15JUL12

Conversation with #beyondshadowrun at Sun 15 Jul 2012 06:11:00 PM EDT on Rivet_@irc.esper.net (irc)
(06:16:53 PM) D_M: To recap, the team rousted and routed the barghests from the old cellar. They chased the one survivor outside, but it vanished as blinking, teleporting critters are won't to do. Before chasing after it, the team ventured back down to secure the cellar.
(06:17:56 PM) nacht [Mibbit@ip98-168-148-192.ok.ok.cox.net] entered the room.
(06:18:24 PM) nacht: (Thanks for starting early, everyone.)
(06:18:51 PM) D_M: There they discovered that it is apparently located over a coastal cave system, but that cave is sealed off.
(06:19:18 PM) D_M: So, leaving that for later, the team returns to the surface to discuss its next move.
(06:19:53 PM) D_M: The consensus seems to be that leaving the one barghest running freely about is a bad idea, so the team is leaning toward putting all resources toward running it down.
(06:20:35 PM) Vargas: "I think we need to get Serribon. Between his skills, and Acadia I think we can corner it again before it can regroup, and counterattack."
(06:21:38 PM) Vargas: "But we also need someone to watch our base in the inn in case it attacks there. Brrk, and our things will be unprotected."
(06:21:44 PM) Vargas: "Do we have a volunteer?"
(06:21:51 PM) Siren1 left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 380 seconds).
(06:22:21 PM) D_M: (Stand by. Acadia has computer troubles. As in, her computer died.)
(06:22:42 PM) Vargas: "Miriam, you can't track these things but you should be able to feel it coming, right?"
(06:22:50 PM) Vargas: (nodnod)
(06:24:43 PM) D_M: Miriam takes a deep breath. "I don't know about that, but I can certainly keep an ear open. Should I stay here, or go back to the house?"
(06:24:43 PM) Siren1 [~Jolee@ip68-105-1-229.br.br.cox.net] entered the room.
(06:25:28 PM) Vargas: "The house."
(06:25:48 PM) Siren1: Sorry guys!
(06:25:57 PM) Siren1 is now known as Acadia
(06:25:58 PM) Vargas: (no worries. Murphy happens)
(06:26:48 PM) D_M: Siren, hop in costume. The story so far: The team has just finished making sure there are no more monsters in the basement, and now they are deciding to track down that one barghest that got away.
(06:27:11 PM) Acadia: Super
(06:27:12 PM) ***nacht looks at the man, "Brrk?"
(06:27:23 PM) nacht is now known as _Magnus
(06:27:38 PM) D_M: Miriam frowns. "This monster has no reason to know where we live. I think it's far more likely to come back here than it is to seek out the people who just slaughtered its three roommates without effort."
(06:27:43 PM) Vargas: "Brrk is the goblin's name."
(06:27:55 PM) D_M: Nacht, you will have noticed that the team keeps a small female goblin as a slave.
(06:28:12 PM) Serribon: (Nah. Slaves are useful. She's more of a pet.)
(06:28:21 PM) D_M: (True.)
(06:28:34 PM) Vargas: (And we don't treat her like a slave really either)
(06:28:36 PM) Vargas: (moving on)
(06:28:42 PM) Serribon: (or perhaps a familiar, as she's only around when we remember she exists)
(06:28:48 PM) Vargas: "Point taken."
(06:29:39 PM) D_M: "I just think someone should wait in case it returns. Which I can do, if you think that's the best use for me."
(06:29:51 PM) Vargas: "I think you are right."
(06:30:08 PM) Vargas: "Alright, the rest of us can head out. I can fetch Serribon once I'm closer to the wall."
(06:31:02 PM) D_M: "All right."
(06:31:18 PM) D_M: All right!
(06:31:36 PM) _Magnus: (salright)
(06:32:24 PM) D_M: You are all in a relatively unused back section of the city, characterized by the unrepaired traces of old Acer and evidence of squatters and such.
(06:33:26 PM) D_M left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection).
(06:33:36 PM) D_M [~Ancient@mobile-166-147-125-162.mycingular.net] entered the room.
(06:33:51 PM) D_M: (Pardon me as I adapt my location.)
(06:33:54 PM) Vargas: (FF to having fetched Serriberry?)
(06:34:19 PM) D_M: Not quite.
(06:35:45 PM) Vargas: (Let me know when/if you are waiting on us)
(06:36:21 PM) D_M: The trail is cold here, as far as you know, because you only have Acadia's scent ability to work with. You are near the north wall of the city, with not much around, and it is early afternoon. The city's bustle can be heard over the breeze a block or two to the south.. What's your next step?
(06:37:30 PM) Vargas: "Can any of you think of anything you want to investigate before we get Serribon?"
(06:37:57 PM) D_M: Acadia, Magnus, your opinions?
(06:38:57 PM) D_M: ,div
(06:38:57 PM) Clockwork: The weapon slays where the hand wills. Serve the Emperor!
(06:39:02 PM) ***Acadia sits and snorts at Vargas.
(06:39:28 PM) D_M: Ha! Quite so.
(06:39:53 PM) Serribon: ,noes
(06:39:53 PM) Clockwork: 1218. Elves do not have to go to the bathroom in groups.
(06:39:56 PM) _Magnus: "I believe getting Serribon would be a good idea. I could try divination to find the location as well. Perhaps one of us could stay and keep an eye out while the others get, Serribon?"
(06:40:26 PM) Vargas: "Acadia, you want to stay in the form don't you? Just so we don't waste your power, Magnus and I will go. Then we'll return. You can stay with Miriam in the mean time, and that way we won't have to explain why we have a bear walking through town."
(06:40:59 PM) D_M: "I'll cover this place," says Miriam. "Do what you have to do."
(06:41:20 PM) D_M: All right. Vargas, how do you collect Serri?
(06:42:00 PM) ***Acadia looks at Miriam, and then snorts her approval at Vargas before plopping down fully.
(06:42:03 PM) ***Vargas will walk out a gate like a normal person.
(06:42:32 PM) D_M: All right, Vargas. That will take some time, to get to the west gate and get to Serribon.
(06:42:33 PM) ***_Magnus follows Vargas.
(06:42:41 PM) D_M: But the trail is already somewhat cold.
(06:44:32 PM) D_M: So, to Serribon's hut on foot?
(06:45:01 PM) D_M: Serribon, you are at the hut right now, for whatever reason, rather than chillin' at the house.
(06:45:29 PM) Serribon: (We don't have the house yet, and I can't stay at the Inn.)
(06:45:38 PM) D_M: Oh, true.
(06:45:42 PM) D_M: Good call.
(06:45:43 PM) ***Serribon is out front, chopping wood.
(06:46:02 PM) ***Vargas powerwalks.
(06:46:27 PM) Vargas: (not as in magic powerwalking. Just powerwalking the old fashion way)
(06:46:34 PM) D_M: So you're going to have to figure out an in-town disguise.
(06:47:05 PM) Vargas: (I trust Serribon to figure that out on his own before now)
(06:48:02 PM) D_M: What shall it be, Serri? Just a hood or cowl? Or something more sophisticated?
(06:48:32 PM) Acadia: (a scarf, maybe?)
(06:48:34 PM) Vargas: (Didn't he have to take off his helmet at the gate for them to notice?)
(06:48:52 PM) Vargas: (turban!)
(06:49:05 PM) Serribon: (Yeah. I have an infinite-duration blur effect, a hat, a facemask, and a headband. I can probably work out something. If anyone asks, I ran afoul of a rice picker as a teenager. It turns out her husband *was* the jealous type. )
(06:49:15 PM) D_M: Turban it is!
(06:49:53 PM) D_M: Serribaba is ready to beam up.
(06:50:13 PM) Vargas: "Serribon!"
(06:50:17 PM) D_M: Where do you all reconvene? In the rubble where the scent vanished?
(06:50:25 PM) Vargas: (aye!)
(06:50:27 PM) Serribon: (yep)
(06:50:36 PM) ***Serribon is caught-up on the way.
(06:51:25 PM) D_M: All right. The rubble again. What's your first step?
(06:52:20 PM) Vargas: "Alright. We have demonic found creature that can teleport short distances, and blink. I strong suspect it can turn invisible as well."
(06:52:21 PM) D_M: Serribon, you're the lead tracker. How do you want to start?
(06:52:29 PM) Vargas: "But it has a scent, and it has been wounded."
(06:52:54 PM) Vargas: "I'm not really sure what other powers it has."
(06:52:59 PM) ***Acadia sits up and sniffs.
(06:53:26 PM) Vargas: "It has been here 15 years, so it knows its turf."
(06:53:33 PM) D_M: It HAS been woumded?
(06:53:43 PM) Vargas: (Ibram cut it, and I magic missiled it)
(06:53:44 PM) Serribon: "If it has teleported away, I'm not sure that I can track it. There has to be a physical trail."
(06:53:48 PM) Serribon: (yep)
(06:54:13 PM) Vargas: "I think it used a dimension door, not a teleport to escape."
(06:54:31 PM) Vargas: "It had to resurface somewhere."
(06:54:36 PM) Serribon: "If the gnome can sniff it out, I should be able to follow it from there."
(06:54:52 PM) Serribon: "How far could it go using that method?"
(06:55:10 PM) Vargas: "400 to 700 feet. Rough guess."
(06:55:41 PM) ***Serribon looks out over the rubble field and the buildings edging it. "That's a lot of territory."
(06:55:41 PM) Acadia: (survival check?)
(06:56:10 PM) Vargas: "It's a long shot, but it's all we've got at this moment."
(06:56:15 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+6 (k.planes for barghests)
(06:56:15 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (k.planes for barghests): 21:15+6
(06:56:33 PM) Serribon: (hooray for FE untrained checks)
(06:56:44 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+5 survival (I hope)
(06:56:44 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, survival (I hope): 12:7+5
(06:56:51 PM) Acadia: ehh
(06:57:09 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+21 (k. planes)
(06:57:09 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (k. planes): 33:12+21
(06:57:13 PM) D_M: Basically, legends have the thing as a strange cross between crude predator and goblin tyrant.
(06:57:37 PM) Serribon: "You say these things appeared as large wolves?"
(06:57:57 PM) Vargas: "Yeah. Their bodies go poof like demons too, when they die."
(06:58:33 PM) ***_Magnus sits down on something sturdy and closes his eyes for a bit.
(06:58:40 PM) D_M: The thing probably will not leave here if it has a support infrastructure of goblins.
(06:58:50 PM) D_M: And it doesn't go far per jump.
(06:58:59 PM) D_M: What would you like to try, as far as picking up its traill?
(06:59:01 PM) ***Serribon nods slowly, "They are not from this world. But lower lifeforms than the true dark spirits. They can also assume the form of goblins and take charge of local communities. Do any live in the city?"
(06:59:41 PM) Vargas: "Wait, wait? They can turn into goblins? You mean those were the goblin ghost hounds?"
(06:59:48 PM) Serribon: Assuming they told me about what other disappearances they were able to learn about - is this place well-placed as a central hub for the depredations?
(06:59:55 PM) Serribon: "Allegedly."
(06:59:59 PM) Vargas: "Crap. Goblins are one of the major races here."
(07:00:29 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/divination GM
(07:00:45 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d100 (divination)
(07:00:46 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (divination): 35
(07:01:17 PM) Serribon: "As they are so relatively weak, they are supposed to come to our realm to grow and rule - which they could never do in their home realms. So if it is in disguise, it will likely be in a position of power."
(07:01:23 PM) D_M: Success!
(07:01:25 PM) Vargas: "This city is rule by an invisible ruling group called the autocrats. Nobody sees them. They just leave orders."
(07:01:51 PM) Vargas: "You don't think... is it possible they have been doing it?"
(07:03:18 PM) ***Serribon shrugs, "No idea. Does that seem like something goblins could accomplish? And if they could exercise absolute, invisible power - why bother living out here like wild animals?"
(07:03:42 PM) D_M: Magnus, you sit and meditate upon this question, asking your gods for guidance.
(07:03:48 PM) ***Vargas shrugs. "They are demonic outsiders. They aren't rational like us."
(07:04:13 PM) ***Vargas makes the wavey circular motion near his temple with one finger.
(07:04:31 PM) D_M: Suddenly, you have a feeling. You asked for a direction, and you've got one. Start walking.
(07:05:32 PM) Serribon: "Maybe Brrk would be helpful in sounding out the local goblinoids?"
(07:05:37 PM) ***_Magnus stands up and takes up his walking stick, "Follow me, my friends." He begins walking in the direction that his higher powers have given, "I believe what we seek is this way."
(07:05:57 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "What about brrrk?"
(07:06:28 PM) ***Vargas follows Magnus. "Let's go. We can try Brrk, but only tomorrow I think if the trail has gone dead."
(07:06:48 PM) Serribon: "Very well."
(07:07:00 PM) D_M: Magnus, your path takes you toward the city wall, and into an alley behind a building of some kind.
(07:07:22 PM) ***Acadia and Petite plod along after the others.
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: Magnus, you find yourself in the alley... and not sure where to go next.
(07:09:31 PM) ***_Magnus steps into the alley and slowly walks around in it, "They were here last." He looks at the others, "Can anyone sense any trails?"
(07:10:11 PM) D_M: Serribon? Acadia?
(07:10:17 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+5 (second try)
(07:10:17 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, (second try): 9:4+5
(07:10:25 PM) Acadia: Got nothin.
(07:10:40 PM) D_M: Heh.
(07:10:45 PM) LordofWeirdos: (hello?)
(07:10:51 PM) Vargas: (Hey Bill)
(07:10:55 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+22 (tracking)
(07:10:55 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (tracking): 41:19+22
(07:11:00 PM) D_M: Serribon, you can direct Acadia's efforts to make her scent check part of your tracking.
(07:11:17 PM) Serribon: (What's up, Bill?)
(07:11:20 PM) D_M: Your tracker's skills tell you to grid the area and work it over for a scent or other lead.
(07:11:50 PM) Acadia: (heyo)
(07:11:55 PM) Serribon: "We need to go over the area slowly and methodically. If this is the right place to start, we should pick up something."
(07:13:07 PM) ***Acadia follows Serri's directions.
(07:13:19 PM) D_M: This alley leads into a couple of others that branch at weird angles away from the wall. Another alley runs between the wall and the buildings.
(07:13:34 PM) D_M: Acadia, what,s your search mod?
(07:14:32 PM) Acadia: wis 3, racial 2 for survival
(07:14:51 PM) D_M: No, perception.
(07:15:21 PM) Acadia: Oh, my bad!
(07:15:27 PM) Acadia: 14 total
(07:15:55 PM) Serribon: (mine is 22 for infernal scum)
(07:17:06 PM) D_M: After a few minutes of canvassing, Acadia, you do pick up a foul odor that is familiar to you. Right behind a wooden building.
(07:17:35 PM) D_M: The building is slightly raised, so there is a crawlspace under it, dark. You can.t tell if the scent went under there or not. You can,t fit in bear form.
(07:18:28 PM) Vargas: (The critter is pretty darn big too. I wouldn't worry about rat space)
(07:18:39 PM) ***Acadia sniffs at the crawl space and looks at the others.
(07:19:08 PM) Acadia: (this is my last beast form for today)
(07:20:54 PM) Vargas: "Do we need to get under there? Could something that big even fit? Let's check inside. It might have just blinked through the wall."
(07:22:08 PM) ***_Magnus stands by the wall and glances around the bear and crawl space for signs of hair on the wood, or blood from the previous encounter.
(07:22:14 PM) D_M: There are no doors and windows on the back, here. this face faces the city wall, which towers behind you.
(07:22:20 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5 (perc)
(07:22:20 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (perc): 17:12+5
(07:22:24 PM) Serribon: "Remember, it can turn into a goblin. And probably has, as a wolf would tend to draw much more attention."
(07:22:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+22 (perc)
(07:22:53 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (perc): 34:12+22
(07:22:59 PM) ***_Magnus nods at Serribon.
(07:23:28 PM) Vargas: (That description made no sense to me GM)
(07:23:45 PM) Vargas: (Is this wooden building attached to the city wall?)
(07:24:13 PM) Vargas: (What can we tell about this building by walking around the corners?)
(07:25:46 PM) D_M: The building is near the city wall, but not abutting. There are a number of buildings here, of unknown purpose, clustered near the city wall, just inside the city. You are kinda behind them.
(07:26:07 PM) D_M: It,s quiet here. Not much civilian activity.
(07:26:09 PM) D_M: Ibram, are you with the team, now?
(07:26:16 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *presumably*
(07:26:27 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, would you walk with me? I want to circle the building and get a feel for what it is."
(07:26:43 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(07:26:44 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (perc): 24:7+17
(07:27:11 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "All right."
(07:28:12 PM) _Magnus: (is Acadia right in front of the crawl space?)
(07:28:47 PM) D_M: You can walk around to the front. What you find is that this place seems to be industrial. Storage of... animal parts, of some sort.
(07:29:15 PM) D_M: Acadia and Magnus, you are still behind the building, sniffing at the space under its floor. It stands up on pilings about a foot and a half off the ground.
(07:29:16 PM) Vargas: [Ibram, I just want to be sure we don't crash the wrong party, like a guard house. But this doesn't look like a guard house to me.]
(07:29:18 PM) Acadia: (in that general area)
(07:29:53 PM) ***_Magnus gets down so that he can peer level into the crawlspace.
(07:30:08 PM) _Magnus: (dark vision)
(07:31:22 PM) D_M: The door is closed and locked, Vargas.
(07:31:34 PM) Vargas: (Any signs or anything?)
(07:31:39 PM) D_M: Magnus, the underside of the building seems to be empty, but puts forth a strong, ugly odor.
(07:33:24 PM) _Magnus: "Doesn't appear to be anything under there...So there could be a hole that leads up into the building, yes? Or perhaps there is a sort of sewer going down under the building."
(07:33:35 PM) D_M: Vargas, just a sign over the door in a local dialect.
(07:33:51 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *nods at v*
(07:35:07 PM) ***Vargas will return to the others if there are no other clues. "I think they store animal parts here, but I'm not certain. Do you want me to dim step you through the wall?"
(07:37:35 PM) Serribon: "If it is a storage building for offal, I don't see why we don't just break the lock."
(07:38:48 PM) Vargas: "Because it's not our lock."
(07:39:15 PM) Vargas: "Come, the trail is already chill."
(07:40:29 PM) ***Vargas will dstep them inside.
(07:40:56 PM) D_M: You are all suddenly in a dim, large space that smells like blood and flesh.
(07:40:59 PM) D_M: Lights? Or darkvision?
(07:41:08 PM) D_M: Sunlighht filters through the cracks between the wall boards.
(07:41:14 PM) D_M: But only in thin beams.
(07:41:36 PM) ***Vargas wouldn't have had his light out immediately.
(07:42:45 PM) _Magnus: (darkvision for me)
(07:43:24 PM) Serribon: (that sounds like enough for low-light vision to me)
(07:43:25 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *doesn't have his light out yet either*
(07:43:50 PM) D_M: Magnus, you are surrounded by skins of animals hanging from the ceiling, and offal piles on the floors and tables. Flies buzz everywhere.
(07:43:53 PM) D_M: You can all hear the buzz of flies.
(07:44:16 PM) Acadia: (I have low-light, is that enough?)
(07:44:38 PM) D_M: yes
(07:45:06 PM) ***Vargas covers his nostrils. .oO(Ugh)
(07:45:38 PM) ***Serribon whispers, [A slaughterhouse. Appropriate.]
(07:45:42 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Yuk."
(07:45:57 PM) ***Acadia snorts.
(07:46:06 PM) D_M: Lights and searching?
(07:46:19 PM) Acadia: Petite takes a bite out of some offal.
(07:46:27 PM) ***_Magnus nods and begins breathing through his mouth a little instead.
(07:46:30 PM) ***Vargas will let the stalkers go first.
(07:46:36 PM) D_M: Mmmm! Half rotten!
(07:46:54 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (perc. 22 for barghests)
(07:46:54 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (perc. 22 for barghests): 32:14+18
(07:46:55 PM) ***Vargas holds off on the light just yet.
(07:46:56 PM) D_M: It smells appetizing to you, too, Acadia.
(07:47:09 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(07:47:09 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 22:8+14
(07:47:51 PM) D_M: No Barghests, but not all the dead things in here are livestock.
(07:48:06 PM) Vargas: (soylent slaughterhouse?)
(07:49:01 PM) Serribon: (Wild game?)
(07:49:08 PM) D_M: No. You find a freshly dead Gnoll in an apron. He's been torn apart.
(07:49:36 PM) Serribon: "Corpses among the carcasses. A gnoll."
(07:49:45 PM) Vargas: "Recent?"
(07:49:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *blinks* "How was it killed?"
(07:49:56 PM) Serribon: "Mauled."
(07:50:03 PM) ***_Magnus faces the interior of the room, away from the others, and casts a spell as he raises his hand in the direction he wants it to go.
(07:50:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (more perc)
(07:50:10 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (more perc): 32:14+18
(07:50:24 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-thoughts
(07:50:27 PM) D_M: It's been a few hours since you ran out the barghests. This was done since then.
(07:50:34 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (medical examiner)
(07:50:34 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (medical examiner): 14:6+8
(07:50:41 PM) _Magnus: detect thoughts. facing away from the others so as to not pick them up.
(07:50:51 PM) D_M: Nothing, Magnus. No presences here.
(07:51:07 PM) Serribon: "Since your faced the barghests."
(07:51:16 PM) D_M: Serribon, you realize the body has been stripped of its valuables after being mauled.
(07:51:36 PM) ***Vargas will bring out his lightstone now. "Can these things impersonate gnolls?"
(07:51:37 PM) Serribon: "He was looted."
(07:51:55 PM) _Magnus: "I am detecting no thoughts outside of our own."
(07:52:59 PM) Serribon: "I don't know. I don't think they can. But creatures such as these - we cannot know everything about them. They wouldn't tell, and they are uncommon enough that there are not a lot of records."
(07:53:03 PM) D_M: They can not, Vargas, you're pretty sure.
(07:54:06 PM) D_M: What's your next step?
(07:54:12 PM) D_M: Ibram, GUPC.
(07:54:30 PM) ***Vargas scratches his head. "I can't think of a reason why it would loot him. Maybe there wasn't one. He's just a butcher. Hmm."
(07:54:37 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc with lights on)
(07:54:37 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (perc with lights on): 30:13+17
(07:54:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+1
(07:54:39 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 7:6+1
(07:55:10 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5 (same as Vargas)
(07:55:10 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (same as Vargas): 25:20+5
(07:55:34 PM) D_M: Vargas, you notice the door latch lift. Someone is coming in.
(07:55:40 PM) D_M: Ibram is standing by the door as it starts to open.
(07:55:50 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14 perc again
(07:55:50 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, perc again: 24:10+14
(07:55:58 PM) ***Vargas whispers, [Hide! Door!]
(07:56:07 PM) ***Vargas tucks his lightstone away.
(07:56:25 PM) D_M: Hiding will be difficult in here. There's just some tables and hanging skins. Your feet will show.
(07:56:39 PM) ***Acadia looks around wondering how she could possibly hide a bear in here.
(07:56:50 PM) ***Serribon gets out of sight (+18 stealth)
(07:56:56 PM) D_M: Also an excellent point.
(07:57:10 PM) D_M: Serribon steps back into the shadows, but the rest of you...
(07:57:25 PM) Vargas: (Well, it's up to Ibby to save us from my stupidity then)
(07:57:26 PM) Serribon: (went up into the rafters)
(07:57:31 PM) D_M: Make a move, guys. Ibram, the door is opening...
(07:57:34 PM) ***_Magnus moves behind a large hanging skin drawing his mace and getting into the dark as best as he can. His black clothing will help, hopefully.
(07:58:02 PM) ***Vargas grab Acadia, and dsteps her behind the building.
(07:58:42 PM) Acadia: Oh nice.
(07:58:50 PM) D_M: Ibram, the door is opening inward, and where you are standing, you will end up hidden behind it.
(07:59:09 PM) D_M: But of course, once the guy steps in and turns around, he'll see you.
(07:59:35 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will make sure of that, moving with the door, and will ball up his fist to punch the guy in the face, if need be*
(07:59:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: (fighter solutions t every problem)
(08:00:01 PM) ***Vargas releases her fur, whispers to Acadia once they appear outside, "Sorry for grabbing hard. Reflex."
(08:00:46 PM) D_M: The door opens, Ibram cocks his fist... A gnoll steps in. He does not look around, and does not close the door, but proceeds toward the center of the room.
(08:01:05 PM) ***Acadia sniffs quietly.
(08:01:07 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just waits*
(08:01:11 PM) D_M: Like most people, he does not have his hackles up entering his own place.
(08:01:21 PM) D_M: A few steps later he stops. He sniff.s
(08:02:45 PM) D_M: He looks around. Ibram, he's ten feet away, and he's about to spot you.
(08:02:47 PM) D_M: You still have surprise.
(08:03:05 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will body tackle him*
(08:03:20 PM) D_M: Roll grapple.
(08:03:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: 20+bab+str+anything else?
(08:03:51 PM) D_M: Just that for now.
(08:04:09 PM) D_M: Unless you have grapple specific boni, or magic unarmed attack.
(08:04:30 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:04:30 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 16:1+15
(08:04:34 PM) LordofWeirdos: well fuck me
(08:04:56 PM) D_M: Vargas, you hear a thumpthump--ARGH!
(08:05:18 PM) D_M: The gnoll twists loose and jumps back--into melee range of Magnus.
(08:05:50 PM) ***_Magnus reaches around and slams his mace at the back of the gnoll.
(08:06:08 PM) ***Vargas has that terrible sinking feeling. .oO(I hope they don't hurt the poor guy)
(08:06:13 PM) D_M: Lethal, or -4 to do knockout damage
(08:06:13 PM) D_M: ?
(08:06:20 PM) _Magnus: knockout
(08:06:25 PM) D_M: Roll it at -4
(08:06:55 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+6
(08:06:55 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus: 25:19+6
(08:07:09 PM) D_M: Hit.
(08:07:12 PM) D_M: Roll damage.
(08:07:41 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+4+1d6
(08:07:41 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus: 15:6+4+5
(08:08:00 PM) D_M: You stretch long by a few inches, keeping the flanges of your mace away from his skull and striking him with the steel haft intead. He drops like a rock.
(08:08:26 PM) D_M: He lies on the ground, groaning. Unconscious for gameplay purposes. Make your get-away, kids.
(08:08:41 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Time to cheese it."
(08:08:46 PM) ***Vargas waits for his comrades.
(08:08:47 PM) ***Serribon swings down from the rafters and slips out the door.
(08:09:20 PM) ***_Magnus moves around the gnoll and out the door after Serri.
(08:09:23 PM) D_M: Magnus, you and Ibram can tromp out the door and close it behind you.
(08:10:19 PM) D_M: Vargas and Acadia, the ARGH! is immediately followed by small thwack and then a heavy crumpling sound. A moment later footsteps move away, and the door on the far side of the building can be heard to close.
(08:10:22 PM) Serribon: "Why did you brain him, exactly?"
(08:10:24 PM) D_M: Serribon, it was here. Next step?
(08:10:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "We're bad at hiding."
(08:11:03 PM) _Magnus: "We can go back in and revive him, I am a priest, Serribon."
(08:11:41 PM) D_M: Vargas, you and Acadia can move around toward the front of the building.
(08:12:03 PM) _Magnus: "Should we question him? This is where the trail ends up."
(08:12:08 PM) Serribon: "It may be a good idea. He saw Ibram, and he's not exactly inconspicuous. We may also be able to find out why the barghest was here."
(08:12:08 PM) ***Acadia trots around to meet the others.
(08:12:46 PM) Serribon: "And he had a key, so this was his place - I think we owe it to him to see to his injuries."
(08:12:50 PM) D_M: Make a decision. You just clocked him. Do you want to go for the interrogate ,or pick up the physical trail?
(08:12:56 PM) Vargas: "Serribon, Ibram, Acadia, do you want to see if you can pick up the trail. Magnus and I can talk to him?"
(08:13:12 PM) Vargas: (dual screen, GM torment!)
(08:13:16 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "How about I help you talk to him."
(08:13:23 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *is the scariest dude.... well, ever*
(08:13:24 PM) ***Acadia snorts.
(08:13:35 PM) Vargas: "Are you certain he didn't see you?"
(08:13:41 PM) D_M: Heh, I'm not living if I'm not split-screening.
(08:13:53 PM) Serribon: "I think he did. He backed away from Ibram and into Magnus."
(08:14:22 PM) _Magnus: "Well, we should get in there before he gets better."
(08:14:26 PM) Vargas: "I know you hate tracking, but we can't risk it."
(08:14:41 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "All right."
(08:14:42 PM) Serribon: "If we find the thing, more muscle will be better."
(08:15:02 PM) ***Vargas goes back inside with Magnus. "Hello? Hello?"
(08:15:06 PM) Serribon: "Any sign of the scent trail, Acadia?"
(08:15:22 PM) D_M: Vargas and Magnus will go in and tend to the guy. Vargas and Magnus, bear in mind that there,s a good chance he hasn't seen either of you.
(08:15:22 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+5 (survival to pick up the trail)
(08:15:23 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, (survival to pick up the trail): 13:8+5
(08:15:49 PM) ***_Magnus raises his mace and casts a spell to keep this gnoll in place.
(08:15:54 PM) D_M: Serribon and Acadia, you scout around and find no scent of the barghest, but there are some footprints coming and going in the dirt street.
(08:15:59 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person
(08:16:05 PM) ***Vargas asks the gnoll after Magnus tends to him, "Hey, can you understand me? Are you alright?"
(08:16:13 PM) Vargas: (no no no!)
(08:16:16 PM) Vargas: (No hold person!)
(08:16:23 PM) _Magnus: (alright)
(08:16:27 PM) D_M: Vargas, you can get the interrupt.
(08:16:27 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (perc)
(08:16:27 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (perc): 20:2+18
(08:16:33 PM) _Magnus: (scratch that)
(08:16:36 PM) D_M: The gnoll is just coming to.
(08:16:44 PM) D_M: As the two of you come in.
(08:16:45 PM) Serribon: What can I determine about the prints?
(08:16:50 PM) D_M: Vargas, speak fast.
(08:17:01 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14 perc
(08:17:02 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, perc : 20:6+14
(08:17:08 PM) Vargas: "No! Heal him. Just a little!"
(08:17:08 PM) Acadia: For serious.
(08:17:23 PM) D_M: Serribon et al., there are some human and larger (gnoll?) prints, as well as some other humanoid bootprints.
(08:17:28 PM) Vargas: "Hey, are you okay? Take it easy friend."
(08:18:02 PM) ***_Magnus sheathes his mace and gives a bit of a healing unto the gnoll.
(08:18:22 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cure-light-wounds
(08:18:23 PM) D_M: The gnoll snarls and backs away from Vargas, grabbing at his belt for his knife. "Who're you? How'd you get in here?"
(08:18:46 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d8+5
(08:18:46 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus: 11:6+5
(08:18:47 PM) D_M: The gnoll blinks as Magnus reaches down. GUDC, Magnus. Diplo.
(08:18:51 PM) Serribon: Size?
(08:19:09 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10
(08:19:09 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus: 27:17+10
(08:19:17 PM) D_M: Small to medium, Serribon,
(08:19:32 PM) ***Vargas makes a shushing motion with his finger over his mouth. "Thank Gott, you are alright after all. We're adventurers hunting the Gobblers, and the trail led here to building. We saw you were injured right as we checked the door."
(08:19:34 PM) ***_Magnus speaks in gnoll, "There..there. It will be fine."
(08:19:35 PM) D_M: Acadia sniffs about the various trails.
(08:20:00 PM) D_M: Acadia waddles off along one of the trails, Serribon and Ibby.
(08:20:22 PM) Serribon: "Have something?"
(08:20:26 PM) D_M: Magnus's deep baritone rumbles in a soothing, priestly way. He reveals his religious emblem.
(08:20:45 PM) D_M: His enormous green-black hand touches the Gnoll, and its headache eases.
(08:21:00 PM) ***Acadia looks back at Serri and gives a snort/nod thing, then continues along the trail.
(08:21:03 PM) D_M: "Who are you people?" it growls again in common?
(08:22:02 PM) D_M: Acadia, the trail gets stronger. You are able to follow it at a trot, but it is leading you into the active parts of the city's lower class districts.
(08:23:03 PM) Vargas: "Adventurers. I am Vargas. My friend is Magnus. Just take it easy. You are safe with us now." He looks in the direction where the dead gnoll lays, but only momentarily. "Just calm down, can you do that for me? You are going to be okay."
(08:23:13 PM) D_M: Serribon and Ibram, you can hear the sounds of people and people-like citydwellers ahead.
(08:23:15 PM) ***Acadia continues along, paying no attention to the wide-eyed stares.
(08:23:24 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18 (diplo to improve disposition)
(08:23:24 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (diplo to improve disposition): 28:10+18
(08:24:16 PM) D_M: The gnoll pushes to his feet, and unto his full, nearly eight foot height. "I am calm!" he snarls. "Who attacked me? Are you not the ones?"
(08:24:19 PM) ***Serribon ponders the wisdom in investing in a silly hat for the bear to wear in town to complete the circus troupe look.
(08:24:31 PM) D_M: Vargas, feel free to say something clever.
(08:25:15 PM) Vargas: (Looking at the dialog, I think V would conclude Ibram in fact, hit him)
(08:25:19 PM) D_M: Serribon, there is a hat stand coming up.
(08:25:59 PM) D_M: The Large sized bear trundles into a street, past a barrow being pushed by a hobgoblin, and heads into a market.
(08:26:32 PM) D_M: The hobgoblin staaaaarrrreeessss... and then just shakes his head and continues along.
(08:26:38 PM) ***Vargas shakes his head. "Your house was attached by the last Gobbler, a demon known as a barghest."
(08:27:21 PM) D_M: Acadia, the scent leads into the marketplace. There it starts to get iffy. You need Serribon to help you. Serribon, you have a bead now on what she's following, a set of smaller bootprints.
(08:27:35 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+22 (tracking)
(08:27:35 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (tracking): 31:9+22
(08:27:36 PM) Vargas: "We were hunting it after it killed our innkeepers this morning. We killed three of its brothers, and the last fled before we could finish it."
(08:27:48 PM) ***Acadia circles around trying to get a good scent.
(08:28:01 PM) Serribon: As far as hats go, I want one that's festive and gnome-sized.
(08:28:13 PM) Serribon: ('cause everybody loves a bear in a tiny hat)
(08:28:43 PM) D_M: One silver piece, Serribon.
(08:28:54 PM) Serribon: (do they have any of those japanese-style knit hats that look like stuffed animals? a teddybear hat would be awesome)
(08:29:21 PM) Vargas: (What kind of hat would Ibram wear? A bread loaf hat?)
(08:29:36 PM) Serribon: (a beer hat)
(08:29:44 PM) Vargas: (hah, beat me too it)
(08:30:05 PM) Serribon: (we totally need to get a pair of stein-mounts for his dragon helmet)
(08:30:21 PM) Vargas: (You two could craft one I bet)
(08:30:46 PM) D_M: "That was no Gobbler that attacked me!" says the Gnoll. "It was a man, and his partner who hit me from behind. [Growlsnarl?]" He looks around. "[Growlsnarl], where are you?"
(08:30:53 PM) D_M: He sniffs and moves across the room.
(08:31:25 PM) Vargas: "A man? Gobblers are shapeshifters. I know they can turn into goblins."
(08:31:31 PM) D_M: Serribon, no, but you get the Dark Ages equivalent. A kind of early jester hat, very small, with a little bell.
(08:32:31 PM) D_M: The gnome stumbles and chokes on its own growls, and then it lets forth a series of pained, yelping barks.
(08:32:32 PM) ***Vargas goes to kneel over the dead gnoll. "Who is this man?"
(08:32:38 PM) D_M: It kneels down by its fallen brother.
(08:32:49 PM) Vargas: (retract)
(08:32:55 PM) Vargas: (I was typing over you.)
(08:33:17 PM) Serribon: "Acadia, hold for a moment. You're drawing attention. This should help." He holds out the hat.
(08:33:18 PM) D_M: " [Growlsnarl]! They killed him!"
(08:33:58 PM) D_M: Acadia, Serribon is proferring a gnome-sized Jester's Hat.
(08:34:34 PM) D_M: Anyway, Serribon, you are able to break the trail out of the mix and follow it past a couple of small merchant stands. GUPC.
(08:34:39 PM) Serribon: "People will think you're a trained bear."
(08:34:55 PM) ***_Magnus says soothingly, "I would like to give your comrade his funeral rights, if that is alright with you?"
(08:34:57 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (+4 for debbils)
(08:34:57 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (+4 for debbils): 20:2+18
(08:35:05 PM) ***Acadia gives Serri as quizzical a look as she can muster in bear form, but allows him to fit her with a hat. She assumes this is related to some weird "civilized" custom that she hasn't encountered before.
(08:35:17 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10 (diplo)
(08:35:17 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (diplo): 11:1+10
(08:35:22 PM) D_M: Serribon, they're mostly selling clothing.
(08:35:28 PM) _Magnus: (damn)
(08:35:34 PM) Acadia: (that sucks)
(08:35:46 PM) Vargas: (oh dear. Way to console the mourning, oh priest of the departed. =) Dicebot is cruel)
(08:35:58 PM) D_M: Magnus, however you said it, it must have come off a little insensitive.
(08:36:26 PM) Serribon: "Does the trail end here, Acadia?"
(08:36:50 PM) D_M: The Gnoll waves dismissively at Magnus. "The thieves murdered him and robbed him!" he snarls. "I'll kill them both! I'll eat the flesh from them, and the marrow from their bones!"
(08:37:05 PM) D_M: Acadia, roll a GUPC to pick up the trail.
(08:37:08 PM) Serribon: "See if the scent is stronger on a particular stall. I have an idea what may be going on."
(08:37:16 PM) ***_Magnus steps back before the gnoll gets more hostile and seems to raise his hand as if to apologize.
(08:37:17 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14 perc
(08:37:17 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, perc: 21:7+14
(08:37:50 PM) D_M: You can find the scent as it leaves the Market.
(08:37:51 PM) D_M: Serribon, GUPc.
(08:37:58 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(08:37:58 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 30:12+18
(08:38:08 PM) ***Vargas asks, "What did they take from him? Do you have any idea?"
(08:38:42 PM) D_M: Serribon, as Acadia picks up the scent on the way out of the market, the prints are different. New shoes.
(08:39:27 PM) ***Acadia continues along the scent with her little bear hat.
(08:39:43 PM) Serribon: (How are the stalls arranged - just a pile of loose clothing in a tray, racks, or what?)
(08:40:09 PM) D_M: Different stalls arranged differently. What are you looking for
(08:40:10 PM) D_M: ?
(08:40:25 PM) Acadia: (I don't know how we're going to make Petite look inconspicuous)
(08:40:38 PM) Vargas: (Sheer absurdity)
(08:40:39 PM) D_M: The gnoll searches the body. "His monies. And his gold chain. Like mine."
(08:40:49 PM) Serribon: I was hoping Acadia might have been able to tell which stall(s) it swiped from. Then ask the vendor what's missing so we know what it's wearing if/when it becomes visible.
(08:40:55 PM) D_M: The gnoll shows you a good chain he wears about his neck, with an emblem hanging from it.
(08:40:56 PM) Vargas: (Once you go over the cliff, you appear on the other side)
(08:41:15 PM) D_M: Serribon, you can figure that out with a few minutes of work.
(08:41:23 PM) ***Vargas takes a close look at the chain. "What does that emblem mean?"
(08:41:31 PM) Serribon: "Ibram, stay with her. I'll catch up in a moment."
(08:41:42 PM) ***Serribon inquires at the stalls.
(08:42:17 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+13 (k. religion to spot significance of emblem)
(08:42:17 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (k. religion to spot significance of emblem): 17:4+13
(08:42:19 PM) D_M: "It's our pack. The sign of our blood bond. For it to be taken by thieves... I'll eat their bones..."
(08:42:31 PM) D_M: Ibram, you follow the bear?
(08:43:24 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *sure*
(08:44:03 PM) D_M: Ibram, while Serribon falls back into the crowd, you follow the bear on the new trail down a new road through the low rent district.
(08:44:06 PM) D_M: Serribon, GUDC for gather info.
(08:44:30 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20
(08:44:31 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 9
(08:44:42 PM) D_M: Ibram and Acadia, your path leads you at a trot down the road toward... a pub?
(08:44:44 PM) Serribon: Will mention that we're looking for someone who stole from them.
(08:45:01 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Can we stop here?"
(08:45:11 PM) ***Vargas nods to the gnoll. "What is his name, and what is yours? We will avenge him, if we can."
(08:45:26 PM) D_M: Roger, Serribon. Initially you don't get much traction, but when you finally convince someone that you're not trying to set up some kind of con or scam, sure enough, some clothes are discovered missing.
(08:46:01 PM) ***_Magnus whispers to Vargas.
(08:46:08 PM) ***Acadia stops, looks at Ibram, and sits down.
(08:46:26 PM) _Magnus: *I could possibly bring the gnoll back to the living*
(08:46:38 PM) D_M: Magnus, you see no religious significance to the symbol, unless it refers to some obscure Gnollish meaning. It may be all he says it is. like a clan symbol.
(08:46:47 PM) D_M: Ibram, uou've been taken literally.
(08:46:57 PM) ***Vargas gives Magnus a look of pure, raw shock. His eyes are wide like saucers.
(08:46:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Uh... anyway. Which way do you smell 'em going?
(08:47:00 PM) LordofWeirdos: "
(08:47:14 PM) Serribon: "Do you know what was taken?"
(08:47:20 PM) D_M: A giant bear sits down beside you. Acadia, the trail seems to be leading right for the pub.
(08:47:32 PM) Serribon: "They would have likely be sized for a child or a gnome."
(08:47:41 PM) D_M: Serribon, you begin the process of tracking down what-all articles have been stolen.
(08:48:08 PM) _Magnus: "How long has your brother been dead, Sir?"
(08:48:23 PM) ***Acadia looks at the pub, then looks at Ibram.
(08:48:34 PM) ***Vargas says to Magnus, "No. No, not that. We mustn't. We... will have to talk later."
(08:48:47 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "IN there?"
(08:48:53 PM) ***Serribon promises to bring back anything that survives.
(08:48:55 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> .oO(This is the best adventure ever)
(08:49:09 PM) D_M: "ARE YOU NOT LISTENING?" roars the gnoll. "Those two MEN were just here!!" He all but spits the word "men."
(08:49:15 PM) ***Acadia sniffs.
(08:49:37 PM) D_M: Ibram and Acadia, your play.
(08:49:59 PM) D_M: The gnoll moves across the room and picks up a meat cleaver and a sharpener.
(08:50:19 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will go in and look for barghests! Also good booze*
(08:50:27 PM) ***Vargas says to Magnus, "Time to hunt. Follow me."
(08:50:31 PM) D_M: "They've only been gone a matter of minutes. I'll find them," snarls the gnoll.
(08:50:38 PM) ***Acadia continues along the trail when Ibram stands up and heads for the pub.
(08:51:03 PM) D_M: Ibram and Acadia, you approach the tavern and are met at the door by a half-orc bouncer who says flatly, "Bear can't come."
(08:51:08 PM) D_M: The bear won't fit through the door anwya.
(08:51:08 PM) D_M: anyway.
(08:51:11 PM) ***_Magnus nods and follows Vargas.
(08:51:14 PM) ***Vargas gives the gnoll a nod, and then heads out. There welcome has expired in the haze of bloodrage.
(08:51:58 PM) ***Acadia snorts.
(08:52:06 PM) Acadia: and sits down outside.
(08:52:09 PM) D_M: The gnoll waits until you are out, locks the door, and lopes into the road. It sniffs once or twice and then jogs away down a street.
(08:52:21 PM) D_M: Ibram?
(08:52:33 PM) Vargas: "Magnus, can a gnoll really track scent like that?"
(08:52:45 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Gotta go close my car window it is about to rain)
(08:52:48 PM) D_M: The enormous bear drops on its haunches by the front door of the tavern.
(08:52:56 PM) ***Vargas follows the gnoll on the off chance he can actually track.
(08:53:07 PM) ***Serribon wraps up and goes hunting for bear.
(08:53:07 PM) _Magnus: "If it can, if might be going towards Ibram."
(08:53:29 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (track)
(08:53:29 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (track): 34:16+18
(08:53:37 PM) D_M: Holding for Ibram. It's his move.
(08:53:49 PM) Serribon: (yeah)
(08:53:54 PM) D_M: Vargas and Magnus, you follow the gnoll in the meantime.
(08:54:02 PM) Vargas: "This is so crazy. And by the way, we are totally discussing this raising the dead thing when we get back."
(08:54:33 PM) D_M: It jogs down the lane to a T-intersection and there stops, looking both ways, casting about, snuffling.
(08:55:14 PM) D_M: As you come up behind it, Vargas and Magnus, it gives a harsh yelp and dashes away along the street at an angle, crossing.
(08:55:46 PM) ***Vargas increases his speed. "Don't lose him!"
(08:55:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Okay back)
(08:55:49 PM) D_M: You two reach the intersection and see that it is making a beeline for a burly figure about a hundred feet away.
(08:56:04 PM) D_M: Ibram, the bear squats outside the bar. Do you go in?
(08:56:11 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Wait here, I'll look for a barghest."
(08:56:37 PM) _Magnus: "It was just a thought, Vargas. I would be willing to bet the gnoll's time was right at his passing."
(08:56:37 PM) ***Acadia sniffs.
(08:57:18 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+5 (perc to recognize the burly figure target)
(08:57:19 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (perc to recognize the burly figure target): 14:9+5
(08:57:23 PM) D_M: Ibram, you step into the dim interior and look about. GUPc.
(08:57:33 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (ditto)
(08:57:33 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (ditto): 18:1+17
(08:58:11 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+1
(08:58:11 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 16:15+1
(08:58:40 PM) D_M: Magnus and Vargas, it looks like a pretty generic burly figure from here, but his burl is nothing compared to the towering Gnoll, who rips him off his feet. "You! MAN! Are you the one?" he roars at the suddenly dangling and terrified human man.
(08:59:18 PM) Vargas: "Hey! Calm down!"
(08:59:23 PM) D_M: Ibram, you are in a shady dive bar full of goblinoids and a few humans and orc-blood.
(08:59:49 PM) D_M: "TELL ME!" roars the Gnoll. "I'll eat your bones!"
(09:00:28 PM) D_M: "Oh, gods, oh gods, put me down! I don't know what you're talking about--"
(09:00:28 PM) D_M: "LIES!"
(09:00:35 PM) Vargas: "STOP!"
(09:00:48 PM) ***_Magnus seeing that this is getting out of hand raises his hand when he is in range of the gnoll, and surrounding patrons, and casts a calming spell.
(09:00:54 PM) D_M: Serribon, you depart the marketplace with your new intel and pick up the bear's trail. It's a piece of cake, and you can follow it at a jog.
(09:00:55 PM) _Magnus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/calm-emotions
(09:02:11 PM) ***Vargas will charge for the man, and dstep him out of grapple putting himself between the gnoll and the guy. (not waiting for spell to work to confirm action)
(09:02:36 PM) D_M: DC, Magnus?
(09:02:38 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:02:38 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 4:2+2
(09:02:47 PM) Acadia: doh
(09:02:55 PM) D_M: Nevermind. He is calmed.
(09:03:14 PM) _Magnus: DC was 17 anyway
(09:03:47 PM) D_M: Ok, so Vargas dive-transports the human out of the gnoll's grasp.
(09:04:02 PM) _Magnus: It would have calmed he guy he was harrassing too, correct? radius of 20'
(09:04:11 PM) D_M: The human and Vargas appear a few feet away, and the gnoll is suddenly no longer angry but just surprised. He looks down at his empty paws.
(09:04:26 PM) Vargas: (shoot, do I need to roll to save too, for giggles?)
(09:04:35 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Anyone seen a Barghest?"
(09:04:37 PM) D_M: It would have, yes, but that guy was not taking aggressive action.
(09:04:43 PM) D_M: Yes, Vargas.
(09:04:45 PM) LordofWeirdos: (They look like what, big wolves? We've seen one already.)
(09:04:54 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (will save)
(09:04:54 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (will save): 30:19+11
(09:05:00 PM) Vargas: (Like a champ)
(09:05:01 PM) _Magnus: (nice)
(09:05:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Like a big wolf? You know?"
(09:06:23 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *looks from orc to gobbo, and will casually find something to demonstrate his massive strength on to get some attention. Oops*
(09:06:28 PM) D_M: Several faces stare at you, Ibram. Lots of little, beady goblin eyes.
(09:06:35 PM) Serribon: (We're under the assumption it's in goblin form, Ibby)
(09:06:51 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+20
(09:06:52 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 26:6+20
(09:07:00 PM) D_M: The half-orc bouncer moves toward Ibram. "You look for trouble, human?"
(09:07:12 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just looks at the orc* "Only for the barghest."
(09:07:27 PM) ***Vargas mentally shakes off the calming spell. He dusts himself off, and tells the human, "Long story, don't ask. Just be on your way, okay?" He turns and points at the gnoll, "And you! You are going to calm down before you beat the shit out of random people, got it?"
(09:07:46 PM) D_M: The half-orc puffs out his chest and makes himself look big, matching Ibram's posture of strength.
(09:07:48 PM) ***_Magnus speaks to the gnoll peacefully in it's own language, "Is it alright. We will find the proper one you seek...And we will work as a team, for it is whom we seek as well."
(09:08:27 PM) D_M: "There must..." The gnoll shakes his head. "There must be vengeance!"
(09:08:50 PM) D_M: Acadia, you sit outside the bar, listening to the exchange taking place within.
(09:09:00 PM) ***_Magnus assures the gnoll, "There will be."
(09:09:28 PM) D_M: Serribon, you come around a corner and see a Large bear with a tiny hat a couple blocks away, sitting outside a tavern.
(09:09:47 PM) Serribon: (See! Otherwise, I might mistake her for another bear.)
(09:10:01 PM) ***Acadia looks at the doorman of the tavern.
(09:10:18 PM) Serribon: "Hello Acadia." He looks around and notices the bar, "Ibram is in there?"
(09:10:22 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Haha, no doorman now)
(09:10:27 PM) ***Vargas asks around, "Has anybody seen some men pass by with a bear?"
(09:10:42 PM) ***Acadia looks at Serri and sniffs.
(09:11:20 PM) D_M: Ibram, the half-orc shakes his head. "You don't bring your silly human stories here. No wolf monster. Only you. Go now," says the half orc.
(09:11:37 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "The bear said it was in here. Do you want to argue with the bear?"
(09:11:45 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *thumbs out towards the bear*
(09:11:52 PM) D_M: A couple of hobgoblins adjust their seats so they have a clear shot at Ibram.
(09:12:08 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *looks suitably not scared*
(09:12:54 PM) Serribon: "I'm sure he'll be fine. I have an idea what the thing is wearing, once the others get here, we'll move in."
(09:13:06 PM) D_M: The half orc looks at Ibram. It leans forward and looks out the door at Acadia. It straightens up and looks at Ibram. "Stupid man. Go away before you are trouble."
(09:13:44 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "I'm thirsty." *he goes to get a beer, and will throw down some actual GOLD*
(09:14:01 PM) ***Acadia plops down fully.
(09:14:04 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18 (gather info as we go, looking for two men with a bear)
(09:14:04 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (gather info as we go, looking for two men with a bear): 22:4+18
(09:14:14 PM) D_M: Ibram, you push past the half-orc, moving toward the bar as you fish for a gold coin.
(09:14:39 PM) D_M: The half orc puts a hand on your arm, Ibram, to grab you.
(09:15:12 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will muscle right by if need be. He's not going to play horc games today*
(09:15:15 PM) D_M: Acadia, this is just about when Serribon rolls up. You sniff at him and then look in at Ibram again just in time to see the half-orc go for a grab.
(09:16:10 PM) ***Acadia rumbles and trots over to the door.
(09:16:13 PM) D_M: Vargas and Magnus, you ask around, beginning a hunt for the appropriate tales of wounder.
(09:16:21 PM) D_M: The half-orc goes for the grapple, Ibram
(09:16:26 PM) ***_Magnus speaks with the gnoll in an attempt to calm him further and get him to go home, "We will report to you, what we find, Sir. I humbly request that you go home and wait for more signs if the ones who did this atrocity to your brother come back. We will be in touch."
(09:16:33 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(09:16:33 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 8:1+7
(09:16:43 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *nope! Getting that drink*
(09:16:45 PM) Vargas: (*snicker*)
(09:16:46 PM) _Magnus: ,roll 1d20+10 (diplo on getting the gnoll home)
(09:16:50 PM) D_M: He fails to get a good grip on you. You may respond, or just continue to the bar.
(09:16:50 PM) Clockwork: _Magnus, (diplo on getting the gnoll home): 27:17+10
(09:16:57 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just goes to the bar*
(09:17:00 PM) Vargas: (The orc grabs some hobgoblin chick's butt instead)
(09:17:19 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqE31g1J0Dw (the silliest song to rp this scene to)
(09:17:22 PM) Acadia: (and the two live happily ever after)
(09:17:24 PM) LordofWeirdos: (A fuckin alien squid~)
(09:17:28 PM) ***_Magnus adds, "Again...I will perform funeral rights if you would like."
(09:18:34 PM) D_M: The half-orc tromps after Ibram, flabbergasted, but is stalled when Ibram just takes a stool and throws down a gold piece. The two hobgoblins move up behind Ibram as well, and they all look over his shoulder at the barkeep, who looks to be a goblinoid as well, of some sort.
(09:18:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Beer. Now."
(09:19:02 PM) D_M: The bartender looks at Ibram and his gold coin. "What do you want here, human?"
(09:19:19 PM) ***Vargas walks and talks with Magnus as they go. "Do you have that locate object prayer today?"
(09:19:51 PM) D_M: Serribon, Acadia, you are at the door, looking in. Ibram is sitting at the bar inside, now, with a wall of tough guys hehind him, waiting for an excuse.
(09:20:22 PM) D_M: The bar tender looks at Ibram for a long moment, and then regards his gold coin, and then pours a mug of his stankiest brew.
(09:20:28 PM) ***Acadia looks at Serri
(09:21:12 PM) D_M: Vargas, you and Magnus find yourselves coming up to a market.
(09:21:24 PM) ***_Magnus shakes his head at the other man, "I do not, I'm afraid."
(09:22:00 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *drinks it, and rumbles* "I said I was looking for a Barghest. Sometimes looks like a wolf, somtimes like a goblin-looking guy. I've got good money for the one who tells me where it got to." *he gestures over his shoulder* "The bear knows it is here somewhere. Anyone want to just point me in that direction?"
(09:22:05 PM) D_M: Sorry, yes, Magnus, you got the Gnoll to return and tend to his fallen brother.
(09:22:11 PM) Vargas: "We're looking for two men with a bear, or a goblin selling a gnoll pack medallion."
(09:22:44 PM) D_M: Vargas, GUDC.
(09:22:46 PM) Vargas: "The rest is up to Gott. Hopefully we'll catch some leads."
(09:22:52 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:22:52 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 31:13+18
(09:23:32 PM) D_M: Vargas, they have seen this!
(09:23:36 PM) D_M: It went that way!
(09:23:54 PM) ***Vargas goes thattaway! "Come, Magnus, the chase is still alive!"
(09:24:44 PM) ***_Magnus follows the man.
(09:24:55 PM) D_M: "There's lot of goblin folk in here, human," says the bartender. "Me one of 'em. You come in here and says one of us is a monster? That what you do?"
(09:25:14 PM) D_M: Serribon and Acadia, any actions?
(09:25:38 PM) _Magnus: (Sorry all, I have to be heading to work soon)
(09:26:02 PM) D_M: (Yup, sorry to hear it, Nacht.)
(09:26:15 PM) Acadia: Could I pinpoint the specific goblin by smell?
(09:26:32 PM) D_M: It's possible, Acadia.
(09:26:33 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Yep. I don't have a problem with goblins. i have a problem with barghests. I drink your beer. I give you money. I don't care."
(09:26:46 PM) ***Serribon approaches the door and scans the crowd for a gobbo wearing the stolen clothes. Or just not quite goblin enough (being a demon and all).
(09:26:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+22 (perc)
(09:26:51 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (perc): 25:3+22
(09:26:59 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14 to spot the gobby
(09:26:59 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, to spot the gobby: 22:8+14
(09:27:51 PM) D_M: Not at this range, Acadia and Serribon.
(09:27:58 PM) D_M: Ibram, roll Diplo (not intimidate)
(09:28:28 PM) D_M: DC 15
(09:28:32 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:28:32 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 18:16+2
(09:28:34 PM) LordofWeirdos: drama dice
(09:28:37 PM) D_M: Ha ha!
(09:29:59 PM) D_M: The bartender purses his goblinish lips. He looks around. "You want to ask questions, you do it. I don't be responsible for what happens to you, though. I don't know of any barghest."
(09:31:12 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "OKay. Any of you seen big wolf-thing? Its been eating gnolls and things. Hurting lots of people. I hunt it."
(09:33:22 PM) D_M: Ibram, you get no immediate response, but the whole place has gone still and is watching you. If you stand up, you find yourself in very close proximity to the half-orc and two hobgoblins.
(09:33:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just keeps drinking. S'what a badass does*
(09:34:05 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *is actually mostly watching to see if anyone tries to run*
(09:34:41 PM) D_M: ibram, roll GUPc and Sense Motive.
(09:34:56 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+1
(09:34:56 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 12:11+1
(09:34:57 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+1
(09:34:57 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 21:20+1
(09:35:01 PM) LordofWeirdos: haha
(09:35:06 PM) Vargas: (sweet)
(09:36:07 PM) D_M: Ibram, you get a ping of shiftiness on a couple of small goblins in the back. They aren"t running, but they look nervous.
(09:36:37 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will put down two more coins.* "two more."
(09:37:52 PM) D_M: The bartender looks at the goblins among his clientel. Three gold pieces on the table.
(09:38:00 PM) D_M: Some of the locals start whispering.
(09:38:05 PM) D_M: Amongst themselves, I mean.
(09:38:28 PM) D_M: Two of the goblins in the back leave their seats and head for the stairs in the far corner.
(09:38:30 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18 (perc to eavesdrop)
(09:38:30 PM) Clockwork: Serribon, (perc to eavesdrop): 19:1+18
(09:38:40 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "I wouldn't, if I were you."
(09:38:44 PM) Serribon: (man. this is really meant to be Ibby's deal)
(09:38:59 PM) _Magnus: (Alright..got to head out. Sorry folks..do let me know how it goes.)
(09:39:06 PM) Vargas: (Like Maggy)
(09:39:07 PM) D_M: Ibram, you'll have to project that. You're talking across the room to the two little ones?
(09:39:09 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14 to notice runners
(09:39:09 PM) Clockwork: Acadia, to notice runners: 30:16+14
(09:39:11 PM) Vargas: (err, Night)
(09:39:12 PM) Serribon: (right-o. Have a good night)
(09:39:18 PM) LordofWeirdos: (goodnight bro)
(09:39:21 PM) LordofWeirdos: yeah!
(09:39:26 PM) LordofWeirdos: And if they don't
(09:39:27 PM) _Magnus: (I know I'm cool, Vargas)
(09:39:31 PM) LordofWeirdos: he'll try to brain one with a throw tankard.
(09:39:37 PM) Acadia: (night Magnus!)
(09:40:18 PM) _Magnus left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(09:41:35 PM) D_M: The goblins, hailed, hesitate and look at Ibram, and then at each other. And then they attempt to continue up the stairs.
(09:41:42 PM) D_M: Thirty feet, Ibram. -4 on the ranged attack.
(09:41:56 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+9
(09:41:56 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 18:9+9
(09:42:00 PM) D_M: And -4 more for the improvised weapon.
(09:42:09 PM) D_M: 14 total?
(09:42:11 PM) LordofWeirdos: aw hell
(09:42:14 PM) LordofWeirdos: well it was a cool idea
(09:42:21 PM) D_M: Wait wait. 14 total?
(09:42:30 PM) LordofWeirdos: yeah
(09:42:48 PM) D_M: On a flat-footed goblin? Roll damage. 1d3+STR.
(09:43:12 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d3+4
(09:43:12 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 5:1+4
(09:43:26 PM) Vargas: (Man, that whole bar is going to think Ibram is such a badass. Beaning somebody on the head in the back from the bar with a mug)
(09:44:33 PM) D_M: CLANK! The goblin staggers. The other goblin bolts up the stairs.
(09:44:47 PM) D_M: Acadia and Serribon, you observe all of this.
(09:45:24 PM) Serribon: Does the one he beaned look like it might be our quarry?
(09:45:28 PM) Vargas: (And if the mug does no damage at all, we've got a bargy)
(09:45:47 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "HEY BEAR! WATCH THE TOP FLOOR!"
(09:45:48 PM) Serribon: Or either of them, really.
(09:46:17 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just sorta drains his beer and sets it down* "Scuse me. Have a few more for the mess I'm about to make."
(09:46:18 PM) D_M: The beaned one is definitely just a beaned goblin. The other one is sprinting up and about to be out of aight.
(09:46:18 PM) D_M: sight
(09:46:44 PM) ***Acadia will go look for an alternate exit to the tavern, on upper or lower level, keeping an eye out for the gnome that got away.
(09:46:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will head towards the stairs, and just walk around the beaned one, tossing a small bag (25 gold) back towards the bar)*
(09:47:08 PM) D_M: Hold it, Ibram!
(09:47:20 PM) LordofWeirdos: okay!
(09:47:57 PM) ***Serribon stays at the door, in case the barg goes invisible and tries to slip away.
(09:48:01 PM) D_M: You shoulder through the flabbergasted clientele, and the little struck goblin pulls a knife on you, jumping into your path and bearing all eighty-seven needle-like teeth.
(09:48:09 PM) D_M: "Die, human!"
(09:48:51 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *sighs, and will punch him in the face, clearly trying NOT to kill him* "You're not my target, idiot."
(09:48:55 PM) D_M: Acadia, you snuffle around back.
(09:49:01 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWo__6Xn6Qs
(09:49:07 PM) D_M: AoO...
(09:49:07 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Ibram's music for the bar scene)
(09:49:28 PM) D_M: Let me get this exactly right...
(09:49:28 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:49:29 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 5:3+2
(09:49:31 PM) D_M: Ok, he misses.
(09:49:36 PM) D_M: You may punch him.
(09:49:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(09:49:48 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 34:19+15
(09:49:56 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d3+4
(09:49:56 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 5:1+4
(09:49:58 PM) D_M: Uh... damage?
(09:50:04 PM) D_M: WHACK. HAMFIST.
(09:50:36 PM) D_M: You pile-drive the goblin with your fist. It crumples, and you can step past it and jog up the stairs
(09:51:17 PM) Vargas: (Ibram really is the Thor of our Avengers)
(09:51:43 PM) D_M: Serribon, Ibram is making his way up the stairs, about to be out of sight.
(09:51:56 PM) D_M: Acadia has trundled off around the corner of the building and left uou alone.
(09:52:36 PM) ***Serribon is guarding the door.
(09:52:48 PM) D_M: Vargas, you eventually get a lead to the correct street.
(09:52:53 PM) Serribon: And keeping his senses out for trouble.
(09:53:59 PM) ***Vargas casts Overland Flight, and keeps his left hand on an expiditious retreat scroll.
(09:54:07 PM) ***Vargas keeps moving!
(09:54:33 PM) D_M: Acadia, around the back, this is a wood-and-mud-brick building. It has a back door, and a second story with a couple of windows.
(09:55:30 PM) D_M: Ibram, at the top of the stairs is a closed wooden door.
(09:55:39 PM) ***Acadia watches for movement and keeps her nose open.
(09:56:24 PM) D_M: STR check to break it open, Ibram.
(09:56:30 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+4
(09:56:30 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 14:10+4
(09:56:37 PM) LordofWeirdos: actualy
(09:56:40 PM) LordofWeirdos: is it closed and locked?
(09:56:49 PM) LordofWeirdos: if not, Ibram will do the mundane thing and OPEN it
(09:57:00 PM) D_M: It is closed, and in some fashion barred from the other side. You will have to break and enter.
(09:57:04 PM) LordofWeirdos: play
(09:57:06 PM) Vargas: (sunderstorm?)
(09:57:09 PM) LordofWeirdos: well, str check
(09:57:14 PM) D_M: You just rolled it.
(09:58:00 PM) D_M: You kick the door under its latch, and you are rewarded with a crack of splintering wood. The door does not fly open, but its frame and latch are broken. You may push it open or kick it open.
(09:58:13 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will shoulder it open*
(09:58:46 PM) D_M: Ibram, bull-rush please. Not with shield. Regular combat maneuver check (same as grapple)
(09:59:08 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(09:59:08 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 25:10+15
(10:00:09 PM) D_M: You shoulder open the door and send staggering back a hobgoblin who had just moved to shore it up. The hobgoblin shouts something and waves his hand at Ibram as he staggers. INIT, Inram.
(10:00:09 PM) D_M: Ibram.
(10:00:19 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+2
(10:00:19 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 8:6+2
(10:02:25 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+2
(10:02:25 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 19:17+2
(10:02:57 PM) D_M: Two more hobgoblins rush you from the right, trying to tackle you. One AoO.
(10:03:09 PM) D_M: You do not have a weapon drawn at this time, though, so no AoO.
(10:03:23 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *nope! He's not killing people today*
(10:03:36 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+5 grapple
(10:03:36 PM) Clockwork: D_M, grapple: 12:7+5
(10:03:58 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Get out of my way, idiot."
(10:04:01 PM) Serribon: (if you've got gauntlets, that counts as armed)
(10:04:06 PM) LordofWeirdos: (he does.)
(10:04:24 PM) Serribon: (or, at least, threatening, as per AoO rules)
(10:04:29 PM) D_M: Only if they're built for use as a weapon.
(10:04:41 PM) D_M: If they are, then take your AoO.
(10:05:25 PM) Serribon: (nah, it's all of them)
(10:05:41 PM) D_M: Ok.
(10:07:05 PM) Serribon: (actually, no, I was wrong. sorry. only spiked, as you surmised)
(10:07:15 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just shrugs by 'em then*
(10:07:21 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=nUyNjjQq_rk
(10:07:27 PM) D_M: That's what I thought.
(10:07:42 PM) Serribon: (it was the ability to deal lethal damage that threw me off0
(10:08:28 PM) D_M: Ok, Ibram, you end up five feet into the room, with the doorway and a hobgoblin behind you, a hobgoblin to your right, and a hobgoblin in front of you. They mean you harm. It is your init.
(10:09:18 PM) D_M: Ibram, you and Magnus come jogging down a road. GUPCs.
(10:09:31 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (perc)
(10:09:31 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (perc): 23:6+17
(10:09:39 PM) Vargas: (I know what you meant)
(10:10:06 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will punch the FUCK out of the hobbo who tried to grab him*
(10:10:13 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(10:10:13 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 29:14+15
(10:10:16 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:10:16 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 24:14+10
(10:10:19 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:10:19 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 15:10+5
(10:10:33 PM) D_M: Ibram, roll damage 1
(10:10:41 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d3+4
(10:10:42 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 5:1+4
(10:10:44 PM) LordofWeirdos: just once?
(10:10:51 PM) D_M: Just the first one first.
(10:10:54 PM) LordofWeirdos: okay
(10:11:51 PM) D_M: The hobgoblin in the doorway, blocking your exit, takes your first blow but absorbs it like a street fighter. He'll need at least the other two from uour combo.
(10:12:02 PM) D_M: Roll the next two to try to lay him out.
(10:12:06 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d3+4
(10:12:06 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 6:2+4
(10:12:07 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d3+4
(10:12:08 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 5:1+4
(10:12:17 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> Down right fierce
(10:12:34 PM) Vargas: (Fierce punch, Fierce punch)
(10:12:44 PM) Vargas: (Shyruken!)
(10:12:51 PM) D_M: If only you could do a little better on your damage rolls. He's still up. You provoke, btw, using your fists.
(10:13:01 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:13:01 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 19:15+4
(10:13:19 PM) D_M: One of them tries to punch you in the back of the head.
(10:13:23 PM) D_M: You are fully armored, though.
(10:13:38 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *is Fatman*
(10:13:53 PM) D_M: The two behind and to your left jump you, going for the choke hold and such.
(10:14:03 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:14:03 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 20:15+5
(10:14:13 PM) D_M: Doesn't quite.
(10:14:28 PM) D_M: The one in front of you pulls his knife and, from hell's heart...
(10:14:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:14:30 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 7:3+4
(10:14:36 PM) D_M: Pokes at thee.
(10:14:43 PM) D_M: It kinda stops on your chest plate.
(10:14:49 PM) D_M: Your go, Ibby.
(10:14:53 PM) D_M: Serribon, GUPc.
(10:15:05 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(10:15:05 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 38:20+18
(10:15:12 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will clobber down the one in front osme more, then take down the two jumping from behind and the left once he's dealt with
(10:15:17 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(10:15:17 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 25:10+15
(10:15:19 PM) Serribon: (+4 for ol' scratch)
(10:15:22 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:15:22 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 30:20+10
(10:15:25 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:15:25 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 25:20+5
(10:15:29 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:15:29 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 24:14+10
(10:15:32 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:15:32 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 20:15+5
(10:15:34 PM) D_M: Vargas, you see a tavern down the way, with a tall, cloaked figure skulking by its front door, just outside the threshhold.
(10:15:38 PM) LordofWeirdos: oh my god critical punching
(10:15:41 PM) Vargas: (hurricane kick!)
(10:15:54 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Nah more like the zangief spinning clothelines)
(10:16:02 PM) D_M: Ok, first damage roll, please.
(10:16:04 PM) D_M: Regular one.
(10:16:07 PM) ***Vargas takes off, and flies over the crowd towards the figure.
(10:16:10 PM) Serribon: (heh. I remember when I crit suckerpunched Hisham for sneaking up on me)
(10:16:22 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d3+4
(10:16:22 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 6:2+4
(10:16:41 PM) Serribon: (Farcon Baunch!)
(10:16:43 PM) D_M: There's not much crowd in these streets, so you can sorta just blast down the center lane, as it were.
(10:16:50 PM) D_M: Kicking up a wake of dust.
(10:17:05 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgXvmtI_ug this turn this music played for Ibram
(10:17:19 PM) D_M: The first punch decks the guy in the doorway. You may turn and deliver your first critical to either of the two remaining guys.
(10:17:27 PM) D_M: Wait, AoOs for you being unarmed.
(10:17:28 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *whirls on lefty*
(10:17:30 PM) LordofWeirdos: sure!
(10:17:32 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:17:32 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 17:13+4
(10:17:39 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:17:39 PM) Clockwork: D_M: 15:11+4
(10:17:42 PM) D_M: Yeah, no.
(10:17:48 PM) D_M: They throw punches and kicks at you.
(10:17:50 PM) D_M: Open fire.
(10:17:54 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *hits him with an elbow drop!*
(10:18:00 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 2d3+8
(10:18:00 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 11:3+8
(10:18:09 PM) D_M: He's still up, but ROCKed.
(10:18:11 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *and then a knee to the groin*
(10:18:14 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 2d3+8
(10:18:14 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 11:3+8
(10:18:41 PM) D_M: He doubles over and then sinks.
(10:18:55 PM) D_M: You straighten up and turn to face the interior of the room and the remaining hobgoblin there.
(10:19:11 PM) D_M: Serribon, you hear the door bang open upstairs, and then a brief tussle.
(10:20:10 PM) D_M: Vargas, you go zipping down the lane, much to the wonder of several passersby, and leaving Magnus in your dust.
(10:20:23 PM) D_M: Ibram, you have a moment for an intimidate check as this one hesitates.
(10:20:40 PM) Vargas: "Serribon?!"
(10:21:09 PM) Serribon: "Yes. Ibram has gone upstairs in pursuit of a goblin. I do not know if it is the right one."
(10:21:12 PM) D_M: Serribon, you hear a shout from behind. Familiar voice.
(10:21:31 PM) Serribon: "Acadia is around back, watching the rear."
(10:21:35 PM) D_M: Vargas, bear in mind round time. You have some distance to cover, and you can't run with this spell. It'll take uou a couple more rounds to get there.
(10:21:50 PM) D_M: Serribon, queue that exposition for just a moment.
(10:21:55 PM) D_M: Or shout it.
(10:21:55 PM) ***Serribon will hold off on the rundown.
(10:22:27 PM) ***Vargas has no reason to go for anything more than a double move.
(10:22:28 PM) Serribon: I'm not terribly worked up, so I'll wait.
(10:22:40 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+20
(10:22:40 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 39:19+20
(10:22:42 PM) LordofWeirdos: yes he will
(10:22:49 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Where'd the goblin go?"
(10:23:08 PM) D_M: Ibram, you crack your gauntletted knuckles effectively.
(10:23:20 PM) D_M: GUPc, Ibram.
(10:23:41 PM) D_M: GUPC, Acadia.
(10:23:52 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+14
(10:23:52 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 21:7+14
(10:24:24 PM) D_M: GUPC, Vargas.
(10:24:30 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:24:30 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 37:20+17
(10:24:34 PM) D_M: Heh.
(10:24:35 PM) Vargas: (ho ho ho!)
(10:24:37 PM) D_M: GUPC, Ibram.
(10:25:28 PM) D_M: Vargas, as you race down the street at the best pace this spell will muster, you see coming from the other direction a couple of men on horseback who look official. You will be lucky to reach the door more than a few rounds before they do.
(10:25:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:25:39 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 17:16+1
(10:26:32 PM) D_M: Ibram, this upstairs space is a goblin den. It's a messy living space of cushions and pots and a stove and a toilet pot all kind of jumbled about without organization.
(10:26:56 PM) D_M: There are a number of goblins in here, the small kind, cowering and showing their teeth as you lay out their larger brethren with ease.
(10:27:12 PM) Vargas: (would it be faster to use the scroll to boost my move speed on the ground, and hoof it?)
(10:27:17 PM) D_M: The last remaining hobgoblin who is not rolling on the floor moaning about something steps back, utterly cowed.
(10:27:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "WHERE IS THE ONE WHO CAME IN HERE?:
(10:28:14 PM) D_M: Vargas, yes, much.
(10:28:18 PM) ***Vargas does so.
(10:28:28 PM) D_M: They all look toward one small goblin who is just joining the others.
(10:29:31 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *draws his sword* "you're MINE barghest."
(10:29:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *stalks towards this one*
(10:30:19 PM) D_M: Acadia, at about that moment, a small goblin in children's clothes appears outside the window and begins to float down to the ground.
(10:30:37 PM) D_M: Ibram, you bear down on the terrified goblin, who shakes and chatters in its mean goblin dialect.
(10:30:45 PM) D_M: It looks to its friends for help but receives none.
(10:30:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *frowns, and will give it a punch. If it hasn't changed yet, it probably isn't his target either*
(10:31:01 PM) D_M: Serribon, you can hear Ibram roaring upstairs.
(10:31:06 PM) Acadia: Is there enough vegetation to entangle it?
(10:31:35 PM) D_M: Vargas, you hit the ground running, burn the scroll, and take off like a shot. You've never run this fast before... except maybe the last time you used this spell. It's like being Usain Bolt for a moment.
(10:31:52 PM) ***Vargas holds on to his hat as he goes!
(10:31:59 PM) D_M: Negative, Acadia. You are in a packed-dirt back alley in a dirty city.
(10:32:06 PM) Serribon: (and now he's Rincewind)
(10:32:27 PM) Vargas: (best call is roar for help, Acadia. Then whatever you've got)
(10:32:35 PM) D_M: Perhaps you go this fast while Hasted, but it never feels like this, like your legs just have that magic GO.
(10:32:46 PM) ***Acadia roars and then runs to meet the little goblin.
(10:32:47 PM) Vargas: (Roaring is like a summon Ibram spell. Target, closest window)
(10:32:54 PM) D_M_ [~Ancient@rrcs-70-63-176-195.midsouth.biz.rr.com] entered the room.
(10:33:05 PM) D_M_: 22:34 D_M Perhaps you go this fast while Hasted, but it never feels like this, like your legs just have that magic GO.
(10:33:26 PM) Serribon: (what spell did you use?)
(10:33:34 PM) Vargas: (expiditious retreat)
(10:33:38 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(10:33:53 PM) Serribon: I suppose I hear the bear roaring after Ibby?
(10:34:09 PM) D_M_: That"s up to Acadia.
(10:34:35 PM) Serribon: (oh, she posted that while you were deadlinked)
(10:34:46 PM) D_M_: Oh.
(10:34:51 PM) D_M_: Copy me on that.
(10:34:54 PM) Vargas: [22:31] Acadia roars and then runs to meet the little goblin.
(10:35:42 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will belay his Goblin beatdown and head towars Acadia's roar then. Probably by going through a window like a proper action hero*
(10:36:04 PM) D_M_: You all hear from the back of the tavern a bear's great roar. Acadia, you begin charging toward the goblin as it floats down. It goes floating up.
(10:36:08 PM) D_M left the room (quit: Ping timeout: 190 seconds).
(10:36:16 PM) ***Serribon is off like a shot, drawing Power Voilence as he goes.
(10:36:26 PM) D_M_: Ibram, you reach the window just as a goblin in children's clothing comes floating up into reach.
(10:36:34 PM) LordofWeirdos: haha
(10:36:37 PM) D_M_: Serribon, your route?
(10:36:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: what are the rules to flying tackle someone?
(10:36:43 PM) ***Vargas follows the man with the hoodie and the halberd.
(10:36:43 PM) D_M_: It is blinking, thou, Ibram.
(10:36:53 PM) LordofWeirdos: as in, blinking... oh DAMMIT
(10:36:58 PM) Serribon: I run faster than I climb, so around the building, alley side.
(10:37:06 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *will pause at the edge, and LUNGE. Gonna stab it from behind*
(10:37:15 PM) D_M_: You can make a charge grapple attack, if you prefer.
(10:37:26 PM) D_M_: Just understand that it has a chance of blinking out of your grapple.
(10:37:26 PM) Serribon: As one doesn't generally want to run down a public street with a weapon in hand.
(10:37:35 PM) LordofWeirdos: that works
(10:37:38 PM) Serribon: (Then physics takes over)
(10:37:40 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(10:37:40 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 19:4+15
(10:37:42 PM) LordofWeirdos: dammit
(10:37:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: shoulda stabbed it
(10:37:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: oh I'm sorry 21 I was charging
(10:38:03 PM) Vargas: (JRPG characters do it all the time. Hair spikes are drawn and wielded in broad daylight. Savage.)
(10:38:14 PM) LordofWeirdos: actually
(10:38:16 PM) LordofWeirdos: in fairness
(10:38:18 PM) LordofWeirdos: I can't grapple
(10:38:18 PM) D_M_: AP, Ibram? It's real close.
(10:38:23 PM) D_M_: ?
(10:38:28 PM) LordofWeirdos: He had his sword drawn
(10:38:31 PM) LordofWeirdos: nothing to grapple WITH
(10:39:29 PM) D_M_: You can grapple with one hand, at -4
(10:39:37 PM) LordofWeirdos: Nah
(10:39:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: he'd just stab
(10:39:40 PM) D_M_: Or you can make an attack instead.
(10:39:42 PM) D_M_: Ok.
(10:39:47 PM) D_M_: Roll it.
(10:40:06 PM) D_M_: Serribon, your route? Around the building whence the bear went?
(10:40:09 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+21
(10:40:09 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 35:14+21
(10:40:11 PM) Vargas: (It's wounded, so swordination isn't a bad idea.)
(10:40:24 PM) LordofWeirdos: (swordination is NEVER bad)
(10:40:24 PM) Serribon: Yes, ally-side rather than road-side.
(10:40:33 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d2 (miss on a 1)
(10:40:33 PM) Clockwork: D_M_, (miss on a 1): 2
(10:40:34 PM) Serribon: alley*
(10:40:38 PM) D_M_: HIT!
(10:41:16 PM) D_M_: Serribon, as you run, somehow Vargas intercepts you and manages to keep up with you, which is, like, crazy. You both sprint around the end of the building toward the back.
(10:41:30 PM) Serribon: "Been exercising?"
(10:41:37 PM) Vargas: "Cheating, as always."
(10:41:37 PM) D_M_: Ibram, damage.
(10:41:48 PM) D_M_: Acadia.
(10:42:17 PM) Vargas: "Officials maybe in route. Be quick."
(10:42:34 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d8+10
(10:42:34 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 17:7+10
(10:42:36 PM) D_M_: You took a move action only, reaching the bottom of the building and standing up against it like an angry bear trying to reach something just out of reach above you. You still have a standard action to cast a spell.
(10:42:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: 17 shank damage
(10:43:03 PM) Acadia: Cool. Flame Strike, if Ibram is out of the way.
(10:43:06 PM) D_M_: Magic weapon, ibram?
(10:43:17 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flame-strike
(10:43:19 PM) D_M_: Ibram is not, but sometimes them"s the breaks.
(10:43:34 PM) Vargas: (Just don't burn down the tavern)
(10:43:39 PM) Acadia: Oh, well, sorry Ibram.
(10:43:43 PM) D_M_: Say your DC, Acadia.
(10:43:49 PM) Vargas: +2, keen blade GM
(10:44:07 PM) Acadia: (calculations for that, again?)
(10:44:17 PM) Vargas: 10 + 5 + wis mod
(10:44:35 PM) Acadia: lv 4 spell for druid
(10:44:42 PM) Vargas: (oh, 4 then)
(10:44:44 PM) D_M_: So 10+4+]*\
(10:44:44 PM) Acadia: plus 3 for wis so 17 DC
(10:44:48 PM) LordofWeirdos: +2 keen adamantine
(10:44:50 PM) Acadia: (Thank you V)
(10:45:00 PM) D_M_: Roll REF, Ibram.
(10:45:33 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d20+11 (ref for barghest)
(10:45:33 PM) Clockwork: D_M_, (ref for barghest): 18:7+11
(10:45:42 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+5
(10:45:43 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 21:16+5
(10:45:44 PM) LordofWeirdos: haha
(10:45:56 PM) LordofWeirdos: ibram ducks behind a part of the balustrade
(10:46:13 PM) D_M_: Half damage to Ibram. Roll damage, Acadia.
(10:46:17 PM) D_M_: 9d6
(10:46:25 PM) Acadia: ,roll 9d6
(10:46:25 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 33
(10:47:09 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Ow! Fuck you whoever did that!"
(10:47:24 PM) ***Acadia looks as innocent as possible.
(10:47:41 PM) Vargas: (Look at that bear. It's wearing a tiny hat. It can't possibly be guilty)
(10:47:43 PM) D_M_: Ibram, uou race to the window, see the goblin floating up toward you, and stick your sword in it. For some reason, this causes a great column of fire and light to blast down from above right outside the window and give you a nasty burn on your arms.
(10:47:55 PM) D_M_: 16 damage, Ibram.
(10:48:29 PM) D_M_: The little goblin in children's clothes takes 8 as it blinks out of existence half way through the blast of fire.
(10:48:38 PM) D_M_: Roll reflex, Acadia, as the column continues down and drops on your head.
(10:50:16 PM) Acadia: ,roll 1d20+2
(10:50:16 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 5:3+2
(10:50:22 PM) Acadia: Ouch
(10:52:03 PM) D_M_: Acadia realizes she zinged Ibram and has a mental moment of, "Oops! Wait..." FLAMESTRIKE. When the fire dissipates, Acadia is momentarily replaced with a Tex Avery cartoon bear, all blackened. She lets out a puff of black smoke, and then our cartoon moment is over and Acadia actually took 33 damage from her own spell.
(10:52:22 PM) Vargas: (hahah)
(10:52:28 PM) LordofWeirdos: (has anyone seen teddy yet but me?)
(10:52:32 PM) Acadia: (got a little ahead of herself on that one)
(10:52:35 PM) D_M_: (Neg)
(10:52:38 PM) Vargas: (Not yet. Plan to this week)
(10:52:45 PM) Acadia: (nope_
(10:52:50 PM) Acadia: )*
(10:52:53 PM) D_M_: Vargas and Serribon, you two burst around the corner just as the flamestrike disippates.
(10:52:57 PM) D_M_: dissipates.
(10:52:59 PM) D_M_: Whatever.
(10:53:05 PM) D_M_: End round.
(10:53:12 PM) D_M_: barghoblin.
(10:53:14 PM) LordofWeirdos: (My friend'ds quote about it applies: Those of you who know me as a self-righteous prig with a stern sense of propriety may be shocked to know that I found "Ted"—about a foul-mouthed, pot-smoking teddy bear—to be the funniest movie I've seen in my adult life.)
(10:53:26 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Basically Teddy is Ibram as a bear)
(10:54:03 PM) Vargas: (I could polymorph you into a species of midget bear.)
(10:54:12 PM) Vargas: (The Ruxbin species.)
(10:54:22 PM) Serribon: (A bear there was! A bear! A Bear!)
(10:54:34 PM) D_M_: Ibram, the barghoblin tries to cast a spell-like. AoO.
(10:54:47 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+20
(10:54:47 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 31:11+20
(10:55:03 PM) D_M_: (Ursus Ruxbinus?)
(10:55:15 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d2
(10:55:15 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 2
(10:55:18 PM) D_M_: HIT!
(10:55:24 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d8+10
(10:55:25 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 13:3+10
(10:55:28 PM) D_M_: The Emprah is strong with this one.
(10:55:31 PM) Vargas: (tonight is Ibram's night)
(10:55:56 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:55:57 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 17:4+13
(10:56:12 PM) D_M_: He loses the spell. I'll be damned.
(10:56:17 PM) Vargas: (ouch)
(10:56:37 PM) LordofWeirdos: (the proper song to finish this out with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNf9rEPoc8Q )
(10:56:44 PM) D_M_: Ibram, your turn. Consider the goblin now to have cover against you.
(10:56:59 PM) D_M_: Basically, he has +2 AC.
(10:57:08 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *full attacks that little bastard*
(10:57:12 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+20
(10:57:12 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 32:12+20
(10:57:15 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+15
(10:57:15 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 24:9+15
(10:57:17 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:57:18 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 20:10+10
(10:57:23 PM) LordofWeirdos: idk what his AC is tho
(10:58:04 PM) D_M_: AC 22
(10:58:13 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d2
(10:58:14 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 1
(10:58:17 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d2
(10:58:17 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 1
(10:58:23 PM) D_M_: AP on the last one?
(10:58:33 PM) Vargas: (wait, so that's the origin of "King of the Impossible")
(10:58:36 PM) Vargas: (hah)
(10:59:37 PM) D_M_: Assuming no AP.
(10:59:50 PM) D_M_: Acadia, go.
(10:59:53 PM) LordofWeirdos: yeah no ap
(11:00:00 PM) LordofWeirdos: He's out until next level
(11:00:09 PM) D_M_: (Same here.)
(11:00:59 PM) Acadia: Being pretty much out of everything else, Acadia turns to her lightning tattoo
(11:01:16 PM) D_M_: Be advised, that is also a vertical column effect.
(11:01:52 PM) Acadia: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/call-lightning
(11:02:04 PM) Acadia: (I'll move out of the way before casting this one)
(11:02:13 PM) D_M_: Ok.
(11:02:18 PM) D_M_: Ref DC?
(11:02:34 PM) Acadia: 18
(11:02:52 PM) D_M_: You sure?
(11:03:28 PM) Acadia: Level 5 spell plus 3 for wis
(11:03:28 PM) D_M_: Call lightning, or call lightning storm?
(11:03:31 PM) Acadia: storm
(11:03:39 PM) D_M_: Ah. It matters.
(11:03:44 PM) Acadia: Mhm.
(11:04:07 PM) D_M_: The bear heaves its great bulk away from the wall and looks up at the barghoblin, snarling.
(11:04:31 PM) D_M_: And as a result, the air is rent with a great clap of thunder as lightning strikes down the side of the building.
(11:04:37 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d20+11
(11:04:37 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 22:11+11
(11:04:44 PM) D_M_: Roll damage.
(11:04:56 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(11:04:57 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 20
(11:05:16 PM) D_M_: 5 more to the barghoblin.
(11:06:05 PM) D_M_: Vargas and Serribon roll onto the scene. You are thirty feet from where the lightning bolt touched. The goblin is about fourteen feet up.
(11:06:21 PM) Vargas: (Serribon has the right to go first)
(11:06:26 PM) D_M_: Slant range from present position is about 35 feet to be adjacent.
(11:06:30 PM) Vargas: (He owns my init score)
(11:06:54 PM) D_M_: Serriberri?
(11:07:09 PM) Vargas: (What do you think guys, dispel his blink, or magic missile?)
(11:07:34 PM) Serribon: (Blink or get him onto the ground)
(11:07:42 PM) Acadia: (dispel!)
(11:08:04 PM) ***Serribon drops his sword, draws his bow, and fires.
(11:08:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:08:16 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 30:11+19
(11:08:42 PM) Serribon: (he's 50/50 or 1/4?)
(11:08:43 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d2
(11:08:43 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 1
(11:08:46 PM) D_M_: Miss.
(11:09:19 PM) D_M_: Vargas?
(11:09:33 PM) ***Vargas speaks the words to rip the Blink enchantment asunder.
(11:09:36 PM) Vargas: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-magic
(11:09:47 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (DC of 17 to break)
(11:09:47 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (DC of 17 to break): 29:18+11
(11:10:38 PM) Vargas: (I precalculated the number I needed to beat)
(11:10:45 PM) D_M_: Blink is dispelled.
(11:11:17 PM) D_M_: barghoblin's turn.
(11:11:32 PM) D_M_: It tries to levitate up out of reach. AoO, Ibram.
(11:13:15 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+20
(11:13:15 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 33:13+20
(11:13:20 PM) LordofWeirdos: c'mon hit
(11:13:20 PM) D_M_: Roll damage.
(11:13:34 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d8+10
(11:13:34 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 13:3+10
(11:13:46 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Die already!"
(11:13:48 PM) D_M_: Solid hit as the little goblin rises up out of view, Ibram.
(11:13:59 PM) D_M_: The thing is just way tougher than a little goblin should e.
(11:14:00 PM) D_M_: be.
(11:14:14 PM) D_M_: Acadia, it floats up, reach the eaves of the roof above. Your go.
(11:14:42 PM) Acadia: Lightning!
(11:14:49 PM) D_M_: Roll damage.
(11:14:56 PM) Acadia: ,roll 5d6
(11:14:57 PM) Clockwork: Acadia: 18
(11:14:58 PM) D_M_: ,roll 1d20+11
(11:14:59 PM) Clockwork: D_M_: 18:7+11
(11:15:07 PM) D_M_: It saves again.
(11:15:13 PM) D_M_: 3 damage.
(11:15:23 PM) Vargas: 9 you mean.
(11:15:33 PM) D_M_: OH HO!
(11:15:37 PM) D_M_: Yes indeed. No blink this time.
(11:15:44 PM) Acadia: oh good
(11:15:51 PM) D_M_: The little thing drags itself onto the roof. Vargas and Serribon.
(11:15:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:15:57 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 25:6+19
(11:16:01 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:16:02 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 34:20+14
(11:16:04 PM) Vargas: "Wait Serribon."
(11:16:08 PM) D_M_: Too late.
(11:16:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:16:11 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 15:1+14
(11:16:18 PM) D_M_: Really, Serri?
(11:16:18 PM) D_M_: Oh well.
(11:16:20 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(11:16:20 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 17:8+9
(11:16:21 PM) Vargas: (oh well)
(11:16:30 PM) D_M_: AP on the last one?
(11:16:45 PM) Serribon: Sure
(11:16:49 PM) D_M_: Gotta make a 22
(11:16:53 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(11:16:53 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 7:2+5
(11:16:59 PM) D_M_: Five gets it!
(11:17:01 PM) D_M_: Three hits.
(11:17:38 PM) D_M_: Alas but for that crit.
(11:17:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d8+24+3d6
(11:17:56 PM) Clockwork: Serribon: 45:12+24+9
(11:18:06 PM) Serribon: 9 of that is fire
(11:18:07 PM) LordofWeirdos: ohg od
(11:18:49 PM) D_M_: Serribon unloads the fire bow on the little lump of goblin at the top of the roof. One flaming arrow streaks up, leaving a trail of thin, grey smoke.
(11:18:56 PM) D_M_: Another arrow cuts the same arc.
(11:19:10 PM) D_M_: Then a third, just as the goblin crawls onto the roof.
(11:19:18 PM) D_M_: Vargas?
(11:19:21 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "It still isn't dead?"
(11:19:36 PM) D_M_: You go basically at the same time as Serribon.
(11:19:43 PM) Vargas: (Can I touch both Serribon and Acadia?)
(11:19:49 PM) D_M_: Not from here.
(11:19:54 PM) D_M_: Just Serribon.
(11:20:10 PM) Vargas: (What if Serri used his 5' to move closer to Acadia, and I moved?)
(11:20:21 PM) D_M_: No.
(11:20:36 PM) D_M_: Plus, I advise against taking a thousand pound bear up onto the roof.
(11:20:46 PM) Serribon: (you could probably snatch up my sword and step the two of us up there.
(11:21:21 PM) D_M_: That would be feasible.
(11:21:57 PM) Vargas: typing
(11:23:21 PM) ***Vargas sprints up to the wall, and uses that momentum to boost his upward flight right into Ibram's sight picture. He extends one arm like he's going for a meaty handshake. It's the handshake of teleport death.
(11:23:29 PM) Vargas: (grab on, bro!)
(11:23:48 PM) Vargas: dstep Ibram right on top of the bastard.
(11:23:53 PM) D_M_: It would take a double move to get to Ibram.
(11:24:08 PM) Vargas: I have 60' landspeed
(11:24:23 PM) D_M_: then make a jump check.
(11:24:53 PM) D_M_: (acro)
(11:24:57 PM) Vargas: Would a fly be more appropriate? What DC am I going for? If this is hardish I'm feeding it to the demon ranger
(11:25:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *grab*
(11:26:52 PM) D_M_: Acro, with a +16 bonus for move speed and having fly active.
(11:27:14 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+17 (crossing fingers)
(11:27:14 PM) Clockwork: Vargas, (crossing fingers): 25:8+17
(11:27:37 PM) D_M_: AP?
(11:27:42 PM) Vargas: sure
(11:27:43 PM) D_M_: You're close.
(11:27:48 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d6
(11:27:48 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 1
(11:27:49 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d6
(11:27:50 PM) Clockwork: Vargas: 4
(11:28:17 PM) D_M_: Dex check, Ibram.
(11:29:04 PM) LordofWeirdos: ,roll 1d20+2
(11:29:04 PM) Clockwork: LordofWeirdos: 17:15+2
(11:29:33 PM) D_M_: Ibram knows the drill, and throws himself out the window, trusting Vargas to catch him.
(11:30:14 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> bro team PILL
(11:30:17 PM) D_M_: Vargas, as Ibram does a swan dive head first out the window, he reaches for you, and your fingers touch.
(11:31:02 PM) D_M_: You close the circuit and take a small piece of the universe on your mental shoulders, stretching the distance between yourself and the roof to nothingness.
(11:31:23 PM) Vargas: (Go Team Herzland!)
(11:31:26 PM) D_M_: When you release it, spacetime collapses back to full size, and Ibram: you are standing on the roof.
(11:31:46 PM) D_M_: At your feet, Ibram, a goblin in children's clothes, at zero HP.
(11:32:06 PM) Vargas: (wow)
(11:32:17 PM) Serribon: (naturally)
(11:32:24 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *stab*
(11:32:29 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PCGKPrnYB0
(11:32:44 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Ibram and V get stoned and play videogames)
(11:32:58 PM) D_M_: It is clawing its way just now onto the safety of the roof, thinking it has a moment's cover. It realizes suddenly that it is not alone. It looks up at you in its last moment with a mixture of hate and despair, and then you stick your sword through its face.
(11:33:04 PM) D_M_: Acadia.
(11:33:33 PM) Acadia: Can I see anything from down here?
(11:34:03 PM) D_M_: Acadia, you watch as Serribon unleashes one, two, three arrows at the little goblin, and then Vargas goes racing past you, doing a Jackie Chan up the side of the building and leaping. You watch in disbelief as Ibram dives OUT the window with no support. They meet just as he enters freefall, and both vanish.
(11:34:12 PM) D_M_: There is a moment of utter calm. You are alone.
(11:34:34 PM) ***Acadia looks around, and then plops on the ground.
(11:34:34 PM) D_M_: Then, as you watch, a small shape appears at the eaves and slides off the roof, falling, falling.
(11:34:59 PM) ***Acadia watches it fall.
(11:35:01 PM) D_M_: As it falls, it becomes a large shape, a horrid perversion of a wolf, and then it strikes the ground with a fleshy splat at your feet.
(11:35:16 PM) ***Acadia sniffs the body.
(11:35:37 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Let's get down there and pay my bartab. I feel kinda bad I beat up all those goblins."
(11:35:43 PM) D_M_: For a moment you behold its twisted corpse, its jaw dislocated, Its head stove in, its tongue lying out.
(11:35:56 PM) Vargas: "Wait, Ibram."
(11:35:58 PM) D_M_: And then it ignites in a low, cold, black fire that quickly consumes it to nothingness.
(11:36:04 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Okay."
(11:36:05 PM) Serribon: (actually, she's not alone. V didn't take me with)
(11:36:37 PM) D_M_: Oh, true. Serribon comes walking up from over yonder as the last of its ashes float away.
(11:36:39 PM) ***Vargas peers over the side, and watches the corpse vanishes. "There are people on horses coming. We need to leave. Justice has been done, but there will be no one to sing our praises."
(11:36:56 PM) Vargas: "Grab on, we're feathering down, and then we're walking away."
(11:37:09 PM) ***Vargas smiles at Ibram.
(11:37:22 PM) Serribon: (Wouldn't be a game without someone kill-stealing Serri)
(11:38:34 PM) D_M_: Vargas and Ibram jump off the eaves, and because they are level ten, Vargas doesn't even bother to fire the Featherfall spell until the last moment. They decelerate but still land with a goodly thump, like Kate Beckinsale at the beginning of Underworld.
(11:38:55 PM) Vargas: ( hehehe )
(11:39:30 PM) D_M_: Some day, Serribon. You will get your vengeance on all these kill-stealy bastards.
(11:39:42 PM) Serribon: "Let's go. Vargas says there are riders incoming."
(11:39:42 PM) Vargas: "Acadia, you can revert now. We need to blend in as we leave. Well done."
(11:39:48 PM) D_M_: I'm not sure what form that vengeance will take, but some day...
(11:40:25 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *tosses a bag of 25 gold in for the mess on the roof and elsewhere. He's not a jerk*
(11:40:29 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Sorry about that!"
(11:40:44 PM) D_M_: A badass musical theme plays as the team rendezvouses and makes itself scarce.
(11:41:00 PM) Vargas: (Thankfully the bar doesn't explode as we walk away.)
(11:41:05 PM) ***Acadia reverts to normal gnome form.
(11:41:09 PM) D_M_: Serribon, next time, don't flub the confirm, and you will get the kill.
(11:42:43 PM) Serribon: (heh. Any single one of those dice could have rolled just one point higher)
(11:42:46 PM) Vargas: "Whew. What a hunt. What a hunt."
(11:42:50 PM) LordofWeirdos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJj8r--VLNY here's the badass musical theme for us rolling out
(11:42:58 PM) LordofWeirdos: (Points to anyone who remembers this arc)
(11:43:35 PM) D_M_: Heh.
(11:43:39 PM) Serribon: (I didn't know there was an 80's-tastic soundtrack to go along with it)
(11:43:50 PM) Vargas: "Is everyone okay, because I'm beat?"
(11:43:58 PM) LordofWeirdos: (With my obsession with music, I couldn't forget)
(11:44:25 PM) Serribon: "Really? It seemed like a bit of a pushover."
(11:44:30 PM) D_M_: All right, free play. We all get back to the hotel just in time to get word that our house is done.
(11:44:38 PM) D_M_ is now known as Miriam
(11:44:45 PM) Vargas: (What was the name of the little girl?)
(11:44:50 PM) You are now known as Fake_GM
(11:44:58 PM) ***Miriam sits around back at the stinky lair, twiddling her thumbs and trying not to fall asleep.
(11:45:26 PM) Vargas: "Hah. Well, let's get Miriam before we call it a night."
(11:45:29 PM) Fake_GM: Lani, I think.
(11:45:32 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "I feel kinda bad about punching all those goblins."
(11:45:41 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Oh well. Their bad for getting in the way of my fists."
(11:46:27 PM) Vargas: "It was the best you could do. It's hard to convince people they are sheltering an invisible, blinking demon hound that's been eating people for 15 years."
(11:46:34 PM) Acadia: Well then, it is my bed time, I think. Early morning (well, comparatively)
(11:46:40 PM) Fake_GM: Five minutes after you leg it, Magnus arrives at the goblin bar to find the place in complete disarray and a few mounted guardsmen milling about. He has no idea what's going on.
(11:46:42 PM) Vargas: (Good night, Acadia)
(11:46:57 PM) Fake_GM: (night)
(11:47:00 PM) Acadia: (Night night!)
(11:47:08 PM) Vargas: "I can only hope Magnus figures out he should come back to base."
(11:47:18 PM) ***Vargas chuckles.
(11:48:24 PM) ***Miriam is eventually retrieved, around sunset.
(11:48:25 PM) Vargas: (I swear, Bill and I do so much acrobatic stuff, and neither of us has a single point in it. It's hilarious.)
(11:48:42 PM) LordofWeirdos: (V and Ibram are totally 1980s action heroes)
(11:48:43 PM) Miriam: You all move into the new house that night.
(11:48:55 PM) Miriam left the room (quit: Read error: Connection reset by peer).
(11:48:58 PM) Miriam [~Ancient@rrcs-70-63-176-195.midsouth.biz.rr.com] entered the room.
(11:49:23 PM) ***Vargas collapses into whatever counts as an lounge chair. "Ahhhhh!"
(11:49:24 PM) Miriam: That's true, Vargas, but you all barely make it. When Serribon does acrobatic stuff, he clears a twenty foot jump onto the back of a flying Roc.
(11:49:45 PM) Vargas: (Well, he /is/ our Spiderman.)
(11:50:03 PM) Fake_GM: Or jumps 15' straight up a sheer wall with a giant vermin swarm on his heels.
(11:50:23 PM) Vargas: (He just needs a spammable ranged entangle attack)
(11:50:35 PM) ***Miriam immediately sets about having herself a bath drawn. It's been a long day, and she's dragging, but fortunately we sprung for servants. This is going to feel soooooo good.
(11:50:36 PM) LordofWeirdos: He's spiderman
(11:50:39 PM) LordofWeirdos: we're like, lethal weapon
(11:50:43 PM) LordofWeirdos: or any other buddy cop movie
(11:50:43 PM) Fake_GM: (I do miss my djore of Engangling ectoplasm)
(11:51:08 PM) Miriam: (Heh. Psionics. So fired.)
(11:51:34 PM) Vargas: "You know what, Ibram?"
(11:51:44 PM) Fake_GM: (how do the tattooed items interact with magic item slots? Could I get spider climb on my limbs and still wear my magic boots?)
(11:51:59 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Nope! But I'm sure you'll tell me."
(11:52:09 PM) Vargas: (slotless items, technically)
(11:52:36 PM) Miriam: Correct, Serribon. You could get a slotless, command word tattoo.
(11:52:39 PM) Acadia left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving.).
(11:52:39 PM) Fake_GM: ('cause I think I could get some mileage out of spider climb)
(11:53:01 PM) Vargas: "I could be seriously depressed about the idea of barghests eating people for 15 years. But I'm not. I'm happy. I feel joy, because it stopped today. Nevermore will they feast, and that's a lot of lives saved."
(11:53:20 PM) Vargas: (I could also just enchant them in your shoes too, with a 50% combo penalty)
(11:53:26 PM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Eh. That's true. I'm just glad we took it out."
(11:53:45 PM) Fake_GM: (always-available would probably be more useful. and perhaps cheaper)
(11:56:20 PM) Fake_GM: (what's it cost to tattoo a Lv2 spell?)
(11:56:20 PM) Vargas: "Hey guys, do you mind if I take Magnus back to the monestary for a day?"
(11:56:48 PM) Miriam: The cost for the tattoo would be 2*3*1800*2 base price.
(11:57:09 PM) Miriam: 18000 base price. 9000 to craft. Unless you want to limit the uses per day.
(11:57:27 PM) Miriam: Er, my math is wrong there.
(11:57:34 PM) Vargas: "Fidden was the one that got blinded by the stirge, and was the only survivor of those who joined out trek. Or didn't vanish. Magnus says he can cure his blindness, and I'd like to do so."
(11:57:51 PM) Miriam: 21600
(11:57:56 PM) Miriam: Half that to craft.
(11:58:11 PM) Fake_GM: Ah. Hm. or 3600 to get it on my boots.
(11:58:13 PM) Miriam: Then reduce further by restricting it to less than five uses per day.
(11:58:38 PM) Miriam: Or that
(11:59:00 PM) Fake_GM: Dunno how that would work. As an item, the spell works for up to 10 mins a day/ up to 10 1-min intervals
(11:59:05 PM) Miriam: Slotless, permanent magic item that can't be lost or stolen? Expensive.
(11:59:09 PM) Fake_GM: Yeah
(11:59:23 PM) Vargas: "In addition, Magnus told me something today which was a bit of a shocker."
(11:59:30 PM) Fake_GM: well, 10/level for the spell. 10 mins for the slippers
(11:59:59 PM) Vargas: "Appearantly, he can raise the dead. Just like the Queen of Barthalis did, for Miriam."
(12:00:16 AM) ***Miriam obliviously washes.
(12:00:40 AM) Fake_GM: "Odd. But useful. Unless he's the one who gets killed."
(12:01:05 AM) Vargas: "You'll just have to make sure he doesn't die."
(12:01:34 AM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> "Oh, impressive."
(12:02:12 AM) Vargas: (Uh oh, midnight. I gotta turn into a pumpkin.)
(12:02:17 AM) Miriam: Reducing the tattoo's cost would grant you the normal duration at each use. 30 minutes, since the minimum caster level is 3.
(12:02:18 AM) Vargas: (Night dudes, had fun.)
(12:02:28 AM) Miriam: (You too, G!)
(12:02:31 AM) Clockwork left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection).
(12:02:35 AM) Vargas left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.88.2 [Firefox 13.0.1/20120614114901]).
(12:05:40 AM) Miriam: Actually, thinking about it, this particular application of the tattoo would be effectively continuous, so it would he 2*3*2000*2
(12:06:04 AM) Miriam: So 24000
(12:06:08 AM) Miriam: 12000 to craft.
(12:07:41 AM) Miriam: But again, you could reduce that to charges per day and command word activated. So, like, if you were willing to settle for just one 30 minute use per day, command word activated, you could make it 2*3*1800*2*(1/5)
(12:07:51 AM) Miriam: Divided by 2 for crafting cost.
(12:08:29 AM) Miriam: Which comes out to 2160.
(12:08:40 AM) Miriam: Crafting cost.
(12:09:27 AM) Miriam: Which is eminently affordable.
(12:09:58 AM) Miriam: Not quite as versatile as the slippers, since you only get a one-shot 30 minute duration.
(12:10:12 AM) Miriam: OR, you could simply have her replicate the function of the slippers, for twice their base price.
(12:10:15 AM) Miriam: 4800.
(12:10:30 AM) Miriam: Divide by 2, 2400 crafting cost.
(12:10:50 AM) Miriam: No, my bad.
(12:10:57 AM) Miriam: 4800 to craft.
(12:11:06 AM) Miriam: Base price is 4800 on those slippers.
(12:11:17 AM) Miriam: 9600 to make them slotless.
(12:11:34 AM) Miriam: Are you with me, here? I feel like I've confused even myself at this point.
(12:12:55 AM) Fake_GM: Yeah
(12:13:03 AM) Miriam: 9600 base price for a Slippers of Spider Climb tattoo. 4320 base price for a tattoo which gives you one 30-minute shot of spider climb per day, at a spoken word.
(12:13:16 AM) Miriam: Divide base price in half for creation cost.
(12:13:37 AM) Fake_GM: Other than the inability to parcel it out, that's a much better deal
(12:14:23 AM) Fake_GM: The command, obviously, would be Go, web, go!
(12:14:59 AM) Miriam: Yeah. For 4320 base price per charge, you can make that tattoo go up to 5 charges. After that, you have to make the jump to continuous, which is 24000 base price.
(12:15:52 AM) Miriam: Now, here's another thing. Is spider climb a spell you can cast yourself? As a ranger?
(12:16:14 AM) Fake_GM: Nope. Apparently it would be too useful.
(12:16:25 AM) Miriam: Oh, no. So never mind that.
(12:16:34 AM) Fake_GM: Yeah, no assistance discount
(12:16:42 AM) Miriam: Yeah.
(12:17:11 AM) Fake_GM: Hm. For still less than the price of having the slipper function repliated, you could get a hour's worth of the spell. Which would probably be more than enough.
(12:18:05 AM) Miriam: 8640, yes. Two 30m charges.
(12:18:10 AM) Miriam: Command word activated.
(12:18:48 AM) Fake_GM: Yeah. That's a pretty good deal. If I wouldn't be better served by a holy enchant, I'd be saving up for it.
(12:18:56 AM) Miriam: Heh, yeah.
(12:19:06 AM) Miriam: For future consideration, the following:
(12:21:04 AM) LordofWeirdos: You guys
(12:21:06 AM) LordofWeirdos: getting all magicked up
(12:21:11 AM) Miriam: If it is a spell you know and can cast, the tattoo has an interesting implication: Because it is an inscription, it can be rendered in the language and form of your choice. In other words, she can just tattoo you with the text of a scroll. This tattoo functions as a spell completion item, but does not evaporate once used (tattoos are at their essence permanent).
(12:21:16 AM) LordofWeirdos: <ibram> *just needs a bigger sword of killing*
(12:22:06 AM) Miriam: This type of tattoo uses a base multiplier of 1000 instead of 1800, for five castings per day. Again, reducible by division down to 1 use per day.
(12:23:41 AM) Miriam: This form of tattoo does not have to be visible for it to be used, so its still a slotless item and still useable under full armor.
(12:23:49 AM) Miriam: It just functions, at the time of casting, like a scroll.
(12:23:55 AM) Miriam: You just... cast the spel
(12:23:58 AM) Miriam: l.
(12:24:12 AM) Fake_GM: how many can you get?
(12:24:23 AM) Fake_GM: does a multi-charge scroll tattoo take up more slots?
(12:24:29 AM) Miriam: Slotless.
(12:24:44 AM) Miriam: The only limit is your bank account.
(12:25:05 AM) Miriam: Well, and at some point the DM will say, ok, enough is enough. when you get into the hundreds.
(12:26:04 AM) Fake_GM: Hm. Resist Energy would be a good investment
(12:26:19 AM) Miriam: And of course you only know so many spell.
(12:26:48 AM) Miriam: Ibram, imagine a tattoo of Greater Magic Weapon, which you could activate with a word.
(12:27:07 AM) Fake_GM: Except he can't use scrolls
(12:27:14 AM) You are now known as Rivet_
(12:30:01 AM) Miriam: His would be a full profile wondrous item version, like your Spider Climb.
(12:30:12 AM) Miriam: 1800 base multiplier.
(12:31:37 AM) Miriam: Or having the Glove of Storing functionality replicated in a tattoo on your hand.
(12:32:37 AM) Miriam: Or Bull's Strength.
(12:32:57 AM) Miriam: In other words, Ibram-usable tattoos of Bigger Sword are eminently feasible.
(12:34:43 AM) LordofWeirdos: Haha
(12:34:48 AM) LordofWeirdos: Scroll of meleegra
(12:34:58 AM) Rivet_: throw in Enlarge Person
(01:55:02 AM) Klokwerk_Emprah left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection). (02:26:26 AM) The account has disconnected and you are no longer in this chat. You will be automatically rejoined in the chat when the account reconnects.

15JUL12

Clockwork Rivet