05SEP10


(07:00:50 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(07:01:05 PM) * * * Miriam is half asleep. Zombie groan.
(07:01:17 PM) Vargas: Best costume overall was a woman in Shepard’s N7 armor from Mass Effect.
(07:01:31 PM) Vargas: From the ones I had seen at least.
(07:01:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: Hrm, 3…. I need to do some brief recalculation, so you don’t all die, places please while I do so
(07:01:58 PM) Vargas: Is disco coming?
(07:02:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: if he is I don’t have to do a math vortex
(07:02:59 PM) Rivet: (his email seemed to leave some doubts)
(07:03:07 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(07:03:16 PM) Miriam: I don’t think he’s around tonight.
(07:03:17 PM) Captain_Tylor: hokay
(07:03:22 PM) * * * Vargas has been waiting patiently today. This marks the first time the Whump shall not take her by surprise. The “shop” has been closed today, and Vargas has been preparing by making tea, packing, and relaxing.
(07:03:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: good thing I didn’t do traps
(07:04:03 PM) * * * Miriam can spot and disable traps.
(07:06:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The world dims slightly, and a dozen conversations can be heard from nowhere
(07:07:41 PM) Vargas: (Can you describe the tone / language of the conversations?)
(07:08:01 PM) * * * Miriam takes a shot to the lip before she can say, “Wait, wait, stop!”
(07:08:22 PM) * * * Serribon is in his new digs at the monastery of Zhu. The disembodied voices intrude in whatever respite he’s managed to gain, and he makes a sound somewhere between wailing and a frustrated growl.
(07:08:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: (random conversation, elven, the things you’d hear near a busy plaza)
(07:09:12 PM) Vargas: “Hmm, elven.”
(07:09:57 PM) * * * Vargas grabs some flasks of tea for the others.
(07:10:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The world flickers again, the smell of garbage assaults your senses, then, a feeling rather like being drunk overcomes the group as they are standing in a dirty and garbage filled alleyway in the early evening
(07:11:18 PM) * * * Vargas spins. “Whoa…”
(07:11:21 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 1
(07:11:25 PM) * * * Vargas wretches.
(07:11:35 PM) Vargas: BARF.
(07:11:45 PM) Vargas: “Oh Gott, that stinks.”
(07:11:50 PM) * * * Miriam stumbles into the wall and catches herself before she can smash her face against it.
(07:12:04 PM) Captain_Tylor: * An elven boy, who in human years could be no more than 11 stares at Vargas puking, ”.....Cool.”
(07:12:36 PM) * * * Serribon looks about to get stock of the situation and gets to his feet. “Surrounded by garbage. And Miri is here. Lovely.”
(07:12:55 PM) Serribon: “Hello, Vargas.”
(07:12:57 PM) * * * Miriam straps on her pack. “Ugh. Leave it be, Serribon.”
(07:13:01 PM) Miriam: “Where are we?”
(07:13:11 PM) * * * Vargas staggers. “Unnngh. Wrong combinations of odors. Everyone okay? I got your goodies, Serribon.”
(07:14:02 PM) Captain_Tylor: <boy> “Uh, I was given a whole silver to give this to someone named Vargas. But, I got the feeling it was a boy.” * Offers an envalope
(07:14:26 PM) Vargas: “We know him. We shall take it for him.”
(07:14:37 PM) * * * Vargas shows the boy her white raven etched gauntlet.
(07:14:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: <boy> “Ok!” * Gives over the envalope and leaves
(07:14:58 PM) Miriam: “Well, that makes things easy.
(07:15:06 PM) Serribon: “Hm? Oh, yes. Thank you.”
(07:15:14 PM) * * * Vargas hands Serribon her bag. “Your armor, and weapon are therein. The new halberd is complete.”
(07:15:25 PM) * * * Vargas is sporting a righteous awesome new cane.
(07:15:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: (A pimp cane?)
(07:15:39 PM) Miriam: Sweet.
(07:15:46 PM) Miriam: Verily.
(07:15:55 PM) Vargas: (MW green dragon bone club/cane)
(07:15:56 PM) Serribon: “I appreciate it. The artifacts covered your costs?”
(07:16:03 PM) * * * Vargas nods to Serribon.
(07:16:26 PM) * * * Vargas offers them both flasks. “Tea, prepared 10 minutes ago for you.”
(07:16:29 PM) * * * Vargas opens the letter.
(07:16:33 PM) * * * Miriam finishes dressing out and folds her arms, watching.
(07:17:27 PM) * * * Serribon switches into his newish outfit and gives the halberd a few practice swings. “Excellent.”
(07:18:27 PM) * * * Vargas reads. “It’s always disturbing to be reading my own handwriting.”
(07:19:40 PM) Vargas: “I have warned myself thusly; Do not trust your apparent friends, beware of cats, and trust in the innocence of a child. PS: Search the books.”
(07:21:21 PM) Vargas: “So…”
(07:21:28 PM) Vargas: (Ben, what’s your time limit tonight?)
(07:21:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: (I have off tomorrow)
(07:21:43 PM) Vargas: “How do you like the tea, and how about we take a look around?”
(07:21:49 PM) Vargas: (Thanks for running tonight)
(07:21:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: (So, when I run out of tea, and I have a gallon of that)
(07:23:37 PM) * * * Vargas folds the letter away, and wipes away a small dribble of vomit that didn’t quite escape into the alley on the first volley.
(07:23:52 PM) Captain_Tylor: reflex save from everyone
(07:23:54 PM) * * * Miriam peers at Serribon for another moment and then says, “We might as well.”
(07:23:56 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 6
(07:23:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: DC 10
(07:24:09 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+7: (12)+ 7 = 19
(07:24:10 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+9: (1)+ 9 = 10
(07:24:18 PM) Vargas: 10
(07:24:24 PM) Miriam: 10 Ref.
(07:24:36 PM) Miriam: (With nat 1. :-( )
(07:24:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: * At that point, garbage is tossed from the 3rd story window of one of the surrounding windows, those who don’t save, get pelted
(07:25:04 PM) Serribon: “Yes, we should get going.”
(07:25:21 PM) Vargas: “Auugh, time to get out of here. Miriam, I’ll clean up out when we’re out of this alley.”
(07:25:41 PM) * * * Serribon hasn’t touched the tea, what with the smell of garbage so thick you can taste it and all. It would probably ruin the experience.
(07:26:07 PM) Miriam: Can you auto-fail a save?
(07:26:15 PM) Vargas: (yeah)
(07:26:24 PM) Vargas: (saves have the nat 1/20 rule)
(07:26:39 PM) * * * Miriam was afraid of that, and suffers a trash-pelting…
(07:26:45 PM) Miriam: “Yes, moving on.”
(07:27:00 PM) * * * Vargas heads out of the alley.
(07:27:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The group walks out of the alley and into a rather large trading bazzar, Int checks if anyone wants to try place this place
(07:28:14 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+2: (17)+ 2 = 19
(07:28:36 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+2: (5)+ 2 = 7
(07:28:41 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 16
(07:28:43 PM) Vargas: 21
(07:28:45 PM) * * * Miriam is apparently really distracted tonight…
(07:29:14 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 11
(07:29:17 PM) Vargas: 19 perc
(07:30:07 PM) Vargas: “We are in Bathalas. That’s the library over there. But it looks like it has been burned out, and bricked off.”
(07:30:39 PM) Serribon: “The age of darkness again and sometime after our previous exploits, then.”
(07:30:42 PM) Captain_Tylor: * There are fruit and grain vendors, and one dealing in religious texts for the church of the avenging one, and several offereing sacrifices for sale near that one
(07:30:51 PM) Ancient [Ancient@166.137.12.194] entered the room.
(07:31:03 PM) #beyondshadowrun: mode (+o Ancient) by Captain_Tylor
(07:31:19 PM) Vargas: Vargas> “We are in Bathalas. That’s the library over there. But it looks like it has been burned out, and bricked off.”
(07:31:21 PM) Vargas: [19:30] <serribon> “The age of darkness again and sometime after our previous exploits, then.”
(07:31:22 PM) Vargas: [19:30] <captain_tylor> * There are fruit and grain vendors, and one dealing in religious texts for the church of the avenging one, and several offereing sacrifices for sale near that one
(07:31:43 PM) Ancient: Heh, switching to backup Internets. Apparently the local router reception doesn’t reach this far.
(07:31:49 PM) Miriam left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 180 seconds).
(07:31:59 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(07:32:24 PM) Vargas: “Hmm.”
(07:32:30 PM) Vargas: (Does Miriam have a hood?)
(07:32:53 PM) Miriam: “So this is… what? Just after the library burned? Maybe in Cassandra’s past, when the badguys had taken over for a while?”
(07:32:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The streets are full of elves, so, um, V doesn’t stick out, but the rest of you are noticable
(07:33:21 PM) * * * Miriam has a hood in her pack, and puts one on if that’s what people are doing.
(07:33:26 PM) * * * Serribon should pass casual inspection.
(07:33:33 PM) * * * Vargas nods to Miriam, and makes a gesture for her to raise a hood.
(07:33:45 PM) Serribon: (other than the lizard suit, I guess)
(07:33:52 PM) * * * Miriam dons her travelling cloak, then, and hoods up.
(07:34:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: Perc rolls please
(07:34:04 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 12
(07:34:06 PM) Vargas: 20
(07:34:17 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (17)+ 11 = 28
(07:34:23 PM) Miriam: +2 more for Undead or traps.
(07:34:24 PM) * * * Serribon tosses on his desert cloak and such.
(07:34:40 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (4)+ 12 = 16
(07:34:49 PM) Serribon: (+2 v. fey)
(07:34:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: ok
(07:35:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: information has been sent
(07:35:53 PM) Vargas: (Barring something popping up, V will start leading the team looking for an inn or tavern.)
(07:36:47 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 8
(07:36:47 PM) * * * Serribon must’ve had his keffiyeh on backwards
(07:36:47 PM) Vargas: 13 to find the way
(07:37:26 PM) * * * Miriam says, “Go slow,” to Vargas. “Let me window-shop along the way.”
(07:37:36 PM) * * * Vargas nods to Miriam.
(07:37:50 PM) * * * Serribon follows along.
(07:38:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The shops have lots of simple and very conservative clothing, occasionally someone gives Serribon a sly grin as they walk along
(07:38:34 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(I can’t believe I’ve traveled the past here so many times, I can find my way to a tavern that hasn’t existed for a thousand years.)
(07:38:50 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (18)+ 11 = 29
(07:38:53 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (12)+ 11 = 23
(07:38:55 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (8)+ 11 = 19
(07:39:07 PM) * * * Vargas is still dressed like a tom boy
(07:39:45 PM) * * * Serribon scowls at all the lookie-loos.
(07:40:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: * As Vargas leads the group around the corner, they come to a building that looks like it burnt to the ground, there is a sign posted near the ruins and people avoid the area
(07:40:47 PM) * * * Serribon checks the sign.
(07:40:50 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Can’t say that’s really a surprise.)
(07:41:03 PM) Vargas: (Were there any other inns or taverns nearby?)
(07:41:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sign> <elven> “Behold the fate of all infidels!”
(07:41:31 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 14
(07:41:34 PM) Vargas: 19
(07:42:30 PM) * * * Miriam catches up to the other two, glancing over her shoulder. “Unwelcoming place.”
(07:43:06 PM) * * * Vargas says to the others, “I think I led us the wrong way. This way.”
(07:43:23 PM) * * * Serribon says in Andro, “They are in the middle of a civil war.”
(07:43:28 PM) * * * Vargas will try to find a corner for the three to walk.
(07:43:45 PM) Vargas: (err, talk)
(07:44:04 PM) * * * Vargas whispers to the others, “I just remembered something Cass told me once.”
(07:44:30 PM) Vargas: “There are no taverns or inns anymore. Visitors are forced to sleep under guard at Avenging temples.”
(07:45:03 PM) Vargas: “But I do remember where some of those old passages are. You know those … stinky, wet ones.”
(07:46:03 PM) Miriam: “Yeah, some kind of alternate plan. They’ll never let us keep our weapons and such.”
(07:46:39 PM) Serribon: “Between us, we should be able to avoid the patrols in the undercity.”
(07:47:25 PM) Vargas: “Let’s give it a try.”
(07:47:35 PM) Miriam: “Also, keep your eyes open for whoever’s following us. I haven’t been able to get a bead on him, but someone was on our tail for a while, anyway. Child, or halfling, maybe.”
(07:47:49 PM) Miriam: RETCON:
(07:47:57 PM) Serribon: “Does that lodging spell of yours provide external camouflage?”
(07:48:13 PM) Miriam: “I haven’t been able to get a bead on it, but something was on our tail for a while. Something small.”
(07:48:16 PM) Vargas: “Solid external color.”
(07:48:23 PM) * * * Serribon keeps an eye out.
(07:48:25 PM) * * * Vargas says to Miriam, “Is it a cat?”
(07:48:26 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (8)+ 12 = 20
(07:48:50 PM) Miriam: “I don’t know. Like I said, I couldn’t get a good look. Might have been.”
(07:50:37 PM) Miriam: “So what are we going to do? Is a safe haven our first priority?”
(07:50:51 PM) * * * Vargas makes a handsign the team has used before to indicate he’s seen a bogey.
(07:51:03 PM) Vargas: RETCON
(07:51:09 PM) Vargas: (I got info meant for Serribon)
(07:51:09 PM) Miriam: Heh, poor Ben.
(07:51:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: I have many windows up
(07:51:15 PM) Serribon: “We should not go to ground until we know for sure. That would be a sure way to get caught.”
(07:51:36 PM) * * * Serribon makes the sign Vargas co-opted.
(07:52:13 PM) Serribon: <andro> “Young girl across the street. Might just be paranoid, though.”
(07:52:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: Perc checks
(07:52:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: save Serri
(07:52:37 PM) Vargas: (shall I roll to see how much Andro I understand?)
(07:52:39 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 17
(07:52:45 PM) Vargas: 25
(07:54:03 PM) Ancient [Ancient@166.137.12.194] entered the room.
(07:54:06 PM) Serribon: (it should probably compare to Common like Spanish to Portugese. Verbs and nouns would be similar, with funny endings. Though up to Ancient ultimately. Linguistics check should help)
(07:54:12 PM) Miriam left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 180 seconds).
(07:54:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: perception foll Ancient
(07:54:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: er roll
(07:54:39 PM) Ancient: (6:52:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: Perc checks
(07:54:40 PM) Ancient: (6:52:52 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (8)+ 11 = 19
(07:54:40 PM) Ancient: (6:53:01 PM) Miriam: 19, +2 for Undead or traps.
(07:54:40 PM) Ancient: (6:53:10 PM) Miriam: (+4 for undead traps!)
(07:54:49 PM) Ancient: Then I dropped. What was this about languages?
(07:54:58 PM) Ancient: (And I should be stable, now. I’m back indoors near the router.)
(07:55:17 PM) Vargas: (serribon has said some stuff in Andro, do I need to roll linguistics to see if I can’t figure out what some of it means)
(07:55:19 PM) Serribon: (Serri gave his info in Andro, which Vargas doesn’t know. But you did say it was the root for the Common we all share)
(07:55:49 PM) #beyondshadowrun: mode (+o Ancient) by Captain_Tylor
(07:56:04 PM) Ancient: (Yeah, Andro IS Common.)
(07:56:19 PM) Vargas: (Oh.)
(07:56:29 PM) Serribon: (ohh. nm, then)
(07:56:40 PM) Serribon: (thought it was slightly different)
(07:56:51 PM) Ancient: (In Cassandra’s land, what we call Common is not the local language, but is well-known to scholars and religious types.)
(07:57:50 PM) Vargas: “Well, my letter said to beware appearant friends, but yet trust in the innocence of a child.”
(07:57:56 PM) * * * Ancient rolls 1d20+8: (8)+ 8 = 16
(07:57:58 PM) Ancient: Sense motive.
(07:58:01 PM) * * * Serribon would not have known that, so thinks he’s being clever.
(07:58:02 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(07:59:41 PM) Vargas: (How many more hours before nightfall?)
(07:59:44 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+4: (12)+ 4 = 16
(07:59:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: maybe 45 minutes to an hour
(08:00:02 PM) Serribon: (sense motive. forgot I had it)
(08:00:32 PM) * * * Miriam tries to keep an eye on the girl. “When I was young, I used to live out of other people’s attics. Shops and barns often had storage spaces the owners rarely entered. There are plenty of holes in a city this size like that, in addition to abandoned buildings and whatnot. The place to go is the slums, though.”
(08:00:39 PM) Vargas: “We have less than an hour until night fall. We only have so much time, but then again most people have night vision.”
(08:01:10 PM) * * * Vargas will try to remember if he knew which way leads to the slums.
(08:01:14 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 15
(08:01:17 PM) Vargas: 20
(08:01:28 PM) Vargas: (oh, nvm.)
(08:01:32 PM) Vargas: (We /are/ in the slums)
(08:01:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The girl gets up, walks to the corner, looks at the group, and walks into an alleyway
(08:02:06 PM) Vargas: “Let’s follow her.”
(08:02:14 PM) * * * Miriam nods. “I think she knows we made her.”
(08:02:28 PM) Serribon: “Seems like. Best not to let her escape.
(08:02:58 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (15)+ 12 = 27
(08:03:01 PM) Serribon: (perc)
(08:03:05 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+9: (14)+ 9 = 23
(08:03:09 PM) Serribon: (survival to track)
(08:03:24 PM) * * * Miriam looks quickly for a route of circumnavigation, so she can come from the other end of the alley.
(08:03:37 PM) Serribon: (make that 24. forgot my class feature)
(08:05:06 PM) * * * Serribon indicates the path to the others and looks up the wall, to see if she’s taken to the rooftops.
(08:05:15 PM) * * * Miriam moves with the others to the entrance to the alley, glancing to make sure they’re not otherwise followed.
(08:05:18 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20: (9) = 9
(08:05:27 PM) Miriam: +11, 20 GUPC.
(08:05:37 PM) * * * Vargas just follows like a good wizard.
(08:06:48 PM) * * * Serribon checks for bolt-holes and secret passage triggers.
(08:06:53 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (12)+ 12 = 24
(08:07:29 PM) Miriam: +2 as always vs traps and undead.
(08:08:58 PM) Serribon: “Illusory wall.”
(08:09:29 PM) Vargas: “Interesting. Illusionary wall in the slums.”
(08:09:34 PM) Serribon: (disbelief work on this type?)
(08:09:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: no
(08:09:45 PM) * * * Vargas looks to the others. “Resistance movement?”
(08:09:57 PM) * * * Miriam nods.
(08:10:21 PM) Vargas: “Lead the way.”
(08:10:51 PM) Serribon: “Probably guarded or trapped.” He turns to Miriam, “Match for it?”
(08:11:11 PM) Miriam: “Pardon?
(08:11:12 PM) Miriam: ”
(08:11:35 PM) * * * Serribon holds out his hand and cycles through the rock-paper-scissors gestures.
(08:11:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl>
(08:36:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sickly> * Sighs, “This is a bad plan. I’ve studied magic for almost 120 years Kori… Even with Marduk’s blessing…”
(08:37:01 PM) Miriam: “With respect, sir, wizards are known to be tricky, but you might consider taking him earlier, before he can prepare his spells, and negate that much more of his preparation.”
(08:37:11 PM) Miriam: “Perhaps even while he is meditating.”
(08:37:27 PM) * * * Vargas says to Serribon, “Look for cats.”
(08:37:56 PM) Vargas: “Sir, with all due respect in theory there is no difference between theory, and practice. In practice there is. Just getting on top of a wizard is rarely as easy as expected. You don’t send an entire unit when you want to kill a wizard. I should know.”
(08:38:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “No secret path into his room that can be accessed.”
(08:38:22 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “The men are… For the children.”
(08:38:47 PM) Vargas: “The children?”
(08:39:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> * Nods and just looks disgusted
(08:39:22 PM) Miriam: “Explain, please?”
(08:39:22 PM) Vargas: “Please explain.”
(08:39:32 PM) Vargas: (xnij?)
(08:39:37 PM) Vargas: (hehe)
(08:39:41 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (1)+ 12 = 13
(08:39:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sickly> “Come with me….” * He walks over to a pool of water in the corner
(08:39:52 PM) Serribon: (GUPC)
(08:40:14 PM) * * * Vargas follows the sickly one.
(08:40:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sickly> * Starts chanting
(08:41:07 PM) * * * Vargas studies the spellcraft intently.
(08:41:20 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 3
(08:41:23 PM) Vargas: 21
(08:42:05 PM) * * * Serribon sidles up to Koriander and gestures towards the other elf since he’s busy. He asks quietly, “What is his name?”
(08:42:13 PM) Captain_Tylor: * An image appears on the water, its of 4 children strapped to tables in a darkish room, there is an old and odd looking elf looming over one with a knife, chanting as well
(08:42:15 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Scrying magic. And a pool of water. How are these rela…”
(08:42:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “Didio…”
(08:42:46 PM) * * * Miriam sidles up to Kori—damn it, Serribon.
(08:42:56 PM) Miriam: I walk away from the keyboard for one minute…
(08:42:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: * After the elf stops chanting he slits the child’s throat, its shadow slinking away and red eyes appearing in it, an evil laugh echoing through the room as he moves onto the next one
(08:43:29 PM) * * * Serribon nods, “Ah. The one las Sara mentioned. A friend of her mothers, yes?”
(08:43:32 PM) * * * Vargas drops her cane.
(08:44:01 PM) * * * Miriam actually follows Vargas to the pool. She looks down into the water and frowns.
(08:44:05 PM) Vargas: (Shadow like the kind we saw in the library?)
(08:44:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Exactly)
(08:44:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “He was her last full fledged apprentice. Shame he’s only a diviner and not a useful mage.”
(08:44:30 PM) Vargas: “Mein Gott! That’s where shadows come from?!?”
(08:44:48 PM) Serribon: “Forewarned is foe-armed, as they say.”
(08:44:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> * Looks at Vargas and nods, “Dark magic.”
(08:44:53 PM) Serribon: * fore-armed
(08:45:05 PM) * * * Miriam looks over at Koriander and Serribon.
(08:45:50 PM) Serribon: “What’s that, Vargas?”
(08:46:17 PM) * * * Vargas answers Serribon, “Do you remember the shadows we fought in the ruins of library in the desert?”
(08:46:34 PM) Serribon: “The ones that devour your strength?”
(08:46:46 PM) * * * Miriam approaches Koriander. “It seems to me that you would rather strike him when he is meditating, by your words, sir. If we can reach him there, shouldn’t we?”
(08:46:48 PM) Vargas: “This necromancer… manu… manufactures them by sacrificing children.”
(08:46:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The water shimmers a bit and is water again
(08:47:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “That would be dishonorable.”
(08:47:23 PM) * * * Vargas fetches her cane once the scrying is complete.
(08:47:24 PM) * * * Serribon nods grimly. “That clears up any moral issues with dispatching him, then.”
(08:47:35 PM) Miriam: Diplo…
(08:47:39 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+13: (17)+ 13 = 30
(08:48:38 PM) Miriam: “If you fail,” says Miriam, reaching up and resting her hand on his armor, “that continues to happen. There is only one honorable outcome, and that is the death of the demon.”
(08:49:13 PM) Serribon: “A minor dishonour is preferrable to allowing something like that to continue. And I can assure you from experience – there is no such thing as an ‘unprepared’ wizard. Only one without magics at the ready.”
(08:49:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “We all fight in the honor of the honorable Tyranthraxus. From the front. Honorably. And in doing so, Marduk blesses us.”
(08:50:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “I was going to take the men… And um… Deal with the children… While… Kori handles the necromancer… That was er, the plan at least.”
(08:51:15 PM) Vargas: “You are aware that any of your men killed by the shadows will rise as more shadows, aren’t you?”
(08:51:34 PM) Serribon: “It would not reflect upon you, regardless. I imagine we would be undertaking this assassination unless you have an expert among your members. Our role as Companions is to do the jobs the Avenging One cannot sully he- himself with.”
(08:51:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “Nonsense! They are all devout and Didio prepared a charm to protect their souls!”
(08:51:38 PM) Vargas: “The more men you bring, the more you risk bolstering their numbers.”
(08:52:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> * Stares at Serribon, “The avenging one? The devil that has taken my town? Or, is this… A mistranslation since your accent is wierd?”
(08:52:32 PM) Vargas: “Translation.”
(08:52:52 PM) Vargas: “He is not familiar with your pantheon.”
(08:53:48 PM) Serribon: “Yes, sorry. I mean the great hero in the stories. Your grandiose titles tend to run together a bit.”
(08:53:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “So be it. But you are here! It is an omen! Perhaps you can protect the men with Didio? I and a few others will meet the fiend once his thigns are dealt with. He never leads from the front. Coward.”
(08:54:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Um, I need to rest. Maybe the morning?”
(08:54:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “I mean. Necromancers hate mornings. More than I do.”
(08:55:00 PM) Vargas: “Moving tonight would be ill advised. At least wait that long.”
(08:55:15 PM) * * * Vargas looks at the others. .oO(Oh, this is going to be a long night.)
(08:55:38 PM) * * * Miriam shakes her head, stepping away from the group.
(08:55:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “Fine. Rest then. We don’t have much, but feel free to sleep here.” * He stomps off looking like a sulky paladin that got told he has to wait to smite evil
(08:56:15 PM) Serribon: “One of us should stay with you, Diviner – you are apparently integral to tomorrow’s plan and it would not do to have something happen to you in the interim.”
(08:56:45 PM) * * * Vargas says to the others, “We should find someplace private to talk for a minute. Then we can join Didio if needed.”
(08:56:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “I am going to go sleep on that pile of rags after studying for a bit. If you would be so kind as to get me some water I would be greatful.”
(08:57:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Go out the door and about 300 feet to the north. There is another room that we store weapons in there.”
(08:57:53 PM) Vargas: “Ahh, thank you, Didio.”
(08:58:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> * Smiles and starts reading from a book
(08:58:31 PM) * * * Vargas heads that way.
(08:58:32 PM) * * * Serribon goes with the others to said storeroom.
(08:58:48 PM) * * * Miriam follows, lost in thought.
(08:58:49 PM) * * * Vargas facepalms once they get to the storeroom, and close the door.
(08:58:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: * There is the room as told. It is full of scrounged weapons, some cheap blades, several arrows, a few old bows, lots of daggers
(08:59:08 PM) Vargas: “Oh damn. He’s worse than Ibram.”
(08:59:15 PM) Serribon: “So – which one do you think it is?”
(08:59:38 PM) Miriam: “Which one what?”
(08:59:59 PM) Vargas: “I don’t think there is a single traitor. I think the letter warns to not trust the plan they have.”
(09:00:33 PM) Serribon: “Someone is going to report to the necromancer. I wish Vargas had been clearer – but I suppose interception was a concern.”
(09:01:08 PM) Miriam: “Screw them all. Let’s go tonight and give it a try.”
(09:01:36 PM) * * * Vargas takes a look around.
(09:01:41 PM) * * * Vargas searches the room.
(09:02:02 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 12
(09:02:06 PM) Vargas: 20
(09:02:10 PM) Miriam: “What are you looking for?”
(09:02:14 PM) Vargas: “A feline familiar.”
(09:02:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: * Vargas pushes a box out of the way, and there is a small passage with the little girl sitting there listening
(09:02:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “Ehehe… Hi?”
(09:03:11 PM) * * * Vargas waves. “Hey there. Care to join us?”
(09:03:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “Uh. I needed to get some oil out of here… For um… The lamps. But I’m not allowed in here, so I have to take the secret paths.”
(09:04:05 PM) Serribon: “Mm-hmm.”
(09:04:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “No. Really. I’m not allowed to do anything much. Other than go to music lessons and lead that idiot around the tunnels since he can never remember the ways.”
(09:05:02 PM) Vargas: “Well, I hate to say it, Koriander took our appearance the wrong way.”
(09:05:06 PM) Serribon: “Which one?”
(09:05:12 PM) Vargas: “Now he wants to raid tomorrow.”
(09:05:23 PM) * * * Vargas thinks.
(09:05:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “I told you he was an idiot. I mean, I believe in Marduk, but, I also see things.”
(09:05:44 PM) * * * Vargas asks the girl, “Does Didio have a familiar?”
(09:05:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “Yeah… He does, why?”
(09:06:26 PM) Vargas: ”... have you seen it lately?”
(09:06:58 PM) Vargas: “What kind is it?”
(09:07:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “Well he did. It got killed last year. Supposedly he did the ceremony to get another one a few months ago, but, I haven’t been around much. I hope its another hedgehog. They’re cute.”
(09:07:51 PM) Vargas: “Hmm.”
(09:08:36 PM) * * * Vargas says to Miriam, “I too was thinking we should attack before their raid. Pre-empt this entire catastrophe. But we don’t know where the target is.”
(09:09:00 PM) Serribon: “We don’t… how about you, girl?”
(09:09:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> * Points at a tin, “Can I have that oil. Huh? I don’t have a familiar. Studying magic without the King’s permission is a crime punishable by burning at the stake.”
(09:10:01 PM) Miriam: “He’s asking if you know how to reach the necromancer, Sara.”
(09:10:03 PM) * * * Vargas offers her some of the oil.
(09:10:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <girl> “But… Don’t tell anyone. Master is teaching me magical musi…. OH! I know how to get there, but… You wouldn’t fit.”
(09:10:52 PM) Vargas: “We won’t tell anyone.”
(09:11:30 PM) Serribon: “I doubt it will come up, anyway. We do not plan on chatting with the necromancer.’
(09:11:54 PM) Vargas: “I know of some secret tunnels too. Perhaps I can describe them, and maybe it will spark some ideas.”
(09:12:22 PM) Serribon: “How much of your path is accessibly only to someone of your size?”
(09:12:25 PM) Vargas: “Regardless, I think if we’re going to save your friends we need to either find a way to kill the necromancer first, or at least delay the raid itself.”
(09:12:47 PM) * * * Vargas says, “Serribon, don’t you have a potion of shrinking?”
(09:13:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “Um, about half of it. I mean there is a way into the library and old temple of Marduk, but you need a key. Koriander has that. The way I get through is an old dumbwaiter.”
(09:13:11 PM) Serribon: “Yes. Which is why I ask.”
(09:13:51 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “That and the necromancer’s room has some magic spell that talks if anyone goes through the secret passages near it.”
(09:14:07 PM) Serribon: “But I only have the one, and the duration is limited. So it is not a perfect solution.”
(09:14:11 PM) Vargas: “Hmm. Magic mouth spells.”
(09:14:47 PM) * * * Miriam purses her lips.
(09:15:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “I just wish Didio didn’t keep saying they need to hurry and kill him. He’s kind of impatient. Something about magic stuff I don’t understand.”
(09:15:31 PM) Vargas: “It has to do with the nature of those shadows he’s making.”
(09:16:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “But thanks for the oil.” * She smiles and takes it, “I guess. Its all over my head. Bye.” * She starts back into the passage
(09:16:24 PM) Vargas: “Once you have enough shadows, you unleash them in a pack, and anyone they kill becomes another shadow.”
(09:16:59 PM) Miriam: “So, what are we going to do?”
(09:17:24 PM) Vargas: “Hey Sara.”
(09:17:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> * Stops and looks back, “Eh?”
(09:17:57 PM) Vargas: “Do you think you could do something really awesome, really heroic? Do you think you could get Koriander’s key easily?”
(09:18:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “Ew, no way, he keeps that in his pants.”
(09:18:32 PM) * * * Vargas facepalms.
(09:18:44 PM) Vargas: “Ahh. I see.”
(09:19:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “Besides, that sounds like a thief. They’re not all that heroic. I’ve heard lots of tales. But, I gotta go oil the lamps.” * She continues out
(09:20:15 PM) * * * Vargas looks to the others. “So. Given the nature of things, I can’t prepare new spells before our action needs to go down. And we don’t have the resources to shrink all of us.”
(09:20:32 PM) Miriam: “So, again, what are we going to do? We have small tunnels, one potion of shrinkage, magic alarms, and of course the necromancer.”
(09:21:06 PM) Vargas: “I could attempt a knock spell as well, and hope it bypasses the lock. But that will consume my one application of spontaneous magic.”
(09:21:32 PM) Serribon: “We could try to get the key ourselves, but unless they have some sort of communal baths, it will be very difficult.”
(09:21:54 PM) Vargas: “I don’t know. I mean, I never sleep with my pants on.”
(09:22:33 PM) Vargas: “He might not.”
(09:22:39 PM) Vargas: “Then again, wait.”
(09:22:47 PM) * * * Vargas rolls her eyes.
(09:22:51 PM) Vargas: “Elves don’t sleep.”
(09:23:31 PM) Vargas: “Let me bring Didio his water. I’ll be right back.”
(09:23:45 PM) Miriam: GM, what’s the timetable, exactly? So we aren’t misunderstanding anything.
(09:23:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: Its evening, in the morning, the plan is a go
(09:24:21 PM) Miriam: Roger that.
(09:25:35 PM) * * * Vargas does water duty, then returns.
(09:26:09 PM) Miriam: “Any more information?
(09:26:10 PM) Miriam: ”
(09:26:17 PM) Vargas: “He was still studying.”
(09:26:31 PM) Miriam: “I see. No sign of a cat so far?”
(09:27:26 PM) Serribon: “Perhaps it is not a literal cat, but someone’s name or personal symbol?”
(09:27:41 PM) Vargas: “It’s possible.”
(09:28:19 PM) Miriam: “Or maybe it’s something we’ll run into later. In any case, how do we get to the necromancer while he’s meditating? Can we send one of our number in to open doors for the others?”
(09:30:58 PM) Serribon: “You would be the most likely candidate for that.”
(09:31:11 PM) Vargas: “We could. At least until we get closer.”
(09:32:17 PM) Miriam: “Well, that’s the only idea I’ve got. You’re in charge, Mister Wizard. Make a decision.”
(09:32:37 PM) Vargas: “Well, that potion is only going to last for 1 minute.”
(09:32:46 PM) Vargas: “Now that I think of it.”
(09:32:49 PM) Serribon: (actually, it was up-level and lasts for 5)
(09:32:53 PM) Vargas: (oh)
(09:32:57 PM) Vargas: (retcon)
(09:34:05 PM) Vargas: “I say we try to see if we can’t steal Koriander’s key.”
(09:34:23 PM) Vargas: “I’m concerned that potion won’t last long enough to get Miriam in.”
(09:34:23 PM) Miriam: “I can cover a lot of ground in five minutes, depending on how things go. I only have to get to a door that works for us.”
(09:34:38 PM) Vargas: “Hmm.
(09:34:51 PM) Vargas: “I defer to your judgement there, on the matter of ground.”
(09:34:54 PM) Serribon: “Or if you can somehow bypass his ward, you may be able to just put the knife in him and be on your way.”
(09:35:22 PM) Miriam: “If we take longer than five minutes to reach him, then we are in trouble anyway. But there’s no harm in trying to get the key first. Do you have your invisibility spells?”
(09:35:44 PM) * * * Vargas reaches into her pack. ”... oh crap.”
(09:36:07 PM) Miriam: “What?”
(09:36:11 PM) Miriam: ”/What?/”
(09:36:25 PM) Vargas: “I, uh, had to sell that wand in order to afford the spell that can predict when the whump comes. And I didn’t prepare invisibility this morning because I’m so used to having it.”
(09:37:06 PM) Serribon: “Uh-huh…”
(09:37:09 PM) * * * Miriam just goes, “Wow. All right. That will make things more difficult.”
(09:37:11 PM) * * * Vargas rummages around. “No scrolls either.”
(09:37:41 PM) Miriam: “Well, you can’t always get what you want. Should I try it anyway?”
(09:37:50 PM) Vargas: “Give it a shot.”
(09:38:32 PM) Miriam: All right, DM, Miriam is going to try to steal the key. What’s it the key too again, btw?
(09:38:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: Its a door key
(09:39:11 PM) Miriam: I assume it’s a door we want to open, for whatever reason. What’s Miriam up against in acquiring it?
(09:41:01 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (17)+ 11 = 28
(09:41:02 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (7)+ 11 = 18
(09:41:05 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (10)+ 11 = 21
(09:41:11 PM) Miriam: AP as required.
(09:41:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: 2nd and 3rd are within AP range
(09:41:34 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d6: (6) = 6
(09:41:36 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d6: (6) = 6
(09:41:39 PM) * * * Miriam chuckles.
(09:41:47 PM) Miriam: (Quietly.)
(09:41:59 PM) Vargas: (Who needs damn magic? Not Miriam.)
(09:42:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: * Miriam sneaks through the halls and into the paladin’s chamber. He is currently distracted by something on the table.
(09:42:34 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+8: (3)+ 8 = 11
(09:42:36 PM) Miriam: Sleight of Hand.
(09:42:49 PM) Miriam: I’ve used… 4 APs this level. That leaves me how many?
(09:43:06 PM) Vargas: (I don’t have my Eberron book handy)
(09:43:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: Um, you’re not in range
(09:43:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: not with an 11
(09:43:23 PM) Serribon: (3. You get 7 at lv 5)
(09:43:25 PM) Miriam: Didn’t think I was.
(09:43:39 PM) Miriam: (Thanks, Serri.)
(09:44:04 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> * Grabs Miriam’s hand, “Can I help you with something Miss?”
(09:44:22 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+5: (11)+ 5 = 16
(09:44:27 PM) Miriam: 16 bluff, let’s see…
(09:44:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: you are so fsking lucky, provided its believable
(09:48:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: Did I die?
(09:48:11 PM) * * * Miriam winches as her hand is grabbed. “I’m sorry! Was I too forward? I didn’t mean to offend you, if your culture is more conservative than I’m used to.”
(09:48:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “Miss… I am engaged… I… Can not. She just…”
(09:49:48 PM) Miriam: “Oh, gods above, I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I will withdraw if you desire.”
(09:50:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> ”....thank you. I am hoping after all this, she will be safely with us again.”
(09:51:42 PM) Miriam: “She is safely sequestered somewhere, I take it?”
(09:52:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “She was taken with the children.”
(09:52:53 PM) Miriam: “Oh no. Again, I am so sorry. You must be devastated.”
(09:53:17 PM) * * * Miriam is thinking hard and fast for some kind of solution to this situation, since her bluff seems to have work.
(09:53:17 PM) Miriam: worked.
(09:53:25 PM) Captain_Tylor: <koriander> “That is why speed is of the greatest importance. Anyways. Get some rest. We will need it in the morning.”
(09:53:53 PM) Miriam: What’s it the key too, again?
(09:54:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: The sealed door to the library
(09:54:15 PM) Miriam: K.
(09:55:26 PM) Miriam: What would I roll to determine this guy’s general XP level, how likely he is to be able to resist something?
(09:56:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: You tell me what you roll and I’ll give you the pertanent info
(09:56:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: there are several things
(09:56:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: knowledges mostly
(09:56:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: nobility would be the most obvious as he was in full plate and that’s generally a noble thing
(09:57:54 PM) * * * Miriam has K. Nobility and she has her base Wisdom score. She’s trying to figure out what her odds are on Hold Person at DC 13. She’s used it before, and seen some tougher minds resist it.
(09:58:06 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+5: (15)+ 5 = 20
(09:58:09 PM) Miriam: K. Nobility.
(09:58:12 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+3: (7)+ 3 = 10
(09:58:14 PM) Miriam: Wisdom.
(09:58:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: less than 50/50
(09:58:45 PM) * * * Miriam sighs and calls it a loss. She bids him good night and returns to the party.
(09:58:56 PM) Miriam: “No dice. And now he thinks I have the hots for him.”
(09:59:18 PM) Vargas: “Well, I guess we’ll have to try the other route then.”
(10:00:03 PM) Miriam: “Which means I’m up again.” Miriam looks at the floor and bites her lip.
(10:00:26 PM) Serribon: “I can lead us back out to the city, but we would need to find the girl again to navigate her path to the necromancer’s chambers.”
(10:00:37 PM) Vargas: “We trust you, Miriam. Try not to worry.”
(10:00:42 PM) * * * Vargas nods to Serribon.
(10:01:50 PM) * * * Miriam looks up at Vargas. “Is there any particular reason you trust me, or are you just saying that because I’m all you’ve got?”
(10:02:14 PM) Vargas: “If I didn’t trust you, I’d use Knock or destroy the door lock with acid.”
(10:02:43 PM) Miriam: “Think that might be the better choice?”
(10:02:56 PM) * * * Miriam moves out with the crew in search of little Sara, btw.
(10:03:10 PM) Vargas: “You seemed confident you could before you attempted to grab the key.”
(10:03:29 PM) * * * Miriam lets Serribon sniff around where she was last seen. “Find her! Find her, boy!”
(10:03:43 PM) * * * Serribon makes a very rude hand gesture.
(10:03:58 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (2)+ 12 = 14
(10:04:03 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (19)+ 10 = 29
(10:04:11 PM) Serribon: (perc to find and survival to track0
(10:04:14 PM) Miriam: You can take 10 on stuff like this, yo.
(10:04:22 PM) Miriam: Or 20.
(10:04:35 PM) Serribon: Ok, then.
(10:05:54 PM) * * * Serribon points out the hatch she must have ducked into, “Seems the path starts out small. It will be exceptionally slow going if we continue this way.”
(10:06:02 PM) * * * Miriam snorts and looks at Vargas again. “Confident I am not. I was never a great thief, just a thief by necessity. I know how it works but…” Miriam shrugs. “I guess it boils down to that I’m just not one of these people destined to be great at anything.”
(10:06:07 PM) Serribon: “Hopefully, there are no spiders.”
(10:06:23 PM) * * * Serribon shudders at the memory.
(10:06:49 PM) Miriam: “Really?” says Miriam to Serribon, incredulous. “Spiders?”
(10:07:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ref check if you are going to wriggle through that hole
(10:07:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: and if your character is 6’0 they can not fit
(10:07:38 PM) Serribon: “Swarms of anything are nothing to take lightly.”
(10:07:58 PM) Serribon: “Intelligently directed swarms, even less so.”
(10:08:14 PM) Miriam: Escape Artist for maneuvering tight spaces, GM?
(10:08:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: That works too
(10:08:35 PM) Miriam: Ah, no, even with take 20, I can only get a 29.
(10:09:03 PM) Miriam: If I can do it with a 29, then I take 20 on Escape Artist.
(10:09:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: you can squeze through it, but its uncomfortable
(10:09:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: the others?
(10:09:43 PM) Serribon: “It was a living constellation of pain…”
(10:09:59 PM) Vargas: (We’re just going to the other side of the door, right?)
(10:10:07 PM) Serribon: I can only make a 22 with a defaulted escape artist.
(10:10:09 PM) * * * Miriam worms through. Ah, the benefits of being a slight lady with no armor.
(10:10:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: (No, there’s a small path for about 10 feet)
(10:10:34 PM) Miriam: They can try to navigate around, right, DM?
(10:10:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: slowly
(10:11:06 PM) Vargas: “I think Serribon and I should navigate around. I don’t think other of us will make that.”
(10:11:25 PM) Vargas: “Unless, maybe I grease it.”
(10:11:32 PM) Miriam: “All right, if you don’t find me, meet back here in a quarter hour or so. Save your grease.”
(10:11:42 PM) Vargas: “Agreed.”
(10:11:53 PM) * * * Miriam wriggles out of sight in pursuit of little Sara.
(10:11:58 PM) Serribon: “Yes. We do not know how many more such spaces there are.”
(10:12:26 PM) Captain_Tylor: * After about 20 minutes, Serri and Miriam wriggle through the passage, to a connecting sewer tunnel which is mostly full of muck
(10:12:48 PM) Serribon: “Do any of the paths you know connect to this one?”
(10:13:06 PM) Miriam: Whoops. Who’s with whom?
(10:13:09 PM) Serribon: (/me didn’t go into the tunnel, since Vargas probably needed a guide)
(10:13:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: (I was confused)
(10:13:52 PM) Serribon: (np. I couldn’t make the tight space DC even with defaulting)
(10:14:14 PM) Serribon: (oh, wait, no it wasn’t that tight, was it. Just sized for Small category people)
(10:15:11 PM) Serribon: “The wizard we seek was creating shadows, correct?”
(10:15:30 PM) * * * Vargas nods.
(10:15:34 PM) Vargas: “Yes.”
(10:16:00 PM) Miriam: So what’s my situation, DM? Was there a point in me going this route alone? Am I able to pursue her?
(10:16:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: What is your tracking skill at?
(10:16:34 PM) Miriam: Tracking is Survival. I default to +3, and can’t follow tracks of a DC higher than 10.
(10:16:44 PM) Vargas: afk again, doggie
(10:16:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: Yeah, not going to find her
(10:17:07 PM) Serribon: (If we all needed to take the passages, we can do that. It’s not like any of us are Ibram. And we need a spread of skills)
(10:17:29 PM) Miriam: All right, Miriam calls back for Serri and Vargas to come this way.
(10:18:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Ultimately, the path is going to go cold. You guys are in a crampt sewer area with lots of secret doors)
(10:18:30 PM) Miriam: Very well. So we can’t find little Sara anyway.
(10:18:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: Not through that method
(10:18:58 PM) * * * Serribon helps Miri climb back out when she returns. “No luck?”
(10:19:05 PM) Miriam: “Nothing.”
(10:19:18 PM) * * * Serribon nods.
(10:19:24 PM) Vargas: “Well, maybe we can ask the others to help us find her.”
(10:19:38 PM) Miriam: “Little girl is gone. Maybe someone knows where she is, or someone else knows how to get there. Otherwise we’re stuck until morning.”
(10:19:39 PM) Serribon: “We may have another option. Though I do not like it.”
(10:19:50 PM) Vargas: “What is that, Serribon?”
(10:20:01 PM) Vargas: “Confiscate all their weapons and hide them?”
(10:20:11 PM) * * * Serribon reaches for his belt draws the hunter’s rod, holding it out. “Where are the shadows made from the children’s souls?”
(10:20:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The rod points at a wall
(10:21:02 PM) Miriam: “I did see a cat, though.”
(10:21:23 PM) Vargas: “I hadn’t though of the rod.”
(10:21:47 PM) * * * Serribon looks the wall over for secret passages.
(10:21:51 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (14)+ 12 = 26
(10:21:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: nope, its a wall
(10:22:04 PM) Captain_Tylor: BUT, the library is in that general direction
(10:22:27 PM) Serribon: “That is the general direction of the library.”
(10:22:29 PM) Vargas: (I thought that rod had tunnel vision before. Took us around corners?)
(10:22:32 PM) Miriam: “Wait, the key, that’s the key to the secret passage in the library, right?”
(10:22:52 PM) Miriam: (Heh.)
(10:22:56 PM) Serribon: “I believe that is what the girl said – but what about a cat?”
(10:23:01 PM) Vargas: “Yeah. Why don’t we try the passage I remember to the library?”
(10:23:15 PM) Miriam: “I could try to just pick the lock.)
(10:23:16 PM) Miriam: ”
(10:23:33 PM) Vargas: “You can pick locks too?”
(10:23:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The party has spent enough time to know that it is at the 3am period
(10:23:37 PM) Serribon: “Sure. If that does not work, I have some of that dragon acid.”
(10:23:44 PM) Vargas: (V has only seen Hisham pick locks)
(10:23:54 PM) Vargas: “Let’s just go for it then.”
(10:23:57 PM) Miriam: “I can /try,/ I said.”
(10:24:14 PM) Miriam: “Fine. To hell with all of these people, and their cat, too.”
(10:24:21 PM) * * * Serribon puts the rod away, “And I rarely think of it, either. It works so rarely, I do not know why I even bother.”
(10:24:29 PM) Serribon: “What about the cat?”
(10:24:44 PM) Vargas: “We’ll see if it follows us.”
(10:24:44 PM) * * * Miriam says aside, “There was a ratty looking cat in the sewers, but I didn’t notice anything special about it.”
(10:24:48 PM) Miriam: “Aye.”
(10:24:55 PM) Miriam: “We’re not supposed to trust the cat anyway, right?”
(10:25:08 PM) * * * Vargas nods.
(10:25:10 PM) Serribon: “I think we were supposed to distrust allies and beware of the cat.”
(10:25:21 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 1
(10:25:21 PM) Miriam: All right, DM, to hell with base-camp side-quests, we’re going for the dungeon.
(10:25:23 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 15
(10:25:25 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 3
(10:25:28 PM) Vargas: Well, that sucked.
(10:25:47 PM) * * * Serribon smacks his forehead, “And ‘search the books’.”
(10:25:48 PM) Miriam: Well, if you roll enough, you’re bound to roll bad.
(10:26:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: * After stomping around for 2 hours, you end up….. In the room where the group is preparing for the raid. Everyone looks like they just got up and are getting things in order
(10:26:20 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Shit.)
(10:26:21 PM) Miriam: To the librar—and there we were!
(10:26:39 PM) Miriam: Oh, wait, no.
(10:27:11 PM) Miriam: “Running out of time, it looks like,” Miriam whispers.
(10:27:15 PM) Miriam: To the library?
(10:27:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Good to see you are ready. We leave in 30 minutes. Koriander has already started down his path. I’ll take us to the main door and we should be able to do this.”
(10:27:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: No, to the muster point for the resistance
(10:27:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: with a roll of a 1 and a 3 in there?
(10:27:43 PM) Miriam: (We didn’t know what he was rolling for.)
(10:28:04 PM) * * * Vargas mutters, “Gott damn it in frustration.”
(10:28:14 PM) * * * Vargas has been boiling with rage for 2 hours.
(10:28:32 PM) Vargas: “He’s already left?”
(10:28:40 PM) Vargas: “Damn it, no.”
(10:28:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Not 10 minutes before you came.”
(10:29:04 PM) Serribon: “Well, this will be an adventure.”
(10:29:14 PM) Miriam: “Well, we tried. Shall we go to breakfast and let these folks try their way?”
(10:29:35 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “I don’t have any charms for you. But we could use any help to take out our path.”
(10:30:46 PM) * * * Miriam shrugs.
(10:30:51 PM) Miriam: “Your call, Mister Wizard.”
(10:31:17 PM) * * * Vargas reads his letter again. “Damn it. Damn me.” .oO(This is going to turn into a bloodbath.)
(10:31:49 PM) Miriam: “What are you so angry for? What could we possibly have done differently?”
(10:31:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> * Spaces out for a minute then shakes his head, ”....Someone is in the lab. My familiar has come across several dead initiates.”
(10:32:26 PM) Vargas: “We must stop them!”
(10:32:44 PM) Miriam: “Gods! Fine! Let’s do that, then.”
(10:32:53 PM) Serribon: “Finally!”
(10:33:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> * Boggles, “What sort of an idiot poisons a bastard sw… Oh, who cares. Lets go.” * He collects his things and the group starts down the tunnels
(10:33:32 PM) Serribon: “Poisoned bastard sword… uh-oh.”
(10:34:07 PM) Vargas: “Where is the lab?”
(10:34:21 PM) * * * Miriam jogs along.
(10:34:22 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Its what they renamed the library. We’re on our way.”
(10:35:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: * After 20 minutes, the group comes upon a door, which the wizard unlocks, to find a few dead cultists
(10:36:08 PM) * * * Vargas inspects the dead cultists for clues.
(10:36:10 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 3
(10:36:12 PM) Vargas: 11
(10:36:14 PM) * * * Serribon searches in general.
(10:36:17 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (12)+ 12 = 24
(10:36:40 PM) * * * Miriam watches for remaining threats.
(10:36:48 PM) Vargas: “No written clues. Where next?”
(10:37:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Well, the dead guards head off for the palace. Go with the men that way. To the grand hall.” * He points and takes the rear
(10:37:23 PM) Serribon: (vargas knows celestial, yes?)
(10:37:29 PM) Vargas: (yes)
(10:39:42 PM) Vargas: pingping?
(10:39:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: pong pong
(10:40:04 PM) Miriam: The group follows the group.
(10:40:06 PM) Serribon: (sorry, trying to get some clarity)
(10:40:48 PM) * * * Serribon goes with the group.
(10:41:26 PM) Serribon: <celestial> “We need to go to the library, yes? This is not the way.”
(10:41:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: * After a 100 or so feet, something small jumps out of the shadows into Didio’s arms, then in a way that seems kind of wrong polymorphs into a black cat
(10:41:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Yes. Ok. They’re in the next room.” * He nods
(10:41:58 PM) * * * Vargas commands, “Stop!”
(10:42:10 PM) * * * Miriam stops.
(10:42:20 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 9
(10:42:26 PM) Vargas: 22
(10:43:02 PM) * * * Vargas says to Didio, “That is /not/ a feylai, diviner.”
(10:43:26 PM) Vargas: “And this isn’t the way to the library either.”
(10:43:48 PM) Vargas: (retcon last line)
(10:43:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: sure
(10:43:54 PM) Vargas: (we already hit library)
(10:43:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> “Hrm… Are you sure? Oh. I see.” * He sighs and chants something
(10:44:05 PM) * * * Vargas stops him.
(10:44:09 PM) * * * Vargas grapples.
(10:44:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: roll it
(10:44:27 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 15
(10:44:37 PM) Vargas: (19 I think?)
(10:44:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: That hits
(10:45:27 PM) * * * Vargas is grappling a wizard. “Oh, no you don’t. Charm to stop shadows my ass!”
(10:45:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cat> * Leaps back, then chants something as well, its eyes glowing red
(10:46:20 PM) * * * Miriam attempts to interrupt the cat, then.
(10:46:21 PM) Vargas: “Kill that cat!”
(10:46:36 PM) Captain_Tylor: High or low?
(10:46:41 PM) Miriam: High.
(10:46:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: I’m going to say, that a cat casting magic is a surprizing thing
(10:46:57 PM) Miriam: True.
(10:47:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: so on a high you can stop it, low, that was too far out of left field
(10:47:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: cool?
(10:47:29 PM) Miriam: Sure. Are we talking d2?
(10:47:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 5.
(10:47:47 PM) Serribon: (doesn’t much matter, as long as there’s an even split)
(10:48:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: it was low
(10:48:08 PM) Miriam: (Ah, I guess so. I just always go with the lowest common dicenominator.)
(10:48:33 PM) * * * Miriam loses initiative, then.
(10:48:40 PM) Miriam: Or surprise.
(10:48:41 PM) Miriam: Or whatever.
(10:48:56 PM) Miriam: Since I guess all of those things already have their own rules. Curse you, D&D!
(10:49:19 PM) * * * Vargas commands. “Keep that door shut! Stop that cat!”
(10:49:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The pendants all flash at the cat’s chanting and, the troops drop to the ground as the light and warmth seems to be sucked from the room
(10:49:29 PM) * * * Serribon charges to block the door.
(10:49:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ok, initiative please?
(10:50:16 PM) Vargas: (nvm, shadows appearing from dead troops sort of makes door meaningless)
(10:50:17 PM) Miriam: “All right, already!” says Miriam, charging the cat and going for the grapple, since the cat seems to have spell-casting ability.
(10:50:22 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 19
(10:50:26 PM) Vargas: 21 init
(10:50:27 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+3: (14)+ 3 = 17
(10:50:30 PM) Miriam: 17 init
(10:50:43 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+7: (14)+ 7 = 21
(10:51:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ok, Cat, Serribon, Vargas, Miriam, Didio
(10:51:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The cat leaps onto Vargas and goes to bite him
(10:52:18 PM) Vargas: (AC is 14 with mage armor)
(10:52:26 PM) Captain_Tylor: Did he cast it?
(10:52:26 PM) Vargas: (and the dex pen while grappled)
(10:52:40 PM) Vargas: (Considering we’re on a big raid, it would be dump for him to not have it up)
(10:52:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(10:52:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: 26 to hit
(10:53:08 PM) Miriam: (For the record, Grapple is d20 + BAB + STR + size mod, 0 for medium, -1 for small, -2 for tiny, vs CMD, 10+BAB+STR+DEX+size mod.)
(10:55:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: they still have no rules for attacking into a grapple
(10:55:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: how irritating
(10:55:33 PM) Serribon: (the victim has a dex penalty to AC)
(10:55:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: then it hits
(10:55:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: DC 13 fort save please V
(10:55:52 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d4 dice result is a 3.
(10:55:54 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 18
(10:55:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: er
(10:55:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d2 dice result is a 1.
(10:56:00 PM) Serribon: (well, victim and grappler both take the penalty ‘cause they’re busy grappling)
(10:56:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: 1 damage and the fort save
(10:56:23 PM) Serribon: (did Vargas say ‘feylai’ on purpose, or did you mean feline?)
(10:56:31 PM) Miriam: Grappled opponents are -4 DEX, and -2 on attacks except grapple checks against the grapple opponent.
(10:56:38 PM) Miriam: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering--final/conditions—final#TOC-Grappled
(10:56:45 PM) Vargas: (he said feylai on purpose for reasons Serribon doesn’t understand)
(10:56:52 PM) Vargas: 23 on fort save
(10:56:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: you save
(10:57:27 PM) Miriam: Both characters in the grapple are subject to the condition, as Serri says.
(10:57:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: Anyways, Serribon
(10:58:11 PM) Serribon: Disposition of the opposition? Just the sorcerer and the beast?
(10:58:51 PM) Captain_Tylor: Grappled Wizard, and a black cat
(10:59:15 PM) * * * Serribon approaches and hacks at the cat.
(10:59:26 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (9)+ 10 = 19
(10:59:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: what kind of weapon?
(10:59:40 PM) Serribon: My +1 halberd
(11:00:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: hit
(11:00:25 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d10+8: (1)+ 8 = 9
(11:00:42 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The hit scores, but, the cat doesn’t seem nearly injured enough
(11:00:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas?
(11:01:02 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20: (17) = 17
(11:01:21 PM) * * * Vargas tries to secure a pin.
(11:01:30 PM) Vargas: (I get +5 on this one, right, Ancient?)
(11:01:40 PM) Miriam: (Yes.)
(11:01:48 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 1
(11:01:52 PM) Vargas: (hahahaha)
(11:01:56 PM) Miriam: Autofail. The grapple comes apart.
(11:02:04 PM) * * * Vargas fails to maintain grapple.
(11:02:06 PM) Serribon: (knowledge roll to try and ID it. arcane is 19, dungeoneering is 24, nature is 26 or 28 v. fey)
(11:02:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: Miriam?
(11:02:13 PM) Vargas: “Slippy bastard!”
(11:02:26 PM) * * * Miriam changes course and dives on the evil wizard.
(11:03:07 PM) Serribon: “What in the hells is that thing?”
(11:03:08 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+7: (18)+ 7 = 25
(11:03:17 PM) Captain_Tylor: He is grappled again
(11:04:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: <didio> * Defencivly casts a spell while grappled
(11:04:54 PM) Miriam: Miriam’s CMD is 23 right now, for counter-grapple or escape-artist. DC to cast is 17+spell level, Concentration check.
(11:05:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: Right’o! Diff 21
(11:05:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 20.
(11:05:28 PM) Miriam: Motherlover.
(11:05:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: * Didio vanishes from the grapple, appearing some 150 feet down the hall
(11:06:22 PM) Miriam: Oh, wait!
(11:06:29 PM) Miriam: Technicality: the spell can’t have a somatic component!
(11:07:04 PM) Captain_Tylor: Its only V
(11:07:07 PM) Vargas: (So you do the check for, say, verbal only spells?)
(11:07:21 PM) Miriam: (Bah!)
(11:07:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Dim Door is verbal only)
(11:07:37 PM) Miriam: (Right, V. You can only cast spells that don’t have a S, and you have to succeed in the check.)
(11:07:47 PM) * * * Miriam curses. “Slippy indeed!”
(11:08:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The cat then bites V again
(11:08:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 6.
(11:08:35 PM) Captain_Tylor: and gets a 14
(11:08:39 PM) Vargas: 16 ac now
(11:08:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: does that hit?
(11:08:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: so no
(11:08:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: Serri?
(11:09:42 PM) * * * Serribon drops his halberd and draws the greatsword. He slashes down at the cat-beast with a shout of “JUDGEMENT!”
(11:09:53 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (15)+ 10 = 25
(11:09:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: hit
(11:10:07 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 2d6+8: (6 2)+ 8 = 16
(11:10:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The cat is actually cut, the smell of brimstone filling the area
(11:11:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas?
(11:11:33 PM) Vargas: (I wish to use a quick spellcraft to determine if we’re about to get jumped by 30 shadows from the dead troops.)
(11:11:38 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 12
(11:11:41 PM) Vargas: 30
(11:13:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: You have your info in msg
(11:14:00 PM) * * * Vargas will summon up a stinking cloud on the enemy wizard, positioning the center of it behind the enemy to prevent him from running any further away, but still blocking his current vision so he has to step forward.
(11:14:14 PM) Vargas: (fort save, dc 18)
(11:14:26 PM) Vargas: (after 5’ away from the cat)
(11:14:35 PM) Captain_Tylor: The wizard is 150 feet away
(11:14:40 PM) Vargas: (150’ range)
(11:14:42 PM) Captain_Tylor: ok
(11:14:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(11:15:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: 21 Fort
(11:16:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: Miriam?
(11:16:31 PM) Serribon: (bummer. at least his LOS is still blocked)
(11:17:24 PM) Miriam: Can I still target him with a spell if he’s in the cloud?
(11:17:43 PM) Vargas: (Nah. He can’t see us. We can’t see him.)
(11:19:12 PM) Miriam: Ok, Miriam will run to the edge of the fog cloud, then, while drawing a wand. How wide is the hallway?
(11:19:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: 30 feet
(11:20:03 PM) Miriam: Ok, then, positioning myself for the best chance of AoOs if he emerges and tries to cast or pass me or something.
(11:20:18 PM) Miriam: But no ready action, since I need a full run to get there.
(11:20:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ok
(11:20:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: * Miriam hears chanting, then nothing, as the 30 bodies are engulphed in fire, the smoke starting to form a humanoid figure
(11:22:31 PM) Miriam: Who’s up?
(11:22:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: <figure> “By the words of the pact spoken… I shall rain fire upon the infidels.” * It forms a red 12’ tall man
(11:23:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: The cat is up
(11:23:22 PM) Serribon: “Great…”
(11:23:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The cat leaps at Vargas again, trying to bite him
(11:23:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 2.
(11:24:01 PM) Captain_Tylor: missing
(11:24:12 PM) * * * Serribon chops at it again.
(11:24:20 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (6)+ 10 = 16
(11:24:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: miss
(11:24:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas?
(11:24:36 PM) Vargas: (Serrib, you counting my flank bonus?)
(11:24:51 PM) Serribon: (I was not. 18 hit?)
(11:24:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: yeah
(11:24:58 PM) Serribon: (I didn’t know if you threatened)
(11:25:02 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 2d6+8: (3 6)+ 8 = 17
(11:25:08 PM) Vargas: (cane is a club weapon)
(11:25:13 PM) Serribon: (right-o)
(11:25:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The cat yowls as the weapon hits, then shifts into a cloud of flies that buzz off in every direction before combusting not 5 feet away
(11:26:01 PM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas?
(11:26:28 PM) Vargas: (I wish to roll a knowledge to ascertain something about the powers of this 12’ fire dude)
(11:26:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: Pick a knowledge then
(11:26:40 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 18
(11:26:40 PM) Vargas: (arcane)
(11:26:48 PM) Vargas: (31)
(11:27:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: Information has been given
(11:27:33 PM) * * * Serribon whirls to face the giant figure.
(11:27:39 PM) Vargas: (wizard must roll another fort save if he is still in the cloud)
(11:27:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: (He is not)
(11:30:27 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 13
(11:30:31 PM) Vargas: 26 planes
(11:32:58 PM) Vargas: “An efreeti!” She pulls out a scroll of resist elements, and casts it on Serribon to give him 10 fire resist.
(11:33:05 PM) * * * Vargas then backs up 30’.
(11:33:18 PM) Serribon: “Interesting.”
(11:34:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: Miriam?
(11:34:24 PM) Miriam: Quick GUPC for the evil wizard?
(11:34:28 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+11: (11)+ 11 = 22
(11:35:57 PM) * * * Miriam curses again and double-moves back in the direction of the new threat, putting away one wand and drawing another.
(11:36:40 PM) Miriam: Action complete. Stopping out of reach but within 30’ of the monster, since people seem to be backing away from it, and she doesn’t know what an efreeti is.
(11:36:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The Efreete opens its hand, a large scimitar appearing in it as it then charges Serribon and swings
(11:37:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 1.
(11:37:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: missing horribly!
(11:37:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: Serribon!
(11:37:19 PM) * * * Serribon snarls and retaliates.
(11:37:31 PM) Vargas: (I choose you, Serribon!)
(11:37:33 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (7)+ 12 = 19
(11:37:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: miss
(11:38:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: That it?
(11:39:13 PM) Miriam: Heh, Serribon five-foot-steps to the most advantageous location within five feet. :-P
(11:39:57 PM) Serribon: (yes, sorry. had to run out to the car)
(11:40:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: He dropped his halberd, so he no longer has reach
(11:40:41 PM) Serribon: And the djinn does, so no retreat.
(11:40:57 PM) Miriam: Yeah, I know. That’s just my personal default answer: I 5-foot in the direction most advantageous for any possible reason.
(11:41:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ok, Vargas
(11:41:50 PM) * * * Vargas channels haste through his gauntlet.
(11:42:13 PM) * * * Vargas keeps an eye on their flank while the fighters, hopefully, kill this thing.
(11:42:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: Miriam is 30’ on the other side of this, right?
(11:42:30 PM) Miriam: Right.
(11:43:22 PM) Vargas: (None of us are more than 30’ apart)
(11:43:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: Miriam is more than 30’ away from you, she is on the OTHER side of a large creature
(11:43:52 PM) Miriam: Then retcon, GM. Miriam knows the score.
(11:44:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: ok
(11:44:01 PM) Vargas: (No, that’s no possible)
(11:44:02 PM) Miriam: My statement was “within 30 feet, but out of reach.)
(11:44:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: I misunderstood
(11:44:21 PM) Miriam: ‘S all good.
(11:44:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: I thought, 30 feet on the other side of the 10×10 cube the monster was taking
(11:44:28 PM) Vargas: (Wait, where did this guy summon the efreeti again?)
(11:44:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: In the middle of the 30 dead guys
(11:44:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: so like 20 feet from you all
(11:44:55 PM) Serribon: I didn’thave to move, so presumably right behind me
(11:45:04 PM) Vargas: (We were all on the other side of that between the dead dudes and the mage anyways)
(11:45:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: he charged you Serribon
(11:45:11 PM) Serribon: (oh, right)
(11:45:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: its immaterial, I just was confused as to positioning
(11:45:51 PM) Miriam: Miriam is in position to move in and flank, now that she knows what’s up. And she was close enough to get the haste. That’s what counts.
(11:46:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ok, Miriam?
(11:46:20 PM) * * * Miriam makes a wand attempt before moving in.
(11:46:29 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+13: (2)+ 13 = 15
(11:46:38 PM) Miriam: Motherlover. Oh well!
(11:46:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The efreeti swings at Serribon twice
(11:46:54 PM) * * * Miriam then moves in to provide Serribon the flank.
(11:46:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 15.
(11:46:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 6.
(11:47:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: 31 and 17
(11:47:14 PM) Miriam: 1 hit
(11:47:16 PM) Serribon: Hit and miss
(11:47:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(11:47:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 6.
(11:47:36 PM) Captain_Tylor: 20 damage
(11:47:42 PM) Serribon: How muchof that is fire?
(11:47:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: none
(11:48:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: 1d6 fire damage for being next to it
(11:48:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: but I get the feeling the spell soaks that so I haven’t bothered rolling
(11:48:25 PM) Serribon: * nod*
(11:48:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: But now that Miriam is next to it
(11:48:35 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(11:48:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: 5 fire damage for being next to it
(11:48:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: Serribon
(11:48:55 PM) Serribon: (I get two melee hits for being hasted, right/)
(11:49:11 PM) Vargas: (The heat is only on hitting and grappling I think)
(11:49:17 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Old rules)
(11:49:34 PM) Miriam: Serribon, you do.
(11:49:38 PM) Miriam: Two at your highest bonus.
(11:49:42 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (6)+ 12 = 18
(11:49:45 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (5)+ 12 = 17
(11:49:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: miss
(11:49:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: miss
(11:49:56 PM) Miriam: That’s not good.
(11:50:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas
(11:50:20 PM) Serribon: (ugh, no it’s not. forgot my flank bonus, but that’s still not enough)
(11:50:39 PM) Vargas: (+1 to hit from haste too)
(11:50:50 PM) Serribon: (then the first one was a hit, I think. 21)
(11:50:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: yes
(11:51:08 PM) Miriam: Hehe, math damage.
(11:51:14 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 2d6+11: (6 2)+ 11 = 19
(11:51:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: Miriam?
(11:51:42 PM) Miriam: And don’t forget APs.
(11:51:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: Er, no Vargas
(11:51:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: blah
(11:51:57 PM) * * * Miriam draws her staff, because actions are hard to come by, and does two attacks. Thanks, V!
(11:52:01 PM) * * * Vargas calls out to summon Sammias the lantern archon. Summoning circles appear.
(11:52:03 PM) Miriam: Or V.
(11:52:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: There, now Miriam
(11:52:28 PM) Miriam: As above…
(11:52:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: ok
(11:53:02 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+8: (14)+ 8 = 22
(11:53:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: hit
(11:53:07 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+8: (20)+ 8 = 28
(11:53:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: hit
(11:53:23 PM) Serribon: (oo, crit)
(11:53:32 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+8: (10)+ 8 = 18
(11:53:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: roll to confirm
(11:53:32 PM) Miriam: AP to confirm?
(11:53:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: sure
(11:53:33 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d6: (5) = 5
(11:53:57 PM) * * * Miriam rolls 7d6+9: (3 2 5 5 3 6 6)+ 9 = 39
(11:54:04 PM) Miriam: 39 total.
(11:54:09 PM) Serribon: (jeepers)
(11:54:24 PM) Miriam: Assuming it’s not immune to my SA dice.
(11:54:32 PM) Miriam: In which case you can take away the 5, 3, 6, and 6.
(11:54:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: it is not
(11:54:36 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The efreete roars and turns to swipe at Miriam
(11:54:38 PM) Miriam: Nevermind then. 39.
(11:54:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 14.
(11:54:41 PM) Miriam: 20 AC.
(11:54:42 PM) Captain_Tylor: 30
(11:54:44 PM) Miriam: OOF.
(11:54:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 20.
(11:54:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: 31
(11:54:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 26.
(11:54:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: fucking script
(11:55:05 PM) Serribon: (you’re telling us)
(11:55:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(11:55:21 PM) Miriam: Total damage?
(11:55:29 PM) Serribon: (all of it)
(11:55:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: Hold on, I’m seeing where the flake oh, ok
(11:55:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: I see where the 26 came from
(11:55:42 PM) Captain_Tylor: I need to fix that again
(11:55:51 PM) Serribon: (the bit that adds 8 to every roll? ;) )
(11:55:52 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(11:55:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: No, d100 reads d20
(11:56:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: and that’s defaulting to rand1
(11:56:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: and d20 is rand2
(11:56:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 2.
(11:56:21 PM) Miriam: Ah, ok. You want to not roll the d100 for your attacks, please?
(11:56:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: 16 damage the first hit
(11:56:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 2.
(11:56:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 4.
(11:56:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 4.
(11:56:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(11:56:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: 33 for the second
(11:57:12 PM) * * * Miriam drops.
(11:57:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 1.
(11:57:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: 1 HP from fire
(11:57:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: being next to it
(11:57:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: Serribon
(11:57:57 PM) Serribon: “Dammit! Miri!”
(11:58:06 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (14)+ 12 = 26
(11:58:11 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (8)+ 12 = 20
(11:58:16 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d6: (1) = 1
(11:58:32 PM) Miriam: 21 hits, right?
(11:58:35 PM) Captain_Tylor: yes
(11:58:35 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 2d6+10: (1 5)+ 10 = 16
(11:58:45 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 2d6+10: (3 3)+ 10 = 16
(11:58:48 PM) Miriam: I’ve got a few rounds yet guys. No worries.
(11:58:51 PM) Serribon: (32 total)
(11:58:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: * The thing looks to be hurt badly, but is still up
(11:59:01 PM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas
(11:59:12 PM) Miriam: Vargas’s summons.
(12:00:48 AM) * * * Vargas completes his summon. A shining lantern archon appears 10’ behind Serribon. (I can’t flank with it) It will cast Aid on Miriam, giving her…
(12:00:56 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 1
(12:01:00 AM) Miriam: Heh.
(12:01:00 AM) Vargas: 4 tmp HP.
(12:01:24 AM) Vargas: Roll a will save for the efreeti, dc 12
(12:01:44 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 6.
(12:01:50 AM) Captain_Tylor: 15 total
(12:01:58 AM) Vargas: It resists the aura of menace.
(12:02:26 AM) Captain_Tylor: ok, Vargas himself now?
(12:02:41 AM) * * * Vargas begins casting SM II.
(12:03:19 AM) Captain_Tylor: Fire damage first, to see if Miriam is alive
(12:03:26 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 2.
(12:03:32 AM) Vargas: Soaked by tmp hp
(12:03:41 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The Efreete then raises its scimitar again and lashes out at Serribon
(12:03:42 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 7.
(12:03:44 AM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+3: (17)+ 3 = 20
(12:03:46 AM) Captain_Tylor: 23
(12:03:48 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 20.
(12:03:48 AM) * * * Miriam stabilizes anyway.
(12:03:54 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(12:03:57 AM) Captain_Tylor: 22 to confirm?
(12:04:02 AM) Serribon: Yeah
(12:04:09 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 2.
(12:04:10 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 4.
(12:04:15 AM) Captain_Tylor: 15 damage from the first
(12:04:17 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(12:04:17 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(12:04:17 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 6.
(12:04:18 AM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 3.
(12:04:28 AM) Captain_Tylor: 36 from the 2nd
(12:04:34 AM) Serribon: (night-night)
(12:04:38 AM) Captain_Tylor: V
(12:05:05 AM) Vargas: GUNDAM!
(12:05:12 AM) Vargas: (Gummahn, actually)
(12:05:22 AM) Miriam: Yes, he has yet to become Gundam.
(12:05:27 AM) Vargas: (Is serribon down, or deaded?)
(12:05:35 AM) * * * Serribon drops like a punk and near death
(12:05:46 AM) Serribon: (at -15 w/o rage and con is only 17)
(12:05:52 AM) Vargas: Sammias grants his aid to Serribon.
(12:05:56 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 1
(12:05:59 AM) Vargas: 4 tmp hp
(12:06:31 AM) Captain_Tylor: Ok, and Gundam?
(12:06:40 AM) * * * Vargas will move up to flank with Gundam.
(12:06:50 AM) Miriam: Has Gummahn gone yet?
(12:07:00 AM) Vargas: (not yet)
(12:07:01 AM) Miriam: Oh, he’s delaying.
(12:07:02 AM) Serribon: (it’s a summon, so it won’t be here until next round, I think)
(12:07:10 AM) Vargas: (no, I finished him)
(12:07:11 AM) Captain_Tylor: Called last round
(12:07:12 AM) Miriam: (Nah, this round passed really quick because you dropped.
(12:07:17 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 18
(12:07:26 AM) Vargas: hit by gummagn
(12:07:31 AM) Miriam: It’s amazing how much faster D&D goes when all but one of the party is dead.
(12:07:35 AM) Captain_Tylor: the efreete dissolves into smoke
(12:07:37 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 1
(12:07:39 AM) Captain_Tylor: it had 1 HP left
(12:08:00 AM) Vargas: (mwahahahaha)
(12:08:12 AM) Serribon: (...)
(12:08:19 AM) * * * Vargas blinks in disbelief as he charged into melee with an efreeti, and won!
(12:08:37 AM) * * * Miriam appears to be stable, compared to Serribon who is breathing shallowly and staring at the ceiling with blank eyes as blood pools around him.
(12:08:39 AM) Captain_Tylor: <vargas> * Does a victory strut, forgetting his friends are bleeding out
(12:08:51 AM) * * * Vargas goes to Serribon, and gives him a CLW from his gloves like a heart paddle.
(12:09:14 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 5
(12:09:17 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 3
(12:09:20 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 7
(12:09:23 AM) Miriam: Vargas applies First Aid per certification standards: “Sir, are you all right?” Tap tap tap. “Sir, are you all right? I’m certified in First aid!”
(12:09:29 AM) Vargas: +3 for Serribon.
(12:09:33 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 5
(12:09:35 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 8
(12:09:38 AM) Vargas: +2 for Miriam
(12:09:52 AM) Serribon: (so that’s 18 HP?)
(12:09:59 AM) Captain_Tylor: yes
(12:10:02 AM) Vargas: (yes, Serri)
(12:10:14 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The masterwork scimitar clatters to the ground
(12:10:45 AM) * * * Serribon groans and makes a wet, gurgling cough.
(12:11:02 AM) Serribon: “That…
(12:11:04 AM) * * * Miriam groans as well and rolls over, pushing herself off the ground. “Where is it?” she asks.
(12:11:06 AM) Captain_Tylor: * There is a loud crash from a door to the side
(12:11:28 AM) * * * Vargas rises to defend his allies with his summoned army of allies.
(12:11:37 AM) Serribon: “If that… is Cassie… gonna kill…”
(12:12:20 AM) * * * Vargas pops said door open.
(12:12:34 AM) * * * Serribon chucks back one of his CLW potions
(12:12:39 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (3) = 3
(12:12:47 AM) Captain_Tylor: * Inside is a large and pristine library, one which looks like it has been meticulously cultivated, with another door on the other side
(12:13:11 AM) Vargas: “The books!”
(12:13:18 AM) * * * Serribon struggles to his feet.
(12:13:26 AM) * * * Vargas says to the others, “I killed the efreeti, don’t worry.”
(12:14:13 AM) * * * Vargas will help them up. “Come, we need to check this out.”
(12:14:48 AM) Miriam: Gummahn says something snarky in Infernal before poofing home.
(12:15:09 AM) Vargas: “Well, technically Gummahn did.”
(12:15:21 AM) Captain_Tylor: * There’s also another crash from the other door in the library
(12:15:25 AM) * * * Serribon leans on his halberd, “You continue to impress.”
(12:15:29 AM) * * * Vargas helps the others up, and then goes into the library.
(12:15:47 AM) Vargas: “Check the door.”
(12:15:54 AM) * * * Serribon does so.
(12:16:00 AM) Miriam: “Anyone maybe got some of that healing juice?”
(12:16:04 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (13)+ 12 = 25
(12:16:08 AM) Serribon: (gupc)
(12:16:12 AM) * * * Miriam leans on her staff a bit.
(12:16:14 AM) * * * Vargas gives Miriam a CLW potion.
(12:16:19 AM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d8: (3) = 3
(12:16:45 AM) * * * Miriam doesn’t look a whole lot better. She starts firing wands, just to be safe.
(12:16:48 AM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+13: (2)+ 13 = 15
(12:16:48 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 8
(12:16:50 AM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 8
(12:16:51 AM) Miriam: ?!
(12:16:58 AM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+13: (16)+ 13 = 29
(12:17:00 AM) Vargas: Wow, both of you have 11 tmp HP for a while now.
(12:17:09 AM) * * * Miriam tap-taps the wand and tries again, and it fires.
(12:17:24 AM) Vargas: 3 minutes at least
(12:17:28 AM) * * * Miriam rolls 1d20+13: (16)+ 13 = 29
(12:18:01 AM) * * * Serribon softly closes the door and creeps back. “I found the shadows. And perhaps the necromancer. But someone may have beat us here.”
(12:18:27 AM) * * * Serribon suddenly remembers he’s got a wand, too.
(12:18:32 AM) Vargas: “Oh?”
(12:18:35 AM) Miriam: Ahem, Retcon, meant Ignan, not Infernal. Darn fire-synonyms.
(12:18:37 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (6) = 6
(12:18:41 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (6) = 6
(12:18:44 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (2) = 2
(12:18:47 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (2) = 2
(12:18:53 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (5) = 5
(12:18:59 AM) * * * Vargas starts searching the library.
(12:19:05 AM) Captain_Tylor: perc?
(12:19:06 AM) Miriam: Retcon AGAIN! Terran. I’ll stop talking now.
(12:19:12 AM) * * * Serribon taps Miriam three times and himself twice.
(12:19:29 AM) * * * Vargas will take 20 looking around if he has time.
(12:19:39 AM) Vargas: “What did you see, Serribon?”
(12:19:49 AM) Captain_Tylor: * There is a loud, tortured scream from the other side of the door
(12:19:58 AM) Vargas: (Didn’t we check that door?)
(12:19:59 AM) * * * Miriam is looking better now.
(12:20:03 AM) Captain_Tylor: Serribon did
(12:20:11 AM) Serribon: “The chamber below was full of shadows and something glittery on the floor – I think someone dumped several barrels of oil in there.”
(12:20:36 AM) Vargas: “What was that scream then?”
(12:20:45 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The door opens a crack
(12:21:03 AM) Serribon: “Imagine they lit it.”
(12:21:06 AM) * * * Miriam watches for stuff. +11 GUPC, +13 vs undead and traps.
(12:21:12 AM) Captain_Tylor: The door opened Miriam
(12:21:23 AM) * * * Miriam saw that, ‘cause everyone saw that.
(12:21:31 AM) Captain_Tylor: and it looks like the room on the otherside is a burning hell of doom and some guy screaming a lot
(12:22:16 AM) Serribon: “We should hurry. Unless there are windows, this room should be filling with smoke soon.”
(12:22:38 AM) Serribon: “Especially with that draft.”
(12:22:39 AM) Miriam: “What are we doing now? What’s our objective?”
(12:22:44 AM) Captain_Tylor: Vargas finds 2 things, a book labled “Greed” and a spell book
(12:23:00 AM) Serribon: “Examining the books, as per Vargas’s warning.”
(12:23:11 AM) * * * Serribon helps search.
(12:23:15 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (18)+ 12 = 30
(12:23:31 AM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> * Quietly creeps into the room from the inferno room and closes the door, “Excuse me.” * She bows her head and starts through to the other door
(12:23:44 AM) Captain_Tylor: Serribon finds “Greed”
(12:24:05 AM) Vargas: “Hey Sara!”
(12:24:13 AM) Serribon: “Hold a minute.”
(12:25:15 AM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> ”.....Hi. Don’t go in there.”
(12:25:43 AM) Serribon: “Yes, we figured as much. Was that your doing?”
(12:26:01 AM) Vargas: (Does Sara have the bracelet that Hisham has for ID’ing his target?”
(12:26:05 AM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> ”....I guess.”
(12:26:10 AM) Captain_Tylor: (No)
(12:26:46 AM) * * * Vargas says to the others, “Why doesn’t… why didn’t she remember us in the Wastes?”
(12:27:05 AM) Serribon: “Clever girl. I do not suppose Didio was in there, too?”
(12:27:25 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “No, why? Just the bad wizard.”
(12:27:32 AM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> * Said that
(12:27:34 AM) Vargas: “Didio was a traitor.”
(12:27:52 AM) Captain_Tylor: <sara> “I see. And I’m a monster….” * With that she faints
(12:27:56 AM) Vargas: “He killed everyone who he put a charm on.”
(12:27:57 AM) Serribon: “He was in league with the necromancer. He killed the resistance fighters to summonan efreet.”
(12:28:09 AM) * * * Vargas rushes to check on the girl.
(12:28:13 AM) Captain_Tylor: Fainted
(12:28:15 AM) Vargas: “Sara?”
(12:28:25 AM) * * * Miriam just clonks her forehead against her staff and sighs.
(12:28:32 AM) Captain_Tylor: slightly scorched, smells like burnt sewer
(12:28:55 AM) Serribon: “That could be why she does not remember us. Or she is pretending that she does not.”
(12:29:09 AM) Vargas: “Let’s take her out of here.”
(12:29:16 AM) Vargas: “I think we have what we came for.”
(12:29:21 AM) Serribon: “Someone has to.”
(12:29:39 AM) Vargas: “Hand me that book you have there, Serribon.”
(12:29:50 AM) Vargas: “I’ll read it later when we’re out of here.”
(12:30:04 AM) Captain_Tylor: * When the “Greed” book is pulled, it doesn’t come off the shelf, but a pannel under it opens
(12:30:20 AM) Miriam: “So do you think we accomplishd anything like what we were meant to? It seems we didn’t do anything but… Okay…”
(12:30:24 AM) Serribon: “Interesting…”
(12:30:33 AM) Vargas: “Interesting indeed.”
(12:30:41 AM) * * * Serribon looks into the panel.
(12:30:41 AM) Vargas: “Time to check it out.”
(12:31:06 AM) Serribon: “The switch was marked ‘greed’ – it could be a trap.”
(12:31:16 AM) Captain_Tylor: * In the pannel is a jar of some odd peat, 4 potions and a cloak
(12:31:29 AM) * * * Vargas gasps.
(12:31:35 AM) Miriam: Aw! That’s sweeeeet.
(12:31:39 AM) Vargas: “Is that what I think it is?”
(12:31:42 AM) Serribon: “Would either of you care to examine it before we take anything?”
(12:31:57 AM) * * * Miriam takes 20 for traps.
(12:32:00 AM) Serribon: “What do you think it is?”
(12:32:02 AM) Captain_Tylor: Nope!
(12:32:16 AM) Miriam: “Clear.”
(12:32:26 AM) Miriam: “Let’s grab it and run.”
(12:32:28 AM) Vargas: “Viable peat, if my hunch is right.”
(12:32:31 AM) * * * Vargas grabs.
(12:32:36 AM) * * * Vargas practically glows.
(12:33:08 AM) Vargas: “Time to go!”
(12:33:41 AM) * * * Serribon gathers up the girl. “Miriam, would you get whatever the fire-spirit left behind?”
(12:33:52 AM) Miriam: “Sure.”
(12:34:06 AM) * * * Miriam grabs the MW Scimitar or whatever it was.
(12:34:11 AM) Captain_Tylor: yup
(12:34:12 AM) * * * Miriam finds that it is very large.
(12:34:22 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The scimitar then shrinks to normal size when Miriam picks it up
(12:34:26 AM) Miriam: “No wonder this f’ing thing killed me.”
(12:34:30 AM) Miriam: ”...”
(12:34:40 AM) Vargas: “Weapon shrinkage.”
(12:34:43 AM) Vargas: “It’s magic.”
(12:35:10 AM) Miriam: “This is a strange, strange world we live in.”
(12:35:17 AM) Serribon: “It is, at that.”
(12:36:06 AM) * * * Serribon prepares to lead the way. “Where to? The resistance base may be compromised.”
(12:36:07 AM) Miriam: FF >>
(12:36:29 AM) Vargas: “Sara will know where to hide.”
(12:36:33 AM) Captain_Tylor: * A very beat up Koriander then charges into the hallway, being followed by a woman, and some 20 children, and after a brief exchange, leads the group to a different house
(12:36:44 AM) Vargas: (or that)
(12:36:53 AM) Miriam: Blessed rails.
(12:36:59 AM) Captain_Tylor: Yay rails!
(12:37:10 AM) Serribon: (choo-choo!)
(12:37:26 AM) Miriam: So there we were!
(12:37:39 AM) * * * Miriam sits around looking tired.
(12:37:57 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The group is now, in a battered house, where they can deposit the passed out girl
(12:38:07 AM) * * * Serribon sets her down somewhere.
(12:38:27 AM) * * * Vargas is seated in the main room holding a flask of tea.
(12:38:38 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The world flickers
(12:38:47 AM) Vargas: “Well, ... oh. There it goes.”
(12:38:49 AM) Miriam: “Well, that was that, I guess.”
(12:39:04 AM) Miriam: Before we go, did V ID the items and distribute them?
(12:39:07 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The group reappears in a very nice room, very rich, looks to be in the exact same space
(12:39:12 AM) Miriam: Oh.
(12:39:24 AM) * * * Vargas looks around. “Huh.”
(12:39:35 AM) * * * Miriam looks up and around with a raised eyebrow.
(12:39:51 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Sits at the window, dripping with blood, staring out it
(12:39:56 AM) Serribon: “Nice. But I think I prefer the cabin.”
(12:40:01 AM) Vargas: “Cassandra?”
(12:40:23 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * In a gloomy, almost broken tone, ”......yeah?”
(12:40:45 AM) * * * Vargas rises. “Are you hurt? When are we?”
(12:41:14 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Monotone, “We’re at now for me….. I’ll live.”
(12:42:25 AM) * * * Vargas looks at the other. She takes her flask, and offers it. “Would you like some tea?”
(12:42:25 AM) Serribon: “I thought you were leading an expedition in the ruins of Andropolis?”
(12:42:30 AM) * * * Miriam starts to slide her staff back into the quiver.
(12:42:51 AM) Captain_Tylor: Treasure List: 4 potions of Barkskin, 1 Cloak of +1 Resistance, 1 +1 scimitar, 1 Jar of Viable Peat
(12:43:29 AM) * * * Serribon pats down his various pouches and such and digs out the flask of tea he got the day before. “Is this any good cold?”
(12:43:33 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Monotone, “I am. Must be a whump.”
(12:44:19 AM) Vargas: “Are you sure you’re okay, Cassandra? Maybe we can help?”
(12:44:40 AM) * * * Vargas says to Serribon, “It’s a touch bitter when cold, but still good.”
(12:45:38 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Monotone, “Goldbricker wasn’t there. Got all the way to the bastard. His little boy was there and I couldn’t kill him in front of him.” * She sighs and keeps staring out the window
(12:45:59 AM) Vargas: “Who is Goldbricker?”
(12:46:17 AM) Serribon: “The red-headed hero, I suspect.”
(12:46:25 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “Tyranthraxus.”
(12:47:26 AM) Vargas: “And who is the bastard you could not kill front of his boy?”
(12:48:15 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> ”....The usurper king. I could have killed him before that idiot Koriander and finished things uh. Earlier? I dunno.”
(12:48:42 AM) Vargas: “Hmm.”
(12:48:44 AM) * * * Serribon says in an aside to Vargas, “A goldbricker is someone who sits around and lets everyone else do the work. Or at least, that’s how the Andro soldiers used it.”
(12:49:20 AM) Vargas: “We just saw Didio betray his fellows, and saw… you burn a necromancer to death with oil.”
(12:49:46 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “I didn’t do that. That was someone else. She was an evil monster. She’s dead now.”
(12:50:20 AM) Miriam: “I am so confused.”
(12:51:13 AM) Serribon: “Nearly dying will do that, it seems.”
(12:51:16 AM) Miriam left the room (quit: Read error: Connection reset by peer).
(12:51:46 AM) Vargas: “Perhaps it is best just to rest for a short while now.”
(12:51:55 AM) Vargas: “That was a close one.”
(12:52:08 AM) Vargas: “I thought we were done for.”
(12:52:16 AM) Serribon: “I think I was, actually.”
(12:53:04 AM) Serribon: “What was that cat-thing Didio was allied with?”
(12:53:10 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “You can stay here as long as you want.”
(12:53:33 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “Didio was the second grand necromancer. He died though.”
(12:54:07 AM) Vargas: “I will have to thank Gummahn and Sammias for that one.”
(12:54:26 AM) * * * Vargas says to Cass. “Good. Didio was a bastard.”
(12:54:35 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “I dunno. He had a hedgehog familiar when I was a little girl. But it died.”
(12:55:30 AM) Ancient [Ancient@166.137.12.186] entered the room.
(12:55:37 AM) Ancient: Well, that was timely.
(12:55:58 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Still monotone, “Legends say that he was killed by the souls of heroes Marduk summoned on the eve of the final battle. But… I dunno. I wasn’t there.”
(12:56:42 AM) Vargas: “Interesting.”
(12:56:43 AM) Captain_Tylor: before you vanish again
(12:56:43 AM) Serribon: “Your battle may not have gone as you would have wished, but you survived. Remember that.”
(12:56:46 AM) Captain_Tylor: 1850XP for you 3
(12:57:31 AM) Ancient: “What’s that worth, exactly?” asks Miriam.
(12:57:35 AM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(12:57:41 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “Serribon. I can’t stand up. Too exhausted. Bleeding in too many places.”
(12:58:38 AM) Vargas: (Thanks, Ben)
(12:59:03 AM) Captain_Tylor: (For what? I didn’t have to work today! I don’t have to be up in 3 hours! Yay!)
(12:59:19 AM) Miriam: (Dudes, I need to run more sessions. I’m screaming toward 6.)
(12:59:40 AM) * * * Vargas says, “I need to head east now, and visit the Granite Mastiffs and the Hunt family.”
(12:59:54 AM) Serribon: “Are you out of curative magics? I have a small surplus at the moment.”
(01:00:26 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> “I’m out of all magic. But, we’re safe here. I scared the maid, but, she’s bringing some bandages.”
(01:00:45 AM) Serribon: “Still…” He gives her a double-tap.
(01:00:48 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (2) = 2
(01:00:52 AM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d8: (4) = 4
(01:00:56 AM) Miriam: Blam blam! Cassandra dies.
(01:01:07 AM) Serribon: (+8. not much, but eh)
(01:01:12 AM) Captain_Tylor: OK! Whiskey McPotato! The Dwarven Ranger is next!
(01:01:33 AM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Still looks pale and sullen, but less bloody
(01:01:40 AM) Serribon: (heh. gonna cycle through the classes to show everbody up in turn? =) )
(01:02:10 AM) Captain_Tylor: (Ranger is the only martial class I can sort of play)
(01:02:30 AM) Miriam: (Yes, Fighter and Barbarian are so subtle…)
(01:03:49 AM) Serribon: (ooooo… 22830xp)
(01:04:03 AM) Miriam: What’s ding? 21k?
(01:04:06 AM) Captain_Tylor: * The party is being given 14 days living off rich room service in the villa of a noble
(01:04:09 AM) Serribon: 23
(01:04:23 AM) Vargas: Sweet.
(01:04:24 AM) Miriam: Ah, one more, eh? :-P
(01:04:24 AM) Serribon: (/me summarizes the remaining adv logs and rolls over!)
(01:04:38 AM) Miriam: True!
(01:04:44 AM) Captain_Tylor: * Then the whump home

05SEP10

Clockwork Rivet