23JAN11

(5:54:47 PM) ***Miriam has begun climbing zee mountain.
(5:54:58 PM) Miriam: (Rivet may be light, but is coming.)
(5:55:00 PM) Gerhal: Take your places.
(5:55:07 PM) Gerhal: Is Bill here?
(5:55:12 PM) Snoozy: yes
(5:55:17 PM) Kormak: Henshin!
(5:55:36 PM) Miriam: (Ahem, /late/. Rivet may be late.)
(5:55:42 PM) Gerhal is now known as Vargas
(5:55:53 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, your whump should be any minute now."
(5:55:59 PM) Vargas: "Must be that island."
(5:56:15 PM) ***Vargas discovered Ibram's next whump was not the same as his.
(5:56:19 PM) Vargas is now known as Gerhal
(6:00:10 PM) ***Miriam is ready. Rivet will be late.
(6:00:25 PM) ***Miriam is... in full adventurer gear, now being far from home and starting up this mountain.
(6:00:28 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *gets his gear ready*
(6:00:34 PM) Hisham_ is now known as Hisham
(6:00:42 PM) Miriam: It's probably cold, too, so she's wearing her winter furs.
(6:01:49 PM) Gerhal: Whumpsign comes with the breeze of warm, tropical, salty air.
(6:02:51 PM) Gerhal: The wind carries echoes of your own voices. Kaloon. Unter Unitos, great grandson of Dominos Unitos.
(6:03:26 PM) Gerhal: You catch a glimpse of servants and slaves scrambling to pack all things great and small.
(6:04:27 PM) Gerhal: Someone is running through the streets, and a locket is dropped in a puddle of blood.
(6:04:32 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Here we go again. The question is, how to help."
(6:05:06 PM) Gerhal: Rain. Horrible, horrible rain that smells of sulphur. Thunder. Lightning.
(6:05:11 PM) Gerhal: WHUMP
(6:05:55 PM) Gerhal: The party is right where we left off in Unter Unitos' guest chamber. A locket swings in his hand by a chain. He says, "You... blinked?"
(6:06:15 PM) Miriam: "It happens."
(6:06:17 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "We did. Now we've got all our stuff."
(6:06:25 PM) Miriam: "That's true!"
(6:06:28 PM) Gerhal: Unter seems confused.
(6:06:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Blinks, looking around, holding her bag, "Need more than 2 minutes really."
(6:06:37 PM) Gerhal: "What does this mean?"
(6:06:53 PM) ***Kormak looks around.
(6:07:08 PM) Miriam: "So where are we? Were we? This is..."
(6:07:11 PM) ***Miriam racks her brain.
(6:07:15 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "It means we're ready to help."
(6:07:26 PM) Gerhal: "This locket says the Hanging Man is coming, tonight."
(6:07:27 PM) Miriam: "This is the one that got interrupted. The Hanging Man was coming, right?
(6:07:29 PM) Miriam: "
(6:07:43 PM) Miriam: "And he hasn't come, yet? We've only been gone for an instant?"
(6:07:48 PM) Gerhal: "And you said that he will conquer this place for a very long time. You were telling me to evacuate my entire household."
(6:08:04 PM) Gerhal: "It couldn't have been longer than the snap of my fingers."
(6:08:15 PM) Gerhal: (It is 12:30 pm)
(6:08:16 PM) ***Hisham nods. "Would be a good idea to get away from here as quickly as possible, yeah."
(6:08:24 PM) ***Miriam looks around, to see if everyone else is here. Are we saying Rivet is NPC, or is he delayed in whumping?
(6:08:37 PM) Gerhal: (Rivet is delayed in whumping)
(6:08:57 PM) Miriam: "Well, we don't have Serriberri this time, but we have both the greenies."
(6:09:07 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Just looks like she's trying to catch up
(6:09:12 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *has two swords now, btw, one at his shoulder, one at his hip*
(6:09:22 PM) Miriam: "Um, so yeah, you have ships, right? We just need to get everyone down to the ships and off we go, right?"
(6:09:33 PM) Gerhal: "I have no ships."
(6:09:48 PM) Miriam: "No, but your people--I mean, the island has ships. This is a problem for everybody, after all."
(6:09:49 PM) Gerhal: "You suggested I buy one, but..."
(6:10:00 PM) Gerhal: "Yes, there are always ships in the harbor."
(6:10:49 PM) Miriam: "So, why can't they take everyone? It's in their interest. Let's go talk to them. Meanwhile, we should spread word that a disaster is coming. Probably not an undead monster, but something believable. A volcano, or a sea monster."
(6:11:11 PM) Gerhal: "It will take us several hours to pack. Perhaps another two to get everything to port from here. I cannot speak for my neighbors or the other lords."
(6:11:27 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Is there anyone you don't like? I'll take their ship."
(6:11:44 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> <q> "We can't take this Hanging man guy, right?"
(6:11:57 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "History says we can't, yes."
(6:11:59 PM) Gerhal: "There is no way they can carry everyone in the city. Even if they fit, it is still over a weeks voyage to land."
(6:12:03 PM) ***Miriam whispers to Cassandra, "No chance in any of the various hells."
(6:12:42 PM) ***Miriam turns on the minotaur. "Well, here we are, sir. We are the messengers. You are the chosen. Make your choice. Whom do we save?"
(6:13:37 PM) Miriam: "You've got so many ships, and so many people. We can make the ships happen, by hook or crook. But all the power is in your hands as to whom they take aboard. All the lives on this island are in your hands."
(6:14:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Ponders
(6:14:08 PM) Gerhal: Unter is taken back. *rolling will save off screen*
(6:14:46 PM) Gerhal: His life of nobility kicks in. "House Unitos, Oranmus, and Canter."
(6:14:58 PM) Gerhal: "The others can fend for themselves."
(6:15:16 PM) Gerhal: He gives you directions to House Oranmus and Canter.
(6:15:21 PM) ***Miriam looks to the others. "Dominos was good to us, and his progeny here has been decent enough. Do we follow his lead?"
(6:15:23 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Ok, so, we get a group to secure the boats, we get a group to help pack and we get a group to get the other houses to go."
(6:15:48 PM) Gerhal: "The servants and such will pack. Your ability cannot be wasted on packing material wealth."
(6:16:00 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "I don't see a reason why not."
(6:16:08 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Do we want to split up?"
(6:16:46 PM) ***Miriam frowns. "I think the ships are the hard part. Let's get that done first. Messages other people can carry."
(6:17:11 PM) Gerhal: Unter says, "You have eight hours before dark. After that, we can't be precisely sure when this Hanging Man will arrive."
(6:17:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "How many people are we talking in these three houses?"
(6:17:15 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Between the five of us, I suspect bargaining should not be too difficult."
(6:17:43 PM) Miriam: "And Unter, you come with us to the ships, or send someone to speak for you. If you have any wealth or power, it's time to lay it on the line. We're strangers, and our best tool is violence. We'll have more pull with your name behind us."
(6:17:51 PM) Gerhal: Unter says, "I will speak with House Oranmus. I will try to reach Cantus after that if you wish to secure the ships."
(6:18:10 PM) Kormak: "Will they listen?"
(6:18:42 PM) Gerhal: Unter things. "That is a problem. How to make them listen to you... I have an idea."
(6:18:56 PM) Miriam: "Let's hear it. Time's a-wasting."
(6:18:59 PM) Gerhal: Unter's horns are covered in intricate carvings with metal tracing.
(6:19:11 PM) Gerhal: "Cut off one of my horns."
(6:19:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Er, are you sure?"
(6:19:57 PM) Gerhal: "It is the closest thing I can give you for a 'badge of office'."
(6:20:02 PM) ***Miriam has no response to that. A suitable retaliation on Unter's part. She stands open-mouthed.
(6:20:14 PM) Gerhal: "It speaks to the dire nature of our situation. It is bold."
(6:20:19 PM) Miriam: "Er, how much... how much do we need?"
(6:21:16 PM) ***Gerhal he points to part of his left horn above the curve. It would give you a 6 inch piece. "About this much will do."
(6:21:31 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *walks over, drawing his backsword, the old one*
(6:21:36 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "I can make a clean cut."
(6:21:45 PM) Miriam: "All right... Yeah, best if Ibram does that."
(6:21:51 PM) ***Miriam turns around and finds something else to look at.
(6:22:01 PM) Gerhal: Unter looks around. "Damn, I need something to secure my neck."
(6:22:27 PM) Gerhal: Everyone roll wis or int, whichever is higher.
(6:22:35 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3
(6:22:35 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+2
(6:22:37 PM) Miriam: (wis)
(6:22:41 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+4
(6:22:42 PM) Miriam: Whoops! STand by.
(6:22:43 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+3
(6:22:44 PM) Snoozy: (Oh shit we needs roller)
(6:22:49 PM) Gerhal: WHERE IS THE EMPRAH?
(6:22:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah [HAXX_Empra@173-23-16-43.client.mchsi.com] entered the room.
(6:23:01 PM) DiscoBot [DiscoBot@99-89-32-203.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net] entered the room.
(6:23:04 PM) Miriam: The Emprah has arrived.
(6:23:11 PM) Miriam: Uh oh, two emprahs.
(6:23:12 PM) Gerhal: Shoo Discobot
(6:23:14 PM) Hisham: (ah, okay. no need for DiscoBot then.)
(6:23:14 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3
(6:23:14 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+4
(6:23:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 22:19+3
(6:23:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 15:11+4
(6:23:15 PM) DiscoBot: Miriam: 6:3+3
(6:23:15 PM) DiscoBot: Captain_Tylor: 12:8+4
(6:23:16 PM) DiscoBot left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection).
(6:23:22 PM) Miriam: I vote for the Empray.
(6:23:25 PM) Miriam: Emprah, rather.
(6:23:33 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+3 (int)
(6:23:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham, (int): 21:18+3
(6:23:46 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+2
(6:23:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 11:9+2
(6:24:01 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+4 (wis)
(6:24:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (wis): 17:13+4
(6:24:08 PM) Gerhal: Miriam and Hisham, you recall a demonstration of a certain big knife with amazing cutting properties that might be better for this than a longsword.
(6:24:31 PM) Snoozy: (Oh cassie has it atm)
(6:24:34 PM) Kormak: (Something Adamantine)
(6:24:44 PM) Miriam: "Er, Ibram, wait--"
(6:24:51 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Hm?"
(6:24:57 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *he looks at her mildly*
(6:25:13 PM) Miriam: "Something with a better edge than that old thing, maybe? I mean, don't we have anything?"
(6:25:28 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Oh yeah, Cassie, do you have that big knife still?"
(6:25:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Yeah." *She fishes it out and hands it over
(6:25:53 PM) ***Hisham wishes he had cool knives made out of exotic materials.
(6:25:58 PM) Miriam: "Don't worry, Unter, the half-orcs can hold you down."
(6:26:15 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "This won't hurt a bit." *he says with absolute certainty*
(6:26:18 PM) Gerhal: Unter asks, "How is that little knife supposed to do anything?"
(6:26:51 PM) Gerhal: He actually relaxes a bit since the knife isn't exactly intimidating like a longsword stroke to a piece of your skull might be.
(6:26:56 PM) ***Miriam shrugs. She doesn't know much about knives. That's Ibram's department. "If Ibram says it's sharper, it's probably sharper."
(6:27:14 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *takes the knife, walks over, and will shear the horn off without any real ceremony*
(6:27:45 PM) Kormak: "It's made of a metal like none other."
(6:27:58 PM) ***Hisham watches the horn extraction. "So... I take it they won't grow back or anything, huh? Not like a fingernail?"
(6:28:05 PM) Gerhal: Unter asks, "Are you done yet? Come on. You didn't even..." He looks a the horn piece, "By the gods..."
(6:28:15 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Anyone think they'll have a use for it? Personally I consider this more or less a utility tool." *he holds the kukri up and on offer*
(6:28:33 PM) Miriam: "Too big for me."
(6:28:57 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Hisham? Cassandra? Kormak?"
(6:29:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I generally use it as a lock pick in emergencies."
(6:29:06 PM) Miriam: "Anyway, we can talk about that later. Let's get down to the docks."
(6:29:14 PM) Kormak: "Not for me, thank you. I'm not the type for weapons."
(6:29:19 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *nods and will hand it back to Cassie who has a sheath for it*
(6:29:20 PM) Gerhal: Unter snaps too. "The horn will take ten years to grow again. And it will never match my right horn perfectly. It's best you go now."
(6:29:28 PM) Kormak: (My fists are registered weapons in 48 states)
(6:29:43 PM) Rivet [Rivet@r74-192-191-25.mnwlcmta01.mnwltx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net] entered the room.
(6:29:49 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Alright. Thank you for your sacrifice." *he lays a reassuring hand on Unter's arm.* "We'll make sure it's worth it."
(6:29:50 PM) Rivet is now known as Serribon
(6:30:00 PM) Gerhal: BAMF
(6:30:06 PM) Gerhal: Serribon appears.
(6:30:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Puts it away and heads with the group
(6:30:09 PM) Serribon: (I am sorry. The delay was unavoidable)
(6:30:14 PM) Snoozy: (No worries)
(6:30:20 PM) Miriam: (No problem, dude, we haven't even left Unter's house.)
(6:30:28 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, the group is in the guestroom of Unter Unitos' residence.
(6:30:42 PM) Gerhal: Ibram is holding a 8 inch piece of Unter's left horn.
(6:30:56 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *puts it in his belt, and will start striding towards the docks*
(6:31:07 PM) Miriam: "Oh! There's Serribon."
(6:31:11 PM) ***Serribon looks around, "Oh, so we're here again? Any progress?"
(6:31:29 PM) Miriam: "We have a horn instead of a letter of mark. We're headed to the ships to make a deal they can't refuse."
(6:31:40 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Just so."
(6:31:53 PM) Serribon: "Ah. Very well, then."
(6:32:23 PM) Miriam: To the docks district!
(6:32:32 PM) Gerhal: It is 12:30. It will take 1 hour to travel to the docks.
(6:32:41 PM) Gerhal: 1:30 pm.
(6:32:50 PM) Miriam: We borrow horses.
(6:33:04 PM) Miriam: (What is this, Assassin's Creed? Can we go by rooftops?)
(6:33:16 PM) Gerhal: (rofl)
(6:33:33 PM) Miriam: An hour of free running and guard-dodging later...
(6:33:50 PM) Gerhal: It will take you 15 minutes to acquire horses, but you will save 45 minutes of travel time. You arrive at 1 pm instead.
(6:33:53 PM) ***Serribon is the goddamn Caiman.
(6:34:06 PM) Miriam: (HAHAHAHA.)
(6:34:15 PM) Miriam: Ok, we all have horses. Yay.
(6:34:19 PM) Captain_Tylor: Can I spend 5 minutes to hit on Sakura? I think she's 2 love points away from a movement buff.
(6:34:31 PM) Snoozy: (huh?)
(6:34:36 PM) Gerhal: (Have you seen him? The flying alligator? The Caiman?)
(6:35:03 PM) Gerhal: Anyways.
(6:35:06 PM) Gerhal: The Docks.
(6:35:27 PM) Gerhal: It is midday now, and most of the movement has died down. People are in siesta mode.
(6:35:47 PM) Gerhal: The stage where they held the slave auction is empty.
(6:36:00 PM) Gerhal: Seven ships are at harbor.
(6:36:10 PM) Gerhal: All of them are large, deep ocean faring vessels.
(6:36:16 PM) ***Miriam looks around and hmms... "So... now what do we do?"
(6:36:29 PM) Serribon: "We are still trying to arrange an evacuation?"
(6:36:32 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Get the dock master to call the captains together."
(6:36:48 PM) ***Miriam points at Cassy. "Good idea!"
(6:36:52 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *nods*
(6:36:54 PM) Miriam: "Where's the dock-master?"
(6:37:05 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Let's ask around."
(6:37:24 PM) Gerhal: Roll diplo to determine how long it takes to track him down.
(6:37:31 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Ahoy mateys, where is the dock master?" *asks the man with no diplomacy*
(6:37:35 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+2
(6:37:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 11:9+2
(6:37:46 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+11 (diplo)
(6:37:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham, (diplo): 21:10+11
(6:37:50 PM) Miriam: I have this skill!
(6:37:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+14
(6:37:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 25:11+14
(6:37:55 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15 (GUDC)
(6:37:55 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (GUDC): 31:16+15
(6:37:59 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+7 (diplo)
(6:37:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (diplo): 9:2+7
(6:38:05 PM) Kormak: (I AM AN ORC)
(6:38:07 PM) Snoozy: (Oh ibram)
(6:38:10 PM) ***Hisham throws out the Pornomancy, but is outperformed by the chicks in the group.
(6:38:12 PM) Kormak: (THIS IS MY DIPLO CHECK)
(6:38:27 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> (I AM A TOUGH GUY.)
(6:38:28 PM) Gerhal: Hisham attracts the interest of the wrong kind of sailors.
(6:38:46 PM) Kormak: (WE HAVE TO BE BROS)
(6:39:04 PM) Snoozy: (They already are, they just need to brofist in battle)
(6:39:09 PM) Serribon: (WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK WE ARE?!?)
(6:39:22 PM) Gerhal: The girls are able to get good directions, and you managed to get to his "office" in a small mansion/barracks with a perfect view of all the ships.
(6:39:38 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *will knock, since knocking with a mailed fist is always impressive*
(6:40:08 PM) Miriam: "Ibram, will you be so kind as to let Cassandra do the talking? You, knocking. Cassandra, talking."
(6:40:17 PM) Gerhal: They take you to an open air balcony with doubles as the dock masters' office. He is a burly black haired dwarf sitting on a stool at a desk sized for a human.
(6:40:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Tries to stifle a laugh
(6:40:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Bows to the dwarf, "Sir. We are on a bit of an errand, and were wondering if your people could hastily gather the captains of the boats in harbor for a rather.... Impressive contract."
(6:41:37 PM) Gerhal: He raises an eyebrow. "Oh? What kind of contract would that be praytell?"
(6:42:09 PM) Gerhal: He pulls out his pipe, and offers you some of his smoking weed.
(6:42:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Let me see the horn."
(6:42:59 PM) Gerhal: (Ibram produces the Horn of Gondor)
(6:43:03 PM) Gerhal: (oh, wait)
(6:43:28 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *shows her the horn*
(6:43:31 PM) Miriam: Ibram produces the horn of Untos, which has yet to be hollowed out, and is only six inches long anyway, so will probably sound like a Kazoo.
(6:43:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Nonchelantly puts the horn on the table looking coy, "Big one."
(6:43:37 PM) Snoozy: (The red arrow!)
(6:44:43 PM) Serribon: (same difference)
(6:44:57 PM) Gerhal: The dwarf picks up the horn and looks at it. It takes a second for it to register. "You're serious! This is Unitos' horn?!?" He barks some orders in pirate canter to some assistants, and they disappear.
(6:45:29 PM) Gerhal: He claps his hands, and some slaves appear with fruit and drinks. "Please, make yourself comfortable."
(6:45:41 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Nods, "Boats are needed... Quickly."
(6:45:47 PM) ***Hisham shakes his head in disbelief. "The things some people will take for currency..."
(6:46:08 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "While I'd normally like to have a drink or some food, this is very serious"
(6:46:24 PM) Gerhal: "How many boats? And how quickly?"
(6:46:49 PM) ***Miriam glances at Cassandra and gives her that "go for broke" nod.
(6:46:51 PM) ***Serribon helps himself.
(6:46:59 PM) Hisham: "If we ever come across a society that uses toenail clippings as payment for goods and services..."
(6:47:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "All of them prefereably, and within 4 hours."
(6:47:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Says that in that "no I'm not kidding" tone
(6:47:39 PM) Gerhal: The dwarf looks at Hisham, "Do you have any idea what it means for a minotaur to give his horn... PPPFFFFFFFFFFFFT..." He drops his pipe.
(6:48:01 PM) Gerhal: "All of them? Is this some kind of joke?"
(6:48:20 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Well, we would LIKE that, but, the ones that can be ready within that time will certainly profit."
(6:48:23 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *gives him a grim look* "Do I look like I ever joke."
(6:48:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I mean if the others want to miss the profit, its on them."
(6:49:52 PM) Gerhal: He gives Cassandra a squinty look that's all wrinkles and eyebrows. "I smell a sea skunk. What's your game miss?"
(6:50:51 PM) Gerhal: "I don't care if the Captains take your deal or not, but I don't want to be made a fool for summoning them here for a prank, even if you have Unter's horn on it."
(6:51:00 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "There's something coming. Something big, and we need the ships. Its an emergency, the horn states that, doesn't it?"
(6:51:42 PM) Gerhal: He looks at the bone. "Unter has never proven himself a man of rash foolishness."
(6:52:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Its not a matter of force, crews work better when they want to do it. That's why the profit. Just, its important."
(6:52:38 PM) Gerhal: "Well, let's see how many of them can be bothered out of this bunks this morning and see."
(6:52:44 PM) ***Miriam attempts a Sense Motive check to see if a threat of force would help grease the situation.
(6:52:47 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+8
(6:52:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 27:19+8
(6:52:58 PM) Miriam: The Emprah approves of Miriam's idea.
(6:53:16 PM) Kormak: (So does Khorne)
(6:53:26 PM) Gerhal: Threat of force could work in some situations, but in this case the dock master is the wrong target. You need the captains.
(6:53:36 PM) Snoozy: (Khorne believes there need to be more axes in this party)
(6:53:40 PM) ***Miriam lets Cassy's smooth-side diplo ride, then.
(6:53:51 PM) Gerhal: FF>> 15 minutes. 1:15 pm. A servant appears.
(6:53:56 PM) Miriam: (Y'all keep fighting guys with giant axes, but you never take the axes.)
(6:54:17 PM) Kormak: (Khorne also likes puppies)
(6:54:19 PM) Gerhal: "Master Drake, I have news."
(6:54:37 PM) Snoozy: (I think you're thinking of Kharn and kitties)
(6:55:02 PM) Gerhal: The servant bows. "Captain Morgan, Captain Dunnen, and Captain Putain are willing to parlay."
(6:55:17 PM) Kormak: (Nope. I've told you of my Kuddly Khorne army, I know I have.)
(6:55:24 PM) Miriam: "Three out of how many?"
(6:55:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Three of seven."
(6:55:35 PM) Gerhal: "They should be here shortly. They were not interested until they were told of the horn."
(6:55:37 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Seven, presumably."
(6:55:46 PM) Gerhal: The servant looks nervously out to port.
(6:55:49 PM) Gerhal: (sense motives)
(6:55:56 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+4
(6:55:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 9:5+4
(6:55:58 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+1
(6:55:58 PM) Gerhal: (and perception)
(6:55:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 3:2+1
(6:56:01 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+1
(6:56:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 3:2+1
(6:56:02 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+8
(6:56:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(6:56:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 27:15+12
(6:56:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 25:17+8
(6:56:07 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+14
(6:56:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 33:19+14
(6:56:09 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *is the most awesome guy ever*
(6:56:11 PM) Captain_Tylor: 27 on the perception
(6:56:12 PM) Kormak: (That's my sense)
(6:56:15 PM) Gerhal: The servant leans in to whisper into Drake's ear.
(6:56:22 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+13 (Perc)
(6:56:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (Perc): 16:3+13
(6:56:31 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14 (perc)
(6:56:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (perc): 17:3+14
(6:56:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+4 (sense motive)
(6:56:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (sense motive): 17:13+4
(6:56:52 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(6:56:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 26:17+9
(6:57:00 PM) Hisham: (perception)
(6:57:09 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13 (GUPC, if that's also going on.)
(6:57:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (GUPC, if that's also going on.): 31:18+13
(6:57:45 PM) Gerhal: > 15 for sense motive: there is definately something scary the servant knows that he isn't sharing.
(6:58:11 PM) Gerhal: >20 for perception: there is something funny going on with one of the ships in harbor.
(6:58:25 PM) Miriam: "Cassy, you wanna /parlay/ with these three while a few of us go encourage the others?"
(6:58:30 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "What's going on over there?" *Points at the ship
(6:58:40 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Oh, sure, I can talk to them if they're willing to come."
(6:59:07 PM) Miriam: GM, do you want us to split-screen, or stick together and handle one problem at a time?
(6:59:22 PM) Gerhal: The servant lies, "Oh, I don't know."
(6:59:56 PM) Gerhal: Either is fine, just keep it all in this window.
(7:00:06 PM) Serribon: "The ship was empty, wasn't it."
(7:00:27 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "huh?"
(7:00:43 PM) Gerhal: He answers, "No, of course not."
(7:01:14 PM) Miriam: "Look, let's leave Cassy here with some backup, and the rest of us go talk to the other Captains." nudge nudge wink wink
(7:01:19 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+5 (bluff)
(7:01:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (bluff): 14:9+5
(7:01:27 PM) Miriam: nudge nudge wink wink
(7:01:37 PM) Kormak: (Say no more, say no more)
(7:01:39 PM) Gerhal: The dock master, Drake, grabs an apple and lobs it at the servant's head. "Get out!"
(7:01:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "What's going on?" *Peers at the apple, trying to ignore her friends
(7:02:33 PM) Gerhal: "A matter of dock security. I'll attend to it after parlay."
(7:02:55 PM) Gerhal: The team will head out to ... where?
(7:02:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "All right. Bring the three."
(7:02:58 PM) Gerhal: The odd ship?
(7:02:58 PM) Miriam: Anyone willing to accompany Miriam to investigate the suspicious ship and roust the other captains?
(7:03:11 PM) ***Serribon will.
(7:03:15 PM) ***Hisham will join as well.
(7:03:23 PM) Miriam: Cassandra should keep at least one heavy-hitter as backup.
(7:03:29 PM) Kormak: I'll stay with Ibram.
(7:03:34 PM) Miriam: And to intimidate the three captains who come.
(7:03:43 PM) Miriam: So Cassy, Ibram, and Kormak stay?
(7:04:14 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *sounds good*
(7:04:15 PM) Miriam: Sold. Come on, boys.
(7:04:28 PM) ***Miriam heads out with Serribon and Hisham to first investigate the suspicious ship.
(7:04:36 PM) Kormak: (We split the monks up. Doubling up on monks in one place is just a waste of resources)
(7:04:52 PM) Gerhal: Okay. 15 minutes for you guys to arrive at the odd ship and for the 3 captains to arrive. 1:30
(7:05:18 PM) Miriam: Miriam and Hisham will jump from random piling to random piling to cross the water. Is this AC 1, where if we fall in the water, we die, or AC 2, where we can use the water as a hiding place?
(7:05:18 PM) Gerhal: Ben, you have seen Pirates of the Caribean 3 right?
(7:05:21 PM) Hisham: "What's their angle, you think?"
(7:05:27 PM) Gerhal: Do you remember the council of pirates?
(7:05:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: uh
(7:05:36 PM) Gerhal: They look like those guys.
(7:05:38 PM) Captain_Tylor: sort of
(7:05:47 PM) Snoozy: (I avoided those movies after the 1st)
(7:05:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: I saw it, but it was so bad, I've been trying to purge it from my mind
(7:06:05 PM) Gerhal: Whatever, they are pirate captains.
(7:06:10 PM) Gerhal: They've got beards and bling.
(7:06:12 PM) ***Hisham would like to cling to the side of the ship and grab unsuspecting guards by their collar once they walk too close to the edge.
(7:06:14 PM) Gerhal: And bad teeth.
(7:06:26 PM) ***Hisham reconsiders though.
(7:06:31 PM) Kormak: (Are you Nathan Drake now?)
(7:06:40 PM) Miriam: http://images.wikia.com/pirates/images/3/3e/Pirate_Lord_collage.png
(7:07:07 PM) Gerhal: That will do.
(7:07:16 PM) Hisham: (hisham is pretty much any video game protaganist in any ubisoft game made in the last 5 years.)
(7:07:18 PM) Miriam: One of them looks suspiciously like an aging rocker.
(7:07:42 PM) Gerhal: (Ben is having comp wishes, alt-tabbign to ship team)
(7:07:45 PM) Kormak: (good man)
(7:07:54 PM) ***Miriam , Hisham, and Serribon survey the ship. What's it appear to doing?
(7:07:58 PM) Captain_Tylor: (I hate microsoft products)
(7:08:00 PM) Gerhal: MHS: roll perception
(7:08:11 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:08:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 30:16+14
(7:08:15 PM) Hisham: (lol at the image link. "One of these is NOT LIKE THE OTHERS")
(7:08:48 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13 (GUPC)
(7:08:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (GUPC): 28:15+13
(7:09:06 PM) Gerhal: Serribon and Miriam, you can see that some of the crew are spooked. They are carrying weapons at the ready.
(7:09:49 PM) Miriam: Is the ship in the middle of any evolutions? Is it preparing to launch, or just under guard?
(7:09:58 PM) Gerhal: Captain Morgan asks, "So, Madam who speaks on behalf of Unitos, you have a contract to offer?"
(7:10:09 PM) Gerhal: The ship is under guard. All cargo movement has stopped.
(7:10:41 PM) ***Hisham looks around and is curious about what the ship crew is being paranoid about.
(7:10:43 PM) ***Serribon looks to his companions, "Have you spoken to anyone else in town about the invasion?"
(7:10:45 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, you could have sworn you heard something in the neighboring ship.
(7:11:00 PM) ***Miriam turns to her comrades: "No. But something's got 'em spooked."
(7:11:03 PM) ***Serribon takes a closer look at the other ship.
(7:11:08 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:11:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 24:10+14
(7:11:22 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Cassandra please. Yes, passengers, to leave the island before sunset."
(7:11:25 PM) Miriam: DM, are we certain this ship belongs to one of the captains not already attending the parlay?
(7:11:38 PM) Serribon: (were we told which ships the captains who showed up are from?)
(7:11:54 PM) Gerhal: Serribon just barely catches it. A hatch opens in the back of the other ship, and a body is tossed out into the water. It disappears with a splash.
(7:12:27 PM) Gerhal: (This is a non-attending ship)
(7:12:28 PM) Serribon: "They're off-loading corpses over there." He nudges his head in the direction of the other ship.
(7:12:43 PM) Gerhal: Morgan asks, "How many passengers?"
(7:12:51 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Three houses."
(7:12:52 PM) Miriam: "Off-loading /what?/ God-damn-it, what is going on?"
(7:13:25 PM) Gerhal: "Three Houses?"
(7:13:37 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Yes. Three noble houses of this island."
(7:13:49 PM) Miriam: "Come on, before things get any weirder, let's talk to someone and find out what's going on. Maybe that ship spooked this ship."
(7:14:06 PM) Gerhal: He looks at the other captains. "That's quite the request. How much?"
(7:14:11 PM) ***Hisham starts to back up. "Maybe they replaced the original crews with people who don't belong..."
(7:14:12 PM) Gerhal: He speaks of coin.
(7:14:31 PM) ***Miriam approaches one of the guards at the bottom of the brow (aka "gangway" in lubber speak) and tries to find out why they're under heightened security.
(7:14:37 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15 (GUDC gather info)
(7:14:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (GUDC gather info): 16:1+15
(7:14:49 PM) Miriam: (I knew I would run out of rolls eventually. Still, it's a 16.)
(7:14:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Well." *She plays with the horn a bit, "It would be something that would endear you greatly to the houses and there IS a sizable amount of coin offered..."
(7:15:15 PM) Gerhal: The guard answers Miriam, "There's been foul play! A murder. No one boards or leaves."
(7:15:26 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+17 bluff to get them to make the first offer
(7:15:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor, bluff to get them to make the first offer: 20:3+17
(7:15:45 PM) Miriam: "I see. And the captain? Is he safe for now? Is this why he would not answer the call to parlay?"
(7:16:53 PM) Gerhal: The guard's lip quivers. "The captain is dealing with the matter."
(7:17:33 PM) Gerhal: Morgan says, "Well, how far do they want us to take them?"
(7:17:43 PM) ***Miriam looks to her comrades for some input.
(7:18:09 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "The mainland."
(7:18:10 PM) ***Hisham tries his hand at info gathering (knowledge local)
(7:18:13 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+11
(7:18:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 13:2+11
(7:18:20 PM) ***Hisham doesn't fare much better.
(7:18:23 PM) Gerhal: There is some more back and forth between Cassandra and the captains. CIK team, roll perception.
(7:18:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(7:18:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 17:5+12
(7:18:35 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+13 (perc)
(7:18:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak, (perc): 16:3+13
(7:19:04 PM) Serribon: "Do you know what's going on with that other ship over there?"
(7:19:19 PM) Gerhal: MHS, current target?
(7:19:38 PM) Gerhal: The guard says, "Hmm? Hell if I know."
(7:19:48 PM) Gerhal: "Why do you ask?"
(7:19:56 PM) ***Miriam adds a coda on Serribon's question to the guard at the high-security-ship's entrance: "Look, we have business with this ship, which means we need to sort out this murder business right now. Help us out, here."
(7:20:12 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15 (GUDC)
(7:20:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (GUDC): 16:1+15
(7:20:21 PM) Miriam: (The dice want us to do this the hard way.)
(7:20:52 PM) Gerhal: A deck hand bursts out of the hold on deck B, and cries out, "Murder! To arms! Murder!"
(7:21:12 PM) Miriam: On the other ship, you mean, DM?
(7:21:22 PM) Gerhal: (Yes, you are Ship A.)
(7:21:24 PM) Miriam: Ok.
(7:21:26 PM) Gerhal: (Other ship is ship B)
(7:21:47 PM) Miriam: "Serribon, come here for a moment, please."
(7:22:05 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+1
(7:22:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 5:4+1
(7:22:09 PM) Gerhal: Moments later, something grabs him by his neck and belt. He flies like a man on invisible wires flailing and screaming all the while until he drops overboard.
(7:22:12 PM) ***Serribon was looking where the call came from, "Yes?"
(7:22:12 PM) Snoozy: (Oh ibram you fail at rolls)
(7:22:14 PM) Kormak: (Bloody murder)
(7:22:32 PM) Serribon: "Well, now that's interesting."
(7:22:43 PM) Gerhal: Team CIK, you hear a crash and a yell from below your balcony.
(7:22:50 PM) Gerhal: There is cursing.
(7:23:00 PM) Miriam: "Shit. What's going on? We have to secure these ships!"
(7:23:18 PM) Serribon: (is there anyone on-deck on the other ship?)
(7:23:21 PM) Kormak: I look over the edge, what do I see?
(7:23:29 PM) Gerhal: People are going nuts on ship B, and the guys on ship A are going to catch the panic soonish.
(7:23:34 PM) Gerhal: (Yes, Serribon)
(7:23:52 PM) Serribon: (is the gangway down? Or other ways to get onboard?)
(7:24:08 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "What's that? You want me to check it out?"
(7:24:22 PM) Gerhal: Kormak, you see a servant scrambling over broken dishes and glasses. He curses about something hitting him. Another slave says "Hogwash, you just tripped you clumsy oaf. Nobody hit you."
(7:24:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "No, Kormak, you handle it."
(7:24:38 PM) Gerhal: There are gangways to ship A and B.
(7:24:47 PM) Kormak: "Right."
(7:25:03 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *nods and will wait with cassie*
(7:25:08 PM) Kormak: I'm going to go over to the servant and ask him a couple of questions.
(7:25:12 PM) Serribon: "Best way to investigate is to get involved. Coming?" He heads for Ship B.
(7:25:41 PM) ***Miriam nods to Serribon. "Let's go. YOU! Keep this ship and its captain safe! Or at least afloat!"
(7:25:48 PM) ***Miriam follows Serribon to Ship B.
(7:26:21 PM) Gerhal: The servant doesn't have much to say other than he swears something massive and pillowy pushed him over.
(7:26:28 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *waits for captain Morgan to offer an umber a minute longer to see if he will
(7:26:52 PM) Gerhal: Roll perception again, Cass and Ibram.
(7:26:57 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+12
(7:26:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 31:19+12
(7:27:03 PM) Captain_Tylor: 31 perception
(7:27:17 PM) Kormak: "Massive and pillowy? What color?"
(7:27:30 PM) Gerhal: "Nothing, man. Didn't see nothing."
(7:27:42 PM) Gerhal: "It was like the wind blew me over."
(7:28:07 PM) Kormak: "Where?"
(7:29:01 PM) Gerhal: Cassandra, you feel something wrong. It's like the comfortable tropical air of this place is gone. It's been replaced by something menacing. It's like you're being watched. Right as Captain Morgan is about to make his offer, you see it. It's like a ripple of movement coming from behind the dock master.
(7:29:21 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+1
(7:29:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 19:18+1
(7:29:24 PM) Gerhal: Roll initiative, you may act on the surprise round.
(7:29:29 PM) Gerhal: (team CIK)
(7:29:36 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+2
(7:29:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 5:3+2
(7:29:54 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+4
(7:29:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 8:4+4
(7:30:06 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+2
(7:30:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 6:4+2
(7:30:19 PM) Kormak: (*paints Ibram red*)
(7:30:24 PM) Gerhal: MHS, the guys on deck have all drawn weapons, and another deckhand just drops dead like a sack of potatoes. His face is gone.
(7:30:38 PM) Gerhal: Deckhands scream, "It's a ghost! A demon!"
(7:30:47 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Ok, at this point, that die would be in the trash, I call new die!)
(7:31:06 PM) Gerhal: (roll init, MHS)
(7:31:11 PM) ***Miriam starts zapping herself with wands.
(7:31:19 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+10 (init)
(7:31:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham, (init): 30:20+10
(7:31:27 PM) ***Hisham is probably going first.
(7:31:29 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(7:31:29 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3 (INIT)
(7:31:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:19+7
(7:31:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (INIT): 13:10+3
(7:32:20 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:32:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 12:4+8
(7:32:22 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:32:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 21:13+8
(7:32:47 PM) Gerhal: Alright.
(7:33:12 PM) Gerhal: Hisham, as you are on the gangplank you cannot see whatever killed the poor dude and ripped his face off.
(7:33:23 PM) Gerhal: But you have an idea what square it is in. In theory.
(7:33:47 PM) ***Hisham closes to within 30' and aims blindly, chucking a throwing dart at the space.
(7:33:54 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9 (to hit)
(7:33:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham, (to hit): 16:7+9
(7:34:07 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2 (hit on 2)
(7:34:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal, (hit on 2): 2
(7:34:18 PM) Gerhal: Miss, dart flies through air.
(7:34:26 PM) Gerhal: (have to do miss chance)
(7:34:27 PM) Hisham: (can't sneak damage because i can't see it, right?)
(7:34:30 PM) Hisham: (k.
(7:34:31 PM) Gerhal: (right)
(7:34:44 PM) Gerhal: Serribon!
(7:35:32 PM) ***Serribon heads up the gangplank, if possible.
(7:35:38 PM) Gerhal: (you can)
(7:35:56 PM) Serribon: (do I have any idea where the thing is? I do have the blind-fighting feat, if it helps)
(7:36:10 PM) Miriam: You also have a good perception check.
(7:36:17 PM) Serribon: (indeed)
(7:36:19 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:36:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:3+14
(7:36:23 PM) Serribon: (usually, anyway)
(7:37:01 PM) Gerhal: Swoosh! Is this assailant even real?
(7:37:26 PM) Gerhal: You can feel it Serribon. Something. The hair on your neck stands on end.
(7:37:49 PM) Serribon: (how far did I need to move to get onboard?)
(7:37:52 PM) Gerhal: (wait)
(7:37:57 PM) Gerhal: (was that perc or attack?)
(7:38:01 PM) Serribon: (perc)
(7:38:12 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:38:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 15:3+12
(7:38:18 PM) ***Hisham takes a quick scope around the deck for barrels of pitch or any other viscuous fluid.
(7:38:20 PM) Serribon: (trying to determine where I was going to go)
(7:38:39 PM) Gerhal: You see something moving a stray piece of rope on the deck. Something with a foot?
(7:38:49 PM) Serribon: (can I reach it and attack?)
(7:39:02 PM) Gerhal: (You can get to it with a double move)
(7:39:21 PM) Miriam: That's within charge range, if you can charge.
(7:39:26 PM) Serribon: (do I have 10' straight to charge?)
(7:39:40 PM) Gerhal: (Too much stuff on deck for charging, plus he has to get up a gangplank)
(7:40:15 PM) ***Serribon will just get up there, then, drawing his halberd along the way.
(7:40:32 PM) ***Miriam follows Serribon, trying to figure out what he sees.
(7:40:41 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13 GUPC for the invismonster
(7:40:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, GUPC for the invismonster: 33:20+13
(7:40:42 PM) Gerhal: Deckhands are taking the defensive before...
(7:40:52 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(7:40:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 24:10+14
(7:41:07 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 2d6+4
(7:41:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 9:5+4
(7:41:21 PM) Hisham: "Can't see what's running around killing people! Can we coat it with something?"
(7:41:22 PM) Gerhal: A sailor has a gash torn in his chest, but he doesn't drop yet.
(7:41:31 PM) Gerhal: He cries out, "It's on me!"
(7:41:40 PM) Miriam: "Try it, Hisham!"
(7:41:40 PM) Gerhal: He flails at nothing with his club.
(7:41:57 PM) Gerhal: Miriam's turn. She follows Serribon, and ?
(7:42:01 PM) Serribon: "Perhaps, if it is merely invsible.)
(7:42:02 PM) ***Miriam moves in the direction of the victim, probably a double-move. Turn done.
(7:42:20 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:42:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 25:13+12
(7:42:22 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:42:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 24:12+12
(7:42:30 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 4d6+8
(7:42:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 19:11+8
(7:43:05 PM) Gerhal: Dock Master Drake's head is SMASHED into his deck twice with a sledge hammer into an oak tree.
(7:43:14 PM) Gerhal: He leaves a piece of his face there.
(7:43:32 PM) Gerhal: The captains exclaim, "Foul play!"
(7:43:37 PM) Gerhal: Cass's turn.
(7:43:55 PM) Gerhal: (with, like not with)
(7:44:07 PM) Gerhal: (dammit)
(7:44:17 PM) Gerhal: (deck twice like a sledgehammer)
(7:44:24 PM) Captain_Tylor: Is something HOLDING the hammer?
(7:44:24 PM) Miriam: Dock Master Drake's head is SMASHED into his desk twice like a sledge hammer into an oak tree.
(7:44:48 PM) Gerhal: (There is no hammer. Some invisible force just pile drived his face)
(7:45:14 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Foul play indeed."
(7:45:15 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "What the hell?" *She draws her flute and looks around
(7:45:22 PM) Captain_Tylor: (I am so lost its not funny)
(7:45:34 PM) Gerhal: Kormak!
(7:45:49 PM) Gerhal: There is violence on the balcony above you.
(7:46:22 PM) Kormak: How high is the balcony?
(7:46:31 PM) Gerhal: 12 '
(7:46:36 PM) Gerhal: 12 feet
(7:46:41 PM) Kormak: I can probably make that jump.
(7:47:00 PM) Kormak: I'm going to take the direct way up. LEEEEEAP!
(7:47:07 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+27
(7:47:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 29:2+27
(7:47:22 PM) Gerhal: (for serious, 29 on a 2?)
(7:47:35 PM) Kormak: (Monk)
(7:47:48 PM) Kormak: (We have really sick jump checks)
(7:47:49 PM) Gerhal: Kormak leaps and grabs the balcony before pulling himself up like a gymnast.
(7:47:50 PM) Serribon: (jeepers)
(7:47:57 PM) Gerhal: Ibram!
(7:48:11 PM) Hisham: (wow, haha. i don't have a single skill that's even half that.)
(7:48:12 PM) Gerhal: You have an idea where the attack shoulder be standing after slamming Drake.
(7:48:42 PM) Gerhal: DAMN YOU MOONLISH
(7:48:46 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *will move towards it, and sweep his flaming longsword out on an attack*
(7:48:47 PM) Gerhal: Stop ruining my drama.
(7:48:53 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+13
(7:48:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 33:20+13
(7:48:57 PM) Snoozy: well damn
(7:48:59 PM) Serribon: (heh. Are you using predictive typing?)
(7:49:01 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+13
(7:49:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 14:1+13
(7:49:02 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(7:49:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 1
(7:49:32 PM) Gerhal: Hmm, it was still a nat 20.
(7:49:37 PM) Gerhal: Screw miss chance.
(7:49:42 PM) Gerhal: Take a normal hit
(7:50:09 PM) Gerhal: roll dmg
(7:50:27 PM) Miriam: Recap:
(7:50:27 PM) Miriam: Team SHM: invisible monsters, maybe one, maybe two, are attacking sailors on ship B, and ship A is under heightened security.
(7:50:27 PM) Miriam: Team CIK: Drake hosted the parlay on his balcony parlor, where he has his desk. Commotion on the floor below drew Kormak down to the first floor to investigate. Meanwhile, while Cassy and Drake are talking to the captains on the balcony, something kills Drake violently.
(7:50:27 PM) Miriam: Team CIK: As of this moment, Kormak and Ibram are returning to the parlay parlor to assist vs the invisible attacker. Ibram has managed to hit the thing, and we are awaiting his damage roll.
(7:50:43 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d8+8
(7:50:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 16:8+8
(7:50:46 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d6
(7:50:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 3
(7:50:54 PM) Snoozy: 19 points including flame damge.
(7:51:57 PM) Gerhal: You feel your blade cutting something Ibram. Something with no blood, no flesh, and no bone. It's like cutting through a storm cloud.
(7:52:37 PM) Hisham: (if this was nethack, we'd eat their corpses after we're done killing them and we'd be able to turn invisible too.)
(7:52:42 PM) Gerhal: The captains spring to action and draw their weapons before taking defensive posture.
(7:52:49 PM) Gerhal: Hisham!
(7:52:59 PM) Gerhal: Oh, Cassandra.
(7:53:04 PM) Gerhal: Roll bardic lore.
(7:53:10 PM) Gerhal: Or knowledge planes.
(7:53:31 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+7
(7:53:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 15:8+7
(7:53:40 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "No blood. That's worrisome."
(7:53:53 PM) ***Hisham makes his way up to where Serribon and Miriam as trying to engage the attacker, and starts knocking over barrels of pitch (presumably kept on the deck since it's a ship and all) to coat as much surface area as possible.
(7:54:16 PM) Gerhal: Cassandra, you have a hutch it is some kind of air elemental creature.
(7:54:19 PM) Gerhal: hunch
(7:54:53 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "An Air elemental? Give me a break!"
(7:55:07 PM) Gerhal: Pitch isn't coming they keep on deck in mass, but they do keep a lot of sand and other things to create instant grip or soak up dangerous stuff.
(7:55:33 PM) ***Hisham will attempt to grab handfuls to fling at the general space then.
(7:55:41 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+8
(7:55:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 24:16+8
(7:55:55 PM) Gerhal: But it's going to take a lot of effort to sand the deck. Perhaps if you got other people to help...
(7:56:16 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "How do we kill it?"
(7:56:18 PM) Gerhal: You fling the sand, and you can see it scatter one something that isn't humanoid. But... what is it?
(7:56:20 PM) Serribon: (I think he's trying to get sand to stick on the invisimob so it's not invisible)
(7:56:45 PM) Gerhal: The sand doesn't stick though. It's like it doesn't have a flesh body for sand to catch on.
(7:56:48 PM) Serribon: (is the something within strike range?)
(7:56:54 PM) Gerhal: But something... thicker than normal air.
(7:57:14 PM) Gerhal: You are within a single move attack, Serribon
(7:57:33 PM) ***Serribon steps up and attacks.
(7:57:45 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:57:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 13:1+12
(7:57:53 PM) Serribon: (dammit)
(7:57:57 PM) ***Hisham watches as the sand brief attaches before getting shrugged off with the attacker's natural movement. "Well... I think we're officially boned."
(7:58:10 PM) Gerhal: The creature attacks the deck hand...
(7:58:14 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:58:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 25:13+12
(7:58:19 PM) Gerhal: And he perishes.
(7:58:22 PM) ***Hisham motions to the terrified deckhands. "Help me knock over these barrels! We'll track it the hard way."
(7:58:24 PM) Serribon: "Dye bomb on my belt. Much finer than sand."
(7:58:26 PM) Snoozy: (Wilhelm scream)
(7:58:28 PM) Gerhal: It turns its violence towards Serribon.
(7:58:32 PM) Miriam: "It's working, Hisham! More sand!"
(7:58:34 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(7:58:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 14:2+12
(7:58:39 PM) Serribon: (miss)
(7:58:57 PM) Gerhal: You feel something scrap violently against your scale armor Serribon. It's real.
(7:59:01 PM) Gerhal: Miriam.
(7:59:10 PM) Gerhal: (Weird how init rolls split the two groups)
(7:59:13 PM) ***Miriam attempts to grab it, if it's grabbable.
(7:59:16 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+10
(7:59:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 25:15+10
(7:59:24 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(7:59:24 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 2
(7:59:59 PM) Gerhal: Hmm, needed 25. Miriam, you are grappling... something. You have no idea what but you're riding it.
(8:00:18 PM) Gerhal: (haha, funny image)
(8:00:24 PM) Kormak: (Miriam is now a polar bear riding a smoke monster...and the final boss)
(8:00:53 PM) Gerhal: The creature on the balcony attacks Ibram!
(8:00:58 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(8:00:58 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 26:14+12
(8:00:59 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+12
(8:01:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 26:14+12
(8:01:13 PM) Snoozy: (Aw fuck)
(8:01:17 PM) ***Miriam hangs on for dear life and hollers for help. I think you can pinpoint it now, Serri.
(8:01:27 PM) Gerhal: (AC, ibby?)
(8:01:33 PM) Snoozy: (25)
(8:01:42 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 4d6+8
(8:01:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 19:11+8
(8:02:07 PM) Gerhal: SLAM SLAM. It smashes into Ibram's armor like a thunderstorm.
(8:02:08 PM) Serribon: (better say maybe)
(8:02:09 PM) Gerhal: Cassandra!
(8:02:45 PM) Gerhal: (Cass's victim has only 20% miss chance now)
(8:03:05 PM) Gerhal: (err, sorry)
(8:03:07 PM) Gerhal: (Miriam's)
(8:03:27 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Bard songs, +2 to hit and damage for allies
(8:03:51 PM) Gerhal: For CIK's benefit, there are a lot of props and wine and food and other things around.
(8:04:03 PM) Gerhal: Umbrellas
(8:04:06 PM) Gerhal: A canopy.
(8:04:23 PM) Gerhal: Stuff like that.
(8:04:29 PM) Gerhal: Hammocks
(8:04:47 PM) Gerhal: Kormak?
(8:04:57 PM) Kormak: All right, it just hit Ibby?
(8:05:02 PM) Gerhal: Yes.
(8:05:14 PM) Kormak: I'm going to move up to where I imagine it is, and punch at it.
(8:05:31 PM) Gerhal: K.
(8:05:33 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+11
(8:05:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 24:13+11
(8:05:38 PM) Gerhal: You can flank with ibram
(8:05:46 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(8:05:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 1
(8:06:01 PM) Gerhal: Miss!
(8:06:33 PM) Gerhal: Wait, what's this! Drake rises from his desk and grapples! "Not dead yet fucker!"
(8:06:43 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20
(8:06:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 4
(8:06:49 PM) Gerhal: And falls on his face.
(8:06:56 PM) Gerhal: Ibram!
(8:07:00 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Stay down."
(8:07:17 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *strikes twice, trying to end this fight swiftly*
(8:07:21 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:07:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 35:20+15
(8:07:24 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:07:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 31:16+15
(8:07:29 PM) Snoozy: jesus mcfuck ibram
(8:07:30 PM) Gerhal: Sweet!
(8:07:39 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:07:39 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 29:19+10
(8:07:42 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:07:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 26:16+10
(8:07:45 PM) Snoozy: super crit
(8:07:51 PM) Snoozy: possibly twice.
(8:07:56 PM) Miriam: 26 hits?
(8:07:59 PM) Gerhal: I won't rob you of a crit with a miss chance. Not on the first one. I will roll miss on the 2nd.
(8:08:05 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(8:08:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 2
(8:08:08 PM) Gerhal: both hit!
(8:08:12 PM) Gerhal: Both crit.
(8:08:17 PM) Miriam: Roll it all at once.
(8:08:19 PM) Snoozy: okay, gotta go check if the flametongue does anything fancy on acrit
(8:08:19 PM) Gerhal: With a flaming burst weapon.
(8:08:25 PM) Miriam: Flaming burst.
(8:08:28 PM) Gerhal: extra 1d10
(8:08:33 PM) Snoozy: (I haven't ever used flaming burst)
(8:08:36 PM) Gerhal: 1d8+1d6+1d10
(8:08:45 PM) Hisham: (FWOOSH)
(8:08:53 PM) Hisham: (YOU SHALL NOT PASS)
(8:08:54 PM) Gerhal: wait, 2d8
(8:08:55 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 4d8+40
(8:08:55 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 57:17+40
(8:09:11 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 2d6
(8:09:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 3
(8:09:16 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 2d10
(8:09:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 13
(8:09:22 PM) Snoozy: so that's...
(8:09:30 PM) Snoozy: 73 damage.
(8:09:35 PM) Miriam: Why 4d8?
(8:09:41 PM) Snoozy: (two crits.)
(8:09:55 PM) Miriam: Oh yeah.
(8:09:57 PM) Gerhal: Well. Damn.
(8:09:58 PM) Miriam: Good grief.
(8:10:05 PM) Gerhal: Ibram, you killed it.
(8:10:16 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *pulls his sword out, blinks as it explodes in fire*
(8:10:21 PM) Gerhal: Please emote your kill. You've slain an Invisible Stalker.
(8:10:48 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Right, gotta remember that stop." *he grunts as the thing dissipates into cinders, blown every which way by the force of the sudden dissolution of the animating life*
(8:10:55 PM) Snoozy: (Gotta remember that spot)
(8:10:59 PM) Hisham: (you know, usually crits favor the monsters more than the players as the game approaches mid/late levels.)
(8:11:10 PM) Hisham: (but for some reason our party has a habit of one-shotting boss monsters.)
(8:11:19 PM) Gerhal: (True story, Weeble)
(8:11:36 PM) Gerhal: Umm, yeah. Hisham's turn.
(8:12:48 PM) ***Hisham moves next to Serribon to reach for the flask of dye on his belt, then chucks it at Miriam's occupied space where she's grappling the invisible attacker.
(8:12:53 PM) Kormak: "Good job, Ibram."
(8:12:56 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+8
(8:12:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 19:11+8
(8:13:07 PM) Hisham: (aiming for the square, not the stalker.)
(8:13:12 PM) Hisham: (if that makes a difference.)
(8:13:28 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *rubs his neck* "So... uh, we got a deal?"
(8:13:30 PM) Miriam: Makes a huge difference, if the thing splashes properly.
(8:13:36 PM) Gerhal: (Hisham, your target is already tracked by Miriam grappling it. You have a 20% chance to miss while attacking now)
(8:13:57 PM) Hisham: (just want to make sure it sticks if she get separated or whatnot.)
(8:14:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Nice shot." *Ceases her song
(8:14:23 PM) Gerhal: (Okay.)
(8:14:33 PM) Gerhal: (Sand will stick for 1 turn each time you land it.)
(8:14:45 PM) Hisham: (but the dye?)
(8:14:56 PM) Gerhal: (Dye will stick longer)
(8:15:08 PM) Gerhal: (Sorry, I didn't read correctly)
(8:15:19 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d5 (miss on 1)
(8:15:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal, (miss on 1): 1
(8:15:27 PM) Miriam: Really, Hisham?
(8:15:27 PM) Hisham: (ffs.)
(8:15:32 PM) Gerhal: Son of a. Dye goes splat on the deck.
(8:16:02 PM) ***Serribon attacks whatever it is Miri's got ahold of. (of course it does - we're the party with Miriam in it. The other one has Cassie.)
(8:16:09 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(8:16:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:13+12
(8:16:13 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:16:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 8:1+7
(8:16:22 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d5 (miss on 1)
(8:16:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal, (miss on 1): 3
(8:16:25 PM) Gerhal: 1 hit.
(8:16:44 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+7
(8:16:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:10+7
(8:17:37 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+11
(8:17:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 12:1+11
(8:17:46 PM) Gerhal: mwahahaha, it fails to escape the grapple.
(8:17:51 PM) Gerhal: Miriam, roll to maintain.
(8:18:19 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:18:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 19:4+15
(8:18:29 PM) Miriam: Damn. What's needed? AP range?
(8:18:35 PM) Gerhal: 25 is CMD
(8:18:46 PM) Miriam: Ah, not worth it.
(8:19:26 PM) Gerhal: Noneless the creature proves impossible to pin. It doesn't have an arm were you expected to find one.
(8:19:40 PM) Miriam: If I can't maintain, the grapple comes apart.
(8:20:00 PM) Gerhal: CIK, the pirate captains says, "What was that thing? What's going on?"
(8:20:17 PM) Gerhal: Drake groans and grabs his face. "I need alcohol!"
(8:20:22 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "I can help!"
(8:20:24 PM) Gerhal: Hisham!
(8:20:43 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *kneels and offers Drake some of his special brew. Remember that poison unending flask that Ben gave out? Yeah that one*
(8:20:59 PM) Snoozy: (It's not actualyl deadly poison, it's dex and int damage dc 14 fort)
(8:21:00 PM) Gerhal: (hahah)
(8:21:06 PM) Hisham: (can I assist miriam on the grapple?)
(8:21:20 PM) Hisham: (or is it broken already?)
(8:21:20 PM) Gerhal: You can roll to assist her on her next attempt)
(8:21:26 PM) Gerhal: (It is already broken)
(8:21:40 PM) Hisham: (what's miri's CMB bonus?)
(8:21:47 PM) Hisham: (oh. 15.)
(8:21:53 PM) Miriam: (+10, actually)
(8:22:05 PM) Miriam: If I can regrapple next round, and you delay to assist me at that time, I'll roll a +12.
(8:22:13 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Um, I don't think he wants some of that." *She sighs and looks at the pirate kings, "This is why... We need ships. Something big is happening."
(8:22:34 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Better to know the storm is coming and profit by getting out of its way, instead of getting barreled over by it."
(8:22:42 PM) ***Hisham realises that the stalker is free and could relocate, so he'll toss another couple handfuls of sand to try to retrack it.
(8:22:45 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+8
(8:22:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 11:3+8
(8:22:48 PM) Gerhal: Captain Morgan says to Cassandra, "Tell Unitos he's got a deal, but he'll pay dearly for it. I'll negotiate it with him on the ship when he arrives. It will be pretty that way."
(8:22:49 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+8
(8:22:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 9:1+8
(8:22:58 PM) ***Hisham is apparently rolling like shit.
(8:23:05 PM) Gerhal: The other captains agrees. "Yes, we cannot negotiate like this."
(8:23:29 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "Will you take those who are leaving?"
(8:23:32 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "You'll give him a fair price."
(8:23:38 PM) Gerhal: Serribon!
(8:23:46 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "I am certain a fair price will be given, and this way, you aren't going to the mainland without a return cargo."
(8:23:47 PM) ***Serribon strikes the space where he last "saw" the creature.
(8:23:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(8:23:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:7+12
(8:23:55 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:23:55 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 20:13+7
(8:24:05 PM) Gerhal: "We'll take who we can for the price they offer. The more money they pay, the more cargo we can leave behind for passengers."
(8:24:31 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(8:24:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 1
(8:24:37 PM) Gerhal: Both miss, Serribon.
(8:24:40 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(8:24:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 31:19+12
(8:24:46 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(8:24:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 17:10+7
(8:24:52 PM) Serribon: (I get to re-roll if its due to concealment)
(8:25:10 PM) Gerhal: Oh, you don't need to do that reroll.
(8:25:14 PM) Gerhal: I reroll my thing.
(8:25:19 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(8:25:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 2
(8:25:22 PM) Gerhal: 1 hit.
(8:25:39 PM) Serribon: (Ohh)
(8:25:50 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+7
(8:25:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 8:1+7
(8:26:02 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> "That sounds more than equitable. I'll go back to tell the nobles, you two, see how the others are doing?"
(8:26:24 PM) Serribon: (what's the target AC?)
(8:26:28 PM) Gerhal: 20, Serribon.
(8:26:32 PM) Serribon: (ah)
(8:27:13 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:27:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 21:7+14
(8:27:23 PM) Gerhal: What's your CMD MHS?
(8:27:33 PM) Gerhal: If > 21, you make AoOs.
(8:27:34 PM) Miriam: CMD 26
(8:27:45 PM) Serribon: CMD 24
(8:27:47 PM) Miriam: What's going on?
(8:27:51 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(8:27:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 30:20+10
(8:27:55 PM) Gerhal: It is tumbling away.
(8:28:01 PM) Gerhal: Sweet, Serribon.
(8:28:03 PM) Miriam: Oh, that's vs 10+CMB, actually, so 20
(8:28:06 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Peers at Kormak and Ibram
(8:28:10 PM) Serribon: (er, should be +12 - so 32)
(8:28:19 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+12
(8:28:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:4+12
(8:28:28 PM) Serribon: (ah, well. no confirm)
(8:29:06 PM) Gerhal: roll dmg, punk
(8:29:11 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+7
(8:29:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 9:2+7
(8:29:12 PM) Miriam: Wait, I'm wrong. That's odd.
(8:29:25 PM) Serribon: (didn't know if I was waiting on miss chance or not)
(8:29:27 PM) ***Miriam will take her AoO, then, too.
(8:29:36 PM) Gerhal: There is a miss chance.
(8:29:38 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d2
(8:29:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 2
(8:29:43 PM) Gerhal: hit serr
(8:29:48 PM) Gerhal: You can roll your own miss you know
(8:29:51 PM) Serribon: (then 9 dam)
(8:29:55 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "ALright."
(8:29:57 PM) Serribon: (ok.)
(8:29:58 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+7 (SF)
(8:29:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (SF): 27:20+7
(8:30:05 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *will start jogging towards where the others are*
(8:30:06 PM) Gerhal: ROFL
(8:30:07 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+7 confirm
(8:30:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, confirm: 17:10+7
(8:30:13 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d6
(8:30:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 4
(8:30:16 PM) Kormak: "Right."
(8:30:17 PM) Miriam: Confirmed.
(8:30:22 PM) Gerhal: DC?
(8:30:42 PM) Gerhal: Man, you guys are pumping out nat 20s everywhere.
(8:30:45 PM) Miriam: 16
(8:31:04 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20+13
(8:31:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 22:9+13
(8:31:12 PM) Gerhal: (fort right?)
(8:31:18 PM) Miriam: Yeah.
(8:31:20 PM) Miriam: ,roll 2d6+10
(8:31:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 15:5+10
(8:31:23 PM) Miriam: 15 damage.
(8:31:24 PM) Gerhal: The stalker resists the stun, but takes dmg.
(8:31:37 PM) Gerhal: Hisham, what's your CMD foo?
(8:31:52 PM) Hisham: (CMD = 18)
(8:32:23 PM) Gerhal: MHS, you feel the thing slip away, and suddenly the aura of menace and violence is gone.
(8:33:01 PM) ***Miriam looks around. "... I had it... What was it?"
(8:34:08 PM) Gerhal: End combat time.
(8:34:21 PM) Serribon: "No idea. Tricky bastard, though."
(8:34:45 PM) ***Hisham surveys the damage and the wounded. "Wonder what the objective was though."
(8:35:13 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Will rides back to the noble houses! Wheeeee!
(8:35:27 PM) ***Serribon grabs a surviving sailor, "Did the thing target anyone in particular?"
(8:36:04 PM) Gerhal: The sailor cowers before the Caimen, "The captain. It killed the captain and the first mate."
(8:37:27 PM) Miriam: "You've got to be kidding me..."
(8:37:27 PM) ***Serribon nods and lets him go, "Thought so. We need to speak to whoever's in charge now." He turns to the others, "Well, we know why they didn't respond."
(8:37:42 PM) Miriam: "Yes. So who comes after the first mate? Is there a second mate?"
(8:38:10 PM) Captain_Tylor: (Why didn't the 2nd mate do her duty and blow the thing out the airlock?)
(8:38:26 PM) Gerhal: The sailor says, "uhhh, I ... Jameson? I don't know. We're going to have to hold a vote."
(8:38:37 PM) Gerhal: Roll perception
(8:38:45 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13 (GUPC)
(8:38:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (GUPC): 28:15+13
(8:38:49 PM) Hisham: "Targeting the leadership of the ships then."
(8:38:50 PM) Gerhal: Ibram and Kormak, you guys were going to check on the ship with MHS
(8:38:51 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+9
(8:38:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 23:14+9
(8:39:02 PM) Kormak: ('Fire at Will!' *everyone starts shooting at a crewmember* 'No no no, do not fire at will, he is my second mate. FIRE AT ZE SEADUCK!')
(8:39:39 PM) Serribon: (good lord - a TaleSpin reference)
(8:39:56 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> &yes, we are*
(8:40:12 PM) Gerhal: Miriam, you catch something in your peripheral. There is a man flailing like mad at the air in the distance over ship C. 500' up. Then he drops.
(8:40:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(8:40:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:5+14
(8:40:43 PM) Kormak: (We are, yeah)
(8:41:04 PM) ***Miriam looks up and uses an expression she recently learned while hanging out with monotheists: "Oh my God..."
(8:41:30 PM) ***Serribon looks around, "What?"
(8:41:43 PM) ***Miriam looks away as the man goes splat.
(8:42:20 PM) Hisham: "No way we can send out a warning to the fleet? Get them to arm up and take defensive positions?"
(8:42:42 PM) Gerhal: The crews on ship B and A are in a tizzy. Some social rolls to get them to shape up and hold firm might be in order.
(8:42:44 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *still jogging towards his bros*
(8:42:52 PM) Gerhal: They can pick leaders, and organize defense. But they need rallying.
(8:43:11 PM) Miriam: "This is all the fleet there is. We have to get these ships under control. Let's hope the other three captains get here soon and can help us. Come on."
(8:43:11 PM) Gerhal: Other ships need a warning.
(8:43:27 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15 GUDC to calm people down and get them focused.
(8:43:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, GUDC to calm people down and get them focused.: 24:9+15
(8:43:45 PM) ***Miriam says something reasonable, like, "Everyone calm down! Panic will only make things worse!"
(8:44:15 PM) Gerhal: It takes 15 minutes, but you get the crew of ship B to clam down in about 15 minutes.
(8:44:23 PM) Gerhal: Jameson is now organizing.
(8:44:30 PM) Gerhal: Ship A is still in a tizzy.
(8:44:45 PM) Gerhal: Ship C has a dead body splorched on deck.
(8:44:53 PM) Miriam: Hisham, you've got a decent diplo, right?
(8:44:57 PM) Gerhal: The other four ships may or may not know of the danger.
(8:44:58 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+11 (diplomacy to speed up the calming)
(8:44:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham, (diplomacy to speed up the calming): 15:4+11
(8:45:25 PM) Serribon: "Is that ship another one where the captain didn't show?"
(8:45:26 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *arrives? Yes? no?*
(8:45:44 PM) Miriam: Hisham tries to get ship A under control.
(8:45:55 PM) ***Miriam will go to ship C to see what the situation is.
(8:46:16 PM) Gerhal: Hisham, it's going to take you 30 minutes to get those blokes in order.
(8:46:48 PM) Gerhal: Miriam and Serribon, at ship C...
(8:46:51 PM) Gerhal: ,roll 1d20
(8:46:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Gerhal: 4
(8:46:55 PM) ***Serribon will join Miriam since there's still stuff going on there.
(8:47:06 PM) Gerhal: Nuts. Captain is dead and first mate.
(8:47:11 PM) Gerhal: Similar chaos.
(8:47:23 PM) Miriam: "Serribon, cover me. Don't let anyone do anything stupid."
(8:47:27 PM) ***Miriam wades in with another Diplo.
(8:47:33 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(8:47:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 17:2+15
(8:48:05 PM) ***Miriam says the obvious stuff this time, like, "Everyone calm down! Who's in charge, here?"
(8:48:08 PM) Gerhal: 30 minutes to get them organized. Using time in parallel, you've got A, B, C, calmed by 2:30.
(8:48:20 PM) Gerhal: Ship B has sent runners to ship D, E, F, and G.
(8:48:36 PM) ***Hisham moves on to another ship if time permits.
(8:48:38 PM) Hisham: ,roll 1d20+11
(8:48:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Hisham: 17:6+11
(8:48:48 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *is horribly confused by all this, and looks at Kormak* "What the hell happened?"
(8:48:51 PM) Miriam: "Ibram! Where are the captains?"
(8:48:56 PM) ***Miriam comes running up.
(8:49:14 PM) Kormak: "Not a clue, my friend."
(8:49:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+14
(8:49:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 28:14+14
(8:49:33 PM) Captain_Tylor: ,roll d20+9
(8:49:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Captain_Tylor: 25:16+9
(8:50:42 PM) Miriam: Are the captains with Ibram?
(8:50:54 PM) Miriam: And Kormak?
(8:51:09 PM) Gerhal: They went there own way back to their ships with their entourages.
(8:51:41 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "They went back to their own ships to get them ready."
(8:52:28 PM) Gerhal: It is presently 2:30
(8:52:38 PM) ***Miriam frowns. "We need to get them back here. It's going to take too long to reorganize these ships. We need them to fast-track the process. I have an idea."
(8:53:23 PM) Serribon: "Oh?"
(8:54:04 PM) Miriam: "We give them the other four ships. They can form a company, now, and split ownership of the fleet. Let them appoint captains. There's precedent, right? What do you call it? Owning a portion of a company."
(8:54:18 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Uh. I dunno."
(8:55:01 PM) Miriam: "Anyway, let's just get them here and get things organized, all right? This is not the time for bloody /democracy/."
(8:55:26 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Alright, let's go do that. Which ships should we be going to?"
(8:55:31 PM) Kormak: "Very well, what will you have us do?"
(8:55:31 PM) Serribon: "Weren't there only three of them? That leaves a ship."
(8:55:53 PM) Miriam: "That's what I'm saying. We'll convince them to split ownership of all seven. Sell them on the idea of a fleet."
(8:56:00 PM) Gerhal: Runners return from the other ships looking for Miriam.
(8:56:04 PM) Serribon: "But, yes, they know how to manage these things."
(8:56:08 PM) Gerhal: "You there! Lady!"
(8:56:17 PM) Miriam: "Then let's get them here."
(8:56:27 PM) Gerhal: "You are with Unitos, yes?"
(8:56:37 PM) ***Miriam looks around, and sees no other creatures around that would qualify for that word. "What? Me? Yeah..."
(8:57:24 PM) ***Miriam says to the other party members, "Go on, get the other captains to meet up. I'll see what this guy needs."
(8:57:42 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *nods and will go do that*
(8:57:43 PM) ***Serribon heads back to the dockmaster's place.
(8:57:49 PM) Hisham: (sorry, gonna have to cut it short a little tonight. exhausted, need some sleep.)
(8:58:12 PM) Kormak: "I'll go with Ibram."
(8:58:18 PM) Captain_Tylor: <cassandra> *Will send the group a list of places NOT to go durring the evacuation and continue with "Plan X"
(8:58:22 PM) Hisham left the room (quit: Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~).
(8:58:35 PM) Gerhal: "Captain Morgan has agreed to your deal, but the other two Captains are pulling out of harbor right now. I have no idea about Captain Mubain. He's in town visiting the ... (one of the Houses Unter is visiting)
(8:59:32 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Let's get there now, Kormak?"
(8:59:42 PM) ***Miriam looks to the harbor. Are the ships actually warping out, or just making preps to weigh anchor?
(8:59:49 PM) Kormak: "Right."
(8:59:49 PM) Captain_Tylor is now known as Ben-dead
(9:00:11 PM) Gerhal: (My apologies guys, I hate split screens.)
(9:00:38 PM) Miriam: (We seem to have gotten the big stuff done, though. I can hang out a while longer.)
(9:00:47 PM) Gerhal: They have literally cut anchor, and dropping sails, and deploying oars where applicable.
(9:01:04 PM) Serribon: (so that's 5 out of 7 ships available?)
(9:01:14 PM) Gerhal: 4. 5th is an unknown.
(9:01:40 PM) ***Miriam goes, "Shit..." and tries to think of some way to stop them. Ibram and Kormak have gone after the 4th guy.
(9:01:44 PM) Gerhal: Everyone roll int or wis, whichever is higher.
(9:01:51 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+3 (WIS)
(9:01:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (WIS): 19:16+3
(9:02:33 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+2
(9:02:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 9:7+2
(9:03:05 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+4
(9:03:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 18:14+4
(9:04:08 PM) Gerhal: > 15, you remember one of the hazy visions of the whumpsign.
(9:04:24 PM) Gerhal: The locket. Falling to the street in a pool of blood.
(9:04:28 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+2
(9:04:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 18:16+2
(9:04:32 PM) Gerhal: Invisible flying assassins.
(9:04:33 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Oh no..."
(9:04:40 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "They're gonna KILL him."
(9:04:44 PM) Gerhal: Unter was the last one you've seen with the locket.
(9:04:55 PM) ***Miriam goes, "What? Who?"
(9:05:05 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Unter."
(9:05:26 PM) ***Miriam goes open-mouthed again. "GO! SAVE HIM!"
(9:05:40 PM) Miriam: "I'll try to get one of those ships back."
(9:05:41 PM) Serribon: (wait - who's where?)
(9:05:51 PM) Miriam: Apparently Ibram and Kormak didn't run off yet.
(9:07:15 PM) Serribon: (weren't they still at the dockmaster's?)
(9:07:25 PM) Gerhal: (no, they joined you for a bit)
(9:07:26 PM) Miriam: No. Trust me on this.
(9:07:36 PM) Miriam: So y'all go run, find Untos.
(9:08:05 PM) ***Serribon will take his horse, instead. But sure.
(9:08:30 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *yeah will go do that*
(9:08:32 PM) Gerhal: Serribon, Ibram, and Kormak, you ride off and such.
(9:08:46 PM) Gerhal: You know where House Unitos is. But you don't know where those other 2 houses are.
(9:09:12 PM) Miriam: Cassandra sent us some intel, though.
(9:10:16 PM) ***Miriam goes after the other ship. Serribon, Ibram, Kormak, you're up.
(9:10:42 PM) Miriam: The ninja, the dragon, and the Cay Man.
(9:11:15 PM) Gerhal: Where do you ride gentlemen?
(9:11:24 PM) Serribon: "I do hope you know where he's supposed to be."
(9:11:41 PM) Kormak: "Not a clue, myself."
(9:11:43 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *will ride to a townsperson, and yell* "Where is House .... (The one he's visiting)?"
(9:12:04 PM) Gerhal: Roll diplo to gather info on directios.
(9:12:27 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+7
(9:12:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 24:17+7
(9:13:09 PM) Miriam: While Ibram grabs a random passerby by the collar, Kormak calmly asks directions from another random passerby. Let's see who gets the data. :-P
(9:13:16 PM) Gerhal: Ugh. Getting directions of these people is a chore. It takes 10 minutes to find somebody who knows. You gather your horses, and then you ride.
(9:13:28 PM) Snoozy: ,roll 1d20+15
(9:13:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Snoozy: 29:14+15
(9:13:33 PM) Snoozy: (intimidate)
(9:13:33 PM) Kormak: Ibram lifts them up, I talk.
(9:13:42 PM) Gerhal: It takes 50 minutes to get there in total.
(9:13:58 PM) Gerhal: 3:20
(9:14:05 PM) Gerhal: (freakin' buffer ate the name of the House)
(9:14:35 PM) Miriam: Stand by...
(9:14:40 PM) Gerhal: Slaves are running all around the yard, and there are horses assembled.
(9:15:02 PM) Gerhal: A man is pulling up in a wagon at the gate.
(9:15:23 PM) Miriam: Flashback: "I will speak with House Oranmus. I will try to reach Cantus after that if you wish to secure the ships."
(9:15:34 PM) Gerhal: One of them seems to recognize you. "Hey there! Are you with Unitos?"
(9:15:53 PM) Gerhal: This is House Oranmus. The 7th Captain is supposedly at House Cantus.
(9:15:53 PM) Serribon: "Yes. Has he arrived yet?"
(9:16:17 PM) Gerhal: "Yeah, he came by and left a description of you."
(9:16:28 PM) Gerhal: "He's gone on to House Cantus."
(9:16:34 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Where... is Cantus?"
(9:16:38 PM) Gerhal: "Over by the Ossuary."
(9:17:37 PM) Serribon: "And where is that?"
(9:17:40 PM) Gerhal: Do you feel it? That shiver down your spine. The ossuary. The place they inter bones of the dead for centuries at a time. A massive grave crypt.
(9:18:00 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *did, cause his player knows all about ossuaries and other grimdark places*
(9:18:10 PM) Gerhal: The man gives directions. Blast it, you've already gone too far. You have to go backwards now.
(9:19:13 PM) Serribon: "It's always something. Let's go."
(9:19:15 PM) Miriam: You're in an RPG! Ride like the wind!
(9:19:22 PM) ***Serribon wheels his horse around and goes.
(9:19:26 PM) Gerhal: 20 minutes.
(9:19:36 PM) Kormak: ONWARD!
(9:20:14 PM) Gerhal: You arrive. You can see the banners of House Cantus hanging from flagpoles. They are clearly far more wealth than Unitos or Oranmus.
(9:20:22 PM) Gerhal: There are no signs of servants running about.
(9:20:30 PM) Gerhal: No sign of evacuation or panic.
(9:21:10 PM) Serribon: (no sign of Udder?)
(9:21:19 PM) Gerhal: You're at the gate.
(9:21:20 PM) Miriam: (So that came to your mind, too?)
(9:22:29 PM) Serribon: Is there any sign of life at all?
(9:22:36 PM) Gerhal: Oh yeah, there are people.
(9:22:40 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *gets off his horse, and says* "We're looking for Unitos!" *as he approaches the gate*
(9:22:42 PM) Gerhal: Hail one.
(9:22:54 PM) Kormak: (AFK a sec)
(9:22:57 PM) Miriam: Consider them hailed.
(9:23:00 PM) Gerhal: "Unter you mean? He's inside."
(9:23:06 PM) Miriam: For Ibram has bellowed unto them.
(9:23:22 PM) Gerhal: "I'll go check on him. Wait here."
(9:23:48 PM) Gerhal: The guy disappears. Do you wait and burn time, or do you go for plan /more aggressive/?
(9:25:13 PM) Serribon: We are not "Team Subtlety". I say we knock down the gate and go find him.
(9:25:26 PM) Kormak: Is it an iron bar gate?
(9:25:32 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "We're his friends."
(9:25:36 PM) Kormak: I bet Ibby and I can bend the bars.
(9:25:52 PM) Serribon: "He is in danger, we need to accompany you.:"
(9:25:52 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15 (Diplo, because I'm untrained in Bluff)
(9:25:52 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam, (Diplo, because I'm untrained in Bluff): 21:6+15
(9:25:55 PM) Gerhal: Yeah, it's iron. Nothing you can't jump, climb, or break a lock
(9:27:37 PM) Serribon: (If the guy's already left, I'm going over.)
(9:27:48 PM) Gerhal: The man looks at Serribon. "You look like danger to me, no offense mister."
(9:28:20 PM) Gerhal: (sorry, I didn't see your post Serrib)
(9:28:20 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "We -are- dangerous. But we're his friends. And we have reason to believe he's in danger... not from your master, mind, but from someone else. We're just trying to secure him."
(9:28:49 PM) Gerhal: He looks at you suspiciously. "Alright. I believe you for some reason. But no funny business."
(9:29:12 PM) Gerhal: He lets you in.
(9:29:15 PM) Serribon: "Thank you."
(9:29:20 PM) Kormak: We don't believe in 'funny'.
(9:29:36 PM) Gerhal: He takes you to a guest room where Unter is arguing passionately with a dwarf.
(9:30:04 PM) Serribon: (What exactly about a guy cosplaying as a dragon, one wearing a swamp, and a pig-faced orc says "suspicious"?)
(9:30:43 PM) Kormak: (Hey! Ibram's not pig faced)
(9:30:47 PM) Miriam: (Got me, man. That's some seriously bogus profiling.)
(9:30:51 PM) Gerhal: Unter says, "Please, I beg of you. For the sake of our fathers' relationship, their partnership, believe me. If for nothing else, consider just a short vacation to the mainland and pack only what you need."
(9:31:31 PM) Gerhal: Unter turns, "Gentlemen. How are things at the docks?"
(9:31:57 PM) Serribon: "Not good. Assassins have killed at least one of the other captains. Two more are in the process of leaving port."
(9:32:17 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "We stopped one of the assasins but the other... We were worried about you, sir."
(9:32:22 PM) Gerhal: (Serribon, 3 captains and 2 first mates are dead)
(9:32:30 PM) Kormak: "Is everyone in here safe?"
(9:32:37 PM) Serribon: (I didn't go anywhere but Ship B)
(9:32:54 PM) Gerhal: The dwarf says, "What? Assassins?"
(9:33:15 PM) Gerhal: Unter says, "I have not seen anything untoward."
(9:33:22 PM) Serribon: "You wouldn't."
(9:33:39 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "They're ensorceled or something. They crush without being seen."
(9:33:48 PM) Serribon: "But yes, assassins. I think they may be advanced scouts from the coming invasion."
(9:33:52 PM) Kormak: (Look here, Dwarf. You like profit, right? Well imagine the evil that's coming to this island as the devilbaby of Marx and Lenin turned up to 11. No profit ever.)
(9:34:01 PM) Gerhal: (rofl)
(9:35:22 PM) Gerhal: The dwarf looks at Unter. "... this is highly unorthodox. Who is invading? How did you know? When did you know?" He is grilling the hell out of Unter, and Unter doesn't back down. It's going take some time while he's grinding the little man's resolve.
(9:35:54 PM) Gerhal: Where is the locket? Unter doesn't seem to be wearing or carrying it.
(9:36:14 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Unter. Who did you give the locket to?"
(9:36:34 PM) Gerhal: "My wife asked for it before I left to see Oranmus. Why?"
(9:36:36 PM) Miriam: Roll a Sense Motive to see if the dwarf can be beaten into submission.
(9:36:49 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+14
(9:36:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 34:20+14
(9:36:54 PM) ***Serribon would slap his forehead if it wasn't covered with pointy metal.
(9:37:07 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+2
(9:37:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 21:19+2
(9:37:22 PM) Gerhal: The dwarf might be compelled if you confront him with the reality of violence that is before him.
(9:37:25 PM) Serribon: (make that 23)
(9:37:27 PM) Kormak: If I may?
(9:37:32 PM) Gerhal: He's a noble and merchant. He thinks of things in the abstract.
(9:38:21 PM) Miriam: Kormak, if you think you can beat Ibram's intimidate mod, go for it. :-P
(9:38:27 PM) Serribon: (about how far are we from the Unitos estate?)
(9:38:38 PM) Gerhal: 20 minutes
(9:39:32 PM) Kormak: "Sir, what's coming to this island is an evil the likes of which you cannot fathom. It cares nothing about you, nothing about profit, nothing about gold. It wants naught but total subjigation of the living, or, rather, to turn the living into the dead. You cannot bargan, you cannot bid, you cannot beg. It will win, and will leave nothing in its wake, not even you. Now, we are
(9:39:32 PM) Kormak: going to be leaving, and you are more than welcome to come with us, but we don't have time to wait for too much longer."
(9:39:44 PM) Kormak: ,roll 1d20+12
(9:39:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Kormak: 24:12+12
(9:39:53 PM) Miriam: That's actually a pretty good intimidate mod.
(9:40:00 PM) Kormak: Half orc.
(9:40:03 PM) Miriam: True.
(9:40:16 PM) Kormak: And hopefully my little speech will give me a plus in there.
(9:40:44 PM) Gerhal: Lord Cantus is forced back a step. Kormak looms over him in a way that Unter did not accomplish.
(9:40:53 PM) Kormak: (Boo.)
(9:41:06 PM) Gerhal: "I see."
(9:41:06 PM) Kormak: "What is your decision?"
(9:41:37 PM) Gerhal: He puffs up. "I will prepare for a short vacation to the mainland with haste."
(9:41:57 PM) Kormak: "I think that's a very wise idea, sir. The mainland is lovely this time of year."
(9:42:10 PM) Gerhal: He stops and turns. "Unter."
(9:42:13 PM) Gerhal: "Yes."
(9:42:19 PM) Gerhal: "Be careful."
(9:42:40 PM) Gerhal: Lord Cantus will depart to do his thing.
(9:42:50 PM) Gerhal: Unter asks, "What now?"
(9:43:09 PM) ***Kormak turns to Unter and, after the Dwarf leaves the room says, "I apologize if I laid it on too thick. He needed to choose. I hope I did not overstep myself."
(9:43:23 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "We make sure your wife is alright, and get the hell out of here."
(9:43:37 PM) Gerhal: "He's stubborn as a kraken. It was necessary."
(9:44:09 PM) Gerhal: "... wait, do you think they will send assassins after the various lords, and not just the captains?"
(9:44:10 PM) Kormak: "Very well. We should make haste."
(9:44:21 PM) Gerhal: He thinks.
(9:44:25 PM) Gerhal: "That's what I'd do..."
(9:44:42 PM) Serribon: "It's the most sensible plan of action for anyone with the proper resources."
(9:44:51 PM) Serribon: "And lack of morals."
(9:44:52 PM) Gerhal: He slams his fist into a coffee table and snaps it in half. "Damn! Why didn't I think of that."
(9:45:10 PM) Gerhal: "Let's go. Do you have steeds?"
(9:45:21 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Aye, that we do."
(9:45:24 PM) Miriam: Steeds! Yes.
(9:46:01 PM) Gerhal: "Good. You won't slow me down."
(9:46:11 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *nods and heads to the gate*
(9:46:12 PM) Gerhal: Unter can run like a mo-fo.
(9:46:25 PM) ***Serribon rides!
(9:46:39 PM) Kormak: (I take it that riding Unter would be seen as bad form.)
(9:46:50 PM) Gerhal: (He's a minotaur, not a centaur)
(9:47:08 PM) ***Miriam , meanwhile, is rowing back and forth across the harbor in her little borrowed row-boat.
(9:47:17 PM) Gerhal: It's 3:50 now.
(9:47:26 PM) Kormak: (http://lfgcomic.com/page/146)
(9:47:33 PM) Gerhal: 9 pm still feels like it is so far away. Plenty of time.
(9:48:03 PM) Gerhal: Time.
(9:49:06 PM) Gerhal: You feel a noise building in your ears. A rising noise pregnant with anxiety.
(9:49:09 PM) Gerhal: Flicker.
(9:49:16 PM) Serribon: "Ah, damn."
(9:49:17 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "A whump.... no."
(9:49:54 PM) Gerhal: Unter is charging as fast as he can. He doesn't even seem to notice.
(9:50:26 PM) Gerhal: Miriam
(9:50:40 PM) ***Miriam rows rows rows her boat.
(9:50:45 PM) Gerhal: On your return on the rowboat you see that the 7th ship is burning.
(9:50:56 PM) Gerhal: ISK, you can see smoke rising from the harbor.
(9:51:16 PM) Gerhal: Flicker.
(9:51:22 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Shit."
(9:51:23 PM) Serribon: "..."
(9:52:00 PM) Miriam: 7th ship meaning which? In harbor, or the one fleeing?
(9:52:13 PM) Gerhal: In harbor belonging to mystery captain
(9:52:51 PM) Miriam: "GOD DAMN IT!" This monotheism thing is very handy. It's a lot harder to take the names of multiple gods in vain, because you have to remember them all. Miriam rows with all her might toward the unbespoken vessel to see if she can help put it out and maybe gain access to it in the process.
(9:53:47 PM) Gerhal: Miriam can see that the remaining ships at harbor are all pulling up anchor. All this prep work is falling to pieces. And the evacuees are nowhere to be seen.
(9:54:05 PM) Gerhal: Nobody wants to be dock bound if the whole place goes up in flames.
(9:54:10 PM) Gerhal: Flicker.
(9:54:32 PM) Gerhal: You can recognize the noise now. It's Joker's theme from The Dark Knight.
(9:54:41 PM) ***Miriam stops rowing and tries to think.
(9:54:48 PM) Serribon: (heh)
(9:54:54 PM) Gerhal: WHUMP
(9:56:04 PM) ***Miriam pops into existence a little off of her horse and falls to the ground. She sits for a while.
(9:56:52 PM) ***Serribon reappears on his way back from the camp latrine.
(9:57:09 PM) ***Kormak reappears under a tree, he opens his eyes and frowns.
(9:57:30 PM) ***Miriam eventually pulls up her legs and hugs them, resting her chin on her knees.
(9:57:41 PM) Gerhal: Mordak squeeks.
(9:57:54 PM) Miriam: Mordax.
(9:58:24 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *pops in on V*
(9:58:27 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Well fuck."
(9:58:28 PM) ***Miriam looks down at him in his little heated travel crate. She lets him out and lets him crawl up under her shirt as he is wont to do for warmth and comfort.
(9:58:34 PM) Gerhal is now known as Vargas
(9:58:41 PM) Vargas: "How did it go, Ibram?"
(9:59:24 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Not sure. Killed something viciously hard with my sword, though."
(9:59:29 PM) ***Serribon is still profoundly relieved that the whump didn't snag him 30 seconds earlier.
(10:00:03 PM) Vargas: "Huh. Was it the invasion again?"
(10:00:13 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "Yes."
(10:00:47 PM) Vargas: "I wonder Ibram. Why is it I am never called to this island?"
(10:00:53 PM) Vargas: "It troubles me."
(10:01:20 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *looks grim* "Could be your destiny... is somehow mixed up with it." *he crosses to V and puts a hand on his shoulder*
(10:01:30 PM) Vargas: Mordax coos like a happy baby wyvern.
(10:01:50 PM) Vargas: It is comforting in a way that is all to at odds with the violence, terror, and dread of what you've just left.
(10:04:11 PM) ***Miriam keeps a vial of Wyvern antidote handy like an epinephrin shot. Wyverns can deliver dry stings at will, but she doesn't trust a baby wyvern to always have perfect judgement or neuromuscular control in that respect. And she has seen evidence that his venom glands are coming online.
(10:05:58 PM) Vargas: Guys, you still there.
(10:06:12 PM) Vargas: Flicker.
(10:06:15 PM) Vargas: Darkness.
(10:06:20 PM) Vargas: Rain.
(10:06:27 PM) Vargas: Thunder.
(10:06:38 PM) ***Miriam is still here.
(10:06:41 PM) Miriam: Anyone else?
(10:06:56 PM) Serribon: (yeah)
(10:07:03 PM) Snoozy: Still here
(10:07:34 PM) Kormak: (Yep, still here)
(10:07:46 PM) Vargas: You are gathered in a circle at the docks. You are surrendered by buildings that are crumbling and wasted. A burned ship hulk is sinking behind you. Scattered wagons, debris, and dead horses lie about.
(10:08:07 PM) ***Miriam looks around at the sunlit road, her horse, and her hawk. She looks down at the rain-splotches on her coat and then WHUMPS.
(10:08:22 PM) Vargas: Two minotaurs stand armed with axe and mace facing a street that leads to the docks.
(10:08:48 PM) ***Serribon drops into a defensive crouch at the unprecedented second whump.
(10:09:03 PM) ***Kormak shifts his stance slightly.
(10:09:05 PM) Vargas: One is missing his left horn tip. The other is wearing brass plated half-plate.
(10:09:31 PM) ***Miriam squeaks and hugs Mordax, running for cover behind the bigger men. "What's going on? Why are we back?"
(10:09:34 PM) Vargas: Unter turns and catches a glance of you. "Great-grandfather, our friends are here."
(10:09:46 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *nods his head*
(10:09:52 PM) Vargas: Dominos turns too. He answers, "It's about time!"
(10:09:59 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "ONe last fight then?"
(10:10:08 PM) Serribon: "Okay... what?"
(10:10:12 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *will draw out his flaming sword, fire blazing along the length*
(10:10:25 PM) Miriam: "Dom... Dominos? How are you... What year is this?"
(10:10:57 PM) ***Kormak isn't in an aggressive stance yet, he's just watching.
(10:12:33 PM) Vargas: Dominos says, "It's the invasion."
(10:12:43 PM) Vargas: "And it's almost midnight."
(10:13:05 PM) Miriam: "How are you here, Dominos?"
(10:13:10 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "You have my sword. Or swords. If you need it. You've always done right by us."
(10:13:14 PM) Vargas: The city around you looks like it can been consumed with acid rain and hail the size of soccer balls.
(10:13:25 PM) Vargas: "I'm a whumper too, remember?"
(10:13:26 PM) Snoozy: (Oh that spell is a bitch)
(10:13:41 PM) Serribon: (/me didn't.)
(10:13:44 PM) Vargas: WHUMP
(10:14:04 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *pops out brandishing his sword*
(10:14:05 PM) Vargas: Moral of the story. You haven't seen the end of this yet.
(10:14:07 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "DAMMIT."
(10:14:17 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> *shuts off the fire and looks embarassed*
(10:14:27 PM) Snoozy: <ibram> "THere I was bein a hero n' stuff... damn whump."
(10:14:28 PM) ***Miriam winces as the sunlight returns. She looks around. She looks down at a terrified, shivering Mordax.
(10:14:34 PM) Vargas: "Jeez, Ibram. Don't set the carriage on fire."

23JAN11

Clockwork Ancient