06FEB11

(5:48:00 PM) ***Rivet is up sometime shortly after dawn, re-packing his horse for his trip into the forest and the fear-haunted Andropol colony. Given his chilly reception that morning, he's not going to bother saying his goodbyes.
(5:48:53 PM) D_M: Heh.
(5:51:38 PM) ***Kormak is sitting under a waterfall.
(5:51:57 PM) D_M: Two down...
(5:52:16 PM) Vargas [chatzilla@c-24-30-72-124.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] entered the room.
(5:52:48 PM) D_M: Post setup, V.
(5:54:01 PM) ***Vargas is watching his chrono just as his carriage comes into view of Dannerholm.
(5:54:12 PM) D_M: That's three. Just waiting on the odd couple.
(5:54:16 PM) Vargas: "Looks like we won't make it to the city before whump time."
(5:54:24 PM) Vargas: "So close."
(5:54:26 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *With Crow and Tom waiting for movie sign
(5:54:49 PM) D_M: One left. If he's on the toilet, tell him to hurry up!
(5:55:32 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, *clip* The world blinks.
(5:55:51 PM) Captain_Tylor: no, he's not around
(5:56:14 PM) ***Vargas says to Hans and Miluda, "First whump-sign."
(5:56:16 PM) Kormak: Probably watching the sporting event.
(5:56:29 PM) D_M: The hell he is! BBBBIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
(5:56:52 PM) D_M: Pop, the world flickers again. Blinks black, just for a moment.
(5:56:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: he's on his way
(5:57:23 PM) Rivet: "Yeah. This is exactly what I need today."
(5:57:30 PM) Rivet is now known as Serribon
(5:57:49 PM) D_M: (A new, extraneous Fast and Furious sequel, in which The Rock hunts Vin Diesel. OMG.)
(5:58:03 PM) Vargas: (hehe)
(5:59:12 PM) Vargas: "Miluda, I need you to think about whether you're going to stay in Dannerholm, or come with me, Ibram, and Hans past the Avenue. If you don't have an answer, I'll need one within the week."
(5:59:14 PM) D_M: whump--Intense, complete darkness and silence. You have the sense of a cave-like void around you--thump. Vargas's watch ticks down the last few seconds to the Whump proper.
(5:59:34 PM) ***Vargas pre-casts darkvision.
(6:00:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Blinks, rubbing her eyes
(6:00:30 PM) D_M: Bill's definitely coming?
(6:00:54 PM) D_M: If so, we'll whump him as an NPC for the moment.
(6:02:30 PM) Kormak: For those who care: The Captain America First Avenger trailer is on at 7:43EST.
(6:02:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: He is in theory coming
(6:02:54 PM) Serribon: (ah, interesting - who's playing Cap?)
(6:03:52 PM) Kormak: The guy who played The Human Torch.
(6:04:02 PM) D_M: All right, I'm not waiting any longer to kick this off. Show time!
(6:04:21 PM) D_M: WHUMP! Absolute darkness.
(6:04:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Fiddles for her torch
(6:04:41 PM) ***Vargas looks around with darkvision.
(6:04:54 PM) D_M: Vargas, you see the group around you. Kormak also looks like he can see ok.
(6:05:07 PM) ***Vargas whispers, "Hey guys."
(6:05:12 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *bamf*
(6:05:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Yeah?"
(6:05:32 PM) ***Kormak looks around.
(6:05:37 PM) Kormak: "Hello, everyone."
(6:05:47 PM) D_M: Everyone who doesn't have dark vision is blind until someone breaks out a light. One light makes Dim light. Three removes all concealment issues.
(6:06:13 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Lights her lantern, not torch, Ben is sleepy
(6:06:32 PM) ***Serribon looks around in the gloom. "Good morning."
(6:06:37 PM) D_M: One light source flares to life in the void. You all see each other in its flickering orange glow, but it does little to reveal your surroundings.
(6:06:43 PM) ***Vargas produces his torch stone.
(6:06:50 PM) Serribon: (isn't Dim enough for low-light?)
(6:07:03 PM) D_M: (Yes, in this case to 60'. You join the DV folks)
(6:07:16 PM) Vargas: "Who are we missing? Miriam? Hisham?"
(6:07:17 PM) Captain_Tylor: yay
(6:07:21 PM) D_M: Those who can see, you see stone under your feet, and there is a flat vertical wall-surface nearby.
(6:07:36 PM) D_M: Two lights now. Anyone got a third light?
(6:07:49 PM) Vargas: "Interesting. It feels like we are underground or something."
(6:07:55 PM) ***Vargas goes to check on the wall.
(6:08:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Oocly lights Ibram on fire, less penalties for fighting on fire than in the dark
(6:08:03 PM) D_M: The wall nearby is clearly engraved with symbology.
(6:08:21 PM) Serribon: (I do, but I don't seem to require it)
(6:08:42 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Anything over there Vargas?"
(6:08:48 PM) D_M: As you examine it, Vargas, you realize that it is an enormous door. It seems to have a mechanism in the center integrated into its carvings that probably rotates if you can figure out how to make it work.
(6:08:49 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+16 (linguistics)
(6:08:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (linguistics): 25:9+16
(6:08:57 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (perc)
(6:08:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (perc): 27:13+14
(6:09:04 PM) Vargas: "Symbology, Cass. A door."
(6:09:22 PM) Vargas: "I think there is a lock mechanism right here."
(6:09:26 PM) D_M: Pictographic language, V. It probably tells stories about gods and stuff.
(6:09:48 PM) Vargas: "Pictographic."
(6:09:49 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *pulls out his light thing that V gave him*
(6:09:53 PM) D_M: Nobody else has a light? Those without enhanced vision presently are suffering 20% miss chance.
(6:09:57 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+10 (k. religion)
(6:09:57 PM) D_M: Ah, there we go.
(6:09:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (k. religion): 28:18+10
(6:10:02 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *so useful!*
(6:11:27 PM) D_M: Light now stretches far enough to see all the walls and ceiling. You are in a chamber that seems to have formed alongside a long-buried stone structure. The carved section is definitely an enormous door. Overhead, the cave walls converge toward the cut-stone wall in which the door is set, and the cave is capped by a stone surface. Some huge, flat stone seems to have fallen on the sink-hole at the top of the cave, sealing it.
(6:11:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Goes to check the door for a lock
(6:11:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(6:11:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 19:7+12
(6:11:59 PM) ***Serribon pokes around the outer edges of the chamber.
(6:12:01 PM) ***Vargas scans with detect magic while Cassandra looks at the lock.
(6:12:05 PM) D_M: Cassandra, the central rotating mechanism is a latch of some sort. You just have to figure out how to move its bits and turn it. Should be simple DD.
(6:12:19 PM) Vargas: "Let us know if you need a hand, Cass."
(6:12:26 PM) Serribon: "How much time do we have, Vargas? I have some things to discuss with you later."
(6:12:36 PM) ***Vargas checks his chrono.
(6:13:26 PM) D_M: Couple days, V. Longer than the air in this chamber will last with all of you here.
(6:13:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Fiddles with the lock
(6:13:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+10
(6:13:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 12:2+10
(6:13:46 PM) Vargas: "Longer than we'll last if this place is airtight."
(6:13:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "This is going to take some time."
(6:14:25 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Will take 20 if she can for a 30, if not, well, its going to be a while since I can't throw that die out and get a better one
(6:14:27 PM) D_M: V, your analsysis of the pictures seems to show an unusual symbology. Clearly the goodguys are some kind humanoid, and the badguys are some kind of... thing. Spiny thing. However, there is no clear depiction of a victory of the good guys over the badguys.
(6:14:30 PM) Serribon: "How long is that? And would we make more progress with that remarkable knife of yours?"
(6:14:32 PM) D_M: No hero standing atop a mound of slain monsters.
(6:15:03 PM) D_M: Cassy, you quickly figure out how to configure the sliding parts, and then rotate the latch mechanism.
(6:15:14 PM) Vargas: "Three days to Whump. I'm not sure how long the air here will last us."
(6:15:24 PM) D_M: The cavern floor crumbles into dust under the team's feet.
(6:15:26 PM) Vargas: "What are these spiny things?"
(6:15:28 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *just stays back with V*
(6:15:33 PM) D_M: Acro checks.
(6:15:36 PM) Vargas: "Cass, do you recognize these creatur..."
(6:15:38 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> "SHIIIIT"
(6:15:41 PM) D_M: DC 15.
(6:15:47 PM) Grimawake: ,roll 1d20-2
(6:15:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Grimawake: 5:7-2
(6:15:50 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (acro)
(6:15:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (acro): 12:11+1
(6:16:03 PM) Kormak: "What the...!"
(6:16:09 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+13
(6:16:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 33:20+13
(6:16:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+14
(6:16:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 26:12+14
(6:16:22 PM) D_M: If you fail, take 1d6 damage.
(6:16:28 PM) Kormak: (I am the nimblest half-orc ever)
(6:16:44 PM) D_M: Feel free to roll it yourselves. The fall is relatively short.
(6:16:46 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d6 (gravity)
(6:16:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (gravity): 6
(6:16:49 PM) D_M: Wow, V.
(6:16:49 PM) Grimawake: .roll 1d6
(6:16:50 PM) Serribon: (dang, knew I forgot to do something. *finds his sheet*)
(6:16:56 PM) Grimawake: ,roll 1d6
(6:16:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Grimawake: 5
(6:16:59 PM) D_M: Hah!
(6:17:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+11
(6:17:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 20:9+11
(6:17:11 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *lands on vargas, thus breaking both their falls. And bones*
(6:17:15 PM) ***Vargas lands hard on the stone. "Owwww."
(6:17:24 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *rolls off him*
(6:17:27 PM) Serribon: (is it the whole floor, or just near the door?)
(6:17:28 PM) Vargas: "Oh, Gott. Ibram. You're killing me."
(6:17:38 PM) D_M: The whole floor.
(6:17:39 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> "Generally I only do that to our enemies, sorry."
(6:17:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "That was.... Different."
(6:18:04 PM) Vargas: "Everyone okay? What happened? Did you lockpick the floor?"
(6:18:05 PM) D_M: Apparently that shale aged poorly, or something. Cassandra, as far as you can tell, it had nothing to do whatsoever with your manipulation of the door latch.
(6:18:13 PM) Kormak: "Well, technically you did open a passageway for us, Cassie."
(6:18:15 PM) ***Serribon manages to make a graceful landing, but chokes a bit in the cloud of stone-dust. "Is *hak* everyone OK?"
(6:18:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I think that's more just we found a sinkhole."
(6:18:50 PM) ***Vargas looks around. "Where are we now?"
(6:18:51 PM) ***Serribon picks up a hunk of stone and gives it a look-see.
(6:18:58 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (perc)
(6:18:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (perc): 34:20+14
(6:18:59 PM) Kormak: "One never can be certain in places like this."
(6:19:12 PM) Serribon: Signs of natural wear? Something else?
(6:19:15 PM) Vargas: (The Caiman sees all. Confess your sins, stone)
(6:19:16 PM) ***Kormak looks around for anything threatening.
(6:19:22 PM) D_M: The dust settles, and y'all look around with your combined lights. You are in a large chamber. You see now why the floor collapsed. It had been excavated from below and then supported by wooden scaffolding. This whole chameber a long-disused dig-site.
(6:20:01 PM) Vargas: "Oh dear. A dig site. We're in a crypt or something."
(6:20:17 PM) Serribon: "Perhaps it's dwarves."
(6:20:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "That means treasure then."
(6:20:25 PM) Kormak: "Or something more sinister."
(6:20:50 PM) Vargas: "I vote for treasure."
(6:21:02 PM) Vargas: "Be on the lookout for spiny creatures though."
(6:21:04 PM) D_M: The door is set high on the wall of a temple that has been undermined and then also supported with stonework and ancient wooden scaffolding. That's all above you. Around you is more old dig-equipment and wooden scaffolding rickety looking, and the floor is flat stone and dust. Toward the far side of the room, near the base of the undermined temple structure, is a black hole in the floor, another sink-hole opening.
(6:21:10 PM) Kormak: "I don't technically think that this is something one can vote on."
(6:21:24 PM) D_M: GUPC
(6:21:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(6:21:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 30:18+12
(6:21:37 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+13 (perc)
(6:21:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (perc): 22:9+13
(6:21:38 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+8 (perc)
(6:21:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (perc): 28:20+8
(6:21:42 PM) D_M: Scuttle scuttle.
(6:21:42 PM) Serribon: (can I juse that check I wasted on the rock, since the cause was obvious?)
(6:21:52 PM) D_M: Sure, Serri.
(6:21:56 PM) Vargas: "Shhhh. Did you here that?"
(6:22:05 PM) Serribon: (34, then)
(6:22:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Yeah." *She grabs her rapier
(6:22:21 PM) D_M: Scuttle scuttle. A small insectoid-looking thing, about the size of a rabbit, emerges from the sink-hole across the chamber.
(6:22:27 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> "Hmm?"
(6:22:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+7 dungoneering
(6:22:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor, dungoneering: 27:20+7
(6:22:41 PM) ***Kormak just blinks at it, "What in the world is that?"
(6:22:42 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> *stands upright, and gets out his flametongue, igniting it. Oh look, 4th light source*
(6:22:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: what is it DM?
(6:22:47 PM) D_M: It seems to be all spiky chitinous segments and legs.
(6:22:58 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (dungeoneering, too)
(6:22:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (dungeoneering, too): 26:18+8
(6:23:02 PM) Grimawake: ,roll 1d20+12 (dungeoneering)
(6:23:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Grimawake, (dungeoneering): 29:17+12
(6:23:17 PM) Grimawake: (Haha, ibby has an obscene roll because of class and max skill)
(6:23:18 PM) D_M: Wow. I wonder what these people do for a living.
(6:23:27 PM) Grimawake: <ibram> I makes peoples fall down
(6:23:28 PM) Vargas: (rofl)
(6:23:28 PM) Serribon: (heh)
(6:23:48 PM) Grimawake is now known as Shana
(6:24:00 PM) D_M: The three who rolled all search their memories for anything resembling this critter.
(6:24:30 PM) D_M: OH YEAH! The legendary underground swarming critter!
(6:24:56 PM) Serribon: ((huh. So apparently it's Cowboy night at the Super Bowl, in honor of the playfield)
(6:25:31 PM) D_M: All at once, the sink-hole explodes with enormous chitinous monstrocities, each looking to weight about a hundred pounds and about the size of ponies.
(6:25:40 PM) Serribon: "Of course..."
(6:25:48 PM) D_M: They come racing toward you. Inits.
(6:25:52 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:25:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 12:5+7
(6:25:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+3
(6:25:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 20:17+3
(6:25:59 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
(6:26:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (init): 3:2+1
(6:26:05 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+2
(6:26:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 3:1+2
(6:26:22 PM) Kormak: (I can never roll for shit for initiative. This is good for my L5R character, but not for this.)
(6:26:25 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+2
(6:26:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 11:9+2
(6:26:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+3
(6:26:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14:11+3
(6:28:02 PM) D_M: So anyway, Cassy, you go first. Tell me what your thoughts are, as Cassandra, seeing this situation as described.
(6:28:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Eeeek!" *Moves behind the meat shields and starts singing away for the +2
(6:29:12 PM) D_M: The flood continues to pour from the hole and race toward the team. They reach you on this round but only with a full move, so as they cross the distance, you all act in turn.
(6:29:13 PM) D_M: Serri.
(6:29:19 PM) D_M: Here they come.
(6:29:44 PM) ***Serribon steps up, drawing his greatsword and assuming a defensive posture in front of the squishies.
(6:29:50 PM) Vargas: (how wide is this tunnel we're in?)
(6:30:42 PM) D_M: Not a tunnel, a chamber. A large room, irregular in shape. Distance to sink-hole, and the undermined temple-structure above it, is perhaps a hundred feet. There are old rickety scaffoldings, piles of stone, and other remnants of the dig all around.
(6:31:05 PM) D_M: Serri, you can position with a single move. If you're readying for the first monster, it reaches you and is adjacent if you wish to take an attack.
(6:31:16 PM) Vargas: (how big is the swarm hole?)
(6:31:17 PM) D_M: Ibram, you move with Serri.
(6:31:31 PM) D_M: Big enough to admit three monsters abreast.
(6:32:24 PM) D_M: Ibram, go. Serri, make your attack if you desire. Kormak, you're afterIbram.
(6:32:33 PM) Serribon: (nah, doing full defense this round)
(6:32:38 PM) D_M: Vargas, you go last.
(6:33:00 PM) Shana: <ibram> *sweeps his flaming sword at the nasty bugs twice. SLASH. SLASH!*
(6:33:06 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+13
(6:33:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 26:13+13
(6:33:15 PM) Shana: Oh wait
(6:33:24 PM) D_M: You can move to the front and make one slash, if you like.
(6:33:38 PM) D_M: Kormak, you go after Ibram.
(6:33:38 PM) Shana: Oh, they're not in 5 foot step range? no owrries
(6:33:43 PM) Shana: hits a 28 then
(6:33:47 PM) D_M: Damage.
(6:33:55 PM) Shana: <ibram> *steps in, shieldwalling with serriberry*
(6:34:05 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d8+10
(6:34:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 13:3+10
(6:34:12 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d6
(6:34:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 6
(6:34:19 PM) Shana: 19 points, 6 from fire.
(6:34:24 PM) Shana: (6 of them)
(6:35:13 PM) D_M: 19 total. The first monster struck screeches and staggers back into its breatheren. Kormak.
(6:35:40 PM) Kormak: I'll step up and attack one of the undamaged ones. Probably can't do it in a 5ft step though, eh?
(6:36:16 PM) D_M: No, you need one move action to maneuver to the front and position yourself. By then, a monster is in range to hit. Serribon's on the right. Ibram's in the middle. You go to the left? If so, you can hit Ibram's.
(6:36:24 PM) D_M: On the diagonal.
(6:36:28 PM) Kormak: Yep.
(6:36:30 PM) D_M: Roll it.
(6:36:34 PM) D_M: Vargas, you go next.
(6:36:36 PM) Kormak: I'll step up and PA it.
(6:36:37 PM) ***Vargas pulls a scrolls out of his pack, and reads the magic words. It burns into ash, and suddenly the swarm hole is filled with sticky webbing ~20' thick (vertically). "I'll see if we can't stem the flow. Keep an eye out for escape. Don't get surrounded!" (dc 18 for web)
(6:36:39 PM) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web
(6:36:47 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(6:36:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 28:18+10
(6:37:12 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+10
(6:37:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 20:10+10
(6:39:06 PM) D_M: Kormak, you crush the carapace of the wounded thing. Vargas casts a spell, and there is a host of screeching under the towering shape of the temple. Cassandra?
(6:39:34 PM) D_M: There are about twenty creatures in the room with you now.
(6:39:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: Are any of them in melee of Cassy
(6:40:00 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Cleanse and burn, Vargas!"
(6:40:07 PM) Vargas: (20 big pony sized ones?)
(6:40:08 PM) Shana: (i've always wanted to say that)
(6:40:31 PM) D_M: Yes. Basically the size of a great dane, or a pony, but less massive.
(6:40:34 PM) D_M: With a single move action, Cassy, melee range.
(6:40:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: Yes, but she doesn't WANT to get next to them!
(6:41:04 PM) D_M: Oh, then not yet, though they're about to surround the party.
(6:42:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Ok. One way to fight gross..." *She summons swarm rats to chew on the ones nearing her
(6:42:39 PM) Vargas: (Are we near a wall or something we can use to avoid getting flanked without getting pinned?)
(6:42:56 PM) Serribon: (what is this "flanked" of which you speak?)
(6:43:14 PM) D_M: Vargas, the nearest wall is about twenty feet behind you, with old scaffolding and stuff around it to make it rough terrain.
(6:43:58 PM) D_M: Cassy, post rat stats. The nearest monsters are thoroughly distracted by this, though.
(6:44:22 PM) Vargas: "We need a wall to our backs to stop them from surrounding us."
(6:44:31 PM) ***Vargas points.
(6:44:48 PM) D_M: The swarm is upon you.
(6:44:54 PM) Serribon: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/rodents/rat/rat-swarm)
(6:44:54 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:44:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:1+7
(6:44:57 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:44:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 20:13+7
(6:45:01 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:45:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 20:13+7
(6:45:06 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:45:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 15:8+7
(6:45:12 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:45:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:5+7
(6:45:16 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:45:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 10:3+7
(6:45:19 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:45:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 24:17+7
(6:45:22 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:45:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14:7+7
(6:45:35 PM) Vargas: (I wish I had known there were 20 of them, not 3.)
(6:45:36 PM) D_M: Ibram fends off his attackers. Serribon, what's your AC?
(6:45:41 PM) Serribon: 25 at the moment
(6:45:53 PM) D_M: Nothing hits you or Ibram. Kormak, your AC?
(6:46:05 PM) Kormak: 21, currently.
(6:46:16 PM) D_M: Vargas, a couple come around the right side of the meat wall, and one attacks you.
(6:46:19 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:46:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 21:14+7
(6:46:22 PM) Vargas: (aoos?)
(6:46:23 PM) D_M: Kormak, you take...
(6:46:44 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4
(6:46:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 5:1+4
(6:46:46 PM) Shana: (Yeah, we'd probably get some AOOS on that
(6:46:47 PM) D_M: 5 damage.
(6:46:48 PM) Kormak: Would a +4 prevent me from taking damage?
(6:46:51 PM) Kormak: Oh, only 5.
(6:46:55 PM) Kormak: n/m
(6:47:14 PM) Vargas: (how high is the chamber?)
(6:47:26 PM) D_M: Serribon, you can take an AoO on one that gets by you, but it's a flood coming around the end.
(6:47:36 PM) Serribon: No I cant. Total Defense
(6:47:58 PM) D_M: The chamber's height varies from thirty to fifty feet. Its highest point is where the floor of the upper chamber gave out and merged the two bubbles of space.
(6:48:02 PM) D_M: Nevermind, then.
(6:48:15 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4 Damage to Vargas.
(6:48:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M, Damage to Vargas.: 7:3+4
(6:48:32 PM) D_M: Go, team venture. Also, Vargas, make a GUPC.
(6:48:41 PM) D_M: Serri, Ibram, Kormak, Vargas, in that order.
(6:48:41 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+8
(6:48:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 26:18+8
(6:48:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(6:48:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:4+4
(6:49:12 PM) ***Serribon swings his blade out of full guard and explodes into action, striking at the critters trying to loop around him.
(6:49:17 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(6:49:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 27:15+12
(6:49:21 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:49:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 9:2+7
(6:49:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Make note. Invent Batman grappling hook.)
(6:49:53 PM) D_M: AC 16.
(6:50:07 PM) Serribon: (sec. watching trailer)
(6:50:12 PM) D_M: As someone who plays with divination, Vargas, you feel the need to Detect Magic in the direction of the hole.
(6:50:16 PM) D_M: Trailer's over.
(6:50:23 PM) Shana: (All it is is crossbow+grappling hook)
(6:50:50 PM) Serribon: Serri's blade shimmers slightly and explodes in a burst of white light when it passes into the bug.
(6:50:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+7
(6:50:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:9+7
(6:50:54 PM) D_M: Ibram, Kormak, Vargas.
(6:50:57 PM) Serribon: (non-lethal damage)
(6:51:00 PM) Kormak: (We need an artificer)
(6:51:13 PM) Vargas: (is there 5' for me to step back, or do I need to cast defensively?)
(6:51:27 PM) Vargas: "Cass, get ready to climb on my back!"
(6:51:34 PM) D_M: Serribon, the creature is momentarily taken aback by Serribon's onslaught. Vargas, you can 5' back out of threat range.
(6:51:54 PM) D_M: Kormak, you can go while we're waiting for Ibby.
(6:51:59 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Right."
(6:52:04 PM) Shana: Oh it's my turn?
(6:52:08 PM) D_M: Yup.
(6:52:16 PM) Shana: <ibram> *sweeps his blade out twice, bellowing with anger*
(6:52:20 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(6:52:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 21:6+15
(6:52:24 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+10
(6:52:24 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 18:8+10
(6:52:28 PM) Shana: (Oh ffs.)
(6:52:33 PM) D_M: AC 16
(6:52:40 PM) Shana: ,roll 2d8+10
(6:52:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 22:12+10
(6:52:45 PM) Shana: ,roll 2d6
(6:52:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 12
(6:52:49 PM) D_M: You drop one.
(6:52:50 PM) Shana: well god damn
(6:52:56 PM) D_M: And cook it.
(6:53:00 PM) D_M: Kormak.
(6:53:02 PM) D_M: And Vargas.
(6:53:06 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Ugh, they STINK when you kill them."
(6:53:16 PM) Kormak: Something within a range of a flurry?
(6:53:20 PM) Serribon: "They don't smell that pleasant to begin with."
(6:53:27 PM) D_M: Yes, Kormak, LOTS.
(6:53:27 PM) ***Vargas takes 5' back, and channels a fly spell through his item bond. "Hop on!" He'll then lift Cassandra on his back over the bugs and out of chomp chomp range.
(6:53:30 PM) Kormak: If so, PA Flurry.
(6:53:41 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(6:53:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 23:13+10
(6:53:42 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(6:53:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 26:16+10
(6:53:44 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+5
(6:53:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 7:2+5
(6:53:51 PM) Kormak: Fair enough.
(6:53:58 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+10
(6:53:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 17:7+10
(6:53:59 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+10
(6:53:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 13:3+10
(6:55:07 PM) Serribon: (what're our bonuses from song again?)
(6:55:11 PM) D_M: Vargas, as you lift into the air, you see that the creatures are just piling at your meat-shield buddies, slashing with their sharp legs. Most are dark grey, though you make out a couple that are bigger and lighter in color, with some striping on their legs. These have not waded forward far enough to reach any human targets.
(6:55:13 PM) Captain_Tylor: 2
(6:55:21 PM) Serribon: (hit and armor?)
(6:55:25 PM) Captain_Tylor: hit and damage
(6:55:28 PM) D_M: Cassy, you are riding on Vargas's shoulders above the fray.
(6:55:28 PM) Kormak: (Oh yeah, add 4 to that damage total. I forgot the extra damage)
(6:55:33 PM) Vargas: +2 to hit, dmg, morale saves.
(6:55:48 PM) Serribon: ('kay. then 18 on that one I struck, too)
(6:55:52 PM) Vargas: "What are those ones, Cass?"
(6:55:53 PM) D_M: Total damage, Kormak?
(6:55:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Is riding and concentrating on the rat swarm so they can chew on the bugs
(6:56:00 PM) Kormak: 34
(6:56:01 PM) D_M: If you break 25, you drop a monster.
(6:56:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "What are what ones?"
(6:56:10 PM) Serribon: ('kay)
(6:56:12 PM) D_M: Several creatures fight with the rats.
(6:56:15 PM) ***Vargas points at the bigger lighter ones with stripes.
(6:56:17 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(6:56:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:4+4
(6:56:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Bugs. I don't know. They're bugs, I hate bugs!"
(6:56:36 PM) D_M: You continue to hear shrieking and struggling in the web at the hole.
(6:56:58 PM) D_M: Serri.
(6:57:04 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+11 (k: nature)
(6:57:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (k: nature): 21:10+11
(6:57:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(6:57:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 28:16+12
(6:57:11 PM) D_M: Oh, wait, and the bugs.
(6:57:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 13:6+7
(6:57:25 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+7
(6:57:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:12+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:57:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 21:14+7
(6:57:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 27:20+7
(6:57:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 10:3+7
(6:57:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 15:8+7
(6:57:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 24:17+7
(6:57:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 9:2+7
(6:57:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 21:14+7
(6:57:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:1+7
(6:57:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 27:20+7
(6:57:40 PM) D_M: Ibram, one hit
(6:57:43 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4
(6:57:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 6:2+4
(6:57:47 PM) Shana: <ibram> "DAMNATION!"
(6:57:53 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+10 (k. dungeon to ID the different color ones)
(6:57:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (k. dungeon to ID the different color ones): 18:8+10
(6:57:57 PM) D_M: Serribon, one hit.
(6:57:59 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4
(6:58:00 PM) Serribon: AC 21 this round
(6:58:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 7:3+4
(6:58:17 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:58:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 25:18+7
(6:58:20 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:58:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 22:15+7
(6:58:22 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(6:58:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 25:18+7
(6:58:37 PM) D_M: Kormak, your AC?
(6:58:48 PM) Kormak: 21
(6:58:55 PM) D_M: Four hits against you.
(6:59:00 PM) D_M: ,roll 4d6+16
(6:59:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 30:14+16
(6:59:10 PM) Kormak: One second.
(6:59:18 PM) D_M: ?
(6:59:19 PM) Kormak: What are the numbers?
(6:59:25 PM) Kormak: Ki pool, remember. :)
(6:59:32 PM) Kormak: I can spend as a swift action.
(6:59:46 PM) D_M: 27, did not confirm, 25, 22, 25, on the attacks.
(7:00:02 PM) D_M: Swift Actions are spent on your turn, tough.
(7:00:04 PM) D_M: though.
(7:00:19 PM) D_M: Oh, no, my bad.
(7:00:37 PM) D_M: Oh, wait, no, I was right.
(7:00:45 PM) Kormak: Any time I can take a free action.
(7:00:47 PM) D_M: Swift Action on your turn, Immediate Action at any time.
(7:01:12 PM) D_M: "However, unlike a swift action, an immediate action can be performed at any timeā€”even if it's not your turn."
(7:01:24 PM) Kormak: Ah
(7:01:27 PM) Kormak: N/M then.
(7:01:35 PM) D_M: Ok, go team.
(7:01:42 PM) D_M: Cassy, insight check. Perception.
(7:01:50 PM) D_M: Serri, Ibram, Kormak, Vargas, go in that order.
(7:01:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(7:01:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 20:8+12
(7:02:21 PM) D_M: Also, did anyone activate Detect Magic earlier?
(7:02:33 PM) D_M: At any time since the Whump?
(7:02:40 PM) Vargas: (Yes)
(7:02:44 PM) Shana: <ibram> *Has eaten his khorne flakes. He keeps swinging, more or less back to back with serri and kormak, a knot of heroic manly swordslashing among the horrible horde of chitin. Oh look it's a salander, and elfdar, and an ork fighting nids. Like someone's fanfic gone awry.*
(7:02:45 PM) Vargas: (I did in the chamber above)
(7:03:13 PM) D_M: I thought I saw something about that. Vargas, something is trying to dispel your web.
(7:03:27 PM) ***Serribon continues to hack at the milling bugs.
(7:03:29 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:03:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 20:8+12
(7:03:32 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:03:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 13:6+7
(7:03:38 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+7
(7:03:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 13:6+7
(7:03:45 PM) D_M: 16 to hit.
(7:03:50 PM) D_M: 25 to kill.
(7:03:57 PM) Vargas: "Cassandra, how do we seal that hole?"
(7:03:58 PM) D_M: That is, AC 16, 25 HP, per bug.
(7:04:01 PM) Serribon: Yep.
(7:04:32 PM) D_M: Those who rolled Dungeoneering or Nature and could see the discolord bugs, you recognize them as Soldier caste. You don't know what these are, but those versions look bigger and meaner.
(7:04:32 PM) Serribon: I'm still doing non-lethat at the moment, so anyone following after me should score a knock-out, if not a kill.
(7:04:48 PM) Serribon: Assuming same targets
(7:04:58 PM) D_M: Lethal damage will score a kill on one of Serri's targets. Let it be so.
(7:05:08 PM) D_M: Ibram, roll it. Kormak, what's your plan?
(7:05:16 PM) Serribon: (I've hit three of them with less that full KO damage)
(7:05:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> ooc: Its buffering Vargas! We're dying because of lag!
(7:05:43 PM) D_M: Ibram, you're adjacent to Serri. You can reach at least one of those he's wounded.
(7:06:01 PM) Kormak: Lets see, still quite a number around me?
(7:06:22 PM) Shana: <ibram> *swings for one, then another, if he has to*
(7:06:26 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(7:06:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 19:4+15
(7:06:30 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:06:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 11:1+10
(7:06:33 PM) D_M: Kormak, remember, there are piles of old stone and scaffolding scattered here and there. It's about 20' behind you to the wall. Maybe 15' to the nearest structure. No guarantees that any of the structure is stable, though.
(7:06:40 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d8+10
(7:06:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 18:8+10
(7:06:43 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d6
(7:06:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 2
(7:06:46 PM) Shana: 20 damage
(7:06:56 PM) D_M: You easily drop one the one Serri wounded.
(7:07:17 PM) D_M: Vargas, what's your next plan? As you scream at Cassy, "How do we seal the hole?" What's your action?
(7:07:21 PM) ***Vargas uses Haste while he's still in range for the whole party. Then he's going to start flying 90' per move to examine the hole, and what they can do to seal it. "Beware the striped ones! Back soonish."
(7:07:35 PM) Kormak: Uh, I was asking about monsters around me, not scaffolding.
(7:08:12 PM) D_M: Oh. Lots of monsters in reach, Kormak. You are nearly surrounded, though the rats have some distracted on your immediate left hand. And Ibram is guarding your immediate right hand.
(7:09:10 PM) Kormak: I'm going to flurry one, then.
(7:09:26 PM) Kormak: Probably take a 5ft step closer to Ibram afterwards, though.
(7:09:34 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:09:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 25:15+10
(7:09:35 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:09:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 24:14+10
(7:09:38 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+5
(7:09:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 11:6+5
(7:09:51 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:09:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 16:4+12
(7:09:52 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:09:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 13:1+12
(7:10:01 PM) Shana: (Remember you're now hasted as well)
(7:10:06 PM) D_M: Not yet.
(7:10:10 PM) D_M: Haste hits after his action.
(7:10:12 PM) Kormak: Total damage 29.
(7:10:30 PM) D_M: You squash another one, and then step behind Ibram and Kormak, tightening your formation into a triangle.
(7:10:49 PM) D_M: Vargas, what's your Fly skill mod right now? Dex plus Skill plus spell-bonus.
(7:11:07 PM) D_M: (Fly bonus is half caster level)
(7:11:09 PM) Kormak: Oops, and I spend my ki to raise my A
(7:11:11 PM) Kormak: AC
(7:11:15 PM) Shana: (am I hasty now?)
(7:11:18 PM) D_M: Roger, K.
(7:11:34 PM) D_M: Vargas's Haste spell fires, and then he swoops away with Cassandra.
(7:11:37 PM) Vargas: +8. There is no check unless I try to turn in the middle of a move, or turn cartwheels.
(7:11:53 PM) Serribon: (http://sprki.com/amazing-beautiful-picture-made-out-of-nails-saimir-strati/)
(7:12:33 PM) D_M: Cassandra, there IS a way to collapse the remains of the temple onto the hole and seal it properly. It will take you several successful DC30 Engineering checks to figure out exactly how. An Engineering check for this purpose is a move action.
(7:13:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Give me a few minutes."
(7:13:22 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(7:13:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 18:3+15
(7:13:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(7:13:24 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 22:7+15
(7:13:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: nothing this round
(7:13:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: you do realize this is going to take forever, that's a 25% success rate
(7:14:19 PM) D_M: It will only take a couple of successes to put things together. Just don't be unlucky. :-) And you can get assists, if people want to spend their move actions pointing things out to you.
(7:14:26 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(7:14:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 18:14+4
(7:15:25 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ok, then can I throw out this die and get a better one?
(7:16:07 PM) D_M: Neg, Ben.
(7:16:18 PM) D_M: Vargas, something dispels your web.
(7:16:27 PM) Serribon: "It is fortunate Miriam isn't here. These bugs would send her catatonic."
(7:16:41 PM) ***Vargas sweatdrops as his web goes poof.
(7:17:36 PM) D_M: Several monsters, previously suspended, drop out of sight. Then new monsters begin swarming into the cave. Among them are several reddish-tinted ones with spiny psuedo-tails, and one that looks like a buggish turtle, which glistens with magic-ness.
(7:17:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:17:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 19:12+7
(7:17:58 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:17:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:1+7
(7:17:59 PM) Shana: (Oh god we're fighting the megarachnids of murder)
(7:18:03 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:18:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:5+7
(7:18:06 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:18:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 25:18+7
(7:18:11 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:18:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:9+7
(7:18:20 PM) Serribon: (at least there's not a big one with a vagina for a mouth)
(7:18:21 PM) D_M: Serribon, does the 25 hit you?
(7:18:24 PM) Serribon: Yes
(7:18:29 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4
(7:18:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 7:3+4
(7:18:56 PM) D_M: Serri, Ibram, Kormak, Vargas. Team on the ground: you can make tactical movement as a group. Just coordinate. I do not recommend that you remain surrounded in the middle of the floor.
(7:19:30 PM) Shana: <ibram> "We've got to get our backs to a wall!"
(7:19:35 PM) Serribon: (Which is the nearest one?)
(7:19:43 PM) Vargas: (20' behind you)
(7:19:46 PM) Kormak: "I say we get off the ground. Height advantage."
(7:20:03 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Serri, smash a way through, I'll cover your flank, Kormak, you get the other." *he frowns at Kormak* "Where the hell are we going to do that?"
(7:20:05 PM) D_M: 10' of open ground through the bugs, then 10' of rough terrain provided by old scaffolding and piled stone.
(7:20:22 PM) Vargas: (Is there any taller structure that Cass and I could fly to for cover from range?)
(7:20:33 PM) Kormak: (There are tons of scaffolding and rocks and stuff, from what the DM said earlier.)
(7:20:42 PM) D_M: Absolutely, Vargas. There are many-tiered scaffolds all over.
(7:20:56 PM) D_M: Ground team, are you making movement toward the wall?
(7:21:08 PM) D_M: 5' steps, or a single move each?
(7:21:23 PM) Serribon: (5's so we can full attack)
(7:21:29 PM) Kormak: Sure, and 5's are fine.
(7:21:30 PM) Shana: <ibram> *agreed*
(7:21:30 PM) Vargas: (don't forget your +30 move with haste)
(7:21:32 PM) Serribon: (and avoid AoOs)
(7:21:47 PM) D_M: Roger. Make your attacks, team.
(7:21:50 PM) ***Serribon hacks into the bugs as the team makes progress towards the wall.
(7:21:52 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:21:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 32:20+12
(7:22:03 PM) D_M: Meanwhile, Vargas!
(7:22:04 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (forgot the bard bonus)
(7:22:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (forgot the bard bonus): 27:13+14
(7:22:14 PM) D_M: Vargas, you can spend a move action to assist Cassy if you like.
(7:22:25 PM) Serribon: ,roll 6d6+18
(7:22:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 43:25+18
(7:22:39 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9 (iterative)
(7:22:39 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (iterative): 25:16+9
(7:22:46 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (haste)
(7:22:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (haste): 17:3+14
(7:22:50 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+7
(7:22:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 10:3+7
(7:22:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+7
(7:22:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:11+7
(7:22:58 PM) ***Vargas drops a sleet storm on the spiny bugs, and the magicy bug. He then flies for a structure nearby they can use to hide from the bugs while Cass thinks.
(7:23:01 PM) Serribon: Two down, I think.
(7:23:28 PM) D_M: Radius of sleet storm, Vargas?
(7:23:43 PM) D_M: Ibram, you go after Serri.
(7:23:54 PM) Vargas: 40' radius, so 80' wide.
(7:23:54 PM) D_M: Kormak, you go after Ibram. Roll your attacks, guys. You're working simultaneously, here.
(7:24:02 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10 (Flurry)
(7:24:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (Flurry): 19:9+10
(7:24:03 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10 (Flurry)
(7:24:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (Flurry): 20:10+10
(7:24:06 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+5 (Flurry)
(7:24:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (Flurry): 13:8+5
(7:24:15 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:24:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 13:1+12
(7:24:16 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:24:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 19:7+12
(7:24:21 PM) D_M: Much of the room is suddenly engulfed in a sleet storm.
(7:24:22 PM) Kormak: (One down)
(7:24:35 PM) D_M: Ibram?
(7:24:49 PM) ***Serribon strikes two of the enormous insects, dropping both in flashes of light.
(7:24:58 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:24:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 29:13+16
(7:25:00 PM) D_M: Kormak, you now have 10' of rough terrain between you and the wall.
(7:25:01 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:25:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 19:3+16
(7:25:05 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+11
(7:25:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 19:8+11
(7:25:17 PM) Shana: <ibram> *KHORNE FLAKES, BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS*
(7:25:23 PM) Shana: ,roll 3d8+10
(7:25:24 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 25:15+10
(7:25:29 PM) Shana: 45 damage.
(7:25:54 PM) D_M: Cassandra, your turn.
(7:26:01 PM) D_M: Vargas, is there a concentration check for casting in a sleet storm?
(7:26:21 PM) Vargas: No. You just can't see anything.
(7:26:28 PM) Kormak: I'll make an acro check to move through it normally. I think you can do that, correct?
(7:26:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(7:26:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 16:1+15
(7:26:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(7:26:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 29:14+15
(7:26:51 PM) D_M: Kormak, there are bugs all around you, now, so you still have to kinda fight your way through 'em. You have to kill one and then 5' into its territory.
(7:26:56 PM) D_M: AP, Ben?
(7:27:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: can't
(7:27:07 PM) D_M: Spent 'em all?
(7:27:08 PM) Kormak: That's fine.
(7:27:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: have 1 left
(7:27:17 PM) D_M: Ah. Heh.
(7:27:37 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(7:27:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:12+4
(7:27:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: lemme get next round too, so I can take a shower
(7:27:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(7:27:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 30:15+15
(7:27:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(7:27:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 34:19+15
(7:27:59 PM) Vargas: Sweet!
(7:27:59 PM) D_M: HAH! Two down!
(7:28:13 PM) D_M: Another dispel attempt fails against your magic, Vargas. Ibram, something big and grey leaps out of the fray, walking over its comrades to attack you.
(7:28:19 PM) D_M: With striped legs.
(7:28:28 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:28:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 32:16+16
(7:28:33 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d8+9
(7:28:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:7+9
(7:28:38 PM) D_M: 16 damage.
(7:28:43 PM) D_M: Other adjacent monsters:
(7:28:45 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:28:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:5+7
(7:28:49 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:28:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 23:16+7
(7:28:53 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:28:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:5+7
(7:28:58 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:28:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14:7+7
(7:29:02 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:29:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:1+7
(7:29:06 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:29:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:9+7
(7:29:09 PM) D_M: No one else takes damage.
(7:29:15 PM) D_M: Serri, Ibram, Kormak, Vargas.
(7:29:21 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:29:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:3+14
(7:29:26 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(7:29:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 12:3+9
(7:29:29 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:29:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:5+14
(7:29:35 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(7:29:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:9+9
(7:29:40 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(7:29:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:10+9
(7:29:44 PM) Shana: <ibram> "KILL THE BIG ONE"
(7:29:54 PM) ***Serribon staggers a couple more bugs and retreats further towards the wall.
(7:30:23 PM) Serribon: "Defense first."
(7:30:51 PM) Kormak: Ibram, you might notice that Kormak's looking fairly hurt.
(7:31:17 PM) D_M: Ibram, GUPC to notice Kormak's pain, unless Kormak calls out.
(7:31:51 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+1
(7:31:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 5:4+1
(7:31:56 PM) Shana: <ibram> BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
(7:32:00 PM) D_M: You do not notice without prompting.
(7:32:19 PM) D_M: Kormak, it's a free, anytime action to scream, "I'm HIT!"
(7:32:56 PM) Kormak: "Hey Ibram, could you give me a little healing here? I've been hurt."
(7:33:09 PM) D_M: Or that.
(7:33:12 PM) D_M: Ibram, your action?
(7:33:15 PM) Vargas: (remember potions when you've got them)
(7:34:01 PM) Kormak: (I need to remember to buy 'em)
(7:34:03 PM) D_M: Kormak, presumably you flurry and step, right?
(7:34:08 PM) Kormak: Yep.
(7:34:14 PM) D_M: If so, go ahead and roll it while we wait for Ibram to decide.
(7:34:20 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:34:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 27:17+10
(7:34:21 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:34:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 21:11+10
(7:34:25 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+5
(7:34:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 17:12+5
(7:34:33 PM) Kormak: I think all three hit, for once. Nice.
(7:34:41 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:34:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 21:9+12
(7:34:42 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:34:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 14:2+12
(7:34:42 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:34:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 15:3+12
(7:34:49 PM) D_M: Drop one, injure the next.
(7:34:53 PM) Kormak: 50 damage total.
(7:34:56 PM) Kormak: Yay!
(7:35:14 PM) Shana: <ibram> *shakes his head, just goes to clear Kormak some room by slaughtering the bugs around him, turning his back on the big un*
(7:35:36 PM) D_M: Ibram denies Kormak healing for now. Roll 'em, Ibby.
(7:36:05 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(7:36:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 25:10+15
(7:36:07 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(7:36:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 18:3+15
(7:36:11 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:36:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 24:14+10
(7:36:18 PM) Shana: ,roll 3d8+10
(7:36:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 22:12+10
(7:36:20 PM) D_M: AC 22 on the soldier.
(7:36:26 PM) Shana: ,roll 3d6
(7:36:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 18
(7:36:31 PM) Shana: He hadn't engaged the soldier
(7:36:38 PM) D_M: Ah, k.
(7:36:40 PM) Shana: 40 damage on the bugs engaging kormak.
(7:36:44 PM) D_M: I see what you did.
(7:36:52 PM) Kormak: Uh, ki for the +4, btw.
(7:36:59 PM) D_M: Roger.
(7:37:01 PM) Kormak: Assume that for the time being.
(7:37:02 PM) D_M: Vargas, go.
(7:37:04 PM) ***Vargas desperately needs to provide aid for his allies at range. But he's saving the tentacles for ranged and casters. He casts glitterdust on the soldier caste bugs since they haven't mixed ranks with his allies yet. (170' range, 20' radius) (dc 19 will save)
(7:37:08 PM) D_M: Roger, K.
(7:38:12 PM) ***Vargas remains behind cover with Cassandra while she does her thing.
(7:38:19 PM) D_M: Vargas, most of the room below you is obscured by the sleet storm. You can get the bugs immediately engaging the group, though.
(7:38:45 PM) Vargas: (yeah, those are the ones.)
(7:38:46 PM) D_M: Vargas, remember you have to move at least half your speed to remain flying. It does not help you levitate if you aren't moving.
(7:39:02 PM) Serribon: (ah, magical flight doesn't let you hover?)
(7:39:04 PM) Vargas: (That's non-magical flight)
(7:39:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I need to see past the sleet storm. I see something, but, its blocking my view."
(7:39:55 PM) D_M: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/fly
(7:39:55 PM) D_M: Hover requires a check, whether winged or magical.
(7:40:08 PM) D_M: It's an easy check, though. If you don't make it, you just keep swooping.
(7:40:43 PM) D_M: Fly just grants you a fly speed, at which point you have to abide by the Fly skill rules.
(7:40:58 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+2
(7:40:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 10:8+2
(7:41:02 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20-1
(7:41:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:13-1
(7:41:08 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20-1
(7:41:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 0:1-1
(7:41:37 PM) D_M: Oh, wait, these are subterranean bugs. Vargas, is Glitterdust save sight-dependent?
(7:41:46 PM) D_M: 'Cause these are tremor-sensing and whatnot.
(7:41:47 PM) Serribon: (+4 for good maneuver, too)
(7:42:08 PM) Vargas: Oh. Well, I would have chosen a different spell then based on previous knowledge check.
(7:42:16 PM) D_M: Go ahead and retcon.
(7:42:33 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(7:42:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 17:13+4
(7:43:03 PM) ***Vargas will just fly towards whatever Cass just directed him over or past the storm.
(7:43:35 PM) D_M: Cassy clarifies: what she needs to see is currently obscured by the storm. You will either have to dismiss it or else fly down into it and move adjacent to the thing she needs to see.
(7:44:09 PM) Vargas: (Sorry for the delay, I just hadn't realized they had changed Fly into a bullshit spell where you can't hover without a check.)
(7:44:33 PM) Vargas: (WTF were they thinking?)
(7:44:37 PM) D_M: (Hah, just cast levitate, yo.)
(7:44:56 PM) D_M: (I personally like the rule. It makes a spirit-of-law distinction between levitation and flight.)
(7:45:18 PM) Vargas: (No, it's called somebody wanted to make a fly skill, and force people to use it aside from monsters)
(7:45:27 PM) D_M: Heh.
(7:45:29 PM) Vargas: (I digress. Please continue)
(7:45:52 PM) D_M: Anyway, several of the reddish whip-tailed monsters emerge from the storm at the edges of the room and flick their tails at you.
(7:46:02 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:46:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 27:19+8
(7:46:05 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:46:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:8+8
(7:46:08 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:46:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 20:12+8
(7:46:12 PM) Vargas: (How, they have no ground tremorsense to see me?)
(7:47:06 PM) D_M: Good question! And yet they do. Makes you wonder, don't it? Other melee critters are starting to emerge and climb the scaffolding, as well, as if trying to reach you.
(7:47:19 PM) D_M: AC, V?
(7:47:21 PM) Serribon: (inherent detect magic)
(7:47:22 PM) D_M: And Cassy?
(7:47:28 PM) Vargas: (12.)
(7:47:35 PM) Serribon: (or echo-location)
(7:47:35 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d4+2
(7:47:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 4:2+2
(7:47:37 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d4+2
(7:47:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 3:1+2
(7:47:49 PM) D_M: 7 to V.
(7:47:51 PM) Serribon: (though the latter should still be stymied by the sleet storm)
(7:47:55 PM) Captain_Tylor: 22
(7:48:01 PM) D_M: The third spine misses Cassy.
(7:48:35 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:48:35 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:48:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 18:2+16
(7:48:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 35:19+16
(7:48:48 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d8+9 (Ibram, the solder hits you once)
(7:48:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M, (Ibram, the solder hits you once): 12:3+9
(7:48:51 PM) D_M: For 12.
(7:48:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:48:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:9+7
(7:48:59 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:48:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 13:5+8
(7:49:05 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:49:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 9:2+7
(7:49:09 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:49:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 11:4+7
(7:49:15 PM) D_M: Nothing else hits.
(7:49:22 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:49:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:2+14
(7:49:23 PM) D_M: You all advance another five feet.
(7:49:26 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:49:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:12+14
(7:49:28 PM) D_M: Ground team, let 'em have it.
(7:49:28 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(7:49:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 22:13+9
(7:49:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(7:49:36 PM) D_M: AC 16 on the minions, 22 on the soldier.
(7:49:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:7+9
(7:49:41 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(7:49:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:17+9
(7:49:46 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(7:49:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:9+9
(7:50:11 PM) Serribon: Drops one outright, two more heavily weakened.
(7:50:11 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:50:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 30:20+10
(7:50:13 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:50:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 29:19+10
(7:50:17 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+5
(7:50:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 19:14+5
(7:50:26 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10 (to confirm)
(7:50:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (to confirm): 20:10+10
(7:50:31 PM) Serribon: (ooo. confirmed crit)
(7:50:44 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:50:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 20:8+12
(7:50:45 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(7:50:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 20:8+12
(7:50:51 PM) Kormak: ,roll 2d10+24
(7:50:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 36:12+24
(7:50:56 PM) D_M: Let 'em have it, guys.
(7:51:02 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(7:51:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 19:4+15
(7:51:04 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(7:51:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 32:17+15
(7:51:07 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:51:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 16:6+10
(7:51:14 PM) Kormak: (I think mine are dead, guys)
(7:51:26 PM) Shana: ,roll 3d8+30 (Clearing room for kormak and serri)
(7:51:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana, (Clearing room for kormak and serri): 49:19+30
(7:51:32 PM) D_M: Vargas, the ground team continues to make steady progress, leaving a wake of dead monsters.
(7:51:35 PM) Shana: <ibram> *BLOODROCUTION*
(7:51:39 PM) Shana: ,roll 3d6
(7:51:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 10
(7:51:41 PM) Kormak: (4 ki left)
(7:51:42 PM) D_M: Vargas.
(7:52:00 PM) Serribon: "Have you been drinking again, Corbec?"
(7:52:07 PM) Vargas: (Where did Cassandra point me to fly to earlier?)
(7:52:09 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Why do you ask?"
(7:52:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: lower down by the hole
(7:52:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: back and to the left
(7:52:34 PM) D_M: Down into the storm, V. She needs either adjacent, or clear line of sight, on something near the base of the temple structure.
(7:53:24 PM) ***Vargas drops black tentacles on the spinies, and flies to said point.
(7:53:25 PM) D_M: If you go into the storm, you'll be protected by its obscuration, but finding the thing she needs will take more time.
(7:54:05 PM) D_M: You dive into the sleet storm, and its chaos surrounds you. You begin searching down the wall for what Cassy was looking for. Cassy, you can't make the checks this turn, so use your turn for something else.
(7:54:31 PM) Serribon: "You keep yelling nonsense."
(7:54:59 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+12 (grappling tentacles)
(7:54:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (grappling tentacles): 15:3+12
(7:55:09 PM) Vargas: actually, wrong mod
(7:55:18 PM) Shana: (That wasn't a yell)
(7:55:25 PM) Vargas: (No, wait. 12 is correct)
(7:55:26 PM) D_M: I thnk Rivet is making meta-jokes.
(7:55:29 PM) D_M: Roger, V.
(7:55:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: OK!
(7:55:37 PM) Vargas: (is it? lemme check)
(7:55:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: Free AP on the table while Cassy readjusts
(7:55:50 PM) Shana: (Ah. Yeah, all of the non-quotes are ooc)
(7:56:14 PM) D_M: Explain that to the team, Cassy, while the bugs go.
(7:56:16 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(7:56:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 18:14+4
(7:56:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: Spell Cassandra casts, if its not used this turn its not wasted
(7:56:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: but, if it is, that means someone can basically use it for a free AP
(7:57:21 PM) Serribon: (oh. the asterisks look like quotes at this size and font)
(7:58:10 PM) Serribon: (we back up in the rotation, then?)
(7:58:13 PM) D_M: The bugs that are crawling up the ceiling begin redirecting to follow Vargas and Cassy into the wilderness of the storm, and then, all at once, it snuffs out and becomes peace and quiet. A few lingering snowflakes drift in the air.
(7:58:18 PM) D_M: Several attack the team.
(7:58:26 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:58:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 36:20+16
(7:58:31 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:58:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 24:8+16
(7:58:42 PM) D_M: Ibram, AC is 26, right?
(7:58:48 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(7:58:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 20:4+16
(7:59:06 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d8+9
(7:59:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:3+9
(7:59:07 PM) Shana: 27
(7:59:11 PM) D_M: Ibram takes 12.
(7:59:13 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:59:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 25:18+7
(7:59:15 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:59:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14:7+7
(7:59:16 PM) Serribon: (bugs on the ceiling?)
(7:59:23 PM) D_M: Scaffolding, sorry.
(7:59:32 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:59:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 11:4+7
(7:59:35 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:59:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 17:10+7
(7:59:41 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:59:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 11:4+7
(8:00:10 PM) Serribon: (25 would hit me. Nothing else does)
(8:00:19 PM) D_M: That was at Ibram.
(8:00:34 PM) Serribon: (ok.)
(8:00:41 PM) D_M: The minion bugs miss. Another striped-grey bug bounds over its comrades toward the team, but doesn't reach them this round. Cassy, you immediately see what you need to see as the storm dissippates. You can make your checks this round.
(8:00:45 PM) D_M: Ground team, go.
(8:00:54 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:00:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 21:7+14
(8:00:57 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:00:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 21:7+14
(8:01:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(8:01:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 27:18+9
(8:01:06 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:01:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:7+9
(8:01:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:01:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:9+9
(8:01:11 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:01:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:10+9
(8:01:33 PM) Serribon: (how many on us? And do I need to acro to 5' into the rubble?)
(8:01:56 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Keep them off kormak!" *even though ibram himself is horribly bloody*
(8:02:00 PM) D_M: One more 5' stepp for ground team to reach the wall. You are still being swarmed, but they aren't surrounding you anymore.
(8:02:06 PM) D_M: Kormak is mostly safe behind you and Ibram.
(8:02:37 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:02:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 16:6+10
(8:02:38 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:02:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 26:16+10
(8:02:39 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:02:39 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 12:2+10
(8:02:46 PM) Kormak: That's two, right?
(8:03:21 PM) Kormak: (Err, third was supposed to be a +5. Missed anyway)
(8:03:21 PM) D_M: 16 hits.
(8:03:27 PM) D_M: After ground team goes Vargas. Vargas, with Cassy on your back, you are diving into the storm following her directions, when all at once your storm evaporates. You look around to see bugs coming at you, but they are not in reach yet. You see the turtle bug turning to face what is probably its front end right at you. It's clearly aware of you in a particular way, despite your flight.
(8:03:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(8:03:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 23:8+15
(8:03:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(8:03:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 25:10+15
(8:03:36 PM) Captain_Tylor: nope
(8:03:36 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(8:03:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 21:9+12
(8:03:37 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(8:03:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 22:10+12
(8:03:45 PM) Kormak: (43 damage, 3 ki left)
(8:03:52 PM) D_M: Kormak, you are out of targets.
(8:04:10 PM) Shana: <ibram> *turns on the big bug*
(8:04:15 PM) D_M: Ibram, the soldier bug is really hammering you.
(8:04:16 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:04:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 18:3+15
(8:04:17 PM) D_M: 22 to hit.
(8:04:19 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:04:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 26:11+15
(8:04:22 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:04:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 20:10+10
(8:04:24 PM) D_M: Vargas, feel free to declare action.
(8:04:26 PM) Shana: ap, my last
(8:04:29 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d6
(8:04:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 4
(8:04:35 PM) Shana: ,roll 2d8+20
(8:04:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 30:10+20
(8:04:44 PM) Shana: ,roll 2d6
(8:04:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 4
(8:04:47 PM) D_M: The bug staggers, but is still alive.
(8:05:09 PM) Serribon: (not your last - there's that freebie Cassie generated for us)
(8:05:24 PM) Shana: (this is inherently awesome)
(8:05:25 PM) Shana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2AVIFN3dk&feature=related
(8:05:38 PM) Serribon: (neither Kormak or I needed it. )
(8:06:10 PM) D_M: Vargas, I presume you're flying back up out of reach. What about your standard action?
(8:06:55 PM) D_M: A scaffolding collapses under the weight of several bugs and drops them with a crash a few screeches.
(8:07:04 PM) D_M: Also, GUPC, Vargas.
(8:07:08 PM) ***Vargas will fly up, and then throw a fireball at the turtle and everything near it. "Damn xenophobic bug, die!" He snaps his fingers, and throws fireball.
(8:07:16 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+8 (perc)
(8:07:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (perc): 16:8+8
(8:07:34 PM) Vargas: dc 19 ref save
(8:07:36 PM) D_M: Good enough. You notice another turtle bug emerge from the hole just as you fire, and are able to catch them both in your blast.
(8:07:39 PM) Vargas: ,roll 7d6
(8:07:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 26
(8:07:42 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+3
(8:07:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 15:12+3
(8:07:47 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+3
(8:07:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 4:1+3
(8:08:13 PM) D_M: Both turtle bugs and numerous minion bugs are instantly roasted. GUPCs from everyone.
(8:08:23 PM) Vargas: "I'm running out of ammo."
(8:08:28 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+8
(8:08:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 18:10+8
(8:08:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(8:08:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 22:10+12
(8:08:45 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+1
(8:08:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 14:13+1
(8:08:56 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+13
(8:08:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 28:15+13
(8:09:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (GUPC)
(8:09:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (GUPC): 34:20+14
(8:09:31 PM) Serribon: (no evil shall escape my sight!)
(8:09:32 PM) D_M: Vargas and Cassy: you both notice that the bugs' behavior becomes immediately more random and swarmy. The ranged bugs lose interest in you, as do the other minions in your vicinity, and begin million.
(8:09:38 PM) D_M: Begin milling, rather.
(8:09:50 PM) Vargas: "What the?"
(8:09:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: fucking nid players
(8:10:12 PM) Shana: (SHOOT AT THE BIG ONES. CAIN WAS RIGHT)
(8:10:15 PM) Vargas: (This feels more like Starship Troopers than nids)
(8:10:36 PM) Captain_Tylor: (No it doesn't, we haven't lost half the party)
(8:10:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: fucking zerg players
(8:10:43 PM) D_M: Serribon, as a boom and fireball goes up in the background, you notice the bugs around you momentarily disorient, and then they all turn on Ibram and begin trying to get at him with a will. Several more try to get past you to Kormak.
(8:10:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: (better?)
(8:10:45 PM) Serribon: (yeah. Much less acid shots and bio-plasma)
(8:10:50 PM) Kormak: (And we don't have NPH as evil science nazi)
(8:11:18 PM) D_M: Cassy is not able to figure it out this round. The swarm attacks the ground team.
(8:11:22 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(8:11:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 17:1+16
(8:11:26 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(8:11:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 34:18+16
(8:11:27 PM) Shana: However.
(8:11:32 PM) Shana: In honor of that reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
(8:11:34 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(8:11:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 25:9+16
(8:11:40 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+16
(8:11:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 31:15+16
(8:11:43 PM) Shana: (This music rules thank you basil poleodouris)
(8:11:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 2d8+18 (to Ibram)
(8:11:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M, (to Ibram): 30:12+18
(8:12:05 PM) D_M: Ibram, how you doin' on HP?
(8:12:21 PM) Shana: <ibram> *thud*
(8:12:30 PM) D_M: Dropped?
(8:12:33 PM) Shana: aye
(8:12:44 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+
(8:12:50 PM) Shana: (next time I won't save kormak :P)
(8:12:53 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:12:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:5+7
(8:12:57 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:12:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14:7+7
(8:13:06 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are attack without much will.
(8:13:16 PM) Kormak: (Hey, you're the tank. :) Death in the line of duty is normal)
(8:13:33 PM) D_M: You get several attack opportunites as bugs try to get by you to Kormak. The big ones are on top of Ibby, rending.
(8:13:59 PM) D_M: Ground team, go.
(8:14:08 PM) Serribon: (do I get extra AoO's from Haste?)
(8:14:14 PM) Vargas: (nay)
(8:14:21 PM) Serribon: (actually - how many do you get normally? Just one/round?)
(8:14:26 PM) Vargas: (yeah)
(8:14:29 PM) D_M: Kormak, no bugs reach you on this round, due to rough terrain.
(8:14:35 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (AoO)
(8:14:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (AoO): 34:20+14
(8:14:42 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:14:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 31:17+14
(8:14:46 PM) Vargas: Does Cass have any extra info?
(8:14:48 PM) D_M: Crit.
(8:14:48 PM) Kormak: OK, so none with attacking distance of me?
(8:14:51 PM) D_M: Not yet. She needs one more.
(8:15:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 6d6+20
(8:15:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 41:21+20
(8:15:19 PM) D_M: Nothing in melee range without moving, K.
(8:15:20 PM) Serribon: (actually, can I make that on the soldier what dropped Ibram?)
(8:15:33 PM) D_M: As you wish, Serribon.
(8:15:41 PM) Serribon: (it seems to be the most in need of killin')
(8:15:44 PM) D_M: I'll permit that as your first attack of your full attack action, which leaves your AoO still out there.
(8:15:52 PM) Serribon: ,rol 1d20+15
(8:16:05 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15 (keep forgetting the haste to-hit)
(8:16:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (keep forgetting the haste to-hit): 19:4+15
(8:16:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:16:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 21:6+15
(8:16:11 PM) D_M: Oh, and that crit totally drops the first soldier, leaving one remaining.
(8:16:20 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:16:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:15+10
(8:16:25 PM) D_M: 22 to hit the remaining soldier.
(8:16:28 PM) Kormak: I'll move up to the soldier that's remaining.
(8:16:29 PM) D_M: 16 AC on the AoO minion.
(8:16:53 PM) Serribon: (that last 25 on the soldier, the other two on minons, that ok?)
(8:17:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:17:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:16+9
(8:17:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:17:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 20:11+9
(8:17:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:17:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 22:13+9
(8:17:24 PM) Vargas: "Damn I can't summon while flying around like this."
(8:17:38 PM) Shana: http://bp2.blogger.com/_-HZLorI1B0w/SIcVOhnXlGI/AAAAAAAADBI/HmQrdezl76Y/s1600-h/Rending+Pony+Apocalypse+Datasheet.jpg Shit, he hit us with rending ponies
(8:17:44 PM) D_M: Heh, ok, Serri.
(8:17:44 PM) ***Serribon goes all cuisinart and drops bugs left and right.
(8:18:01 PM) D_M: No, they aren't actually using Rend. That would just be mean.
(8:18:18 PM) D_M: Kormak, can you finish off the second Soldier?
(8:18:42 PM) Kormak: Can I flurry, or was it a move action?
(8:18:48 PM) D_M: Vargas, you have scaffods you can land on, if you trust 'em. Cassy can spend one of her assessment rolls to find the most trustworthy one...
(8:19:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(8:19:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 31:16+15
(8:19:02 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+15
(8:19:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 35:20+15
(8:19:16 PM) D_M: Kormak, 5' to be in range.
(8:19:22 PM) Serribon: (http://www.theonion.com/articles/ive-got-you-dumb-motherfuckers-eating-right-out-of,19014/)
(8:19:23 PM) D_M: Nevermind, Cassy rolls a drama 20.
(8:19:24 PM) Kormak: I'll take a 5ft step.
(8:19:30 PM) ***Vargas will fly down, and try a scaffold.
(8:19:39 PM) Kormak: And, because I forgot to add in my extra attack for haste this entire time...
(8:19:45 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:19:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 28:18+10
(8:19:45 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:19:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 17:7+10
(8:19:46 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:19:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 25:15+10
(8:19:48 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+5
(8:19:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 16:11+5
(8:19:54 PM) Kormak: Two hit?
(8:19:56 PM) ***Vargas has nothing else to contribute, but fly off if the scaffold collapses.
(8:20:34 PM) D_M: Vargas, you can delay until Cassy makes revelations, and then act.
(8:20:41 PM) D_M: Kormak, 22 to hit.
(8:20:42 PM) Kormak: DM?
(8:20:42 PM) Vargas: (yeah)
(8:20:44 PM) Kormak: OK
(8:20:49 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(8:20:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 14:2+12
(8:20:50 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+12
(8:20:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 16:4+12
(8:20:53 PM) Kormak: 30 damage
(8:20:59 PM) Kormak: 2 ki left.
(8:21:06 PM) D_M: You finish off the second Soldier. Bugs swarm at you. GUPC, Serribon.
(8:21:19 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:21:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 34:20+14
(8:21:24 PM) Serribon: (hah)
(8:21:59 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are the least wounded of the ground team, and you are receiving the least attention.
(8:22:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Ok, this is stupid, but." *She grabs her big damn sword
(8:22:25 PM) Kormak: (Taunt! Taaaaunt!)
(8:22:35 PM) D_M: A DC 10 heal-check, if you could get a chance to make one, would cover up the wounds enough to reduce their drawing-power. Or you can go the opposite route to draw attention to yourself.
(8:22:56 PM) D_M: Cassy, you are still riding piggy back. Your mount will have to move you to your target. He is delaying for you.
(8:23:05 PM) Vargas: "Tell me what to do!"
(8:23:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Go there." *She points
(8:23:20 PM) Serribon: "They scent blood!"
(8:23:45 PM) D_M: Vargas, you have a point. It is RIGHT next to one of the ranged-attack bugs, but within range of a single-move.
(8:23:46 PM) ***Vargas flies!
(8:24:08 PM) ***Vargas will man it up, and club that fucker to death with his cane if he has to.
(8:24:26 PM) D_M: Very well. You crash down right next to a reddish critter with a spiny whip-tail.
(8:24:33 PM) D_M: Cassy, you are there.
(8:24:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Is going to use her big sword to lever the thing down
(8:24:56 PM) D_M: Roll an attack.
(8:25:12 PM) D_M: Vargas, you can roll your cane attack if you like.
(8:25:27 PM) Vargas: (For my action on this turn proper?)
(8:25:29 PM) D_M: The creature seems to be flatfooted. It is surprised by your sudden impact on the ground next to it.
(8:25:34 PM) D_M: Yes, V, you still have a standard.
(8:25:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+5
(8:25:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 19:14+5
(8:25:47 PM) Vargas: (Nah, I used a move last turn, and my standard for this move)
(8:25:49 PM) Serribon: (how many melee bugs do we have?)
(8:25:54 PM) D_M: Hit, Cassy. roll damage.
(8:26:00 PM) Vargas: (I don't get to go again til ground team goes)
(8:26:05 PM) D_M: Serribon, The swarm continues, but right now they are all minions.
(8:26:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d10+3
(8:26:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 9:6+3
(8:27:13 PM) Kormak: (All minions? Good, one HP)
(8:27:26 PM) D_M: It is enough. A small beam cracks in the scaffolding. You hear a creak, and then two more cracks, and the scaffold leans along the wall and begins to collapses against a neighboring scaffold, which is integral to a wooden support piling.
(8:27:43 PM) D_M: (Hah, you wish. AC 16, 25 hp, Kormak. :-) )
(8:27:52 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "GET THE HELL AWAY! TO THE OTHERS!"
(8:28:15 PM) D_M: The bug attacks!
(8:28:18 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+6
(8:28:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 24:18+6
(8:28:24 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4
(8:28:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:4+4
(8:28:30 PM) D_M: 8 damage, Vargas.
(8:28:34 PM) Vargas: "I'm on it."
(8:28:49 PM) D_M: The swarm comes at the ground team. Are you protecting Ibram, ground team?
(8:29:05 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 21:14+7
(8:29:08 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 18:11+7
(8:29:11 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:5+7
(8:29:14 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 22:15+7
(8:29:18 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 9:2+7
(8:29:20 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 8:1+7
(8:29:23 PM) Serribon: Since we reached the wall, we're more or less standing out ground, so I guess so. Relatively.
(8:29:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 25:18+7
(8:29:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:29:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 19:12+7
(8:29:33 PM) Kormak: Yeah.
(8:29:38 PM) Kormak: As much as we can.
(8:29:41 PM) D_M: Kormak, I think you just took one hit.
(8:29:55 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d6+4
(8:29:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 10:6+4
(8:30:00 PM) D_M: For 10 damage, a maximum roll.
(8:30:21 PM) Serribon: Any draw AoO?
(8:30:45 PM) Kormak: And, down.
(8:30:48 PM) D_M: Yes, Serri.
(8:30:50 PM) Kormak: Well, sorta.
(8:30:55 PM) Serribon: ,roll1 d20+15
(8:31:01 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:31:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 24:9+15
(8:31:02 PM) Kormak: I've got Half-Orc Ferocity, I can act this round.
(8:31:04 PM) D_M: A great creak is heard, the sound of grinding stone.
(8:31:09 PM) Kormak: But, I'm at -2HP
(8:31:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:31:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 15:6+9
(8:31:29 PM) D_M: Vargas, you can reach the party with a full move fly action, but you'll risk an AoO as you depart.
(8:31:48 PM) ***Vargas steps 5' back to get away from the bug, and puts his hand on Cassandra's shoulder. "Azakadahm." Dimension Door.
(8:32:02 PM) D_M: Nice. Stand by.
(8:32:07 PM) D_M: Serribon, finish your round.
(8:32:09 PM) Kormak: But, I guess I'll attack something if it's close by.
(8:32:12 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:32:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:3+15
(8:32:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:32:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 30:20+10
(8:32:19 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:32:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:7+10
(8:32:25 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:32:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 32:17+15
(8:32:31 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:32:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:8+9
(8:32:37 PM) Serribon: ,roll 6d6+18
(8:32:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 41:23+18
(8:32:41 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d6+9
(8:32:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:9+9
(8:32:51 PM) D_M: A ceiling beam falls, smashing through several bugs and some scaffolding.
(8:32:59 PM) Vargas: I think Haste ends this turn.
(8:33:02 PM) D_M: Serribon rains down destruction on the swarm, last man standing.
(8:33:09 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+12 (one attack)
(8:33:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (one attack): 23:11+12
(8:33:14 PM) ***Serribon is thoroughly covered in bug goo.
(8:33:18 PM) D_M: Another beam snaps under strain and flings away from a joint, crashing into the ground where Vargas and Cassy were standing a moment earlier, as a crack spreads across the ceiling.
(8:33:19 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d10+8
(8:33:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 16:8+8
(8:33:26 PM) Kormak: And, Kormak falls over, bleeding out.
(8:33:51 PM) D_M: Vargas and Cassandra appear behind Serribon. Cassy, you have your full round of action.
(8:33:57 PM) Serribon: (if no haste, then strike one hit)
(8:34:04 PM) Serribon: (crit would still apply)
(8:34:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *CLW on Ibram
(8:34:10 PM) D_M: You had haste on that one. Now it ends.
(8:34:13 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d8+5
(8:34:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 11:6+5
(8:34:38 PM) Shana: (Ibram was at -5 to start, how many rounds ago was that?)
(8:34:55 PM) Kormak: (Wait, technically I'm down next round, unless someone heals me.)
(8:35:15 PM) D_M: There is a tremendous stone snap. Serribon, you and Vargas are paying attention to see the entire temple structure separate from the far wall slide down, sectioning and settling across the bugs, crushing everything in its path as it descends toward you.
(8:36:02 PM) D_M: Ibram, you awaken to a tremendous roar and a shaking in the ground.
(8:36:09 PM) ***Vargas goes bug eyed. "Oh no..."
(8:36:11 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Huh, waffles?"
(8:36:16 PM) Shana: <ibram> "THAT"S NOT WAFFLES!"
(8:36:22 PM) Serribon: "Time to go!"
(8:36:32 PM) D_M: You don't get the chance, Serri, and there's nowhere to run to anyway.
(8:36:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Ok, maybe I did too good of a job."
(8:37:32 PM) Vargas: "Hold on Cass!"
(8:37:33 PM) Shana: (haha. Apparently we all went to the Reclaimer school of environmental destruction as GMs)
(8:37:37 PM) Serribon: "Well. Been nice knowing you."
(8:37:40 PM) D_M: Serribon, a great cloud of dust washes over you and rushes past you. The structure comes down joint by joint, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. The worst of the dust wave thins away, and you see stonework crash down about fifteen feet in front of you. It's the door. Standing upright amidst the destruction.
(8:37:54 PM) Shana: (If t least one landmark hasn't been explodified, it wasn't a run)
(8:37:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Opened the door!"
(8:38:06 PM) D_M: Things grow quiet. Then the door groans and leans out, and crashes onto the ground at your feet, Serribon.
(8:38:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Heals Kormak
(8:38:16 PM) Serribon: (unlocked, but the floor collapsed before you could open it)
(8:38:17 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d8+5
(8:38:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 7:2+5
(8:38:22 PM) D_M: It turns out the door is just a little less than 15 feet all.
(8:38:46 PM) ***Kormak nods to Cassie, "Thank you. I have a feeling that I would have been in a very bad place, had you not helped me out."
(8:39:04 PM) ***Vargas starts to heal Kormak. "Ibram, heal yourself."
(8:39:11 PM) Serribon: (even with nowhere to move laterally, I could probably acro to kip up atop the door rubble before it fell on me)
(8:39:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Don't mention it. Just, generally, engineering takes minutes to figure out, not seconds."
(8:39:16 PM) Vargas: ,roll 5d8+5 (5 charges)
(8:39:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (5 charges): 29:24+5
(8:39:23 PM) Vargas: 29 hp for Kormak
(8:39:30 PM) D_M: When the dust finally settles, you see a mass of rubble lying before you, and atop it the cracked floor of what used to be the interior of the temple, covered in piles of treasure.
(8:39:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Will then begin looting the temple!
(8:39:48 PM) Vargas: "What's all that glitteri..."
(8:39:49 PM) Shana: ,roll 5d8+5
(8:39:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 19:14+5
(8:39:50 PM) Kormak: (OK, I'm only down 9 now)
(8:39:57 PM) Vargas: "Jackpot!"
(8:40:07 PM) Serribon: "I say..."
(8:40:19 PM) Shana: <ibram> "What the crap?"
(8:40:21 PM) D_M: Oh, and it glitters because high above is a hole in the ceiling, some eighty feet up, to daylight.
(8:40:24 PM) Shana: <ibram> *sighs. No food*
(8:40:26 PM) Vargas: (Cass is doing the Scrooge McDuck swim through a pool fo gold)
(8:40:35 PM) Shana: (haha, ibram, always wants food instead of treasure.)
(8:40:36 PM) D_M: It shines down like a heavenly beam, illuminating piles of gold and jewels and whatnot.
(8:40:51 PM) D_M: Serribon, GUPC.
(8:40:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:40:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 20:6+14
(8:41:02 PM) Serribon: (boo)
(8:41:25 PM) D_M: You look down and notice a small, rabbit-sized insectoid creature furiosly slashing at your armored boot.
(8:41:54 PM) ***Serribon punts.
(8:42:10 PM) D_M: SCREEEEEEeeeeeeeee.... clatter. It lands somewhere amidst the rubble in the background.
(8:42:19 PM) Serribon: (well, technically, I guess it'd be "place-kicks")
(8:42:27 PM) D_M: I was just thinking that exact thing.
(8:42:31 PM) Kormak: "Did I mention that I hate bugs?"
(8:42:36 PM) Shana: <ibram> "No."
(8:42:45 PM) Serribon: "I cannot say I am too fond of these, myself."
(8:42:58 PM) Vargas: "Stupid question, but is everyone okay?"
(8:43:11 PM) Serribon: "I will live."
(8:43:28 PM) Vargas: (Ben, how long are you here?)
(8:43:30 PM) Kormak: "Well, I hate bugs."
(8:43:53 PM) Kormak: "And I'm fairly fine, aside from some lingering damage."
(8:44:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: bout 10 minutes
(8:44:26 PM) ***Vargas blinks. "No! I'm whumping too early!"
(8:44:36 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Bugs suck. Money does not." *Shoveling everything she can into her pack
(8:44:46 PM) Shana: <ibram> "What's wrong boss?"
(8:45:08 PM) ***Vargas leaps at a pile of treasure but he's a few inches short when he goes WHUMP. Miriam appears instead and lands in a pile of coins.
(8:45:15 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(8:45:23 PM) Serribon: "I do not think we can make away with all of this treasure. You should probably assay for the most value-to-weight while we see about getting out of this hole - I can't believe that was the only tunnel the bugs have."
(8:45:58 PM) Serribon: "Oh, hello Miriam."
(8:45:59 PM) You are now known as Miriam
(8:46:08 PM) Miriam: "AH!" *coin-splash*
(8:46:10 PM) Miriam: "What?!"
(8:46:12 PM) ***Miriam sits up.
(8:46:13 PM) Kormak: "How are you, Miriam?"
(8:46:17 PM) Shana: <ibram> *looks around for stuff he actually WANTS*
(8:46:34 PM) Miriam: Ibram fails to make the connection between liquid assets and future acquisitions.
(8:46:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Not sure how much time she has, going for art, then gems, then platinum, then gold
(8:47:07 PM) Miriam: "What's going on? Why... why am I surrounded by treasure?"
(8:47:28 PM) ***Serribon hefts up the smushed remains of one of the giant bugs and shows it to Miri, "We are in the nest of many hundreds, perhaps thousands of these. So we should probably leave soon."
(8:47:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Looting the temple of the evil bug things."
(8:47:34 PM) Kormak: "We killed bugs and got money."
(8:47:48 PM) Miriam: "Well... I see the money!"
(8:48:31 PM) Serribon: (haha. House "Mean Joe" parody. Nice)
(8:49:16 PM) ***Miriam gets up. "So what are we doing? Just bagging as much as we can carry? How long are we here for? And why am I late?"
(8:49:17 PM) Shana: <ibram> "e said we weren't whumping for a few days."
(8:49:39 PM) Miriam: "Days?!" Miriam looks up. "But... do we have enough water and food to stay down here for days?"
(8:49:41 PM) Serribon: "You switched places with Vargas."
(8:49:43 PM) Shana: (They did eventually give that one haversack to Ibby, yes? he asked and I can't remember)
(8:49:46 PM) Shana: <ibram> "I do!"
(8:50:21 PM) Serribon: "There is much rubble and building material, we have ropes - perhaps we can get to the surface."
(8:50:42 PM) Serribon: (I think we have a few haversacks between us now)
(8:51:11 PM) Gerhal: A voice cries out from above. It says something that Ibram might find sorta famiiliar even though he doesn't understand it.
(8:51:23 PM) Gerhal: It sounds a lot like HEY, followed by a question.
(8:51:38 PM) Shana: <ibram> *is it V's roommate?*
(8:51:43 PM) Gerhal: (nay)
(8:51:44 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Hello?"
(8:51:56 PM) Shana: <ibram> *knows dorfish and elfish, btw*
(8:51:57 PM) Miriam: "Aia! Wattendoonendownadare?!"
(8:52:09 PM) Miriam: Whoops, that shoulda been OOC.
(8:52:18 PM) ***Gerhal speaker changes to Common. "Hey! Are you okay down there?"
(8:52:24 PM) Miriam: (Call from above: "Aia! Wattendoonendownadare?!")
(8:52:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Still loading her bags up with lootz
(8:52:55 PM) Miriam: "Are we okay? And who is that? Do we know him?"
(8:53:05 PM) ***Miriam begins vacuuming loot as well.
(8:53:17 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Uh, yeah! You alright up there?"
(8:53:23 PM) ***Kormak doesn't have a haversack, so...yeah.
(8:53:41 PM) Gerhal: "Yea, we're... Wait a minute. Who are you people? How did you get down there?"
(8:54:08 PM) ***Miriam doesn't have one either. Just stuffs as much as she can into her backpack.
(8:54:11 PM) Serribon: "We fell!"
(8:54:23 PM) ***Serribon is gathering, too.
(8:54:49 PM) Miriam: ("Through time and space! Like Gandalf!")
(8:54:56 PM) ***Kormak places things in his backpack, then.
(8:55:23 PM) Miriam: "Ask them if they have any wheelbarrows. And a crane."
(8:55:33 PM) Gerhal: "Hey! Stop that! We've been digging for that stuff for three years!"
(8:55:43 PM) ***Miriam fills her backpack and then tries to stand up. Fails, and settles on her butt. WAY too heavy.
(8:56:11 PM) Miriam: "Well, maybe you shoulda dug faster!"
(8:56:33 PM) Gerhal: He calls to somebody topside. "Fitzgerald! Fitzgerald!" His hat falls off and drops into the hole.
(8:56:42 PM) Kormak: "It's actually good for you that we arrived first. I doubt you would have survived getting to this area."
(8:56:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: gotta go
(8:56:46 PM) ***Miriam watches the hat float down and down and down to the team.
(8:56:50 PM) Gerhal: (Night Ben!)
(8:56:51 PM) Captain_Tylor is now known as Ben-dead
(8:57:05 PM) Gerhal: Cassandra goes WHUMP with all her monies.
(8:57:12 PM) Shana: <ibram> *also stuffs things into his pack*
(8:57:31 PM) Serribon: "There is plenty for all. And we had to deal with the monsters."
(8:57:42 PM) Gerhal: "Hey! You can't just disappear like that. That's precious historical artifacts. What monsters?"
(8:57:59 PM) Shana: <ibram> "The horde of bugs we just squished. The reason we're covered in blood."
(8:58:03 PM) ***Serribon hauls his demo corpse into the sunbeam. "Dozens of these."
(8:58:23 PM) Gerhal: You can't see it, but you can imagine the guy's mouth hanging open.
(8:58:30 PM) Serribon: "There are more below. I would not advise digging through the rubble any further."
(8:58:34 PM) Gerhal: "Just a second."
(8:58:54 PM) Gerhal: The guy disappears for a minute. There is chatter above in some foreign tongue.
(8:59:08 PM) Gerhal: roll linguistics, or int, or wis Ibram.
(8:59:50 PM) Miriam: "Oh, that is /awful/," observes Miriam, beholding the dead critter.
(9:00:11 PM) Shana: ,roll 1d20+2
(9:00:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Shana: 9:7+2
(9:00:15 PM) Shana: <ibram> *derp*
(9:00:49 PM) Gerhal: A rope drops from the top. The guy from earlier starts climbing down like an expert explorer.
(9:01:10 PM) Gerhal: A bunch of new people are at the top now just looking down with digging tools at their shoulders.
(9:01:12 PM) Kormak: (We named the dog Indiana)
(9:01:58 PM) Shana: <ibram> *looks at the fellow, and sheathes his flaming sword*
(9:02:10 PM) Gerhal: The guy is human. Very tanned. He picks up his hat. "Gott, that thing is ugly. You chaps look like an absolute wreck."
(9:02:20 PM) Serribon: "You should see the other guys."
(9:02:29 PM) Gerhal: Up close his accent is more recognizable. He's from Yonkers.
(9:02:34 PM) Kormak: "We've had a bad day."
(9:03:11 PM) Shana: <ibram> "DOn't we just."
(9:03:27 PM) Gerhal: He looks a long hard look at our motley crew. "This is going to be a long story isn't it? Care to discuss it over tea?"
(9:03:30 PM) Miriam: "Yes! It was a hard, hard battle."
(9:03:43 PM) Kormak: *frowns* "You weren't even here."
(9:03:56 PM) ***Miriam shushes Kormak vigorously.
(9:03:56 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Tea would be good!"
(9:04:12 PM) Shana: <ibram> "DO you have those fancy little cakes too, I like those."
(9:04:17 PM) Shana: <servoskull> and thus ibram gets his treasure after all
(9:04:40 PM) Kormak: (Ibram is never allowed to have a ring, sword, or lamp of wishing.)
(9:04:41 PM) Serribon: "Yes. Refreshments would be nice."
(9:04:47 PM) Gerhal: "The cakes are Turqouisian... Bloody Herzlanders."
(9:04:56 PM) Serribon: ("Why do you have a sausage on your nose?")
(9:04:56 PM) Kormak: (Or anything with 'of wishing' at all.)
(9:05:17 PM) Gerhal: "Here, let's get you topside so we can talk like civilized people. We'll clean you up."
(9:05:55 PM) Kormak: ("Because Ibram wasn't specific.")
(9:06:04 PM) Gerhal: They'll haul all of you up if you wish.
(9:06:15 PM) Serribon: (And clean us out, amirite?)
(9:06:20 PM) Shana: <ibram> *Oh well*
(9:06:27 PM) ***Miriam does not object to being raised from the gloomy, gooey depths.
(9:06:38 PM) ***Serribon doesn't much want to spend the next few days in a hole, so consents.
(9:06:46 PM) ***Kormak will let himself be raised up.
(9:07:28 PM) Gerhal: It's like tent city topside.
(9:07:52 PM) Gerhal: Tons of tents, and workers. There is a vast excavation effort going on here.
(9:08:26 PM) Kormak: (Are there any happy, singing miner dwarves?)
(9:08:37 PM) Kormak: (Gold gold gold gold, repeat.)
(9:08:39 PM) Gerhal: "Let me introduce myself. I am Nathan Wells. This is Fitzgerald Cornwall."
(9:08:44 PM) Shana: (That's the chorus!)
(9:08:59 PM) ***Kormak holds out a hand, "Kormak."
(9:09:02 PM) ***Miriam blinks in the light.
(9:09:14 PM) Serribon: "Serribon. Good afternoon to you."
(9:09:14 PM) Gerhal: "And you are?"
(9:09:48 PM) ***Miriam remarks mentally on the strapping-ness of the tanned fellow, Wells.
(9:10:20 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Ibram Corbec."
(9:10:36 PM) Shana: <ibram> *doffs his dragon hat, exposing his bearded, smiling face*
(9:11:06 PM) Gerhal: Some random workers produce a tea for you guys in a large tent.
(9:11:25 PM) Miriam: Are the workers all stereotypical natives?
(9:11:29 PM) Gerhal: "What happened to you guys? How did you even get here?"
(9:11:39 PM) Miriam: "He said. We fell."
(9:11:46 PM) Gerhal: (They are all Yonker's naval personnel.)
(9:11:49 PM) Gerhal: (Uniforms and all)
(9:11:56 PM) Miriam: Oh.
(9:11:58 PM) Kormak: "Sink hole."
(9:12:12 PM) Miriam: Does Wells appear to be military?
(9:12:28 PM) Gerhal: He appears to be more... adventurer.
(9:12:37 PM) Miriam: Freelance contractor. Roger.
(9:12:44 PM) Serribon: "Do you know <out>?"
(9:13:32 PM) ***Miriam uses her advanced Stealth skills to not be caught appraising Wells's grizzled countenance. It's so... grizzled.
(9:13:41 PM) Gerhal: "Admiral Oliver? Who doesn't? Only the greatest hero to sail the seas. The man, the legend!"
(9:13:55 PM) Miriam: "Oh, good. That's a relief.
(9:13:56 PM) Gerhal: "Grew up on his stories."
(9:14:43 PM) ***Gerhal looks puzzled. "Why do you ask?"
(9:15:11 PM) Serribon: (was he admiral when we met him? I wasn't actually involved in that session)
(9:15:17 PM) Gerhal: (He was)
(9:15:19 PM) Miriam: "We have connections."
(9:15:29 PM) Gerhal: (roll sense motive)
(9:15:51 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+8
(9:15:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 17:9+8
(9:16:00 PM) Serribon: "To fully explain ourselves, we'd have to tell you a fairly outlandish story. But he could verify it if this is late enough."
(9:16:00 PM) Kormak: (All of us?)
(9:16:16 PM) Miriam: "It might be too late."
(9:16:28 PM) Gerhal: (all of you)
(9:16:31 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+14 (sense motive)
(9:16:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (sense motive): 33:19+14
(9:16:42 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+4
(9:16:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 15:11+4
(9:17:08 PM) Gerhal: > 20, you get the impression this guy is talking about Oliver like a guy who was famous 30-50-80 years ago.
(9:18:32 PM) Kormak: "Sir, I have a question...how long as the Admiral been...inactive?"
(9:18:43 PM) Gerhal: "Outlandish. Right. Like appearing unannounced at our digsite, and suddenly finding the largest find in 5 years of digging."
(9:19:01 PM) Gerhal: "The Admiral has been dead for 70 years now."
(9:19:37 PM) Kormak: "I thought as such."
(9:19:37 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Oh -great-"
(9:20:01 PM) Gerhal: For what it is worth, the tea is exquisite.
(9:20:10 PM) Shana: <ibram> *IS PLEASED*
(9:20:13 PM) Miriam: "I guess the Powloon thing is all over, then."
(9:21:29 PM) Gerhal: Nathan crosses himself. "Thank Gott. Damn that island. Lost a lot of good heroes there."
(9:22:31 PM) Miriam: "Yes. Even the parts we've seen have been pretty ugly."
(9:22:58 PM) Serribon: "Well, in any event, we are subject to a magical effect that transports us to random locations throughout the world. This time, we appeared in a sealed chamber above the one you found us in."
(9:23:23 PM) Gerhal: Nathan looks at Serribon curiously. "Really?"
(9:23:23 PM) Serribon: "We were in the process of opening the door when the floor collapsed beneath us."
(9:23:44 PM) Gerhal: "You just go poof, and bam. You're in a crypt?"
(9:24:15 PM) Serribon: "Yes, really. Or in the middle of a foreign city, someone's bedroom, at the bottom of a lake."
(9:24:36 PM) Serribon: "According to our wizard, we will be snatched up again in a few days."
(9:25:15 PM) ***Miriam watches Serribon, looking displeased.
(9:25:46 PM) Serribon: "Which, unfortunately, is the only corroboration we can provide you."
(9:26:11 PM) Miriam: "Well, if you want to just tell him the whole story, Serribon, that's not strictly true."
(9:26:12 PM) Serribon: "Well, that and pristine artifacts from other places."
(9:26:31 PM) ***Miriam nods. "And we can tell him how we flooded the fire-worms on Paoloon."
(9:26:38 PM) Gerhal: He drums his fingers on the table. You don't even have to roll to tell that some piece of his brain is screaming bullshit, while another part of his brain is telling him that you don't sound like a liar.
(9:26:53 PM) Serribon: "Ah, yes - the salamanders and the four-armed ape-men."
(9:26:56 PM) Gerhal: "What other kinds of artifacts?"
(9:27:03 PM) Gerhal: That got his attention.
(9:27:28 PM) Miriam: "But I wouldn't have gone into all of that. I can see how it would be hard to swallow." Miriam eyes Wells, watching for signs that he's other than positively moved by these revelations.
(9:27:28 PM) Serribon: "The admiral sent us to put them out of action during the early days of the landing."
(9:28:01 PM) Gerhal: (You guys have coins from all sorts of countries and time periods in your purses.)
(9:28:18 PM) Gerhal: (Not to mention your other gear)
(9:28:39 PM) Serribon: "Oh, nothing all that spectacular. Day-to-day items in antique styles, mostly. Foreign currency of various vintages. "
(9:28:59 PM) Shana: <ibram> "That was a good fight, those apemen."
(9:29:08 PM) Miriam: It's true, and Miriam can present a few if that seems like it would help. But really, a guy dressed like the Caiman and a guy dressed like the Dragon, and they both look legit. It's gotta be the same team from the stories.
(9:29:13 PM) Serribon: "A few written works."
(9:30:02 PM) Gerhal: "Could you guys wait, just a minute? I need to talk to somebody who knows more about Paloon."
(9:30:23 PM) Serribon: "Certainly. We have no where else to be at the moment."
(9:31:44 PM) Gerhal: Nathan will return 20 minutes later with an elf in his company. The elf is obviously an officer of some sort. His jaw drops the instant he sets eyes on you.
(9:31:53 PM) Gerhal: "How is it possible?"
(9:32:01 PM) Serribon: (do we know him?)
(9:32:15 PM) Serribon: (being an elf, he wouldn't have changed much in the interval)
(9:32:29 PM) Miriam: Blue Druid, DM?
(9:32:30 PM) Gerhal: (You wouldn't recognize him)
(9:32:36 PM) Gerhal: (No, not a druid)
(9:32:45 PM) Miriam: Ah, so random elf.
(9:32:50 PM) Serribon: (from the session I wasn't in?)
(9:32:58 PM) Serribon: (or, as he says, random NPC?)
(9:33:03 PM) Gerhal: (Yeah, an elf naval trooper from Yonkers)
(9:33:36 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Hullo there."
(9:33:44 PM) Miriam: "Ah," says Miriam. "An elf. I guess you saw action on the island, then?"
(9:34:03 PM) ***Serribon greets him in antique elven.
(9:34:15 PM) Gerhal: He turns to Nathan, "These were mercenaries under the Admiral and Melandeux during the landing. Not a grain of doubt about it."
(9:34:55 PM) Gerhal: The elf salutes. "Harold Pencastle."
(9:35:07 PM) Serribon: "Good afternoon, Sar Pencastle."
(9:35:29 PM) Gerhal: Nathan asks, "Two of them are human. That was 100 years ago."
(9:35:52 PM) Gerhal: Harold says, "I don't know what to say. But that's them. You can't miss the armor."
(9:36:42 PM) Miriam: "So it's settled. There you are, and here we are."
(9:38:07 PM) Serribon: "Speaking of - where are we?"
(9:38:23 PM) Miriam: "And will you help us recover what we have fought for?"
(9:38:26 PM) Gerhal: Nathan asks Harold, "Are you sure your memories weren't muddled by the... you know..." Harold looks like he is about to knock his teeth out at the implication. "No, sir. My memories have not been addled."
(9:39:01 PM) Gerhal: (Ancient, where are we geographically?)
(9:39:20 PM) Gerhal: "You are dismissed then, Pencastle. I apologize."
(9:40:22 PM) Gerhal: Nathan sighs, and then scratches his tussled hair. "Well, yeah. We'll help you dig out the treasure."
(9:40:56 PM) Gerhal: "It is technically yours. But, would you grant us permission to inspect the treasure for historical analysis?"
(9:41:08 PM) Gerhal: "Or we could perhaps buy from of it from you?"
(9:41:27 PM) Serribon: "Both would be acceptable."
(9:41:38 PM) Miriam: "I see no problem with sharing it, though I did not almost die to obtain it." Miriam looks to the others. "We have no use for it in terms of its historical value. We have our operations to fund, and that is all."
(9:42:20 PM) Shana: <ibram> "What she said yeah."
(9:42:51 PM) Gerhal: "We are just south of the ancient ruins of Ako."
(9:42:59 PM) Gerhal: "Far east from Yonkers."
(9:43:09 PM) Gerhal: The climate here on the surface is fairly tropical.
(9:43:12 PM) Miriam: "Though I imagine Vargas would appreciate a few articles to return to his homeland. Are you on good terms with Herzland, politically?"
(9:44:15 PM) Serribon: "I am not sure where Ako is. Do you know of Andropolis?"
(9:45:03 PM) Gerhal: He shrugs. "Fair enough with the Herzlanders."
(9:45:26 PM) Gerhal: "Ako used to be called Acer once upon a time."
(9:45:46 PM) Gerhal: "Yeah, I couldn't call myself a historian if I didn't know about Andropolis."
(9:45:52 PM) Miriam: "I've heard of Acer. It's east of Andropolis, Serri. It's the Empire's greatest sea port."
(9:46:11 PM) Serribon: "Yes, I recall hearing of it."
(9:46:17 PM) Gerhal: "Yeah. Survived the End of the Empire too."
(9:46:28 PM) Serribon: "I see."
(9:46:52 PM) Gerhal: There are map scrolls on to the side of the tent.
(9:47:21 PM) Kormak: (http://i.imgur.com/a0XmF.png)
(9:47:31 PM) Kormak: (A commentary on the Black Eyed Peas halftime show)
(9:47:33 PM) ***Miriam looks to Wells. "If you find any artifacts with which you can bear to part, which are reasonably portable, we will take them for our friend, who is a servant of the King of Herzland. It will amount to an act of diplomatic charity on the part of your nation."
(9:48:13 PM) Miriam: "The rest... we only wish to be compensated for."
(9:48:21 PM) Serribon: (hah. Citation not required)
(9:48:55 PM) Gerhal: Nathan hmmms.
(9:49:14 PM) Gerhal: "Well, let's get the treasure up topside, and we'll divy everything out."
(9:49:25 PM) Serribon: "Very well."
(9:49:54 PM) Gerhal: "Who is the fellow connected to Herzland? There two of them right? I recognized Ibram's accent."
(9:50:16 PM) Serribon: "Our wizard, Vargas."
(9:50:18 PM) ***Miriam will acquire a fan and parasol and stand by, looking beautiful, while the men do the heavy lifting.
(9:50:27 PM) Serribon: "He works for their king."
(9:51:17 PM) ***Serribon examines the maps on the tent wall for signs of the forest he's currently investigating.
(9:51:29 PM) Gerhal: It's a whole new world, Serribon.
(9:51:34 PM) Gerhal: In a number of senses.
(9:51:45 PM) Gerhal: For one, you've never seen a map like this before.
(9:52:22 PM) Gerhal: It covers the world of the Empire farther and clearer than any you've ever seen.
(9:52:43 PM) Serribon: Is our current location marked?
(9:52:51 PM) Gerhal: There are many nations and places whose names you have never heard of.
(9:52:53 PM) Miriam: We've NEVER seen a map like this? No one's EVER, maybe, shown off something like this to us before?
(9:53:27 PM) Shana: <ibram> "And I work for Vargas, who keeps me in beer and pretzels."
(9:53:28 PM) Gerhal: It's not a map like Vargas'. But it is a Yonkers map. And the Yonkers have the most powerful navy in history.
(9:53:34 PM) Miriam: Ah, roger.
(9:54:47 PM) Gerhal: Nathan will point out where you are.
(9:54:56 PM) Miriam: All right, so we bring up the treasure?
(9:55:14 PM) Gerhal: Herzlanders aren't as interested in global scale maps like Yonkers is. Except for people like Vargas.
(9:55:24 PM) Gerhal: Yup, treasure comes up.
(9:55:27 PM) Serribon: "I don't think your map is right. I can't see them anywhere else, so those must be the Grey Sisters. But they aren't coastal mountains."
(9:55:38 PM) Kormak: That's because every wizard, even the least of them, have some ideas of world domination.
(9:55:47 PM) Kormak: It comes with levels in the class.
(9:56:03 PM) Serribon: "And the Queen's Lake isn't a bay."
(9:56:51 PM) Miriam: (Kormak is making a Pratchett joke, G. Just so you know.)
(9:56:55 PM) Gerhal: "Really?"
(9:57:01 PM) Gerhal: (I didn't know)
(9:57:38 PM) Kormak: (Actually, I just just making a general comment.)
(9:57:43 PM) Serribon: "It should not be. The Sisters extended up the entire western shore."
(9:57:44 PM) Kormak: (From my experience with wizards.)
(9:57:45 PM) Miriam: "Things change. Can we get on with the important stuff? We won't be here forever."
(9:58:05 PM) Miriam: (Ah, I thought you were following up on the earlier Pratchett references. :-) )
(9:58:07 PM) Gerhal: (You guys can talk about money in party now)
(9:58:41 PM) Shana: <ibram> *looks bored and just wants his share* (Player needs shower)
(9:59:02 PM) Gerhal: For what it's worth, a Vargas map would make a Yonker explorer or naval officer cream their pants.
(9:59:11 PM) Miriam: Heh.
(9:59:24 PM) ***Serribon is, alas, a bit obsessive.
(9:59:26 PM) Miriam: So what exactly goes down? They bring up the treasure, and pay us fair price for half of it?
(9:59:49 PM) Gerhal: Essentially.
(10:00:02 PM) Gerhal: Unless you want to do something different.
(10:00:13 PM) Miriam: Not I.
(10:00:18 PM) Serribon: That works for me. The only things we'd want to keep are magical loots.
(10:00:26 PM) Serribon: And then only stuff we can use.
(10:00:29 PM) Gerhal: This is Ibram and Vargas' time. You could also ask them to ship some stuff to Herzland like you suggested.
(10:00:52 PM) Miriam: So after we work all of that out, between the stuff we ship and the stuff we pawn, what's the total take for the team?
(10:01:46 PM) Gerhal: 50k
(10:02:11 PM) Gerhal: Don't forget to put money aside for the death pool.
(10:02:29 PM) Miriam: Vargas is in charge of that. How much is needed for the pool?
(10:03:14 PM) Gerhal: 8010 for RD and 2 restos.
(10:03:19 PM) Gerhal: Pool is currently...
(10:03:33 PM) Gerhal: 3815
(10:03:39 PM) Miriam: If the others have no objections, I motion we top off the pool and then split the rest.
(10:03:46 PM) Kormak: Works for me.
(10:03:55 PM) Serribon: I concur.
(10:04:25 PM) Gerhal: 4195 for the pool
(10:04:45 PM) Miriam: Leaving what per person?
(10:05:05 PM) Miriam: 45805
(10:05:21 PM) Miriam: Divided six ways...
(10:05:37 PM) Kormak: 7634.17
(10:05:41 PM) Miriam: It'll be about 7630 each, in the rewards email. Yeah.
(10:05:50 PM) Gerhal: 7634.17
(10:06:41 PM) Serribon: What's the offset for +2 enchants?
(10:07:02 PM) Gerhal: weapons or armor?
(10:07:07 PM) Serribon: both
(10:07:15 PM) Miriam: Offset?
(10:07:27 PM) Serribon: costs for bumping up from +1
(10:07:39 PM) Serribon: with on-staff crafter
(10:07:45 PM) Miriam: Ah, haha.
(10:07:46 PM) Gerhal: 3k to upgrade weapon with V.
(10:08:15 PM) Gerhal: 1.5k for armor upgrade from 1 to 2.
(10:08:37 PM) Kormak: Reminds me that I need to change my Amulet of Mighty Fists.
(10:12:14 PM) Gerhal: Vargas is going to be stopping in Dannerholm for a little while.
(10:12:21 PM) Gerhal: If you've got requests, now is a good time.
(10:12:28 PM) Gerhal: AFter that, V is going to be in the wild.
(10:12:41 PM) Shana: what was the XP?
(10:12:42 PM) Serribon: I have some, but I need to work out what, exactly
(10:12:58 PM) Miriam: Dunno the XP yet. I'll have to calculate.
(10:13:45 PM) Miriam: Miriam's first purchase will be Wyvern antitoxin from Cassy. She gonna need it. :-P
(10:19:36 PM) Shana: heh
(10:21:14 PM) ***Serribon is gonna be sending Ibram back with his money, halberd, bow, cloak of resistance +1, and a letter. He wants a +2 (3k), +1 (1k, I think), and a +2 (2k). There's more in the letter, but I'm not sure what, exactly I want. Since I'm in the middle of nowhere and have my own cash reserves back in Andropolis, Vargas can keep the rest in trust for future upgrades/items.
(10:22:29 PM) Shana: <ibram> *buys magic beans instead*
(10:22:50 PM) Gerhal: Vargas will buy Ibram's "magic beans" and keep the money someplace safe.
(10:23:29 PM) Gerhal: I think we should put some money into some more healing potions too.
(10:23:52 PM) Miriam: Call it 1600 XP, folks.
(10:25:15 PM) Miriam: Vargas can craft Wondrous Items, right?
(10:26:21 PM) Serribon: He made the gloves of healing and whatnot
(10:26:32 PM) Miriam: True.
(10:26:48 PM) Gerhal: V can do armor, arms, and wonderous
(10:27:44 PM) Miriam: All right. I'm puting 3k toward a Wyvern Epi-Pen, and the rest I'll keep saving toward my next purchase. I'm still 2600 short, even with V crafting at cost.
(10:28:09 PM) Serribon: He would also suggest researching items that can replicate Vargas's more destructive spells so the gang isn't always stuck on the occasions where the wizard is awol. Necklace of fireballs immediately springs to mind.
(10:28:14 PM) Kormak: I'm still looking at what I might want to get crafted.
(10:29:31 PM) Miriam: Most of your items are Wondrous anyway, K. On your wishlist, I mean.
(10:29:45 PM) Kormak: yeah.
(10:31:17 PM) Shana: <ibram> *buys more magic beans*
(10:36:01 PM) Gerhal: Only thing bad about necklace of fireballs is how it can blow up on you
(10:36:02 PM) Kormak: Ibram should not have money.
(10:36:15 PM) Gerhal: But we have several people who can use scrolls or staves.
(10:37:11 PM) Miriam: Ibram talks a big game, but in the background, he saves up for ever bigger magic arms and armor.
(10:37:27 PM) ***Miriam can always replicate anything that fits in a wand or staff.
(10:39:08 PM) Shana: Actually I just forget he has money
(10:39:25 PM) Miriam: Don't say that, Bill, it makes the rest of us angry as we scrape pennies.
(10:39:40 PM) Shana: YOU BUY STUFF
(10:39:42 PM) Shana: Ibram sits on his cash
(10:39:48 PM) Shana: And spends it on his famiy
(10:40:16 PM) Shana: He's got 4 magic items, and 1 cursed item
(10:40:29 PM) Shana: Sword, shield, armor, and a belt of +1 vs ingested poison only
(10:40:44 PM) Shana: 6 if we cound the fact he's got dupe shield and sword atm.
(10:40:56 PM) Miriam: Sword, shield, and armor. That about covers Ibram's bases.
(10:41:17 PM) Shana: Yeah. I'm actually thinking about keeping backups for him
(10:41:27 PM) Shana: Since he's liable to get them confiscated or broken
(10:41:41 PM) Miriam: Any good melee hero should have several backups.
(10:44:28 PM) Gerhal: I'm thinking of a staff of Fireball and Dispel Magic.
(10:44:57 PM) Serribon: That would be pretty uber. and with her efficient quiver, she could carry it around with no trouble
(10:45:58 PM) Kormak: Nice thing about being a Monk, in that sense.
(10:46:21 PM) ***Miriam would be entirely willing to be the caretaker of this staff. On behalf of the party.
(10:48:45 PM) Gerhal: I can see it now.
(10:48:58 PM) Gerhal: Vargas, "Miriam. Why are there no charges left in this staff?"
(10:51:51 PM) ***Miriam 's response is not fit for polite ears.
(10:52:08 PM) Shana: <ibram> "Haha, she emptied vargas' staff."
(10:52:14 PM) Shana: <ibram> *so dirty*
(11:05:15 PM) Gerhal: No. It's more along the lines that she blew her load prematurely.

06FEB11

Clockwork Ancient