06SEP10


(07:04:57 PM) #beyondshadowrun: The topic for #beyondshadowrun is: Your money and your life!
(07:05:03 PM) D_M: All right--OMG.
(07:05:24 PM) D_M: Setup, Rivet, as the world flickers. It's been a day or two since yesterday's whump.
(07:06:14 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(07:06:29 PM) * * * Serribon is tailing along with some group or other as they undergo the order's rigorous PT regimen.
(07:06:46 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * finishes up a last horseshoe and sets it to cool as he grabs his gobags*
(07:08:01 PM) D_M: The world flickers with the usual faint whumping sound. There are no real cluse.
(07:08:03 PM) D_M: clues.
(07:08:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Sighs and grabs her bag, her armor melting into an travel dress
(07:08:22 PM) * * * Vargas thinks. "How interesting."
(07:09:46 PM) * * * Vargas prepared tea for the others again.
(07:09:50 PM) * * * Serribon slows to a jog and waits, watching the monks receding into the distance.
(07:09:51 PM) * * * Vargas collects the flasks.
(07:10:10 PM) D_M: Whum--fiz-screeeeeee--Each of you experiences the world frozen in double vision for a moment, out of focus--eeeeeee--Pop. It snaps back into motion.
(07:10:19 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Oof."
(07:10:55 PM) Serribon: "That doesn't bode well..."
(07:11:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Ugh."
(07:11:08 PM) * * * Hisham shakes his head. "Never can quite get used to it, can I..."
(07:11:15 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(I wonder if it is possible to stop time, instead of just move through it. But then, how would I move through air?)
(07:11:34 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(How would I breathe?)
(07:11:49 PM) Vargas: (Did we jump locations yet?)
(07:12:25 PM) D_M: Whump!--Daylight, an open city, bustling--
(07:12:26 PM) D_M: Whump!--Indoors, stone building, warm--
(07:12:26 PM) D_M: Whump!--A jungle, giant fern fronds overhead--
(07:12:26 PM) D_M: Whump!--THUD! You all crash into a wall in a jail cell.
(07:12:42 PM) * * * Vargas thunks.
(07:12:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Ow... That was... Oww..."
(07:13:06 PM) Serribon: "Ooof."
(07:13:07 PM) * * * Vargas looks around the cell. "Is Hisham here? This is his fault I wager."
(07:13:18 PM) D_M: Whump. You are each back home
(07:13:22 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * sighs*
(07:13:28 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "This is bloody annoying."
(07:13:44 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Very unstable this time.)
(07:13:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "...." * She sighs and flops on her bedroll
(07:14:08 PM) D_M: WHUMP! DOOOOO--rrrreeeeeeeessssscccsscccss--OONNG!
(07:14:52 PM) D_M: A large jail. You stand in the central administrative space, surrounded by jail cells.
(07:15:26 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "..." * Sits up and looks around
(07:15:27 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * sighs, trying to lean on a wall for a moment, all those jumps doing bad things to his stomach*
(07:15:32 PM) Vargas: (what are in the cells? Are there any guards? Is it lit?)
(07:15:50 PM) D_M: They are mostly unoccupied, but two guards sit on a bench nearby, and a young human woman with close-cut hair and boyish clothes sits on a cot in one of them. These three individuals are staring at you in disbelief. Init.
(07:15:51 PM) * * * Hisham looks around and absorbs his surroundings. "Another bloody jail cell?"
(07:16:05 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+7: (19)+ 7 = 26
(07:16:09 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(07:16:10 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 11
(07:16:10 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20: (14) = 14
(07:16:13 PM) Vargas: 13 init
(07:16:13 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 8.
(07:16:39 PM) Exterminatus: 10
(07:17:09 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+9: (8)+ 9 = 17
(07:17:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 5.
(07:17:15 PM) D_M: Hisham, 17.
(07:17:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: 8
(07:18:10 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20 (Test)
(07:18:24 PM) Hisham: (doh. i really need to get my own dice roller)
(07:18:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: (what program are you using to connect?
(07:18:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: )
(07:18:54 PM) Hisham: (keep forgetting to get it set up. Trillian astra.)
(07:19:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Don't have one for astra)
(07:19:48 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are in a twenty-by-twenty space. Three "walls" are metal-cage jail cells, backed by the outer bulkhead of stone. The fourth wall is stone, with a single strong door. The guards sit on a bench to the left of the door. They have been playing a dice game on the floor.
(07:19:48 PM) D_M: Their weapons sit next to them, and they are reaching for them.
(07:19:48 PM) D_M: You are ten feet from the cells to the north, east, and south, and ten feet from the door to the west.
(07:20:15 PM) Serribon: (you can snag the dice servitor and have it running in a matter of seconds http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Servitor_Bot)
(07:20:25 PM) Serribon: (just unpack and run, no installer or anything)
(07:21:18 PM) Serribon: (so about 10 feet from the guards, or are they on the other side of the cells or door?)
(07:21:53 PM) D_M: They are in the administrative space with you, about 12 feet from you.
(07:21:59 PM) Serribon: (nm.)
(07:22:32 PM) Serribon: (I could move and snag one of their weapons, but not both, right?)
(07:23:32 PM) D_M: You could attempt to grab their weapons, yes, though you'll face an opposed dex check, -10 to take them both on with one roll.
(07:24:26 PM) DiscoBot [DiscoBot@99-89-32-203.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net] entered the room.
(07:24:35 PM) * * * Serribon steps back and holds his hands out to his sides, "Hold there, please."
(07:24:48 PM) Hisham: (ok, awesome.)
(07:25:04 PM) Serribon: ,dice 1d20+5
(07:25:33 PM) Vargas: ,roll
(07:25:36 PM) Vargas: Not dice
(07:25:44 PM) Serribon: (ah, right - been a while)
(07:25:52 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20
(07:25:52 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+5 (just testing it)
(07:25:52 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 3
(07:25:53 PM) DiscoBot: Serribon, (just testing it): 9:4+5
(07:26:20 PM) D_M: Serribon delays. Sorry to be unclear, you are all here. Serribon had the first action. Hisham, we're still in bullet time. They're going for their weapons.
(07:26:47 PM) Hisham: (Can HIsham rush up and sleight of hand it from them since they're flatfooted?)
(07:27:06 PM) Hisham: (or would it be a disarm check at this point?)
(07:27:23 PM) Serribon: (think it's still a snatch until they get their actions)
(07:27:58 PM) D_M: You can try Sleight of Hand, Hisham, vs their Dex. It's still -10 to try both at once.
(07:28:33 PM) D_M: Note, they go next, so...
(07:28:39 PM) * * * Hisham is bold! He'll try to snag them both.
(07:28:43 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+10-10
(07:28:43 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 8:8+10-10
(07:28:49 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d6
(07:28:49 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 5
(07:28:51 PM) Hisham: (AP)
(07:28:55 PM) D_M: 13 total.
(07:29:01 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+2: (3)+ 2 = 5
(07:29:04 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+2: (20)+ 2 = 22
(07:29:07 PM) D_M: Heh.
(07:30:02 PM) D_M: You move into position and grab one of their swords, the one nearer the door. The one in the corner, between the wall and the cell bars, grabs his sword, hollering, "INTRUDERS!" and slashes at Hisham.
(07:30:05 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+6: (2)+ 6 = 8
(07:30:09 PM) D_M: Miss.
(07:30:11 PM) D_M: Vargas.
(07:30:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Well, this is going to be stupid."
(07:30:45 PM) Vargas: Is there an angle to color spray one or two in these quarters?
(07:30:56 PM) * * * Hisham stumbles as he grabs as many swords as he can, narrowly ducking under the guard's slash.
(07:31:39 PM) D_M: Vargas, they are still grouped together in the corner. Hisham has moved against the door. You can nail the two guards without clipping him.
(07:31:54 PM) * * * Vargas unleashes a color spray.
(07:31:57 PM) Vargas: (dc 16 will)
(07:32:51 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+2: (6)+ 2 = 8
(07:32:55 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+3: (2)+ 3 = 5
(07:33:01 PM) D_M: 3HD each.
(07:33:05 PM) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells---final/color-spray
(07:33:12 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d4: 3
(07:33:19 PM) Vargas: Blind, stunned for 3 rounds.
(07:33:23 PM) Vargas: Then stunned for 1.
(07:33:47 PM) Vargas: "No need for violence, gentlemen."
(07:33:48 PM) D_M: The other one drops his sword as they both recoil and cover their eyes, crying out. Ibram.
(07:34:56 PM) * * * Serribon steps forward and snatches up the dropped sword.
(07:35:03 PM) Serribon: (using my delay)
(07:35:29 PM) D_M: Very good, Serriberri. Ibram?
(07:35:46 PM) Hisham: "They got off a warning. Check the door and see if we're expecitng company."
(07:35:58 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "That's enough boys. We've got you dead to rights if we want you... but I think there's really no need. This was all an accident."
(07:36:11 PM) D_M: Delay. Cassandra? Delay for RP?
(07:36:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Stands up and draws her rapier, "Uh, yeah..."
(07:36:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: No, she was prone and unarmed, fixing that
(07:37:03 PM) D_M: The woman in her cell goes, "Oh my GOD," as we slip out of bullet time. Hisham, you're standing by the door, actually. Reflex save.
(07:38:02 PM) D_M: Hisham, reflex save.
(07:38:25 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+8
(07:38:26 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 22:14+8
(07:38:47 PM) Vargas: (Would it be too cliche if I pretended to blow smoke off my finger?)
(07:39:26 PM) Serribon: (no, but it would make vargas look insane since there's no such thing as gunslingers. =) )
(07:39:39 PM) D_M: Vargas blows smoke off his finger--and bursts into a fit of coughing as the door bursts open and Hisham does a backflip out of its way. A huge orc bursts in and roars at you, brandishing a huge axe!
(07:40:11 PM) D_M: Serribon!
(07:40:12 PM) * * * Vargas hacks in surprise.
(07:40:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Maybe if he cast burning hands it would be less crazy)
(07:40:29 PM) Serribon: (is the orc in uniform like the guards?)
(07:40:41 PM) D_M: After a fashion.
(07:40:49 PM) Hisham: (THOG RUN OUT OF ICE CREAM)
(07:41:12 PM) D_M: (Thog was trying to eat his icecream, maybe, and you interrupted him.)
(07:41:26 PM) Vargas: (If Thog kills Hisham, I say we recruit Thog in his place.)
(07:41:44 PM) Hisham: "Get the ugly one off my back, I'm gonna knock out the others before they come to their senses!"
(07:42:05 PM) Serribon: "It is going to be like this all day, isn't it?" He advances, drawing his greatsword, and slashes at the orc.
(07:42:08 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (1)+ 10 = 11
(07:42:19 PM) Serribon: (and fails miserably. typical)
(07:42:22 PM) Vargas: (Traitordice)
(07:43:33 PM) D_M: Serribon misses. The doorway is on Thog's west face. Serribon is on Thog's south face. Hisham is on Thog's east face. The rest of the party is east of Hisham. The two guards are flailing around beside Serribon, senseless. Hisham, your go.
(07:44:10 PM) * * * Hisham drops his stolen sword and punches at the nearest senseless guard.
(07:44:25 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+6
(07:44:29 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 22:16+6
(07:44:29 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+6
(07:44:29 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 14:8+6
(07:44:31 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d3+2d6+2
(07:44:33 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 14:2+10+2
(07:44:36 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d3+2d6+2
(07:44:37 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 11:3+6+2
(07:46:20 PM) Vargas: Ping? Did I lose conn?
(07:46:21 PM) D_M: Hisham's first blow is a sock to the Thog's chin--NOT the throat-shot Hisham had intended, as Thog dodges uncannily. The second punch stops cold against his robust chest. 4 damage.
(07:46:35 PM) Hisham: (Oh, i'm going for the stunned guys.)
(07:46:37 PM) Vargas: (He wasn't punching Thog)
(07:46:53 PM) D_M: Ooooh, then I just gave something away that I didn't intend.
(07:46:55 PM) Hisham: (Trying to knock them out before the stun wears off, since they get my sneaks.)
(07:47:12 PM) D_M: You knock the first one out with your second shot.
(07:47:32 PM) * * * Hisham will 5-foot step out of Thog's way, preferably closer to the other stunned guard.
(07:48:03 PM) D_M: It took a five foot step, though, to Serribon's east face, to be within reach of the stunned guards. You're still in Thog's reach for a moment, though he's distracted.
(07:48:47 PM) D_M: Though is now east of the door, serribon south of thog, the guards south of Serribon, and Hisham east of Serribon. Thog kicks the door shut and takes a swing at Serribon with his axe.
(07:48:56 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+12: (20)+ 12 = 32
(07:49:00 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+12: (9)+ 12 = 21
(07:49:03 PM) D_M: Confirm?
(07:49:15 PM) Vargas: (Damn, Serribon. Are you wearing a crit magnet?)
(07:49:30 PM) Serribon: (would appear so. and confirmed)
(07:49:33 PM) D_M: (Hisham, what's the command to roll on the bot?)
(07:50:09 PM) * * * D_M rolls 3d12+18: (1 7 12)+ 18 = 38
(07:50:15 PM) D_M: 38 damage.
(07:50:19 PM) Hisham: (,roll 1d20)
(07:50:25 PM) D_M: Test:
(07:50:27 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(07:50:28 PM) DiscoBot: D_M: 13
(07:50:39 PM) D_M: Good good. I'll roll on that from now on.
(07:50:53 PM) D_M: Vargas, go.
(07:51:02 PM) Vargas: (Does Serri drop?)
(07:51:14 PM) * * * Serribon sprays blood messily, but is still standing.
(07:51:15 PM) D_M: Nah, everyone's at full HP at the start of this fight.
(07:51:30 PM) Serribon: (we had two weeks to recover before whumping home)
(07:51:51 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Damn, somebody's a badass.) He casts grease in the corner to catch just Thog.
(07:51:55 PM) Vargas: (dc 17 ref)
(07:52:44 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+4: (17)+ 4 = 21
(07:52:49 PM) D_M: Wait!
(07:52:52 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(07:52:52 PM) DiscoBot: D_M: 18:14+4
(07:52:54 PM) Hisham: (are there rules about using potions on others, or does the imbiber need to use his own action?)
(07:52:57 PM) D_M: I promised. Oh well.
(07:53:15 PM) Hisham: (still needs to balance, so he's flatfooted.)
(07:53:16 PM) D_M: (You can pour a potion down an unconscious guy's throat, but they can't be used offensively.)
(07:53:38 PM) Hisham: (if he's still conscious? can i use my turn to give Serribon a heal?)
(07:53:48 PM) Serribon: (I'm still up and about.)
(07:53:51 PM) D_M: Ibrm, you're up.
(07:54:09 PM) D_M: Serribon has a deep cut, but it isn't into anything vital. He's still fully functional.
(07:54:21 PM) Vargas: (Unleash the beast with your DPS, Hisham. Serri and Ib can take it)
(07:54:55 PM) Serribon: (actually, I can't take that much more. one or two typical hits at present)
(07:55:12 PM) Serribon: (that was still a significant portion of my HP)
(07:55:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * closes in, sweeping his longsword out of his gobag without even a second thought. It's a nonfatal blow, striking high across the orc's toothy maw*
(07:55:45 PM) D_M: Vargas, help me out with Grease. I'm reading that he's only flatfooted if he tries to move and fails. What am I missing?
(07:55:46 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 12.
(07:56:11 PM) Exterminatus: That hits a 5+1+1+12
(07:56:16 PM) Exterminatus: 19
(07:56:27 PM) Exterminatus: that hit the orc?
(07:56:51 PM) D_M: That hits if it includes the penalty for striking non-lethal.
(07:56:57 PM) Hisham: (oh, you're right. as long as he doesn't budget, he doesnt have to make acrobaics checks and he's not flatfooted.)
(07:56:57 PM) Exterminatus: (I'm subtracting 4 for going nownfatal, so yes)
(07:57:01 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 4.
(07:57:04 PM) Vargas: (re-checking)
(07:57:14 PM) Hisham: (er, doesn't budge)
(07:57:26 PM) Exterminatus: Damage is 14
(07:57:43 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * swinging the longsword two handed, since as usual he didn't have time to put his armor on. Grr*
(07:58:12 PM) Exterminatus: (And this is why when people complain about PCs wearing their armor to the library I just laugh.)
(07:58:18 PM) D_M: 14 it is. Cassandra. You have Ibram between you and the Orc. South of Ibram, Hisham. South of the Orc, Serribon.
(07:58:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: Can't get to the orc?
(07:58:59 PM) D_M: If you go around to the north side, you can.
(07:59:13 PM) Serribon: (but you may have to go through the grease)
(07:59:15 PM) D_M: Or you can shoot over Ibram's shoulder, for the shooting-into-melee penalty.
(07:59:23 PM) D_M: Correct. Grease is on the north side.
(07:59:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Will do that then, and poke the orc with her rapier
(07:59:29 PM) Vargas: (I think Ancient is correct. The spell has changed since 3.5. Unless he moves, there is no acrobatics attempt and thus no balancing condition.)
(08:00:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: what's the REF check?
(08:00:17 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 12.
(08:00:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: er does a 19 make it?
(08:00:25 PM) Vargas: (Yeah.)
(08:00:26 PM) D_M: V, REF on the Grease--yes.
(08:00:36 PM) D_M: And your attack roll?
(08:00:37 PM) Serribon: (10 to move half-speed through it)
(08:00:48 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Will then cold cock the orc with the butt of her rapier
(08:00:51 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(08:01:01 PM) Captain_Tylor: and miss
(08:01:05 PM) Captain_Tylor: I don't think a 12 will do that
(08:01:30 PM) D_M: Nope.
(08:01:37 PM) D_M: Serribon!
(08:01:48 PM) Exterminatus: (Where's miriam she missed!)
(08:02:03 PM) * * * Serribon brings his sword around in a side-strike.
(08:02:08 PM) Hisham: (if she used her bow, it would've been crit city.)
(08:02:09 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (9)+ 12 = 21
(08:02:11 PM) Vargas: "I don't think you can hold back on this one, guys."
(08:02:12 PM) D_M: (HAH!)
(08:02:27 PM) Serribon: (hit?)
(08:02:28 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "With all due respect sah, go to hell, I'm not killing a cop."
(08:02:29 PM) D_M: 21 hits.
(08:02:39 PM) Vargas: (Isn't Serribon's blade merciful?)
(08:02:47 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 3d6+10: (6 6 6)+ 10 = 28
(08:02:49 PM) Serribon: (it is)
(08:02:52 PM) Exterminatus: (Sure is.)
(08:03:02 PM) D_M: 3d6?
(08:03:18 PM) Vargas: (greatsword plus merciful)
(08:03:30 PM) Serribon: The blade flashes white and passes through the orc, flooding him with non-typed energy that rattles him to the core.
(08:03:39 PM) Hisham: "Well, if he blood rages and runs you through with his axe, don't say we didn't warn you."
(08:03:49 PM) * * * Serribon steps back.
(08:03:55 PM) D_M: Hisham, your move. One more stunned guard. You have to five-foot to reach him.
(08:04:07 PM) D_M: Serribon backs into the guard, who slashes at him randomly.
(08:04:14 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+6: (10)+ 6 = 16
(08:04:18 PM) D_M: Miss.
(08:04:18 PM) Serribon: (isn't he still stunned?)
(08:04:20 PM) * * * Hisham does so, and wails on his with his fists again.
(08:04:24 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+6
(08:04:24 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 16:10+6
(08:04:26 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+6
(08:04:26 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 22:16+6
(08:04:31 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d3+2d6+2
(08:04:31 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 12:3+7+2
(08:04:33 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Bah. I can deal with it."
(08:04:34 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d3+2d6+2
(08:04:34 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 9:1+6+2
(08:04:55 PM) D_M: He's still on his feet, Hisham.
(08:05:05 PM) Hisham: (think he's got 2 more rounds of stun?)
(08:05:11 PM) Vargas: (yeah)
(08:05:13 PM) D_M: Yup.
(08:05:20 PM) Hisham: (k.)
(08:05:36 PM) D_M: Serribon steps out of the orc's reach, so he turns his axe on Ibram, who also hit him.
(08:05:46 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+12: (7)+ 12 = 19
(08:05:52 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+7: (10)+ 7 = 17
(08:06:03 PM) D_M: No hits. Ibram blocks with his shield.
(08:06:11 PM) Exterminatus: Wait I'm armored?
(08:06:23 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * would armor up if he had time but the player was unaware they had time*
(08:06:23 PM) D_M: Oh, wait, you're not, are you.
(08:06:25 PM) D_M: Were either of those hits?
(08:06:31 PM) Exterminatus: yes. both.
(08:06:34 PM) D_M: You have your shield, though.
(08:06:52 PM) Exterminatus: Calcing
(08:06:53 PM) D_M: Still hits?
(08:06:56 PM) Exterminatus: yes
(08:07:00 PM) D_M: O.
(08:07:04 PM) D_M: K.
(08:07:11 PM) Exterminatus: since his armor is most of the defense
(08:07:16 PM) * * * D_M rolls 2d12+12: (7 8)+ 12 = 27
(08:07:23 PM) D_M: Vargas.
(08:08:06 PM) * * * Vargas reaches into his bag, and pulls out a grease scroll which he casts on the ork's axe.
(08:08:44 PM) Vargas: (17 ref, again)
(08:09:38 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(08:09:39 PM) DiscoBot: D_M: 5:1+4
(08:09:58 PM) D_M: His giant axe squirts out of his hands like a wet soap sculpture.
(08:10:00 PM) D_M: Cassandra.
(08:10:04 PM) D_M: No, Ibram.
(08:11:01 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * whips the hilt of the sword up between the orc's COJONES*
(08:11:26 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 14.
(08:11:34 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 1.
(08:13:16 PM) Exterminatus: fuck you dice
(08:13:19 PM) Exterminatus: 11 damage
(08:13:19 PM) D_M: The Orc goes, "OOOoooooo..."
(08:13:19 PM) Exterminatus: (Btw machete was awesome as a mexploitation movie)
(08:13:23 PM) D_M: Serribon. Bear in mind the Orc does not currently threaten anything, for AoO purposes, being unarmed.
(08:13:23 PM) D_M: WAit, I keep forgetting peop.e.
(08:13:23 PM) D_M: Cassy.
(08:13:23 PM) D_M: Then SErribon.
(08:13:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "....You're just going to grab that axe and keep swinging." * She swings with the pointy end of her rapier
(08:13:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(08:13:26 PM) Captain_Tylor: 23 hit?
(08:13:38 PM) D_M: Does.
(08:13:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 17.
(08:13:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: 22 confirm?
(08:13:59 PM) D_M: Does.
(08:14:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(08:14:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d6 dice result is a 5.
(08:14:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: 12 damage
(08:15:19 PM) Serribon: (does he fall from the non-lethal damage?)
(08:15:47 PM) D_M: You stab him right in the neck. DM fiat: technically, he's still in positive HP, less than his nonlethal damage total, but because you felled him with a lethal shot, it represents a critical blow slipping through. He's bleeding out.
(08:16:24 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * fumbles in his bag to get his healing glove, and heals the neck wound shut. If he looks to wake up, he'll coup de grace him with a fist :D*
(08:16:25 PM) D_M: You can save him. End, round time.
(08:16:37 PM) Serribon: (afk for a moment)
(08:16:42 PM) * * * Vargas kicks the axe away from the orc.
(08:16:47 PM) Hisham: (Nonlethal is supposed to work like that. IT's like taking out his 'effective hp'. So punching a guy a million times and then hitting him with a dagger when he's at 1 will put him at dying)
(08:17:07 PM) Vargas: (Interesting.)
(08:17:11 PM) Vargas: (Didn't know that.)
(08:17:18 PM) * * * Hisham uses nearby rope (or his own if available) and ties everyone up.
(08:17:22 PM) D_M: (That's how I do it, anyway.)
(08:17:37 PM) D_M: Hisham, you have to punch the last guard a few more times, but you succeed.
(08:17:40 PM) Exterminatus: (It's like woudns vs. critical damage in dark heresy. With less exploding psykers)
(08:17:46 PM) * * * Vargas will heal Serribon.
(08:17:51 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 6
(08:17:53 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 6
(08:17:53 PM) * * * Hisham cracks his knuckles. Didn't even have to go knife crazy this time.
(08:17:55 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 1
(08:17:57 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 8
(08:17:57 PM) * * * Exterminatus heals himself
(08:17:58 PM) Serribon: (back)
(08:17:59 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 7.
(08:17:59 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d8: 3
(08:18:01 PM) D_M: "Oh my /GOD/," comments the only other person present, the short-haired woman in the cell.
(08:18:04 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 3.
(08:18:06 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 1.
(08:18:08 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 3.
(08:18:13 PM) Vargas: 29 hp for Serribon.
(08:18:16 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * burns out his glove. >:
(08:18:36 PM) Serribon: "Thank you, Vargas."
(08:18:38 PM) Vargas: "Well, that was... unpleasant."
(08:18:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Looks at the woman, "Um, where are we?"
(08:19:03 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * slips his armor on over his leather forging clothes, nodding to the woman as he dragons up*
(08:19:11 PM) * * * Hisham dusts himself off and loots the tied up, unconcious guards. "Was pretty pleasant for most of us. Serribon being the exception, of course."
(08:19:29 PM) Serribon: "I find it difficult to blame him, though."
(08:19:30 PM) D_M: "In the city gaol. What the hell is going on?--Oh my //GOD!//" she says, when Ibram turns around fully dressed, and Serribon joins him.
(08:19:40 PM) Serribon: "Which city?"
(08:19:54 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Speak for yourself."
(08:20:06 PM) * * * Hisham is being extra safe and gags the guards, then drags them into an unoccupied cell.
(08:20:13 PM) * * * Serribon sheaths his blade.
(08:20:23 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "No worries ma'am. S'just armor."
(08:20:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Which god?"
(08:20:35 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * raps the shield reassuringly*
(08:21:26 PM) * * * Hisham murmurs to himself that the woman is rather fond of that phrase.
(08:21:27 PM) D_M: The woman goggles for a moment and then shivers. She looks at Caassandra. "What? It's just a figure of speech. You're in [name of city that had zombie problem]. How did you all get in here? Are you some kind of planar travellers?"
(08:21:33 PM) Hisham: "Planar what now?"
(08:21:51 PM) * * * Vargas answers, "Sort of."
(08:22:01 PM) * * * Hisham is conversing while sizing himself up and comparing his clothing size to the big Orc's.
(08:22:01 PM) * * * Vargas waves his hand in a fuzzy motion.
(08:22:03 PM) * * * Hisham will swap out his exterior clothing for the guards' finery, if he can fit.
(08:22:04 PM) D_M: "Dimension jumpers, I mean. Really? That's awesome!"
(08:22:20 PM) Serribon: "This is [wherever]? Who rules now?"
(08:22:21 PM) D_M: Her common, by the way, is thickly accented, but competent.
(08:22:33 PM) Vargas: "How on earth do you know about planar travel anyhow?"
(08:22:54 PM) D_M: Hisham, you recognize the accent as that of your homeland, but of course, you knew that, because she just said this is the city that had the zombie problem that one whump.
(08:22:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "It is... Complicated."
(08:23:10 PM) D_M: Hisham, you can use the guards' clothes. It fits well enough. Not the big orc's though.
(08:23:17 PM) * * * Vargas is curious a random woman in the goal would know what planar travel was.
(08:23:43 PM) Hisham: "Ibram, want to throw on the big guy's clothing? It might spare us some glances if we look like one of their own."
(08:23:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Checks the monster axe
(08:23:51 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Sure thing."
(08:24:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Hums a detect magic song
(08:24:14 PM) D_M: "The High Regent rules the city, of course. Ha'lad. But of course the god-king rules all the land. You know, if you're new here, you should get a guide.
(08:24:24 PM) D_M: Mundane, Cassy. Not even masterwork. :-(
(08:24:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "What are you in prison for?"
(08:24:49 PM) Hisham: "So the city's in good shape? No catastrophes or anything recently?"
(08:26:42 PM) D_M: "No, no catastrophes or anything, mostly. I'm just in here for shoplifting. But it wasn't serious. Just a cry for attention, 'n' stuff."
(08:27:12 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I let you out. You do some guide work?" * She raises an eyebrow
(08:27:37 PM) * * * Hisham grunts. "You're lucky they didn't chop your hand off for that. Common practice where i'm from."
(08:28:00 PM) Hisham: "I'm working on a plan for us to get out of here. Serr, can you throw on the last guard's clothing?"
(08:28:00 PM) D_M: The girls eyes Hisham. "Like I said, a cry for attention..."
(08:28:07 PM) * * * Serribon turns to Vargas, <celestial> "Was that the regent last time we were here?"
(08:28:12 PM) D_M: "So anyway, sure, I'll do whatever you please, if you'll get me out."
(08:28:19 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Well, stealing is wrong." * he sighs* "Should we let her out boss?"
(08:28:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Looks around for the keys to the cell
(08:28:30 PM) * * * Hisham is untrained in sense motive, and he's a sucker for the pretty lady. Hisham's not even going to bother trying to discern truth from her.
(08:28:41 PM) Vargas: (I don't think Ha'lal was the reagent last time we came here. GM?)
(08:28:52 PM) D_M: (Was not.)
(08:28:56 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+4: (13)+ 4 = 17
(08:28:58 PM) Serribon: (sense motive)
(08:29:07 PM) * * * Vargas shakes his head to Serribon. <different>
(08:29:13 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "What's your name anyway?"
(08:29:15 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 2
(08:29:21 PM) * * * Vargas has no clue how to read his woman.
(08:30:07 PM) Vargas: "More important, what's past that door? Getting out of here with only two or three costumes might be hairy."
(08:30:12 PM) * * * Hisham grabs three sets of wrist shackles from the wall.
(08:30:13 PM) D_M: "My name? Uh... Chari." Serribon, you get the sense she's hiding stuff, and eager to get out.
(08:30:21 PM) * * * Hisham is assuming there are shackles lying around, being a prison and all.
(08:30:31 PM) * * * Serribon has spent some time with a pretty dissembler, her mind tricks will not work on him.
(08:30:52 PM) D_M: Hisham, there are shackles, and shackle keys, but no other keys. Also, there's no lock or latch visible on this side of the heavy door.
(08:30:52 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Honestly I don't need a costume. I'm a prisoner. Put me in some manacles."
(08:30:58 PM) Serribon: "You do realize that if we break you out, your punishment will be much greater than petty theft."
(08:31:22 PM) Serribon: "I do not think we should do that to you."
(08:31:31 PM) D_M: "CRY FOR ATTENTION. Don't worry about it. But if we're going, let's go, all right? There's more trouble coming, I'm' sure."
(08:31:37 PM) Hisham: "I say the three of us wear the guard uniforms. We can stay armed that way. The rest can pretend to be prisoners. I'll try to smooth talk anyone who asks too many quesions."
(08:32:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Sighs as her clothes change to mimic the guard's, "Does this work so I don't have to be a prisoner?"
(08:32:14 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Works for me. A uniform for me since I'm no good without armor, we 'lock up' cassie, Chari, and Vargas here."
(08:32:15 PM) D_M: "Oooh, that's a great idea! You must be the clever one."
(08:32:26 PM) * * * Hisham snorts. "Clever one? Something like that."
(08:32:31 PM) Serribon: <celestial> "I would not do it. She would say anything to escape."
(08:33:00 PM) Serribon: <celestial> "Including using us as a distraction once we are outside."
(08:33:24 PM) Vargas: (How many of us speak celestial?)
(08:33:30 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * just stares at the fancy lads with their fancy talk*
(08:33:32 PM) * * * Hisham isn't cued in with the celestial talk, so he's just doing prep work and examining the door at the moment.
(08:33:55 PM) * * * Hisham speaks draconic though.
(08:34:02 PM) Hisham: (as far as exotic languages go.)
(08:34:05 PM) Serribon: (hopefully, only you and Serri. He can't trust that she doesn't speak elven)
(08:34:22 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * speaks dorf, hunam, and elfsies*
(08:34:27 PM) Vargas: <celestial> "I am inclined to agree with you, Serribon. Though her accent makes her hard to read for me."
(08:34:36 PM) * * * Vargas will pass it on to Hisham in draconic.
(08:34:57 PM) Vargas: (Does Ibram speak Hunan too?)
(08:35:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Hunam? Does he speak Spathi as well?)
(08:35:04 PM) D_M: "Oh, I see how it is. Super secret plans, right?"
(08:35:05 PM) Hisham: <draconic> If Serribon's suspicions are true, then we'll have to knock her out. Can't have her making a ruckus just to spite us.
(08:35:19 PM) Serribon: (heh)
(08:35:25 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Something like that." * he smiles wryly*
(08:35:30 PM) Serribon: "Well, we did just meet you, and you are in jail."
(08:35:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "And I don't trust pretty women."
(08:35:48 PM) Exterminatus: (If she is pretty)
(08:35:50 PM) D_M: "Well, yes, but you just knocked out the guards, so I can help you out of here, or you can do it on your own."
(08:35:54 PM) Exterminatus: if not he just says I don't trust women.
(08:36:07 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I'm not entirely sure what kind of help you're offering."
(08:36:09 PM) D_M: She's a little boyish in her current getup, but you think she might be reasonably pretty if she would girl up.
(08:36:19 PM) D_M: "Aw!" she says to Ibram.
(08:36:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I'm insulted Ibram." * She folds her arms
(08:36:36 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "You're an elf."
(08:36:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "And?"
(08:36:53 PM) Hisham: <draconic> Allies are better than none. Besides, the way the justice system works here, if he tries to turn on us, her captors will just throw her back in jail, or into a harem somewhere.
(08:36:54 PM) D_M: "Whatever kind of help you need! Right? Guide to the city, maybe?"
(08:37:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Elves and dwarves tend to be less jerkbags than humans."
(08:37:02 PM) Hisham: * if she tries to turn on us
(08:37:16 PM) Serribon: "You must not know too many of them, then."
(08:37:16 PM) * * * Vargas translates between Serribon and Hisham.
(08:37:21 PM) Hisham: <draconic> Authorities don't play nice around these parts. No brownie points for being a model prisoner.
(08:37:25 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "That's the worst lie I've ever heard."
(08:37:48 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * blinks at Cassandra*
(08:37:59 PM) D_M: The woman makes her way over to the door and listens against it. "Guys--and gal. Seriously, time's wasting..."
(08:38:01 PM) Serribon: <celes> "Alright, we can bring her. Just keep her on a short leash."
(08:38:17 PM) * * * Hisham nods and unlocks her door cell, then fits her with the shackles, leaving them unlocked.
(08:38:20 PM) Vargas: "Alright, time to play our parts."
(08:38:27 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * sighs, and says* "back away from your cell... aw, I was gonna bust it open."
(08:38:44 PM) * * * Hisham will then try to open up the main door.
(08:38:54 PM) Hisham: (Disable device possible?)
(08:38:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Just sighs and shakes her head, "Are women in the military here? Or do I have to hide that as well?"
(08:39:23 PM) D_M: Hisham, you can try, but you're up against the fact that the door has no mechanisms on this side. It's about a DC 35.
(08:39:32 PM) * * * Hisham searches for simple alarm/noisemaker traps first.
(08:39:32 PM) D_M: Ahem, 40.
(08:39:32 PM) Serribon: (one of the guards was a woman)
(08:39:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: ok
(08:39:44 PM) * * * D_M scratches out 35 and puts 40.
(08:39:49 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+8 (PErception)
(08:39:49 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham, (PErception): 10:2+8
(08:39:50 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * look at the main door thoughtfully* "Any ideas?" * to chari*
(08:39:51 PM) Vargas: "Something wrong, Hisham?"
(08:40:06 PM) D_M: One of the guards was a woman? Um, no!
(08:40:10 PM) Serribon: (I think. Could be mis-remembering the text block)
(08:40:16 PM) D_M: No, all guys.
(08:40:23 PM) Hisham: "Well the way the door is built, someone's gotten open up from the outside. Unless you got something in your magic bag of tricks."
(08:40:37 PM) Vargas: "I do, as a matter of fact."
(08:40:48 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Always do sah." * he chuckles*
(08:40:53 PM) D_M: Hisham takes 20 searching for traps and finds nothing. Hisham, can you beat a DC 40 to open it?
(08:40:59 PM) Exterminatus: Vargas is still girlish right?
(08:41:04 PM) * * * Hisham nods. "Be my guest."
(08:41:06 PM) Vargas: (Right now, yeah)
(08:41:12 PM) Hisham: (Nope. Not even with a take 20.)
(08:41:22 PM) D_M: Moving on, then. Vargas, what's your thought?
(08:41:28 PM) Serribon: (knock, I would guess)
(08:41:37 PM) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells---final/knock
(08:41:49 PM) * * * Vargas uses detect magic on the door to check for enchantments first.
(08:42:02 PM) D_M: No enchantments. Just sturdiness.
(08:42:08 PM) Hisham: (will a caster level check beat it though? DC 40..)
(08:42:14 PM) D_M: All right, make your CL check.
(08:42:20 PM) Vargas: (I don't have the face problem like you do)
(08:42:31 PM) Hisham: (ahhh.)
(08:42:40 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 10
(08:42:46 PM) Vargas: 25
(08:43:00 PM) D_M: Mmm, no. DC 30 from the other side.
(08:43:07 PM) * * * Vargas does something with his gauntlet, and then wraps on the door.
(08:43:14 PM) Vargas: (ap)
(08:43:18 PM) D_M: Do it!
(08:43:20 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 1
(08:43:22 PM) Vargas: aww
(08:43:23 PM) D_M: Bah.
(08:43:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * looks at Vargas* "Would it help if I pushed?"
(08:43:38 PM) D_M: The girl watches you knock on it. "I... don't think that's going to work."
(08:43:49 PM) * * * Hisham thinks for a moment.
(08:43:51 PM) Vargas: "Hmm. Lock is to well crafted for that spell. Pity."
(08:44:18 PM) * * * Hisham checks the food dishes in the cells to try to determine if they've recently been delivered.
(08:44:21 PM) D_M: "Oooh, you must be the magician! You'll want to be careful around here."
(08:44:25 PM) Serribon: "It is not subtle, but we do have an axe..."
(08:44:32 PM) D_M: The only food dish is the girl's and it is pretty recent.
(08:44:33 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * blinks* "How much exactly do you know about us, Chari?"
(08:44:59 PM) Hisham: "They just brought food in for you and the guards, right? Means the gaoler should be coming back soon to pick up the empty bowls."
(08:45:02 PM) D_M: "Every story of adventurers follows certain tropes, you know. There's a clever one, a magic one, a fighting one... you know, the usual."
(08:45:17 PM) D_M: "They'll be back with help pretty soon!" says the girl.
(08:45:20 PM) Serribon: "In hindsight, we should have knocked that orc back to block it."
(08:45:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "....I wonder what one that makes me."
(08:45:40 PM) Vargas: "Well, we can wait for another party or we can just hack the door down."
(08:45:41 PM) D_M: "If you've got no other magic spells, you'd better take it down."
(08:45:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Is the door a push or a pull?)
(08:45:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Probably all of them, Cassie."
(08:45:59 PM) Serribon: (pull, but there's no hardware on this side for us to access)
(08:46:06 PM) * * * Hisham frowns and nods. "Okay. We can't afford to wait too long for the change of the guard."
(08:46:12 PM) D_M: Push, Ben, so that the hinges are on the outside.
(08:46:13 PM) Vargas: (Hey, question)
(08:46:17 PM) D_M: Shoot.
(08:46:25 PM) Captain_Tylor: Ancient figured me out
(08:46:37 PM) Serribon: (well, it * is* a prison)
(08:46:39 PM) Vargas: (You said the orc kicked the door closed when he came in. Doesn't that mean the hinges are on this side?)
(08:46:51 PM) Hisham: (hahaha.)
(08:46:56 PM) Hisham: (Logic prevails!)
(08:47:10 PM) Vargas: (I didn't even read Ben's question before I was typing)
(08:47:27 PM) D_M: Haha, yes, I did, but belay that. That was aesthetic. The door was a 40 because the hinges weren't on this side. Otherwise Hisham would have dissassembled them.
(08:47:39 PM) Vargas: (It's cool.)
(08:47:47 PM) D_M: Heh, good memory, though. Bastard
(08:47:53 PM) D_M: So, attack the door?
(08:48:03 PM) * * * Serribon gets Thog's axe and starts swingin'.
(08:48:14 PM) Vargas: "I have an idea, a quieter one."
(08:48:23 PM) D_M: "Quickly."
(08:48:24 PM) * * * Serribon arrests his swing, spinning in place.
(08:48:32 PM) * * * Hisham sighs and laments that all his Count of Monte Cristo prisonbreak plans are succumbing to the tried and true "axe to the door" method.
(08:48:44 PM) * * * Vargas uses his acid darts.
(08:48:46 PM) D_M: Hisham ducks as Serribon swings over his head.
(08:49:04 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 2
(08:49:06 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 3
(08:49:08 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 1
(08:49:09 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 5
(08:49:11 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 5
(08:49:12 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 4
(08:49:15 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 1
(08:49:15 PM) D_M: Jeeze.
(08:49:17 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d6: 3
(08:49:19 PM) Vargas: Add +2 for each of those.
(08:49:36 PM) Serribon: (how many of those do you get in a day?)
(08:49:43 PM) D_M: You don't need the last two.
(08:49:48 PM) Vargas: (3 + INT mod)
(08:49:54 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Hah."
(08:50:12 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Acid snail, meet acid elf."
(08:50:31 PM) D_M: Vargas spews acid from his hands until he burns through to the latch.
(08:50:38 PM) D_M: It is now a DC 5 to disable device.
(08:50:38 PM) * * * Hisham opens it up with his eyes closed.
(08:50:38 PM) D_M: The woman oggles.
(08:50:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "The acid snail I'm told is why he's a girl now. But..."
(08:50:43 PM) Vargas: "The dryad was very unreasonable."
(08:50:44 PM) * * * Serribon bundles up the guards' weapons and chucks them into an empty cell.
(08:51:01 PM) Hisham: "Okay... time to get out of here. Chari, come up from with me since you know the layout when you came in."
(08:51:05 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Forces of nature tend to be, sah."
(08:51:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I dunno, she seemed nice enough to me. But..." * She shrugs
(08:51:38 PM) D_M: You open the door, and on the other side is an antechamber with a table and a few empty chairs, one of which is lying on its side. In the upper far corner is a copper tube coming down from the ceiling and opening into a bell. From it emits a voice speaking in Hisham's home language, which none of the rest of you speak.
(08:51:48 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * points to the tube* "What's that?"
(08:52:02 PM) * * * Hisham motions for people to 'shhh'.
(08:52:04 PM) D_M: "...you're there, respond. Everything okay? We heard a commotion."
(08:52:15 PM) D_M: Is what it's saying in Hisham's language.
(08:52:15 PM) * * * Vargas looks to Hisham to response.
(08:52:32 PM) D_M: The woman covers her mouth to keep from giggling.
(08:52:39 PM) Captain_Tylor: (As long as Hisham doesn't use the Han Solo responce we should be fine)
(08:52:44 PM) * * * Hisham tries to remember what Thog sounded like and bluffs his way through the conversation. "Everything good! Woman uppity but put her back in line!"
(08:52:47 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(08:52:47 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 14:5+9
(08:52:51 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d6
(08:52:51 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 6
(08:52:54 PM) Hisham: (AP)
(08:52:58 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20: (7) = 7
(08:53:25 PM) D_M: "... All right, well, do you want us to send someone down to help out?"
(08:53:34 PM) Serribon: (You know what you must do.)
(08:54:10 PM) Hisham: "No worries! My backhand all the help Thog will ever need!"
(08:54:38 PM) D_M: "... Thog? Who is Thog?"
(08:54:42 PM) Exterminatus: (Thog keeps his pimp hand strong)
(08:54:50 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Boring conversation anyway..."
(08:54:53 PM) Hisham: (substitute for "all the help I will ever need")
(08:55:12 PM) Hisham: (yeesh, picky. :P )
(08:55:19 PM) D_M: "... Look, let me talk to Tatum. Is Tatum there?"
(08:55:43 PM) * * * Hisham glances around to see if anyone else can bluff with a different voice.
(08:55:44 PM) D_M: The rest of you are welcome to be sneaking out. The woman checks and gestures that the coast is clear.
(08:56:14 PM) Serribon: (nobody else speaks your jibber-jabber)
(08:56:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Will then yes, just start sneaking out, since this doesn't seem to be going well for Hisham, "C'mon...."
(08:56:15 PM) * * * Vargas gives Hisham a gesture that implies Tatum might be umm "busy" with the woman to give him a hint.
(08:56:24 PM) D_M: (And Sorry, Hisham, I just couldn't resist, when you actually said Thog.)
(08:56:30 PM) * * * Vargas then follows the others to get out of here.
(08:56:58 PM) Hisham: "Tatum here, but he... uh... tending to his 'man business' with the woman. Back in an hour, he says."
(08:57:16 PM) D_M: Vargas the girl makes manly thrusting motions at Hisham and then runs for it.
(08:57:26 PM) * * * Serribon legs it.
(08:58:19 PM) D_M: "... All right, that's it. I'm going to kick Tatum's ass. You tell him I'm on my way do--" The sound of a door opening. "Tatum? What are you--" "Intruders!" another voice is saying. "In the jail!"
(08:58:46 PM) * * * Hisham grunts and starts to high tail it. "Boring conversation anyway..."
(08:58:52 PM) D_M: A door clicks shut behind Hisham, and the anteroom is left empty, no one there to hear the curses that come next from the bell.
(08:59:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * follows the group, grumbling*
(08:59:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Will just stealth like a good fantasy Elf (+14 stealth)
(08:59:53 PM) D_M: The woman leads you all into the outside, and along a wall to a corner of the building. You are in a walled-in ward surrounding the jail building, which apparently serves other purposes, judging by the way it towers above you.
(09:00:13 PM) * * * Hisham examines the general lighting of the place and uses his wand of darkness on himself to provide some low-light/dark cover.
(09:00:17 PM) Vargas: "Where next?"
(09:00:19 PM) D_M: Scooby Doo team sneak. The coast is clear! Again! You all book it for the front gate.
(09:00:45 PM) D_M: You are all suddenly in very comfortable indoor light.
(09:00:52 PM) D_M: Even though you're still outside, under the sun.
(09:01:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> ".....?" * She boggles
(09:01:25 PM) Vargas: "Find someplace to ditch these chains, and let's blend."
(09:01:51 PM) Vargas: (perc checks?)
(09:01:53 PM) D_M: Once you're through the gate, you all dive into the nearest alleyway and dress out.
(09:01:56 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "That's very odd..."
(09:01:57 PM) D_M: "Wow," says the woman. "That was so cool!"
(09:01:59 PM) * * * Hisham nods and finds some shade to further darken the shady cover, then ditches the chains and guard clothing.
(09:02:10 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "It was something all right. I'm glad nobody died."
(09:02:17 PM) Serribon: "That is one way to characterize it."
(09:02:21 PM) Vargas: "What's with the sun?"
(09:02:43 PM) D_M: In the dark alley, it is actually dim light under Hisham's darkness spell, like you're in the closet and all you have is a pen light. You all fumble with your gear.
(09:03:00 PM) * * * Hisham waves the magic wand. "Handy, huh? Makes surroundings darker. I can see just fine. Sorry if the rest of you need to fumble a bit though."
(09:03:02 PM) Vargas: (oh!)
(09:03:16 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(09:03:18 PM) Vargas: "Oh, duh."
(09:03:18 PM) D_M: Yes, V?
(09:03:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: 21 Perc
(09:03:26 PM) Vargas: (nvm me)
(09:03:30 PM) D_M: Except the elf. The elf can see fine, and the half-orc can see fine.
(09:03:34 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (4)+ 12 = 16
(09:03:34 PM) Vargas: (I didn't notice Hisham's wand)
(09:03:44 PM) Serribon: (perc. and I can see OK)
(09:03:45 PM) D_M: (That just makes it more realistic.)
(09:03:50 PM) D_M: (Serribon too.)
(09:03:57 PM) Hisham: "Lose the prison swag. I'll dismiss the spell and we can mingle with the locals."
(09:04:08 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * frowns* "Right you are then." * he removes the prison swag*
(09:04:22 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Nods, her clothes changing to her dancing girl outfit from prison guard armor
(09:04:22 PM) * * * Vargas says to the woman, "You owe us big time for that one."
(09:04:28 PM) * * * Serribon puts on the desert garb the scavenged from one of their last visits down south.
(09:04:47 PM) Vargas: "Now, let's get some distance between us and this place."
(09:04:52 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "One thing, sir. She doesn't have anything but her prison clothes."
(09:05:01 PM) Exterminatus: (I'm assuming she's got prisoner-ish rags?)
(09:05:05 PM) Vargas: "I have a spare outfit in my bag."
(09:05:20 PM) * * * Vargas provides a monk outfit.
(09:05:23 PM) D_M: You are in the city, sure enough. As you sneak to the edge of the alley and get a look around, you realize you're outside the walls of the palace. The jail entrance is apparently a secondary entrance. Those of you who were jailed the first time you came to this city, you know exactly where you are.
(09:05:28 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Might be adviseable." * he turns his back politely*
(09:05:28 PM) Hisham: "Convenient. Don't think you could've managed that if you were... well, you know. Your usual self."
(09:05:40 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "WE'd have asked Cassie."
(09:06:16 PM) Vargas: "No, this is my old one. Same burlap thing I let Miriam borrow that one time."
(09:06:21 PM) D_M: The girl accepts the change of clothes in good cheer and dons them over her pants and blouse.
(09:06:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I have a bunch of outfits, but they're not things I like to give out to strangers."
(09:07:00 PM) Vargas: "Now, off we go."
(09:07:02 PM) D_M: "So, what are you guys here for? Do you get sent places to do some fateful mission, or is it just kind of random?"
(09:07:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "But I have a really cute dress that I think would go well with Vargas if she let her hair grow a bit."
(09:07:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Random."
(09:07:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Normally stuff just happens to us. Hopefull no more exploding bank vaults. That hurt."
(09:07:45 PM) * * * Hisham is tries to be more perceptive about his surroundings now that the group is in relative safety. Too bad he can't pull a Back to the Future and pick up a newspaper to check the year.
(09:07:50 PM) Serribon: "A little bit of both, actually."
(09:08:01 PM) D_M: "Really? Well, so what do you usually do first? Food, probably."
(09:08:06 PM) D_M: "I know some great places to eat."
(09:08:25 PM) Vargas: "Actually, we usual get involved in some kind of violence first. We've already done that."
(09:08:31 PM) Vargas: "Food is a good step #2."
(09:08:49 PM) D_M: "Food it is!"
(09:08:49 PM) Hisham: <draconic> Chari mentioned that the god-king was still ruling. Which means the overthrow and collapse didn't occur yet. I'm guessing, neither did the zombies from our previous whump.
(09:09:39 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I brought some bread."
(09:09:39 PM) Vargas: (The god-king wasn't the ruler here in zombie times if I'm not mistaken)
(09:09:39 PM) Vargas: "Oh! Oh! I forgot."
(09:09:39 PM) * * * Vargas produces flasks of tea. "These should still be warm this time."
(09:10:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * shares some bread around while vargas busts out the tea*
(09:10:16 PM) D_M: (Not that you gathered, Vargas, but then, it didn't really come up. You only dealth with local government.)
(09:10:42 PM) D_M: "This... hey, this is bread! How do you get it all fluffed up like that?"
(09:10:46 PM) D_M: "And CRUSTY!"
(09:11:19 PM) D_M: She leads you through the city on a walk-and-talk, away away away from the vast palace-fortress that dominates the city's north end.
(09:11:30 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I don't know, I'm not a baker."
(09:11:40 PM) Exterminatus: (Oh wow that is totally an ironic statement with my past character)
(09:11:44 PM) D_M: "Well, thanks anyway. It's delicious."
(09:11:57 PM) * * * Vargas answers, "The baker used something called yeast."
(09:12:01 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "You're welcome. I'm a blacksmith, actually."
(09:12:24 PM) D_M: "A what? I don't think I know that word."
(09:12:41 PM) D_M: Restaurant: low class, good smells, lots of meat."
(09:12:42 PM) Vargas: (I was shocked to learn how you can collect your own yeast. I saw it on Discovery once.)
(09:12:44 PM) D_M: -"
(09:13:00 PM) Vargas: (Definately would never try to do it myself.)
(09:13:07 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I work with metals in a forge."
(09:13:43 PM) Hisham: (* is refraining from making comments about yeast produced by human bodies* )
(09:14:02 PM) Vargas: (I don't think they knew those things were related back then)
(09:14:28 PM) Vargas: (Bacterial theory didn't exist. They just knew about molds)
(09:15:56 PM) Vargas: "This food isn't half bad."
(09:15:57 PM) D_M: "So, uh, you guys really don't know why you're here?"
(09:16:15 PM) * * * Hisham stays relatively quiet during the trip. He's wary about divulging too much to the new woman.
(09:16:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Little too much meat for my taste. But no, not really. A year ago I would have had an idea. Now... I don't know."
(09:16:36 PM) * * * Serribon noshes.
(09:16:43 PM) * * * Vargas says to Hisham in draconic, "She seems awfully... clued in doesn't she?"
(09:16:43 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * gulps it down*
(09:17:23 PM) Vargas: <draconic> "She guessed planar travel right off the bat, and now she's asking about the purpose of dimension jumpers."
(09:17:26 PM) D_M: "Well, I'll tell you, I wasn't entirely straight with you before. I was... how to put this. I was... unjustly imprisoned. Maybe you were sent to bust me out."
(09:17:31 PM) Hisham: <draconic> A little more than curiosity, I think. Be careful what you eat around her.
(09:18:12 PM) Hisham: <draconic> Don't forget that we have been here before, perhaps we may even come here again in our relative time. She may have met us before, from her perspective.
(09:18:15 PM) Serribon: <celestial> "Do you think she may be the future regent? She seems to know more about us than she's letting on."
(09:18:50 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I hate it when those guys talk in languages no one understands."
(09:18:59 PM) Hisham: "Justice is relative. What'd they throw you in the slammer for?"
(09:19:03 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Yeah, it sucks." * he makes a face*
(09:19:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Gets into a discussion with her water in sylvan
(09:19:16 PM) Vargas: <celestial> "I don't know. She seems to know way too much."
(09:19:23 PM) D_M: "Seriously. Any idea what they suspect me of being?"
(09:20:02 PM) D_M: GUPCs.
(09:20:02 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Don't know. Depends a bit on who you are.
(09:20:06 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 7.
(09:20:11 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 8
(09:20:12 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+7
(09:20:12 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 21:14+7
(09:20:13 PM) Vargas: 16
(09:20:19 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (11)+ 12 = 23
(09:20:24 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20: (2) = 2
(09:20:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(09:20:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: 21
(09:21:27 PM) D_M: 20+, you notice the proprieter paying too much attention to you all.
(09:22:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Looks at the proprieter, "What? I was just having a discussion with my drink."
(09:22:15 PM) * * * Hisham divulges this information to everyone who didn't notice. <draconic> I think our new companion is known to the locals...
(09:22:35 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * continues not to understand hisham and vargas*
(09:23:07 PM) D_M: The proprieter moves on.
(09:23:10 PM) Vargas: "I want to talk a walk. I'm feeling stiff."
(09:23:22 PM) D_M: "Oh, don't mind him," says the woman. "He knows me."
(09:23:40 PM) Vargas: (This city had a port right?)
(09:23:41 PM) Serribon: "That going to be a problem?"
(09:23:51 PM) Serribon: (the river goes somewhere)
(09:24:01 PM) D_M: (No. This was one of the land-locked principalities.)
(09:24:43 PM) * * * Hisham finishes his drink and gets up. "I'm going to see about renting for the night."
(09:24:49 PM) D_M: "It is getting late, though. I guess you guys have to find somewhere to sleep, right? I know some great hotels, too."
(09:25:14 PM) Serribon: (I thought they dumped the pre-zombies into a body of water at the base of the castle walls?)
(09:25:20 PM) * * * Hisham leaves behind a copper piece and goes to have a chat with the proprieter.
(09:25:29 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Really? Would be nice to sleep somewhere other than... eh."
(09:25:55 PM) D_M: (It wasn't a body of water, Serri. It was a cliff behind the castle, at the base of which was just forest as far as they eye could see.)
(09:25:59 PM) * * * Hisham smalltalks and tries to get information from the guy about Chari. (Knowledge Local)
(09:26:01 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(09:26:02 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 24:15+9
(09:26:22 PM) D_M: Hisham, the guy disavows knowing her. Sense motive.
(09:26:23 PM) Vargas: (I suddenly have a mental image of zombie druids with an army of zombie squirrels)
(09:26:27 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20
(09:26:28 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 14
(09:26:38 PM) D_M: "I would have told him there's no rooms here. Come on, I'll show you a good hotel."
(09:26:51 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(09:26:51 PM) DiscoBot: D_M: 20
(09:26:57 PM) D_M: You believe him.
(09:26:59 PM) Hisham: (figures.)
(09:27:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra>
(09:27:15 PM) * * * Hisham shrugs and heads back, suspicions content for now.
(09:27:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I guess.. Though, I can probably find one too."
(09:27:41 PM) D_M: Hisham, your suspicions are still there, just confused now, because he claims not to know her, but she claims he knows her.
(09:27:55 PM) * * * Vargas says to Hisham in Draconic, "I think we should find our own hotel, even though she says she knows some good ones."
(09:28:13 PM) D_M: "I really don't think you should go around on your own, miss. I'm just saying."
(09:28:26 PM) Hisham: <draconic> Got a conflict of information. Either she's lying or he is. Either way, we would be better off losing her as soon as we can.
(09:28:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Oh, I'm a professional dancer. I'll just find an inn that I can get a good job at for a bit."
(09:28:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Is not lying either! SUCK THAT SENSE MOTIVE!
(09:29:04 PM) #beyondshadowrun: mode (+o Serribon) by Captain_Tylor
(09:29:20 PM) Vargas: (hahaha)
(09:29:40 PM) Vargas: "I think Cass has a good idea."
(09:29:58 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(09:29:58 PM) DiscoBot: D_M: 17
(09:30:02 PM) D_M: She believes you.
(09:30:02 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> <elf> Will you fucking stop speaking languages me and Cass don't know?
(09:30:17 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * glare*
(09:30:38 PM) * * * Hisham orders another beer for Ibram. <elf> Don't worry so much.
(09:30:39 PM) D_M: The girl looks at you all like, Well? Are you coming or not?
(09:30:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Well, work is always a good idea." * She shrugs and uses her L33t bArD skillz to find an inn
(09:30:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: Random d20 dice result is a 18.
(09:30:45 PM) Captain_Tylor: 24
(09:30:51 PM) * * * Hisham nods. "Sure, let's go to this hotel of yours."
(09:31:02 PM) * * * Vargas says to Ibram, "Would it be a bad idea if I created a new language, just for the group of us?"
(09:31:05 PM) D_M: Cassandra, you find a dearth of people here who speak any language you speak.
(09:31:30 PM) Hisham: "Let's finish these rounds of drinks and give me a chance to use the latrine first."
(09:31:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Funny, cause she speaks 7 languages ^^;)
(09:32:03 PM) D_M: Colloquial!
(09:32:11 PM) Exterminatus: (dialect issues)
(09:32:13 PM) D_M: "Fine!"
(09:32:21 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Just sighs
(09:32:26 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Sure thing."
(09:32:27 PM) Vargas: (I've seriously considered creating a language just for our party. A cipher or something.)
(09:32:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Stupid regional dialects."
(09:32:29 PM) * * * Hisham leaves the dining area and tries to find a bazaar, where he'll try to track down some sleeping medicine. (oil of taggit: ingestion DC 15, knockout drug.)
(09:32:32 PM) D_M: So seriously, what is the party going to do? Ditch her and use Cassy and Hisham to get a place?
(09:32:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: (We all need to learn Orz)
(09:32:57 PM) Vargas: (hisham is buying ruphies?)
(09:33:14 PM) Hisham: (Hell yeah hisham is buying roofies. how else is he so successful with the ladies?)
(09:33:17 PM) D_M: GUDC for gather-info, Hisham.
(09:33:22 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+7
(09:33:22 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 20:13+7
(09:33:43 PM) Serribon: (with a mug like that, he's gotta)
(09:33:56 PM) * * * Vargas is going to go with Cassandra and Hisham to find a place.
(09:34:06 PM) D_M: You are able to acquire ruphies from a Zelda-style potion shop with strange fumes and eerie music playing in it.
(09:34:25 PM) Vargas: "Please, don't take offense miss."
(09:34:38 PM) D_M: "Hey, whatever. Find your own hotel. I offered to help."
(09:34:45 PM) D_M: She orders herself a drink.
(09:35:05 PM) Serribon: (or so you think - turns out, it's a bottled poe)
(09:35:11 PM) * * * Hisham returns to the group, now that the group went the simple route and just asked her to stay behind. "Well, nice meeting you. Good luck."
(09:35:35 PM) D_M: So y'all are going to ditch her and find your own place?
(09:35:44 PM) Vargas: (politely, but yes)
(09:35:59 PM) D_M: Ok.
(09:36:19 PM) * * * Serribon will hang back and see if she follows.
(09:36:25 PM) * * * Vargas will ask the others once they've left, "Keep your eyes out if she follows us. It just seems so... odd that she knew so much."
(09:36:43 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Maybe we met her before for her and later for us."
(09:36:51 PM) D_M: You all exit the restaurant and head in the direction of known lodging, thanks to Hisham and Cassandra.
(09:36:55 PM) Vargas: "It's possible."
(09:36:56 PM) Hisham: "Yes, much too suspicious. Too curious about our circumstances, too deceptive about her own."
(09:37:01 PM) * * * Serribon goes up on the rooftop * click click click* .
(09:37:19 PM) D_M: Dan Streetmentioner's 1001 Tense Formations for Time Travellers. Willen on meeten.
(09:37:27 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * follows Cassiebones and Hisham* "She might ahve been an ally you know."
(09:37:35 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (19)+ 10 = 29
(09:38:14 PM) Serribon: (er, -3 'cause I forgot climb was its own skill)
(09:38:14 PM) D_M: Serribon, your pals are not but a few minutes gone when you see a troupe of tough looking guys approach the tavern and stack up on the door, checking their surroundings before slipping in.
(09:38:16 PM) Vargas: "I'm sorry Ibram. We're just still a little burned from our last trip."
(09:38:28 PM) Vargas: "Do you remember Didio?"
(09:38:44 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Didio?"
(09:38:49 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Me? Of course I do."
(09:38:51 PM) * * * Serribon watches.
(09:38:53 PM) * * * Vargas told Ibram about the last whump.
(09:39:07 PM) Exterminatus: (I don't know oocly what happens)
(09:39:29 PM) Vargas: (We had a traitor who was a necromancer in secret)
(09:39:44 PM) Vargas: (Worked with a necromancer that killed children to make shadows)
(09:39:48 PM) Exterminatus: (In the college?)
(09:39:49 PM) D_M: A moment later, Serribon, you hear a crash, and the woman comes running out, the men hot on her heels.
(09:39:53 PM) Vargas: (last whump)
(09:39:57 PM) Serribon: (he killed is erstwile allies to summon a efreeti that nearly killed Miriam and Serri)
(09:40:01 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * frowns*
(09:40:11 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Sorry guys. This doesn't look good."
(09:40:24 PM) Vargas: "Oh nuts."
(09:40:25 PM) D_M: No one but Serri sees this.
(09:40:29 PM) * * * Serribon follows.
(09:40:32 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+13: (10)+ 13 = 23
(09:40:34 PM) D_M: Actually, correction
(09:40:34 PM) Vargas: (retcon my thing then)
(09:40:34 PM) Exterminatus: oh
(09:40:34 PM) Serribon: (stealth)
(09:40:36 PM) Exterminatus: nevermind
(09:41:13 PM) D_M: You all are nearby, but Serri hung back specifically. Serri, you give follow. Guys, Serri has not caught up to you as you expected him to.
(09:41:28 PM) Vargas: "Where did Serribon go?"
(09:41:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Do you want me to go back and check on Serribon?"
(09:41:31 PM) * * * Serribon would have told them he was going to watch her.
(09:41:52 PM) D_M: Yeah, he told you he was going to hang back and watch your six, and catch up a moment later.
(09:41:56 PM) * * * Hisham looks back down the street. "Nowhere in sight. Think she might have called in a favor, had him detained?"
(09:42:00 PM) Serribon: (but expedience brings the party back together, so cool)
(09:42:08 PM) Vargas: "We should all go back. I don't like splitting up here."
(09:42:23 PM) Hisham: (our hero senses are tingling!)
(09:42:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> * Nods, but will go into stealth mode anyways (+14 Stealth there boss)
(09:42:39 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Sure thing boss." * he walks back in obviousmode*
(09:42:56 PM) D_M: Serribon, you won't be able to keep up without running.
(09:43:09 PM) * * * Serribon does so, then.
(09:43:29 PM) * * * Hisham starts heading back, in no obvious rush.
(09:44:28 PM) Serribon: (yeesh - anybody know what the critters in the Stealth illustration are supposed to be?)
(09:44:31 PM) D_M: Serribon, you come around a corner just as the girl squeals. You see her being dragged down by a couple of the men.
(09:44:58 PM) D_M: Chokers?
(09:45:04 PM) Vargas: (Serribon, this is your time. You are... Rorshack)
(09:45:11 PM) Vargas: (Or however that name is spelled)
(09:45:16 PM) Exterminatus: (Rorschach)
(09:45:17 PM) Serribon: (how many mooks are there?)
(09:45:22 PM) D_M: Four.
(09:45:38 PM) * * * Serribon observes for a bit.
(09:45:42 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+4: (18)+ 4 = 22
(09:45:47 PM) Serribon: (sense motive to see if it's a show)
(09:46:43 PM) D_M: "Shut up," says one of them, throwing her up against a wall and pulling out a cord. "You screwed up one too many times."
(09:47:36 PM) Serribon: (distance to the ground?)
(09:47:47 PM) D_M: No show, this. 20 feet down.
(09:47:57 PM) Hisham: (DFA! DFA!)
(09:48:16 PM) Exterminatus: (Strike from the skies, brother!)
(09:48:29 PM) Vargas: (I am the shadow that strikes in the night. I am Serriman."
(09:48:44 PM) Serribon: (what's the fall damage for 20'?)
(09:49:01 PM) Exterminatus: (2d6 I thinkses)
(09:49:15 PM) D_M: Yup. Acrobatics to absorb one and render the next one subdual.
(09:49:40 PM) * * * Serribon unslings his halberd and hurtles down towards the guy with the cord.
(09:49:44 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (6)+ 10 = 16
(09:50:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: (I need to be passing out in 10 minutes or so)
(09:50:07 PM) D_M: Hit.
(09:50:30 PM) D_M: (Oh, wow, sorry, Ben. But that's ok.)
(09:50:53 PM) D_M: (Thought I had another 30, but you were up late last night.)
(09:50:58 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d10+7: (6)+ 7 = 13
(09:51:05 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+10: (13)+ 10 = 23
(09:51:08 PM) Serribon: (acro check)
(09:51:17 PM) D_M: Success. And good damage.
(09:51:40 PM) D_M: Whump-SCREEEEEEAAAAAAAEEEEEECHssscccccssssss! The world goes split for a moment and you are all standing on a sunlit rooftop in the same city.
(09:52:00 PM) Vargas: "The hell?"
(09:52:19 PM) * * * Hisham looks around for obvious changes in scenery.
(09:52:19 PM) * * * Serribon whirls around to try and put something solid at his back.
(09:52:33 PM) Vargas: "Whoa! Serribon, just us.
(09:52:39 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "That... huh."
(09:52:39 PM) Vargas: "What happened?"
(09:53:04 PM) Captain_Tylor is now known as Ben-dead
(09:53:21 PM) D_M: (The rest of you, we're still going.)
(09:53:33 PM) Vargas: (who warped then?)
(09:53:40 PM) D_M: (Everyone's here.)
(09:53:54 PM) * * * Serribon flicks his blade to the stand-by position to clear off the mook's blood. "Shortly after we left, a group of men entered the inn and chased the woman into the streets. Four of them had her cornered and seemed intent on apprehending her."
(09:53:56 PM) Vargas: (Waiting for Serri's response then)
(09:54:21 PM) Serribon: "I lept down to intervene, and ended up here as the blow landed."
(09:54:23 PM) Hisham: "So she was trouble."
(09:54:30 PM) Hisham: "Shame we don't know the reason."
(09:54:43 PM) * * * Vargas looks around. "Damn. Can we find our way back from here? Assuming we even have the right time?"
(09:54:58 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Or she was in trouble, guys."
(09:54:59 PM) Hisham: "She could've been a harmless thief, she could've been a murderess. All stories equally valid since we don't know much about her."
(09:55:08 PM) Serribon: "The one who tried to bind her said she had repeatedly failed in some task or other."
(09:55:29 PM) Serribon: "Whether that was to keep track of us or something entirely unrelated, I cannot say."
(09:55:48 PM) D_M: (It's amazing how long some things take in this format. I must apologize for this setup stuff taking all night.)
(09:56:02 PM) D_M: (But, onward!)
(09:56:14 PM) D_M: You are in the city, the sun is high and bright.
(09:56:24 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Serribon. Use your stick. Find the girl."
(09:56:33 PM) Vargas: "Let's get off this roof, and try to find her."
(09:56:34 PM) D_M: The crowds bustle around you on the streets below.
(09:56:53 PM) Serribon: "Presuming it will even work."
(09:57:04 PM) * * * Hisham nods. "I'll ask the locals in case Serribon can't track her down."
(09:57:17 PM) Serribon: "But, yes, we should get down or get to cover - otherwise we are sure to draw attention to ourselves."
(09:57:28 PM) * * * Hisham asks some of the merchants nearby if they've ever heard of the girl, or if there are any local ruffians that match Serribon's description of them.
(09:57:34 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9 (Knowledge Local)
(09:57:35 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham, (Knowledge Local): 26:17+9
(09:57:50 PM) D_M: How do you go about getting down, Hisham?
(09:57:57 PM) D_M: There is a ladder, but...
(09:58:06 PM) * * * Serribon wields the rod and asks for the location of the woman they freed from jail.
(09:58:22 PM) D_M: Nothing, Serri.
(09:58:54 PM) * * * Serribon shrugs, "I am starting to suspect it does not track living people. Or I still have not figured out the proper way to ask it."
(09:59:12 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Unfortunate."
(09:59:32 PM) Vargas: "Interesting."
(09:59:33 PM) D_M: Getting off the roof?
(09:59:35 PM) * * * Hisham uses the ladder if there's no other conventional way down.
(09:59:36 PM) Serribon: "Vargas - do you think you could do more with it if you could examine it again at length?"
(09:59:53 PM) Vargas: "Maybe. I've learned a great deal since the last time I inspected it."
(10:00:01 PM) * * * Serribon hands it over.
(10:00:20 PM) Serribon: (or attempts to)
(10:00:33 PM) Serribon: (and what's the issue with the ladder?)
(10:00:49 PM) D_M: (Just all of you climbing down it at once would be kinda odd.)
(10:01:53 PM) * * * Hisham goes and chats to people to see if he can get a lead.
(10:02:09 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * climbs down the ladder a little while after Hisham goes since he's about as agile as a brick*
(10:02:11 PM) * * * Serribon scouts out a good meeting place from their vantage point and helps set up an dispersal schedule to keep it from looking so odd.
(10:02:13 PM) Vargas: "Well, let's go."
(10:02:26 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (2)+ 12 = 14
(10:02:30 PM) Serribon: (perc, I guess)
(10:03:30 PM) D_M: Hisham, you gather info, and people tell you how to get to the jail and the restaurant you describe from here, but this girl is apparently not a famous rogue.
(10:04:28 PM) Hisham: (no response about the grunts though?)
(10:04:34 PM) * * * Vargas will head out to the point and wait for Hisham to some back.
(10:05:20 PM) D_M: The toughs could be any number of things, from ruffians to agents of the rulers.
(10:05:37 PM) * * * Hisham shakes his head and returns to the group with whatever information he has. "Nothing. My bet is that we hassle the proprieter. He claimed he didn't know the girl, even when she said he did. Guessing he's involved somehow."
(10:06:03 PM) Serribon: "This is the next day, then?"
(10:06:14 PM) D_M: You can't tell.
(10:06:38 PM) Vargas: "If we go there, we should be able to get a reaction out of the guy if we're immediately after our jump."
(10:06:46 PM) * * * Serribon nods.
(10:06:57 PM) D_M: Do you go to the restaurant, then?
(10:07:05 PM) Vargas: (yeah)
(10:07:28 PM) * * * Serribon keeps an eye out for the girl or the mooks.
(10:07:30 PM) Hisham: (yep.)
(10:07:39 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (10)+ 12 = 22
(10:08:05 PM) D_M: The restaurant is as you remember it, and the proprieter is there when you get there. How do you approach him?
(10:08:53 PM) Vargas: "Go place an order, Hisham."
(10:09:16 PM) * * * Hisham goes and orders a round of drinks, nodding to the proprietor. "How goes it?"
(10:09:21 PM) * * * Hisham looks for a hint of recognition.
(10:09:47 PM) * * * Hisham also looks around to see how populated the restaurant is.
(10:09:57 PM) D_M: Nothing, Hisham. He appears not to recognize you at all, and it seems genuine. (Background Sense Motive.)
(10:10:08 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20
(10:10:08 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 8
(10:10:16 PM) D_M: (I mean I rolled it in the background.)
(10:10:22 PM) Hisham: (ah.)
(10:10:26 PM) D_M: Serribon, keeping watch on the front door, you see the girl walk in.
(10:10:47 PM) Serribon: (does she look the same? younger, older?
(10:11:04 PM) D_M: Exactly the same. Footloose and fancy free.
(10:11:20 PM) D_M: She has not noticed you.
(10:11:41 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 5
(10:11:48 PM) Vargas: 13 to notice her coming in.
(10:11:55 PM) D_M: You do.
(10:11:55 PM) Serribon: Where is everyone else? Are we together or outside or what?
(10:12:06 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Huh.)
(10:12:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Hey Chari." * he rumbles at her*
(10:12:18 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:12:18 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 12:5+7
(10:12:29 PM) * * * Hisham stays off to the side and eavesdrops.
(10:12:30 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(Interesting.)
(10:12:49 PM) D_M: Ibram, you aren't near her. Do you approach her?
(10:13:10 PM) * * * Hisham sips his drink and just listens after the proprietor greets her.
(10:13:29 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * yes*
(10:13:46 PM) D_M: THUMP.
(10:14:17 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(More whump sign?)
(10:14:22 PM) D_M: Ibram and Hisham, you are standing in the common room of the inn you selected during the night.
(10:14:35 PM) D_M: Vargas, Serribon, Cassandra, you're standing on the hillside retreat to which we often go for downtime.
(10:15:02 PM) Vargas: "Hello, Serribon. Umm, that's strange."
(10:15:12 PM) Serribon: "This is new... Where are Ibram and Hisham?"
(10:15:13 PM) Hisham: "Great. We whumped before I could hear anything useful."
(10:15:13 PM) * * * Vargas looks around.
(10:15:27 PM) Vargas: "Should we start a fire, and see if we can't draw the others?"
(10:15:45 PM) Hisham: "Ibram, the restaurant owner definitely knew the girl. I'm betting those goons Serribon said nabbed her are related."
(10:15:47 PM) Vargas: "One time I whumped here, but I saw lower and had to fly up here."
(10:16:11 PM) Serribon: "It worked the last time, I suppose."
(10:16:23 PM) D_M: Hisham and Ibram, the door bursts open behind you, and several official looking heavies come in. They look around for a moment, spot you, and bear down. "You, there! Strangers! You were seen with Lady Halam!"
(10:16:42 PM) Hisham: "Lady who now?"
(10:17:14 PM) Hisham: "Spunky girl with short hair, right?"
(10:17:33 PM) D_M: The people at the retreat set about lighting a fire.
(10:17:41 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Lady Halam? What now?
(10:17:50 PM) * * * Serribon dice 1d20+9
(10:17:55 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+9: (4)+ 9 = 13
(10:18:04 PM) Serribon: (survival, just in case)
(10:18:16 PM) D_M: "Yes, that's her. Lady Halam. Where is she? She is to be returned to the castle immediately, on her father's orders!"
(10:18:45 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I wish I knew." * he says, sincerely*
(10:19:01 PM) D_M: "Well, I'm afraid you'll need to come with us. Where are your companions?"
(10:19:06 PM) Vargas: "I suppose I can try to study the rod here and now while we wait."
(10:19:07 PM) Hisham: "I think I have an idea."
(10:19:24 PM) * * * Vargas pulls out the hunter's rod to give it an inspection.
(10:19:45 PM) * * * Serribon gets comfortable in the corner.
(10:19:47 PM) Hisham: "Her life might be in danger as well, so you boys better listen up and not ask too many questions. I think some restaurant owner nearby hired a bunch of goons to kidnap her."
(10:19:59 PM) Vargas: "I'm can't believe we cut it so close with that efreeti."
(10:20:09 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Really? Uh oh."
(10:20:13 PM) Vargas: "But Gummahn came through for me."
(10:20:22 PM) Vargas: "Little guy is a champion."
(10:20:29 PM) * * * Hisham explains the situation and the proprietor. "Know who he is?"
(10:20:49 PM) Serribon: "He is quite useful. I do not think I would enjoy being dead."
(10:21:02 PM) D_M: The head guard pauses as Hisham explains the situation. "What? Who? What are you taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--" SCREEEEEEEEEEEE--WHUMP.
(10:21:07 PM) Vargas: "You can thank Sammias and his shield for that."
(10:21:13 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * grunts*
(10:21:28 PM) Hisham: "Bloody hells."
(10:21:35 PM) D_M: Everyone is together in what looks like a china shop, just for a moment.
(10:21:39 PM) * * * Hisham looks around. "Just when it seems like we're making progress."
(10:21:50 PM) * * * Serribon blinks.
(10:22:10 PM) D_M: GUPCs.
(10:22:14 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 9
(10:22:17 PM) Vargas: 17
(10:22:39 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 11.
(10:22:48 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (5)+ 12 = 17
(10:22:50 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Oh good to see you, sir."
(10:23:09 PM) Serribon: "Where did you two go?"
(10:23:34 PM) D_M: WHAM! A dark place. Low-light and darkvision characters: You are surrounded by orcs, looking up at you from ratty floor mattresses.
(10:23:35 PM) Hisham: "So the Chari girl is a younger Lady Halam."
(10:23:40 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "My suspicions about the girl were correct, I think. She's the Baroness from our little escapades in the f..."
(10:24:03 PM) * * * Vargas raises his hands to the orc. "Easy, we mean you no harm."
(10:24:06 PM) Vargas: (orcs)
(10:24:17 PM) * * * Hisham keeps his hands on his favored knives.
(10:24:26 PM) D_M: "They went that way!" says the orc, pointing.
(10:24:38 PM) Serribon: "Oh, dammit."
(10:24:41 PM) * * * Vargas pulls out his everburning torch for Ibram.
(10:24:45 PM) Vargas: "Let's go!"
(10:24:47 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Thank you sah."
(10:24:59 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will go the direction the orc pointed them once the torch is lighting*
(10:25:00 PM) * * * Hisham nods and heads out in the direction the orcs pointed towards.
(10:25:08 PM) D_M: Those of you who can't see in the dark, there are high, small windows in a row leading into the distance that give you the sense you are not completely underground, but otherwise, it's very dark here.
(10:25:33 PM) Hisham: "Homeless orcs... local catacombs, maybe?"
(10:25:53 PM) Vargas: "Save your lungs for the chase, friend."
(10:25:55 PM) * * * Serribon follows. "I hope he was being sincere - I would hate to have just fallen for one of the oldest tricks in the book."
(10:26:10 PM) * * * Vargas laughs.
(10:26:15 PM) * * * Hisham follows the trail.
(10:26:18 PM) D_M: You all rush through the passage----WHUMP.
(10:26:49 PM) D_M: Ibram, you are in a comfortable sitting room. A glass of wine is on the table, along with a book. Some candles are lit.
(10:26:54 PM) D_M: The rest of you are at the retreat.
(10:27:01 PM) * * * Vargas .oO(I wonder if this adventure ends with a princess, or a lump of mithril.)
(10:27:08 PM) * * * Vargas sighs.
(10:27:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * looks over at the wine, but then to the book*
(10:27:21 PM) Vargas: "Well, time to light another fire."
(10:27:32 PM) Serribon: "So you say that really was the future regent?"
(10:27:41 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will open it and inspect it*
(10:27:42 PM) * * * Hisham groans. "All this jumping around is making me queasy."
(10:27:53 PM) Serribon: "Let's wait until dark. No sense in setting one just to whump away again."
(10:27:54 PM) Hisham: "So it seems. If it really is her, then her kidnapping didn't do much if she lives on to be regent."
(10:28:03 PM) D_M: The book is in Common, Ibram. Herzlandish script.
(10:28:08 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * reads it*
(10:28:26 PM) Serribon: "Maybe they were trying to take her back to the palace."
(10:28:37 PM) * * * Serribon shrugs.
(10:29:11 PM) D_M: It is a book of Herzlandish stories. POP! Ibram, you are in the retreat. The rest of you are in a chamber, looking at the backs of several orcs who have set up a barricade against the far door.
(10:29:47 PM) * * * Serribon holds his hand up for silence.
(10:30:33 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * gets out some bread and starts eating*
(10:31:06 PM) D_M: Init, those of you in combat.
(10:31:15 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 14
(10:31:15 PM) Vargas: 16
(10:31:28 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+7: (12)+ 7 = 19
(10:31:37 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20: (14) = 14
(10:31:38 PM) Vargas: (are the orcs armed? have they seen us?)
(10:31:56 PM) D_M: They are not armed, and they are just turning around.
(10:32:13 PM) D_M: No surprise round, since you are both surprised.
(10:32:35 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(10:32:48 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 27:18+9
(10:32:48 PM) D_M: Hisham, go.
(10:32:58 PM) * * * Hisham draws his bow and gets behind everyone, wondering what the orcs are barricading against.
(10:33:31 PM) D_M: Delay. Serribon.
(10:33:46 PM) * * * Serribon unships his halberd and waits.
(10:33:57 PM) D_M: Delay. Vargas?
(10:34:56 PM) * * * Vargas grabs a scroll of color spray from his bag, and prepares a color spray. He asks, "What's going on?"
(10:35:40 PM) * * * Hisham snorts, "Wish I knew!"
(10:35:46 PM) D_M: The orcs grab their weapons and charge. The world flickers. Ibram, you are with the group, looking at three charging orcs. The only persons not present are Cassandra and one of the orcs.
(10:36:12 PM) D_M: Behind you, you hear a female shriek.
(10:36:15 PM) Vargas: (can I hit them with color spay?)
(10:36:21 PM) D_M: You can, Vargas.
(10:36:31 PM) Hisham: "The kidnappers?"
(10:36:50 PM) Serribon: (dunno. were they orcs?)
(10:37:02 PM) * * * Vargas casts color spray and says, "Taste the rainbow!"
(10:37:13 PM) D_M: They don't look like the guys who were chasing her, Serribon.
(10:37:13 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+1: (18)+ 1 = 19
(10:37:13 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+1: (7)+ 1 = 8
(10:37:13 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+1: (13)+ 1 = 14
(10:37:21 PM) Vargas: (16 will)
(10:38:12 PM) D_M: Two of them fall unconscious.
(10:38:27 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 14.
(10:38:27 PM) Exterminatus: 16 init
(10:38:27 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will prepare to receive charge, sweeping his blade across the first orc's legs to get into his reach*
(10:38:27 PM) * * * Hisham realizes that Chari might not be able to see. "Lady Halam? Are you there?"
(10:39:10 PM) * * * Serribon sets, in case the remaining orc comes for him, instead.
(10:39:36 PM) D_M: The orcs attack.
(10:39:36 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+1: (3)+ 1 = 4
(10:39:49 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+3: (10)+ 3 = 13
(10:39:49 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+2: (15)+ 2 = 17
(10:39:49 PM) D_M: Serribon and Ibram take the brunt of the charge and hold them at bay. Hisham calls out, and gets the following response: "HEEEEEEELLLLP!"
(10:39:49 PM) D_M: From behind the party, through a door in the back wall.
(10:39:49 PM) D_M: Ibram, Serribon, make your attacks.
(10:39:49 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 3.
(10:39:51 PM) Exterminatus: hits a...
(10:40:03 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (18)+ 12 = 30
(10:40:03 PM) Exterminatus: 14
(10:40:42 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 2d10+14: (4 10)+ 14 = 28
(10:41:09 PM) D_M: Ibram hits. Serribon hits.
(10:41:16 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 2.
(10:41:16 PM) Exterminatus: Traitorous whelp dice
(10:41:16 PM) Exterminatus: 10 damage
(10:41:44 PM) D_M: Serribon obliterates his. Ibram gives his pause.
(10:41:47 PM) * * * Serribon rips through the charging orc with the serrated edge of his new halberd.
(10:41:51 PM) D_M: Hisham?
(10:42:08 PM) * * * Hisham drops his bow and runs to flank stab the closest Orc.
(10:42:28 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9 (if flank is possible)
(10:43:06 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham, (if flank is possible): 29:20+9
(10:43:10 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(10:43:11 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 17:8+9
(10:43:11 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d4+2d6+1
(10:43:11 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 13:3+9+1
(10:43:11 PM) Hisham: (Plus 2 bleeding if hit.)
(10:43:12 PM) Vargas: (how big is the room we're in?)
(10:43:12 PM) D_M: Small. Ten feet on a side. Another shriek from through the door behind you.
(10:43:12 PM) D_M: Correction, fifteen feet on a side.
(10:43:30 PM) Vargas: "Hisham, we have to get on the other side of that door."
(10:43:35 PM) * * * Vargas points toward the shriek.
(10:43:40 PM) Serribon: "I think we can hold them. Go see what she is yelling about."
(10:44:11 PM) * * * Hisham nods in affirmative and prepares to back out. "Hold the line then. I'll get to work on the door."
(10:44:18 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Do your thing. I'll not let them get past me to Vargas or yourself."
(10:44:23 PM) D_M: Hisham, you drop another one.
(10:44:43 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * squares up against the orcs, and as the fight continues he exchanges savage blows, rolling when necessary.*
(10:45:00 PM) D_M: One left. Serribon, Vargas, and Ibram, you make short work of him. Hisham, you find that the door is not locked.
(10:45:18 PM) * * * Hisham opens up the door.
(10:45:28 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * moves up to cover Hisham*
(10:46:06 PM) Exterminatus: (Btw, if anyone has extra scratch or knows where to download them, the Gotrek and felix books are Bill and Ben characters the novels)
(10:46:55 PM) D_M: You see the girl in the hands of a dwarf--NOT the dwarf from that other session, of course--who is knocking her around, trying to shut her up. He looks up at you and throws an axe at Hisham.
(10:47:11 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+7: (1)+ 7 = 8
(10:47:14 PM) D_M: Misses.
(10:47:18 PM) Vargas: (I guess he ax'd Hisham a question.)
(10:47:44 PM) Serribon: (I don't think he heard you. Ax him again.)
(10:47:48 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "G'dak ushorak karak hirn."
(10:48:05 PM) D_M: Hisham, Ibram, roll init.
(10:48:07 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20: (16) = 16
(10:48:09 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(10:48:09 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 16:7+9
(10:48:15 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> <dwarf> Come die, weak elf
(10:48:24 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 10.
(10:48:26 PM) Exterminatus: 12
(10:48:50 PM) * * * Hisham pulls a bullet time and dodges the axe. "Guess he has an axe to grind."
(10:49:28 PM) D_M: The dwarf curses at you in dwarvish and throws the woman up against the wall, drawing his sword to cut her down. Hisham and Ibram, go.
(10:49:47 PM) * * * Serribon turns at the sound of the hatchet clattering on the floor.
(10:49:49 PM) * * * Hisham rushes towards the pair and bullrushes the woman out of the way.
(10:50:01 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * drives his blade for the wrist of the sword-wielding dwarf* "No!"
(10:50:14 PM) Hisham: (is that possible?)
(10:50:46 PM) D_M: Hisham dives for the woman. Ibram dives for the dwarf. You may accomplish these with charge attacks.
(10:50:54 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(10:50:55 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 12:3+9
(10:51:00 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d6
(10:51:01 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 4
(10:51:08 PM) D_M: Ibram?
(10:51:10 PM) Hisham: (AP, cuz i'm about to hit level 5 anyway. XD)
(10:51:40 PM) D_M: Ibram? Rolling?
(10:52:05 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 16.
(10:52:17 PM) D_M: Total?
(10:52:33 PM) Exterminatus: 27
(10:53:13 PM) D_M: Both hit! Hisham, yours is a Combat Maneuver. You drive her five feet and put yourself under the dwarf's sword. Ibram, you come down on the dwarf just as he comes down on Hisham.
(10:53:19 PM) * * * D_M rolls 1d20+8: (1)+ 8 = 9
(10:53:33 PM) D_M: He misses Hisham with another natural 1. Ibram, roll damage.
(10:53:45 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 7.
(10:53:49 PM) Exterminatus: (finally)
(10:53:58 PM) Exterminatus: 15 damage
(10:54:10 PM) D_M: The rest of you, free to enter initiative at will. (i.e., no rolls required.)
(10:54:15 PM) * * * Vargas observes this dashing intervention and thinks, "That was awesome!"
(10:54:26 PM) * * * Vargas runs in to help smash the dwarf with his cane.
(10:54:39 PM) D_M: Good hit. The dwarf staggers under your assault and only narrowly avoids taking a lethal blow. He turns to address you.
(10:54:45 PM) Exterminatus: (hahaha, pimp cane only has +s vs whores)
(10:55:04 PM) Vargas: (shall I roll to attack?)
(10:55:04 PM) D_M: Vargas, feel free to roll your attack.
(10:55:07 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 5
(10:55:08 PM) Vargas: 8
(10:55:09 PM) * * * Serribon rushes in to follow-through.
(10:55:24 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+12: (13)+ 12 = 25
(10:55:31 PM) * * * Vargas swings too high, and smacks the wall instead.
(10:55:40 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d10+7: (1)+ 7 = 8
(10:55:41 PM) D_M: Vargas, not so much, but Serribon.
(10:57:20 PM) D_M: Flick--The hillside. Cassandra battling an orc. Flick--the small chamber with the dwarf, only the orc is with you, but Hisham is not.
(10:57:33 PM) D_M: Hisham, you are with Cassandra at the retreat.
(10:57:44 PM) Exterminatus: bow chicka wow wow
(10:57:53 PM) D_M: Will saves for those of you fighting the dwarf.
(10:58:06 PM) Vargas: (I am confused.)
(10:58:09 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 4
(10:58:11 PM) D_M: DC 10 to have an action this round.
(10:58:11 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+5: (12)+ 5 = 17
(10:58:20 PM) Vargas: 10
(10:58:29 PM) Serribon: (single action?)
(10:58:33 PM) * * * Hisham looks around for someone to stab, and only finds Cassandra.
(10:58:36 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 19.
(10:58:38 PM) * * * Hisham debates.
(10:58:41 PM) D_M: No, DC 10 to act normally.
(10:58:54 PM) Serribon: Still on the dwarf, right?
(10:58:55 PM) Vargas: (where am I?)
(10:58:57 PM) D_M: The dwarf is looking around in confusion, wondering why you all suddenly changed positions.
(10:59:07 PM) Serribon: Ah. Distance to targets?
(10:59:12 PM) Serribon: (you're with me and Ibram)
(10:59:18 PM) D_M: Vargas, you are still fighting the dwarf, after a momentary glimpse of the retreat.
(10:59:20 PM) * * * Vargas will smack the enemy.
(10:59:25 PM) D_M: Your'e all still adjacent to the dwarf.
(10:59:38 PM) D_M: There is also an orc here now, very confused. He autofails his save.
(10:59:50 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * will drive his sword at the dorf's guts*
(10:59:52 PM) * * * Vargas "Die!"
(10:59:58 PM) Serribon: (how far to the orc?)
(11:00:01 PM) * * * Vargas rolls a d20: 2
(11:00:05 PM) * * * Vargas misses!
(11:00:08 PM) D_M: Adjacent, Serribon.
(11:00:08 PM) Exterminatus: Random d20 dice result is a 4.
(11:00:25 PM) Exterminatus: +9+1+1=15
(11:00:39 PM) D_M: Good hit.
(11:00:43 PM) * * * Serribon whirls on the orc with a broadside slash, following up with the weighted butt-end of the haft.
(11:00:50 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+8: (2)+ 8 = 10
(11:00:51 PM) D_M: Vargas misses.
(11:00:52 PM) Exterminatus: Random d8 dice result is a 1.
(11:00:54 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d20+8: (5)+ 8 = 13
(11:01:01 PM) D_M: Serribon hits the orc on his second try.
(11:01:17 PM) Exterminatus: damage is a rather wussy 8
(11:01:23 PM) Exterminatus: my mistake 9
(11:01:24 PM) * * * Serribon rolls 1d6+7: (2)+ 7 = 9
(11:01:28 PM) * * * Exterminatus forgot his sword was magic
(11:01:44 PM) D_M: Serribon finishes off Cassy's orc.
(11:02:24 PM) D_M: You all will destroy the dwarf in short order now.
(11:02:41 PM) Vargas: "Lady Halam, or is it Chani?"
(11:02:48 PM) D_M: The girl is crumpled against the wall, sobbing.
(11:02:54 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Dwarves hitting women. How low." * he kicks the corpse savagely*
(11:03:00 PM) D_M: She does not respond intelligibly.
(11:03:12 PM) D_M: Ibram pulls his sword out of the dwarf and kicks its body.
(11:03:13 PM) * * * Vargas checks to see if she's hurt. "Are you wounded?"
(11:03:36 PM) D_M: She appears unwooooooooo--SPLIT. You are all at the retreat.
(11:03:51 PM) Serribon: "This is starting to get annoying."
(11:03:54 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Mmmh. What sort of dwarf uses a sword?"
(11:03:57 PM) * * * Hisham looks and watches everyone else arrive. "I got split up. Did you save her?"
(11:04:07 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * wipes his blade and nods grimly*
(11:04:18 PM) * * * Vargas nods. "Yes, she was unharmed."
(11:04:19 PM) Serribon: "Unless something else was teleported there when we came back.
(11:04:30 PM) Hisham: "People are whumping along with us now."
(11:04:37 PM) Hisham: "Hasn't happened before like this, has it?"
(11:04:40 PM) Vargas: "That's not unheard of."
(11:04:45 PM) Vargas: "Remember Dominos."
(11:04:57 PM) Hisham: "True. So it's a proximity thing?"
(11:05:08 PM) Vargas: "And I'm pretty sure there is a way to permanently bind someone to the whump too."
(11:05:14 PM) Vargas: "I don't think so."
(11:05:25 PM) Vargas: "I just think we're not the only whumpers."
(11:05:26 PM) Serribon: "Though that was in an area of powerful natural magic, so..." He shrugs, "Perhaps it is something to do with Lady Halam and our repeated run-ins with her."
(11:05:35 PM) Hisham: (Oh, probably gonna level up after this, so... HP roll!)
(11:05:37 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d8
(11:05:37 PM) DiscoBot: Hisham: 1
(11:05:37 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Yeah, there's that whole other group of people that whump."
(11:05:41 PM) Hisham: (ffs)
(11:05:44 PM) Exterminatus: (nooo)
(11:05:48 PM) Serribon: "What?"
(11:06:11 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I don't know some group of folks from the Andropolitan time period."
(11:06:12 PM) Vargas: "Yeah. In fact, there is another whole party of adventurers from the Andro era that whumps."
(11:06:25 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "They seemed very nice."
(11:06:30 PM) Hisham: (38 hp does not make for a happy rogue.)
(11:06:52 PM) Exterminatus: (for level 5 it's not bad)
(11:07:10 PM) Serribon: "When do they hail from? Miriam or I may be able to find them."
(11:07:57 PM) D_M: Whump.
(11:07:57 PM) D_M: Hisham, you are in a nicely appointed medieval-style bedchamber. A half-packed suit-trunk sits by the bed, and male and female clothing in Herzlandish style can be seen about you.
(11:07:57 PM) D_M: Ibram, you are sitting in a homey underground burrow about four feet high.
(11:07:57 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are in a tavern, surrounded by orcs.
(11:07:57 PM) D_M: Vargas, you are in a sparse courtyard. Two men in front of you are wrestling naked.
(11:08:29 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * looks around the burrow* "Hullo?" * he cleans and sheats his sword*
(11:08:31 PM) Serribon: <orcish> "Hey."
(11:08:32 PM) Vargas: (Any other notable details about where I am? Is this sport wrestling? Or murder wrestling?)
(11:08:44 PM) D_M: Sport wrestling. Very Greco-Roman.
(11:08:49 PM) Exterminatus: (Or... "wrestling" awww)
(11:08:50 PM) Hisham: "...I think I might have switched locations with Vargas."
(11:09:00 PM) * * * Hisham looks around for the cute graduate students.
(11:09:20 PM) D_M: ...gggGGGNNNNOOOOOD!--SUCK.
(11:09:26 PM) D_M: You are each back in your native timeline.
(11:09:37 PM) D_M is now known as Ancient
(11:09:40 PM) * * * Ancient chuckles.
(11:09:50 PM) Serribon: Same time as when we left?
(11:09:57 PM) Vargas: "I think I need something stronger than tea."
(11:09:59 PM) Ancient: Yup, as usual, only gone for an instant.
(11:10:19 PM) * * * Hisham lands back in the orc tavern. He pokes the table and his arm to make sure he's stable, then orders the strongest drink from the barkeep. "Blue orc-grog. Make it a double."
(11:10:40 PM) DiscoBot left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection).
(11:10:43 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "That didn't explain anything."
(11:11:12 PM) * * * Serribon watches the wrestling for a while, shrugs, and returns to his chambers.
(11:11:49 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * heads over to visit with Vargas*
(11:12:07 PM) * * * Vargas can be found in his tiny workshop / home.
(11:12:13 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Can you figure out what's going on, Sah? I think the whumps are starting to destabilize,."
(11:12:41 PM) Vargas: "It's hard to say, Ibram."
(11:12:46 PM) * * * Serribon cleans up and prepares to cross the city to make his promised appointment with the Cuthbertian scholars.
(11:13:01 PM) Vargas: "Consider, I've a method for predicting them so I can't say they are wholly unstable."
(11:13:05 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I think the world is like a rug.... and the string is getting pulled out."
(11:13:08 PM) Vargas: "Do you remember the Jerry adventure?"
(11:13:10 PM) You are now known as Rivet
(11:13:17 PM) Vargas: "Where we kept leaping backwards?"
(11:13:39 PM) Ancient: Anyway, thank you for putting up with that. I got a little stuck in the middle, trying to get you all where you needed to be, but it worked out.
(11:14:00 PM) Hisham is now known as DiscoSTan
(11:14:11 PM) DiscoSTan: I got to pull off a few Big Damn Heroes moments, so i'm happy.
(11:14:12 PM) Ancient: I will run again next Sunday, with a traditional session, and there will be old fashioned monster-killin'.
(11:14:19 PM) Ancient: Yeah, a few of you did.
(11:14:22 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Yeah."
(11:17:04 PM) Vargas: "Well... okay, I don't remember where I was going with that."
(11:17:09 PM) Vargas: "But we need to talk."
(11:17:16 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * frowns*
(11:17:23 PM) Vargas: "I think it's time we head east to Dannerholm."
(11:17:23 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "It's always bad when someone says that."
(11:17:29 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Oh GOOD."
(11:17:38 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I thought you meant you were mad at me."
(11:17:54 PM) Vargas: "Oh, no. Unless there is a reason I should be."
(11:17:56 PM) * * * Vargas laughs.
(11:18:16 PM) Vargas: "We need to visit the Granite Mastiff school of magi."
(11:18:28 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> * puts a finger aside his nose, flicking it, then nods* "Sounds good"
(11:18:52 PM) Vargas: "I need there help to complete the magic that should restore me to my proper body. But to do that, we're probably going to have to do a favor or two for the Hunt family."
(11:19:19 PM) Vargas: Ibram might know the Hunt family, because they are a very powerful noble family in charge of most of Herzland's mineral wealth.
(11:19:26 PM) Vargas: You get your iron from the Hunts.
(11:20:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Let me handle the favors. I don't want you to get your hands dirty." * he says, with a grim look*
(11:20:22 PM) Vargas: "Not that kind of favor."
(11:20:26 PM) Exterminatus: when's level 6?
(11:20:32 PM) * * * Vargas pulls out his mega-map of Liedenstien.
(11:20:34 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Oh. GOOD."
(11:20:42 PM) Vargas: "I intend to build them a map of their territory, like this."
(11:21:07 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Maps would be good for surveying and taxation and planning, right?"
(11:21:20 PM) Vargas: "Yes, among other things."
(11:21:47 PM) Vargas: "And, considering we know the eastern territory is going to be overrun by orcs in 10 years..."
(11:21:50 PM) Vargas: "Defense."
(11:22:51 PM) Vargas: "I still don't know how we're going to use that foreknowledge."
(11:23:05 PM) Vargas: "But, if I can get my body back, we're going to present Thorn as a gift to the King."
(11:23:21 PM) Vargas: "And hopefully that will grant us an audience, and we can get the Green Dragons off our damn back."
(11:23:25 PM) Vargas: "Go from there."
(11:24:58 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Thorn?"
(11:25:04 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Oh that douchebag."
(11:25:11 PM) DiscoSTan left the room (quit: Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~).
(11:25:54 PM) Vargas: "Yeah. We're going to stuff him."
(11:26:04 PM) Vargas: "It will make a great trophy in the courtyard of the College."
(11:28:47 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "I'll build a framework for you so his skeleton will stand up."
(11:30:10 PM) Vargas: "We'll do it in the capital in time for the Grand Festival. Part of the festival is a grand event where all the colleges make tributes to the King as a way to show the progress of their research."
(11:30:27 PM) Vargas: "So for now, Thorn stays in those jars of preservatives."
(11:30:35 PM) Vargas: "In time though. In time."
(11:35:00 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Mmm. Anything else sir?"
(11:35:26 PM) * * * Vargas shrugs. "Not that I can think of. Serribon gave me his hunter's rod to inspect in depth."
(11:35:48 PM) Vargas: "I'll give it a shot. I can do that while traveling. I can't study Barney while we're moving."
(11:35:58 PM) Ancient: Vargas, you ID that rod?
(11:36:06 PM) Vargas: Yeah.
(11:36:40 PM) Vargas: I now know a good bit more about stuff, including necromancy. At least for this trip.
(11:39:43 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Barney is one odd little bit, no?"
(11:40:00 PM) Ancient: The rod is entirely mundane.
(11:40:06 PM) Ancient: It's just a bit of iron.
(11:40:32 PM) Vargas: "Extremely odd, Ibram."
(11:40:51 PM) Vargas: "It's ancient, but I'd argue it's one of the most advanced pieces of technology in the entire kingdom."
(11:41:28 PM) Vargas: How curious. Because I've ID'ed that thing, and it used to be magic before.
(11:41:33 PM) Vargas: So the magic has left it.
(11:42:00 PM) Ancient: How curious.
(11:42:03 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Hrmmm."
(11:51:10 PM) Exterminatus: <ibram> "Well, I'm gonna go back and shoe a horse, have a good day, buddy."
(11:51:57 PM) * * * Rivet rolls 1d12: (5) = 5
(11:52:08 PM) Rivet: meh. sorry HP roll this time
(11:52:14 PM) Vargas: "Take care, Ibram."

06SEP10

Clockwork Rivet