27NOV11


(07:00:22 PM) You are now known as Serribon
(07:01:32 PM) Vargas: A wild Serriberry appears.
(07:02:33 PM) D_M: :-)
(07:02:58 PM) D_M: Almost ready.
(07:06:29 PM) UNGOOOO: Always ready
(07:08:04 PM) D_M: Incoming spam...
(07:08:23 PM) D_M: Previously, on Clockwork:
(07:08:23 PM) D_M: "Ibram, you and I will set up camp by the boy's house. Serribon, scope out the monastery. You can Miriam can go in after dark and snoop around."
(07:08:23 PM) D_M: "Sounds good."
(07:08:23 PM) D_M: "I'm thirsty."
(07:08:23 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:24 PM) D_M: "How do you want to go in?"
(07:08:24 PM) D_M: "Back door. We'll stay in disguise and just try to minimize contact."
(07:08:24 PM) D_M: "Sounds good."
(07:08:24 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:35 PM) D_M: "Ibram, did you hear something? I think we may have company--Oh, God, Ibram, did you just rip one?"
(07:08:35 PM) D_M: "Heh."
(07:08:35 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:35 PM) D_M: "I don't like the looks of this ceremony. Stay here. I'm going to snoop around a bit further."
(07:08:35 PM) D_M: "Sounds good."
(07:08:36 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:36 PM) D_M: "They're definitely following us. Let's try to lure them out onto the docks."
(07:08:37 PM) D_M: "You got it."
(07:08:37 PM) D_M: "Act casual."
(07:08:38 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: "You there! Have you seen Brother Marcus?"
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: "No!"
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: "We must find him! There are intruders in the castle!"
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: "All right, Ibram, they're all yours. Find me at the castle."
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: "You got it, boss. All right, you lot! You've got one chance to run, or you're getting wet!"
(07:08:50 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:51 PM) D_M: "Who are you? You're not one of us monks!"
(07:08:51 PM) D_M: "Nope." *grab*
(07:08:52 PM) D_M: "Neither am I." *punch*
(07:08:52 PM) D_M: "Come on, let's get out of here."
(07:08:53 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:53 PM) D_M: "Ibram! It's all gone to hell! I don't know what to do! Should we go in to help them? Or back out and regroup?"
(07:08:54 PM) D_M: "Boss, we gotta go in. Press while we have them off balance."
(07:08:54 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:55 PM) D_M: "All right, we're out. Let's find Vargas."
(07:08:55 PM) D_M: "Sounds good."
(07:08:56 PM) D_M: ***
(07:08:56 PM) D_M: "All right, Ibram, your call. We're going in."
(07:10:09 PM) D_M: And now, on Clockwork:
(07:10:46 PM) D_M: SNAP! The world comes back to itself like a rubber band, and Ibram and Vargas are in the front courtyard of the monastery. GUPC, lads.
(07:11:02 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(07:11:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:8+17
(07:11:06 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you escape into the starry night outside the rear postern of the monastery.
(07:11:15 PM) Ancient [~Ancient@ip98-166-216-41.hr.hr.cox.net] entered the room.
(07:11:27 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(07:11:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 21:20+1
(07:11:35 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+10
(07:11:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 23:13+10
(07:12:09 PM) Ancient is now known as Miriam
(07:13:09 PM) D_M: The front door is closed, Vargas, and the courtyard is empty save for you, Ibram, and one frightened townsman who goes "EEP!" and cowers against the wall when the two of you pop into existence.
(07:13:46 PM) ***Miriam says, "Should we head back to the cottage, Serri, and regroup with the others?"
(07:13:52 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Go home." *he walks deeper into the temple, sword drawn and looking angry*
(07:14:39 PM) D_M: The way is shut, Ibram. The front door is a large, thick wooden thing.
(07:14:54 PM) D_M: The cowering man would love to go home, but both the door to the keep and the outer gate are closed and locked.
(07:15:30 PM) ***Vargas casts Locate Object focusing on the corrupted gold. He holds the wand of invisibility, and a scroll of sleep in his left hand.
(07:16:17 PM) Vargas: (where does the magic point me?)
(07:16:38 PM) D_M: "Pleasedon'tkillmepleasedon'tkillmepleasedon'tkillme..." gibbers the villager in the courtyard. Vargas, you get a ping from dead ahead, inside the keep. The way is closed before you, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.
(07:17:04 PM) D_M: Serri, you with us?
(07:17:06 PM) Serribon: "We should head for the rendezvous point - that was the boy's house, right?"
(07:17:13 PM) D_M: No sooner spoken.
(07:17:51 PM) ***Vargas taps himself with the wand of invis, and then Ibram. Then he steps them through the door, and leads him by the shoulder towards the goal.
(07:18:04 PM) Serribon: (sorry, it looked team B-centric, so I went back to the kitchen for a refill)
(07:18:18 PM) Miriam: "I'm pretty sure," says Miriam. "Let's go, then." She starts down the hill toward the road. "How do we get these disguises off, anyway?"
(07:18:24 PM) D_M: (No sweat.)
(07:18:53 PM) Serribon: "I have no idea. Suppose we wait for it to wear off."
(07:19:38 PM) Serribon: "We might need them again, anyway."
(07:19:43 PM) UNGOOOO: (I thought we go through both sword,s oops)
(07:20:06 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *grins a bit as he goes throught the door with moar magic*
(07:20:21 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram stretch the world again for a brief instant, and then with another snap, they are standing in the monastery entryway. Ahead of you is the inner door, leading to the foyer. It is wide open, and there is a lone monk in the foyer, facing away from you for the moment. You have one round of surprise.
(07:20:52 PM) Vargas: (I have a layout question)
(07:20:54 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *will go for a slamming attack from his shield, trying to knock the guy against the wall and unconscious, instead of dead*
(07:20:57 PM) Miriam: "Maybe, but I have to say, I don't care for this look."
(07:21:01 PM) D_M: (Go.)
(07:21:23 PM) Vargas: (this foyer we now enter, how far is it to the big room with the alter?)
(07:21:50 PM) Serribon: "Admittedly, our templates were not the most attractive specimens. I wonder who they really were."
(07:21:59 PM) D_M: No more than two hundred feet to get all the way into the sanctuary.
(07:22:11 PM) Serribon: "Remind me to ask Vargas when we regroup."
(07:22:40 PM) Miriam: "I think he was pulling generic monks out of his butt."
(07:22:44 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+13
(07:22:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 23:10+13
(07:22:49 PM) Vargas: (Under the circumstances, I can't see Ibram well enough to stop him from charging or to urge him to hold back.)
(07:22:54 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d4+4
(07:22:54 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 8:4+4
(07:23:03 PM) D_M: Roll init, Ibram.
(07:23:09 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+2
(07:23:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 19:17+2
(07:23:11 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(07:23:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 9
(07:23:26 PM) UNGOOOO: (Haha, that was my suprirse round I thought)
(07:23:39 PM) Vargas: (carries over to next round, I'm sure)
(07:23:55 PM) D_M: He turns around the sudden sound of thudding footfalls just in time to take a shield to the face. It sends him stumbling back, staggered, against the wall, and you tear-ass after him to deliver a follow-up shot. Deliver the follow-up shot, Ibram.
(07:24:16 PM) Vargas: (can't you power attack that shield bash, Bill?)
(07:24:44 PM) UNGOOOO: (if he had poewr attack)
(07:24:49 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+13
(07:24:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 19:6+13
(07:24:53 PM) D_M: Hit.
(07:24:53 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+8
(07:24:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 13:5+8
(07:25:01 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d4+4
(07:25:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 6:2+4
(07:25:30 PM) D_M: This time Ibram uses the edge of his shield to bash the guy's head into the wall, delivering some pretty ugly subdual damage that lays the monk out cold. All is quiet.
(07:25:31 PM) Vargas: (wow, I thought you had PA. It's pretty good this edition. nvm)
(07:25:51 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *nods to V as he phases back into reality*
(07:25:55 PM) Vargas: "Let's go, Ibram. Straight ahead. Don't touch the gold, I have a plan."
(07:25:57 PM) UNGOOOO: (Conscious choice not to)
(07:27:39 PM) ***Serribon trots through the night, still sticking to the shadows in case any of the townsfolk are up and about.
(07:27:57 PM) D_M: Serribon, the monastery is more looming now on the hill as you and Miriam make your way down to the road that goes past it to the east and west. To the west is the sea, and the docks.
(07:28:12 PM) Vargas: (I can only imagine Serribon and Miriam in costume seeing a horde of soaking wet villagers coming their way)
(07:28:48 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram, what are you up to at this point? Proceeding on foot?
(07:29:09 PM) Vargas: (yes, proceeding.)
(07:29:27 PM) ***Vargas taps Ibram with Invis again.
(07:29:58 PM) Vargas: (Burning money to save lives!)
(07:30:12 PM) D_M: The foyer has a staircase leading up to the side, and another double door leading inward. That way lies the sanctuary, deeper inside the keep.
(07:30:53 PM) Vargas: (Is the way with the double door closed?)
(07:31:09 PM) D_M: The double door is closed, yes.
(07:31:18 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, heading for the cottage?
(07:31:25 PM) Serribon: Yup
(07:31:58 PM) ***Vargas whispers to Ibram, "Take the staircase, and inside we'll go."
(07:32:09 PM) D_M: Going up, then?
(07:32:19 PM) Vargas: (altar room had 2 stories right?)
(07:32:41 PM) Vargas: (yeah. Figure there will be fewer people to hear us)
(07:33:43 PM) D_M: All right, up you go. At the top of the first flight, you have a wide corridor going off to your left and more stairs continuing up.
(07:34:05 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *nods, and he'll head up the staircase*
(07:34:22 PM) Vargas: (whichever one we think leads to the 2nd story of the altar room from previous visit)
(07:35:16 PM) D_M: Ibram is invisible, but goes thump thump thump up the stairs, leaving big, if temporary dents in the carpet. You are now on the second floor. By your reckoning, you are one level above the sanctuary floor, but it'll take some maneuvering to try to find a balcony access, if that's what you're looking for.
(07:35:34 PM) Vargas: (yeah, that's our goal)
(07:37:19 PM) D_M: Serribon, you and Miriam move past the castle monastery. It rises high on your left, blotting out the stars with its dark form. Just ahead is the road that breaks off of this main path and heads up the hill to its front gate. Ahead of you, the main path continues to the docks. How are you proceeding? Stealthily?
(07:37:31 PM) Serribon: Yes
(07:37:45 PM) Serribon: Mod is +17
(07:37:49 PM) D_M: All right, Vargas, make an INT check to keep your bearings inside. An architecture type skill would be applicable.
(07:37:54 PM) D_M: Roger, Serri.
(07:38:16 PM) Vargas: (knowledge engineering?)
(07:38:32 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (engi)
(07:38:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (engi): 22:11+11
(07:38:37 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (dungeon)
(07:38:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (dungeon): 31:20+11
(07:38:48 PM) D_M: I guess it wants dungy.
(07:38:52 PM) D_M: How much of that is INT?
(07:38:57 PM) Vargas: 5
(07:40:06 PM) D_M: All right, Vargas, you and Ibram make your way down the corridor. You can see ahead that it turns left. GUPCS, Ibby and V.
(07:40:26 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (forgot, I dinged)
(07:40:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (forgot, I dinged): 24:13+11
(07:40:36 PM) Vargas: (that's perc)
(07:40:46 PM) D_M: Ok.
(07:42:08 PM) D_M: "...Fabien! Fabien, what happened?" you hear someone shout from somewhere an indeteriminate distance ahead, around the corner. "They got Fabien!"
(07:43:00 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(07:43:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 19:18+1
(07:43:07 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *tries not to chuckle*
(07:43:45 PM) D_M: Serribon, you and Miriam push further off the road, slipping past the intersection and continuing toward the more fish-oriented parts of the village. You can see several fire lights ahead, glowing from the doors of the huts near the water's edge.
(07:43:59 PM) ***Vargas whispers, "That must have been them. Alarm will be up. Uh, back downstairs for the main door?"
(07:44:14 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, you reach the leftward corner in the corridor. About face?
(07:44:39 PM) ***Vargas peaks around the corner just to see at least.
(07:45:43 PM) D_M: You peak, Vargas, and the hallway ahead is dark, but you see that it goes a dozen paces or so before T-intersecting another passage. There is a light come from around that far corner, from the right. "Fabien, come on, brother. Wake up. Who was it, Fabien? Where did they go?"
(07:46:17 PM) D_M: There are a couple of doorways lining this length of corridor, Vargas, between you and the T-junction. Whoever is speaking and using the lantern is just out of sight around that far corner.
(07:46:48 PM) Vargas: Does that T junction lead in the direction of Locate Object?
(07:47:41 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *frowns, and looks to Ibram, who he can't see. dammit*
(07:48:47 PM) D_M: The locate object spell pings ahead and to the left, Vargas, and slightly down. Perhaps one of the doors on the left of this hallway, or perhaps the leftward turn at the T junction, will take you toward it.
(07:50:20 PM) D_M: You'll have to make a decision quickly, Vargas. Do you want to advance, or retreat? You're exposed from ahead and behind right now.
(07:50:23 PM) D_M: Albeit invisible.
(07:50:32 PM) ***Vargas whispers to Ibram, "Go walk to the T, then turn left. If the guy comes around, stop on the left side of the hall, and I'll open a door back here as a distraction."
(07:51:13 PM) Vargas: "If he's alone, it's up to you if you want to drop him. Ok?"
(07:52:01 PM) D_M: You can hear the voice talking, though now lower in volume, so you can't make out what he's saying. The lantern light moves around a little, but then stills again.
(07:52:09 PM) D_M: Ibram, are you moving up?
(07:52:40 PM) D_M: If so, roll all the stealth you've got.
(07:53:10 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20-5
(07:53:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 14:19-5
(07:53:57 PM) Vargas: (+20 for visual. +40 visual if/when he stands still)
(07:54:22 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas push forward. Vargas stops near a door and waits, as Ibram tromps onward, making the faintest thumping he can manage.
(07:54:33 PM) D_M: Just don't draw the flaming sword yet, Ibram. :-P
(07:55:07 PM) D_M: Ibram, you reach the T-junction. To the right, there are two monks. One has set his lantern on the floor and is helping another two his feet. The other looks woozy, and has a horribly swollen jaw and lip.
(07:55:27 PM) D_M: Beyond them, the corridor goes on into relative darkness for a ways.
(07:55:39 PM) D_M: To the left, however, the corridor goes a short distance to a curtain of some sort. GUPC, Ibram.
(07:56:34 PM) Vargas: (What would Ibram's Metal Gear monitor be? Heady Shield? Solid Loaf?)
(07:56:42 PM) Vargas: (err, moniker?)
(07:56:58 PM) D_M: (Solid Loaf.)
(07:57:02 PM) D_M: (That's perfect.)
(07:57:24 PM) Vargas: (Loaf? Loooooooooooaf!)
(07:57:38 PM) UNGOOOO: (haha, heavy loaf)
(07:57:56 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(07:57:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 12:11+1
(07:58:00 PM) Serribon: (My god, that's ... that's... well, I dunno what it is, other than funny)
(07:58:43 PM) Vargas: (That's it. Ibram's nickname from now on is Heavy Loaf. Like Serribon is The Caiman.)
(07:59:03 PM) D_M: Ibram, you can hear some commotion from beyond curtain to your left. To your right, the monk steps toward you. He is in the adjacent square, looking about. "I could have sworn I saw something.
(07:59:03 PM) D_M: Vargas, you see the monk step into the middle of the T junction, looking about, saying, "I could have sworn I saw something.
(07:59:05 PM) D_M: "
(07:59:45 PM) ***Vargas waits for the monk to be more curious, and step into the hall before opening a door.
(08:00:07 PM) D_M: Serribon, you and Miriam get past the side road to the castle, and ahead, the first of the cottages draws nigh. GUPC.
(08:00:21 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(08:00:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 32:17+15
(08:00:28 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *just stays on the left side of the hall as asked*
(08:01:01 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(08:01:01 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 24:7+17
(08:01:50 PM) D_M: Ibram slips around the corner and flattens his back against the wall. His barrel-like chest protrudes substantially, but just then Vargas opens a door, making a pointed *creeeeaaak* with its hinges.
(08:02:32 PM) D_M: The monk's head snaps around, looking down the hallway. He grabs up his lantern and then thrusts it ahead of him into the dark corridor. "Hello? Who's there?" he says, nervous.
(08:03:04 PM) ***Vargas waits with his heart hammering in his chest like a drum.
(08:03:21 PM) D_M: Miriam just catches a sight of a door being slammed shut, someone ducking out of sight as she and Serribon approach.
(08:04:02 PM) ***Miriam clues in Serriberri. "Looks like the natives are onto us. And aren't feeling very welcoming. I wonder if Ibram and Vargas are all right."
(08:05:15 PM) D_M: "Stay here," says the monk to his companion, who is now on foot, but holding his bashed head in his hand and looking none too anxious to go investigating strange noises. The healthy monk takes to creeping down the corridor toward Vargas, leaving his friend (and Ibram) at the T junction.
(08:05:20 PM) Serribon: "Onto us, or wary of the monks?"
(08:05:49 PM) Serribon: "But, yes, that is the question of the hour."
(08:06:22 PM) Miriam: "Yours is good too. They're scared of something, though, for sure."
(08:06:36 PM) D_M: vargas, roll that stealth.
(08:06:56 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (plus situational)
(08:06:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (plus situational): 20:19+1
(08:07:28 PM) ***Vargas will sneak past once the dude gets to that door.
(08:07:31 PM) D_M: The die is good. You flatten YOUR self against a wall, and your chest protrodes substantially less, which is fortunate for once.
(08:09:03 PM) D_M: The monk comes up to the door, moving more and more slowly, his hand shaking more and more. He finally thrusts his lantern through the door, as if attacking the darkness. He sees nothing in the small chamber beyond. He hesitates. Vargas pauses, waiting out the silent moment.
(08:10:03 PM) D_M: The monk reaches up as if to take something from under his collar, but his hand falters and then clenches into a fist. Finally, he steps forward into the room, casting about.
(08:10:05 PM) Serribon: "Did the monk you intercepted happen to say what had them so stirred-up?"
(08:10:07 PM) D_M: Vargas, your play.
(08:10:59 PM) ***Vargas uses his Flight to soar down the hallway to Ibram and the jection, and go left leaving the monk behind. (I figure that's less noisy than walking on stone)
(08:11:08 PM) Miriam: "No, though something caused an alarm--you think the monks are onto us? Someone reported Ibram and Vargas to the monastery?"
(08:12:22 PM) Serribon: "I wouldn't be too surprised if they did. But I don't think they noticed us until we started beating them unconscious."
(08:12:24 PM) D_M: You lift and ghost down the hallway. Behind you, the lantern pops into the corridor again as the monk demands, "Who's there?!" He looks left, looks right. "Fabien?"
(08:12:40 PM) D_M: "I'm here," says Fabien, right next to you, Ibram.
(08:12:49 PM) D_M: Vargas, you reach the corner.
(08:13:30 PM) Serribon: "Where were they going to go while we were inside?"
(08:14:16 PM) Miriam: "Ibram and V? I left them making camp at the boy's cottage before I came to join up with you."
(08:14:29 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *feels tempted to push the guy off the balcony*
(08:14:36 PM) ***Vargas will feel for Ibram with his hands, and then try to go down the way while they can. He spares a glance for Fabian, and hopes that the injured man isn't looking too hard for trouble tonight.
(08:14:38 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, the woozy monk stumbles into the corridor and makes his way down it.
(08:14:51 PM) D_M: Vargas, you find Ibram easily enough.
(08:14:52 PM) Vargas: (Oh, in that case, freeze and wait for him to pass)
(08:14:59 PM) Vargas: (Then we go)
(08:15:16 PM) D_M: Vargas, you find Ibram easily enough. The injured monk stumbles away from you. To the left is the curtain, and the commotion beyond.
(08:15:29 PM) D_M: The injured monk goes to join his brother in the dark corridor you two just came from.
(08:15:31 PM) ***Vargas whispers, "To the curtain."
(08:16:14 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *will head towards said curtain*
(08:16:57 PM) D_M: The two of you sneak toward the curtain and peak through it, one inivisble head above the other. Sure enough, on the other side is an observation balcony overlooking the sanctuary.
(08:17:29 PM) ***Vargas focuses on Locate Object to regain his bearings.
(08:17:57 PM) Serribon: "That's what I thought." *continues towards the cottage*
(08:18:06 PM) D_M: Before and below you, Vargas.
(08:18:24 PM) D_M: The sanctuary is not as you remember it.
(08:18:28 PM) ***Vargas whispers, "Why the hell is it in the altar... oh no..."
(08:18:36 PM) D_M: All the symbols of Gott have been covered over.
(08:18:55 PM) D_M: Candles have been lit, but they are scattered about at random.
(08:19:04 PM) D_M: Torches supplement the light.
(08:19:36 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *grits his teeth, and looks down* "Is it time to start killing then?" *he asks quietly*
(08:19:41 PM) D_M: Several monks are moving about, talking in anxious tones, trying to coordinate a search and also decide what they're going to do.
(08:19:57 PM) D_M: You get the sense that they were trying to keep something secret, and now they're not sure they can.
(08:20:56 PM) D_M: You see bowls of what look like blood, and a few other unsavory tools of worship, set down in mid use.
(08:21:09 PM) ***Vargas asks, "Can you see the gold? It's down there. I have an idea. I will summon Lumiel, because his magic will protect us from possession. We'll bag it, and then dimension door outta here. I hope."
(08:21:44 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *nods his head* "I can't see it, but I'll keep you free until you can grab it."
(08:21:49 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you reach the boy's cottage. It is locked up tight and dark and silent. The campsite beside it is empty, but undisturbed. The coals glow untended.
(08:22:08 PM) Serribon: "Huh."
(08:22:13 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11 (searching for gold!)
(08:22:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (searching for gold!): 24:13+11
(08:22:30 PM) Miriam: "Where the hell did they go?"
(08:22:56 PM) Serribon: "See if you can rouse the household, they may know. I'll try to see where they went."
(08:23:12 PM) Miriam: "All right."
(08:23:18 PM) D_M: Tracking check, Serri?
(08:23:33 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, what's your plan? You're up on a small observation balcony. It's about twenty feet down to ground level.
(08:24:11 PM) Serribon: .roll 1d20+18 (tracking)
(08:24:17 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(08:24:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 24:6+18
(08:24:51 PM) D_M: You can't see any obvious signs of shiny gold from up here.
(08:25:18 PM) Vargas: (okay, typing)
(08:25:28 PM) D_M: Serribon, you pretty quickly find Ibram's tracks moving out to the road and then joining a lot of fresh tracks going in both directions.
(08:25:37 PM) D_M: You can't tell much more than that without taking time and twenty.
(08:25:45 PM) Serribon: how much time is that?
(08:26:10 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+17
(08:26:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 37:20+17
(08:26:30 PM) Miriam: Diplo!
(08:26:49 PM) ***Vargas uses the wand to refresh the invisibility on himself and Ibram. "I'm going to step you down. Then I'm going to fly around until I figure out where the gold is. I'll signal the target, and you bust them up. Alright?"
(08:27:18 PM) D_M: You don't know, but it may not matter. Miriam kicks in the door of the hut and then says something really winning and trust-inspiring.
(08:27:39 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *nods his head*
(08:27:45 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Very well."
(08:27:46 PM) D_M: Vargas, Ibram does not seem to respond.
(08:27:52 PM) D_M: Oh wait, then he says, "Very well."
(08:27:53 PM) D_M: :-D
(08:28:11 PM) D_M: Execute your plan!
(08:28:17 PM) ***Vargas casts Shield, and then steps down with Ibram. Execute!
(08:29:32 PM) ***Miriam finds Serribon in short order. "Serri, I found the boy and his mother. It looks like the other villagers were ordered by the monks to round us up and take us captive. It didn't work. They don't know where Ibram and Vargas are now, though."
(08:30:46 PM) D_M: You are on the sanctuary floor, Ibram and Vargas. Monks rush this way and that, beginning to clean up their unholy stuff, still oblivious to your presence, though a few look up at an unexplained crackling sound.
(08:30:51 PM) D_M: There is, of course, nothing for them to see.
(08:30:55 PM) Vargas: (Bill, you have AIM with you right now, right?)
(08:30:58 PM) D_M: Vargas, GUPC.
(08:31:05 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(08:31:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 26:15+11
(08:32:28 PM) D_M: You're getting funny readings from your Locate Object. For a moment, it goes fuzzy and seems to give split returns, and then it refocuses... in the direction of the altar.
(08:32:56 PM) UNGOOOO: (Yes)
(08:33:14 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *drops down as well*
(08:33:23 PM) ***Vargas casts Detect Magic, and floats over.
(08:34:16 PM) Serribon: "Hm. Knowing Ibram, he probably went to see them himself."
(08:34:24 PM) Vargas: (tossing a spellcraft and KA in there)
(08:34:34 PM) Serribon: "To explain their mistake to them."
(08:34:40 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+23 (spellcraft)
(08:34:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (spellcraft): 41:18+23
(08:34:48 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+25 (KA)
(08:34:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (KA): 39:14+25
(08:34:48 PM) D_M: Ibram, you are on the floor as well. Perverted monks go this way and that. Vargas lets go of you, so now you don't know where he is. You can only wait for a signal.
(08:34:51 PM) Serribon: "Or give them bread."
(08:35:00 PM) ***Serribon shrugs, "Both have good odds."
(08:35:19 PM) D_M: Vargas, there is definitely something inside the urn on the altar.
(08:36:07 PM) Vargas: (how big is the urn?)
(08:36:14 PM) Miriam: "I'm afraid you might be right. Should we go back? To the monastery? Do you think they're in trouble?"
(08:36:43 PM) D_M: About sixteen inches tall and eight in diameter, made of ceramic.
(08:37:10 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *waits, patiently*
(08:38:08 PM) Serribon: "There are signs of a scuffle, but no drag marks. I think Ibram and Vargas walked away. The monastery is a likely place to go, as they wouldn't consider making a run for it."
(08:38:23 PM) Miriam: "
(08:38:44 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, scatter them!" Vargas begins summoning.
(08:39:05 PM) Miriam: "True. We'd better go."
(08:39:57 PM) Vargas: (Dazzling Display would drop invis. Now that would be an awesome sauce entrance for Heavy Loaf (tm))
(08:40:05 PM) D_M: Serribon, Miriam, how do you go? High speed or low profile?
(08:40:28 PM) D_M: Gerhal is dropping OOC hints, Ibram.
(08:40:46 PM) D_M: ICly, Ibram, you hear Vargas's voice shout, "Ibram, scatter them!"
(08:41:45 PM) Serribon: Hurrying. We still look like monks, right?
(08:42:01 PM) Vargas: (aye)
(08:42:04 PM) D_M: Yup.
(08:42:48 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *will do just that, opening up with his blade flaming, whirling it about, and bellowing at the monks*
(08:42:53 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "BACK, FOOLS!"
(08:43:09 PM) UNGOOOO: *will also kick over something nearby for vermisilitude*
(08:43:10 PM) Vargas: (BURN THE HERETIC)
(08:44:12 PM) D_M: Vargas shouts, "Scatter them, Ibram!" and then begins the summoning, chanting the arcane verbage and making the arcane gestures with his invisble hands. Meanwhile, I figger Ibram strides into the middle of everything and kicks the ceremonial table out of his way. It skitters for a few feet and then catches on a stone and topples over with a great crash.
(08:44:31 PM) Serribon: Doing that, then. If anyone sees us, we should fit in.
(08:44:53 PM) D_M: At the same time, Ibram draws his sword. Its flaming blade appears, followed by the rest of his, crackling into existence, as he hollers, "BACK, FOOLS!"
(08:45:41 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(08:45:41 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 31:12+19
(08:46:00 PM) D_M: Behind him, above the altar, a white, electric crackle splits the air, persisting and then splitting at its middle, opening a portal from realms beyond. Who is summoned?
(08:46:37 PM) Vargas: Lumiel, the Hound.
(08:47:19 PM) D_M: In that case, he drops through the opening and lands on a foot, a knee, and a fist, with his sword in his other hand. He stands up ominously behind Ibram and joins the group posing.
(08:47:48 PM) D_M: There is a long moment of absolute stillness and silence in the sanctuary. You can almost hear the jaws hitting the floor.
(08:48:06 PM) D_M: Then the monks throw down what they are holding or carrying and run screaming for the exits.
(08:48:08 PM) ***Vargas commands, "Defend me, and stay together!" Vargas opens the Urn with his Bag of Loot ready.
(08:48:32 PM) D_M: It's filled with blood, Vargas.
(08:49:04 PM) D_M: Serribon, you start toward the castle at a run with Miriam. You both are very fleet, thanks to your enhanced move speeds, and cover ground in a hurry.
(08:49:12 PM) ***Vargas gapes in shock before he recovers. He grabs the urn, throws it down to shatter it on the floor.
(08:50:23 PM) D_M: The urn shatters at Lumiel's heels, splashing blood everywhere. As the pieces scatter, you see a golden dagger lying in the puddle. It was in the urn, submerged in the blood.
(08:51:13 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam reach the turn-off to the castle and start up the path to its gate, still at a run.
(08:51:16 PM) D_M: Huff huff.
(08:51:57 PM) ***Vargas will tap it into the bag with the tip of us cane. He asks, "A dagger? That wasn't what she described, was it?"
(08:52:14 PM) D_M: Vargas, GUPC.
(08:52:19 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(08:52:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 23:12+11
(08:53:39 PM) D_M: As you push it into the bag, Vargas, you see that it is an ornamental dagger, all gold. The blood partially obscures the curls of its ornamentation, but you can still make out its tentaclesque style.
(08:54:47 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *just concentrates on scaring the SHIT out of people*
(08:55:03 PM) D_M: They are making for the doors, Ibram, no contest, and hollering all the way.
(08:55:26 PM) D_M: Vargas?
(08:55:41 PM) ***Vargas shivers, and closes the bag. He casts a second Locate Object looking for more corrupt gold that isn't this dagger. If nothing pings, we run out the front door.
(08:55:48 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, meanwhile, come sprinting up the hill to the main gate. The main gate is closed, Serribon.
(08:56:03 PM) Vargas: (gave up levitate and invis for 2 LOs this session)
(08:56:06 PM) Serribon: What sort of gate?
(08:56:56 PM) Serribon: like big, iron-bound wooden doors, a portcullis, a pile of bracken?
(08:57:00 PM) D_M: Vargas, you recast the spell, excluding this.dagger, and get a massive ping under the middle of the sanctuary. Right in the middle of the floor.
(08:57:18 PM) D_M: Big, iron-bound wooden doors, Serribon.
(08:57:50 PM) Serribon: Climbable?
(08:57:50 PM) Vargas: "Damn, there's more in the middle of the floor!"
(08:58:40 PM) D_M: A very difficult scaling up the wall, Serribon.
(08:58:42 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, Lumiel, to the bell tower. Time for the big gamble."
(08:59:29 PM) Vargas: "We're going to ring the bell, and announce there are heretics in the walls. They can't hide it now."
(08:59:30 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "I LIKE big gambles."
(08:59:45 PM) ***Serribon checks to make sure it's barred.
(09:00:09 PM) D_M: It is.
(09:00:34 PM) Miriam: "Well? Hell. I wish we had Vargas's fly spell."
(09:00:47 PM) Serribon: "If wishes were horses."
(09:00:53 PM) Vargas: (I'm sure Lumiel poofs by the time we get to the bell rope, but it's fun for the transit. =))
(09:01:18 PM) Serribon: "Want to try going back in the rear entrance, or up we go?"
(09:01:28 PM) D_M: All right, interior team, you make for the belfry at a run, Vargas in his adventurer's wizard robes and hat, sandwiched between two sword-bearing, glowing monstrocities.
(09:01:37 PM) D_M: Monks scatter before you, the few you encounter.
(09:01:52 PM) Miriam: "Fuck it. Let's climb."
(09:03:14 PM) Vargas: (Ibram and I are riding the awesome train. Choo choo)
(09:03:28 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+8 (climb)
(09:03:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (climb): 22:14+8
(09:04:12 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:04:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 27:16+11
(09:04:38 PM) D_M: Miriam makes it. Serribon, you need an AP.
(09:04:43 PM) D_M: DC 25
(09:04:46 PM) Serribon: ,roll 2d6
(09:04:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 8
(09:04:53 PM) Serribon: roll 1d6+1d6
(09:04:59 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(09:05:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 7:1+6
(09:05:07 PM) Serribon: Think that got it
(09:05:17 PM) D_M: Yup!
(09:05:55 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam scrabble up to the top of the wall at the best pace they can manage.
(09:06:11 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram charge up the last flights of stairs at the best pace THEY can manage.
(09:06:31 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam tumble onto the wall walk.
(09:06:50 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram emerge into the belfry. Before them hangs the bell, and the bell rope.
(09:07:13 PM) ***Serribon looks up and down the walk for the stairs down/in.
(09:07:15 PM) ***Vargas grabs the rope. "Lend me your strength, brother."
(09:08:21 PM) ***Vargas cries out, "HERETICS IN THE TEMPLE! HERETICS IN THE TEMPLE!" Heave ho!
(09:08:26 PM) D_M: Serribon, below you is a small courtyard between the outer gate and the keep door, surrounded on three sides by the wall walk and on the fourth abutting the keep. Down in the courtyard, a single villager sits on his haunches, arms wrapped around his knees, rocking back and forth, crying and mumbling
(09:08:27 PM) D_M: .
(09:09:02 PM) Serribon: "That's odd. I wonder what his problem is."
(09:09:03 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam hear a faint cry of "Heretics in the temple! Heretics in the temple!" Followed by a--
(09:09:23 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, the great bell swings, and then swings back, and the clapper strikes. DOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGgggggg....
(09:09:40 PM) D_M: --distant ringing of a deep, clear bell.
(09:10:11 PM) Miriam: "Ahem: VAAAAARRRRGAAAAASSS!" screams Miriam at the top of her lungs.
(09:10:29 PM) D_M: Vargas, you hear a high, shrill voice scream your name like a 50s horror queen.
(09:10:34 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *grunts from the nearness of the bell's booming, and stands by to protect Vargas*
(09:10:42 PM) D_M: It's coming from below you, near the front gate.
(09:11:37 PM) ***Miriam listens for a response, cupping a hand to her ear.
(09:11:51 PM) Vargas: "Wait, that was a woman."
(09:11:54 PM) ***Serribon listens as well.
(09:12:29 PM) Vargas: (How far is it from belfry to outside?)
(09:12:38 PM) Vargas: "MIRIAM?"
(09:12:58 PM) D_M: The belfry is open on all sides, its roof supported by four columns. You can see all the world around the castle from here, and all the castle below.
(09:13:19 PM) Vargas: "Back in a sec, Ibram."
(09:13:19 PM) ***Vargas flies out.
(09:13:26 PM) D_M: GUPC, Vargas.
(09:13:31 PM) D_M: OR take 10 search.
(09:13:33 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(09:13:33 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 30:19+11
(09:13:47 PM) D_M: Or that.
(09:14:38 PM) D_M: You spot two monk figures on the wall walk to the right of the gatehouse, Vargas.
(09:15:21 PM) ***Vargas swoops down on them to see how they react.
(09:15:23 PM) D_M: GUPC, Serribon.
(09:15:30 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:15:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 31:14+17
(09:15:35 PM) Vargas: "Who are you?"
(09:15:40 PM) D_M: You spot Vargas flying toward you from the belfry.
(09:15:47 PM) Serribon: "Ah, Wellington. There you are."
(09:16:04 PM) D_M: Ibram, you are alone in the Belfry.
(09:16:09 PM) D_M: GUPC, Ibram.
(09:16:48 PM) D_M: Vargas, you rendezvous with Serribon and Miriam atop the wall beside the gatehouse, overlooking the front courtyard.
(09:16:57 PM) ***Vargas tries to condense everything. "The gold was split in 2 pieces. Got 1. The other is buried under the sanctuary somewhere. We scattered them. Ibram is in belfry."
(09:17:26 PM) Vargas: "Err, scattered the corrupt ones. Some of them aren't in the conspiracy."
(09:17:38 PM) Miriam: "What do now? Talk less words?"
(09:17:48 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(09:17:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 8:7+1
(09:18:04 PM) Vargas: "Not funny."
(09:18:26 PM) Vargas: (How far from here to belfry? Can we rope them up, or do I use the last of my dim step to get them up?)
(09:18:30 PM) Miriam: "Little funny." Miriam-monk grins.
(09:19:20 PM) D_M: Ibram, you're watching the three tiny figures rendezvous below when the hatch bursts open behind you and, as you turn, someone bowls into you, threatening to knock you right off the belfry. Roll a d20.
(09:20:13 PM) D_M: Vargas, it would use up the last of your D-step to get all three of you back up there. Probably wouldn't even be enough.
(09:20:46 PM) Vargas: (What if I flew up, and DStepped Ibby down? Or, I could just feather fall him down.)
(09:20:48 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20
(09:20:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 15
(09:21:09 PM) D_M: Ibram, you easily deflect the man aside, so HE falls off the edge. You are able to grab his wrist as he goes over, though.
(09:21:18 PM) D_M: "Oh dear God, please don't kill me!"
(09:21:22 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "What are you doing, stupid?"
(09:21:39 PM) D_M: "I-I-I-Who are you?!"
(09:21:41 PM) Vargas: "Let me get Ibram. We've got to finish this."
(09:21:41 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *will toss him onto the tower, so he doesn't fall off, then scowls further*
(09:21:48 PM) D_M: The man goes, "OOF!"
(09:21:51 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Ibram Corbec."
(09:21:56 PM) Serribon: "Yes. I can probably dig the gold out with my pick."
(09:22:21 PM) D_M: Any of those would work, Vargas.
(09:22:35 PM) ***Vargas will fly back up to Ibram. "Just a second, guys."
(09:22:49 PM) D_M: "You're not with the Corrupt?" asks the man.
(09:24:02 PM) Miriam: "Huh," says Miriam when Vargas unceremoniously departs. "Well I thought it was funny."
(09:24:29 PM) D_M: Ibram?
(09:24:44 PM) D_M: The guy you've thrown to the floor goes, "You're not with the Corrupt?"
(09:26:25 PM) ***Serribon shrugs
(09:26:38 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "No!"
(09:26:44 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "We're trying to purge them out."
(09:26:46 PM) D_M: "Then you must save us!" the man cries.
(09:26:51 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Of course. where are you?"
(09:27:02 PM) D_M: "They're killing us! They're killing my brothers in their beds!"
(09:27:12 PM) D_M: Vargas, you swoop in at that moment.
(09:27:59 PM) ***Vargas points, "We're here to stop them. You must rally your brothers while we still have time. Ring the bell. Wake them! Get them to safety!"
(09:28:31 PM) Vargas: "We will destroy the source. Understand?"
(09:28:36 PM) D_M: "It's too late! They locked us in! They're going room by room!"
(09:29:11 PM) D_M: The monk crawls to Ibram's feet, grabbing his boot. "Please!" he begs. "Save them!"
(09:29:34 PM) ***Vargas looks at Ibram with a look a rage in his eyes. "New plan. Miriam and Serribon are below. We're headed down, and then we're going hunting."
(09:30:11 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "LEt's go."
(09:30:14 PM) Vargas: (Time to go roof jumping!)
(09:30:23 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "SHow me." *he will pull the monk upright*
(09:30:26 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Now."
(09:30:50 PM) D_M: What's the plan, then? Stay split, or go down and regroup at ground level?
(09:31:17 PM) Vargas: (bring this dude down with us to guide us, and leave the other two to ring the bell?)
(09:31:37 PM) D_M: There is no other two.
(09:31:49 PM) D_M: There's only this guy, and our team, right now.
(09:32:09 PM) Vargas: (oh, right. I misread)
(09:32:23 PM) D_M: So leave him behind in the belfry, or keep the team split?
(09:32:33 PM) Vargas: "No, leave him. We're regrouping. Let him ring the bell."
(09:32:57 PM) D_M: "Wait, you can't leave me here! Please! What about my brothers?!"
(09:33:01 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "At least tell me where they are, within this place, so I can save them"
(09:33:16 PM) D_M: "The upper floors! The bedchambers!"
(09:33:27 PM) Vargas: "Shit. Okay."
(09:33:45 PM) ***Vargas yells down, "Miriam, Serribon, no time! Head to the inner bed chambers!"
(09:33:53 PM) ***Vargas says to the monk, "Lead."
(09:33:54 PM) D_M: GUPC, Serribon and Miriam.
(09:33:59 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(09:33:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 35:18+17
(09:34:12 PM) Vargas: (staying split screen then)
(09:34:13 PM) D_M: You get the jist of the message, Serribon. Vargas wants you to head for the bedchambers.
(09:34:18 PM) D_M: As you wish.
(09:34:35 PM) Serribon: "He wants us inside. Let's go."
(09:34:36 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, you retrace your steps down into the bell tower.
(09:34:47 PM) Vargas: "Go, go, go!"
(09:34:59 PM) Miriam: Serribon and Miriam, the easiest way in for you is an access door on the level of the wall walk.
(09:35:07 PM) D_M: Whoops. Too many screens.
(09:35:11 PM) ***Serribon goes there.
(09:35:12 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, the easiest way in for you is an access door on the level of the wall walk.
(09:35:18 PM) Miriam: Let's do that!
(09:36:08 PM) D_M: Miriam can pick the door in short order, and Serribon and Miriam find themselves in a guard room. It contains a few old weapons, but nothing significant. Monastery. Not much in the way of military prowess here.
(09:36:28 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *moves as fast as his bread-fueled body can*
(09:36:47 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, you burst out of the stairwell on the uppermost floor of the keep proper, and the monk leads you to the first door nearby.
(09:36:56 PM) D_M: Serribon, Miriam, where to?
(09:37:12 PM) Serribon: "The bunks were upstairs, I think. Should be easy enough to listen for the sound of a struggle."
(09:37:24 PM) Vargas: "Ready, Ibram?"
(09:37:53 PM) ***Vargas instructs the monk to stay behind him when they go in.
(09:38:04 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Always, friend."
(09:38:06 PM) Miriam: "All right. Let's move, then."
(09:38:18 PM) ***Serribon moves out.
(09:38:31 PM) UNGOOOO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9WeTf67YLY (lol, better than heavy loaf. Meat loaf)
(09:38:34 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you position by your door, and then open it and burst through. Vargas and Ibram, you position by your door, and then open it and burst through.
(09:39:06 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you come face to face with two monks trying to get into the guard room from the other side. Kicking open the door knocks one of them down with a broken nose. The other is Surprised. Act.
(09:39:34 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram, you burst into the dark room, but Ibram's sword fills it with an orange firelight. You are too late for these two monks.
(09:39:41 PM) ***Serribon grabs the nearest one and tries to get him in an arm-lock.
(09:39:46 PM) Vargas: "Damn! Next room!"
(09:39:50 PM) D_M: One has had his throat slit in bed. The other apparently awakened and was stabbed to death in a struggle.
(09:39:59 PM) D_M: Serribon, roll grapple. He's flat-footed, no AoO.
(09:40:02 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:40:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 27:13+14
(09:40:37 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *eyes harden as he sees this*
(09:40:41 PM) D_M: Easy success.
(09:40:44 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+2
(09:40:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 7:5+2
(09:40:50 PM) D_M: He fails to resist. Pin him, Serrinon.
(09:40:52 PM) D_M: Serribon.
(09:40:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:40:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 27:13+14
(09:40:59 PM) Serribon: +5
(09:41:03 PM) Serribon: As if I need it
(09:41:11 PM) D_M: The other monk recovers and draws a knife to attack Serribon from behind.
(09:41:20 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+14
(09:41:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 25:11+14
(09:41:37 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d10+4
(09:41:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 13:9+4
(09:41:43 PM) D_M: Very well, Miriam.
(09:42:03 PM) D_M: Miriam clocks him and drops him in his tracks. Serribon, you have a captive.
(09:42:23 PM) Serribon: "So where do you think you were going, brother?"
(09:43:10 PM) D_M: "Going? Going? Who are you? What do you want here? This is a house of G-" He chokes a little. Probably just the pain of the arm-bar. "-god. Get you gone!"
(09:43:28 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram, you back out of the room and proceed to the next.
(09:43:33 PM) ***Vargas continues the hunt for the killers..
(09:44:08 PM) D_M: Positioning on the door, you try to open it, and the latch moves, but the door won't open. It is barricaded from the other sid.e
(09:44:10 PM) D_M: side, rather.
(09:44:35 PM) ***Vargas cries through the door, "In the name of Gott, declare your alliegance!"
(09:45:24 PM) Miriam: "Where are the bed-chambers?" demands Miriam of Serribon's captive.
(09:46:28 PM) D_M: "Ad Deum!" declares the voice from the other side of the door in Common. "Ad Deum, Ad mortem!"
(09:46:42 PM) D_M: Unto God, to the death.
(09:47:22 PM) ***Vargas cries out, "Which way did the killers go? How long?"
(09:47:49 PM) D_M: "Only seconds past!" cries the voice. "We don't know where! Save our brothers if you are holy men!"
(09:47:56 PM) D_M: Serriberri, still with us?
(09:48:06 PM) Vargas: "We shall. Gottspeed."
(09:48:09 PM) ***Vargas goes.
(09:48:09 PM) Serribon: Yep, waiting for the prisoner to squeal.
(09:48:15 PM) ***Serribon helps him along.
(09:48:34 PM) Serribon: "There was a question. Answer it."
(09:48:39 PM) D_M: Oh. Ok, roll... hmm... base attack bonus, Serribon.
(09:48:55 PM) Vargas: "Ibram, we have to go faster!"
(09:48:56 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(09:48:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 25:15+10
(09:49:06 PM) D_M: Oh yeah, you dinged!
(09:49:29 PM) D_M: You twist his joints a bit extra, and he squeals. And then he talks. "This floor, and those above! Who are you?"
(09:49:36 PM) UNGOOOO: (I'll probably be dinging after this one)
(09:49:46 PM) Miriam: "Lead us there," says Miriam.
(09:49:48 PM) Serribon: That's also my Intimidate mod, so we can do it either way.
(09:50:09 PM) D_M: Intimidate is to convince him you're going to do something horrible. BAB is for actually doing something horrible, right now. Which you did.
(09:50:25 PM) D_M: Roll again for compliance. Intimidate or torture.
(09:51:20 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10 (psyche)
(09:51:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (psyche): 22:12+10
(09:51:47 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram, you proceed down the hallway, checking a couple more doors. One's empty. Another has a body. Another has a blood trail leading out of it. You follow that, and hear sounds ahead. An attack in progress, Ibram!
(09:52:06 PM) D_M: Serribon, you have compliance. He will lead you to the nearest bedchamber.
(09:52:12 PM) Vargas: (Time to rock their world, Ibram.)
(09:52:20 PM) Vargas: (Like the Kool-Aid man)
(09:52:37 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *comes right into the door, in absolute silence. No oooh yeah*
(09:52:42 PM) ***Miriam takes the other one's knife and pins his hand to the wooden door of the guard room.
(09:52:54 PM) D_M: That wakes him up but immobilizes him simultaneously.
(09:53:16 PM) Serribon: Up we go, then.
(09:54:00 PM) D_M: Ibram, you round the corner sword in hand and find three monks. Monk A has monk C from behind and is trying to slit his throat, while monk B attempts to rise up after having been thrown to the floor. You have surprise, Ibram.
(09:54:07 PM) D_M: Vargas, you go after Ibram in the surprise round.
(09:54:12 PM) Vargas: (ok)
(09:55:04 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *lunges towwards Monk a, and will attempt to hack him down so Monk C is saved*
(09:55:10 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Urrah!"
(09:55:14 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+18
(09:55:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 21:3+18
(09:55:21 PM) UNGOOOO: (jesus dice.)
(09:55:24 PM) D_M: Hit, Ibram.
(09:55:38 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d8+8
(09:55:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 11:3+8
(09:55:42 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d6
(09:55:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 2
(09:55:44 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you make a hasty down the corridor and make a left. This corridor has several doors on the left side, all open. They are all bedchambers, and all are empty. Some have blood in them.
(09:55:51 PM) UNGOOOO: 13 damage
(09:56:12 PM) ***Vargas will magic missile the murderous monk A if he isn't dropped.
(09:56:45 PM) D_M: He is almost dropped, staggering back with a hearty, smoking wound. A single magic missile to the temple snaps his head over and drops him.
(09:56:50 PM) UNGOOOO: Oh wait
(09:56:54 PM) UNGOOOO: I'm level 9?
(09:56:58 PM) D_M: Yes, Ibram.
(09:56:59 PM) UNGOOOO: lol, there was an extra point of damage
(09:57:09 PM) D_M: Heh, nevermind then.
(09:57:09 PM) UNGOOOO: ( forgot about the second level of weapon mastery)
(09:57:19 PM) D_M: Vargas, you save your magic missile.
(09:57:22 PM) Vargas: (yay!)
(09:57:49 PM) Serribon: "Where are they taking the victims?"
(09:57:52 PM) D_M: The man is split asunder from his captive, who twists away with a bad but non-lethal cut on his neck. The other monk crawls over to him. "Are you all right, brother? Are you all right?"
(09:58:17 PM) Vargas: "Quickly, did you two see any more of these murderers?"
(09:58:18 PM) D_M: Monk C gasps and gurgles, trying to speak, holding his throat with one hand and clasping at his fellow monk with the other.
(09:58:30 PM) ***Vargas darts for him with his healing gloves.
(09:58:41 PM) D_M: The captive monk looks up to Serribon. "I don't know!"
(09:59:08 PM) Vargas: ,roll 3d8+5 (if he's still alive)
(09:59:08 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (if he's still alive): 17:12+5
(09:59:32 PM) D_M: Vargas, you lay a healing hand on him, and his wound is recovered. He gasps and shoves away from monk B. "Enemy!" he shouts, pointing at monk B.
(10:00:11 PM) D_M: Serribon, he says he doesn't know.
(10:00:25 PM) ***Serribon looks to Miriam, "What do you think?"
(10:00:49 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+4 (sense motive)
(10:00:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon, (sense motive): 23:19+4
(10:00:52 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *grunts, unsure of who to stab*
(10:01:21 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+8
(10:01:21 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 19:11+8
(10:01:43 PM) D_M: Serribon, you get the sense that he's being sincere, as far as you can tell, anyway.
(10:01:52 PM) ***Miriam shrugs.
(10:02:00 PM) Vargas: (I am re-reading the setup here)
(10:02:00 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Is he one of the Corrupt?"
(10:02:51 PM) D_M: "Yes!" says Monk C. "Kill him!"
(10:03:01 PM) D_M: "No!" says Monk B. "Brother, what are you saying?"
(10:03:04 PM) ***Vargas casts Detect Magic.
(10:03:30 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (sense motive too)
(10:03:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (sense motive too): 2:1+1
(10:03:34 PM) Vargas: (aww)
(10:03:38 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:03:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 12:11+1
(10:03:42 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *maybe?*
(10:03:44 PM) Vargas: (detect magic to sense an aura of the curse)
(10:03:53 PM) D_M: Ibram, is that Sense Motive?
(10:04:02 PM) D_M: Or what?
(10:04:21 PM) D_M: Vargas, you detect no magical auras in particular.
(10:04:24 PM) Serribon: "Perhaps you aren't lying. Regardless, we cannot drag you along and get our jobs done."
(10:05:06 PM) Vargas: "I cannot detect any magic from the cursed idols."
(10:05:16 PM) UNGOOOO: (yes)
(10:05:18 PM) D_M: "Oh, please don't kill me," says your captive, SErribon.
(10:05:22 PM) Vargas: (Does Monk B have any weapons?)
(10:05:28 PM) D_M: GUPC, Vargas.
(10:05:31 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(10:05:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 26:15+11
(10:05:44 PM) D_M: Woot! Beats a 25. Flecks of blood on monk B's garment.
(10:05:52 PM) ***Serribon lets the guy go after giving him a pat-down, "You may go. And know, if you had anything to do with the dark rites here, I will find you. And I will kill you."
(10:05:54 PM) D_M: Go go gadget Forensics!
(10:06:15 PM) ***Vargas commands, "Ibram, knock him out. Hard."
(10:06:26 PM) ***Vargas points to monk B.
(10:06:37 PM) D_M: Serribon, your captive nodnodnods and bobs a bow as he backs away. He turns to flee.
(10:06:42 PM) ***Miriam stabs him.
(10:06:59 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:06:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 15:2+13
(10:07:17 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(10:07:17 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 9:5+4
(10:07:20 PM) D_M: Hit.
(10:07:39 PM) Serribon: "... You suspect he was lying?"
(10:07:41 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d4+4+2d6
(10:07:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 12:1+4+7
(10:07:59 PM) Miriam: "No. We'll talk about it later."
(10:08:01 PM) D_M: He drops.
(10:08:17 PM) ***Miriam slips her hair spike back into her do.
(10:08:22 PM) D_M: All right, then.
(10:08:45 PM) Vargas: (Bill?)
(10:08:49 PM) D_M: Ibram, did you attack Monk B? Because Vargas said to attack Monk B.
(10:08:52 PM) D_M: He's the bad guy.
(10:09:19 PM) Serribon: "... Let's go, then. I don't see signs of the others' passage. They must be on the next level down."
(10:10:02 PM) Miriam: "The other bedchambers will be on the next level up. You think they've taken the survivors downstairs?"
(10:10:21 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *Totally*
(10:10:29 PM) D_M: Roll it.
(10:10:32 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:10:32 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 23:4+19
(10:10:42 PM) D_M: Hit. Lethal or unlethal?
(10:10:49 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *nonlethal*
(10:10:52 PM) D_M: Damage.
(10:11:03 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d8+8
(10:11:03 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 13:5+8
(10:11:08 PM) UNGOOOO: 13 nonlethal
(10:11:10 PM) Serribon: (We came in on the top level of the fortress, so the higher bunk floor would be where we ended up first)
(10:11:39 PM) D_M: (Sorry, Serri, you came in at sort of a middle level. The lowest of the dormitory floors.
(10:11:55 PM) D_M: There'll be another floor of dorms above, and the working parts of the keep below.
(10:11:56 PM) D_M: )
(10:12:39 PM) D_M: You scorch him badly across the face, Ibram, as you club him with the dull portion of the fort of your blade and drop him.
(10:12:42 PM) Serribon: (ah, you're right. mis-attributed the line)
(10:13:10 PM) D_M: (Sorry for the confusion. So, up or down, Serri? Find more dorms, or try to find where these monks have been taken?)
(10:13:16 PM) Serribon: "Right, upstairs. The corrupted monks are probably working their way up."
(10:13:21 PM) D_M: Vargas and Ibram, you have pacified this room.
(10:13:52 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "LEt's keep going. Can you tell fair from foul?" *he asks monk C*
(10:14:34 PM) D_M: "I fear not easily," says Monk C. "I've had suspicions, but... only that."
(10:14:38 PM) D_M: "Until tonight."
(10:15:03 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you tear down the hallway to the stairwell, and up you go. GUPCs.
(10:15:16 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:15:16 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 19:2+17
(10:15:50 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+15
(10:15:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 23:8+15
(10:16:10 PM) D_M: Miriam picks it up, the sound of several men struggling nearby as you reach the top of the staircase.
(10:16:22 PM) D_M: Ibram and Vargas, your intentions?
(10:16:44 PM) Vargas: "We don't have time to waste. Did you see any more of these men?"
(10:17:02 PM) D_M: "Several more, but they went past as these came in."
(10:17:26 PM) Vargas: "No time then. Bind him. Bar the door. We're moving."
(10:17:36 PM) ***Vargas goes with Ibram and the Belfry monk.
(10:18:05 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you have sounds of struggle just down the hallway from the staircase, on this floor.
(10:18:06 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Good luck." *he moves on and nods to Belfry* "What's your name?"
(10:18:22 PM) D_M: Vargas, did you say you bind Monk C?
(10:18:33 PM) Vargas: (Bind the KO'ed monk)
(10:18:36 PM) D_M: Oh, k.
(10:18:44 PM) ***Serribon goes to investigate.
(10:18:58 PM) Vargas: (The healed monk can secure the heretic, and bar his room)
(10:20:43 PM) D_M: Serribon, you step out of the staircase and find several monks holding another bound and gagged. Two of the evil monks are kicking in a door.
(10:21:15 PM) D_M: Ibram, the one from the Belfry says, "I am brother Theodore."
(10:21:31 PM) Vargas: Team Ibram/Vargas/Theodore continue to hunt killers!
(10:21:45 PM) ***Serribon hisses back to Miri, "Found some."
(10:22:13 PM) Miriam: "Take them now. Don't worry about the use of force."
(10:23:03 PM) ***Serribon steps out into the hallway, drawing his halberd. From the others' perspectives, another monk appears to be pulling a 7' pole-axe out of his back.
(10:23:15 PM) D_M: Team VIT comes out of the ABC room and comes face to face with two monks running toward them with knives, come to assist A and B.
(10:23:36 PM) ***Vargas gives Theodore his cane. "Brother Theodore, this cane was carved from the bone of dragon named Thorne. Use it only if you must. Let us do the fighting." He draws his mithril dagger in place of his cane.
(10:23:45 PM) D_M: Serribon, at least one looks in time to witness this. He is surprised.
(10:23:49 PM) Serribon: "Good evening, brothers. Gott is watching you."
(10:23:54 PM) D_M: Team VIT, roll init.
(10:23:56 PM) Vargas: (oh, encounter)
(10:24:00 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
(10:24:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (init): 17:16+1
(10:24:01 PM) D_M: Serribon and Miriam, you have surprise.
(10:24:06 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+2
(10:24:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 9:7+2
(10:24:09 PM) ***Serribon charges the surprised one.
(10:24:31 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(10:24:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 19
(10:24:49 PM) D_M: The oncoming monks attack VIT, both going for Ibram.
(10:24:53 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:24:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 22:18+4
(10:24:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+3
(10:24:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 4:1+3
(10:25:02 PM) D_M: Both bounce off. One drops his knife.
(10:25:24 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(10:25:25 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:8+18
(10:25:40 PM) D_M: Serribon, you hit.
(10:25:57 PM) D_M: Team VIT, Vargas then Ibram. vargas, you're in the backfield. Ibram has been attacked frontally by two armed monks.
(10:26:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(10:26:10 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:10+8
(10:26:33 PM) Vargas: (if the hallways is 10' wide, I should be able to burning hands them from 5' behind and side from ibram, yeah?)
(10:27:31 PM) D_M: How about one guaranteed, and if you go for both, Ibram is in the line of fire but gets a +5 bonus to the save.
(10:27:51 PM) Vargas: (are you cool with that, Bill?)
(10:27:54 PM) D_M: Serribon, you take his head clean off.
(10:28:50 PM) ***Vargas snaps his fingers conjuring a burning ember into his palm which he then extends towards the monks, and unleashes a gout of flame. (going for both)
(10:29:13 PM) UNGOOOO: sjre
(10:29:14 PM) UNGOOOO: sure
(10:29:15 PM) Vargas: ,roll 5d4 (ref dc 16)
(10:29:15 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (ref dc 16): 15
(10:29:22 PM) D_M: Serribon, the second monk goes for the prisoner out of spite.
(10:29:34 PM) Miriam: Bow shot!
(10:29:39 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+10
(10:29:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 18:8+10
(10:29:42 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+13
(10:29:42 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 26:13+13
(10:30:12 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d8+5+2d6
(10:30:12 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 13:1+5+7
(10:30:30 PM) D_M: Good hit, Miriam. Right in the neck.
(10:30:53 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(10:30:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 20
(10:30:56 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(10:30:56 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14
(10:31:17 PM) D_M: One fail, Vargas, one succeeds. And Ibram succeeds.
(10:31:20 PM) D_M: Results?
(10:31:26 PM) Vargas: 15 or 7 dmg
(10:31:32 PM) Serribon: (this a cut-scene battle or should we roll init?)
(10:32:01 PM) D_M: Serribon, two down, and one still surprised. He realizes what is happening and bolts. Init, Serribon.
(10:32:18 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:32:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 14:7+7
(10:32:55 PM) D_M: Vargas, one of your opponents takes the flaming hands in the face and is fully engulfed. He staggers back, screaming and burning like a man soaked in gasoline. Ibram and the other monk are lit afire, but Ibram's armor refuses to stay burning.
(10:33:17 PM) D_M: Ibram takes seven damage, which to him is nothing. The monk facing him takes seven damage and howls in pain.
(10:33:28 PM) D_M: "God in heaven..." breaths Theodore.
(10:33:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(10:33:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 13
(10:33:54 PM) D_M: Serribon, the monk gets away from you and runs for it down the hall.
(10:34:09 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+4
(10:34:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 7:3+4
(10:34:14 PM) D_M: Miriam, you go last.
(10:34:29 PM) ***Serribon pursues.
(10:35:07 PM) D_M: Roger.
(10:36:11 PM) D_M: Ok, Ibram, your remaining opponent, on fire, attempts to flee, but can't concentrate enough to withdraw. He just straight bolts, at run speed, provoking AoO.
(10:36:17 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *just puts that monk out of his misery, two quick thrusts to the chest and neck*
(10:36:22 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(10:36:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 28:9+19
(10:36:29 PM) D_M: Lethal or non?
(10:36:31 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d8+9
(10:36:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 14:5+9
(10:36:35 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d6
(10:36:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 3
(10:36:37 PM) UNGOOOO: lethal'
(10:36:40 PM) UNGOOOO: He's already on fire
(10:36:48 PM) D_M: Roger. Kill.
(10:36:57 PM) D_M: You stab him from behind with a flaming sword.
(10:37:05 PM) D_M: GUPC, Vargas and Ibram.
(10:37:13 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(10:37:13 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 27:16+11
(10:38:00 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:38:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 14:13+1
(10:38:10 PM) D_M: Vargas, you look past the skewered monk and see another monk tear-ass around the far corner. Behind him, on his heels, comes The Caiman.
(10:38:21 PM) D_M: Serribon, you catch him and may make a charge attack of your choice.
(10:38:41 PM) Vargas: (Is he coming towards us? Or perpendicular?)
(10:39:00 PM) ***Serribon lunges forward with the sharpened dragonbone end-spike.
(10:39:04 PM) D_M: Around the corner, now coming toward you, some twenty feet away. Serribon's move.
(10:39:06 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+18
(10:39:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 36:18+18
(10:39:10 PM) D_M: Hit, SErri.
(10:39:20 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(10:39:20 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:10+8
(10:39:46 PM) D_M: Well, that's that. Vargas, you see Serribon come down on him from behind, shoving a halberd through him from behind and down, pinning him into the floor.
(10:40:10 PM) Vargas: "I think the monk with the dragon bone lance is Serribon."
(10:40:28 PM) D_M: Theodore stares. "Who?"
(10:40:47 PM) ***Miriam comes around the corner behind Serribon, bow at the read, arrow nocked.
(10:40:55 PM) ***Vargas says to Theodore, "Two of our allies are disguised as monks in robes."
(10:41:05 PM) D_M: "Oh."
(10:41:17 PM) Vargas: "Where now? Are there more bedchambers?"
(10:41:53 PM) D_M: As you all regroup, you discover one more door between you. You all turn to look simultaneously, and find a monk hold another monk, again from behind, again, poised for the throat cut. This time, though, there's no surprise, and no struggle. He has his hostage dead to rights.
(10:42:10 PM) D_M: "Nobody come any nearer, or I
(10:42:14 PM) D_M: I'll kill him!"
(10:43:05 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "All right." *ibram doesn't come closer. He just snipes this guy with the flame blast, single target attack*
(10:43:17 PM) ***Vargas holds up a hand, and looks to the others. "Theodore, do you recognize these two men?"
(10:43:26 PM) D_M: Too late, V. :-D
(10:43:32 PM) D_M: Ibram, roll the ranged touch.
(10:43:38 PM) UNGOOOO: (Haha, sorry, ibram is totally hardcore like that sometimes)
(10:43:46 PM) Vargas: (oh, sorry. I didn't read that.)
(10:43:48 PM) Vargas: (hahaha)
(10:43:50 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+7
(10:43:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 11:4+7
(10:44:02 PM) UNGOOOO: And ap
(10:44:05 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d6
(10:44:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 6
(10:44:19 PM) Serribon: (you get two, I think - not that you need the backup)
(10:44:34 PM) D_M: Hit. 4d6 damage.
(10:45:04 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 4d6
(10:45:04 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 19
(10:45:08 PM) D_M: ...
(10:45:15 PM) Vargas: (Melty face)
(10:45:20 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *was keeping a meltagun in his pocket*
(10:45:41 PM) D_M: You immolate his head, singing the captive monk's ear. The captor monk twists away with a horrific scream, cutting his hostage in the process.
(10:45:58 PM) D_M: The hostage stumbles forward, putting his hand to a gushing wound on his neck.
(10:46:02 PM) D_M: Blood wells around his fingers.
(10:46:04 PM) Vargas: "Miriam!"
(10:46:08 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Vargas!"
(10:46:12 PM) UNGOOOO: (hahaha)
(10:46:13 PM) D_M: "Oh, right."
(10:46:22 PM) Miriam: "Oh, right."
(10:46:31 PM) Miriam: *GLOVE*
(10:47:23 PM) D_M: All right. You have pacified the room and saved the hostage.
(10:47:28 PM) D_M: Now what?
(10:47:32 PM) Serribon: "That's one way to negotiate."
(10:47:50 PM) Miriam: "Approved."
(10:47:54 PM) ***Vargas asks, "Theodore, are there any other bedchambers?"
(10:47:59 PM) Serribon: "How many survivors have you two found?"
(10:48:04 PM) D_M: "Just those on the lower floor."
(10:48:11 PM) ***Vargas refocuses on Locate Object while the duration is still up.
(10:48:16 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *chuckles* "I don't like guys who take hostages. They're shitheads."
(10:48:18 PM) Serribon: "They were empty. Signs of a bloody struggle, but no bodies."
(10:48:34 PM) Serribon: "Where would the cultists take them?"
(10:48:35 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *he halts, briefly remembering the old man who lost his daughter, and the laughter stops entirely*
(10:48:59 PM) D_M: "To their sanctuary. It is theirs, now, I fear."
(10:49:03 PM) ***Vargas says, "Theodore, do you know any way underground? There is a cursed idol underneath the sanctuary, directly, and it is the source."
(10:49:08 PM) D_M: Theodore tends to his comrade.
(10:49:17 PM) Vargas: "We've already pacified the sanctuary itself."
(10:50:04 PM) D_M: "You came from there?"
(10:50:18 PM) Vargas: "The main alter room, yes."
(10:50:29 PM) Vargas: "Is there another?"
(10:50:46 PM) D_M: "Then where have they taken my brothers? We must search them out! We must not suffer them to live!"
(10:50:56 PM) Serribon: "Desecrated altar, bucket of blood, that sort of thing, Vargas?"
(10:51:04 PM) ***Vargas nods to Serribon.
(10:51:18 PM) Vargas: "Do you think you can track them down?"
(10:51:32 PM) D_M: It shouldn't be hard, Serri.
(10:52:02 PM) Serribon: "Most likely. We should check the altar for a hidden passage. There was one there in my vision."
(10:52:39 PM) Vargas: "Really? Lead the way!"
(10:53:18 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "All right. Theodore... I don't think you should go with us beyond the altar. I wouldn't want you to get hurt in a brawl."
(10:54:17 PM) D_M: Theodore nods and stays behind to tend to his brothers. Serribon, you lead the team down in the direction of the sanctuary, and along the way, you pick up a substantial trail of blood and passage, going the same way. Soon enough you come to the main door into the sanctuary on the first floor. It is closed and barred.
(10:55:09 PM) ***Vargas gives the team-word for a quick dim step through the door.
(10:55:10 PM) Serribon: "Locked. Of course. I think we can get through, though."
(10:55:24 PM) Serribon: ... "Or we could teleport."
(10:55:30 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "All right."
(10:55:38 PM) ***Miriam comes to a stop before the door, stares at it for a moment, and then nods to Vargas.
(10:55:55 PM) Vargas: "If you need to prepare, Miriam, do it now."
(10:56:07 PM) Miriam: "I'm good."
(10:56:14 PM) ***Vargas takes them past the door.
(10:56:41 PM) D_M: Vargas, you gather the team, and then you step through space to the interior of the sanctuary.
(10:56:42 PM) D_M: GUPCs.
(10:56:46 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+11
(10:56:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas: 25:14+11
(10:56:52 PM) Vargas: (miriam has darkvision, fyi)
(10:56:59 PM) D_M: Aye aye.
(10:57:02 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+1
(10:57:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 6:5+1
(10:57:06 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(10:57:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 33:16+17
(10:57:22 PM) Serribon: Just low-light for me
(10:59:35 PM) D_M: The sanctuary is well lit with torches still. Ibram, you see several monks with their backs to you, facing the altar. Vargas, you see the bodies of executed monks lying dumped on either side of the center aisle. Serribon, you see the whole situation. They have the remaining captives on their knees before them, between them and the altar.
(11:00:26 PM) Vargas: (initiative?)
(11:00:37 PM) D_M: Forty feet to the evil monks, who are facing away from you. Five feet past them to the captives. Fifteen feet past the captives to the altar, where the head monk has one captive up on the altar. He has a plain iron knife in his hand and is preparing to make the first sacrifice.
(11:00:39 PM) Serribon: "Whatever they are up to, it can't be good. So, shall we?"
(11:00:50 PM) D_M: Our team has surprise.
(11:00:52 PM) D_M: Actions.
(11:01:32 PM) Vargas: (I have a clarification to request)
(11:01:35 PM) D_M: Go.
(11:02:21 PM) Vargas: (If I cast Resiliant Sphere on the hostage, it should encase just him since it is a single target spell right? Like it emerges from him, and shoves the captor away?)
(11:03:21 PM) Vargas: (actually, it says centered on a creature)
(11:03:35 PM) Vargas: (can I get just the dude?)
(11:04:51 PM) D_M: Per Wall of Force rules, you won't be able to create the sphere to include only the captive on the altar, because the evil priest has his hands on him. The WoF can't shunt matter, so the sphere can't. You'll have to get him to back away.
(11:05:07 PM) UNGOOOO: (blast him)
(11:05:19 PM) Vargas: (Okay, I will do the next best thing.)
(11:05:41 PM) D_M: Ok. Everyone can act simultaneously, btw, so feel free to declare actions whenever you care to.
(11:05:46 PM) D_M: What's yours, V?
(11:05:52 PM) Vargas: (Can I use Dimension Door to door the team around the hostage?)
(11:06:01 PM) Vargas: (I'm almost out of regular dim step)
(11:06:06 PM) D_M: How much left?
(11:06:32 PM) Vargas: (enough for door jumps, but dimension door is like 700 ft regardless of passengers)
(11:06:33 PM) D_M: The distances are stated. 60 feet to the sacrifice altar.
(11:07:39 PM) D_M: There is a fifteen foot gap between the row of hostages and the hostage about to be sacrificed.
(11:08:09 PM) Vargas: (I'd put myself directly between hostages. Serribon and Miriam on either side of the main hostage. And Ibram between me, and the line of hostages.)
(11:08:49 PM) Vargas: (does that make sense?)
(11:09:38 PM) Vargas: (our team is a Y, and the main hostage fits into the fork)
(11:09:40 PM) D_M: The group must all be around you, but you can put some of them in squares adjacent to the priest and his sacrifice, so that they can interrupt.
(11:09:55 PM) Vargas: (right)
(11:10:09 PM) Serribon: Well, we all just dim stepped through the door, so we should still be grouped before moving out.
(11:12:09 PM) D_M: Yes. You can put your group in the space between the row of hostages and the altar, where the sacrifice and the high priest occupy adjacent squares. You can't hedge out the high priest, but you can put your team in melee range of him without difficulty.
(11:12:24 PM) Vargas: (right. Going for that)
(11:12:36 PM) D_M: I would put Ibram adjacent to the priest, so that he can shield-rush him away from his victim.
(11:12:41 PM) Serribon: Especially since I have reach
(11:14:03 PM) Vargas: (okay. Well let's not Lazyboy Quarterback this too much. Ibram and Serribon will get the interrupt positions then. Miriam will be in the back line with her bow?)
(11:14:31 PM) Serribon: (sounds good, though that leaves V open to a bum's rush)
(11:14:32 PM) D_M: You put Ibram and SErribon on the interrupt. Miriam has her own response.
(11:14:40 PM) D_M: Miriam has Vargas's back.
(11:14:57 PM) Vargas: (In the words of heroes, LET'S ROLL)
(11:14:59 PM) D_M: All right, allow me to reconstitute the momentum of the moment.
(11:16:32 PM) Serribon: (There's no time!)
(11:16:35 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *will bust right into the priest as soon as the tellyporta goes down. WAAAAARGH*
(11:17:36 PM) D_M: You D-step through the door and survey the situation. The priests are oblivious to you as you take in the facts of the moment. Serribon says, quietly, "Vargas, look," nodding to the sacrifice about to happen.
(11:17:36 PM) D_M: Vargas says, "Hold fast!" and grabs his companions again. "Azakadahm," he says without ceremony, expending the last of his D-step to cross the gap. The image of the sacrifice expands into an adjacent reality, and the rest of you may act in the surprise round.
(11:17:49 PM) D_M: Ibram, you have already declared a shield bulldozer on the high priest.
(11:18:02 PM) D_M: Roll it.
(11:19:38 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+13
(11:19:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 25:12+13
(11:19:42 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> Waaaaaugh
(11:19:43 PM) D_M: Hit.
(11:19:47 PM) D_M: Roll it.
(11:19:50 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d4+4
(11:19:50 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 6:2+4
(11:20:16 PM) D_M: You get five feet of bull rush, knocking him sideways and delivering him a sound blow. Serribon, he's still in reach.
(11:21:34 PM) ***Serribon nimbly ducks out of the way and lets Ibby shove past. He leaps atop the altar and levels his halberd at the assembled heretics. "Your judgement is upon you. Prepare yourselves."
(11:21:53 PM) D_M: Serribon gives his round to intimidate. Roll intimidate!
(11:21:59 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+10
(11:22:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 22:12+10
(11:22:19 PM) D_M: Serribon is, by the way, straddling the poor monk who was to be sacrificed, and who lies bent over backwards over the altar itself, bound there.
(11:22:20 PM) Vargas: (haha, Serribon exploits his monkly disguise)
(11:22:28 PM) D_M: Good roll, Serri. Miriam?
(11:22:32 PM) ***Miriam flurries. One shuriken for each hostage holder in the row. Thank you, Vargas!
(11:22:47 PM) ***Serribon completely forgot he still looked like a monk. That's gotta be weird for everybody.
(11:22:49 PM) D_M: Rolling for Miriam here.
(11:23:09 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:23:09 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:23:09 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:23:09 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+7
(11:23:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 18:6+12
(11:23:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 17:5+12
(11:23:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 17:5+12
(11:23:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 24:17+7
(11:23:15 PM) D_M: All hits.
(11:23:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d2+5+2d6
(11:23:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d2+5+2d6
(11:23:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d2+5+2d6
(11:23:30 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d2+5+2d6
(11:23:30 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 12:2+5+5
(11:23:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 18:2+5+11
(11:23:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16:1+5+10
(11:23:31 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 15:2+5+8
(11:23:40 PM) D_M: Three drops. One staggered.
(11:24:34 PM) Vargas: (jeepers)
(11:24:34 PM) D_M: So yeah, at the end of the surprise round, the high priest has stumbled away from his sacrifice, and three of the four remaining hostage takers have dropped with shuriken in their necks. The last is staggered at 0 HP and puts his hand to his neck. Roll inits.
(11:24:43 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+2
(11:24:43 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 19:17+2
(11:24:46 PM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (init)
(11:24:46 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (init): 2:1+1
(11:24:49 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+3
(11:24:49 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 13:10+3
(11:24:51 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20
(11:24:51 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 14
(11:25:06 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+4
(11:25:06 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 17:13+4
(11:25:22 PM) D_M: Ibram, go while we're waiting for Serri.
(11:25:36 PM) D_M: Your high priest target is still on his feet.
(11:26:25 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+7
(11:26:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 13:6+7
(11:26:57 PM) D_M: pIbram, Miriam, Serri, High Priest, remaining evil monk, Vargas
(11:27:03 PM) Serribon: (wait, Ibram goes first? That's unpossible!)
(11:27:12 PM) D_M: Ibram, you're up. High priest is still on his feet, relatively uninjured.
(11:27:28 PM) Vargas: (Heavy Loaf bashed first.)
(11:27:40 PM) D_M: This is now the first init round. He goes again.
(11:27:51 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *pours it on vs. the high priest. Snarling as he falls upon him with flaming sword*
(11:27:55 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:27:55 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 26:7+19
(11:27:59 PM) D_M: Hit.
(11:27:59 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:27:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 32:20+12
(11:28:02 PM) UNGOOOO: oops
(11:28:02 PM) D_M: Threat.
(11:28:07 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:28:07 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 25:11+14
(11:28:10 PM) D_M: Confirm.
(11:28:27 PM) D_M: Hit and crit, Bill.
(11:28:28 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 3d8+27
(11:28:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 33:6+27
(11:28:31 PM) Vargas: (Heavy Loaf makes toast.)
(11:28:35 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 2d6
(11:28:35 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 5
(11:28:38 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d10
(11:28:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 7
(11:28:45 PM) UNGOOOO: 35 damage
(11:28:56 PM) Vargas: (45)
(11:29:22 PM) UNGOOOO: ... oops
(11:29:26 PM) D_M: Goodness. Roger.
(11:29:44 PM) D_M: The evil monk leader drops with a smoking gash in his chest.
(11:30:15 PM) ***Miriam follows up with another shuriken.
(11:30:28 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+12
(11:30:29 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 20:8+12
(11:30:48 PM) Miriam: ,roll 1d2+5+2d6
(11:30:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 16:2+5+9
(11:30:53 PM) D_M: Yeah, kill.
(11:31:04 PM) D_M: Serribon, all the hostage takers are down.
(11:31:20 PM) Serribon: So what's left?
(11:31:22 PM) Vargas: (Serribon's prophecy came true)
(11:31:40 PM) D_M: Well... nothing, really.
(11:31:53 PM) D_M: GUPC, Serri.
(11:31:59 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+17
(11:31:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 26:9+17
(11:32:09 PM) ***Serribon looks about at the carnage. "Told you so."
(11:33:01 PM) D_M: Serribon, the smoking corpse of the high priest lies twitching
(11:33:47 PM) ***Serribon leaps down at the twitching body, leading with his blade aimed at the head.
(11:34:08 PM) D_M: Coup de grace.
(11:34:10 PM) UNGOOOO: (haha, I love how serribon is the one liner guy. Ibram just tends to bellow)
(11:34:12 PM) D_M: Roll crit damage.
(11:34:23 PM) Serribon: ,roll 3d10+24
(11:34:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 40:16+24
(11:35:00 PM) D_M: You split the head open, and the body jerks.
(11:35:29 PM) D_M: It falls still.
(11:36:05 PM) ***Vargas eventually catches up with space time. He blinks. "Are they all dead?"
(11:37:07 PM) Serribon: "It would appear so."
(11:37:31 PM) ***Serribon steps back and and makes to slash at the sacrifice's bindings with his claws.
(11:37:32 PM) D_M: Just then, the corpse of the high monk grabs at Serribon's ankle.
(11:37:36 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+5
(11:37:36 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 7:2+5
(11:37:45 PM) D_M: Miss.
(11:38:01 PM) Vargas: (hahah, just like any good horror movie)
(11:38:19 PM) Serribon: "Ibram. Purify him."
(11:38:26 PM) ***Serribon kicks the grasping hand away.
(11:38:42 PM) D_M: Its mouth opens as it reaches for the living.
(11:39:12 PM) Vargas: (can I use my turn to pull the hostage away from melee?)
(11:39:31 PM) D_M: You can, Vargas.
(11:40:08 PM) ***Vargas reaches for the victim-to-be on the altar, and pulls him away from the fight. "To arms!"
(11:40:41 PM) D_M: Just then, the undead reveals that it has another trick up its sleeve. A quickened magic missile, aimed at Vargas.
(11:40:49 PM) Vargas: (rofl)
(11:40:56 PM) Vargas: (Shield)
(11:41:08 PM) D_M: ,roll 4d6
(11:41:09 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M: 16
(11:41:23 PM) Vargas: (10 minute duration, cast when we first entered the sanctuary)
(11:42:15 PM) D_M: Vargas's sixth sense for magic watches four invisible pulses pound against his invisible shield.
(11:42:17 PM) D_M: Ibram?
(11:42:33 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "I'm on it
(11:42:42 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *will bring his blade down, again and again*
(11:42:54 PM) UNGOOOO: did it just cast magic
(11:42:57 PM) UNGOOOO: while I was standing over it?
(11:42:59 PM) D_M: It did.
(11:43:00 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> AOO :3
(11:43:03 PM) D_M: Do it!
(11:43:06 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *roll 1d20+19
(11:43:11 PM) UNGOOOO: roll 1d20+19
(11:43:13 PM) Vargas: (I'm not sure quickened stuff provokes)
(11:43:16 PM) UNGOOOO: !roll 1d20+19
(11:43:23 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:43:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 29:10+19
(11:43:38 PM) D_M: Hit.
(11:44:02 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d8+9
(11:44:02 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 13:4+9
(11:44:05 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d6
(11:44:05 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 4
(11:44:06 PM) D_M: Roll damage. Then roll your attacks, Ibram.
(11:44:09 PM) UNGOOOO: 17 damage
(11:44:12 PM) UNGOOOO: !roll 1d20+19
(11:44:18 PM) D_M: Commas, yo. :-D
(11:44:23 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:44:23 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 21:2+19
(11:44:25 PM) D_M: Miss.
(11:44:27 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:44:27 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 26:12+14
(11:44:30 PM) D_M: Hit.
(11:44:34 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d8+9
(11:44:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 13:4+9
(11:44:38 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d6
(11:44:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 5
(11:44:51 PM) UNGOOOO: 35 total
(11:45:13 PM) D_M: You are hacking the thing apart, Ibram, and still it scrambles after you, looking to attack you.
(11:45:17 PM) Serribon: "I meant burn it again, but if that's how we're doing it."
(11:45:33 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:45:34 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 21:7+14
(11:45:37 PM) D_M: miss.
(11:45:37 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:45:38 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 22:8+14
(11:45:40 PM) D_M: Miss.
(11:45:48 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(11:45:48 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 22:13+9
(11:45:51 PM) D_M: Miss.
(11:45:52 PM) D_M: Wow.
(11:45:55 PM) Serribon: Yeah, really.
(11:46:02 PM) D_M: By 2, 1, and 1, three misses in a row. Well done.
(11:46:06 PM) UNGOOOO: (Ap bro)
(11:46:10 PM) D_M: Yeah, totally.
(11:46:18 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(11:46:18 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 6:3+3
(11:46:25 PM) D_M: One hit generated.
(11:46:36 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+1d6
(11:46:37 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 7:4+3
(11:46:40 PM) D_M: Two hits.
(11:46:44 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d10+8
(11:46:44 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 9:1+8
(11:47:11 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+6
(11:47:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 8:2+6
(11:47:43 PM) ***Serribon hacks and thwacks at it to little effect.
(11:47:48 PM) Serribon: "What is this thing?"
(11:47:59 PM) D_M: Bits continue to fall off the thing, and it shifts its focus to Serribon, scrambling after him.
(11:48:58 PM) Serribon: (y'know, funnily enough - since we've never had a cleric for more than a session, none of us would probably think to ask for divine assistance here)
(11:49:14 PM) Serribon: (we've never seen anyone turn undead)
(11:49:37 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "JUst kill it again!"
(11:49:37 PM) ***Miriam maneuvers to attack, but can't get into the fight this round, because she starts on the wrong side of the skirmish line.
(11:49:39 PM) Vargas: (We do have a paladin. But they don't know they are one, much less any of us)
(11:49:53 PM) D_M: The thing snatches at Serribon yet again.
(11:49:58 PM) D_M: ,roll 1d20+5 (touch)
(11:49:59 PM) HAXX_Emprah: D_M, (touch): 18:13+5
(11:50:14 PM) Serribon: connected
(11:50:16 PM) D_M: Fort DC 18.
(11:50:26 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:50:26 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 29:15+14
(11:50:40 PM) Vargas: (Wow, that's one hell of a fort save)
(11:50:49 PM) D_M: That'll do.
(11:50:58 PM) D_M: The dice are with Serribon twice in a row. Vargas.
(11:53:18 PM) ***Vargas saw the thing use magic, but he's got no wall spells to protect the monks, and it might see through an illusion spell. But he decides it is more important to protect the monks, and risk that it can see through illusion. He pulls out a scroll of silent image, and dusts it to creature an illusionary wall of stone.
(11:53:39 PM) Vargas: (err, create)
(11:54:00 PM) D_M: Roger.
(11:54:03 PM) D_M: Back to the top.
(11:54:08 PM) Vargas: (just to block LoS between bad dude, and monks)
(11:54:10 PM) D_M: Ibram and Serribon.
(11:54:40 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:54:40 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 16:2+14
(11:54:44 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:54:45 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 23:9+14
(11:54:47 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d20+9
(11:54:47 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 18:9+9
(11:54:58 PM) D_M: One hit.
(11:55:10 PM) Serribon: ,roll 1d6+6
(11:55:11 PM) HAXX_Emprah: Serribon: 7:1+6
(11:55:19 PM) D_M: Again, bits come off.
(11:55:21 PM) D_M: Ibram.
(11:55:29 PM) Vargas: (are the monks able to run?)
(11:55:49 PM) D_M: They are bound hand and foot, but are inch-worming their way away from the confrontataion on the other side of the wall.
(11:55:53 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+19
(11:55:53 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 26:7+19
(11:55:57 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:55:57 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 34:20+14
(11:55:58 PM) D_M: Hit.
(11:56:00 PM) D_M: Threat.
(11:56:00 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d20+14
(11:56:00 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 27:13+14
(11:56:02 PM) D_M: Confirm.
(11:56:14 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 3d8+27
(11:56:14 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 35:8+27
(11:56:14 PM) D_M: Once again, this is Ibram's show.
(11:56:19 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 2d6
(11:56:19 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 8
(11:56:22 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 110
(11:56:22 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 110
(11:56:27 PM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d10
(11:56:28 PM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 8
(11:56:34 PM) UNGOOOO: 51 damage
(11:56:44 PM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *is just MERCILESS today*
(11:57:14 PM) D_M: You split the thing down the middle from top to pelvis, and then cut off the two halves of its head at the neck. It collapses.
(11:57:36 PM) D_M: This house... is clear.
(11:58:44 PM) ***Vargas waits behind the illusionary wall until he hears the din of melee fade. He asks in team-code, [Clear?]
(11:59:04 PM) D_M: End round time, end combat, you may excavate the remaining corrupt gold at your liesure.
(11:59:16 PM) Vargas: (Yay!)
(12:00:18 AM) Serribon: [Hopefully]
(12:00:19 AM) D_M: Feel free to RP.
(12:00:22 AM) ***Vargas will drop the illusion when the safe word is given, and then go to cut the monks free.
(12:00:56 AM) D_M: You've rescued... I believe eight good monks.
(12:00:57 AM) Serribon: (as an aside, we need to get a different ventrillo marker. the angle brackets read as tags even when they're normally disabled)
(12:01:08 AM) Vargas: (ohhh)
(12:01:11 AM) D_M: Square brackets, then?
(12:01:34 AM) Serribon: (works for me, but then, it's what I used. up to the rest of you)
(12:02:28 AM) Vargas: "Let's double check all the rooms, and get a head count. We need to talk to everyone, and see if anybody is missing between the living and the dead."
(12:02:45 AM) ***Miriam pulls Vargas aside.
(12:03:00 AM) Vargas: "Hmm?"
(12:03:26 AM) Miriam: "I believe those of the corrupt who are not yet dead must be killed," she says.
(12:05:23 AM) ***Vargas head tilts. "Can you elaborate?"
(12:06:06 AM) Serribon: "Something changed the head priest. The others may be similarly infected or possessed or whatever it is."
(12:06:53 AM) ***Miriam shakes her head. "This thing... is a disease. It needs to be stopped. I can feel it. I'll leave it to you to decide, though. Your call."
(12:07:28 AM) Vargas: "You can feel it?"
(12:07:36 AM) ***Miriam shrugs.
(12:08:24 AM) Vargas: (how many corrupt are still alive? 1?)
(12:08:39 AM) Miriam: a couple
(12:09:22 AM) ***Vargas will consult his knowledge of arcana to determine if Break Enchantment, or Remove Curse might be enough to save them.
(12:09:31 AM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+25 (KA)
(12:09:31 AM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (KA): 29:4+25
(12:10:50 AM) Miriam: To the best of your knowledge, they are not subject to any kind of magical compulsion or enchantment.
(12:12:49 AM) Miriam: Ping?
(12:12:54 AM) ***Vargas sits down on a pew in the sanctuary and thinks with his elbows on his knees, and steepled fingers.
(12:13:14 AM) ***Miriam goes to help tend to the surviving monks.
(12:14:27 AM) Vargas: "Ibram, Serribon. I need your opinions on something."
(12:15:13 AM) Serribon: "What?"
(12:15:39 AM) Vargas: "To the best of my knowledge, these surviving Corrupt show no signs of active magical compulsion, or enchantment. No sign of a curse. Despite this, they have conspired to murder their brothers in their sleep."
(12:16:09 AM) Vargas: "How can we explain peaceful monks converting to such violent behavior, if done without magical compulsion?"
(12:18:02 AM) Serribon: "Until the end, the demon apparently never made me do anything. And, still, I was under its power."
(12:18:52 AM) Serribon: "And I resisted it as I could. These men sought such patronage."
(12:18:56 AM) Vargas: "That was different. I could tell there was magic involved, despite the demon's best efforts."
(12:19:56 AM) Serribon: "Not to mention, you people tend to adopt all sorts of insane creeds with the absolute certainty that you're right."
(12:22:40 AM) Serribon: "You also had several opportunities to study the fallen that we killed - Gina says they were transformed by their dark gods. Were you able to sniff out the magic there?"
(12:23:08 AM) ***Vargas sighs. "No, I haven't inspected it yet. I will scan it once, but I think I know what I'm going to do."
(12:23:10 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "I don't know."
(12:23:46 AM) ***Vargas uses detect magic on the undead thing.
(12:24:03 AM) Miriam: It shows strong signs of necromancy, of course.
(12:24:07 AM) Serribon: "I meant the fish-men in Queensport."
(12:24:22 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "IT's a good thing we went in when we did."
(12:24:30 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Imagine if all the monks had died."
(12:24:33 AM) Miriam: However, the other dead evil monks do not.
(12:24:36 AM) Vargas: "Yeah. You were right Ibram."
(12:24:59 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Sometimes being impatient is okay."
(12:25:02 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Sometimes..."
(12:26:08 AM) Vargas: "I want to talk to the survivors. I want to ask them for permission to pass judgement."
(12:26:13 AM) Serribon: "I honestly don't know if they are actually 'tainted' in some way. But they are all murderers or willing participants in an ongoing murderous scheme. As such, they should be executed anyway. You killed that young man on the road to Queensport for what he might have done in the future. Is this much different?"
(12:27:11 AM) Vargas: "The only way in which this is different is that I'm not certain these men acted by their free will, or whether they were compelled. Or perhaps a combination of both."
(12:27:37 AM) Vargas: "But first I must request rightful authority to pass judgement from their victims."
(12:27:49 AM) Serribon: "Well, I was against his execution, anyway. So, by all means, ask."
(12:27:56 AM) ***Vargas will ask the living uncorrupted monks.
(12:28:47 AM) ***Serribon will let him get on with that while trying to find that last bit of evil gold now that we have a moment.
(12:29:45 AM) Miriam: The living uncorrupted monks have varying opinions, but when all is said and done, they conclude that while they can give recommendations with varying degrees of impartiality, they have no legal or scriptural authority to sentence their brethren.
(12:30:27 AM) Miriam: Vargas, the only really objective, scriptural guidance they can give you is that if there is to be a sentence, an eye for an eye. Punishment exactly equal to the crime.
(12:31:04 AM) Miriam: Their job, meanwhile, is to convey God's forgiveness--to the guilty if they can, to themselves if they can't.
(12:33:24 AM) ***Vargas asks the others, "Take them to the yard. I will not spill any more blood in this place if I can help it."
(12:34:15 AM) ***Serribon helps round them up.
(12:34:22 AM) Miriam: Oh, meanwhile, 3000 XP each, plus 800 to Ibram and Vargas and 400 to Serribon for incidental rescues along the way.
(12:35:23 AM) Vargas: (yay!)
(12:35:52 AM) Vargas: (So, we get 2-3 of these corrupt survivors in the yard?)
(12:36:23 AM) Serribon: (did we get XP for the 11-7 session?)
(12:36:42 AM) Serribon: (last I have recorded is the halloween session)
(12:36:46 AM) Vargas: (I have XP on my sheet from 11/6)
(12:38:19 AM) Miriam: Serribon and Vargas got XP from the chase to rescue The Boy. I believe that was most recent.
(12:38:30 AM) Miriam: Vargas, you get three guys in the courtyard.
(12:38:43 AM) Vargas: (retconning, rolling diplo and sense motive for private interrogations of the dudes before we get to the yard)
(12:38:56 AM) Vargas: (I don't expect to change anything, OOCly, but ICly he'd do it)
(12:39:03 AM) Miriam: To discern what, then?
(12:39:14 AM) Vargas: Why they did it.
(12:39:20 AM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+18 (diplo)
(12:39:20 AM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (diplo): 30:12+18
(12:39:28 AM) Vargas: ,roll 1d20+1 (sm)
(12:39:28 AM) HAXX_Emprah: Vargas, (sm): 7:6+1
(12:39:38 AM) Serribon: (hm. I have the log until you left around 12:30 that night, and don't see a rewards post)
(12:40:23 AM) Miriam: They tell you why: they were forced to go along with it, to keep it silent. Threats were made. It was the only option.
(12:40:42 AM) Miriam: One of them is remorseless. The other two weep. One of those begs to repent.
(12:40:59 AM) Miriam: (We'll dig it up this week, Serri.)
(12:41:23 AM) Serribon: (G says he has 1700 recorded. I can go with that. Any bonus XP I miss will just be a sloppiness penalty)
(12:41:35 AM) ***Vargas will share these findings with Miriam to see if her recommendation changes with the gathered evidence.
(12:41:37 AM) Miriam: (Heh, that's fine.)
(12:41:51 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *offers to do the executions. That's his job most of the time*
(12:42:26 AM) ***Serribon will abstain, as usual. These barbarians and their summary executions...
(12:42:26 AM) ***Miriam listens to the information relayed by Vargas and then goes to each of the men in turn.
(12:42:47 AM) Miriam: ,roll 1d20+17
(12:42:47 AM) HAXX_Emprah: Miriam: 29:12+17
(12:43:15 AM) Vargas: (This isn't that summary. By pre-modern standards, V's investigation is extremely progressive)
(12:43:17 AM) ***Miriam returns to Vargas. "My recommendation stands."
(12:43:25 AM) Miriam: True!
(12:43:58 AM) Vargas: Speech time. Back at the yard.
(12:44:45 AM) ***Vargas declines Ibram's offer. "I should swing the sword myself, this time. But I appreciate the offer."
(12:45:01 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *Hands him his sword then*
(12:45:04 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "All right."
(12:46:58 AM) Serribon: "I would offer you my sword. Then, at least, you would know if you were right."
(12:47:22 AM) ***Vargas addresses each man by name in turn. "Tonight you have participated in the murder of your brothers in cloth. You are guilty of conspiracy, murder, and attempted murder. I have made every attempt to determine whether you made this decision under magical compulsion, and I have found none. You have trespassed under duress."
(12:48:04 AM) Miriam: The third monk, the one who begged to repent, now acquiesces to be killed. He makes no protest when the others do.
(12:49:26 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *just stares, hard-eyed, at this*
(12:51:32 AM) Vargas: "Your brothers have, to the man, declined to judge you. They forgive you. Despite your crimes, they still possess love for you. However their forgiveness does not constitute pardon. It is not theirs to give. Nor is it mine. Pardon belongs to Gott, and the dead who can no longer speak."
(12:53:20 AM) ***Vargas takes a deep breath, lifts a hand, and snaps his fingers. Fireball.
(12:54:08 AM) Miriam: Ah. Burning alive. Very thematic.
(12:54:21 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *raises an eyebrow*
(12:54:24 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "Dramatic."
(12:54:43 AM) Miriam: Three charred corpses fall to the dirt as the oily orange and black mushroom rolls up into the night.
(12:54:44 AM) Serribon: (Purge the heretic!)
(12:54:57 AM) ***Vargas returns Ibram's weapon. He says to the others, "I need to be alone for a while."
(12:55:09 AM) ***Vargas will pray in the pews for the dead. All of them.
(12:56:15 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *nods, and will head off to stand by Miriam and Serri* "I am really tired of having to do that."
(12:56:42 AM) Miriam: "I
(12:57:14 AM) Miriam: "It will never end. You can kill them, or kill or be killed by them later. Death and violence are the curse of this world."
(12:57:32 AM) Serribon: "Well, we really don't have to, you know."
(12:58:05 AM) ***Miriam looks at Serribon. "Have to what?"
(12:58:52 AM) Serribon: "Keep killing people outside of battle. There are prisons. There is servitude. Execution is a dire punishment, even for murder."
(12:59:59 AM) Serribon: "This was slightly better than some we have participated in. But still."
(01:02:34 AM) ***Miriam gazes at Serribon for a moment and then smiles. "Mercy. I like this from you."
(01:03:20 AM) ***Miriam lookds down at the bodies. "When you see a merciful option in the future, I ask that you be its champion. Speak loudly for the sake of mercy."
(01:08:21 AM) Serribon: "As the situation warrants. This," he gestures towards the carnage, "was probably necessary. Two were unrepentant, and the third accepted his death as punishment for his moral weakness. Though I would have opted for hanging or beheading in his case. Immolation is a terrible way to die for the penitent."
(01:09:30 AM) Miriam: "What's done is done."
(01:09:35 AM) Miriam: "
(01:09:55 AM) Serribon: "So it would seem."
(01:10:01 AM) Miriam: "Unless you care to raise them as you raised me, and re-execute them. That's always an option, albeit expensive."
(01:14:00 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> *snorts*
(01:14:17 AM) Serribon: "Speaking of - whatever happened to Kormak? Weren't we supposed to resurrect him?"
(01:14:56 AM) Miriam: BAHAHAHAHA!
(01:16:18 AM) UNGOOOO: <ibram> "ooops."
(01:16:31 AM) Miriam: "Actually... I did try. He was not reachable."
(01:17:04 AM) Serribon: "Ah. Perhaps you were in the wrong era."
(01:17:50 AM) Miriam: "No, I mean that the priest said he did not want to come back. Apparently, he was happier wherever he had gone."
(01:20:26 AM) Serribon: "Oh."
(01:22:02 AM) Miriam: And with that, I must go to sleep. I have to drive my sister to the airport this morning at 0530.
(01:22:30 AM) Serribon: (Fun-fun. Thanks for sticking with it so late, then.)
(01:23:02 AM) Miriam: (My pleasure. Congrats, everyone. It's done. Back to round robin, starting next weekend.)
(01:24:00 AM) Serribon: (who's up?)
(01:24:07 AM) You are now known as Rivet_
(01:24:18 AM) Miriam is now known as Ancient
(01:24:29 AM) Ancient: There is no order. Only volunteers.
(01:24:39 AM) UNGOOOO: ,roll 1d10+4
(01:24:39 AM) HAXX_Emprah: UNGOOOO: 10:6+4
(01:24:42 AM) UNGOOOO: so 11
(01:24:47 AM) UNGOOOO: including favored class
(01:24:51 AM) Ancient: Woot.
(01:24:54 AM) Rivet_: Ah, you bumped.
(01:24:55 AM) UNGOOOO: since I think ibby has a 16 con if I'm not incorrect
(01:25:03 AM) Rivet_: Gratz

27NOV11

Clockwork Rivet