’t going to say anything, because I didn’t really want you to die and I was working out how to, y’know, fudge it. But way to go, drama-dice.
(5:10:24 PM) DM: A cure light wounds potion slides down your throat.
(5:10:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Nrgh.”
(5:11:00 PM) DM: (Plus, I couldn’t really see any good way to fudge it, at that point.)
(5:11:14 PM) Vargas: (This is a setting with time travel.)
(5:11:16 PM) DM: That is as close as I have ever seen it cut.
(5:11:38 PM) DM: (Heh.)
(5:11:38 PM) Vargas: (Ibram can’t die without paradox due to Bills session.)
(5:12:02 PM) DM: Well, he can’t completely die, anyway, but it would be annoying to do a rez quest this early in the game.
(5:12:11 PM) Vargas: (True)
(5:12:27 PM) DM: Ibram, Kutz is holding your head up. The magical ooze tastes sickly sweet.
(5:12:55 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “Hurk.”
(5:13:32 PM) DM: “Damn, Corbec. Didn’t think you were going to make it through that. Good thing you had this potion on you. Took one whiff of it and knew it was your only shot.
(5:13:58 PM) DM: ”
(5:14:12 PM) DM: You are conscious, but still negative HP and staggered, Ibram.
(5:15:03 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “The beer?”
(5:15:10 PM) DM: “What about it?”
(5:15:17 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> “is it okay?”
(5:15:56 PM) DM: “Hah! Yes, the beer’s fine. Up you get, Corbec. We don’t have all day. We need to get moving, and that damned warlock is still about somewhere.”
(5:17:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * stands, looking for his sword *
(5:18:09 PM) DM: You can have your sword, and your shield is still attached to your arm. There are 6 regular longswords about, and one very devastating axe.
(5:18:29 PM) DM: Everyone’s wearing armor, so that might be pawnable.
(5:20:18 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * gets the axe, takes that, and piles the armor on after removing it from the corpses * “I’ll take the axe, you take the rest, sound fair?”
(5:20:38 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * pauses * “I hate owing people, but I’ll owe you for this, I suppose.” * scowl *
(5:20:59 PM) DM: “I think not, son. I saved your ass, and you work for us. I’ll decide how the loot gets divvied.”
(5:21:37 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * shrugs his shoulders *
(5:25:00 PM) DM: So it shall be.
(5:25:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * stands, retrieves his own sword, sits on the cart and is just quiet and grumpy. Couldn’t even finish his own fight himself *
(5:29:03 PM) DM: You are rendered convalescent for the rest of the day, Ibram.
(5:29:36 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * hopes he gets a nice hospital with pretty nuns *
(5:30:24 PM) DM: No such luck. You get the back room of a pub for the rest of the day, until you’re well enough to hobble home without drawing too much attention.
(5:31:26 PM) * * * DM calculates lootz.
(5:32:25 PM) Exterminatus: does Hauser or Kutz give him shit?
(5:32:49 PM) DM: Shit in the form of gold pieces.
(5:33:03 PM) DM: 700 XP, for mooks bested.
(5:33:42 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> Oh no 400? I’m gonna remember that.
(5:33:57 PM) Exterminatus: yeah, when he murders them someday?
(5:33:57 PM) DM: And they round you up to 1000 gp after they evaluate the spoils of the fight and determine that the axe is indeed enchanted. That thousand includes your 400 fee.
(5:34:01 PM) Exterminatus: It’s gonna be over that hah
(5:34:11 PM) Exterminatus: no murderz then.
(5:34:15 PM) DM: Hehehehehe.
(5:34:59 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> THIS time
(5:35:26 PM) * * * DM flops over.

04JUL10

Clockwork Ancient