11MAR12

Conversation with #beyondshadowrun at Sun 11 Mar 2012 06:56:30 PM EDT on Rivet_@irc.esper.net (irc)
(06:56:47 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(06:57:51 PM) Vargas: Hi Riv.
(06:58:01 PM) Serribon: Hey
(06:58:29 PM) Ancient: Are we ready to rock? Possibly roll?
(06:58:41 PM) Serribon: just about
(06:59:48 PM) Harmonia [~Owner@0-21-63-5a-8e-f3.wlan.lsu.edu] entered the room.
(06:59:53 PM) Vargas: Hellos
(07:02:29 PM) Vargas: Any sign of Bill?
(07:02:50 PM) Vargas: Also, FYI, no Mass Effect 3 spoilers in channel. Under penalty of death.
(07:03:53 PM) Serribon: Oh, man - remember when that guy did that thing with the other thing? That was awesome.
(07:04:21 PM) Vargas: Totally.
(07:05:20 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(07:06:17 PM) Vargas: (What's the plan?)
(07:07:36 PM) Miriam: That's up to Bill, who may be a few minutes late. He has the hat first.
(07:10:57 PM) ***Vargas has been painting a shield the last couple nights.
(07:12:08 PM) ***Vargas has taken a mithril buckler, and painted it black with a white raven perched upon a golden lightning bolt with a golden crown its head.
(07:12:16 PM) Serribon: (actually, what about whatever it was you wanted Serri to report when he got back? we can probably do that w/o Bill's direction)
(07:16:55 PM) ***Serribon finally came back a day ago and relayed the unfortunate news that the land gets low and squelchy for a good stretch of the way ahead.
(07:17:27 PM) Vargas: "Well, on the plus side they aren't as heavy as us. They are less likely to get sunk."
(07:17:36 PM) Serribon: Though, fortunately, he did come back with two dressed deer stuffed in the bag of holding.
(07:18:29 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *looks athem. Hungrily*
(07:18:38 PM) ***Miriam looks put out. More soggy. Just what she needs.
(07:18:44 PM) Miriam: Bill, we're waiting on you, DM.
(07:18:48 PM) Jeezo: I know.
(07:19:04 PM) Jeezo: (let us do the eating briefly)
(07:19:16 PM) Miriam: Gerhal and I both have some encounters, if yours ends in time tonight.
(07:19:28 PM) Miriam: But it's your show.
(07:19:42 PM) ***Miriam briefly eats.
(07:20:05 PM) ***Miriam thinks of Gina's gourmand tendencies and has a private giggle.
(07:20:31 PM) Serribon: He's spent his time back trying to come up with some way to ease the gnomes' passage, since their stature may prove problematic.
(07:20:36 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *belches cheerfully after things are done, then clutches his stomach*
(07:20:40 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Oh. Shit."
(07:20:52 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *rushes off into the bushes without further comment*
(07:20:59 PM) Vargas: "It's not shit yet. That.... takes...."
(07:21:07 PM) Serribon: "There was *nothing* wrong with that venison."
(07:21:07 PM) Miriam: "Now what? I hope he didn't swallow a flesh-eating larva."
(07:21:38 PM) ***Vargas looks at Ibram's food. (Do I see brownberries?)
(07:23:34 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *groans from the bushes* "Just go along without me, I'll be along. Someday."
(07:24:00 PM) Jeezo: (Even when my encounter itself has nothing poop related, somehow the poop comes into play)
(07:24:16 PM) ***Vargas says to Miriam, "I think you're going to need to take brush clearing duty."
(07:25:05 PM) Miriam: "Serribon can do that. He has already scouted the way. I'll keep the rearguard and keep an ear out for Ibram."
(07:25:16 PM) Serribon: "Easily done."
(07:25:23 PM) Vargas: "Works for me."
(07:25:26 PM) Serribon: "Are you sure you're going to stay here, Ibram?"
(07:25:54 PM) Vargas: "I'll leave him a phantom horse to help him catch up."
(07:26:11 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *silence, and then... * "Yes."
(07:26:32 PM) Miriam: "Good thought, Vargas."
(07:26:56 PM) Serribon: "Fine. Don't use the leaves with the serrations on only one side. Trust me."
(07:26:57 PM) ***Miriam will reluctantly hoof it. Or rather, not hoof it, but leave the hooves for Ibram and go along in her seal skin boots.
(07:29:06 PM) Jeezo: What are your spot mods?
(07:29:16 PM) Miriam: +16
(07:29:16 PM) ***Serribon takes up the adamant axe and start's clearing brush. (+19)
(07:29:20 PM) Jeezo: roll 'em
(07:29:20 PM) Vargas: +16
(07:29:24 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(07:29:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 38:19+19
(07:29:26 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+16
(07:29:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 18:2+16
(07:29:27 PM) Jeezo: Actually, haha
(07:29:27 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+16
(07:29:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 30:14+16
(07:29:29 PM) Jeezo: don't roll 'em
(07:29:48 PM) Jeezo: You soon come deeper into like, knee-deep water, a sort of swamp morass.
(07:30:02 PM) Jeezo: There are weird floating not-logs everywhere. You know those are probably bad, Serri
(07:30:17 PM) Vargas: "Oh man, I hate walking through swarp soup."
(07:30:22 PM) Jeezo: But you are able to steer around them before the gnomes become lunch
(07:30:35 PM) Vargas: "Serribon, should we make rafts or something?"
(07:31:10 PM) Vargas: (Ibram should catch up easier since that horse can walk on water, hehe)
(07:31:18 PM) Serribon: "Yes. I must have come through here at low tide. or I'd have had us get to work on them earlier."
(07:31:25 PM) ***Miriam misses her horse desperately.
(07:32:08 PM) ***Vargas sighs. At least he isn't waist deep in the muck like Brrk and the gnomes.
(07:34:04 PM) ***Miriam trudges and keeps her distaste to herself. Got to put on a good front for the llittle people.
(07:34:56 PM) Jeezo: Another spot check
(07:35:03 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(07:35:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:7+19
(07:35:14 PM) ***Vargas always taught his pupils that swamps were one reason magi should wear pants, not robes.
(07:35:14 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(07:35:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 17:2+15
(07:35:36 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+16
(07:35:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 31:15+16
(07:36:14 PM) Jeezo: thank you
(07:36:20 PM) Jeezo: Whatis the party's marching order?
(07:36:42 PM) Serribon: Serri's at front, spotting and clearing stuff.
(07:37:03 PM) Serribon: And from your reaction, probably getting eaten by something horrible.
(07:37:11 PM) Vargas: Vargas is at the tail of the double file line of gnomes.
(07:37:26 PM) ***Miriam is behind Vargas as rearguard.
(07:37:52 PM) Jeezo: Serri what is your flatfooted AC?
(07:38:16 PM) Serribon: Same as my regular AC: 23
(07:38:39 PM) Miriam: Psh, flatfooted. Heh.
(07:39:03 PM) Jeezo: Serribon becomes NOMS
(07:39:17 PM) Serribon: Of course.
(07:39:28 PM) Jeezo: As a huge plant, seemingly quiescent, shoots out 4 jaw-like structures that latch onto him
(07:39:28 PM) Serribon: Miss chance, though
(07:39:36 PM) Serribon: Unless it uses blindsight, I guess
(07:39:38 PM) Jeezo: how mcuh?
(07:39:40 PM) Jeezo: it does
(07:39:41 PM) Serribon: 20%
(07:39:53 PM) Serribon: Think we put it as a 1 on a d5?
(07:40:00 PM) Vargas: (that's our standard)
(07:40:00 PM) Miriam: Usually.
(07:40:15 PM) Jeezo: This has blindsight tho
(07:40:26 PM) Serribon: Right-o.
(07:40:34 PM) Vargas: (inits?)
(07:41:25 PM) Jeezo: not yet, this is surprise round
(07:42:19 PM) Jeezo: oh actually you are lucky
(07:42:22 PM) Jeezo: no full attack
(07:42:25 PM) Jeezo: so you only take...
(07:42:41 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+7
(07:42:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 11:4+7
(07:42:56 PM) Serribon: 'kay
(07:43:13 PM) Jeezo: 11 points of damage and now I make a CMB check
(07:43:39 PM) Serribon: DC 27
(07:43:43 PM) Jeezo: LOL
(07:43:46 PM) Jeezo: holy fuck it rolled a 2
(07:43:48 PM) Jeezo: and failed
(07:44:16 PM) Serribon: "Carnivorous plant!"
(07:44:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+16 (k.nature)
(07:44:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (k.nature): 21:5+16
(07:48:43 PM) Serribon: *ping*
(07:48:51 PM) Miriam: pong
(07:49:02 PM) Serribon: (just checking)
(07:49:11 PM) Vargas: pong
(07:49:18 PM) Miriam: The carnivorous plant ate him.
(07:49:35 PM) Jeezo: Hm
(07:49:55 PM) Miriam: Problem?
(07:50:01 PM) Jeezo: What is the check? 10+CR to know what it is?
(07:50:31 PM) Miriam: I'd buy that, but just use whatever you think is reasonable to determine how much we know. You're the DM.
(07:50:41 PM) Serribon: Yeah, that's it
(07:51:00 PM) Miriam: And this was Serribon's homeland, but it is much changed by magical influence since the cataclysm.
(07:52:05 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+20 (k. nat whenever I get in visual range)
(07:52:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (k. nat whenever I get in visual range): 30:10+20
(07:53:56 PM) Jeezo: Well, you know that is definitely a giant mantrap
(07:54:00 PM) Jeezo: It likes to grab people
(07:54:04 PM) Jeezo: oh and it is mad ass sneaky
(07:54:11 PM) Jeezo: In swamps. It is also absurdly slow.
(07:55:23 PM) Vargas: (Waht's next?)
(07:55:48 PM) Serribon: Inits now?
(07:57:26 PM) Jeezo: Yeah, inits now
(07:57:39 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3 INIT
(07:57:39 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, INIT: 8:5+3
(07:57:40 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (INIT)
(07:57:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (INIT): 11:10+1
(07:58:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(07:58:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:17+9
(07:59:32 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+8
(07:59:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 28:20+8
(07:59:34 PM) Jeezo: :3
(07:59:48 PM) Vargas: (haha)
(07:59:55 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(07:59:55 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 17:2+15
(07:59:56 PM) Serribon: Still not grappled, yeah?
(07:59:56 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(07:59:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 23:8+15
(07:59:57 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(07:59:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 21:6+15
(07:59:58 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(07:59:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 17:2+15
(08:00:01 PM) Jeezo: god damit
(08:00:16 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:00:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 24:2+22
(08:00:19 PM) Jeezo: hah
(08:00:24 PM) Jeezo: Nope!
(08:00:29 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+7
(08:00:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 9:2+7
(08:00:39 PM) Jeezo: another 9 points of damage as serri is continually gnawed
(08:01:14 PM) Miriam: So basically we have a giant plant thrashing and chomping at Serribon at the front of the line.
(08:01:20 PM) Vargas: (correct)
(08:01:43 PM) Miriam: Detect evil pick anything up, DM?
(08:02:29 PM) Serribon: "I could use an up-size so it can't swallow me!"
(08:02:58 PM) Miriam: "And grease for me!"
(08:02:59 PM) Vargas: (how big is the plant?)
(08:03:00 PM) ***Serribon tears into the plant with his borrowed axe. (what's the + on that? 2?)
(08:03:11 PM) Vargas: (correct)
(08:03:16 PM) Jeezo: Nope, no evil
(08:03:23 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+16
(08:03:24 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 34:18+16
(08:03:24 PM) Jeezo: Neutral. A planet is just a hungry plan
(08:03:26 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+11
(08:03:27 PM) Jeezo: the size is...
(08:03:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:8+11
(08:03:37 PM) Jeezo: HUge
(08:03:43 PM) Jeezo: one hit
(08:03:57 PM) Serribon: APing that second one
(08:04:02 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(08:04:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 2:1+1
(08:04:03 PM) Miriam: (So it's just an unnatural horror, as opposed to an Unnatural Horror. How nice to be in a line of work where that distinction is important.)
(08:04:07 PM) Serribon: Bugger
(08:04:21 PM) Serribon: Damage dice is a d10?
(08:04:21 PM) Jeezo: nope
(08:04:31 PM) Jeezo: is it a regulation axe?
(08:04:33 PM) Jeezo: d8
(08:04:44 PM) Vargas: (d8, x3 on crit)
(08:04:51 PM) Serribon: Crit range?
(08:05:09 PM) Jeezo: 20
(08:05:31 PM) ***Serribon manages to land a mighty two-handed swing.
(08:05:35 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+12
(08:05:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:5+12
(08:06:43 PM) Jeezo: It shudders from the strike
(08:07:08 PM) Vargas: (my turn?)
(08:07:35 PM) Jeezo: aye
(08:08:17 PM) ***Vargas cries out for the gnomes to circle up at the rear away from Serribon, and starts slogging towards Miriam through the water. "Teleport flank, Miriam!"
(08:08:32 PM) Vargas: (move, then delay dimension door to get Miriam behind the plant)
(08:09:26 PM) Miriam: How far are we from the plant right now?
(08:09:34 PM) Miriam: Shouldn,t be more than Miriam can do on foot.
(08:10:15 PM) Vargas: (well, double line of gnomes is going to be 6 squares.)
(08:10:54 PM) Vargas: (assuming difficult terrain, it might take more than a double move depending on how far you are behind V)
(08:12:22 PM) Miriam: Heh, DM, is it still difficult terrain if I'm running on the water's surface?
(08:12:25 PM) Jeezo: (haha, now ya'll are delaying it)
(08:12:26 PM) Jeezo: nope
(08:12:31 PM) Jeezo: it is just terrain if you can manage that
(08:12:38 PM) Miriam: There you go, then.
(08:12:47 PM) Vargas: (I forgot about that ring)
(08:13:06 PM) ***Miriam shakes her head. "Don't worry about that! Just grease me up, baby! And get Serribon his spell!"
(08:13:29 PM) ***Miriam will run and maneuver to the other side of the monster on this turn with an acro check, after getting a grease spell from V.
(08:13:50 PM) ***Vargas tries not to think too hard about that, and just greases Miriam as she runs by on the surface of the water.
(08:14:07 PM) Vargas: (Enlarging won't stop a Huge from eating him, but you have your grease)
(08:14:55 PM) ***Miriam steps up onto the surface of the swampy muck and bolts into a flanking position for Serribon. She has enough action left over before that to wand herself, even.
(08:15:19 PM) Serribon: (It can only swallow whole something two sizes smaller - medium or smaller in this case, I think. Large is only one size diff, right?)
(08:15:56 PM) Miriam: Large would be only one size diff. I don't know if that's close enough to negate Swallow whole.
(08:16:18 PM) Serribon: If he's using the standard giant flytrap, yes. It has to be two size diffs or more.
(08:17:14 PM) Serribon: (But, yeah, better to hold it unless/until it actually grapples me)
(08:17:57 PM) Miriam: (There you go, then.)
(08:18:09 PM) Jeezo: (It is HUGE, yes)
(08:18:11 PM) Miriam: Back to round top, DM.
(08:19:40 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:19:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 35:20+15
(08:19:41 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:19:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 35:20+15
(08:19:42 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:19:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 32:17+15
(08:19:43 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:19:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 24:9+15
(08:19:46 PM) Jeezo: :3
(08:19:52 PM) Miriam: Funny how these things go.
(08:20:14 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:20:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 16:1+15
(08:20:16 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:20:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 28:13+15
(08:20:31 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 5d8+35
(08:20:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 55:20+35
(08:20:39 PM) Serribon: Ow
(08:20:41 PM) Jeezo: 55 damage from having 4 mantraps close on you
(08:20:52 PM) Jeezo: Serri tastes like elf
(08:20:56 PM) Vargas: (Oh god, I turn away for a moment and then I see crit mania)
(08:20:58 PM) Serribon: partly
(08:21:19 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:21:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 38:16+22
(08:21:20 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:21:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 37:15+22
(08:21:21 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:21:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 30:8+22
(08:21:22 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:21:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 32:10+22
(08:21:25 PM) Jeezo: you are so grabbed
(08:21:47 PM) Miriam: "Vargas, help!" Miriam yelps.
(08:21:58 PM) Serribon: "Get me out of here!"
(08:22:14 PM) Miriam: Enlarge will help your grapple rolls, right? As will rage?
(08:22:20 PM) Miriam: If so, uou might want to delay.
(08:22:27 PM) Serribon: Yeah, a bit
(08:22:29 PM) Vargas: (enlarge is a full round spell)
(08:22:59 PM) Serribon: A teleport will work just as well.
(08:23:04 PM) Miriam: well, you'd best get started, then.
(08:23:54 PM) ***Serribon struggles and thrashes, trying to get loose.
(08:24:04 PM) Miriam: That's a good point. Delay until V teleports you out.
(08:24:56 PM) Vargas: (I can't get there and teleport him this turn. I'm like 45' away)
(08:25:13 PM) Miriam: Ah, twue.
(08:25:46 PM) Vargas: (My only immediate interrupt would be to put Serribon inside a Resiliant sphere)
(08:26:20 PM) Miriam: I don"t think you can do that while it has hold of him. You'd be cutting off its tendrils.
(08:26:48 PM) Miriam: serribon, decide on an action.
(08:27:04 PM) Serribon: Actually, until it swallows me, I can be targetted with spells.
(08:28:04 PM) Vargas: (I don't think the rules specifically cover that situation. Since Res Sphere offers a ref save, I'd let the plant roll reflex save to stop the sphere from manifesting)
(08:28:30 PM) Vargas: (But that's just me since it is an edge case)
(08:28:37 PM) Serribon: (that sounds good to me)
(08:28:58 PM) Serribon: (Up to Bill as GM, though)
(08:29:24 PM) Jeezo: I'll give it to you
(08:29:26 PM) Jeezo: do it
(08:29:29 PM) Miriam: Up to the DM, then. DM, Resiliant Sphere encompasses a medium or smaller creature. It will fizzle if the target is too large. It's up to you whether a grappled creature can be individually encompassed.
(08:29:36 PM) Miriam: Ok, then.
(08:29:57 PM) Serribon: Well, since Serri isn't psychic...
(08:29:58 PM) Vargas: (Serribon still has his action)
(08:30:06 PM) Serribon: (rage and full attack)
(08:30:23 PM) Vargas: (Better that he goes now, because even Serribon can't claw his way out of that sphere)
(08:30:27 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(08:30:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:8+17
(08:30:32 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:30:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 22:10+12
(08:30:45 PM) Serribon: (using armor spikes)
(08:31:00 PM) Jeezo: Hit and hit
(08:31:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 2d6+12
(08:31:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:5+12
(08:31:19 PM) Serribon: (feh)
(08:31:53 PM) Jeezo: okay
(08:31:56 PM) Miriam: Heh, one of those days.
(08:32:07 PM) Miriam: moving on.
(08:32:07 PM) Jeezo: Continue
(08:32:41 PM) ***Vargas slogs forward around and past the gnomes. He sees Serribon trapped in the many jaws of the plant, so he decides to wing it and try something he's never done before.
(08:32:45 PM) Miriam: What'cha gonna do, Wizard? So many options, nothing ideal.
(08:32:57 PM) ***Vargas casts resiliant sphere on Serribon.
(08:33:09 PM) Vargas: (ref save... dc 20)
(08:33:29 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+8
(08:33:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 28:20+8
(08:33:33 PM) Jeezo: ... wellfuck you sir
(08:33:34 PM) Vargas: (rofl)
(08:33:50 PM) Jeezo: The dice hate you.
(08:33:54 PM) ***Vargas is beginning to wonder if his spell formula isn't flawed or something.
(08:34:13 PM) Serribon: Son of a bitch.
(08:34:19 PM) Vargas: (That plant has a sweet ref save. Watch out!)
(08:34:58 PM) Miriam: So what just happened? The plant rolled reflex to keep you from encompassing Serribon? If that's how you worked it, I whole-heartedly approve.
(08:35:18 PM) Serribon: I don't
(08:35:31 PM) Vargas: (Yeah, that's what we did)
(08:35:38 PM) Jeezo: nom no
(08:35:38 PM) Jeezo: m
(08:35:40 PM) Miriam: Well, no, the results are sucky, but I like that as a way to work the edge case.
(08:35:45 PM) Miriam: Very elegant.
(08:35:57 PM) Miriam: My turn.
(08:36:21 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:36:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 30:18+12
(08:36:23 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:36:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 13:1+12
(08:36:26 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:36:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 22:10+12
(08:36:29 PM) Jeezo: hit, miss hit
(08:36:31 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+7
(08:36:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 25:18+7
(08:36:36 PM) Jeezo: hit
(08:36:46 PM) Miriam: Subject to sneak attack?
(08:36:46 PM) Jeezo: ... how did you get 4 attacks?
(08:36:54 PM) Miriam: I am the hasted flurrying monk of doom.
(08:37:05 PM) Jeezo: Plant traits
(08:37:11 PM) Jeezo: Does that include sneak attack immunity?
(08:37:16 PM) Miriam: Someone tell me if that is a yes or no.
(08:37:18 PM) Serribon: Stun-immune, but not crit immune
(08:37:36 PM) Jeezo: there you are then
(08:37:39 PM) Miriam: WOOT!
(08:37:58 PM) Serribon: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#TOC-Plant
(08:38:12 PM) Miriam: ,roll 3d10+12+6d6
(08:38:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 36:9+12+15
(08:38:39 PM) Jeezo: .... wow that ws some suck ass rolling
(08:38:42 PM) Miriam: 3d10 = 9? Really?
(08:38:43 PM) Jeezo: but the plant takes damage
(08:38:45 PM) Jeezo: back to top?
(08:38:52 PM) Miriam: Yup.
(08:38:59 PM) Serribon: Nice knowing you guys.
(08:39:39 PM) Vargas: (Oh you are gonna be fine Serri)
(08:39:52 PM) Miriam: Don't be fatalistic. It's lame. Figure out a way to survive.
(08:40:00 PM) Miriam: You've got some healing incoming, anyway.
(08:40:01 PM) Serribon: It's not up to me, though.
(08:40:22 PM) Serribon: And you can't heal me if it swallows me.
(08:41:07 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:41:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 38:16+22
(08:41:11 PM) Jeezo: god damn. Gulp
(08:41:42 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+7+2d6
(08:41:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 17:8+7+2
(08:41:45 PM) Vargas: (You will take auto damage, but I bet you can cut your way out with a knife pretty shortly)
(08:41:49 PM) Jeezo: 17 more
(08:41:51 PM) Jeezo: okay
(08:42:00 PM) Jeezo: That is all it can do this turn until the other heads retarget
(08:42:06 PM) Jeezo: serri, v, miriam
(08:43:13 PM) Serribon: Continuing trying to escape, it's all I can do.
(08:43:23 PM) Miriam: DM, are you running this plant as written, or as swallow whole?
(08:43:46 PM) Jeezo: roll it..
(08:43:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(08:43:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:9+17
(08:43:55 PM) Jeezo: (Running it as engulf)
(08:43:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:43:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 32:20+12
(08:44:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:44:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 14:2+12
(08:44:10 PM) Serribon: What's the interior AC?
(08:44:33 PM) Jeezo: You're pinned, BUT
(08:44:44 PM) Jeezo: you beat the CMD
(08:44:53 PM) Jeezo: you clamber out. Somehow
(08:45:49 PM) Vargas: http://i.imgur.com/cdXQF.jpg
(08:46:03 PM) Vargas: (Serribon channels the HULK)
(08:46:29 PM) Miriam: V?
(08:46:33 PM) ***Serribon plops onto the soggy ground, dripping in acid and plant-goo.
(08:46:38 PM) Jeezo: yuck!
(08:46:55 PM) Miriam: Don't worry, the swamp slurry washes that off.
(08:47:34 PM) Jeezo: indeed
(08:47:36 PM) Jeezo: yuk
(08:47:41 PM) Vargas: (Serribon, do you want an enlarge, or a haste?)
(08:47:50 PM) Vargas: (Call out a request if you've got one)
(08:48:00 PM) Serribon: "Haste me!"
(08:48:02 PM) Miriam: Or healing. He took 55 damage.
(08:48:34 PM) Serribon: I'm not slugging it out with this thing.
(08:49:13 PM) ***Vargas casts Haste on his allies hoping they can chop it to pieces before it sets up another swallow.
(08:49:59 PM) Serribon: (I'm at 41 HP w/ my rage con. This is a non-starter)
(08:50:19 PM) Vargas: (Just bad luck. Like the barbargs on Miriam that time)
(08:50:23 PM) ***Miriam flurries again.
(08:50:27 PM) Serribon: (yeah)
(08:50:33 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:50:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 24:12+12
(08:50:39 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:50:39 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 14:2+12
(08:50:40 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(08:50:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 26:14+12
(08:50:45 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+7
(08:50:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 22:15+7
(08:50:53 PM) Miriam: Three again?
(08:51:02 PM) Jeezo: aye
(08:51:08 PM) Miriam: ,roll 3d10+12+6d6
(08:51:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 47:19+12+16
(08:51:15 PM) Miriam: A little better, there!
(08:51:26 PM) ***Miriam just wails on the thing.
(08:51:30 PM) Jeezo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McN3_4vdMGs
(08:51:51 PM) Jeezo: Wow, the creature is totally gonna focus on mirry now, rocked in the weird plant socks by that assault
(08:52:10 PM) Jeezo: now notice I have put on inspiring music, being the bard
(08:52:30 PM) ***Miriam has finally drawn its attention. Just as she planned...
(08:52:38 PM) Miriam: Top of round, Dm.
(08:53:08 PM) Vargas: (I should state something here for future grabby grab.)
(08:53:17 PM) Miriam: (Do.)
(08:53:18 PM) Vargas: (Once you complete a grab, the attack block stops)
(08:53:42 PM) Miriam: (Do what now?)
(08:53:55 PM) Vargas: (Let's say you get 4 attacks, each with a grab addon)
(08:54:12 PM) Vargas: (If you hit, and grab on the first strike, that is the end. You don't to the other 3 attacks)
(08:54:38 PM) Miriam: (Ah, really? Where did you find that?)
(08:55:17 PM) Vargas: (That's the way grabbing works. You enter grapple, and grapplers don't get full attacks. Grabs are made at the end of each individual hit.)
(08:55:28 PM) Vargas: (Not at the end of the block)
(08:55:47 PM) Serribon: (wish we'd done that before it ate half my HP ;) )
(08:56:03 PM) Vargas: (Let's not get bogged down, and just continue with the battle)
(08:56:08 PM) Vargas: (Time is precious)
(08:57:04 PM) Jeezo: v cast?
(08:57:23 PM) Vargas: (It's the plant's turn)
(08:57:29 PM) Vargas: (Miriam just went)
(08:57:41 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:57:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 25:10+15
(08:57:43 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:57:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 20:5+15
(08:57:46 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:57:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 35:20+15
(08:57:47 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:57:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 22:7+15
(08:57:51 PM) Jeezo: okay, what is miriam's AC?
(08:58:00 PM) Miriam: 28 at the moment.
(08:58:05 PM) Jeezo: 1 hit
(08:58:15 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+22
(08:58:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 25:3+22
(08:58:18 PM) Jeezo: CMD?
(08:58:26 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+7
(08:58:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 10:3+7
(08:58:29 PM) Miriam: Vs grapple? 45 currently.
(08:58:29 PM) Jeezo: 10 damage
(08:58:31 PM) Jeezo: heh
(08:58:32 PM) Jeezo: okay then
(08:58:35 PM) Jeezo: moving on
(08:58:38 PM) Jeezo: serri
(08:58:55 PM) ***Serribon retreats.
(08:59:25 PM) Serribon: Actually. Delaying until Miri goes, then retreating.
(08:59:37 PM) Miriam: Vargas.
(08:59:46 PM) Serribon: "I'm out of here. Get it done."
(08:59:49 PM) Vargas: (does the plant have reach?)
(08:59:54 PM) Serribon: (15')
(09:00:41 PM) Jeezo: it does indeed
(09:01:23 PM) Vargas: "I will summon an ally!" He begins summoning a replacement flank buddy for Miriam.
(09:02:01 PM) ***Miriam flurries again!
(09:02:42 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:02:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 21:10+11
(09:02:46 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:02:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 17:6+11
(09:02:50 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:02:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 26:15+11
(09:02:55 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+6
(09:02:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 8:2+6
(09:03:02 PM) Miriam: AP as needed on the 17
(09:03:09 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(09:03:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 7:4+3
(09:03:13 PM) Miriam: 21 hits?
(09:03:38 PM) Serribon: (you adding your haste and flank bonii to-hit?)
(09:03:46 PM) Miriam: Yes.
(09:03:55 PM) Miriam: Is 21 a hit?
(09:04:29 PM) Jeezo: bi
(09:04:30 PM) Jeezo: no
(09:04:34 PM) Miriam: ack!
(09:04:37 PM) Jeezo: 22 is
(09:04:43 PM) Miriam: Hmm.
(09:04:57 PM) Miriam: I'll spend an AP on the 21, then, to make that a hit.
(09:04:58 PM) Miriam: Two hits.
(09:05:01 PM) Jeezo: okay
(09:05:04 PM) Jeezo: damage
(09:05:11 PM) Miriam: ,roll 2d10+8+4d6
(09:05:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 30:8+8+14
(09:05:30 PM) Miriam: "Stay with me, here, Serribon! Fight defensively if you must!"
(09:05:54 PM) Jeezo: The plant looks like it is about to wilt
(09:06:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:06:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 23:9+14
(09:06:58 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:06:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:2+14
(09:07:04 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(09:07:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 14:5+9
(09:07:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+12
(09:07:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:5+12
(09:07:23 PM) Serribon: Er, +1
(09:07:41 PM) ***Serribon swings wildly and manages to land one.
(09:07:48 PM) Miriam: 18 damage?
(09:07:52 PM) Serribon: Yep.
(09:08:47 PM) Jeezo: Yeap
(09:08:53 PM) Jeezo: It is almost keeling now
(09:08:56 PM) Jeezo: WHAT DO VARGAS?
(09:09:22 PM) Serribon: (I think that takes it over, unless you boosted the standard HP)
(09:09:26 PM) Miriam: It's the plant's turn, yo.
(09:09:47 PM) Miriam: (I always boost the HP for a single monster encounter. :-P )
(09:09:57 PM) Vargas: (Yes, Serribon delayed so it is the monster's turn. Then mine)
(09:12:06 PM) ***Miriam is still giving it the "na na na, ppppttththhht!"
(09:12:24 PM) Jeezo: What was the total you've done?
(09:13:10 PM) Miriam: I've done about 100 HP so far. Maybe a touch over.
(09:13:17 PM) Serribon: (17+17+36+47+30+18 for 165
(09:13:45 PM) Jeezo: that laststrike pushed it over, yes
(09:13:50 PM) Jeezo: I was missing a 17 there
(09:14:11 PM) Serribon: (yeah, I hit it twice before it swallowed me, for the same damage both times)
(09:14:21 PM) Vargas: (aww. I was gonna summon celestial gators. Oh well)
(09:14:36 PM) Jeezo: <servoskull> The plant slumps into the muck, oozing ichor
(09:15:13 PM) ***Miriam exhales and then *plop!* sinks into the water.
(09:15:22 PM) ***Serribon stands there, hunched over and breathing heavily.
(09:15:51 PM) ***Vargas slogs over to Serribon to check him over.
(09:16:00 PM) Miriam: "A little touch and go, that one," says Miriam, eyeing Serribon,
(09:16:20 PM) ***Serribon is not doing so go. (sans rage, I'm at 21 HP)
(09:16:25 PM) ***Vargas grumbles, "I swear that damn sphere spell never seems to work."
(09:17:30 PM) Vargas: "Miriam, heal him as best you can before we use the gloves. Then we can wait for Ibram, and either make camp or move out again."
(09:17:43 PM) Vargas: (just roll it)
(09:17:50 PM) Vargas: ,roll 3d8+5
(09:17:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 17:12+5
(09:17:54 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(09:17:55 PM) Serribon: Actually.
(09:18:01 PM) Gerhal: (Get in costume, Bill)
(09:18:11 PM) Gerhal: (I'm gonna crack the whip on all of you.)
(09:18:32 PM) ***Miriam applies her glove and prayers as well to get Serribon back into shape for the remainder of the day.
(09:18:45 PM) Serribon: (yeah, nm. Not going to use my healing surge)
(09:18:54 PM) Miriam: ,roll 3d8+5
(09:18:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 16:11+5
(09:19:03 PM) Serribon: Or maybe I will.
(09:19:07 PM) Miriam: ,roll 6d6
(09:19:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 24
(09:19:21 PM) Miriam: That's 55 so far.
(09:19:28 PM) Miriam: Before your healing thingie.
(09:19:49 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+5
(09:19:50 PM) Gerhal: (You will get at least one 8 hour night of rest before my session)
(09:19:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 11:6+5
(09:20:00 PM) Miriam: And we move on, as Gerhal takes the hat to squeeze in another encounter.
(09:20:11 PM) Miriam: We find a dry spot and make camp for the night.
(09:20:20 PM) Gerhal: (Everybody ready to go? It's on.)
(09:20:24 PM) Serribon: 'kay
(09:21:13 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *catches up, his trousers looking browner than usual*
(09:21:18 PM) Gerhal: So, the team finds a spot where they can make came. Truth is, Vargas found a muddy patch, turned it to solid rock, and then created a cabin on it.
(09:21:36 PM) Miriam: Heh, a wizard did it.
(09:22:05 PM) Gerhal: Everybody piles in, and you guys are on watch outside when Vargas steps outside with bad news.
(09:22:10 PM) Gerhal is now known as Vargas
(09:22:18 PM) Vargas: "Guys, we have a problem."
(09:22:42 PM) Vargas: It's morning. Everybody is actually getting packed to move out for the day.
(09:23:08 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "When don't we?"
(09:23:26 PM) Vargas: "Brrk, and one of the gnomes are sick. They've been munching on poison, and its more serious than brownberries. They've been eating Slurm."
(09:24:07 PM) Miriam: "Now what? don't tell me you ate worms, too?"
(09:24:11 PM) ***Serribon scowls. "I've told them time and again not to eat anything they find without asking."
(09:24:16 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "I thought those were tasty bits."
(09:24:26 PM) Jeezo: (Lol slurm)(
(09:24:49 PM) Vargas: "Slurm is a ichory slime that is produced by some insects to protect their egg clutches. It is sweet, and extremely addictive. They are going into toxic withdrawl."
(09:25:05 PM) Jeezo: (I love you)
(09:25:09 PM) Jeezo: (no homo)
(09:25:22 PM) Miriam: (HAH!)
(09:25:28 PM) Vargas: "I can treat it, but you have to find some more of it so I can cure them."
(09:26:03 PM) Vargas: "They aren't fit to move. So I recommend that I stay here with them in the cabin, and you three can hunt for a new source."
(09:26:30 PM) Vargas: "Serribon will know it when he sees it."
(09:26:56 PM) ***Miriam nods. "All right. Off we go, then."
(09:27:11 PM) ***Miriam suits up--oh wait, no. She goes out in her usual slinky bits.
(09:27:11 PM) Serribon: "What type of insects were they feeding from? I'll have to run down the right nesting conditions, since they won't likely leave tracks for me to find."
(09:28:23 PM) Miriam: And then Vargus briefed Serribon on the relevant details and we set forth!
(09:28:26 PM) ***Vargas gives Serribon a satchel that Brrk was using for Slurm storage. There are shell sacs and shells inside. "I don't recognize this species by egg alone."
(09:28:38 PM) Vargas: (roll both survival, and k. nat)
(09:28:43 PM) Harmonia left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving.).
(09:29:03 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (nat)
(09:29:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (nat): 26:12+14
(09:29:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+16 (surv)
(09:29:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (surv): 34:18+16
(09:29:19 PM) Vargas: "Whatever it was, it was behind us."
(09:29:33 PM) Vargas: The eggs are centipede eggs.
(09:30:03 PM) Vargas: You recall passing an area before the mud that would have been okay grounds for centipedes.
(09:30:32 PM) Serribon: How big?
(09:30:47 PM) Vargas: The eggs are tiny, tiny. Dimunitive.
(09:31:20 PM) Serribon: "Centipedes. Great. But I have an idea where to start."
(09:31:28 PM) Vargas: "Good luck."
(09:31:46 PM) Miriam: "I'm taking the horse this time."
(09:31:58 PM) Vargas: "You are in luck, sense I spoke with them before I prepared spells this morning. You are all getting horses."
(09:32:08 PM) Vargas: Three phantom steeds. Bam.
(09:32:16 PM) Harmonia [~Owner@0-21-63-5a-8e-f3.wlan.lsu.edu] entered the room.
(09:32:17 PM) Vargas: "We can't afford to lose time."
(09:32:28 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "All right."
(09:32:38 PM) Jeezo: (Haha, this is us fighting all the treasureless animals adventures)
(09:32:39 PM) Serribon: "This will get us there faster. But we'll have to get down to search. The clutches will likely be under something."
(09:33:00 PM) Vargas: "Besides, the insects won't attack these horses. Same for crocs, etc...."
(09:33:04 PM) Vargas: (Okay, ready?)
(09:33:16 PM) Miriam: Ready!
(09:33:16 PM) Serribon: (yep)
(09:33:38 PM) Vargas: You guys rocket eastwards on your water walking, 100' speed magic horses that make no noise.
(09:33:46 PM) Vargas: Damn wizards.
(09:34:19 PM) Vargas: It is amazing how much ground you cover compared to gnomes walking in waist deep mud.
(09:34:38 PM) Vargas: You quickly make it back to the area which is fairly decent centipede territory.
(09:34:44 PM) Vargas: Serribon, roll me some tracking.
(09:34:55 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(09:35:17 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:35:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 38:20+18
(09:35:28 PM) Gerhal: (I don't think that's high enough.)
(09:35:31 PM) Gerhal: =P
(09:35:36 PM) Miriam: Heh.
(09:35:45 PM) Serribon: Heh. Did I need to roll perc first?
(09:36:00 PM) Gerhal: Momentarily.
(09:36:46 PM) Gerhal: Serribon navigates you through the jungle like some kind of divining rod. You have no idea what he's looking at, or why. He points, and rides.
(09:37:08 PM) Miriam: And occasionally tastest the mud for no discernable reason.
(09:37:48 PM) Serribon: He's building the database.
(09:37:53 PM) Gerhal: Eventually finds the first big sign. And I mean big. There are trees that have been clawed to pieces, and the ground looks like post hole diggers were used. Hundreds of them.
(09:38:14 PM) ***Serribon looks at the damage then at the bag of egg-leavings.
(09:38:22 PM) Serribon: Then back at the damage.
(09:38:29 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, you have found the territory of a collosal sized centipede.
(09:38:33 PM) Miriam: "Heeeey, now," says Miriam. "Unhh..."
(09:38:48 PM) Serribon: "Hsst!"
(09:38:55 PM) Gerhal: Big game, but certainly a lifetime supply of Slurm.
(09:39:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19 (perc)
(09:39:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (perc): 27:8+19
(09:40:01 PM) Gerhal: Do you seek out the nest hole? Lay a trap? Gimme some plans.
(09:40:02 PM) ***Miriam zips her lips and quietly extracts a Shield wand. And maybe a magic weapon wand.
(09:40:14 PM) ***Miriam looks to Serribon for a plan.
(09:40:36 PM) Gerhal: The trail to the nest hole is about as easy to follow as an exit ramp to a gas station.
(09:41:18 PM) Gerhal: Based on your earlier nature roll, you know that a centipede this size doesn't eat humans usually. They like horses, and deer.
(09:41:34 PM) ***Serribon signs "Dismount. Quickly."
(09:41:37 PM) Gerhal: Problem is, according to Vargas, natural creatures won't touch your phantom horses.
(09:41:59 PM) Gerhal: So you aren't certain what it would do.
(09:42:06 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Huh, all right."
(09:42:23 PM) ***Miriam signs back, "Plan?"
(09:42:43 PM) Miriam: How big is this thing going to be?
(09:42:57 PM) Gerhal: 30x30
(09:43:09 PM) Miriam: :-0
(09:43:24 PM) Serribon: (wouldn't it be more rectangular than square?)
(09:43:29 PM) Gerhal: But it has super squeezing power. It can fight normally in 1/4 that space.
(09:43:38 PM) Gerhal: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Compression-Ex-
(09:44:02 PM) ***Miriam confers with Serribon in a whisper: "How do you propose we do this? Even if we can get the better of it, we need some way to pin it or it will just run off."
(09:44:44 PM) Serribon: "Not sure. It's as big as a tree. But we don't need the monster, just it's eggs. They have to eat constantly, so the nest may be unguarded and we can sneak in."
(09:44:45 PM) Gerhal: (Serribon, you can either get slurm from the centipede, or try to extract some from the eggs in the nest area)
(09:45:22 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Man I've got nothin."
(09:45:44 PM) Gerhal: Roll me another knowledge nature
(09:46:00 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:46:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:5+14
(09:46:26 PM) Gerhal: Nothing else occurs to you.
(09:47:07 PM) Serribon: "It prefers larger prey than us, but I don't know if it would go for the fake horses."
(09:47:39 PM) ***Miriam looks around, keeping an eye on the woods. "So, go for the eggs and skeedaddle, then? Or put some time into making some kind of enormous snare out of whole trees and a dead monkey?"
(09:48:03 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Maybe I could kill it?"
(09:48:11 PM) Serribon: "I really don't know. These things aren't even supposed to be real. But here we are."
(09:48:50 PM) Miriam: "Ibram, if we do start to win, it will just run away. It's a bug."
(09:49:23 PM) Serribon: "I don't see why it can't die. But it would be a massive undertaking. And it may be poisonous. Though I have no idea why it would need to be."
(09:49:33 PM) Miriam: "Well, make a decision, boss," says Miriam to Serribon. "I certqinly don't want to be here with NO plan when it pops out."
(09:50:08 PM) Gerhal: Serribon would know that the move speed on a centipede this fast would be incredible. Natural horses could not outrun it.
(09:50:28 PM) Serribon: "Slink in the nest and try to harvest some slurm. Make for the horses if it shows up. I think we can outrun it with our ghost-horses. So we have that going for us."
(09:51:01 PM) ***Miriam nods. "All right. Who goes in?"
(09:51:55 PM) Serribon: "Me and Ibram, I think. You'd stand a better chance of spotting it if it comes up on us. And we would maybe survive longer if we had to push past it."
(09:52:28 PM) Miriam: "All right. I'll keep watch out here."
(09:53:09 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d5
(09:53:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 5
(09:53:20 PM) Serribon: That doesn't bode well.
(09:53:23 PM) Gerhal: Centipede is not home, according to sign. You think.
(09:53:46 PM) Serribon: "Ibram, you wanna get the light?"
(09:54:23 PM) Gerhal: The nest is a big cave underneath a thick, thick stand of trees. The centipede dug through all the roots, using them to create a stable cave system in the moist earth.
(09:55:03 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Sure. *he does so*
(09:55:39 PM) Gerhal: Going in?
(09:55:43 PM) Gerhal: Gimme sneak mods.
(09:55:54 PM) ***Serribon goes sneaky-sneak down the centipede-hole. (Stealth at +17 unless this still counts as 'forest')
(09:56:27 PM) ***Miriam climbs up into the lower branches of the trees and gets her bow out and keeps watch.
(09:56:32 PM) Jeezo: Ibram is like -6
(09:56:44 PM) ***Miriam keeps her signal whistle in her lips, ready to toot.
(09:56:50 PM) Serribon: (and Serribon knows this)
(09:57:00 PM) Gerhal: When you come to the cave, you find a steep drop off.
(09:57:00 PM) Serribon: (that's why Ibby has the light)
(09:57:15 PM) Gerhal: 20' cliff face.
(09:57:27 PM) Gerhal: But, it has lots of root hand holds.
(09:57:54 PM) Serribon: "Are you going to be able to get down?"
(10:00:23 PM) Miriam: Ibram can climb.
(10:01:00 PM) Serribon: My base climb is 8 +ladder bonus.
(10:01:02 PM) Gerhal: DC 10 wall essentially.
(10:01:17 PM) Gerhal: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/climb
(10:01:31 PM) Serribon: Taking 10, then, unless we're in a hurry.
(10:01:57 PM) Gerhal: Well, you guys get down. You tear through some looser roots, but it is no big deal.
(10:02:05 PM) Jeezo: ibram doesn't even need a ladder
(10:02:13 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *is just like fuck it bra, and climbs*
(10:02:25 PM) Gerhal: The cave immediately veers to the left, and sort of curves inward.
(10:02:39 PM) Gerhal: So imagine the cave turns like, and then coils.
(10:02:49 PM) Serribon: Gotcha.
(10:02:54 PM) Gerhal: If you played FF4, think the Antlion cave.
(10:03:10 PM) Gerhal: But you can't see the center.
(10:03:29 PM) Gerhal: Roll perceptions.
(10:03:34 PM) Serribon: (heh. that's something they dont' do in RPGs much anymore. Back in the day, there was always a giant antlion boss)
(10:03:37 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:03:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 32:15+17
(10:05:11 PM) Gerhal: The cave exterior is pourous as it can be. Hundreds of earthy and rooty knooks and crannies. You see died egg sacs, and stale Slurm. Stale slime won't do. You need the fresh stuff.
(10:05:22 PM) Gerhal: The air in here is sickly sweet.
(10:05:55 PM) Gerhal: It occurs to you that if you had enough Slurm in a poorly ventilated cave, you'd actually get a Slurm vapor.
(10:06:16 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:06:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 21:20+1
(10:06:18 PM) Jeezo: holy shit
(10:06:26 PM) Serribon: *blink*
(10:06:39 PM) Gerhal: It's food. Slurm. Pure sugar. Ibram is on it like a cop on a donut.
(10:06:39 PM) Miriam: Ibram observes something!
(10:06:39 PM) Serribon: (We're through the looking-glass here, people!)
(10:07:11 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *sniff, sniff* "huh..."
(10:07:44 PM) Serribon: "We may be breathing it in. Best to get twice as much - he may need to cure us, too."
(10:07:45 PM) Gerhal: Miriam is on overwatch in the trees. Your horses wait patiently on the ground, contemplating the alien nature of this /real/ world.
(10:08:02 PM) ***Miriam sits very, very still on her perch.
(10:08:13 PM) Gerhal: (continue into the den?)
(10:08:19 PM) Serribon: Yeah
(10:08:39 PM) Gerhal: About 90 degrees around you find another 20' drop off.
(10:08:45 PM) Gerhal: At 180, another 20'
(10:08:50 PM) Serribon: (actually, would we get a fort save v. slurm gas?)
(10:08:53 PM) Gerhal: And 270, another 20'.
(10:09:00 PM) Gerhal: (It's not pure enough yet)
(10:09:15 PM) Gerhal: (But like any poison, yes)
(10:10:08 PM) Serribon: After the third drop, Serri is getting uneasy. "If we don't find any fresh by the next drop, we'll have to try something else. We're so far in, we'd never hear Miriam's signal.
(10:10:35 PM) Gerhal: At the 270 degree on the wheel mark, you can almost feel rock candy forming on your nose hairs. It is pitch black down here. Silent. Still.
(10:11:16 PM) Gerhal: Turning the corner, you can see a massive pit filled with straw, plant matter, bones, and egg sacs coated in a fresh, sweet slime.
(10:11:31 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Good point."
(10:11:33 PM) Gerhal: Roll perc, and fort saves.
(10:11:37 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:11:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 14:13+1
(10:11:38 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:11:39 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:2+17
(10:11:50 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (fort)
(10:11:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (fort): 29:15+14
(10:12:06 PM) Gerhal: (Thank you Emprah, for making our lives interesting)
(10:12:08 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:12:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 20:10+10
(10:13:13 PM) Gerhal: Man, that slime looks good. It smells soooooooooo good.
(10:13:24 PM) Gerhal: You could just reach out, and taste it. Just a little bit.
(10:13:32 PM) Gerhal: But you resist the temptation.
(10:13:36 PM) Serribon: Which, both?
(10:14:05 PM) Gerhal: (You both saved versus vapor)
(10:14:22 PM) Gerhal: You can walk out there, and collect slime without eating it.
(10:15:52 PM) Gerhal: (Remember, limited time folks)
(10:16:04 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *will go out and collect him some then*
(10:16:09 PM) ***Serribon gets an empty jar out of his pack and holds it out to Ibram. "Fill this. I'll keep watch."
(10:16:10 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Hmrh, interesting."
(10:16:26 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *takes the jar and goes to town*
(10:16:45 PM) ***Serribon gets out his halberd.
(10:17:36 PM) Gerhal: Hmmm. So tempting. A single finger worth couldn't hurt right? Just a little. You've been on the road so long now Ibram, and how long as it been since you've had sugar? Oh, that's right. Sugar doesn't exist in Herzland. Only sweet liquors.
(10:18:44 PM) Gerhal: But you scoop it into the jar, squishing about.
(10:18:49 PM) Serribon: (they've got bees, don't they?)
(10:19:26 PM) Gerhal: (They've got some honey, but like salt and pepper it isn't nearly as common as it is today)
(10:19:48 PM) Gerhal: (I'm just pointing out they don't have sugar cane)
(10:20:02 PM) Serribon: (right-o)
(10:20:16 PM) Gerhal: Ibram steps on something, and there is a farting noise.
(10:20:22 PM) Gerhal: Pffffffttttttttttttttt-rrrrrprpt.
(10:20:48 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "ooops/"
(10:21:35 PM) Gerhal: Suddenly silence turns into whitenoise of thousands upon thousands of tiny, no, dimunitive centipedes come pouring out of the walls.
(10:22:22 PM) ***Miriam sits in her perch, thinking, "Hum de dum. This is rather pleasant."
(10:22:33 PM) Gerhal: The entire cave practically turns into a three dimensional crawling swarm of black on black.
(10:22:45 PM) Gerhal: Time to escape, homies.
(10:22:47 PM) Serribon: "Of course there's a swarm."
(10:22:54 PM) Serribon: "Time to go, Ibram!"
(10:23:02 PM) nacht [Mibbit@ip98-168-142-217.ok.ok.cox.net] entered the room.
(10:23:38 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Okay!"
(10:23:48 PM) ***Serribon waits long enough to make sure he's on the move and makes a break for it.
(10:24:10 PM) Gerhal: Okay, so you are hoofing it out. Oh man, the cliffs.
(10:24:35 PM) Gerhal: How do you scale the first 20' wall? DC 10 to climb, but you climb at 1/4 speed. That means swarm attacks.
(10:25:01 PM) Serribon: "Ibram, can you crisp them?"
(10:25:08 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "A few!"
(10:25:15 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Did you bring any lamp oil?
(10:25:40 PM) Serribon: "I think I may still have some. It's been a while."
(10:25:53 PM) ***Serribon reaches into his magic pack.
(10:26:09 PM) Serribon: (ah, I do still have one)
(10:26:25 PM) Gerhal: There is little time. Without barrels of oil, or a wizard, the swarm cannot be repelled. It is behind you, above you, around you. And soon to be on you.
(10:26:56 PM) Serribon: "Think we'll have to just push through. Never a wizard when you need one..."
(10:26:57 PM) Gerhal: You could jump the wall.
(10:27:03 PM) Gerhal: Or teamwork it. Or something.
(10:27:56 PM) Serribon: I could, but I don't think Ibby can.
(10:28:17 PM) Serribon: "Ibram, come here."
(10:29:05 PM) Miriam: Each step up is only 20 feet, right? Serribon should be able to boost Ibram up to give him a head start, and then follow. That might help with Ibram's climb DC.
(10:29:08 PM) Gerhal: (Hurry guys, escaping the swarm is not the final act. It is just the setup)
(10:29:09 PM) ***Serribon reaches out and channels the spirit of the grasshopper into the dragon king. "Get a running start at the wall and jump!"
(10:29:34 PM) Gerhal: (Nice move!)
(10:29:41 PM) Serribon: +10 to Acrobatics for jumping for the next 5 minutes.
(10:29:47 PM) Serribon: I'll just have to try it unassisted.
(10:30:27 PM) Serribon: My acro mod is +14
(10:30:57 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *he considers for a moment, then will nod at Serri*
(10:31:01 PM) Gerhal: (So, you can jump, and then use that as a bonus for the start of your climb)
(10:31:09 PM) Serribon: That's the idea, I think.
(10:31:12 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "All right!"
(10:31:19 PM) Gerhal: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/acrobatics
(10:31:19 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *does just that, like an action movie hero*
(10:31:24 PM) Gerhal: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/climb
(10:31:31 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (acro)
(10:31:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (acro): 19:5+14
(10:31:48 PM) Gerhal: Serribon skips 10 ft, before climbing.
(10:32:03 PM) Gerhal: (I'm giving you six feet from height and arms)
(10:32:09 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (climb)
(10:32:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (climb): 28:20+8
(10:32:17 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+14 (climb)
(10:32:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (climb): 27:13+14
(10:32:22 PM) Gerhal: Serribon scales the first wall like a boss.
(10:32:25 PM) Jeezo: (I forgot how useful armor training is)
(10:32:33 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "BUGGER THIS."
(10:32:35 PM) Gerhal: Roll jump, ibby
(10:32:49 PM) Serribon: (Heh. All those times I thought I could do without spider slippers)
(10:32:51 PM) Jeezo: What is the bonus from a runing start?
(10:33:22 PM) Gerhal: (nothing for high jump I think)
(10:33:35 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+0
(10:33:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 20:20+0
(10:33:38 PM) Jeezo: HAH
(10:33:48 PM) Gerhal: +10 from Jump spell.
(10:33:51 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *is clearly in an action buddy movie today*
(10:33:52 PM) Gerhal: 30.
(10:34:10 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Whooooooooa!"
(10:34:20 PM) Serribon: Shoot. I forget I get a bonus to jumping already thanks to fast movement
(10:34:26 PM) Gerhal: By Gott, Ibram leaps like a grasshopper, and clears twelve feet before climbing.
(10:34:34 PM) Serribon: +4 to that earlier result.
(10:34:46 PM) Gerhal: You manage to get up the first wall without the swarm feasting on you.
(10:35:14 PM) Gerhal: The swarm is as fast as Ibram, but it has climb speed. They are upon your heels. Serribon, do you stay with Ibram or outrun them?
(10:35:25 PM) Gerhal: You have a wall coming up.
(10:35:56 PM) ***Serribon will go as fast as he can to help Ibram up when necessary.
(10:36:28 PM) Gerhal: Okay, you make to the 2nd wall. (180 degrees)
(10:36:29 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (acro for the next jump)
(10:36:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (acro for the next jump): 25:7+18
(10:36:48 PM) Gerhal: Swarm on your heels. Anyone who does not clear it in 1 turn, gets swarmed.
(10:37:32 PM) Gerhal: Serribon makes it 12' before climbing...
(10:37:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (climb)
(10:37:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (climb): 23:15+8
(10:37:41 PM) Gerhal: And he's up.
(10:37:44 PM) Gerhal: Ibram!
(10:37:50 PM) Serribon: my quarter speed is 10', by the way.
(10:38:05 PM) Gerhal: (right)
(10:38:06 PM) Serribon: well, 11
(10:38:18 PM) Jeezo: ibram is climbing
(10:38:21 PM) Serribon: no, wait, 10. Sorry. Thought my speed was 45
(10:38:24 PM) Jeezo: and he's taking -5 penalty for half speed
(10:38:27 PM) Jeezo: dohoho
(10:38:41 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+10 (jump)
(10:38:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (jump): 12:2+10
(10:38:45 PM) Gerhal: (Oh, look at that. Somebody reading the rules on me, haha)
(10:38:48 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *almost trips on the jump*
(10:38:57 PM) Gerhal: 9 feet start.
(10:38:58 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+9 (climb)
(10:38:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (climb): 18:9+9
(10:39:12 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *forces himself to climb faster though*
(10:39:15 PM) Gerhal: Still passes. 9 + 15 = you are up!
(10:39:20 PM) Gerhal: Next wall.
(10:39:31 PM) Gerhal: The swarm of clicky death is behind you!
(10:39:54 PM) ***Serribon legs it.
(10:40:06 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(10:40:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 17:2+15
(10:40:23 PM) Gerhal: Miriam is obviously bored out of her mind.
(10:41:07 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20
(10:41:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 9
(10:41:14 PM) Miriam: Heh.
(10:41:40 PM) Gerhal: But she can still hear the sound of brush getting trampled somewhere out there. It sounds like the deer stampede.
(10:42:06 PM) Gerhal: (Come on guys, 2 more walls to clear.)
(10:42:11 PM) Gerhal: (Same tests)
(10:42:47 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (jump)
(10:42:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (jump): 27:9+18
(10:42:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (climb)
(10:42:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (climb): 24:16+8
(10:42:56 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+10 (jump)
(10:42:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (jump): 23:13+10
(10:42:58 PM) Gerhal: Serribon is clear.
(10:42:58 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+9 (climb)
(10:42:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (climb): 20:11+9
(10:43:02 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (jump)
(10:43:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (jump): 28:10+18
(10:43:07 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *wheezes* "FUCK THIS."
(10:43:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (climb)
(10:43:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (climb): 12:4+8
(10:43:36 PM) Gerhal: (Ibram is like the fat kid in gym class who is secretly Hercules)
(10:43:53 PM) Serribon: (like the Kingpin - all that flab is just padding)
(10:44:00 PM) Gerhal: Serribon clears both walls. Ibram has 1 more wall.
(10:44:15 PM) Gerhal: (In retrospect, I should have made the walls higher. Oh well.)
(10:44:25 PM) Gerhal: (How often do we use jump / climb anyways?)
(10:44:57 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+10 (jump)
(10:44:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (jump): 12:2+10
(10:44:59 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+9 (climb)
(10:44:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo, (climb): 14:5+9
(10:45:10 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *wheezes more* "Seriously, fuck this!"
(10:45:50 PM) Serribon: (fortunately, not terribly often. But unless the dice screw me, Serri handles them like a pro)
(10:45:58 PM) Gerhal: Ibram is feeling his legs burn on that last one. He's almost short when Serribon reaches down, and pulls him up that last few feet.
(10:46:14 PM) Gerhal: As you cross the threshold of sunlight, the swarm stops.
(10:46:35 PM) Gerhal: A herd of wild deer come storming through tearing up the brush.
(10:46:58 PM) Serribon: "Oh, that's not good."
(10:47:02 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *wheeze, wheeze*
(10:47:07 PM) ***Miriam perks up at all the crashing and rustling.
(10:47:09 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "Horses!"
(10:47:36 PM) Gerhal: SNAP! WHOOOSH! WHUMP! A screaming deer.
(10:48:12 PM) Serribon: "Not yet. Hide!"
(10:48:53 PM) Serribon: "Hunker down within easy reach, but don't mount yet."
(10:49:18 PM) Gerhal: A massive shape punches through the foliage and the largest insect you have ever seen in your lives appears. It's like a freight train of chitin. Pure natural terror. It has a crushed buck in its mouth, and it doesn't even care.
(10:50:11 PM) Gerhal: The phantom horses don't seem perturbed in the slightest. They don't startle, or flee. The titanic centipede sees a horse, and rushes for one of them.
(10:50:17 PM) Gerhal: Roll init.
(10:50:22 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(10:50:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 14:5+9
(10:50:30 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3
(10:50:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 12:9+3
(10:50:41 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20
(10:50:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 14
(10:51:17 PM) Gerhal: The titanic centipede doesn't appear to know that you are here. It has simply zeroed in on something that looks like a horse.
(10:52:19 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+2
(10:52:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 12:10+2
(10:52:23 PM) ***Miriam holds still. Can I see the lads from where I am? Do I know that they are here?
(10:52:34 PM) Gerhal: Miriam can see the guys.
(10:52:52 PM) Gerhal: Serribon has the higher init mod.
(10:52:55 PM) Gerhal: He has first action.
(10:53:03 PM) Gerhal: Roll k. nat, Serribon.
(10:53:12 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:53:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:11+14
(10:53:30 PM) Gerhal: It may be able to smell the Slurm vapor on you, if you stay close.
(10:53:38 PM) Gerhal: That's what your knowledge tells you.
(10:53:41 PM) Gerhal: Your action.
(10:54:48 PM) ***Serribon hisses at Ibram, "It might smell the slurm. We need to distract it so you can get away."
(10:54:49 PM) ***Miriam waits to see what Serribon's plan is before risking revealing herself to the thing.
(10:55:08 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *nods, and hands serri his fire sword* "Burn something"
(10:55:23 PM) Serribon: (do the horses have to be verbally commanded, or are they psychic or anything?"
(10:55:45 PM) Gerhal: (They act like quasi normal horses, sorta)
(10:56:11 PM) Serribon: (Can they be made to run from the centipede?)
(10:56:45 PM) Gerhal: (They will most likely evade on their init)
(10:56:50 PM) Miriam: (If one of us boards one. :-)
(10:56:55 PM) Gerhal: (Or, you hope so)
(10:57:13 PM) Gerhal: (You don't understand these horses. They aren't natural. They perturb your ranger skills)
(10:57:30 PM) Serribon: (actually, I can deal with magical animals, too)
(10:57:38 PM) Gerhal: (The horses will only respond to the one they were summoned for)
(10:57:56 PM) Serribon: (Ok. Who's horse has it gone for?"
(10:58:04 PM) Gerhal: (They aren't even magic animals. They are like outsider constructs based on previous conversation with Ancient.)
(10:58:11 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(10:58:16 PM) Gerhal: (Lvl 1 mounts would be magical beasts)
(10:58:28 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d3
(10:58:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 3
(10:58:38 PM) Gerhal: Serribon's horse.
(10:59:03 PM) Serribon: Naturally. =)
(10:59:47 PM) Serribon: Did we make it to the horses before the titan appeared, or do I need to cover ground?
(10:59:55 PM) Gerhal: You must cover ground.
(10:59:59 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d100
(11:00:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 98
(11:00:07 PM) Gerhal: ... 98' of it.
(11:00:31 PM) Gerhal: (I'm using dice to keep this fast)
(11:01:04 PM) ***Miriam looks down at the boys.
(11:01:44 PM) ***Serribon takes Ibby's sword and launches a bolt of fire into the litter piled up around the opening of the nest.
(11:02:10 PM) Serribon: (that's, what, a ranged touch?)
(11:02:20 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+4
(11:02:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 21:17+4
(11:02:25 PM) Gerhal: (yes)
(11:02:37 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+13
(11:02:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:4+13
(11:03:20 PM) Gerhal: The TC's senses immediately catch on to the sight of fire. Fire, the bane of all natural things. The weapon of man. The weapon of the gods who throw down fire from the sky.
(11:04:01 PM) ***Serribon uses the rest of his action to advance towards the mounts.
(11:04:11 PM) Gerhal: It diverts course, avoiding the phantom steed. It double moves toward the fire, and it sees Serribon at its destination. (-20 to hide after a snipe anyhow)
(11:04:24 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:04:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:7+19
(11:04:30 PM) Serribon: (ah, well)
(11:04:33 PM) Gerhal: Well, okay. Double move toward Serribon as source of fire.
(11:04:47 PM) Gerhal: Miriam's turn, then Ibby.
(11:05:05 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *Heads towards the phantom steed, time to get while getting is good*
(11:05:07 PM) Miriam: The monster moves toward the fire?
(11:05:21 PM) Gerhal: Toward the source of the fire.
(11:05:21 PM) Serribon: Towards me as the source of the fire.
(11:05:26 PM) Miriam: Interesting.
(11:05:37 PM) ***Miriam will move to her horse and mount.
(11:05:43 PM) Gerhal: This thing has a move speed of 60, base. It is a literally freight train of chitin.
(11:06:17 PM) Miriam: My intent is to mount up and then help Serribon draw the monster's attention, since that is what he seems to be doing. She'll wing it from there.
(11:06:24 PM) Gerhal: Ok.
(11:06:27 PM) Gerhal: Ibram?
(11:07:37 PM) Miriam: Ibram is running for his horse to make his get-away.
(11:07:43 PM) Gerhal: Everybody give me a wisdom check too.
(11:08:03 PM) Gerhal: Okay, if Ibby is going for his horse...
(11:08:12 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+4
(11:08:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 22:18+4
(11:08:22 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3 WIS
(11:08:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, WIS: 14:11+3
(11:08:44 PM) Gerhal: The centipede is aware of him, and will use its 30' reach to attack him because it detects Slurm on him.
(11:08:50 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+2 (wis)
(11:08:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (wis): 21:19+2
(11:08:53 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:08:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 16:1+15
(11:08:59 PM) Gerhal: (rofl)
(11:09:13 PM) Gerhal: Ibram slaps its head aside with a casual flick of his shield.
(11:09:35 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, you realize that you could make tons of gnome canoes from the shell plates of this creature.
(11:09:43 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+1
(11:09:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 15:14+1
(11:11:19 PM) Gerhal: Serribon's turn.
(11:11:25 PM) Serribon: Distance to the titan?
(11:11:44 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d3
(11:11:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 2
(11:11:48 PM) Gerhal: 10'
(11:11:50 PM) ***Miriam draws her greatsword as she mounts the horse. She watches serribon for her cue.
(11:12:14 PM) ***Serribon books it for the giant and jumps, leading with the blade of Ibram's sword.
(11:12:21 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (acrobatics)
(11:12:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (acrobatics): 24:6+18
(11:12:54 PM) Gerhal: (it's AoO was already used)
(11:13:02 PM) Gerhal: Attack!
(11:13:12 PM) Serribon: That was a check to get on the thing.
(11:13:23 PM) Gerhal: Oh.
(11:13:32 PM) Gerhal: *headscratch*
(11:13:33 PM) Serribon: Or to try.
(11:13:44 PM) Serribon: (It worked on the giant roc)
(11:14:10 PM) Gerhal: This guy has a CMD of 41, and doesn't want to take riders.
(11:14:33 PM) Gerhal: I will call this one a failure to mount, unless you want to try something different.
(11:15:33 PM) Serribon: No, that was the idea. Can I salvage an attack out of it?
(11:15:39 PM) Gerhal: You may
(11:15:48 PM) Serribon: What's the + on the sword?
(11:15:56 PM) Gerhal: +1
(11:16:28 PM) Serribon: any other mods /penalties for movement?
(11:16:41 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:16:58 PM) Gerhal: Not at this point.
(11:17:11 PM) Gerhal: Is dicebot alive?
(11:17:18 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:17:25 PM) Serribon: Looks like not
(11:17:30 PM) Gerhal: FYI, AC is 21.
(11:18:06 PM) Gerhal: (Ancient, you there?)
(11:18:06 PM) Serribon: ( I don't have wine installed, so I can't load the backup bot)
(11:18:33 PM) Ancient [~Ancient@ip98-183-215-196.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(11:18:43 PM) Ancient: Last I saw was failure to mount.
(11:18:59 PM) Gerhal: Reposted in IM
(11:19:26 PM) InquisitorHex left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(11:19:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(11:19:26 PM) Jeezo left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(11:19:27 PM) nacht left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(11:19:27 PM) Harmonia left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(11:19:29 PM) Miriam left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(11:19:45 PM) Serribon: Ah
(11:19:46 PM) Gerhal: ...
(11:19:49 PM) Ancient: All right, so what are we up to?
(11:19:51 PM) InquisitorHex [~Ancient@ip98-183-215-196.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(11:19:51 PM) Jeezo [~ThunderHa@c-68-63-91-80.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] entered the room.
(11:19:58 PM) Serribon: Need the bot
(11:20:01 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(11:20:03 PM) Miriam: ,daat
(11:20:04 PM) Gerhal: Serribon is trying to roll his attack.
(11:20:14 PM) Serribon: Empra was netsplit
(11:20:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah [~HAXX_Empr@ip98-183-215-196.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(11:20:19 PM) Miriam: ,daat
(11:20:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: 155. Teenage prince and princess of separate lands create long and angst-ridden drama. The people
(11:20:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: call out for a dragon.
(11:20:24 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:20:24 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 30:15+15
(11:20:44 PM) Gerhal: hit
(11:20:50 PM) Serribon: longsword's a d6, yeah? And it's flaming?
(11:21:05 PM) Gerhal: Yes.
(11:21:09 PM) Gerhal: err
(11:21:12 PM) Gerhal: d8
(11:21:13 PM) Gerhal: d6 fire
(11:21:17 PM) Gerhal: d8 is longsword
(11:21:18 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+1d6
(11:21:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 14:8+6
(11:21:34 PM) Gerhal: Serribon strikes the first blow!
(11:21:51 PM) Gerhal: The TC is angry. How dare these invaders steal Slurm!
(11:22:00 PM) Gerhal: It uses Trample.
(11:22:00 PM) nacht [Mibbit@ip98-168-142-217.ok.ok.cox.net] entered the room.
(11:22:00 PM) Harmonia [~Owner@0-21-63-5a-8e-f3.wlan.lsu.edu] entered the room.
(11:22:12 PM) Gerhal: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Trample-Ex-
(11:22:21 PM) Gerhal: Ibram, and Serribon.
(11:22:28 PM) Gerhal: You make 1 AoO each.
(11:22:34 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:22:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 36:16+20
(11:22:45 PM) Gerhal: In addition, you may choose to evade the trample with a reflex save for half dmg.
(11:22:45 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:22:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:10+15
(11:22:56 PM) Gerhal: Both hits.
(11:22:59 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+1d6
(11:22:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 6:4+2
(11:23:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10 (ref save)
(11:23:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (ref save): 18:8+10
(11:23:24 PM) Gerhal: save dc for trample is 31 ref.
(11:23:30 PM) Serribon: Jeezum
(11:23:42 PM) Gerhal: (Titan is titanic)
(11:24:01 PM) Miriam: Please clarify the tactical situation for me. Who's being trqmpled, qnd where am I?
(11:24:13 PM) Serribon: Yeah, I've seen its damage dice. This is gonna suck.
(11:24:19 PM) Gerhal: Miriam, you are 30' from the rear of the TC.
(11:24:23 PM) Gerhal: On your steed.
(11:24:35 PM) Gerhal: Ibram and Serribon are in its huge melee range.
(11:24:37 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+10
(11:24:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 17:7+10
(11:24:41 PM) Gerhal: And they are being trampled.
(11:24:47 PM) Gerhal: Horses are clear right now.
(11:24:54 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 6d6+24 (trample dmg. Half on save)
(11:24:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal, (trample dmg. Half on save): 42:18+24
(11:24:59 PM) Miriam: All right, let me know when it's my turn.
(11:25:31 PM) Gerhal: (37 dealt to TC so far)
(11:25:36 PM) Gerhal: Miriam's turn.
(11:26:39 PM) ***Miriam charges for the flank attack with her sword.
(11:26:53 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:26:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 21:6+15
(11:26:59 PM) Gerhal: AC is 21, so hit.
(11:27:20 PM) Miriam: ,roll 2d6+7+1d6+2d6
(11:27:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 26:10+7+3+6
(11:27:50 PM) Gerhal: 63 dealt so far.
(11:27:53 PM) Gerhal: Ibram!
(11:28:51 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> *will engage a full attack trying to cut it down*
(11:28:55 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d10+20
(11:28:55 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 24:4+20
(11:29:00 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:29:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 37:17+20
(11:29:01 PM) Gerhal: (ok!)
(11:29:07 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:29:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 22:7+15
(11:29:10 PM) Jeezo: haha, hit it on a d1
(11:29:12 PM) Jeezo: d10
(11:29:57 PM) Gerhal: All hits.
(11:31:10 PM) Gerhal: Gimme dmg
(11:31:20 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+10
(11:31:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 17:7+10
(11:31:21 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+10
(11:31:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 14:4+10
(11:31:24 PM) Jeezo: 31 more
(11:31:38 PM) Gerhal: Serribon's turn.
(11:31:50 PM) ***Serribon goes for the full attack.
(11:31:58 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+13
(11:31:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:12+13
(11:32:03 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+13
(11:32:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:12+13
(11:32:09 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8
(11:32:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 15:7+8
(11:32:40 PM) Gerhal: 21 is ac, so 2 hits
(11:32:43 PM) Gerhal: ?
(11:33:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+4+1d6+1d3+4
(11:33:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 23:6+4+6+3+4
(11:33:40 PM) Gerhal: Rofl-trample.
(11:34:01 PM) Gerhal: Take your AoOs.
(11:34:01 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10 (ref)
(11:34:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (ref): 15:5+10
(11:34:07 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:34:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 24:9+15
(11:34:14 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d8+4+1d6
(11:34:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 14:5+4+5
(11:35:05 PM) Gerhal: Miriam and ibby too.
(11:35:20 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+15
(11:35:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 32:17+15
(11:35:24 PM) Jeezo: +20
(11:35:29 PM) Jeezo: oh wait this blade is keen
(11:35:34 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:35:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 25:5+20
(11:35:39 PM) Jeezo: enoguh to crit?
(11:35:46 PM) Gerhal: You need 18 to get crit range
(11:35:56 PM) Jeezo: oh, not doubled anymore, right
(11:36:03 PM) ***Jeezo flappycats
(11:36:08 PM) Gerhal: But you got a base hit.
(11:36:09 PM) Jeezo: ,roll 1d8+10
(11:36:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Jeezo: 12:2+10
(11:36:32 PM) Gerhal: Stop slacking Ancient, roll it!
(11:36:49 PM) Miriam: Sorry! Hold on.
(11:37:12 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:37:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 21:7+14
(11:37:26 PM) Miriam: ,roll 2d6+7+3d6
(11:37:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 29:9+7+13
(11:38:53 PM) Gerhal: None of you are entirely certain of what's going on. The TC is like a circular mountain of chitin and muscle with thousands of spearlegs thicker than your own chests. You stab and swing and cut with a prayer of hope that it will die before you are overrun.
(11:39:09 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 6d6+24 (trample dmg)
(11:39:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal, (trample dmg): 40:16+24
(11:39:33 PM) Gerhal: In the end, it's like the two samurai who have buried their blades in each other during the draw.
(11:39:47 PM) Gerhal: The beast drops dead before your steel, but not before it takes its due.
(11:40:06 PM) Gerhal: (dmg taken, but the beast is dead)
(11:40:42 PM) ***Miriam brings her pseudohorse to a stop and catches her breath.
(11:41:32 PM) ***Serribon pants and takes a breather against the inert bulk of the dead titan.
(11:42:00 PM) Serribon: "That could have gone worse. Everyone alive?"
(11:42:18 PM) Miriam: "Alive," says Miriam, closing her eyes for a moment.
(11:42:41 PM) Harmonia left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving.).
(11:42:52 PM) Serribon: "Here, Ibram." He holds out the sword.
(11:43:55 PM) Gerhal: (Battle complete. You may RP dealing with the aftermath as you see fit)
(11:44:06 PM) Jeezo: (So who got all tramped there?)
(11:44:10 PM) Miriam is now known as D_M
(11:44:10 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "nrrkgh."
(11:44:21 PM) Serribon: (me, twice)
(11:44:49 PM) Gerhal: (Man, the trample dmg on that beast is brutal.
(11:45:00 PM) Serribon: (as you said, it's a living freight train)
(11:45:34 PM) nacht: (eat it. gain its power....and uh...you now have armor)
(11:45:56 PM) Serribon: "Let's get this crud back to camp. Hopefully, there will be enough left for Vargas to phantograph in the morning."
(11:46:18 PM) ***D_M nods. "Right, then."
(11:46:33 PM) Serribon: "There's no way we're hauling this thing anywhere."
(11:46:36 PM) Gerhal: (What you need of this beast to make canoes and whatnot is a mere pittance. A phantograph shall be taken.)
(11:47:42 PM) D_M: And, thank you, G, for running that. And thanks to everyone for staying up late.
(11:48:12 PM) Serribon: "Ibram, could you can work with this shell? We could make boats and armor for the gnomes. And maybe it's time I get a shield."
(11:48:38 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "I'm a blacksmith man"
(11:49:07 PM) Jeezo: <ibram> "I don'treally know how to skin and treat animals, but I could probably at least figure something out."
(11:49:57 PM) D_M: Serribon can hash stuff together with Survival.
(11:49:59 PM) Serribon: "Well, it's not exactly metal, so I wasn't sure. But you know how to construct weapons and armor. Together, we can probably work out how to preserve the chitin well enough.
(11:50:07 PM) Serribon: (also, craft:leather)
(11:51:37 PM) Gerhal: It's a good thing Ibram didn't fall prey to slurm, and get stuck inside the nest while the swarm ate him.
(11:52:17 PM) D_M: That's true!
(11:52:21 PM) Serribon: Verily
(11:52:47 PM) Gerhal: I'm very pleased with how my encounter turned out. Much better than my last few.
(11:52:55 PM) D_M: Oh?
(11:53:02 PM) D_M is now known as Ancient
(11:53:08 PM) You are now known as Rivet_
(11:53:16 PM) Rivet_: I dunno. I enjoyed your segments.
(11:54:06 PM) Gerhal: Yeah, but I feel like this one was more technically clever.
(12:00:03 AM) Jeezo: and mine was just horrifying
(12:00:09 AM) Jeezo: but less scatalogical than uusals
(12:00:21 AM) Ancient: Definitely that.
(12:01:14 AM) Rivet_: Well, plants mostly eat poop, so there's that.
(12:01:29 AM) Rivet_: in a roundabout way
(12:01:51 AM) Gerhal: Plants eat poop in the same way politicians feed on stupidity.
(12:03:54 AM) Ancient: You know, flytraps in particular do what they do because the soil is insufficiently nutritious. This session might therefore be Bill's treatise on what happens when there's too /little/ poop.
(12:04:16 AM) Rivet_: true enough
(12:04:34 AM) nacht: Japanese steaks....
(12:04:50 AM) Rivet_: heheh
(12:04:57 AM) Ancient: ?
(12:05:33 AM) Jeezo: haha
(12:05:33 AM) Rivet_: There was this story last year where some japanese scientists claimed to have developed a process to make food out of poop
(12:05:47 AM) Ancient: Oooooh, yes. Charming, that was.
(12:06:03 AM) nacht: Using the bacteria found in crap sludge.
(12:08:00 AM) Gerhal: Nacht.
(12:08:08 AM) Gerhal: YOU. *finger point*
(12:08:16 AM) nacht: sup?
(12:08:20 AM) Gerhal: Somebody owes somebody some character discussion.
(12:08:30 AM) ***Gerhal points at Ancient / DM.
(12:09:01 AM) Ancient: I told him not to stress. He's been busy lately.
(12:09:15 AM) Gerhal: ah, okay
(12:09:16 AM) Ancient: When he's able, he will contact me.
(12:09:41 AM) Ancient: My sis will introduce her character at the conclusion of this arc.
(12:09:47 AM) Ancient: Or shortly thereafter, rather.
(12:18:04 AM) Rivet_: cool
(12:18:22 AM) Gerhal: Good. We've had an open character slot on the Party status UI for too long.
(12:19:46 AM) Rivet_: two, far as that goes
(12:20:01 AM) Gerhal: Hisham / Cass / Kormak
(12:20:37 AM) Rivet_: Kormak came in after Disco left, didn't he?
(12:20:54 AM) Gerhal: He did.
(12:21:00 AM) Gerhal: He had Hisham's slot for a while.
(12:24:50 AM) Siren1 [~Orpheus@ip98-181-16-146.br.br.cox.net] entered the room.
(12:29:49 AM) Ancient left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 190 seconds).
(12:53:14 AM) Gerhal: http://i.imgur.com/ZG6aR.jpg
(12:55:02 AM) Jeezo: haha
(12:55:27 AM) Rivet_: I need to get me a holy enchant
(12:58:00 AM) Gerhal: Ordinarily, I could do that. But Ancient wanted to limit holy / evil / law / chaos enchants to clerics the last time I spoke with him.
(01:00:23 AM) Rivet_: yeah, I know
(01:00:38 AM) Gerhal: I'm off to bed.
(01:00:40 AM) Gerhal: Night
(01:00:43 AM) Rivet_: goodnight

11MAR12

Clockwork Rivet