06MAY12

Conversation with #beyondshadowrun at Sun 06 May 2012 06:59:52 PM EDT on Rivet_@irc.esper.net (irc)
(06:59:55 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(06:59:58 PM) Gerhal: Welcome Rivet.
(07:00:03 PM) Rivet_: Evening
(07:00:18 PM) ***Harmonia cuddled up with Petite for the evening until it was time to get up and meditate
(07:01:03 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(07:01:39 PM) Miriam: Acadia cuddles with Petite for warmth. Wait, no...
(07:01:39 PM) ***Serribon caught his 20 winks sometime during midwatch and spent the rest of the night roaming up and down the wall.
(07:03:09 PM) Harmonia is now known as Acadia
(07:04:02 PM) Marauder_shields [~ThunderHa@c-68-63-91-80.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] entered the room.
(07:04:10 PM) Marauder_shields: sorry about that, ben's fiancee is over and we're having a party
(07:04:17 PM) Gerhal: nodnod
(07:04:25 PM) Gerhal: Please give Ben my congratulations.
(07:04:25 PM) Marauder_shields: I tried to log in earlier but my computer was committing an act of fuckery
(07:04:27 PM) Marauder_shields: sure
(07:05:39 PM) Serribon: (Hey, yeah, congrats to Ben)
(07:06:47 PM) Gerhal: Don costumes everybody.
(07:07:04 PM) Gerhal: I've got a lot of content for you slackers to hack and slash.
(07:07:21 PM) Miriam: You're good, Bill. Welcome to the real partyy.
(07:08:46 PM) Gerhal: The night has passed without event. An unseen servant is preparing a basic breakfast while Vargas is checking all the bags. "Alright, no mounts prepared this morning. We're committed to checking out this temple for today."
(07:09:44 PM) Serribon: "If you say so. But it's built to the scale of everything else, they might have come in handy."
(07:09:56 PM) Serribon: *if it's
(07:10:27 PM) Gerhal: Vargas shrugs. "It's not like we're exploring a giant flying pyramid in the middle of the ocean right?"
(07:10:33 PM) Gerhal: (har har har)
(07:11:04 PM) Miriam: Somewhere, the fabric of the Multiverse strains uncomfortably. :-)
(07:11:56 PM) ***Acadia doesn't get it.
(07:11:57 PM) ***Miriam enters, trying to brush the knots out of her hair. "In my experience, no matter how big the dungeon, the ways in are always cramped as hell, anyway.
(07:12:05 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d41
(07:12:15 PM) Gerhal: "Any tactical recommendations before we head in? It's a ways down the road, so we can walk and talk on the way."
(07:12:17 PM) Emprah: Miriam: 36
(07:12:32 PM) Serribon: "Not having seen it, I wouldn't know where to begin."
(07:12:45 PM) Gerhal: (Sorry, Har. Old campaign reference from Free Enterprise. Inside joke)
(07:12:56 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> fuck you, lich
(07:13:26 PM) Serribon: "Suppose we start with our usual infiltration techniques and adjust as necessary."
(07:13:45 PM) ***Gerhal asks Acadia, "Are you any good at sneaking around indoors?"
(07:13:54 PM) Acadia: (Oh no problem)
(07:13:58 PM) Gerhal is now known as Vargas
(07:14:14 PM) nacht [Mibbit@ip98-168-148-192.ok.ok.cox.net] entered the room.
(07:14:16 PM) Acadia: "I can sneak okay."
(07:14:34 PM) Miriam: "Wait wait wait. First off, there's the temple Acadia found, and then there's the pyramid. And we don't know what either of them were for, unless someone isn't telling me something. So just to be clear, why are we exploring them at all?"
(07:14:55 PM) Serribon: "Which reminds me - is there any way to make it so I can adjust the light levels of my glowstone? I don't need nearly as much light as the rest of you, and a lower output would let me use it in the dark without giving myself away as badly."
(07:15:40 PM) Miriam: Today's hair color is neon pink, by the way. You can all see it striping into existence with each stroke of her brush.
(07:16:04 PM) Vargas: "To Miriam's question, we're checking out the temple just to see if we can find out what happened here. Plus, there might be something interesting inside. Lost knowledge, treasure, or even survivors."
(07:16:17 PM) Miriam: "Rub it in, why don't you, Serribon? Just wrap it in some canvas."
(07:16:46 PM) ***Vargas nods at Miriam's answer. "That would work."
(07:16:47 PM) Serribon: "The whole point of coming out here was to see what we can find. We found something, so we're going to go see."
(07:17:51 PM) ***Miriam nods to Vargas. "All right, well, just so long as we're clear on that. There doesn't seem to be anyone about, so I don't suppose anyone will miss what we take. I will go ahead, I guess, since if there IS anything good, it's probably guarded by heinous traps and savage monsters.
(07:17:53 PM) Miriam: "
(07:18:16 PM) Serribon: "That's the spirit!"
(07:18:24 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "I like the idea of savage monsters."
(07:19:36 PM) ***Vargas looks at Ibram, and then to Brrk. He says to Ibram, "Brrk should probably stay outside. The cabin still has most of the day left. If there are hazards, I don't know if we'll be able to protect her."
(07:19:40 PM) Miriam: Serribon, after some brief experimentation with available materials, you are able to wrap your stone so that it produces light as a diffuse candle. 30' of candlelight, and beyond that 30' additional radius of dim light (20% miss unless you have low light vision or better).
(07:20:23 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Dragon king wants you to stay outside, Brrk>"
(07:20:24 PM) Serribon: (neat. Too bad nobody's invented shuttered lanterns)
(07:20:28 PM) Vargas: For Acadia, Serribon is playing with a stone that burns with a white flame that casts no heat.
(07:21:04 PM) Serribon: (or thought to bring a bushel basket)
(07:21:17 PM) Miriam: You'll notice that all four main party members seem to possess such stones, Acadia.
(07:21:22 PM) Miriam: They're clearly magicale.
(07:21:32 PM) Vargas: Brrk understands enough Common that she only needs a translation for complex concepts. She isn't happy, but she will obey your command.
(07:21:39 PM) nacht: (You do have a blacksmith.)
(07:21:40 PM) ***Acadia watches interestedly.
(07:23:02 PM) ***Acadia asks Ibram about the stones. "What are those?"
(07:23:15 PM) Serribon: "Coldfire. Vargas makes them."
(07:23:28 PM) Vargas: The party continues moving toward the temple as they talk, leaving Brrk at the cabin in safety.
(07:24:02 PM) Acadia: "He makes them?"
(07:24:28 PM) Miriam: "Yeah, that's his specialty. Making nonsense, literally."
(07:24:56 PM) Vargas: The mists is omni-present as always, but it feels good to have a solid landmark acting as a guide. It's a road, and it most definately leads to somewhere.
(07:25:24 PM) ***Vargas chuckles at the notion.
(07:25:35 PM) ***Miriam looks up at the towering statues flanking the road as she proceeds. All of this not being able to see very far is a little unnerving.
(07:25:49 PM) ***Serribon nods agreeably, "He's magicked up a lot of our armor and weapons."
(07:26:09 PM) Miriam: "And my hairbrush."
(07:27:00 PM) ***Miriam draws a couple of wands and keeps them handy as the team nears the temple.
(07:27:37 PM) ***Acadia considers how powerful these strange new people must be. She looks at Petite and the two have a mental exchange about it, unbeknownst to the others.
(07:27:51 PM) Acadia: (I imagine)
(07:27:57 PM) Vargas: The group finally comes to a great stone gate. The way is unbarred, but you can feel the stone serpent heads watching over the threshold as you cross.
(07:28:22 PM) Miriam: Petite is skeptical. If they were so powerful, the meat to bread ratio would be higher.
(07:28:40 PM) Vargas: "Sort of a shame we can't actually see the whole building from out here."
(07:28:59 PM) Serribon: "Maybe if we figure out what's going on, we can get rid of the mist."
(07:29:10 PM) Serribon: "Or come back some other time when it's not here."
(07:29:14 PM) ***Acadia smirks. Alligators.
(07:29:28 PM) Miriam: "Yeah. I kind of wish we could blow some of this mist away, even for a moment, so we could get our bearings."
(07:29:37 PM) Vargas: Once you cross the mist filled courtyard you come to great portal blocked by an iron portcullis. It is a 20 wide, 20 tall archway.
(07:30:56 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *eats sausage at this point, apropros of nothing*
(07:31:13 PM) Vargas: The iron is clean. Like the earth here, it seems to shirk the water in the air. It is unpainted, but still fails to corrode.
(07:31:40 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (perc)
(07:31:41 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (perc): 37:19+18
(07:31:46 PM) Serribon: Any way over or around it?
(07:32:29 PM) Vargas: Serribon can see what looks a alcove for gatesmen to raise and lower the iron just inside.
(07:33:02 PM) Vargas: Ordinarily such things are better hidden, but this portcullis was built for show and utility. It was not built for sieges.
(07:33:30 PM) Serribon: How big is the gridwork?
(07:33:31 PM) ***Miriam looks to see if she can squeeze through.
(07:33:36 PM) Vargas: The iron bars are carefulled decorated with hundreds upon hundreds of scales.
(07:33:49 PM) Vargas: Roll acro to squeeze through.
(07:33:54 PM) Vargas: Bonus if you are small.
(07:34:15 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *draws his adamantine sword* "I can open that."
(07:34:44 PM) ***Vargas draws a magical rod, and casts Mage Armor upon himself. He stuffs it back in his belt before casting Darkvision.
(07:34:51 PM) Serribon: "Not so hasty. There's no reason to break it if we don't have to."
(07:35:06 PM) Acadia: "I can get in there."
(07:35:20 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "All right."
(07:35:22 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *sulks*
(07:35:58 PM) Vargas: Everybody who didn't roll perception earlier, please roll.
(07:36:09 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+1
(07:36:09 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 2:1+1
(07:36:12 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:36:12 PM) Marauder_shields: heh
(07:36:13 PM) Emprah: Miriam: 34:20+14
(07:36:17 PM) Miriam: Perc.
(07:36:28 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:36:29 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 21:7+14
(07:36:30 PM) Serribon: "There are controls just inside, over there." *points*
(07:36:33 PM) ***Miriam looks down at Acadia. "Huh. I bet you can. But be careful."
(07:37:01 PM) Marauder_shields: http://imgur.com/6niyi
(07:37:48 PM) Vargas: Right as Miriam touches the portcullis, she feels that it is very light. Well, not so much light as it is very well balanced with a counter weight. There is a trap tied to the gate that goes off it is jarred, or brushed, or leaned on without being disarmed.
(07:37:49 PM) Serribon: (they forgot the "psychopath" button)
(07:38:15 PM) Miriam: "WHOA, hold it."
(07:38:47 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14 Disable or Bypass as appropriate.
(07:38:48 PM) Emprah: Miriam, Disable or Bypass as appropriate.: 29:15+14
(07:39:33 PM) Vargas: Miriam tweaks the bars to just the right rythym, and the alarm magic becomes disengaged.
(07:40:55 PM) ***Miriam cocks an eyebrow. "Hum. Old magic. All right, squeeze through if you can."
(07:42:13 PM) Vargas: (Does Acadia proceed?)
(07:42:23 PM) Acadia: (Yes)
(07:42:48 PM) Acadia: (acro check, right?)
(07:42:54 PM) Miriam: yup.
(07:43:13 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20
(07:43:13 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 10
(07:43:23 PM) Acadia: (plus being small)
(07:44:23 PM) Vargas: Acadia squeezes through the iron, and the whole team sees the metal sway with her passing as she squeezes through. On the other side you see a little room to the right, and a big fuzzy mass resting on the wall.
(07:44:29 PM) Vargas: Roll perception, Acadia.
(07:44:41 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d0+14
(07:44:41 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 15:1+14
(07:44:44 PM) Acadia: aww
(07:44:48 PM) Miriam: Heh.
(07:44:54 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "How do I get through?"
(07:45:00 PM) Vargas: Gimme a knowledge nature too.
(07:45:07 PM) Vargas: "She's going to open it for us."
(07:45:09 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *has been nourished on all things fried, smoked, or stewed.*
(07:45:50 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(07:45:50 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 27:16+11
(07:46:21 PM) Vargas: Acadia, you are certain that the door opening thing is in there, but you don't see it. But you are pretty sure you know what that mass is. It is a colony of trebleetles.
(07:46:48 PM) Vargas: Trebleetles are a fuzzy variety of parasitic beetles.
(07:47:11 PM) Vargas: The scent of blood, any blood, with drive them into a frenzy.
(07:47:17 PM) Vargas: (err, will)
(07:48:12 PM) Acadia: Ah. Good. Acadia turns to the others, "I can't find the thingy. Also, there are bad beetles in here."
(07:48:32 PM) Miriam: "What do you mean, bad beetles? Hold on, I'm coming through."
(07:48:40 PM) ***Miriam will attempt to squeeze through.
(07:48:49 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+19 Acro
(07:48:49 PM) Emprah: Miriam, Acro: 21:2+19
(07:49:03 PM) ***Vargas will turn to the side and not look while Miriam squeezes through.
(07:49:05 PM) Miriam: Thank goodness for skill mods.
(07:49:24 PM) Vargas: Miriam makes it in, but not without some leg flailing and hip wiggling.
(07:49:47 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Bad beetles? We can just..." *gets distracted by leering*
(07:49:59 PM) Vargas: Roll perception
(07:50:08 PM) ***Miriam gets momentarily stuck, but remembers to keep her knees together as she works her shoulders and then her hips through the gap. She kinda flops onto the floor, and then stands up and brushes herself off. "Well! I know I'm not gaining weight, so..."
(07:50:34 PM) ***Miriam glares at the grate and then moves over to Acadia.
(07:50:39 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:50:40 PM) Emprah: Miriam: 32:18+14
(07:50:42 PM) ***Acadia points to the mass. "Those things. They attack if you bleed."
(07:50:42 PM) Miriam: perc
(07:50:59 PM) Vargas: The mechanism for the gate is underneath the mass of trebleetles.
(07:51:13 PM) Miriam: "All right, well, keep an eye on them. Do you have a weapon? Or some kind of magic you can use on them, if they attack?"
(07:51:22 PM) ***Acadia nods.
(07:51:39 PM) Acadia: "But there might be more."
(07:52:16 PM) Miriam: "All right. Uh, lads," Miriam says over her shoulder, "Looks like there are some beetles colonizing the controls. I can try to get at it, if you like."
(07:52:31 PM) Vargas: "Is it worth it, or should I just step the others through?"
(07:52:57 PM) Serribon: "Or we can use the axe and Ibram's sword and hack through.
(07:53:19 PM) Acadia: "I wouldn't touch the beetles"
(07:53:25 PM) Miriam: "Let me get a closer look. Acadia, what will they do if we just chop through the gate?"
(07:53:29 PM) Serribon: "And with my pick, we can each take a shot at it."
(07:53:53 PM) Serribon: "What type of bugs are they?"
(07:54:04 PM) ***Miriam moves into the room with the beetles quietly and gets a look around. She tosses a pebble on the floor near the colony to see if they react to tremors.
(07:54:20 PM) Acadia: "They eat blood. Don't think they'll care if you wreck the gate."
(07:55:00 PM) Vargas: (beetles. Vermin. They will either run and hide, or attack nearby sources of heat if there is a huge disturbance to the colony)
(07:55:37 PM) Vargas: A fistful of the beetles drop off the colony, and scitter across the floor to check on the pebble.
(07:56:01 PM) Acadia: "Well.... they might."
(07:56:49 PM) Miriam: "Oh boy. Uh, yeah, lads, we're going to need to scare these away. Acadia, if you've got a trick for this, go ahead and try it."
(07:57:23 PM) Acadia: "I can light them on fire."
(07:57:24 PM) ***Miriam retreats into view of the others. "These things are aggressive. They'll come scuttling to a disturbance. Sooner or later we're going to have to give them something to think about."
(07:58:41 PM) Vargas: "Why don't I just step the guys through, and we'll keep an eye out for more beetles. Save fire for real threats."
(07:59:23 PM) ***Miriam purses her lips. "All right. Come on in, then."
(07:59:37 PM) Serribon: "We should probably deal with them now, in case we have to retreat."
(07:59:58 PM) Miriam: "I'm just afraid this place will be full of them, even if we kill this lot."
(08:00:36 PM) Miriam: "Come on through, and let's just be ready to step out if we do get overwhelmed. They're just bugs, though."
(08:00:41 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "All right."
(08:01:04 PM) Vargas: "We'll see when we get deeper." He places one hand on Ibram's shoulder, and another on Serribons. An instance later they just blink out of existence and appear on the other side of the iron, right next to Miriam.
(08:01:18 PM) ***Acadia blinks.
(08:01:43 PM) ***Vargas looks to Miriam and Serribon. "Lead the way."
(08:01:52 PM) ***Miriam directs all eyes to the mass of beetles. "Let sleeping dogs lie, for now."
(08:02:25 PM) ***Serribon proceeds.
(08:03:21 PM) Vargas: (Is Petite in big alligator form, or in your pocket Acadia?)
(08:03:40 PM) Vargas: (How does shrinking Petite work?)
(08:03:46 PM) ***Miriam puts a hand on Acadia's shoulder and holds her back as the others move by. She and Acadia will keep an eye on the bugs until the team gets by.
(08:04:06 PM) Miriam: (Baleful Polymorph, G. Dismissable.)
(08:04:31 PM) Vargas: The beetles remain as they are as the group walks by.
(08:04:51 PM) Acadia: (Acadia made Petite big when it was apparent they were going to hang around for a while)
(08:05:06 PM) Serribon: Does the mist extend inside or can we see, other than the dark?
(08:05:35 PM) Vargas: Oh, yes. The mist extends even into the temple. You cannot see more than 20 or 30 feet down the corridor.
(08:06:06 PM) Vargas: The ceiling here is quite high. It is 20' tall, but the passage narrows to 10'.
(08:06:36 PM) Vargas: The floor slopes downwards at 10 degrees, so you are heading underground ever so slowly.
(08:06:37 PM) ***Miriam lets Acadia go as the last of the others move into the corridor.
(08:07:26 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (perc)
(08:07:27 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (perc): 24:6+18
(08:07:33 PM) Serribon: Stealth mod is the same
(08:08:11 PM) ***Miriam is stealthing at +14 today.
(08:09:10 PM) Vargas: Miriam and Serribon advance in front of the team. 30' is about as far as you can scout in the mist. The hallway is lined with murals going from ceiling to floor along the walls. Thousands of old symbols and pictographs.
(08:09:26 PM) Serribon: Anything we've seen before?
(08:10:02 PM) Vargas: Mostly gibberish as far as you can tell. You do not recognize this tongue.
(08:10:42 PM) Miriam: "Doesn't anyone have any magic that can read this stuff?"
(08:10:48 PM) Vargas: You see doorways on the right, and left. They are normal sized doors, only 8' tall. But they appear to be blocked by an extremely fine spider web.
(08:11:27 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15 (nature)
(08:11:28 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (nature): 24:9+15
(08:11:38 PM) ***Miriam examines the spiderweb for trappish stuff.
(08:11:41 PM) Vargas: "I do, but not prepared. But I seem to recall giving a scroll of comprehension when I left you with the pirates. Do you still have it?"
(08:11:51 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14+2 (vs traps and undead)
(08:11:52 PM) Emprah: Miriam, (vs traps and undead): 32:16+14+2
(08:12:18 PM) ***Miriam digs into her pouch for that scroll...
(08:12:23 PM) Vargas: The webs here are wet. Moisture traps for little chitinous things to harvest water for.
(08:12:31 PM) ***Miriam continues to dig. There's a lot of crap in here.
(08:12:41 PM) ***Miriam continues to dig. What the hell is all of this?
(08:12:43 PM) Vargas: "You really need a magic haversack."
(08:13:19 PM) ***Miriam pulls out a--oh, no, this is just her trusty flint and steel. **** that.
(08:13:22 PM) Vargas: "Or maybe a magic utility belt."
(08:13:40 PM) Acadia: (all the best superheros have utility belts)
(08:13:40 PM) ***Miriam finds a scroll! Zelda chest-looting ditty!
(08:13:43 PM) ***Vargas scratches his chin at that thought.
(08:13:52 PM) Vargas: "Ah, yes, that's the one."
(08:14:11 PM) Vargas: The webs do not appear to be trapped.
(08:14:35 PM) nacht: (which is why Batman beats Superman)
(08:14:41 PM) ***Vargas reads the scroll, and once he speaks the magic words it burns to ash like a vampire from the Blade movies. He sets about reading the walls.
(08:14:56 PM) Miriam: "Bulky belts are ugly," says Miriam, handing the scroll to Vargas. "If prefer not to carry anything on my person that I can't hide down my shirt." Miriam winks.
(08:15:17 PM) ***Vargas snickers.
(08:15:19 PM) ***Acadia thinks that's strange.
(08:15:23 PM) ***Serribon doesn't get it.
(08:15:55 PM) Miriam: That's probably because Acadia doesn't have any storage space in that particular area.
(08:16:22 PM) Acadia: Well, she does kind of have the body of a child.
(08:16:24 PM) Vargas: "It looks like this was a temple for Earth worship. Praying for fertile earth, and such. Good harvests."
(08:16:57 PM) Vargas: "Not nature worship though. Earth. And something about shells, or eggs."
(08:17:11 PM) Serribon: "Rather elaborate building to pray to the dirt."
(08:17:14 PM) ***Miriam raises an eyebrow at Vargas, and then finishes examining the webs.
(08:17:30 PM) Vargas: "Some stuff on preservation. I guess they associated that with long life, and such."
(08:17:41 PM) Miriam: "Well, rocks are earth too, and there is a whole hell of a lot of stone in here. Not to mention the pyramid."
(08:18:18 PM) Vargas: "I think the patron spirits of this place was like a giant rock god, or a stonemason god. Not sure."
(08:18:26 PM) ***Vargas shrugs.
(08:18:37 PM) Acadia: "Maybe the big thing that makes earthquakes."
(08:18:44 PM) Serribon: "People will worship anything, won't they?"
(08:18:58 PM) Miriam: DM, can we see anything in the side rooms, through the webbing?
(08:19:10 PM) Vargas: The webs are very weak, but super sticky. You know those super fine dew laden webs you get when you jog in the morning? Like that, but so thickly layed out you can't see past a couple inches.
(08:19:21 PM) Vargas: (No, it obscures the rooms)
(08:20:10 PM) ***Miriam hmms. "Let's light a torch and burn this stuff away. A little mundane fire should be sufficient, right?"
(08:20:23 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Well, you can hide quite a bit, Miriam."
(08:20:24 PM) Serribon: "If it's not too wet."
(08:20:27 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *snarks belatedly*
(08:21:00 PM) Serribon: "Ibram's sword might be better than a torch."
(08:21:20 PM) ***Miriam glances at Ibram. "Or a fire sword, indeed. Ibram, you go first."
(08:21:57 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Sure thing." *he draws his flame brand and will lumber forward.*
(08:22:08 PM) Miriam: Webs must be burned. It's one of the Prime Laws of Zelda.
(08:22:28 PM) Vargas: Ibram, the copper scaled warrior, carries two longswords for one is not enough. He sheathes the first blade of black steel, and draws the other which bursts into bright orange flame.
(08:22:30 PM) Miriam: BTW, DM, before he goes in, I'll do a take 20 listen check.
(08:22:45 PM) Vargas: You hear nothing. Still as death.
(08:22:57 PM) Miriam: Word. Have at it, IBram, motions Miriam.
(08:23:20 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *will put his blade into the spiderwebs*
(08:23:33 PM) Vargas: Slice! They part.
(08:24:02 PM) ***Acadia is fascinated by the burning sword.
(08:25:10 PM) Vargas: In that moment, you can see the hallway beyond lit by the unobstructed light of your blade. There is no fog beyond the web you can. Nothing but dry stone. But now the fog slowly starts to creep into the room. It is pouring in one inch at a time. If you advance with some decent haste, you can explore without fog blocking your vision.
(08:26:05 PM) Serribon: "Curious."
(08:26:19 PM) ***Serribon slips past Ibram to get a look around.
(08:26:28 PM) ***Miriam slips into the room beside Ibram and looks around. She will make a speedy delving into the room as well, checking for traps.
(08:27:06 PM) ***Acadia enters behind the others and looks around cautiously.
(08:27:47 PM) Vargas: This room is actually a hall that extends beyond sight into darkness.
(08:28:29 PM) Miriam: "Hmm... Should we take a quick look at the other one?"
(08:28:40 PM) Vargas: The wall is adorned with more images, and little stone shelves for statues, offerings, and long dead candles.
(08:28:53 PM) Vargas: Doorways line it to the left and right.
(08:29:37 PM) ***Miriam pulls her glowstone from her pouch. She has a new trick today. "Ibram, slice down the other web right quick. I Want to see if this corridor goes both ways."
(08:29:41 PM) Serribon: "Any ideas how we might hang something on the door to keep the fog out?"
(08:30:11 PM) Vargas: "We could nail a blanket to the wall?"
(08:30:25 PM) Serribon: "I still have all this tent canvas - but how do we afix it?"
(08:30:55 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Sure thing!" *slices some more*
(08:30:56 PM) Vargas: "Climbing pitons?"
(08:31:18 PM) Miriam: another corridor, DM, on the other side?
(08:31:36 PM) Serribon: "That could work. But we'll draw the attention of anything that might be in here with the hammering."
(08:31:39 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "I have some of those."
(08:31:51 PM) Vargas: The other side is not a corridor. It is a big circular chamber with a door on the other side. It has some interesting features.
(08:32:03 PM) Miriam: "Wait, wait, guys. Look at this."
(08:32:16 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Oh?"
(08:32:27 PM) ***Vargas follows.
(08:32:36 PM) Vargas: "Ooh, this looks interesting."
(08:32:47 PM) Vargas: "Don't touch anything yet."
(08:33:11 PM) Acadia: About how big?
(08:33:30 PM) Vargas: It is a big circle, about 100' in diameter.
(08:33:51 PM) Vargas: Dias in the middle. Door on the opposite side.
(08:34:00 PM) Vargas: There is a Tower of Hanoi like contraption on the dias.
(08:34:18 PM) ***Miriam steps back from the circular room and digs into her pack again. "And anyway, I actually have a thing for this." She pulls out some more stuff from her bag and eventually comes up with a jar of sticky gum. "Stick up the canvas with this." (Mundane sap-based adhesive, DM. Just a couple silver worth.)
(08:34:24 PM) Vargas: And there are statues lining the walls like Terra Cotta soldiers in dozens upon dozens of poses.
(08:34:30 PM) ***Acadia turns to Vargas. "Should I see about holes and things?"
(08:34:45 PM) Vargas: (gotcha)
(08:34:54 PM) ***Vargas asks Acadia, "Holes and things?"
(08:35:34 PM) Acadia: "Pits and little snares. I can't see everything, but more than halfway."
(08:36:03 PM) Vargas: "Oh. Well, sure. Of course. But ask Miriam, she's our expert on that sort of thing."
(08:36:04 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Hmmm, yeah, that'd be good."
(08:36:31 PM) ***Serribon tacks up the canvas on the outside of the door to the chamber
(08:36:38 PM) Vargas: (I am rolling trap detection for you guys when necessary here)
(08:37:00 PM) Vargas: (What's your trap detection perception mod, Acadia?)
(08:37:04 PM) ***Acadia looks at Miriam and cocks her head. Then proceeds to cast Detect Snares and Pits.
(08:37:17 PM) Miriam: Post a link to the spell, Acadia.
(08:37:25 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-snares-and-pits
(08:38:19 PM) Vargas: Acadia scans the room, but finds no evidence of pits or snares.
(08:38:50 PM) ***Miriam moves with her and slightly ahead, looking for evidence of manufactured boobytraps.
(08:39:21 PM) Acadia: "I don't see anything. But this place is big and weird."
(08:40:34 PM) Vargas: Miriam, you are certain there is a trap built into that dias. As the group is moving around, a 2nd mechanism activates. The room literally drops an inch, and then turns 10 degrees. Just enough to seal the doors with solid stone.
(08:40:51 PM) Vargas: Roll me some initiatives.
(08:41:03 PM) ***Miriam frowns. "Careful. There might be a trap."
(08:41:08 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20
(08:41:08 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 14
(08:41:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(08:41:15 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 17:10+7
(08:41:38 PM) ***Acadia is very surprised and upset by this turn of events.
(08:41:38 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+4 (INIT)
(08:41:39 PM) Emprah: Miriam, (INIT): 10:6+4
(08:42:11 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
(08:42:12 PM) Emprah: Vargas, (init): 19:18+1
(08:42:19 PM) ***Miriam looks up. Just as long as it isn't a collapsing room trap, like the trash compactor in Star Wars.
(08:42:43 PM) Miriam: That is Miriam's worst trap nightmare, to fail detection on a compactor trap.
(08:42:46 PM) Acadia: *as is Petite.
(08:43:02 PM) Vargas: (gotcha. Ibby init?)
(08:43:26 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+0
(08:43:27 PM) Emprah: Vargas: 5:5+0
(08:43:29 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+0
(08:43:29 PM) Emprah: Vargas: 17:17+0
(08:43:45 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+2 (speaking of Petite)
(08:43:45 PM) Emprah: Acadia, (speaking of Petite): 10:8+2
(08:44:06 PM) Vargas: (Do companions have their own init, or do they go off yours?)
(08:44:41 PM) Miriam: (Companions can do either. They have their own init scores for use per the DM, unlike summons. They are a little more independent, like cohorts.)
(08:45:57 PM) Vargas: (Bill?)
(08:46:16 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+2
(08:46:16 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 20:18+2
(08:46:22 PM) Vargas: (rockin)
(08:46:23 PM) Marauder_shields: (sorry poopin)
(08:46:34 PM) Vargas: (Oh God, it's always the toilet)
(08:46:41 PM) Vargas: (okay, moving on)
(08:47:09 PM) Miriam: (Bill needs either a toilet status indication or a tablet computer.)
(08:47:23 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(08:47:33 PM) Gerhal: So this, ladies and gentlemen, is how it goes down.
(08:48:44 PM) Gerhal: The floor has dropped out from under you, but only by an inch. The whole room rotates, but not so swiftly as to throw seasoned adventurers off their feet. Three pillars in the Tower of Hanoi have popped up into the air, filling the room with amber light.
(08:49:00 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Whoa!"
(08:49:31 PM) ***Serribon is puzzled.
(08:49:49 PM) ***Acadia is seriously upset.
(08:50:26 PM) Gerhal: Some of the statues crumble into dust as if they were a second skin for something underneath. Shambling serpentfolk wrapped in sandy bandages raise their clawed hands, and advance. Yellow preservatives leak from their eyes, and pour from their mouths.
(08:50:35 PM) Gerhal: Everyone roll will saves.
(08:50:39 PM) Miriam: (This is Bioware dungeon. Kill monsters, solve towers of hanoi. Eventually we'll dialogue with some kind of ghost who watches over this place.)
(08:50:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(08:50:52 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 21:12+9
(08:51:06 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14
(08:51:07 PM) Emprah: Miriam: 19:5+14
(08:51:27 PM) Gerhal: This is a fear save, so if you have a bonus or you provide one, please inform the others.
(08:51:27 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+9
(08:51:28 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 16:7+9
(08:51:28 PM) Marauder_shields: Fear or regular bsed?
(08:52:10 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+7
(08:52:10 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 19:12+7
(08:52:38 PM) Miriam: Everyone within 10 feet of me gets +4 vs Fear.
(08:53:18 PM) Gerhal: (roll it for Petite too, Acadia)
(08:53:20 PM) Serribon: so 25 for me, I guess.
(08:53:50 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+11 (V's will)
(08:53:50 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+7 (Petite, w/ Miriam's bonus)
(08:53:50 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (V's will): 31:20+11
(08:53:51 PM) Emprah: Acadia, (Petite, w/ Miriam's bonus): 8:1+7
(08:54:07 PM) Acadia: 20 total for Acadia
(08:54:37 PM) Gerhal: (Good show, everyone except Petite made the dc 20)
(08:54:52 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4 (fear duration)
(08:54:53 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (fear duration): 4
(08:55:20 PM) Acadia: (poor petite)
(08:55:48 PM) Gerhal: (Actually, would Petite be subject to fear checks? I don't see why not, though it does feel weird for a gator to be afraid of a mummy. Oh well, it's magic)
(08:56:14 PM) Serribon: (their unnatural aura freaks animals out)
(08:56:28 PM) Gerhal: Ibram, you are up. The party is being attacked by at least 8 mummies.
(08:58:53 PM) Marauder_shields: hmmm
(08:59:25 PM) Marauder_shields: What's the range on those mummy bastards?
(08:59:54 PM) Gerhal: (Let us say that the team is on the south side of the center dias, clustered behind Miriam)
(09:00:30 PM) Miriam: 100' radius room, Ibram. Mummies coming from eight points around the room, so a couple nearby on the right and left.
(09:00:33 PM) Gerhal: The mummies are coming from all directions. N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW (see what I did there?) They start 50' from the center.
(09:00:51 PM) Gerhal: The southern ones are closest.
(09:01:13 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *grunts, and will close on and engage the mummy, if he can do that will a single move action*
(09:01:26 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Clear a corner so we can get our backs to the wall!"
(09:01:33 PM) Gerhal: You can definately get any southern one with a single move.
(09:01:33 PM) Marauder_shields: (if not he'll charge)
(09:03:18 PM) Marauder_shields: .roll 1d20+18
(09:03:23 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:03:24 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 35:17+18
(09:03:27 PM) Marauder_shields: well damn
(09:03:32 PM) Gerhal: Slice!
(09:05:15 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(09:05:15 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 10:3+7
(09:05:19 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(09:05:20 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 4
(09:05:28 PM) Marauder_shields: 14 points of damage
(09:06:03 PM) Gerhal: Ibram slices one of the mummies right in the face, setting his bandages and his yellow ichor on fire. Guess what, double all fire damage to mummies.
(09:06:24 PM) Gerhal: (But they have DR 5/-- to compensate)
(09:07:29 PM) ***Gerhal moves to the center of the party, and delays his action.
(09:07:37 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, go.
(09:08:13 PM) ***Serribon moves to join Ibram and slices at the mummy with an extended grip.
(09:08:25 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:08:26 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 33:16+17
(09:08:42 PM) Gerhal: (This mummy is designated S mummy, or #5).
(09:08:57 PM) Gerhal: That is a hit.
(09:09:01 PM) Serribon: 'kay.
(09:09:04 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(09:09:05 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 12:4+8
(09:09:10 PM) Serribon: So, 7, I guess.
(09:09:55 PM) Gerhal: Serribon's weapon, the legendary Power Violence, cut from the bone of the might green dragon Thorne, has difficulty in inflicting violence on this horrid abomination of unlife.
(09:10:09 PM) Marauder_shields: (Haha, power violence)
(09:10:51 PM) Gerhal: Northern mummies double move towards you, covering 40'.
(09:11:10 PM) Gerhal: Acadia!
(09:12:11 PM) Acadia: Acadia turns into a dire boar, and teams up with Serri and Ibram
(09:12:38 PM) Gerhal: (What size is dire boar, large or huge?)
(09:12:42 PM) Acadia: (large)
(09:12:53 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/boar/dire-boar\
(09:13:27 PM) Gerhal: Your gnome friend has disappeared and turned into a massize death boar!
(09:14:07 PM) ***Miriam blinks a couple of times at Acadia and then steps back into the protection of the meat-shields, zaps herself with one of her readied wands, and then goes digging into her bag again. End turn.
(09:14:43 PM) Gerhal: The south mummies move into action, and attack Ibram, Serribon, and Acadia.
(09:15:14 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Serribon)
(09:15:15 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Serribon): 28:14+14
(09:15:17 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Serribon)
(09:15:17 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Serribon): 32:18+14
(09:15:23 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Ibby)
(09:15:23 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Ibby): 16:2+14
(09:15:25 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Ibby)
(09:15:25 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Ibby): 25:11+14
(09:15:33 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Acadia)
(09:15:33 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Acadia): 29:15+14
(09:15:46 PM) Gerhal: Serribon has reach, and so does Acadia? They may take AoOs.
(09:16:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:16:54 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 30:13+17
(09:16:58 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(09:16:59 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 17:9+8
(09:17:04 PM) Serribon: 12
(09:17:40 PM) Acadia: (one moment)
(09:18:31 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d5 (miss chance on Serrib)
(09:18:32 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (miss chance on Serrib): 2
(09:18:33 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d5 (miss chance on Serrib)
(09:18:34 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (miss chance on Serrib): 5
(09:18:45 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10 (dmg to serri)
(09:18:45 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (dmg to serri): 11:1+10
(09:18:47 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10 (dmg to serri)
(09:18:47 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (dmg to serri): 13:3+10
(09:18:59 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10 (dmg to acadia)
(09:18:59 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (dmg to acadia): 15:5+10
(09:19:18 PM) Gerhal: (What is Acadia's current AC?)
(09:19:31 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+10 (AoO)
(09:19:31 PM) Emprah: Acadia, (AoO): 17:7+10
(09:19:41 PM) Gerhal: Miss on AoO.
(09:19:52 PM) Serribon: That the standard DC on Mummy Rot?
(09:20:07 PM) Gerhal: Yes, standard DC.
(09:20:15 PM) Serribon: Well, that's a small mercy, then.
(09:20:26 PM) Gerhal: Serribon and Acadia roll fort to avoid mummy rot.
(09:20:44 PM) Serribon: DC is 16. My lowest fort roll is 16
(09:20:59 PM) Gerhal: You can fail saves on 1, so just roll to avoid 1s.
(09:21:11 PM) Serribon: fuck, really?
(09:21:15 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(09:21:16 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 20:5+15
(09:21:28 PM) Gerhal: (Yes. Saves and attack rolls are unique in the 1/20 rule)
(09:22:23 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(09:22:24 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 33:18+15
(09:23:19 PM) Acadia: (Sorry, calculating. AC = 11)
(09:23:36 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+10 fort
(09:23:37 PM) Emprah: Acadia, fort: 17:7+10
(09:24:31 PM) Acadia: (oops, miscalc, AC=14)
(09:24:46 PM) Gerhal: Okay, all good.
(09:25:09 PM) Acadia: (oops again, 13)
(09:25:37 PM) Gerhal: Vargas takes his turn at the bottom of the round, and lobs a fireball at the mummies as they clustered to begin the sandwich attack.
(09:25:49 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 10d6
(09:25:50 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 33
(09:26:05 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:26:06 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 6:4+2
(09:26:07 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:26:08 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 16:14+2
(09:26:09 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:26:09 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 22:20+2
(09:27:26 PM) Marauder_shields: (burninate)
(09:27:27 PM) Gerhal: V snaps his fingers, and sends a pea sized light towards the mummies which then envelopes them in a cloud of flame and soot. Two drop, and the other is a walking torch. But...!
(09:28:01 PM) Gerhal: One of the amber rods in the center of the room lights up, and a black bolt of lightning strikes the burning mummy. The flames go out, and it arcs towards the two fallen ones.
(09:28:20 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "What the hell?"
(09:28:24 PM) Gerhal: The jolt of negative energy revives them, and they rise smoking from the floor ready for new violence.
(09:28:34 PM) Gerhal: Vargas says, "Oooh crap."
(09:28:46 PM) Serribon: "..."
(09:29:03 PM) Marauder_shields: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXbFiDGHhk time for us to purify some dark souls.
(09:29:14 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Any ideas?"
(09:29:33 PM) Gerhal: "Cut them down! We have to fight them off, and deactivate that thing!"
(09:29:40 PM) Gerhal: Ibram's turn.
(09:30:02 PM) Serribon: How many segments can we move in a round?
(09:30:27 PM) Gerhal: (It's a rouge disable device thing)
(09:30:31 PM) Gerhal: (err, rogue)
(09:30:48 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(09:30:59 PM) Gerhal: (I say Tower of Hanoi because that is a clear mental picture for you, the audience)
(09:31:15 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Oh right I thought there was something..."
(09:31:19 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:31:19 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 37:19+18
(09:31:23 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:31:24 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 33:15+18
(09:31:27 PM) Gerhal: Crit!
(09:31:31 PM) Marauder_shields: status clitical
(09:31:42 PM) Miriam: (Aw man. We don't get to spend 2^n-1 actions solving Towers of Hanoi? Gosh, that is dissappointing.)
(09:31:53 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 3d8+21
(09:31:53 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 37:16+21
(09:31:59 PM) Marauder_shields: damn son
(09:32:02 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(09:32:03 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 4
(09:32:05 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d10
(09:32:05 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 5
(09:32:09 PM) Marauder_shields: Okay
(09:32:14 PM) Marauder_shields: first attack does 9 damage fire
(09:32:18 PM) Marauder_shields: 37 mundane damage
(09:32:27 PM) Marauder_shields: should I keep going on this one or does he drop?
(09:32:37 PM) Gerhal: 18 fire, fire dmg is doubled.
(09:32:57 PM) Gerhal: But yes, he drops.
(09:33:05 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+13
(09:33:06 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 30:17+13
(09:33:17 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(09:33:17 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 14:7+7
(09:33:22 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(09:33:22 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 3
(09:33:23 PM) Gerhal: Ibram swings his blade with a flourish, and takes the mummy serpent's head like a jabborwock.
(09:33:29 PM) Marauder_shields: and another 20 to the second
(09:34:09 PM) Gerhal: 15 dmg after DR to mummy #4, which Serribon hit earlier.
(09:35:12 PM) Gerhal: The nothern double move and now flank the party on the northern side. It's a mad melee now. Or, at least it will be.
(09:35:30 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:35:31 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 26:9+17
(09:35:32 PM) Gerhal: OH, wait. Serribon goes first.
(09:35:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(09:35:37 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 21:9+12
(09:36:06 PM) Gerhal: Hit
(09:36:12 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(09:36:13 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 26:19+7
(09:36:34 PM) Serribon: How many?
(09:36:43 PM) Gerhal: 3 hits.
(09:36:52 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8 (#4)
(09:36:53 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (#4): 17:9+8
(09:37:01 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8 (#4)
(09:37:02 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (#4): 18:10+8
(09:37:17 PM) Serribon: 25 more on that one. Still up?
(09:37:34 PM) Gerhal: Yes
(09:37:39 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(09:37:40 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 9:1+8
(09:37:49 PM) Gerhal: These foul creatures are extremely durable.
(09:37:53 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Break 'em down!"
(09:38:00 PM) Serribon: 29 to #4, then.
(09:38:18 PM) Gerhal: Now the northern 3 move to surround you guys.
(09:38:26 PM) Gerhal: Acadia's turn!
(09:38:48 PM) Gerhal: Vargas says, "Miriam, can you disable that thing?"
(09:39:11 PM) Acadia: Who is attacking what, now?
(09:39:18 PM) ***Miriam digs through her pack between turns. "I'll try!"
(09:39:44 PM) Miriam: Tac update, please, DM.
(09:40:03 PM) Gerhal: Everyone has a bogey on them, but #8 is the one that hit you, Acadia.
(09:40:25 PM) Gerhal: The team is in a circle between the south wall, and the center dias. Pretty much in the middle.
(09:41:02 PM) Acadia: Okay, well, I guess I'll go for #8, then.
(09:41:04 PM) Gerhal: Mummies 4,6,7,8 ring you on the south. 8 is on Acadia, to the west.
(09:41:12 PM) Gerhal: 4 is on the east, fighting with Serribon.
(09:41:23 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:41:23 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 21:10+11
(09:41:23 PM) Miriam: "Vargas, can you invis me when I call for it?"
(09:41:37 PM) Gerhal: "Yeah."
(09:41:43 PM) Gerhal: Hit!
(09:42:15 PM) Acadia: ,roll 2d6+7
(09:42:15 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 19:12+7
(09:42:24 PM) ***Miriam finds what she's looking for and goes, "Ah hah!"
(09:43:00 PM) Gerhal: Acadia gores a mummy right in the belly. The scent of preservatives is rank.
(09:43:21 PM) Gerhal: Miriam's turn.
(09:44:32 PM) ***Miriam holds up her Talisman of Command Undead, directs it at one of the mummies, and goes, "Stay your hand, foul creature!" DC 14 will, or no save for mindless undead.
(09:44:53 PM) Gerhal: Mindless! Which one do you target? Northern one?
(09:45:04 PM) Miriam: Sure.
(09:45:29 PM) Gerhal: Done.
(09:45:39 PM) Miriam: "Defend us, poor soul!" she further commands, and then nods to Vargas. "Now!"
(09:46:03 PM) Serribon: (The mummy obeys, but looks hurt at being called 'foul creature'. "I've got a name, you know", it hisses.)
(09:46:26 PM) Gerhal: First, the mummies.
(09:46:30 PM) Miriam: (Note that the epithet changes once he's on her side. :-P )
(09:46:45 PM) ***Miriam holds her move action for the Invis, then.
(09:46:46 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Serribon)
(09:46:46 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Serribon): 32:18+14
(09:46:48 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Serribon)
(09:46:49 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Serribon): 19:5+14
(09:46:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d5
(09:46:54 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 1
(09:46:54 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Ibby)
(09:46:55 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Ibby): 23:9+14
(09:46:57 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d5
(09:46:58 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 1
(09:47:01 PM) Serribon: Woo!
(09:47:06 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (Acadia)
(09:47:06 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (Acadia): 33:19+14
(09:47:28 PM) Gerhal: The mummies striking at Serribon are misled by the blurry shadows cast by his magic cloak.
(09:47:29 PM) Acadia: Sigh
(09:47:43 PM) Gerhal: Ibram's mighty dragon hide casts of their blows.
(09:48:06 PM) Gerhal: (Sorry Acadia, these guys are pretty brute, and I'm just rolling well)
(09:48:16 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10 (dmg to acadia)
(09:48:17 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (dmg to acadia): 13:3+10
(09:48:43 PM) Gerhal: (We need to get you some Wild Armor)
(09:48:53 PM) Acadia: (Oh it's okay, Acadia will be fine.)
(09:49:19 PM) Serribon: (this is just round 2, isn't it?)
(09:49:20 PM) Acadia: (I like the sound of that)
(09:49:22 PM) Gerhal: Gimme a quick fort save.
(09:49:30 PM) Gerhal: (Yes, just round two)
(09:49:40 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+10
(09:49:40 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 12:2+10
(09:50:02 PM) Miriam: About that "she'll be fine..."
(09:50:02 PM) Gerhal: Oh noes! Mummy rot. But it is within action point range.
(09:50:43 PM) Serribon: (roll a pair of d6's separately 1d6+1d6. wanna get a 4 on one of them)
(09:50:44 PM) Acadia: (Action point range?)
(09:51:07 PM) Acadia: (ah.)
(09:51:12 PM) Gerhal: (It's like a bonus dice for moments of great heroism. You only get so many per level)
(09:51:24 PM) Gerhal: (You can decide if you think it is worth it or not)
(09:51:25 PM) Serribon: (action points are CYA rolls. You should have 10 this level, I think)
(09:51:43 PM) Acadia: (All right. I'll go for it)
(09:51:46 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d6
(09:51:46 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 6
(09:51:49 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d6
(09:51:50 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 1
(09:51:51 PM) Gerhal: Victory!
(09:51:58 PM) Gerhal: (You take the better of the two)
(09:52:22 PM) Acadia: (Ohh okay)
(09:52:27 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20
(09:52:28 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 9
(09:52:29 PM) Acadia: So that puts me at 18?
(09:52:39 PM) Gerhal: (Yes, which passes the save dc)
(09:52:43 PM) Acadia: (yay)
(09:53:25 PM) Gerhal: Vargas casts Invisibility via combat casting techniques he's been developing through hard martial training with Miriam and Ibram for the last few months, and Miriam disappears.
(09:53:55 PM) ***Miriam expends the remainder of her previous action to zip through the square of the friendly mummy.
(09:54:02 PM) Gerhal: He hefts his cane in preparation for hand to hand with mummies.
(09:54:07 PM) Gerhal: Ibram!
(09:54:09 PM) Miriam: Has Friend Mummy acted with the mummies yet?
(09:54:22 PM) Gerhal: He closed, but not attacked yet.
(09:54:25 PM) Gerhal: He attacks this turn.
(09:54:29 PM) Miriam: Roger.
(09:54:35 PM) Marauder_shields: Okay
(09:54:38 PM) Gerhal: Ibram, #4 is on his last legs.
(09:54:44 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:54:45 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 34:16+18
(09:54:47 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+13
(09:54:47 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 25:12+13
(09:54:52 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(09:54:53 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 9:2+7
(09:54:54 PM) Gerhal: #8 is also wounded, but on the opposite side of #4.
(09:54:57 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(09:54:57 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 4
(09:55:03 PM) Marauder_shields: Is he down?
(09:55:18 PM) Gerhal: Snicker-snack, another mummy has fallen!
(09:56:04 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *urns on 8, if he's still up, and pushes this home*
(09:56:11 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+13
(09:56:11 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 16:3+13
(09:56:18 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Nrgh. Damn!"
(09:56:43 PM) Gerhal: Ibram just couldn't quite make it, and his attack swings short. It cleaves nothing but dirt.
(09:56:53 PM) Gerhal: Serribon!
(09:57:05 PM) ***Serribon follows-up.
(09:57:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:57:09 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 31:14+17
(09:57:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(09:57:14 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 14:2+12
(09:57:18 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(09:57:18 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 19:12+7
(09:57:27 PM) Gerhal: 1 hit
(09:57:28 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(09:57:29 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 15:7+8
(09:57:29 PM) Gerhal: AC 20
(09:57:35 PM) Serribon: 10 damage
(09:57:37 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Take them down quickly."
(09:58:20 PM) Gerhal: "Focus fire, and buy Miriam some time!"
(09:58:21 PM) Acadia: (how tight is our circle, here?)
(09:58:52 PM) Gerhal: The team is back to back at this point. Serribon has it easier to help since he has reach on his weapon.
(09:59:37 PM) Gerhal: The southeastern corner is free of enemies.
(09:59:44 PM) Gerhal: S and SE mummy are dead.
(09:59:53 PM) Gerhal: You are attacking the W dummy.
(09:59:58 PM) Gerhal: N dummy is charmed.
(10:00:00 PM) Acadia: (mky, thank you)
(10:00:17 PM) Miriam: What is the device doing at this point? Was that mummy-repair a one-off?
(10:00:26 PM) Gerhal: The device is charging.
(10:01:02 PM) Gerhal: At least it sounds like it is. It is humming and getting faster.
(10:03:39 PM) Miriam: who's up?
(10:03:41 PM) Gerhal: Oh, mummies turn.
(10:03:49 PM) Miriam: Hehehehe.
(10:03:51 PM) Gerhal: Sorry, I was answering questions.
(10:04:11 PM) Gerhal: SW, W, and NW attack!
(10:04:24 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (ibby)
(10:04:24 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (ibby): 18:4+14
(10:04:30 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (aca)
(10:04:30 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (aca): 25:11+14
(10:04:41 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14 (vargas)
(10:04:41 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (vargas): 33:19+14
(10:04:56 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10 (aca)
(10:04:57 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (aca): 15:5+10
(10:05:06 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10 (dmg to var)
(10:05:07 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (dmg to var): 16:6+10
(10:05:18 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+9 (v's fort save)
(10:05:19 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (v's fort save): 21:12+9
(10:05:43 PM) Gerhal: Vargas barely fends off a bandaged claw attack with his cane.
(10:06:55 PM) Gerhal: Acadia's turn.
(10:07:44 PM) Gerhal: (I think I got one of the mummies wrong, but oh well. No take backs. Continue!)
(10:08:14 PM) Miriam: Friend Mummy still hasn't acted. :-P
(10:08:39 PM) Gerhal: Oh, wow. I didn't get 1 wrong. I got the slow versus fast mummies swapped.
(10:09:04 PM) Acadia: Acadia is unhappy with all this. She casts stone shape to trap mummy #8. DC 16, I believe
(10:09:07 PM) Gerhal: Whoopsie.
(10:09:42 PM) Gerhal: You can cast on that mummy, but there is one complication to doing so.
(10:10:05 PM) Gerhal: You are in melee. Spell casting presents the enemy with an AoO, or chance to bop you while casting.
(10:10:26 PM) Gerhal: You can either cast defensively, which is a concentration check, or you can move out of melee range and cast.
(10:10:41 PM) Gerhal: But sometimes retreat will also provoke. But at least they can't bop you mid-cast.
(10:10:52 PM) Acadia: I have combat casting, so I will attempt to do that.
(10:11:18 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:11:19 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 11:7+4
(10:11:43 PM) Gerhal: You have forgotten some of your mods.
(10:12:09 PM) Gerhal: When you make a combat casting check, you would use 1d20+ your caster level + your wisdom modifier + 4.
(10:12:30 PM) Gerhal: Your DC is 15 + 2 x 4 (2 x the spell's leve)
(10:12:41 PM) Gerhal: So the DC would be 23 in this case.
(10:13:17 PM) Acadia: Whoops! Ah. 11+12 for other mods. Total 23
(10:13:25 PM) Gerhal: Hot dang, look at that!
(10:13:32 PM) Acadia: Phew!
(10:13:44 PM) Gerhal: What's your wis mod again?
(10:13:48 PM) Acadia: +3
(10:14:15 PM) Gerhal: Your stone shape dc will be 10 + 4 + 3, or 17. You are using it to make a prison, so I will use the mummy's reflex.
(10:14:34 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+2
(10:14:34 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 3:1+2
(10:14:38 PM) Gerhal: rofl
(10:15:20 PM) Gerhal: Acadia snorts, and stamps the stone ground. The stone floor twists and bends. Stoney roots reach up, and cage the mummy in a web of stone.
(10:15:36 PM) Gerhal: Miriam's go.
(10:15:58 PM) Gerhal: (sorry for screwing up mummy init so bad this turn. I will fix it next turn)
(10:16:15 PM) ***Miriam sets to work on the thingamajigger, while admonishing her Friend Mummy to get to work and start making itself useful.
(10:16:22 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12 DD
(10:16:22 PM) Emprah: Miriam, DD: 23:11+12
(10:16:37 PM) Serribon: (earthbending. nice)
(10:17:00 PM) Gerhal: Miriam fiddles with the device, and gets the pitch to drop to something slower. But it is still charging.
(10:17:12 PM) Gerhal: (partial success. Or partial failure. Depends on how you see it)
(10:17:28 PM) Gerhal: But!
(10:17:44 PM) Gerhal: Retraction. Here comes the partial failure.
(10:18:00 PM) Acadia: (^.^)
(10:18:03 PM) Gerhal: As Miriam comes to the dial under the pressure of combat, another mechanism has been activated.
(10:18:27 PM) Gerhal: This must be that first trap she sensed before the room dropped.
(10:19:10 PM) Gerhal: Everyone hears a hundred little shinckt noises. And then a storm of darts starts firing from every corner of the room in a hail storm of steel.
(10:19:15 PM) ***Miriam has a moment of, "Whoops." Forgot about that one.
(10:19:42 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4 (darts for acadia)
(10:19:42 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (darts for acadia): 1
(10:19:48 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4 (darts for miriam)
(10:19:48 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (darts for miriam): 2
(10:19:54 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4 (darts for ibby)
(10:19:55 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (darts for ibby): 3
(10:19:57 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Oh shit."
(10:20:03 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4 (darts for serribon)
(10:20:03 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (darts for serribon): 3
(10:20:11 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4 (darts for vargas)
(10:20:11 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (darts for vargas): 1
(10:20:55 PM) Gerhal: ,roll +18 (to hit acadia)
(10:20:56 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit acadia): 18
(10:21:10 PM) Gerhal: oops
(10:21:28 PM) Gerhal: Please track how many of your darts hit you guys. Just to speed things up.
(10:21:31 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit acadia)
(10:21:31 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit acadia): 37:19+18
(10:21:37 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit mir)
(10:21:38 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit mir): 22:4+18
(10:21:39 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit mir)
(10:21:40 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit mir): 33:15+18
(10:21:46 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit ibby)
(10:21:46 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit ibby): 32:14+18
(10:21:48 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit ibby)
(10:21:48 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit ibby): 29:11+18
(10:21:50 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit ibby)
(10:21:50 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit ibby): 33:15+18
(10:21:54 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit ser)
(10:21:54 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit ser): 20:2+18
(10:21:55 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit ser)
(10:21:56 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit ser): 26:8+18
(10:21:58 PM) Serribon: (are these darts or magic missiles?)
(10:21:58 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit ser)
(10:21:58 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit ser): 28:10+18
(10:22:03 PM) Gerhal: Physical darts
(10:22:13 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+18 (to hit vargas)
(10:22:13 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (to hit vargas): 32:14+18
(10:22:16 PM) Serribon: (not with that hit-rate. ;P )
(10:22:31 PM) Gerhal: Roll 1d4+1 dmg for each dart that hits you. That's your dmg.
(10:22:42 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d4+1 (dmg to V)
(10:22:43 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (dmg to V): 5:4+1
(10:22:44 PM) ***Miriam dodges one dart and catches the other in her fingers. "Sorry! Sorry, that was me. My bad."
(10:22:47 PM) Serribon: ,roll 2d4+2 (darts)
(10:22:48 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (darts): 7:5+2
(10:23:53 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 3d4+3
(10:23:54 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 14:11+3
(10:23:57 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Gnh!"
(10:23:57 PM) Gerhal: (I don't have to roll for mummies, since it's below their DR, heh)
(10:23:59 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d4+1
(10:23:59 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 5:4+1
(10:24:31 PM) Gerhal: Now, time for friend mummy.
(10:24:39 PM) Miriam: Go, Friend Mummy!
(10:24:52 PM) Gerhal: Friend mummy decides to grapple.
(10:24:59 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:24:59 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 28:15+13
(10:25:10 PM) Gerhal: And he wins, reducing the math I have to do.
(10:25:28 PM) Gerhal: The other one now resists grapple.
(10:25:30 PM) Miriam: Yay, Friend Mummy!
(10:25:36 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:25:36 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 30:17+13
(10:25:43 PM) Miriam: Damn it, Friend Mummy!
(10:26:23 PM) Serribon: (they should have provided a miss chance due to cover)
(10:26:52 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+11+6+4+2 (combat casting)
(10:26:52 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (combat casting): 34:11+11+6+4+2
(10:27:08 PM) Gerhal: Vargas casts Haste!
(10:27:27 PM) Gerhal: So, here is what Haste does for you Acadia.
(10:27:54 PM) Gerhal: If you make a full attack, you get 1 extra attack at your highest bonus. Like you have 1 gore attack right now. Instead you get 2.
(10:28:04 PM) Acadia: Sweeet
(10:28:10 PM) Gerhal: You also get +1 to hit, and +1 to AC, and +1 to reflex saves.
(10:28:28 PM) Acadia: Awesome.
(10:28:37 PM) Miriam: And you feel like
(10:28:53 PM) Gerhal: You literally feel like you are experiencing bullet time.
(10:28:54 PM) Miriam: Do you remember that episode of Futurama where Fry drank 100 cups of coffee?
(10:29:06 PM) Gerhal: You also gain +30 to your move speed.
(10:29:08 PM) Miriam: You feel a little like thqt.
(10:29:17 PM) Acadia: I do remember that.
(10:29:34 PM) Gerhal: Ibram, you know what to do.
(10:29:36 PM) Acadia: This all sounds pretty great to me
(10:29:38 PM) Miriam: You achieve Perfect Caffination.
(10:29:47 PM) Acadia: *ding!*
(10:29:57 PM) Miriam: Exactly!
(10:30:01 PM) Serribon: (/me nods slowly in appreciatioin)
(10:30:11 PM) nacht: (I think we were saved by an orange blur)
(10:31:00 PM) Marauder_shields: I do
(10:31:03 PM) Miriam: (Note the prevalence of Futurama coin-o-seura in this room.)
(10:31:09 PM) Marauder_shields: BLOOD FOR GOTT
(10:31:14 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:31:15 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 23:4+19
(10:31:16 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:31:18 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 27:8+19
(10:31:19 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:31:20 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 18:4+14
(10:31:23 PM) Marauder_shields: lol miss
(10:31:28 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(10:31:28 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 14:7+7
(10:31:29 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(10:31:29 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 13:6+7
(10:31:33 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(10:31:34 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 4
(10:31:35 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(10:31:35 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 4
(10:31:45 PM) Marauder_shields: 22 and 21 damage hits
(10:31:51 PM) Acadia: (we're on round 3, now, correct?)
(10:31:56 PM) Gerhal: (yes)
(10:32:24 PM) Gerhal: Okay, Ibby.
(10:32:34 PM) Gerhal: You have a couple targets to apply that dmg to.
(10:32:54 PM) Marauder_shields: Most damaged, then second most damaged if he drops
(10:33:02 PM) Gerhal: #2, and #3 are damaged. #8 is hurt, but trapped in stone. # 6 and 7 are unhurt.
(10:33:26 PM) Gerhal: Both hits will eliminate #2 or 3. #2 is NE, and #3 is E.
(10:34:05 PM) Marauder_shields: I'll eliminate 2 to cut down on flankytimes
(10:34:11 PM) Gerhal: Okay.
(10:34:22 PM) Gerhal: Serriberry.
(10:34:28 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:34:29 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 18:1+17
(10:34:32 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:34:33 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 25:8+17
(10:34:36 PM) Gerhal: Churn me some mummy-butter.
(10:34:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(10:34:37 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 18:6+12
(10:34:43 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:34:44 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 26:19+7
(10:34:59 PM) Serribon: #3 is up and wounded?
(10:35:03 PM) Gerhal: Correct.
(10:35:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 2d10+16
(10:35:11 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 31:15+16
(10:35:58 PM) Serribon: 21 damage, alas.
(10:36:21 PM) Miriam: Just pay attention Every time Dm gives a tactical update. 2 just dropped, and 3 is about to. 8 is in a box. That leaves two more undamaged.
(10:36:40 PM) Miriam: Mischan.
(10:36:40 PM) Acadia: Right
(10:36:46 PM) Gerhal: Serribon pops him in the knee, dropping him to a kneeling position. Serribon then lunges again through the top of his skulling spliting his head in half down the spine to his shoulders.
(10:36:55 PM) Gerhal: #3 is down.
(10:37:00 PM) Miriam: But it serves. DM, 6 and 7 are wrestling each other, right?
(10:37:01 PM) Serribon: yay
(10:37:23 PM) Gerhal: Friend Mummy is #1, and Serribon killed his wrestling buddy.
(10:37:36 PM) Gerhal: He was exploiting residual fireball damage.
(10:37:53 PM) Miriam: Ah.
(10:38:15 PM) Gerhal: Friend mummy is going to move around, and attack... #7.
(10:38:25 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:38:26 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 31:17+14
(10:38:30 PM) Gerhal: SMACK
(10:38:35 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10
(10:38:36 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 16:6+10
(10:39:21 PM) Gerhal: Acadia, your turn.
(10:40:30 PM) Acadia: cool. I will attack mummy #7 with friend mummy using both attacks.
(10:41:03 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(10:41:03 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 13:1+12
(10:41:21 PM) Acadia: (maybe just one attack)
(10:41:28 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(10:41:29 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 15:3+12
(10:41:40 PM) Miriam: Wow.
(10:41:44 PM) Acadia: well....
(10:41:47 PM) Gerhal: Perhaps poor Acadia just isn't used to the sensation of Perfect Caffination yet.
(10:42:25 PM) Gerhal: (Darn traitor dice)
(10:42:41 PM) Gerhal: Miriam!
(10:42:50 PM) Acadia: No coffee beans in my jungle, evidently.
(10:43:04 PM) ***Miriam continues to work very hard on moving disks from post to post!
(10:43:09 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(10:43:10 PM) Emprah: Miriam: 25:13+12
(10:43:50 PM) Gerhal: The device ceases to hum.
(10:44:22 PM) Miriam: "Ah hah!" goes Miriam. And then she get suspicious of her own success and checks to make sure she didn't set off another trap.
(10:44:27 PM) Gerhal: Mummy #6 goes for the greatest threat, Ibram!
(10:44:32 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:44:32 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 31:17+14
(10:45:16 PM) Acadia: (I see how it is.)
(10:45:19 PM) Gerhal: It pounds on his shield creating a horrible racket, but it is no match for enchanted Herzland steel.
(10:45:30 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *grins*
(10:46:22 PM) Gerhal: Aside from the swarm of darts, not even a single attack has breached his incredible defenses.
(10:46:38 PM) Gerhal: Mummy #7 attacks Friend Mummy.
(10:46:43 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:46:43 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 34:20+14
(10:46:47 PM) Serribon: (And this is what happens when you let somebody put your brain in a jar...)
(10:46:49 PM) Gerhal: Revenge slap.
(10:46:54 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:46:55 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 22:8+14
(10:46:55 PM) Miriam: No! Friend Mummy!
(10:47:10 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 2d8+20
(10:47:11 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 35:15+20
(10:47:24 PM) Gerhal: SMACK. Friend mummy's head doesn't sit right anymore.
(10:47:46 PM) Acadia: *cringe*
(10:48:06 PM) Gerhal: Vargas asks, "Miriam, do you have it under control?"
(10:48:37 PM) Miriam: "Er, I think so. It's hard to tell. Try killing them and see!"
(10:49:37 PM) Miriam: Who's up?
(10:49:50 PM) Gerhal: V is. Had to check my GM sheet.
(10:50:48 PM) Gerhal: Vargas points at Mummy #7 with his index finger, and the mummy suddenly jerks with a quick pop pop pop pop pop noise.
(10:50:54 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 5d5+5
(10:50:54 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 21:16+5
(10:51:06 PM) Gerhal: Ibram!
(10:51:15 PM) Gerhal: Petite should be free this round I think.
(10:51:21 PM) Miriam: Burst fire. Woot.
(10:51:48 PM) Acadia: Yayy.
(10:52:06 PM) Serribon: (and perfect recoil comp, unless he suddenly develops the palsy)
(10:52:59 PM) Miriam: (Heh.)
(10:53:10 PM) Gerhal: (I'm saving my Desintigrate, aka anti-tank rifle for something bigger)
(10:54:18 PM) Gerhal: (Did Bill go to the pooper again?)
(10:54:26 PM) Marauder_shields: (No, I'm good)
(10:54:37 PM) Marauder_shields: We've got undamaged ones now right?
(10:54:43 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:54:43 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 31:12+19
(10:54:45 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:54:46 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 20:1+19
(10:54:48 PM) Marauder_shields: ...
(10:54:50 PM) Marauder_shields: fuck you dice
(10:55:04 PM) Gerhal: You have haste, so 1 more attack
(10:55:05 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:55:05 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 19:5+14
(10:55:14 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(10:55:14 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 9:2+7
(10:55:17 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(10:55:17 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 2
(10:55:23 PM) Marauder_shields: 13 damage this time
(10:55:31 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> lucius the eternal is making me look bad
(10:55:37 PM) Gerhal: Not enough.
(10:56:01 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, can you put #7, Mad Dog Madisssssssssssson down?
(10:56:09 PM) Serribon: (Ibby's still L10?)
(10:56:20 PM) Serribon: I can try!
(10:56:23 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:56:24 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 33:16+17
(10:56:29 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:56:30 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 18:1+17
(10:56:34 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(10:56:35 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 15:3+12
(10:56:37 PM) Gerhal: (If Ibby's 11, he should have his 3rd iterative attack)
(10:56:37 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:56:38 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 19:12+7
(10:56:50 PM) Serribon: Looks like I can't.
(10:57:01 PM) Gerhal: Roll dmg for 1 hit.
(10:57:04 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+3
(10:57:05 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 11:8+3
(10:57:11 PM) Serribon: (adjusted for DR)
(10:57:15 PM) Miriam: Ibram hasn't quite dinged yet, methinks.
(10:57:28 PM) Gerhal: Friend Mummy!
(10:57:29 PM) Serribon: (yeah, s' why I asked)
(10:57:36 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:57:37 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 25:11+14
(10:57:47 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10
(10:57:48 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 16:6+10
(10:57:56 PM) Gerhal: Friend Mummy steals the kill.
(10:58:53 PM) Serribon: (Of course he does - you're playing him. )
(10:58:55 PM) Miriam: Yay, Friend Mummy!
(10:58:58 PM) Gerhal: #6 is still standing, undamaged. #1 is still charmed. #8 is still stoned.
(10:59:03 PM) Miriam: (Heh.)
(10:59:10 PM) Gerhal: Acadia!
(10:59:29 PM) Acadia: Attack #6!
(10:59:29 PM) Marauder_shields: (I actually forgot he got a 3rd attack)
(10:59:43 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(10:59:43 PM) Marauder_shields: (I have spent like 2 ooc years with 2 attacks)
(10:59:44 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 29:17+12
(10:59:55 PM) Gerhal: hit!
(11:00:06 PM) Acadia: ,roll 2d6+7
(11:00:07 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 15:8+7
(11:00:18 PM) Gerhal: Roll 2nd attack!
(11:00:25 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:00:26 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 32:20+12
(11:00:29 PM) Acadia: yayy
(11:00:30 PM) Gerhal: Possible crit!
(11:00:39 PM) Gerhal: Roll again to confirm.
(11:00:41 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:00:41 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 31:19+12
(11:00:46 PM) Serribon: boom
(11:00:49 PM) Gerhal: Confirmed for DOUBLE DAMAGE.
(11:01:10 PM) Acadia: ,roll 4d6+14
(11:01:10 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 27:13+14
(11:01:48 PM) Gerhal: Acadia the doom boar lays into that mummy, and gores him twices. But he's still up and fighting!
(11:01:56 PM) Gerhal: Miriam, and then Petite!
(11:02:21 PM) ***Miriam examines the device one more time to make sure it's really offline.
(11:02:27 PM) Gerhal: I highly recommend having Petite move up, and flank #6 with you.
(11:02:41 PM) Marauder_shields: (acadia is moar boar)
(11:02:52 PM) Acadia: (will do)
(11:03:04 PM) Miriam: The device? Offline?
(11:03:12 PM) Gerhal: Disabled.
(11:03:15 PM) Marauder_shields: (http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/moar-bore-wants-more-boar-12563209896.jpg)
(11:03:56 PM) Miriam: Roger. Miriam figures the others have this fight in hand, and she moves to explore the North door, for traps and signs of anyone drawn to the ruckus.
(11:03:57 PM) Acadia: (I just died)
(11:04:44 PM) Gerhal: You move to the north, and begin inspecting the spot where the north door used to be before the room rotated.
(11:04:57 PM) Gerhal: Petite!
(11:05:22 PM) Acadia: Yay!
(11:05:38 PM) ***Miriam goes, "Oh. Yeah. Damn it."
(11:05:53 PM) Gerhal: Acadia, call odds or even.
(11:05:56 PM) Acadia: (one moment)
(11:06:48 PM) Marauder_shields: (Why did you die?)
(11:06:49 PM) Acadia: (oh sorry! odds)
(11:06:59 PM) Acadia: (The pig. It's so cute!)
(11:07:03 PM) Gerhal: (died laughing due to moar boar)
(11:07:06 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(11:07:07 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 1
(11:07:18 PM) Acadia: (do I win?)
(11:07:22 PM) Gerhal: Vargas was extra clever, and remembered to Haste Petite too.
(11:07:29 PM) Miriam: Hah!
(11:07:35 PM) Gerhal: Petite has to move, so no extra attack this turn.
(11:07:43 PM) Gerhal: But still +1 to hit, in addition to +2 from flank.
(11:07:56 PM) Acadia: Yeah!
(11:08:34 PM) Acadia: Now if I can just find where I put his stats....
(11:08:35 PM) Serribon: (oh, man. I kept forgetting my hit bonus)
(11:09:16 PM) Gerhal: (Just wait until Vargas can summon bards, in addition to hasting you mofos. Better bone up on your math.)
(11:10:09 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+13
(11:10:10 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 19:6+13
(11:10:19 PM) Miriam: I do it all in my head. On the fly. With one hemisphere tied behind my back.
(11:10:20 PM) Gerhal: Oh no, just 1 short.
(11:10:36 PM) Acadia: Poo.
(11:10:38 PM) Acadia: Oh well
(11:11:01 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d3 (a, i, s)
(11:11:01 PM) Emprah: Gerhal, (a, i, s): 1
(11:11:20 PM) Gerhal: #6 wants to give Moar Boar a hug.
(11:11:30 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:11:30 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 16:2+14
(11:11:39 PM) Acadia: ugh!
(11:12:17 PM) Gerhal: (how are you holding up HP wise, Acadia?)
(11:12:35 PM) Miriam: She's got 80+ baseline.
(11:12:50 PM) Acadia: (currently at 59)
(11:12:51 PM) Gerhal: Okay, I'm not going to quibble over a borderline hit then.
(11:12:58 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d8+10
(11:12:58 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 17:7+10
(11:14:06 PM) Miriam: Who's up?
(11:14:13 PM) Gerhal: I swear, when I GM I don't have enough brain left to play my own character.
(11:14:23 PM) Miriam: It's tough.
(11:15:03 PM) ***Gerhal Vargas points and throws an acid dart.
(11:15:17 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+6-4
(11:15:18 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 13:11+6-4
(11:15:23 PM) Gerhal: And he still hits.
(11:15:34 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d6+4
(11:15:34 PM) Emprah: Gerhal: 8:4+4
(11:15:58 PM) Gerhal: The acid burns a small hole in the mummy's chest.
(11:16:08 PM) Gerhal: Ibram's turn!
(11:16:08 PM) Miriam: Probably killing him.
(11:18:55 PM) Serribon: (*ping*)
(11:19:27 PM) Miriam: Pong.
(11:19:31 PM) Gerhal: pong
(11:19:36 PM) Acadia: pong?
(11:19:38 PM) Serribon: (ok, good)
(11:19:52 PM) Marauder_shields: okay
(11:20:00 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:20:00 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 25:6+19
(11:20:03 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:20:04 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 37:18+19
(11:20:13 PM) Miriam: threat?
(11:20:14 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:20:14 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 34:20+14
(11:20:18 PM) Marauder_shields: that one is
(11:20:20 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:20:22 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 33:19+14
(11:20:22 PM) Miriam: woot.
(11:20:23 PM) Marauder_shields: confirm
(11:20:33 PM) Marauder_shields: I don't think you can get improved crit until 12th level right?
(11:20:46 PM) Miriam: In the words of Captain America: Put the hammer down.
(11:20:52 PM) Gerhal: He slices. He dices. He julianes.
(11:20:53 PM) Miriam: Yeah.
(11:21:07 PM) Marauder_shields: (I take it the guy dies?)
(11:21:23 PM) Gerhal: You might be able to kill that dude, and the stone trapped one with that set.
(11:21:43 PM) Acadia: (There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that.)
(11:21:46 PM) Marauder_shields: (Oh no, ibram has improved crit now)
(11:22:06 PM) Miriam: (Heh.)
(11:22:07 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(11:22:08 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 12:5+7
(11:22:09 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d8+7
(11:22:10 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 11:4+7
(11:22:13 PM) Gerhal: (hehe, Avengers is fair game for discussion right? Nobody here is afraid of spoilers?)
(11:22:27 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 2d6
(11:22:28 PM) Miriam: Rivet hasn't seen it.
(11:22:28 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 4
(11:22:33 PM) Marauder_shields: so uh
(11:22:43 PM) Gerhal: 2 strikes, and #6 is down
(11:22:48 PM) Marauder_shields: 31 damage to that, and..
(11:22:50 PM) Gerhal: Crit remaining for distribution.
(11:22:59 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 2d8+14
(11:22:59 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 23:9+14
(11:23:05 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d6
(11:23:05 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 5
(11:23:08 PM) Marauder_shields: ,roll 1d10
(11:23:08 PM) Emprah: Marauder_shields: 5
(11:23:15 PM) Marauder_shields: 43 damage to the other
(11:23:21 PM) Gerhal: That's a two-fer.
(11:23:25 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> *is a damage monster, but only to a single target*
(11:23:30 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Nrrrgh>"
(11:23:44 PM) Serribon: (I fear no man! Or spoilers!)
(11:23:54 PM) Gerhal: Ibram is a whirlwind of flaming steel and cuts down two mummies. This leaves only Friend Mummy.
(11:24:17 PM) Serribon: "That could have been worse, I suppose."
(11:24:22 PM) Miriam: Friend Mummy looks at the party and smiles a stupid, happy smile, because he helped!
(11:24:34 PM) Miriam: "Leave that one for a bit! The talisman works all day."
(11:24:43 PM) Miriam: "And we have a lot of temple to explore."
(11:24:52 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "All right, move along then."
(11:25:07 PM) Gerhal: Perfect Caffination lasts for only another minute or so, and then the world returns to normal time.
(11:25:13 PM) ***Miriam comes back from exploring the door and hefts her backpack. "Friend mummy, please carry this for me? Thank you."
(11:25:19 PM) Gerhal is now known as Vargas
(11:25:42 PM) Miriam: So, DM, are you content to let this temple go to a different DM next week, or what?
(11:25:48 PM) ***Vargas pulls a dart out of his pant leg. "That was nuts. Is everyone okay?"
(11:25:52 PM) Serribon: (http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/muggy-mum-mummy.html)
(11:26:01 PM) Vargas: (I am content to leg somebody else take over this temple)
(11:26:03 PM) ***Acadia looks around before shifting back into gnome-form. Then sits on the floor next to Petite.
(11:26:16 PM) Vargas: (Go figure, I planned 2 nights worth of material)
(11:26:33 PM) Vargas: (But that's okay.)
(11:26:42 PM) Miriam: You can run a second in a row, or you can let someone else put a chapter in the middle.
(11:26:45 PM) Vargas: "Is anyone severely injured?"
(11:26:56 PM) Serribon: "I've been better."
(11:26:56 PM) Miriam: And we can get three weeks worth of XP and loots out of this bad boy.
(11:26:57 PM) Vargas: (I will save my 2nd bit for later)
(11:27:17 PM) Serribon: "That first wave got me by surprise."
(11:27:43 PM) Acadia: Acadia looks a bit ragged. And in a little bit of shock.
(11:28:09 PM) Miriam: "A little bit odd," says Miriam, returning to the device in the midde. "And we're still stuck in here." She doesn't seem to be really thinking about the door problem, though. She's looking up at the device and pondering.
(11:28:27 PM) ***Vargas goes over to Acadia, and slowly places his hand on her shoulder. He's cautious about it to avoid spooking her. "Here, this will help you feel better."
(11:28:40 PM) Vargas: ,roll 3d8+5 (healing)
(11:28:40 PM) Emprah: Vargas, (healing): 22:17+5
(11:29:48 PM) Vargas: "Use your healing resources while you have them, everyone. Don't forget the lesson of the battle with the goblins of Rainy Town."
(11:30:01 PM) ***Acadia looks up at Vargas, still stunned. She mumbles some kind of acknowledgment while she looks around the room at the dead mummies and the crew.
(11:30:11 PM) Serribon: "I've never seen walking dead like this before - who makes mummies just to sic them on people?"
(11:30:17 PM) ***Vargas asks, "Are you okay?"
(11:31:02 PM) Miriam: On closer inspection, DM, are they human mummies or lizardfolk mummies?
(11:31:09 PM) Vargas: Lizard folk.
(11:31:36 PM) Vargas: With enough tinkering, it is possible to reset the room and reopen the doors.
(11:31:57 PM) ***Miriam looks back over her shoulder. "They were probably subjects of some sort to this place or its master. Preserved for an eternity of service."
(11:32:15 PM) ***Miriam looks up at the device again. "Vargas, do you think we can take this with us?"
(11:32:50 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Can I get a bit of healing? Just a bit, mind."
(11:32:54 PM) ***Vargas turns toward Miriam. "Hmm? Take what?"
(11:33:13 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Why do people make mummies, though? Preserved for service, yes, but they're vile and violent."
(11:33:33 PM) Miriam: "This device that repaired the mummies. It's could be useful, or at least interesting to study, yes?"
(11:33:33 PM) ***Acadia nods. "We'll be okay. But you people find some strange places."
(11:33:34 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Wouldn't traps suffice, without being so unnatural and awful?"
(11:33:36 PM) Vargas: "Serribon should use his gloves on the next most wounded person. Miriam can take over with the greatest wounds after that."
(11:33:57 PM) Serribon: I have the gloves now?
(11:34:14 PM) Vargas: (Yes. Miriam has Lay of Hands now. So we have the 2nd set to you.)
(11:34:25 PM) Serribon: (Ok. These are the Heal Light ones?)
(11:34:36 PM) Acadia: "I can heal some."
(11:34:37 PM) Vargas: (No. Cure Serious.)
(11:34:43 PM) Vargas: "Oh?"
(11:34:46 PM) Serribon: (ah. how many/day?)
(11:34:53 PM) Serribon: (been a while since I had to track them)
(11:34:55 PM) Vargas: (3d8+5, once per day for these gloves)
(11:35:18 PM) Serribon: (next-most would be myself, I think)
(11:35:33 PM) Serribon: (Ibby took no damage, I'm down, like, 30)
(11:35:57 PM) Miriam: Acadia has a little something-something for you.
(11:36:33 PM) Vargas: "Work your resources out. Let me take a look at this device."
(11:36:44 PM) Vargas: (brief afk on my part while V looks over the machine.)
(11:36:49 PM) Acadia: (Who needs most healing, Serri?)
(11:36:57 PM) Serribon: "These are only good for one shot a day. Might be smart to save them for a real emergency."
(11:37:06 PM) Serribon: (Yeah, me)
(11:38:02 PM) Serribon: (or maybe Acadia. How badly are you still damaged after the first heal shot?)
(11:38:20 PM) Acadia: (at 64, currently)
(11:38:38 PM) Serribon: (out of?)
(11:38:43 PM) Acadia: (92)
(11:38:48 PM) Marauder_shields: (Ibby took just a bit)
(11:38:52 PM) Marauder_shields: (from the darts)
(11:39:22 PM) Serribon: "I will survive for now. You should help yourself."
(11:41:08 PM) ***Miriam looks to Serribon. "Both of you take your medicine, early and often. You do us more good at full strength than waffling on death's doorstep in the middle of a fight, just trying to stay alive."
(11:41:33 PM) ***Acadia nods. She sits back down on the floor in meditation position and closes her eyes. As she regulates her breath, you notice a small symbol tattood on her left temple begins to glow. As its light shines brighter, her bleeding begins to subside, and her cuts begin to fuse one more into healthy skin. The light fades as she opens her eyes.
(11:41:39 PM) Serribon: "Yeah, yeah. Figured out how we're getting out of here yet?"
(11:41:47 PM) Serribon: (the door is still sealed, isn't it?)
(11:42:02 PM) Vargas: (Miriam reset the room)
(11:42:11 PM) ***Miriam taps a block with her foot, and the room shifts, and lifts, and the doors open.
(11:42:13 PM) Marauder_shields: (Hey, what was my old max health? I can't find my character sheet atm which is odd)
(11:42:14 PM) Miriam: "We're good."
(11:42:45 PM) Miriam: Ibram: 116 at level 11
(11:42:46 PM) ***Serribon rests his gloved hand on his heart and absorbs the healing energy.
(11:42:48 PM) Acadia: ,roll 3d8+9
(11:42:48 PM) Emprah: Acadia: 28:19+9
(11:42:59 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d8+5
(11:43:00 PM) Emprah: Serribon: 21:16+5
(11:43:07 PM) Vargas: "I think we can extract the device from the dias. But it will need to wait until tomorrow, or I'm going to need to use my ring for today."
(11:43:07 PM) Marauder_shields: (Okay 116 then)
(11:43:23 PM) Marauder_shields: (Yeah my cahracter sheet was on my laptop which was off)
(11:44:08 PM) Acadia: (woohoo full health)
(11:44:19 PM) Miriam: "We can get it on the way out. I have this room under control, I think."
(11:44:43 PM) ***Vargas is totally sorry his back was turned, and did not notice the depth of Acadia's healing ability. Oh well. He'll learn later.
(11:46:10 PM) Vargas: "Getting this thing out is going to be interesting. I'll explain later when we come back for it."
(11:46:25 PM) Miriam: "Right. Deeper in we go, then?"
(11:46:29 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Okay. Sounds good."
(11:46:48 PM) Miriam: Serribon, Spellcraft?
(11:46:51 PM) ***Vargas uses the a pearl to restore his Magic Missile spell for the day.
(11:47:04 PM) Vargas: "I have enough magic to continue."
(11:47:12 PM) Serribon: (hm?)
(11:47:33 PM) Miriam: Do you have it? If so, roll it.
(11:47:49 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7 (spellcraft)
(11:47:49 PM) Emprah: Serribon, (spellcraft): 10:3+7
(11:48:43 PM) Miriam: "Right. We'll continue, then. Question is, which way? Methinks we should press through this room to the next. Clearly, this was a high value area of the temple."
(11:49:14 PM) Miriam: Serribon, you've never seen anyone cast divine spells involving tattoos before. That's pretty cool.
(11:49:43 PM) Acadia: Acadia and Petite are discussing the events that just transpired and the weirdness of all this.
(11:50:07 PM) ***Vargas kneels over a mummy just before the head heads out. "I agree with that assessment."
(11:50:09 PM) ***Serribon is rubbish at analyzing magic. It's magic - technical minutae don't interest him too much.
(11:50:14 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "I can alway fight on. And high value? Maybe. Or just a good choke point."
(11:50:45 PM) Vargas: "I imagine the priest quarters are behind this area."
(11:51:23 PM) Miriam: "Well, on we go, then."
(11:51:35 PM) ***Vargas asks Ibram, "Should we say a prayer for these unhallowed dead? Or burn them when we leave?"
(11:51:48 PM) ***Miriam will take point into the rest of the dungeon, since this is apparently a trappish place.
(11:51:53 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "Pfft, do I look religious to you?"
(11:51:56 PM) ***Vargas is asking Ibram since he's a fellow Herzlander.
(11:52:18 PM) Vargas: (I will leave what happens next to next week's GM)
(11:52:27 PM) ***Serribon lets her do that and drops back to watch the rear.
(11:52:29 PM) Marauder_shields: <ibram> "That being said. Burn them. They're gross."
(11:52:52 PM) Serribon: Has the mist flowed back in here, or is my vapor barrier still working?
(11:53:00 PM) Miriam: "We can get around to that later. Let them lie, for now."
(11:53:15 PM) Miriam: And with that, I need to hit the hay, fellers.
(11:53:21 PM) Vargas: The vapor tent barrier works well enough for now.
(11:53:28 PM) Vargas: It seeps, just slowly.
(11:54:10 PM) Serribon: (night, man)
(11:55:00 PM) Miriam: Good night. Y'all be thinking about who wants to run next week. Vargas has another encounter for this dungeon, but this is the sort of scenario where almost anyone can contribute a chamber's worth of module.
(11:55:29 PM) Miriam is now known as Ancient
(11:55:35 PM) nacht: (ditto. night folks)
(11:55:35 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(11:56:22 PM) Gerhal: Aside from the dart trap being way, way too much math that encounter worked like I expected.
(11:56:22 PM) nacht left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(11:56:24 PM) Gerhal: So I am quite happy.
(11:56:45 PM) Marauder_shields: It was a good encounter
(11:56:50 PM) Marauder_shields: and I could definitely do a cool chamber
(11:56:56 PM) Marauder_shields: we have permission to do demons now right?
(11:57:04 PM) Gerhal: Yeah.
(11:57:04 PM) Ancient: Run 'em by me first.
(11:57:06 PM) Acadia: Yes. Very fun. I'll work on my math skills for next time.
(11:58:02 PM) Gerhal: I have some suggestions for some stuff to look into, Harmonia.
(11:58:22 PM) Gerhal: You might want to look into Wild armor to give yourself more durability while Wild Shaping.
(11:58:37 PM) Gerhal: The AC bonus from Wild armor persisted while shape shifted.
(11:58:49 PM) Ancient: Poor Harmonia. She has to study for her Aerial final next week. 0.o
(11:59:05 PM) ***Ancient is out.
(11:59:09 PM) Ancient left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving).
(11:59:47 PM) Acadia: That would be quite helpful, and I will take all the suggestions you have for me.
(12:02:10 AM) Gerhal: Oh wow, Wild is very expensive as far as enchants go. I don't know if you could afford it yet.
(12:02:34 AM) Acadia: Yeah, I was trying to think why I didn't have it already. That's probably the reason.
(12:02:39 AM) Gerhal: Long term, as a druid, you'll want to get Dragonhide armor, and shield.
(12:02:54 AM) Gerhal: That would be the best base material that doesn't conflict with your druid powers.
(12:02:55 AM) Acadia: And shield?
(12:03:34 AM) Gerhal: Druids are proficient with wooden / dragonhide shields. And those can be made Wild too.
(12:04:06 AM) Acadia: Fascinating. Okay, I'll keep these things in mind as we adventure. For now I guess I'll have to make due.
(12:04:16 AM) Acadia: But I'm not dead, so that's good.
(12:04:32 AM) Gerhal: nodnod. It was a tough situation in closed quarters.
(12:05:08 AM) Acadia: Yep. I have plenty to learn about playing a druid tactically.
(12:05:10 AM) Gerhal: Normally, I would have V do more. But it's not fair to use my own dude to solve my encounters.
(12:05:19 AM) Acadia: right
(12:07:34 AM) Marauder_shields: pish
(12:07:35 AM) Marauder_shields: tactics
(12:07:39 AM) Marauder_shields: Ibram just kills things
(12:07:58 AM) Gerhal: Ibram is a killing machine until you throw a mobility challenge at him. =)
(12:12:12 AM) Acadia: haha. I have noticed.
(12:13:27 AM) Serribon: Whereas Serri is good a moving to get himself in trouble.
(12:14:31 AM) Acadia: That seems a little less practical.
(12:15:02 AM) Serribon: this is true
(12:15:44 AM) Acadia: This seems to be a pretty diverse group
(12:18:22 AM) Serribon: necessity of the campaign structure, partly. With one of the roles being tied up when its play takes over DMing, we've all had to spread our focus a bit.
(12:18:38 AM) Acadia: I see
(12:21:36 AM) Gerhal: Specialization is king, but it never pays to be too narrow.
(12:21:55 AM) Gerhal: We used to have 2 rogue types, but Hisham left the game.
(12:22:00 AM) Gerhal: So Miriam is our only rogue.
(12:22:42 AM) Gerhal: Our biggest weakest thus far has been a lack of healing magic.
(12:22:52 AM) Gerhal: No divine casters of significance.
(12:23:15 AM) Acadia: Ahh gotcha. Well, hopefully nacht will even that out a bit when he gets in
(12:23:20 AM) Gerhal: I'm off to bed.
(12:23:23 AM) Gerhal: Night all.
(12:23:30 AM) Gerhal left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.88.2 [Firefox 12.0/20120420145725]).
(12:25:45 AM) Acadia: It's about that time for me, as well. Til next time!
(12:31:50 AM) Serribon: see you
(03:00:24 AM) The account has disconnected and you are no longer in this chat. You will be automatically rejoined in the chat when the account reconnects.

06MAY12

Clockwork Rivet